School Status:
Ending Term 4

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC
Sign in to follow this  
Lorelei Valentin-Blair

Invite Torture Devices (18th Dec)

Sturt ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Family Busybody★ LilyCat
15* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

The teenager couldn't possibly convey how relieved she was that she and her twin had only been thrown into school so close to the end of the year. It meant that they generally just received some assessments to decide whether they were intelligent and mature enough to be moved on to Sixth Year and then just had to attend a few end of year time-wasting classes. Something that she could handle, even if she was a little shy of the other students in said classes. The school end of year ball was in a couple of days though, and she wasn't certain how she felt about going to that. At least she knew some of the people who would be there, so maybe she could just stick with them?

But now, it was the end of school, and like any other teenager Lorelei was given the freedom to ignore the last few days that were pretty much days of doing little to nothing anyway and do mostly what she felt like to bide away her time. This week, she was out at Narrie, where much of her extended family lived. But as most of them had a few things they needed to do with Christmas around the corner, and she just wanted to have a little time to herself, she'd decided to go for a walk.

Thus she found herself wandering around Murrigal, until she found a tree that looked like a nice place to sit in, with strong looking branches up high. She'd climbed it easily enough, despite her wondering whether she still had enough power to be able to teleport up there, and made herself comfortable on a branch, resting her back against the tree trunk for a moment... until she felt an annoyance in the bra clasps that stuck into her spine.

Who invented these things? The girl was still quite confused as to why her mother insisted that she wear one, and it had taken a lot of practise to even be able to put one on without taking ten minutes just to find the clasps behind her back. They were tight, uncomfortable, and very restrictive. And she still didn't know what good they actually provided. However, her mother had told her they were important, especially when she was going out and was going to be running around or even just hanging out with other people. Why?

After some more wriggling and trying to get comfortable though, Lorelei had enough. She pulled her arms into her t-shirt and then twisted and stretched as she freed herself of the torture device with a sigh. She pushed her arms back through her sleeves, one hand holding the stupid white implement of her discomfort and she frowned at it, before then tossing it away.

With a relaxed breath, the teen then finally relaxed back against the tree trunk high up on her cozy branch, without having to worry about a bra digging into her back, without even a thought to the possibility of the offending garment landing on a poor passerby or something.

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year Guest
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

Murrigal had been a good place for Travis to get away from people, especially when he'd only a few days to go before the unfortunate pain would set in for the month. It'd been sometime away still and he'd still been more than fit enough to do a bit of exploring even with the started paleness of his skin. It'd been an area that had a host of various things, from odd looking twists of plants and unique animals that would be hard to notice anywhere else. Every so often he'd whip out his sketchbook and start to design the starting steps of the different creatures, they were harder to try and capture than the flowers due to the constant movement and the need to visualize the way they'd looked and been shaped. 

After a few minutes of actually getting an idea of the few bushland inhabitants on paper he'd fold up the pad and slip it into his pack. He could always finish up the rest of the smaller details later, just writing it and remembering the peculiar smell of those creatures would help to gain a much brighter picture in his mind. That had at least been a very unique aftereffect towards his affliction, senses were always so hyper and sensitive that it could cause his mind to replicate the time and moment - the specific memory. It also did have its drawbacks since the smell of metals and steel often reminded him of the containment center. 

A hand absentmindedly rose up and rubbed at the side of his left arm where one of the self-inflicted scars had been located, hidden under the presence of his long-sleeved shirt. Even in presence of the heat he had chosen the most annoying option for clothing and purely for the sake of his own self preservation. As he mused whether or not he could risk wearing something less covering in the summer time. . . The most unexpected situation occurred, a white bra fell from the sky and smacked first against his hair and hung over his face as he slid to a nearly stumbling halt. "What the. . .?!

Why did no one toss their bra's elsewhere?! Was someone having sex on one of the many branches through the area and forgot their orb holders? He sighed gently and pinched at the straps and held it up and give it an appraisal. An eyebrow raised up in curiosity, he'd been in encounters enough that he could get an indication of the shape and size from the impressions alone without reading the tag. "Huh. . . They're a pretty size too. . . That must have been one lucky guy or gal then." He shook his head and then suddenly had been put off by the smell that shifted into his nostrils. The scent of the Bra's owner had still been around, really close at that. 

His hand covered over his head as he made a ducking glance upwards, he didn't want some guys drawers to drop from the branches or worse. . . Some kind of fluid that he hadn't been fond of! Only to find that there had been a single girl sitting up in the trees. Eyes followed from her towards the bra and then back upwards again. From a glance she'd been pretty attractive, the bane of his existence it seemed these days. "Uh, Heya there? Is this bit yours?" Maybe she didn't know she'd tossed it so low away from her? He started to climb along the tree and it'd been completely effortless, the edges of his sharp nails dug into the bark as if he'd done the activity for a living. 

Travis swung his legs over one of the branches and held the bra towards her. "The wire kind, pretty annoying. I know most people prefer sports bras but those are the ones that don't know the trick to really make the ever so fashionable bra work with them well." He'd a few idea but that had been primarily on a hunch he'd had for a lady friend at one point in his short intimate life. 

The girl had been humming very softly to herself, her eyes closed and one leg dangling from the branch, swinging to and fro, and feeling much more relaxed for having escaped the horrible device that felt too restrictive for her to ever believe that they could be important in any way. She hadn't heard the original exclamation, however when someone called up to her, she opened her eyes and blinked a couple of times, before leaning over slightly to peer down at the man. He was holding up the offensive item and asking if it belonged to her, and her nose crinkled a little. It appeared she hadn't escaped it after all.

Watching him climb the tree was interesting though, and her gaze narrowed as she tried to reach out with what little of the magic she had. At the least, she was able to tell that he was not a typical mortal, whether human or wizard. Which meant that he was probably a member of the magical community. She tried to figure out if she could place him among the students at Tally that she  might have seen in the couple of weeks she'd been there before school ended for the year.

"I was attempting to escape the discomfort," The teen responded quietly, before her hand reached out tentatively in order to accept it back, before simply sitting it on her lap. She certainly wasn't going to put it back on, and hoped that he didn't expect that she was going to. She was far too comfortably in her spot now, and knew that it was going to bug her if she had to twist and turn in order to get it back on, and then have to follow up by trying to adjust herself so that her boobs were sitting in it properly and not in some awkward way. Boobs were definitely annoying.

"I am not familiar with the sports bra. I am still getting used to wearing this kind, which is supposed to be comfortable, but I come to see is a big lie. It is apparently important for wearing, though I am not seeing the importance or it, especially when compared to such discomfort," Lorelei's nose crinkled a little once again as she rolled her shoulders around, enjoying the freedom for the moment. She imagined she would have to put the silly thing back on at some point.

"I am much preferring none. Much more simple, less restriction and annoyance," The young woman nodded matter-of-factly, but then huffed, "But Mamiere insists." She released a long sigh that was part raspberry as she rested her head back against the tree trunk again, "Thank you." She supposed she should remember her manners at least, even if she wasn't happy to see the garment again.

He wasn't sure what hear deal had been with what seemed to be the arch-rival of her body but the look that had rested on her face gave him a bit of an idea of her view of the contraption. The usual expression he imagined that many women held across the broad regardless of age. While making his ascent his body had moved through the foliage with ease that hung on the edge of the tree, shifting his weight along the branches to avoid them snapping or taking too much of it in the same manner. The closer the days drew towards the full moon, the more his bestial traits kicked it into gear - simply preparing his body for the massive change that would occur. 

Once he sat next to her a soft sigh exhausted from him as if it'd been hard work just to make it to that particular height. She didn't seem to smell off, no lingering presence of blood within the air around her. Oddly enough it'd been a much sweeter scent that lingered on the air around the young girl. As far him noticing her, he couldn't say if she'd been familiar one way or another. Not one to forget the face of someone on the end of the fairer sex so easily. 

A light snicker expelled from him. "I've heard of the legendary discomfort that comes with the almighty bra. Not that I would really have the reasons to try that kind of thing out." Not being in a position where he had breasts that needed to be lifted up, the actual annoyance had been lost on him. Aside from the occasional complaints he'd hear from the few people he had encountered. "Don't worry, I won't try to convince you put on such an evil creation. Sounds like you've had enough of it being a pest anyways." Of course, he'd been reminded of one of the many reasons why it'd been good to wear one for a young girl. With heightened perceptions it was quite hard to ignore the shape and formation that had taken under shirt. 

Travis shook his head lightly trying to avoid the chance that his eyes would lower and stare. "Getting used to it?" Was she a kind of late bloomer? It wasn't inconceivable which would explain a few things. "I don't know if I'd ever use 'comfortable' to actually describe a bra from what I've heard. But it's pretty good health wise. Easy on the back if the ladies are a bit too big on the chest, that and it helps to prolong the time it takes before the muscles in that area start to get weaker." He didn't think he needed to explain the process of eventual gravity and strain on the body that could cause the ever burdensome sagging. "Sports bra may feel a bit more comfortable, barely, but maybe less uh. . . Wire pokage.

"Mam. .. Air?" Was that the someone's name? The way it sounded on his tongue felt like he'd been trying to tie up a cherry stem in the process. "You don't need to thank me. It did kind of just slap me in the face on its graceful fall. But if you prefer to be free from it a bit, I don't mind. It's a safe zone with me, secret safe." The index finger and thumb met together and slid along his lips, imitating the function of a zipper. His eyes caught the odd design of hers. 

'Heterochromia? That's pretty rare. . .' He remembered a documentary that had been seen one time that spoke on the different variations of the eye, the uniqueness of each one that had been different from the average. "Your eyes are different. . . That's pretty cool. I don't think I've ever met anyone with a kind of heterochromia. They're an awesome combination too, noticeable in a good way."

"Why did you make it sound like the climb was difficult for you, when it was not?" The teenager queried as she tucked the offending bra into the pocket of the short denim shorts she wore, watching the boy curiously. She could see easily that he was fine, and he hadn't had a single misstep in his ascension. Hadn't even needed to look around to make sure he used the right branches, just seemed to know. She found herself studying him, taking notice of those things that didn't seem quite ordinary when compared to the usual wizard or human. Though, when the conversation of the torture device returned, she huffed a small sigh and shrugged, "There are many strange things that people do for odd reasons. It is yet another, I suppose." She appreciated that he didn't expect her to put it back on though, that was a kindness in itself.

"I have never required one before" Another small shrug, "It is one of many things I am still becoming accustomed to. Pubescent bodies are rather a pain. Is it as bad for boys?" Lei tilted her head as she looked at the young man again. He seemed to have basically gone through all the puberty that he would, considering the facial hair and the way he carried himself. He was confident, more so than a lot of teenage boys she had seen around. The offered information on why bras were important though, was offered a raise brow as she considered it. Oh right, that was something that happened to mortal women, wasn't it. "I see... well, as those are not things I need concern myself with, then I should not require such devices," A light wave of her hand before another small shrug, "Perhaps I shall look into this... sports bra. Or maybe shall simply decide to not comply with whatever conformity requires such a silly contraption. One should be content in themselves as they are." Really... all this concern for a bit less perkiness?

"Mamiere... mine mother," Lorelei explained, remembering for a moment that few people would know who she was referring to. She did feel a little guilty for him having been hit in the face and offered a small apologetic pout, "I am much sorry. I did not think for anyone being around here." The promise that she could just be herself though, free from the terrible bra and all, around him and that he wouldn't tell, earned a small smile and chuckle. A very soft melodic sound, almost shy in nature, as though it was a rare thing to happen. Lorelei's hand then lifted to her face a little as he mentioned her eyes. She had received some looks regarding them since her return. Those who had known her before were wary. And those who didn't, usually just stared a little.

"You think they are cool?" The girl asked quietly, a small smile touching her lips again. She knew the words 'cool' and 'awesome' were definitely compliments, and at least his assumption of what it was meant she didn't have to explain anything - like how one of them changed. It was also the first time that anyone had actually called anything about her 'cool', which lifted her spirits a little. "Thank you. It is... something that I did inherit." That wasn't a lie, at least. She offered another small smile to him, and then realised that she didn't even know his name and blinked, "Oh... I did not give introduction. I am Lorelei. I will be going to school nearby in the coming year. What is your name?"

An expression of 'I was caught' formed on his face as he stared at Lorelei. What was she, a detective or something? He'd have to becareful around her with how inquisitive she seemed to be. Thinking on it, he'd never encountered a person that questioned the physical feats he'd managed to pull off and had bene glad for it. Except in these circumstances where he didn't have a quick word on hand to offer up as a sleight of hands. "Er. . .  It kind of felt like a bit of effort? I mean, It isn't like I intended to climb up the tree and all." She had him pegged regardless, it hadn't truly winded him and made his way through the branches with the precision of a hunter preparing to stalk a prey. Maybe certain habits he couldn't break so easily or simply needed to be more mindful of how they were displayed even further. 

It was as he'd expected, she'd only recently developed. Only made sense that she wouldn't be used to wearing such a device. "Hehe, everyone has to develop eventually. Well, in some way or another." He gently shrugged. "For boys? Hrm. . . Kind of. I mean, we get hit with this sudden heavy odor and need to cover it up with chemical products. That's always fun." Honestly, if he didn't wear certain light scented ones it'd bother the crap out of him. It didn't impede too much but it did have the chance to offer up the journey of a headache. "Then there's our voice suddenly dropping into this deep tone." As he spoke the intentional deepening of the vocals followed suit as if he needed to prove a point in a comedic manner. "But the real issue? Is that we start noticing the type of people we're attracted to. Makes the head all crazy." He had hit puberty earlier than expected and that he tossed up to his wolfwry. 

"No concern for them. . .? I mean, if that's the kind of boat you want to float? Then go for it, don't let anyone else paddle it." If she'd been part of the 'Free the Tata's' movement then all the power to her, he figured. He chuckled lightly as he gave a playful glance towards her direction. "Oh, you haven't hit that particular stage yet, have you?" He left that particular bit vague purposefully before moving on. "It's mostly because many want to take care of themselves. The first thing other will see about you is always your physical features, they can't really know your personality or who you are as a person from a glance, right? So, usually, the first flicker is personal presentation. For the ladies it's usually being aestheically appealing and smelling of something that is catchable. Scented lotions or perfumes that smell of wildflowers, for example." For males it tended to be the shape of their physique, the presentation of their hair and facial hair. "Not everyone is like that but there are a majority that are.

Travis nodded easily. "But at the end of it all, you have to do what's comfortable for yourself. While making sure to cover up the other protections a bra can offer." Such as not showing too much of the goodies through the fabric of the clothing. As she clarified that it had been intended as a meaning of 'Mother' an vocalless 'Aaah' formed in understanding. "Woah, I wasn't looking for an apology. I didn't hurt myself and I'm glad that it wasn't what I thought it had been." Thank Merlin it -wasn't- that. 

He found the shy resounding laughter to be cute, it fit her youthful appearance. The kind of expression and image you'd see on a flower girl or someone whom had still been so innocent in the world. Inspiration had hit and he hung the straps of his back on the edge of an extended branch and began to remove a sketch book and pencil, flipping it to a blank page while he started to gingerly sketch the image of Lorelei that he held pictured in his mindseye. Even while doing this kind of activity his awareness and response hadn't been anyless, the attention he'd given to her refused to dull. 

"Cool? They're pretty and awesome." It'd been spoken in a geniune admiration, he hadn't been trying to slip some form of line. A smile drew on his face while his halted from the gentle strokes that slid from the pencil and his eyes settled on her uninterrupted. "Sounds like you have some good and strong genes in you. That's kind of thing to be pretty proud of, honestly." Peers could be cruel, they reflected the view and effects of the world. Not just around themselves but the wizarding world as an entity, the beliefs that tended to be carried from person to person, neighbor to neighbor. "Yeowch, that was my fault too. Lorelei? That's an exotic name, nice. As for me, Travis. I attend a school nearby myself. And boy. . . Am I glad that testing time is over."

"You did not have a single problem with it, not even shortness of breath," Lorelei pointed out easily and rather bluntly, though not in an argumentative fashion. More, there was simply that wide-eyed curiosity over the boy as she puzzled over what blood ran through his veins. He was not like her, that was obvious. Nor did he have the 'shine' of Faerie. And he was out in the daylight without any trouble from the sunlight, and did not carry that unique draw of the Veela. She leaned a little closer while her mind narrowed down the possibilities, and she considered his almost predatory movements, before closing her eyes a moment in thought. Opening them again, she offered a small smile and a decisive nod, "I see. It is alright, you are safe with me, I have secrets about myself as well." She murmured quietly, almost conspiratorily, before then considering his comments on development.

"I am unsure if any develop as quickly as I have," A small shy and slightly secretive smile, before she tilted her head as he mentioned body odours, leaning close again to sniff the air around him. He smelled like bushlands, dirt, grass and eucalyptus. It was a nice scent. The lowering of his voice caused her lips to twitch into another small smile as she chuckled, before then considering the rest of his words. The kidns of people one was attracted to? Was that something to consider for herself as well? At least she knew she did not smell unpleasant. What even was sweat, unless she was over-exerting herself magic-wise. "I... do not believe I am 'floating boats'... I simply do not have to be concerned by the issue of failing muscles. A family trait," Lorelei shrugged. It was just one of those things she was blessed with.

"So physical appeal is more important than the wish to learn about a person's true heart?" Lorelei couldn't help but give a small concerned frown at this concept. Physical appearance had always been something that she could use to gauge a person's health and their wellbeing. She couldn't see why it mattered what someone wore if they were a good person beneath it. She did study the boy for a moment though, her gaze sweeping over him lightly, "You are handsome, but that would not dictate whether I wished to learn more about you or not. Is that a wrong way to think? Do I require any changing or my appearance or scent in order to be able to make more friends?" It was a serious question, though she knew she was not terrible looking, her hair naturally falling in silken waves, the facial structure of the women in her family, graceful, kind eyes, and a natural gentle scent that was almost a mixture of roses and sea spray. It was still a curiosity now, to know whether she was appealing.

What the girl didn't expect was for him to begin drawing something. She lifted her head a little, as though to attempt to peek, but did not want to risk either losing their balance, or disrupting whatever he was doing. So, she instead continued the conversation while he sketched.

"Thank you for saying so," A small but genuine smile in response to the description of 'pretty' that he'd given her eyes. It was a nice feeling, and though others had called her such, it was literally only her family. Having someone she only just met say it seemed to make the words feel more complimentary and genuine. "There is much strength in my family," She agreed with a nod, and her smile warmed even more with the offering of his own name, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Travis. Even if it is because I did drop my bra on your head accidentally." Another small shy chuckle escaped, before she then bit her lip a moment, considering her next question carefully, before just deciding to ask anyway.

"Is it Tallygarunga that you attend?"

Travis eyes narrowed a gaze towards her and the further that her words seemed to peg closer towards his unique situation the more defensive he found himself to be deeper on the inside. Who was this girl? The level of logical leaps had been unexpected even more so considering that she'd been fretting over the necessity of the bra and it's ever annoying presence. His breathing started to slow  as he steadied her more intently in case he needed to protect himself by means of trying escape from such proximity. It had never been an easy situation for a person to admit that they held something within them that could be considered non-human, even more so in the Wizarding world with the typical response towards lycanthropy. "Safe is often the matter of perspective." He wasn't sure what to make of Lorelei, what she had been and even more so if it be considered 'Safe'. Yet, there seemed to be the harmless trait of innocence that had wrapped around the young girl. The most he could do is keep his wits about him and search for any signs that it could go wrong now that such knowledge had been cracked open. "But I'll have to trust your word for it.

His eyebrow raised unsure of how to take that statement. What she considered 'quickly' had been what most deemed as a late-bloomer, wasn't it? Then his eyelids started to flutter rapidly as she leaned inwards to take in his scent, that was a new experience and had been enough to push some of the more animalistic urges that he had easily been able to contain to the surface. The smile that graced her lips had been of a sweet an innocence that it had reminded him the dangers of such of an urge and so he bottled it back into its prison. "Ahahaha, no no. . ." He couldn't help but find her dissection of what he'd said funny, though not in a mocking way. "It's just a way to say 'If that's what you want to do.' But that's. . . A pretty good trait to have?" Was she some kind of unique breed of Dhampir or something? By the way her eyes had been designed he surmised she could also be of the Fae people, they probably didn't have to worry about that kind of thing. 

Her following inquiry drew a short surprise inside of him, that wasn't an anticipated response by any means. "I wouldn't say it's 'more important'." It was going to be a very difficult concept to try and explain rather than simply understanding through the various interactions with people. Had she been primarily home schooled or was she struggling with something else entirely that made it difficult to develop that kind of intuition? An actual bashful laugh escaped from him and he rubbed the palm of his hand against the base of his neck. "You're quite beautiful yourself." It had been slipped in with ease. "It's not wrong, hrm. . . How to paint this image better. . ." This must have been the way that Parents or Teacher's felt when trying to break up difficult to weave concepts. "Okay, being interested in knowing a person for their looks isn't bad. Not if you also are looking to learn about who they are too. It's definitely the vain approach but it's equally as much of a compliment as wanting to know someone for who they are." A confident smile stretched across his lips. "Likewise, wanting to understand a person deeper than the features is a pretty good way to start too. Neither are entirely wrong, just different perspectives. And honestly? Nothing lasts with just seeking out a person for their image because eventually you're going to need to understand them anyways."

A shrug followed soon after the sketchpad being settled on one leg as he lifted it up and balanced it the center of his heel against the bulky branch for a makeshift desk. "At the end of the day, looking for a persons physical attraction is the long route of sorts. You'll find it's the physical properties that matter a lot to people until they get to know a person." Every so often his attention would shift from the paper towards Lorelei, at least up until the point that he'd been staring at her more intently to gift her that tuned attention. He had no qualms admitting the truth of his personal opinion, often finding that it was a good thing to offer genuine compliments. "I can tell, there's that air of strength about you." Maybe it held a mixture of superiority as well? He wasn't sure which had radiated but it'd been enough to peak the instincts. "Hehe, it's definitely one of the more unique ways to meet a nice person. Though it does make me more aware of your size, but I guess that's kind of the risks in that situation.

Pausing for a moment, he'd expected she had been something else but hadn't expected that she'd also be attending Tallygarunga. Then nodded smoothly to confirm the question. "Tallygarunga, Bourke House. Have been there since First Year, man, can't believe it's been that long." Thinking on it all made it seem just a bit longer than he'd expected. This is when his attention had been brought back to the Sketchbook and an expression of disappointed surprise in himself. "Oh, sorry! I didn't realize that pulling this out could be considered rude. I tend to sketch and draw when the moments hit, I probably should ask anyways. Since I had been drawing you, the way you laughed and smiled a few seconds ago inspired a thought in my head.

"I am sorry..." Lorelei's voice spoke softly as she picked up a bit on his defensiveness, her gaze apologetic, "I am too inquisitive sometimes, I am told." She hadn't meant to pick on a sore spot, it was more that she was just fascinated by anything that was different to the usual. She gave him an earnest look though, "But, you really can trust me. I would not wish to place you in harm. I know how humans can be." She nodded emphatically, and then bit her lip a little in thought, before nodding again, "I look out for you." Yes, she could do that and it wouldn't be too dangerous, right? She knew some non-humans were treated worse than others, it seemed only fair to help another. When he laughed over her interpretation of the phrase he'd used though, she ducked her head a little, rubbing at her cheek. Lorelei made a mental note to remember that one while she nodded to his explanation of it.

"Thank you!" A bright smile accompanied the words of appreciation as he complimented her in return, not that she had been looking for one. She'd only been pointing out what she figured would be obvious. Still, it was a very nice compliment, even if she knew that she couldn't possibly be as beautiful as her mother. His very long - and somewhat confusing - explanation however, left a little to be desired as Lorelei tried to dissect it, along with the practicality of such ways of thinking. She finally simply gave a small shrug as she scratched her cheek with her forefinger a little, "It all sounds overly complex to me. In either case, a person is found desirable by their merits, but one's physical appearance does not always mirror their inner beauty. So, it seems rather silly to react toward an illusion." Maybe it was just her?

"In any case, I do hope that people will like me for myself... that has been a challenge in the past," Lorelei's lips formed a small pout as she recalled the junior school. She was different, she knew that. She had never fit in with those who were supposed to be her peers and she knew it. Would she fit in at the senior one? She still held that small concern that she would be unable to really connect with many people her own 'age'. She wasn't certain whether to believe that she had a great deal of strength, but the compliment allowed another almost shy smile to tug at her lips again, "I do try. But all have their faults and weaknesses, I could be stronger." Lately, she felt weak, but that was the mixture of trying to adjust to the way she was now, as well as having much of her magic blocked off from her. And perhaps the fact that she still managed to upset people even when trying to do the right thing. She did blink about his following comment about her bra though, head tilting, "Is size an important physical factor as well? Mine are adequate?" She queried, glancing down at her chest. They seemed normal, she figured.

"I have been sorted into Sturt, though I am not certain if it is correct House for me," Lei's head tilted as she pursed her lips in thought once again, "But then, I did hope that I would be in Spencer like my mother and grandfather were. But it is no matter, I am where I am," A gentle shrug followed, accepting her fate as a Sturt student. Perhaps it was so that she would be close to her twin. His sudden apology caused her to blink though, before she smiled and shook her head, "It is alright. Many of my family are artistic. More so in a musical fashion. But they will play when inspired as well." Lorelei nodded lightly, but then bit her lip as curiosity struck again, "You are drawing me, though? I do not believe I have been one's inspiration before."

Travis gently raised a hand up, head shaking lightly along with it. "You don't need to apologize. It seems I have that kind of luck. You know, meeting the inquisitive people that are curious." Maybe more curious than they should be in his opinion. He couldn't blame them for wanting to understand especially for a person who tended to try to avoid the obvious gazes that stared with bright eyes. Then he weakly chuckled as a somewhat sad smile perched on his lips. "Don't know what you are, but it will always be different for me." Maybe one day they'd be able to accept beings such as Fae, Veela, those that would never be questioned as a true danger as a whole. But like the living dead and their progeny, he had been in that category that no one would could take the risk of 'accepting'. His eyes fell on her in the most quizzical look he could offer up to her. "Look out for me? You have no idea what you're really saying when you're making that kind of promise, do you?" A kind smile shaped on his face, he'd been touched that she would say such a thing. But had to wonder if she understood the true scope of it, for all of what it meant for someone such as himself. "Not the kind of thing I could ask anyone to do.

Stunned, of all the ways he'd have expected her to respond to the compliment he didn't expect that it'd be taken as it had been intended. She truly had been much more different than other girls of her age and close to his own. Most would have assumed he was simply hitting on them, not stating an opinion of what he saw. That left him dumbfounded for a few seconds before his mind had been allowed to move on. "Aha... You've got me there on that one. I'm not sure how to make it -less- complex. Think it's bad to hear? You should try to explain it!" He added a slight jest-filled inflection. "I guess the easiest way to think about it? There are some aspects in the world that please the eye, others that please the mind. Somewhere in the middle emotions and such get a bit haywire." And boy, did he know about emotions going nutty in a manner of ways and encounters. 

He took a deep breath inwards, that was a much more touchy subject than even be ousted as a Werewolf. That had been the eternal battle as not only a Teenager in school but as being something else entirely, if you didn't fit into certain 'views' or 'ideas' you were going to take some form of heat. It was nice to think that Tallygarunga had been safe from it but the truth had been that one couldn't control Students and what they've learned from other environments. "I hate to be a reaper of bad news but. . . That won't be the case for everyone. You'll probably find that's much more. . . Difficult in the larger scheme of things." His shoulder gently bumped into hers, a softened look to his eyes. "But I think you're pretty cool. Sometimes it just has to start with one person and then things just flow like water. But you never really know until you start meeting people." Of course, who was he to really say that? No one truly 'knew him', not even the person he claimed as a Best Friend. At times he wondered if he even truly had an adequate perception of himself. 

A soft snicker escaped from him. "Well, yea, everyone has a weakness here and there. But that's why it's pretty important to either build them up, cover them up, or have those that help out in those areas." The last being more difficult if a person didn't have a strong circle. But something told him she'd been well established, much more than most people would have that he'd encountered personally. "Ironically, the strongest thing a person could do is trust in someone that they could handle something. That's probably the hardest lesson and the most hurtful because, I mean, everyone wants to help, right? Almost everyone, anyways." Then she hit him with the combo of asking if 'size were important', if he were talking to any normal girl? The answer would always be 'No, of course not!' but as he kept being kicked off guard with how Lorelei had been, he opted for a more honest one rather than a party line for spared feelings. "They are to some. It goes back to that whole complex 'Pleasant to see' bit. It's a preference from person to person, some like them large, others prefer more modesty." He had no preference on the matter, he didn't really judge on those assets and they needed to be praised regardless of what cup they were labeled as. "I find them pretty nice. Though. . . Without the bra I do see a lot more than you might be intending." Since he had been honest with her so far in this area he found no reason to stop it. 

"Sturt?! You?!" That couldn't be probable, Sturt's were utter assholes. But, here she was, not taking up that very label that he'd grown to be aware of. This created quite the mental conundrum as he crossed his arms. "Aha, you come from a long line of Spencer's, eh? Sometimes the hiccup happens. Maybe it's because there's a lot of stuff you struggle with internally?" He didn't think that could be the reason that the Stump had chosen it, but he also hadn't been very familiar with how the process of the magics selection occurred. "Yeap, inspiration! I find people, regardless of their heritages, interesting. There's always something to learn about them but sometimes words and actions don't tell the whole story. Sometimes, it's the picture that comes along with it that they didn't think could exist.

The thought process of his mind started to wander for a moment as he began to explain the process of his 'sight'. "A Portrait, a closer look at the inner persons demeanor. Smart and sweet, bright eyed and yet confused. But the most highlighted is the generosity, almost as if butterflies would be drawn to the sweet giggle and sunny yet shy smile that makes her lips. Whether wrong or if it's manufactured I don't know but I often hope my portraits are telling a true imagery of the person that strikes that kind of inspiration."

"Mmm... I am not to be telling. But maybe if we become very good friends, then you may learn," Lorelei knew the rules, no telling people what they were - as though anyone would really believe that there was yet another species that most of the magical world were rather unaware of as a whole. There was always the fear that people had for something that they thought could threaten them. "Everyone is different. What is important is finding those who accept you as you are," The teen nodded lightly. So long as he had even a couple of people who he could share his trouble with, then it could ease even the loneliest livelihood. "I know what I say and promise," A small stern expression came across her features at the insinuation that she wasn't aware, "I will look out for you and keep you safe." Another sure nod, it appeared that she had made up her mind and there was no talking her out of it. She didn't immediately understand why he had become silent for a moment, staring at her as though she'd done something strange when she thanked him for the compliment, but a simple shrug was offered at the whole strange explanation between physical beauty versus what the mind learns, and how confusing it was to emotions. She supposed she could understand... maybe? Though that quickly fell away as she looked a little crestfallen with the news that her hope to be liked for herself could be unlikely.

"Oh..." Was there something the matter with her then? Is that what he meant? Or did it simply go back to the oddity that was people liking appearances? Or perhaps he was talking about the ever toxic situations where a person only pretended to like another because they sought something from them? That was something that Lorelei knew about, having witnessed enough of it for herself. "Hm, I think I have three then so far... but one is my auntie who is also our age, and the other is a family friend who I did help last summer and autumn. But I am happy to know that you think I am cool!" A bright smile was offered to Travis as she clasped her hands in her lap, "I think you are very kind and considerate. And also cool." Lorelei nodded lightly. Though it was only really a judgement from their meeting, she had a feeling that he was not pretending with her, which made her feel good. She nodded as he spoke of having support, people to back her up, and offered a small smile.

"Mine family are a great support. It is not quite the same as having friends, or peers, I do not think, but it is a support still. I am very grateful for them, and..." The girl trailed off a little, a troubled expression on her face for a brief moment, before she wrinkled her nose and then offered another small smile again, "I have caused worry for them over the past year, so am trying not to wrestle with feeling like a burden. I did just wish to only ever help. Now, I know I must learn to rely on others some... it is a new thing for me. And frightening." Even the topic itself made her feel nervous, as though she should be keeping a better eye out for something that could happen, but that was why she was spending time out in Narrie, wasn't it? To try and relax while still being near enough to Adele that she could feel a little better. She didn't like that Thomas was still a threat, but sure it would be over soon. A haunted look entered her gaze as she looked away for a brief moment... before her eyes then fell to her chest. At least they were apparently nice? But see a lot? Was there more to see even though they were still covered? "Is that a not good thing?" She queried, still studying them a moment before shrugging again, and then nodding at the revelation of her House sorting.

"Yes, Sturt. I am unsure why I was placed there... perhaps so that I would be close to Lauren?" Lorelei glanced off thoughtfully for a moment, lips pursed as she considered the notion, but then shook her head a little, "Regardless, it is where I was placed. At least I do like the colour blue." At least there was that positive point? She found herself interested in what Travis had to say about his art though. While she hadn't really explored the arts so much, aside from learning a couple of instruments, like most others in her family, she often wondered how it was that people discovered what creative activity was for them. Occasionally, she wondered if she lacked creativity, but was always told that wasn't true, considering how quickly she could form solutions regularly. Perhaps she hadn't found her niche. A smile tugged at her lips as he described a girl though, warm and bright while she looked off a little, trying to place a face to such a description... and then remembered that he'd mentioned she had inspired him, only moments earlier, causing her to blink, "I did make you think of such an image?" She asked, a little shyly, though even more interested in the image that he was drawing, "How?"

That was a situation he understood, things that couldn't or shouldn't be told for the protection of the self and those that had been associated to them. "And you'll never need to tell me. Even if we do become good friends. Somethings are important to keep secret for others to be safe." It's why he went to such lengths to avoid going into sports, avoid getting involved in any physical pursuits of competition. It had less to do with it seeming fair and more to do with the fact enough common sense and elimination of factors could deduce what he was. "Hahaha, well, when you manage to meet someone that can do that I sure would like to meet them." A light jest, he was far too cynical in the regards of his own situation to think there could ever be true 'acceptance' of the kind of beast that laid within. Being by day and considered beast by night, it was a kind of life he'd never wish on a person. He wasn't sure how to view the promise made but had known it held the genuine nature behind it, questioning it would have been an insult to the generosity of the meaning she offered. "Keep me safe? You know. . . Anytime someone says that to me, sounds really weird." The main reason being it should feel the other way around, that others should be protected from him. The Ministry didn't lock up those trying to end him, they locked up him from trying to end others. At least that was how he had chosen to perceive the less than immaculate settings they placed him inside. 

Her look drew a soften gaze from him as he continued to elaborate after her soft spoken word. "Some people seem to click together, others don't. Usually good not to worry about it and just feel your way through the situation. You'll most likely know if it's a good thing or a bad thing after a few minutes." Or maybe she wouldn't, he found that those that stayed long enough to speak with him and hadn't bolted may not know what had been entirely in their best interest. Her following words that included a critique of him only made it seem more apparent, at least seemingly. Was he really considerate and kind? The kind of things he hadn't considered. "Thank you. . . I really wouldn't consider myself kind or considerate but I definitely will take cool for five-hundred." The edge of his nails scratched at his neck. "I guess how we view ourselves can often be much harsher than the truth too." Fear that had been rooted in avoiding the harm of others, it could have truly stemmed from some sense of consideration towards another. 

"I'm glad to see you do have that support then. You'll find that is actually a very rare thing to have among people. Even those that look as if they're surrounded people need the most support possible." He knew he sort his own support in a somewhat destructive manner and yet it felt as if he'd been driven to need the social activity of flirting and growing closer. A soft chuckle issued and his smile grew. "Nothing wrong with relying on others. Even more so if we're in a situation where we're certain we know the answer but miss all the important pieces of it." He nodded, understanding that something so new could be a frightening space to be in. "But it sounds like your family wants you to stay in the place you should be, not worrying about the big things but just experiencing and learning about what you'll already have your hands full with now. There will be time, later, where the big things will be slapped on your plate but it's rarely ever while we're in school." Unless the luck of Fate had been turned against a person. Such as. . . Being bitten by a renegade Werewolf. His hand slid along his forearm absent mindedly, the first of many scars that had been covered by the long-sleeved shirt. 

Travis coughed as he tried to find the words in his mind. "Well, while they're an enjoyable sight. Ah, some people have very sharp senses especially visual ones and what most people think is hard to see. .. Isn't." He could make out the entire shape being this close, the initial curve of her breast and even to the small bump that the tip of it formed against the fabric. His hand wiped across the top of his forehead with a soft laughter, only slightly nervous at the potential backlash of being slapped off a tree for his leading words. "They may not be seeing the actual skin but it would still have the same effect covered or not to a person that could be physically attracted to you and all." It perhaps didn't help that she was an appealing young girl or in this case. "Which, again, they're really nice. Once you notice them it's kind of hard not to notice them." As much as he tried to ignore that alluring definition, his eyes focused on hers, the peripheral would always catch what he tried to ignore most. He didn't want to be rude or seem as if that had been the only admirable trait about her, so far that he'd encountered, she was a very surprising individual and someone whose depth of beauty had been physically and deeper than that. 

"Maybe, I can't say I've met Lauren. I don't listen to rumors so can't say I've heard much about her either." Rumors, they were the poison of teenage life and often the downfall of many friendships that could have been easily talked through without the demolition of good bonds. "I don't think green would be a good color on you anyways, blue definitely makes your features much more defined." The words spoken in the light of an artists critique. The kinds of colors he'd use to better capture her image, dress her in on paper, would be a mixture of blues, yellows, and maybe even an occasional silver. As she questioned him, a gaze rose up to quizzically stare towards her. Had she not seen how she'd been that came to that kind of conclusion? The edge of the pencil gently tapped against the sketch pad in a gentle tune. "When complimented, you turn to a shy smile and often even a soft giggle or laugh. Your cheeks seem to blush slightly too, you're not really accustomed to that kind of attention. But it seems as if you're not against it, even that it might be pretty nice." With the start of his vocal examination of her, the pencil shifted and the tip started to carefully draw along the nearly blank piece of parchment filling it steadily. "When you're confident your smile shows it more, you may have doubts but it doesn't truly dampen that kind of brightness. Your generosity is probably the brightest aspect considering you're adamant about helping people. Even when they're sure you can't or don't know if you're aware of what you're signing up for. . . You don't let that deter you. Youthful naivete and that isn't a bad descriptor to be. It's actually a very good compliment.

What had been left was a rough outline, a shape of her face starting from the shoulders and just the top of her chest. There had been no additional scenery implements on the paper as of yet but the workings were going to take sometime to actually finish after constant touch-ups. "You have an outlook that has been lost by many, one that should remind others that they all should be a bit more bright-eyed and hopeful.  I mean, that's the better way to describe what people call a youthful naivete, it's just hope. Born in young children, wades in the Teen years, all but is abolished in the adult years in most people. The few that have it don't get a chance to show it. But you're a rare reminder on the reasons why they should show it. At least, from what I pick up anyways.

Sign in to follow this