Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
August, 2019 :: Winter
Sign in to follow this  

Complete Fatherly (Dec. 9 2017)

Repository ☆ CEO Athena WorldwideKay
Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

The house was relatively quiet. His daughter had pushed herself too hard and he had caught her nearly pass out in the kitchen. It worried the older Greek man. She had the baby just a few weeks ago and she had already pushed herself in the studio, not to mention she was up with the kids and he was not sure how much he had seen her eat. She had asked him to let it go so long as she went to sleep earlier. He then took the baby monitor from her room and was up in the kitchen with it. Doe was not one to let things go so easily but he would make a big deal of it, he had a feeling it would happen again. She was too stubborn for her own good. So Atlas had taken on the role of waiting for Jason to come home. It had been a late night. Not too uncommon for the head of the MLE once in a while. 

Atlas was looking over the homes that the realtor had sent him. He was looking for something in the area but thus far nothing had gotten his attention. The one he was looking at now looked promising. He sent a note back to her, he wanted to see it. He smiled at the house and heard the door. Looking up over his cup of tea that was now lukewarm he nodded. ”Jason.” He said quietly. He was not sure of he would want to stay up for a bit and eat or go to bed. 

”I have put all three of them to bed, and there is some leftover in the fridge for you. We had Gyros for dinner.”He said with a smile. ”How was work?” Atlas was always conversational and he had become fond of his son in law over the years. 

Ministry ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh
Pureblood Human

It had been a late night at work, and Jason had made sure to send note to Eudoxia that he would not be home for dinner. She was always understanding. It was bound to happen when he returned to work, that there would be late nights. Especially right now. He was securing the Minister position quickly, and was having a lot of meetings on top of his duties as the Head of Magical Law Enforcement. It had been a hectic day to say the least. After signing off on a few more reports, Jason collected his briefcase, loosened his tie, and made his way out of the office. He was stopped momentarily by the division head of the magical law enforcement squad, being updated on a few developments on some small cases. Just another thing to keep him there later.

Finally, he was able to make his way out of the Ministry, and he hopped into his vehicle, and made the drive over to his Manor Street home in Brighton. He pulled into the garage, put the car in park, and made his way to the front door. 

He put his hand on the knob, turning it. When he entered the home, it was not Eudoxia that greeted him, but her father, Atlas. It appeared as though Eudoxia had gone to bed judging by the fact that Atlas had the baby monitor by him.

"That's excellent. I'm assuming she's asleep." Jason said with a smile. "She does deserve it." Jason took his suit jacket off, hanging it on the coat hook by the door. Jason took a seat in his lounge chair, sinking into it. 

"Work was long. A lot of walking around, being political, and doing my duties all in one." He said, laughing. "I'll be more glad once I secure the Minister job, and can focus on one thing."

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

Atlas nodded. ”She does.” He thought for a moment. Marriage had not worked for him he had tried with Aviva and it had been relatively miserable for them both… but it worked for them. He figured it was more to do with the fact she was well matched with her partner. Atlas still worried, what was Jason doing late at night… did he realize the stress that the family would be under… He assumed he had thought of all that. Again it was not his place to meddle. But he was a father who was worried about his daughter. ”She had a rough day.” he explained. It had been a rough one. He left it at that. It would be up to her to tell him what had happened and why… though anyone who knew her knew why. 

”these politics you are playing now…” He said he had been meaning to talk to him about it. ”Will they be asking lots of questions… I imagine the will bring up some of the Karras Checkered past… are you well insulated for that?” It was a fair question. ”You know we have been accused of shipping dark objects.” It was hundreds of years ago but it was still there. ”Not to mention my son’s dalliances with the law.” /he knew that Doe would blame herself if the family brought him down. 

Pureblood Human

Jason frowned. "She's a tough woman, Atlas. Even on her roughest days, she does very well. Still, even Wonder Woman deserves a break every now and then. I am thankful you are here right now." He still worried about her though. "I've considered bringing up hiring a nanny to her, but I doubt she would go for it. She's very particular on certain things." Still, it would be nice to have someone to help out around the home and with the kids. Plus, they had the guest house out back. It would be possible. "It worked out for my cousin. Of course, he's doing everything on his own too."

He had wondered how long it would take this question to come out. He expected it from Eudoxia, but then again, she would blindly support him in everything that he did. However, Atlas never had really pried himself into Jason's professional life.

"Questions will come, I am sure, however all families have a checkered past. My own included. My father was the first in the Miller lineage to not adhere to the pureblood ideology. My grandfather was imprisoned for crimes against Muggles during the Grindlewald era. My great grandfather was killed by Auror's after killing several people. My father was the one that broke away, discarded that life, and made the Miller name respectable. Years later, here I am as the Head of Magical Law Enforcement, with several awards and accommodations throughout my career. The past is exactly that. The past. At least your families past dealings were outside of Australia. I think it will be fine. As for Lot? Well, I stuck my neck out, and cleared his name. He hasn't forgotten that, and is living life on the straight and narrow." Jason sat up in his chair, looking at Atlas. 

"Doe and I are prepared for this. We've talked about it for a few years now. The timing is right. My career with law enforcement has come to an end. The state of Victoria needs a strong leader, and that is me. The family pasts would have already come out in the open if anyone even cared. The fact of the matter is that my name speaks for itself here."

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

Atlas sat up a bit. He knew how tough she was, he had raised her, and she held her own against the likes of her brother… and he had been rough one. She did have a broken arm to speak for an incident in the tree house…and she had always come home with bruises and skinned knees. ”I know these things she is my daughter.” He said with a small huff. ”But maybe do me a favor and bring the nanny up after I leave.” There was no way she agreed toa nanny though I might help. He worried… He simply didn’t know how to convey he wanted the best for the family… Atlas was used to being the patriarch and it was not like anyone to question him… though someone probably should have. He listened quietly. ”I ask these things because I am a father.”he explained. It seemed to make the most sense to him. 

”I am sure you have talked about these things. I am just worried that your name or not in a smear campaign things are brought out to the surface that would be seen differently now.” He had seen the way mud ws flung. He never supported politics in Greece, for many reasons. ”You are my son in law, you have given me these grandchildren you make my daughter happy.” He said. ”I want to be sure that you are not going to end up with your pants around your ankles.” It was not like he was a man who was known for being squeaky clean himself, none of his children had the same mothers. ”Politics gets dirty.” 

”Strong woman or no she still nearly passed out making dinner this evening. I am not saying she needs help but she will push herself too hard.” He knew he couldn’t really tell him how to be a good husband. ”just watch for it.” He said with a shrug that was all they could do. She was so damn independent and stubborn like her mother. 

Pureblood Human

Jason could feel a vein pulsating in his neck under the collar of his shirt. Who was Atlas to be trying to give him advice on how to take care of Eudoxia, and his career? That Jason Miller temper was flaring, and he could feel it. He only hoped he could stop it before he said something he'd regret in the morning. Jason leaned forward, resting his elbows on his thighs, and holding his hands together in front of him. He was taking slow breaths in and out, very subtly as to not alarm Atlas.

"You're right, politics get dirty, but it is not your place to sit there and try to tell me how things can be. You don't know the people here. As for ending up with my pants around my ankles?" He looked at Atlas in the eyes. "Some of us know how to keep our pants around our waists." Jason wasn't finished. He had started, and the point of no return was coming.

"And another thing, you are my father in law, but not my father. My father never left his family by choice. You're not going to sit there and try to act like the concerned parent when it comes to your children. How often were you there for them growing up? Not very. I've done more for two of your children in the past eight years than you ever did while they were growing up. Your son? You know, the one who you said had his problems with the law? Yeah, what did you ever do for him? Nothing. What did you do for Doe during the entire Malcolm situation? Nothing." Jason stood up, and opened his shirt showing the scars. "I risked my life protecting them. My entire field career ended due to what I've done for the children you never wanted anything to do with until now. So, don't you sit there and tell me how you're concerned for them or me. Don't sit there and try to tell me, in my own home, how to handle my family, Atlas."

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

Much like his son Atlas knew how to look calm. He understood the way things looked form an outside perspective. Atlas was a man who did not stick anywhere for too long and the truth was he had not been very involved in his children’s lives but that didn’t mean he cared any less for them. ”You my boy, also speak about things you do not know.” He said softly. He was not about to wake his daughter or grand babies. ”I was out working, I was providing for my family. They all lived within the same neighborhood as to keep them close to one another. They were never hungry. They had money for school, for clothes… if she wanted a horse she could have had a horse. I did not deny m children anything.” Except maybe access to him. 

”The whole situation was beyond my control. Malcolm and Lot and Doe. If there was something to be done, I would have done it.” He had not known much about it all honestly Doe had kept things from him. If he could have he would have killed the man who tore his children apart. Though he was well aware Lot still blamed him for the whole thing. Malcolm had been Atlas’ business contact. ”It is easy to sit in judgement of me. I can see this now.” He let out a small hug keeping from yelling. 

”I see these scars and I have thanked you for what you have done. As foolish as it was. To potentially leave your family without their father. I was not around then because of work, I am around now because I have the opportunity to be. I am not saying was perfect but a man has to start somewhere or do those things not matter to you?” He looked at her. "I tell you because I know she will not. There or not there in your eyes I do not love her any less than with all i have." 

Pureblood Human

Jason shook his head the man, buttoning his shirt back up. They were whispering as to not wake anyone in the house hold, but you could cut the tension here with a knife. Jason had let Atlas into his grandchildren's lives for Eudoxia. He was always hesitant about it due to his history of up and leaving. He did not want that for his children. 

"You hit the nail right on the coffin there, mate. You did not deny your children anything except for a visible father figure. You bought temporary happiness, but never were there to give them the real thing. Work or not, you make time for your children. I have. I always will. As for my scars and them being foolish? I think not. My children would know their father died to protect their mother and their family. They'd know I didn't abandon them. Could you say the same if you had died? I think not." Jason began pacing now, trying to calm himself. He was getting on a roll, and it wasn't slowing down. In reality, it was probably more to do with the fact that he'd had a rough day at work, and he never took those out on Eudoxia. instead, he'd hit their personal gym after work while the kids were asleep to get rid of his frustrations. Atlas had just been there first.

"It's better late than never though, I suppose. I just hope you don't pull one of your famous disappearing acts with your new plaything and make my children wonder why their grandfather is never around, much like your children did for you when they were growing up."

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

Atlas knew few things one of which was… this fight would anger his daughter but they had just hit go. It was not like he planned on it. He did actually care about the man and he was only trying to be a father in law. He was not very good at his delivery of things. He had been working on the relationship with his daughter for several years… it was complex like most matters that affected the heart. ”Will you be so perfect?” He asked him. Atlas was not new to this accusation the mothers of his children had flung the same one. It didn’t sting now, it didn’t sting then. ”I made a choice, I had the ability to provide them with anything they could want and so I did.” He would not apologize for them now. 

Not to Jason anyway. ”What happens when the man who gave you those scars succeeded in killing you and her and your son?” He asked him. ”Not heroic if you are all dead anyway.” he pointed out. He just hoped the man would not jump into a burning building without thinking about his family anymore. ”I did not run into danger the way you do.” He pointed out again. He then looked at him. 

”Is that the issue, you do not want me here in the life of my children and my grandchildren. Do you see her here? She is not important.” The playing in question was a pain in the ass as of late and he was not about to justify wanting to move to be near his children and grandchildren. ”I have been looking to purchase a home. But I shouldn’t have to justify my intentions to you.” 

Pureblood Human

Jason stopped pacing a moment, and looked at Atlas. "You honestly think I left my family unprotected while I was out there doing what needed to be done? Is that what you think?" Jason was getting frustrated more now. "I left the very best aurors I had here to protect them. They were in no danger. There are protections around this home to ensure their safety at all times. Don't you dare sit there and assume I left them unprotected. "You don't run into danger the way I do. you send people to do it for you because you're too scared to face a threat yourself."

Jason was heated, but the whisper fight they were having was maintained. "Do you think that I want to leave the position that I love, that I worked so hard for in my life, to become Minister? No. Not really. The people have spoken. They need me in that position of leadership. It allows me more time with my family to go into this position as well, because unlike where I'm at now, I can work some more from home as well." 

Jason took a few deep breaths. "It's not that I don't want you here. I'm more concerned about when you're going to disappear on them again. What happens then? If you leave like you have done all your life, I can promise you this, you won't be welcome back. If you're going to settle down here in Australia, then you'd better damn well mean it. I won't have you confusing my children, and causing my wife any more heartache she has already suffered from you." He was starting to calm down, but he wondered how long that would last. 

"I'm glad you're here. I am. I just don't want it to end up badly for them. I don't give a damn how you feel about me, what I'm doing with my career, or how you think I should run this household. I've done a damn good job at everything I've ever set my sights on. I've kept my record clean for my entire career, I've cared for Eudoxia, supported everything she's ever wanted to do or accomplish, and helped her succeed with that, and brought into this world with her two beautiful children. I don't want to see you hurt them."

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

Atlas shook his head. ”I have never sent someone into danger.” Which was the truth. Atlas had not ordered anyone into harms way. He ran an import and export company. He grew the business- Athena Worldwide was truly worldwide. ”The Aurors you left in your stead is not you. I did not leave proxies for my family to depend on.” He frowned. It was not like he had left his family- they were together, they were safe and he had taken care of them. Atlas was not a man who was meant to be sedentary. He was starting to come into now that he had gotten older. Now that he saw te benefit of being in one place at one time. He still had tot ell them about their fifth sibling but now was not the time. He had not been aware of the child existence until recently. 

That had been a rather large eye opener as well. ”You keep saying I left them. I did not leave my family.” His family just wasn’t the same as Jason’s version of family. ”Much like you go to work I went to work. I have never been very far away from them when a man leaves his family he does not support them, he does not love them. He is gone.” atlas was never gone. ”I do not risk leaving my family for good when I walk out the door.”Atlas found himself annoyed the man kept pushing at him, over and over he said he left. Over and over it made Atlas burn inside. 

He had not pretended to be father of the year but he was still present enough in their lives. At the very least he was always a presence in their lives. ”You keep throwing these accusations at me. You forget that I loved her much longer than you have. Though it is clear you seem to think I do not care for my family because I do not do it your way.” he muttered. It had been tense and uneasy since he had come to stay with them really. ”Maybe it is best if I get a hotel until I can find a home.” He suggested and looked at the man in the other chair. Glancing at the baby monitor. "I would hate to remain an imposition."

Pureblood Human

Jason paused a moment, and then brought his thumb and forefinger to his eyes, rubbing them. "No, that won't be necessary. I think we've said all we need to say. You're going to be the concerned father, I'm going to be the concerned husband. I guess it's in our natures to be skeptical, isn't it?" Jason shook his head, and then laughed. 

"We're so stupid. Were we really just whispering in a fighting manner?" It was funny. Both men, however angry they were getting, whispered as to not wake the ones they loved. "I think I'm going to get that gyro. The house down the street also went up for sale yesterday. You may want to think about checking it out." He stood up, and went into the kitchen, and began reheating food.

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

Atlas would have no issues finding a hotel. It would not be ideal given he was enjoying the morning with the kids. The time with his daughter. However he could easily head over once Jason had left for the day and left before he got home. He did his best to keep his daughter happy but he did not think his presence would provide anything but tension now. It was a surprise to him when Jason seemed to drop the whole argument. It was a case of them spinning their wheels. He was no stranger to this sort of argument he had done it plenty of times when the children were young. He looked at Jason. ”because you do not scare me.” He said. ”She scares me.” She being Eudoxia. 

She was small but when it came down to it terrifying. He knew she was his based on temper alone. All of his children shared that with him. He then waited for a moment as he attempted to see if the man was being sarcastic… for someone who thought he would be leaving he was surprised that Jason suggested a home just down the street. ”The realtor sent it to me.” He said indicated the tablet on his lap. 

Pureblood Human

Jason laughed. "She terrifies me too." It seemed they had that very thing in common. Eudoxia was not anyone that was to be crossed. Jason had seen her temper, she had seen his. They were two peas in a pod though. They never let their tempers get the better of their relationship. They always made up. Never went to bed angry. He loved her for that. They kept each other level. They were soul mates brought together by fate.

Jason was finishing up heating up the food whenever Atlas told him that his realtor had sent him that particular home he had been speaking of. "It's beautiful. Not too big, either. The people that owned it used to babysit me whenever I was a child and mum and dad were working. I occasionally visited for Christmas after mum and dad passed too. It's cozy. You should check it out." He sat back down in the living room with his plate and a glass of water. 

"It will be good for Doe and the kids having you close by." He meant that, despite their fight. The bad day mixed with the empty stomach had just pushed Jason over the edge.

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

Atlas would not forget the first time he had been the brunt of her wrath. She had been sixteen and it event then it had been horrifying. His father had pointed out she was a chip off the old block and he was not looking to get himself back in front of that. She had already gotten onto him today for going overboard for the holidays, but children deserved to be spoiled and he had every intention of doing so. They didn’t have Jason’s parents to spoil them. ”She has been that way forever, when she was eight it was cuter… now it could be lethal.” He was surprise Natalie had survived the incident with Silas. 

”And you wouldn’t mind your father in law down the street.” Atlas likely wouldn’t take the house given how this conversation had gone. It could be better if they had some distance between them. He shook his head and leaned back in the chair. ”They are better than her grandmothers she would die if I told her that.” he indicated the dinner Jason had. He had been amazed at how well she adapted to the domestic life. 

Pureblood Human

"You have no idea. I've had to calm her on a few occasions." One of them being with Atlas' girlfriend with the Silas situation. Jason thought she was going to kill the woman. It had taken a lot of talking to get her calm. Jason had been angry, but he had also been more worried about his wife not committing murder in front of him.

Jason pondered for a moment before responding. "No, I wouldn't mind having you down the street. You could see the kids as much as you wanted without much travel. It really is a beautiful home." He said, smiling. "I think you'll enjoy it. It has a six car garage too." Of course, Jason's was a twelve car garage, and surprisingly now had room. Jason had sold a few of his cars. There were spaces for three or four more though, but he was comfortable with what he had. 

Jason took a bite of the gyro. "Damn, these are better than they usually are too. I wouldn't tell her that either."

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

He could imagine. He did not share a living space with his daughter for long, but he knew what that was like sometimes. ”Silas seems to have mellowed her out…” He suggested. That could also be the fact she had not been working at the ministry any longer. It had been a solid job for her, though in reality none of his kids needed to work, he was just glad they chose to. Though Lot wouldn’t touch his trust… Atlas wished he would put his feelings towards him aside. Lilah was not suffering but he hated watching his son struggle. Then again he understood, Atlas fought the family business for a long time before he accepted it. 

”Six.” he nodded hi head. ”That seems excessive for me, I am not much of a car guy.” Not like Jason. He had the Maserati and the Audi. He didn’t really need anything else… and the only reason he had gotten the crossover was for the kidbits. He could lug all three of them around when he needed to. ”I will look at it, there is another one with a treehouse in the back, its in the neighborhood but not as close.” The treehouse was a selling point. It only needed a bit of work. 

”I don’t expect you to understand my parenting method. But I do want you to understand that I am trying here. All of this goes against what was my very nature, but I have found retirement has been rather welcome.” 

Pureblood Human

"Yeah. He has. Motherhood suits her. It almost didn't happen, you know. She was perfectly content with the fact that I didn't want children. Well, I wouldn't say content, but she was accepting. Then, my mind changed. And here we are with two beauties." It had seemed so long ago that he didn't want kids, and it had mostly been due to his job. Something about Eudoxia had changed that about him.

Jason scoffed. "No. No such thing as excessive with cars." Jason said, beaming/ "I just got an Escalade. It is perfect. So comfortable. Sold a few though. Definitely sold the other Mustang after her accident with hers. Got her a range rover like she always wanted. But, you think my car problem is bad? You should see her closet with those shoes. Merlin's beard, there are so many." He didn't mind though. He had his cars, she had her shoes. Their collections.

Jason sighed. "You were just wrong place, wrong time. Hungry and angry don't mix, especially after work. Usually I go straight to our personal gym whenever I have a bad day at work and hit the punching bags."Jason frowned. "So, I apologize for that. I am glad you're here for her now. She missed you very much."

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

Atlas nodded. ”She is a good mother.” Better than her mother, then of course Aviva had always taken on his other children, she acted as the mother to all of them in many ways. He knew that Aviva and Doe were close.”After what happened with her and Malcolm and that child… she deserves it.” There was nothing worse than grieving a child. He had been lucky in that was not something Atlas had been through… but it was just as bad watching it happen to your child and being helpless. He smiled. ”they are both quite perfect. Persephone is a spitting image of Doe when she was a baby.” 

”I am not a car man, I own lots of boats. The fleet of course for Athena and then I have my own. I will likely end up heading to Greece after the holidays to sail one here.” He was a man who did enjoy his boats. He found he was the most at ease when he was on the water. ”Maybe I can coax Lot out with the catamaran.” It was Lot’s boat after all. ”I plan on getting all of my grandchildren a boat at somepoint. Its important they learn. On the sailboat of course an then they will earn the boat.” He said looking over. Everyone had their things. 

”I think it is a dancer thing- her mother was the same.” He mentioned. Esme had been an amazing woman. They all were. ”She loved her mother’s shoes when she was younger. Has she made you see the red shoes yet? It is also her favorite ballet…” He said looking over. "I missed out on a lot." 

Pureblood Human

"I believe that Persephone will be the last one coming from us, though." Jason said. It had been something they had talked about, and agreed upon. "I think this most recent one has taken more of a toll on her than the last one. So, don't expect any more any time soon." Jason did, however, smile. "Never say never though."

Jason chuckled. "I'm sure they'll enjoy getting out on the water. Silas has a little boat he already likes to play with in the bath. He'd love to get out on one of the big boats. We can even get him a little captain's hat." 

Jason frowned at Atlas. He'd definitely been too hard on the man earlier. "Well, despite missing out on a lot, you've done a great job. The best you could, and you're here now that is what matters. There is so much you won't miss out on anymore with your grandchildren." Jason told him, reassuringly.

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

There had been many things that he had thought about and he shook his head. ”I have no expectations honestly.” He had not been too worried about how many children they had, they would make the best choices for themselves. Atlas had thought about how he had wanted a big family and he had to admit he was a little ashamed to know what his daughter had wanted. It had seemed as though they had found some happiness with the two. ”I suppose the 2 makes you a typical nuclear family- that will look good on the campaign posters.” He suggested. People loved a family man. 

”It is a good thing to be on the water.” He agreed. It was something he had always enjoyed. ”then maybe one of them will want the company when the time comes to pass it on.” It was something he had come to worry about since taking control. It Should go to Lot as the first born, but he was not sure now who it would go to… if any of his children wanted it at all. He would figure out how to make it work… It was not too challenging he supposed. His brother never had children. 

”That is the plan.” he said for a moment. Though he knew very well that it was likely he would never quite make things up to those who had deserved it. 

Pureblood Human

Jason nodded at Atlas. "It would look good on a campaign poster, however, there isn't much need for that. There is no opposition. The decision will be made at the beginning of the new year. All that is needed is the vote of approval from the committee. I've been doing a little been of talking around. Being political. Which, by the way, is not me at all. But, so far, everyone seems excited with the idea." The timing was really perfect with all of this. They were in a time of peace, and that was largely due to the department that Jason had run, he was a favorite among many in the Ministry, and was recommended by The Australian Minister himself. Everything seemed to be going well.

Jason frowned. "Just be careful with it, is all I have to say. If you want it to stay in the family, I mean. My mother had left her company to me when she passed. It was of no interest to me, and I sold it. Of course, it was a good move on my part, as it eventually went bankrupt." Jason never regretted selling either. Sure, he probably could have made it work, and it was possible it only went bankrupt because of who he'd sold it to, but that was business. He'd made the smarter move. Business just was not for him. He was too much like his father.

When Atlas had said that was his plan, Jason gave him a smile. "It'll all work out in the end."

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

Atlas had never had political aspirations he was much happier with his life in shipping. He donated to campaigns and he had favors owed to him. He’d only called on them a few times- mostly to get a few shipments through customs without too much fuss. Sometimes palms needed to be greased and Atlas understood this. Something he didn’t think his daughter would do, especially now… She had married a man whose very ability above reproach was the reason he was being asked to run. He smiled for a moment and nodded. ”I have been careful with the business it is the Karras Family legacy… there is a story it started when a man from my family fell in love with the daughter of an Olive Oil merchant and they formed this company to appease their parents who were never thrilled with the relationship.” he said with a smile. 

”It is however a very Tragic tale. It is said that he died while out to sea only a few years after marriage and she so forlorn threw herself off a cliff and they never recovered the body from the ocean, and so now the ships sail with little issue because those who started the company from love guide it safely through Poseidon’s waters.” The truth was there in the story… but he didn’t know how true. ”It is blessed…” he said with a small laugh. ”Or perhaps cursed… it is a matter of perspective.” 

"But then, so much is."

Pureblood Human

Jason listened as Atlas described how the company had started. It was a romantic, yet tragic story. "That is quite the romanticized tragedy. Perhaps, though, there is something to that. After all, Doe and I haven't had the most settled of waters we've sailed though, but we've always made it through the storm, no matter what. Perhaps, that guidance, isn't only in the water."

Jason smiled. 

"Or, maybe we're just lucky." Jason kicked his shoes off, and propped his feet up on the table. 

"What was Doe like as a kid, Atlas?"

Pureblood Human ☆ he/him

He smiled. ”That I can agree with, aside from myself, The family has no trouble staying married. I think my curse came from fighting my place as the head of the company.” he suggested. T was something he thought about. He wondered if Malcolm and Doe would have the same luck had Malcolm not “died” only to come back to life and attempt to disrupt her life. ”Or you are lucky.” he suggested. The truth was Atlas knew how much his daughter loved the man in the chair beside him. To Atlas to have a woman love you like that was very lucky. He laughed at the next question. 

”very much like she is today. Stubborn and determined. She had always been a feisty little thing. Lot and she used to get into it and sometimes she won because of determination alone.” He missed when his children were still children. ”She was also very observant as a child, she picked up on a lot.” he thought for a moment the way the small brunette would watch those around her. ”She always had to be right, when she was very young we once argued over what color the sky was… Lilah reminds me much of Doe, much older than her years.” the little one took after her aunt quite a bit. 

"she has always shown a great capacity to love, of all my children she ha always been the first to forgive me."