School Status:
Ending Term 4

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ House Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro WrestlerKirupachi
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Amber forgot her cousin was a New Year baby. Amber forgot about something so crucial to one of the most important people in her life. Ultimately, Amber forgot about how to be a productive member of society, and most importantly her family, by being an absolutely disgusting human being and forgetting the birthday of a cinnamon roll.

And this machine was her penance.

The Spencer had spent the better part of the last half hour obsessing over a crane game in a little arcade in town that took full advantage of Narragyambie being a campus town. She couldn't forgive herself over getting Samantha a Christmas gift, but nothing for her birthday. Given that they lived out in the sticks it was too late to actually go and order something due to how long it'd actually take anything to arrive; so, instead, she had to get something locally. Something she dreaded.

After wracking her brain when trying to figure out what else to get to the girl that would like a T-shirt straight out of the trash if you gave it to her, Amber ultimately decided on a plush for the sheer irony of it - the whole festivity had been a giant joke over a girly plush given to Amber, and she felt like she had to repay the 'favor' (but make it a good one). She ultimately found a nice little Rowlet plush stuck inside a crane game machine, and given that the little Pokémon reminded her of the happy-go-lucky Bourke she decided to just go for it.

What she didn't plan on, however, was to run out of quarters so quickly. Attempt after attempt after attempt, she failed every time. She could swear the thing was rigged, but it was no time to complain - she was down to her last quarter. The game was on.

"...I'm not gonna have anything to give to her, am I...?" She muttered to herself, all too hesitant to put the coin in the machine to start it up again. She sucked at these things...

Narragyambie ☆ Owner of Will o' the Wisp Wands★ LilyCat
1006* year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

On a bright day like this, there was really no choice but to be out and about as far as Stardust was concerned. It helped that she was getting the feeling that Dylan wasn't in much of a mood to deal with many of her antics today as well, so didn't have a problem with her going for a wander with a couple of her pygmy puff babies that played around in the dark locks of her hair, hiding whenever there were Muggles around, and peeping out when there were none. She had some shopping to do anyway, needed to get a few things for the various little pets that she had living in the small cottage she had just out of town, as well as the ones who preferred to stay in the apartment above her store.

Having done so, as well as buying herself an ice cream, the woman then wandered around for a little, checking out some of the shops that were closed from outside the window, while taking note of the very few that were open during this time between Christmas and New Year. Dusty herself was a Yule celebrator, but it was entirely the wrong season to celebrate that right now. She'd had her little Midsummer celebration with her furry, feathered and scaly friends, and then well... just bought Christmas presents for some people because she liked giving presents anyway, even if she didn't really adhere to the holiday herself.

What she hadn't really expected to see hanging out on a hot day, rather than sitting somewhere under an air conditioner, was a teenager who appeared to be having a conversation with a claw machine game, while trying to get a particular toy. Stardust knew all about those games, they were difficult, but once you had the knack then they weren't too bad. This girl clearly didn't have such.

"Those are a pest, aren't they? Who are you trying to win it for?" Stardust asked from behind the girl, having silently wandered over. Her hair bounced a little as she tilted her head, a bright smile offered as she peered past Amber to the bundle of prizes inside the booth, and then back to the girl. "I could try for you, though I don't always get the prizes. Or if there's something else I can do to help, I'm happy to."

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ House Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro WrestlerKirupachi
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Amber bit her lip as the hesitation lingered. She was often the wholly reckless, no regrets type of person - but as the coin hovered just above the slit to insert it into the machine, she felt quite uneasy. The dumb plush was smack dab in the center of the lot - she had moved it around a few times but it always fell, having even rebounded off the edge of the exit hatch and fallen back onto the pile. It truly was a nightmare.

Just as she was about to bite the bullet and resign to her prizeless fate one more time, good fortune came to the rescue and Amber heard a pleasant voice from behind. Perhaps it was a good thing that she was accustomed to working her little 'side gig', as she would like to call it, in such a way - it made her far less jumpy, and she didn't seem at all frightened by someone sneaking up on her.

"Hm?" She peered backwards past her shoulder, recognizing the shorter woman as the one whom had matched her to a wand so many years ago. "Huh, really? Well, if you got any before, you're better than me by default." She looked back at the (now infuriating) toy resting face down onto the mountain of other plushies. Perhaps now she had a chance!

"Well, thanks." She stepped aside and handed Stardust the coin. "That one." She pointed towards the somewhat round plush, mostly brown in color, with little toes on its underside. "S'for my cousin, her birthday's coming up. And if I don't get that thing, I don't think there's any helping me..." Why did Samantha have to be so ridiculously difficult to shop for?