Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
December, 2019 :: Summer

Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
20 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

The ball had come around at the perfect time, in his opinion. Or rather that he had handled the most pressing of his life determined concerns that made this kind of over-the-top celebration seemed proper and fit. While he didn't really want to be out and about for various reasons, one of them being that his body hadn't fully recovered as much as he'd expected it to. It felt as if much of his energy had been focusing on rejuvenating years of aches and pains, unused muscles, and still knitting all of it to be useful in this new state of his existence. But he could never resist a proper party and couldn't hold back the chance to take his wife out. 

He wore a cranberry coat and slacks set, white button-up shirt, thin black tie, and black wing tipped shoes. Hair had been fully free and let down though it'd been properly treated, combed, and styled to avoid the heavy frizz from the potential heat of the atmosphere. Alexander had expected between the constant movement of dancing, the amount of people that would be in the room, and the sheer heat that had been this time of year that he needed to be perfectly prepared. 

Arriving late to the ball, they'd only managed to miss perhaps a single song luckily not the entire set. That would have been an utter waste and he'd already been kicking himself for getting ready so late in the evening. He looped Cassandra's arm around his own and held it gingerly as he guided them through the hall and passing by the various students and tables that had been set up for refreshments. "Who would have thought the school staff actually knew how to throw a decent party. Not decent by -my- standards but decent enough to be recognized!" He nodded with a playful hum as he continued to appraise the various decorations, the position of the stage that had been setup to be in the most optimum area possible. Even with magic at ones disposal it had been important to place things in an area where it could reach the entire audience that it had intended to encompass. 

The Great Hall looked vastly different than when they'd thrown a party in it earlier within the year. Decorations fit the grandiose and classic design of it and even more so the lightning just seemed to simply fit with the classy flash that had been offered. His eyes finally drifted to the young woman that had walked at his side and he gave a fond smile. In recent days they've had their ups and downs and even disagreements on certain things of late but even then she still managed to pull a smile on his face. The arguments and irritations didn't last long for him and it was in the light that bathed around her that he'd been reminded of the sheer radiance of her. One of the many traits to her multi-layered beauty that he found admirable. 

"I don't know if I already told you this, but you look absolutely beautiful tonight, Love." His hand would lift hers up gently as he stepped back and started to spin her gently around in a flourish. "The Madam of Fancy has walked in and graced this place in pure style and class." Then he followed the same eased rhythm and pulled her closer to himself, an arm wrapped around her waist almost as if he needed to stake his claim over her. "Now, I know you pregnant ladies enjoy your food and drink. . . But is that what you want to do first? Or would you rather work up an appetite with a bit of foot work?"

Alex had been trying to keep himself at least a modicum of 'tamed'.  This night he wanted to enjoy and savor it, to have fun and just for a single moment let all of the stress and the built up frustrations or hurts flow away. To make this one of the many moments where it could feel as if it's just the two of them and nothing else around would seem to matter or even amount up to being a concern. 

Narragyambie ☆ Junior Dance Instructor, Co-Creator of VEGE Productions★ LilyCat
20 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

An evening out, away from the house, was a very good and needed thing as far as Cassandra was concerned. The ups and downs over recent events was taxing, and though she had so far been able to generally contain her own issues with all that had happened, pushing them down and concentrating on trying to stay at least a little positive, it was becoming increasingly more difficult as time went on. Tonight though, she wouldn't have to think about any of it, or at least that was the hope and plan. It was the most cheerful she'd seen Alex since his Acceptance, so that was already a positive start. And the way he held her arm and how nicely they'd dressed reminded her of their Vegas trip which had resulted in the wedding bands they wore now. A small fond smile tugging at her lips at the memory.

"The place looks good, Alex. And you know it," Cassandra offered him a gentle nudge with a small smirk on her lips, before gazing around the hall properly herself. Though there was just the barest hint of a bump on her abdomen now, the young woman had still been able to get away with a low cut, slimming, glittery, dark violet dress, which made her hair stand out quite a bit, despite her efforts to use a little glamour in order to 'normalise' the deep red colour slightly. She supposed she could always blame the lighting if anyone said something, Green eyes surveyed their surrounds casually and smiled as she recognised the band, though it took a moment to realise that Alex was watching her, and she blinked as she glanced at him, a brow raising slightly as though wondering what he was thinking... at least until he just said it outright. "Hmm, I don't think you had said that yet, but thank you very much. You cut a very handsome figure yourself," She responded with a chuckle, easily spinning with a dancer's grace.

"Madam of Fancy, now? What happened to KMH?" Cass grinned lightly at him as he tugged her back in against him, and leaned her head against his shoulder as he spoke about food, snorting softly at the apparent expectation that she'd immediately want that. She did consider his question though, before lifting on her toes to press a soft kiss to his cheek and then clasp at his hand, "How about a little spin on the dancefloor first? I think I'm owed a lot of that since I'll have to take a year off before I can audition for any big dancing companies." She poked her tongue out him, before then offering a small cheeky wink, clearly only jokingly teasing him over having knocked her up before school had ended. She then tugged at his hand as she and her hips began to sway her way closer to where the band was playing.

There had been ever nagging consideration if he had truly felt the ways that he'd expected to feel upon the success of the Acceptance, much of his mind seemed to be his own. There seemed to be a feeling on the inside that had been entire alien, something that seemed similar and yet not him but had never interfered the desires that he'd always held. Oddly enough, wonderment for the arts that he held before seemed to be much more intensified. There had been a renewed view of everything that had once been experienced and in that new inspiration had been found. Being so well-dressed had reminded him of the time the two of them had spent in Vegas, then it seemed as if life had been extremely complicated where things didn't make much sense and they'd just been trying to find the pieces and strands. Now, it all had felt so far away despite it being only a short while ago. 

Alexander laughed lightly as she nudged him, it felt good, that moment and connection. It was almost as if he could feel a different kind of spark and it'd been oddly addictive, the last few days he'd pondered what it had been. Eventually chalking it up to their much closer connection than had been anticipated between the two of them. "Hmm... I guess~. But it needs to be A & C spiced up." A playful smile curved on his lips. For all the crap he'd been giving the presentation it was well done and tasteful, it was a specific theme and those involved had stuck to it and put their all behind it. That was a much harder outcome than many people could ever give it credit and that had been trying to speak from his own experience in attempting a shindig. He didn't mind the true new hint of color in her hair finding it extremely alluring and every bit reminisce of the firebrand that had been Cassandra. Unfortunately, his eyes, weren't in the same position of being able to be properly hidden. Much more of a mark of oddity than he'd expected them to be. 

The band had been familiar to him but it had been mostly because of his encounter back at the Roo during the beginning of the year. "I haven't!? Well, looks like I'll need to be dropping that compliment and every second I can." His free hand rose up and waved dismissively. "Dawh. . . You're so kind. I've been working hard it, mostly the abs and this killer booty. It doesn't happen over night you know." Eyebrows wriggled as if he had put a lot of work into his body. Which, for the most part, he had at the beginning. But now things had felt different, much different and he couldn't put his finger on what about his physical presence had been as such. Alex shined a grin back towards her. "Oh, what, now you only can have one name? Here I thought KMH had the talent of one-million faces, accents, and titles! Well... I guess I could give MoF to someone else~." He couldn't think of any proper contenders, there wouldn't be anyone he could consider would be enough to gain his fancy other than the woman that stood by his side. 

A relaxed sigh eased out of him while feeling the presence of her lips against his cheeks. "Owed a lot? Don't I usually pay every night time after time?" While he hadn't been up to his usual standards of late it had been slowly rebuilding and at a rapid rate at that. Or rather, it had been more accurate to say there had been a massive enough change that neither he or Cass would be ready for when he ends up at his peak condition. "But if my dear, McHotstuff wants to be dancing extraordinaire, who am I to say she can't?" She lead the way towards the center of the dance floor and he followed right behind her while his eyes lowered to stare at her rare and her hips as they swayed. "Have Mercy~." He cooed out in a complimentary fashion at the sight before him. "I get to see the expert in all of her foot-work glory up close. Always a treat."

Narragyambie ☆ Junior Dance Instructor, Co-Creator of VEGE Productions★ LilyCat
20 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

"I'm not sure the place could handle A & C spice, it doesn't tend to be family friendly after a certain point," Cass snickered with a light smirk aimed at Alex, a small wink offered to him. But all in all, she was rather impressed with the setup and didn't really have anything to complain about. It was nice, tasteful, very clear that Derrick hadn't done it alone and she wondered if his girlfriend had something to do with helping him out a little with it. The band though, she did recognise. They played in the city, both in bars and clubs as well as in the Bourke Street Mall, and the singer was becoming especially popular these days. Though that had more to do with some media that had cropped up about something to do with her past. Cass appreciated the music though, and bopped her head a little to it as she walked alongside Alex.

"Every second, hm? What else are we going to talk about if you're complimenting me all the time?" The redhead laughed softly,  but then rolled her eyes at her husband's own brushing off her compliment, "I don't know, it seemed to have happened fairly overnight. I'm starting to get worried for when you get your full strength up." She smirked slightly at Alex, a single brow raising as a small mischievous glimmer shone in her green gaze. Though she was only part joking. She was acutely aware of the young man's development since his acceptance, and it was remarkable if nothing else. Almost like he'd never been ill in his life. "Psh, like you'd ever give such a grand title to anyone but me," She nudged him lightly with her hip, before then leaning up to press a kiss to his cheek.

"I'm pretty sure I'll be the one paying soon," An easy chuckle fell from her lips as Cass shook her head a little, but she led the way to the dancefloor easily, peering back over her shoulder at him with a small teasing smirk, until they were close enough to the music that she was content. She then stopped and turned toward him, lifting her hands to wrap over his shoulders and the back of his neck as she pressed in close and began to sway to the rhythm of the music, "We'll have to try and contain ourselves, I guess. Wouldn't want to be told to keep a foot between us." She laughed and then offered a small wink, "You've got no idea how happy I am that you're still here, you know."

". . .I was supposed to be making it family friendly?" His own smirk formed as a mirrored response, not that he wanted to give people a show. Though he found he'd been less shy about showing her any form of affection under the gaze of most people unless they fit a certain list that -shouldn't- be even thinking about it let alone seeing it. He'd been passively listening to the music, taking in more of it than he thought would have been with that kind of approach. The resonation of music, especially played by those gifted with some form of magic felt much different now. It hadn't been just the sense of vibration in the air but something more strung along, bits of magical will that hadn't taken their own form. 

"I didn't think I needed to talk about anything more than the toping of, 'Cassandra'. But, hey, if you want to derail me from that I won't fight you on it." Alexander snickered lightly. Then a soft playful scoff exhausted from him. "I don't think you have to worry about that for a short while. But I think under fifty percent for the most part should still give a bit of a fun!" He knew his full strength couldn't truly be there as long as he was still 'broken', the excruciating stitching's helped that issue so maintaining it all longer was a massive difference, one noticeable enough that he could feel it. "But, you know, I hear there is some massive endurance at full glass. You might not get any rest for -days-. If I'm being nice." A teasing gaze with his usual suggestive brow wriggling took place. A chuckled eased out once more and his smile brightened after the well placed kiss. "Only if you keep complaining about all the titles. I can't go wasting such golden developments you know!

Alex smiled brightly and his eyes narrowed. "You say that with such enthusiasm and excitement though, it makes me wonder!" The distance between them and the stage started to shrink until it seemed that Cassandra had settled on an area that had been comfortable enough. His arms wrapped around her waist as he held her closely against himself and their bodies had begun to move to the tune of the rhythm of the current song that had been within the bands set. "I don't think a foot would help there. . . I would still be touching by the tip." He bit his lower lip in a seductive manner as the none to innocent words fell from his lips. One would perhaps be surprised that the woman in his arms had been his first and only intimate partner. "Still here? What? In Tallygarunga or, you know, not kicking the dirt trail? Or both?"