School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC
Amber Cross

Cramp, Push and Take It Easy!

Spencer ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro WrestlerKirupachi
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Feet dragged along the dirt road in Footy Park as Amber struggled to make her way through the location, gym bag in hand, aiming to return to the Townsend household after a full afternoon of pro wrestling practice. Her back couldn't stand upright and pain was very visible in her expression - in fact, she looked like she could fall flat on her face at any given moment.

Four hours prior to that moment, she had been in Melbourne, carefully helping other members of the crew in the laborious task of setting up the ring for the following day's show. Once it was mostly secure a new trainee asked the head honcho regarding how to take a powerbomb properly. Amber was asked to demonstrate as the larger man performed the move on her. The moment her back collided with the mat, all air was sucked from her lungs and she was hardly able to breathe for thirty minutes straight, being completely gassed out and suffering from intense back pain.

And this is why you should always warm up first, kids.

On top of that, she had to suck it up and finish the ring assembly work, and endure three hours of training and bumping on top of it. She managed to put on a strong face, knowing she would be teased mercilessly (and perhaps even punished) if she let the absurd strain show, but the moment she was left by herself near the gym in Narrie that she usually works out in, she felt like her very soul had been sucked out by an invisible Dementor.

'Can't... go... more...' Her motivation was completely shot. She spotted a park bench and collapsed onto it once reaching it, lying down on her stomach. The bag fell clumsily down to the ground, barely hooked to her fingers by the holding strap. She closed her eyes to rest for just one moment.

Out like a light. A little drool fell from the corner of her mouth and onto the wooden bench as the sound of light snores could be heard in her vicinity. Time passed, and she was in danger of missing curfew the longer the nap went...

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

Tag:  @Amber Cross                  Date: -                   OCC notes: -

There wasn’t much to be done, after spending a good portion of her day reading, she couldn’t forget that the next year was going to be harder, she would have a bigger workload than the year before; it was her fault really, not studying in time, falling behind on classes and falling asleep before completing the exam, on some of the classes luck has been on her side as she has been able to pass some easily without much effort.

She got tired of being alone with her thoughts and decided to go out for a walk. Her parents kept calling her and texting her, wondering if she was going to go home but she avoided the calls and didn’t answer the messages. Why does her family even want her to go home during this time? Aside from her twin, everyone else is just distant from her., she didn't believe they hated her but were a bit cautious around her, especially her mother, Max had always been the least favourite child.

She got the thoughts out of her mind once she began walking, but they were coming back to haunt her when she spotted someone on the bench, maybe it was a homeless person? Were they alright? She approached the bench and looked at the figure before poking them, at first it was a light touch, but then it was a bit harder. “Hey, you alright? Need any help?

A couple hours had passed since Amber had finally succumbed to pain in the park bench. She was unmoving the whole time, miraculously left alone by the populace - at least she hadn't been robbed, which was a blessing since her bag laid helplessly next to her - and taking a temporary residence in dream land. In it, she was main eventing a show in Korakuen Hall - Stardom had decided to employ her for that one event. Why? Because they needed someone as brave as her to vanquish the terrifying mutated Kagetsu, clad in a tuxedo and claiming that she would thrust her Jitte down the Australian's throat, for that was what it took for the Prime Minister Kagetsu to reign over the land down under as well: Japan wasn't enough.

Unfortunately her wild imagining would come to an end as there was a light poke to her body, making pain irradiate from the movement. It woke her up, and she reflexively groaned in pain. Blue eyes met the world in a heavy squint. Her body felt like it was on fire due to overexposure to the sun, and her cheek felt glued to the wooden bench.

Well, whatever.

"Five more minutes, 'Read..." She promptly closed her eyes, not even looking at whoever it was that was bothering her (assuming it was her sister, Mairead), and not moving an inch from her position. The drool still dripped from her mouth. The little nudge, however, made it so the girl's baseball cap started sliding off her head. Eventually it dropped to the ground, revealing a messy brunette head of hair with a ponytail that was slowly coming off on its own over time.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

tag: @Amber Cross               date:                     ooc notes:

Maxine didn’t enjoy being ignored, at least not like that, but the girl seemed to be sleepy. “Yeah, I’m not this person you’re talking about Drool Girl.” She commented, stepping back from the bench. “Want me to spay you with some water or call an ambulance?” she asked. Max should just leave her there, she was already ignored by some random chick sleeping on a park bench.

The red-head disappeared for a few minutes only to come back with some water than she dropped on the other girl’s head. “Rise and shine sleeping beauty! The world says hello!” Max shouted, causing some people to look at her and watch what was going on. Shortly Max just got a branch and from afar kept poking the girl, lightly, not wanting to piece her by mistake. People walked past them, most of them staring, but usually, everyone ignored whatever they were doing.

A few seconds later, Max decided it was time to call an ambulance at the half-dead girl laying on the bench. “Hey, hello! Yeah, I found someone who might need some medical assistance?” she said, speaking to the lady on the other side.

"Ugh..." The girl grumbled in her sleep at the threat of being involuntarily soaked in water, mostly due to not even processing what was being said to her at the time with the grogginess. The lingering pain didn't help either. After the herculean effort she put into her craft that afternoon, she didn't want to move another inch in any direction for as long as she lived.

Fate conspired against such a dream, however. After being left alone, Amber almost slipped back into the state of deep sleep that she had been in previously; it was interrupted by being re-approached by the same voice, followed by something that she had been awake for long enough at that point to recognize.

Somebody was calling 000.

"NO! No no no no, NO!" The girl panicked instantly, as if a switch had been turned on. She rolled off the bench, hitting the ground with a thud; it didn't seem to deter her as she bolted upright, which was the one thing she regretted the most doing in all of her days in that planet. Excruciating pain jolted down her spine the moment she got back up to her feet and she reached for the injury reflexively, immediately falling to her knees.

"Fuck!" She cursed, gritting her teeth at the incomparable agony she was experiencing. Nevertheless, her panic was still very much in place, and it gave her the strength she needed to speak. "Please, please don't call anybody! Sib'll kill me!"

The last thing she needed was a very, very angry Veela doctor ripping her head off the moment she reached the clinic, or even Melbourne's hospital (knowing her, she'd have the misfortune of ending up there in the same day her guardian was having a shift there). She'd rather die than face that woman's wrath.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Tag:                    Date:                    OOC Notes: 

Maxine stepped away as she kept calling with the operator on the other side of the line when the girl laying on the bench began screaming and panicking. “Hmm…sorry ma’am but apparently the woman was just sleeping…sorry.” She said to the operator and shut it off before looking at the girl who was finally awake.

“Okay, phone’s off. Are you alright? You seem a bit…hmmm…tired? I mean, you did fall asleep on a bench.” She commented. She was surprised no one had paid attention to her, perhaps people were just too busy paying attention to others. “So why are you sleeping on a bench? And why do you ... groan whenever I poke you here?” Maxine asked, curious about the answer as she poked the girl on the arm. 

“I don’t know who Sib is but I’m pretty sure that’s against the law…” she announced. She barely acted according to the rules but she never broke the law, well besides trespassing, public disturbance, destruction of public property among others, but she was never caught, killing someone seemed a lot worse than whatever she had done.

Oh, good, good. Death by Veela rage didn't expect Amber anymore. While she was pretty positive the strain she put on her back would sideline her for a solid month on a wheelchair, the Spencer could not afford to come face to face with Sibylla just yet. She hadn't come up with a plausible excuse! The woman would see right through her and the enormous secret she'd been keeping all that time would be out. Not only would her head be on the chopping board, but Gem's would be too! She couldn't throw her co-conspirator under the bus like that, now could she?

Another poke, another groan. It wasn't the poke itself that caused pain; rather, the movement that forced upon her torso. It made her fairly sure that the damage she had incurred was greater than she had first realized - perhaps it was for the best that she wasn't touched at all. Maybe she should even just stand on air so the ground wouldn't touch her... Then again, was even the air itself safe?

"That's... my guardian..." She struggled to get out, teeth grinding to contain further expletives. "A doc here and at the hospital sometimes. She can't know I--" Her speech halted abruptly as her gaze bothered to actually analyze the one disturbing her through all the agony. "--Hey! I know you!... But, who are you again?" She couldn't help questioning, brows furrowing. She was horrible with names. Nicknames were often the path to take with her, but she couldn't remember those either. "...Doesn't matter. I'm safe! Just... Do some magic painkiller shenanigans on me or something. Just enough to make me stand up." Hopefully the girl was old enough to actually could do such a thing, with the Trace lingering over teenagers.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

Okay, and why can’t she know you’re hurt, I’m sure she can do something about it, after all, if she is a doctor she can lend you a hand with that,Maxine said, with joking smile on her face, almost like she was mocking Amber, she wasn’t but the situation was too amusing for her to let go of it.

The girl in front of her did seem familiar, Max was sure she had seen it somewhere before, possibly Tally, after all, if the girl went there, there was a chance that they have met, or that she had been Max’s prank victim. “I can probably do something about it, but I can also make it worse, it’s really just a matter of perspective.” She commented

“Let’s go someplace else so I can try something, assuming I won’t blow your arm off, it can happen.” She said, her lips curling up in a mischievous smile. “How did you make that anyway?” She asked, poking the woman again just to hear another groan. “Were you throwing yourself at a wall or something?”

"In a way..." Rather, she was thrown into a mat without warming up first. It was something that she was having a hard time blaming herself for - her coach knew she wasn't ready! Of course, she said she was, but still. There had been no time, she was setting up the ring!

It didn't matter anymore. She tried to move, and her muscles locked up from the agonizing pain almost immediately - it was, bar none, the most excruciating experience she had ever lived through. She had torn ligaments, snapped cartilage, broken bones and so on and so forth before, but that was a completely new threshold of suffering. She closed her eyes shut forcefully in a vain attempt at making it ache less.

"I don't think I can move..." She probably could; it's just that she would pass out from it soon after. She didn't feel particularly suicidal at that moment (though one could argue her actions normally indicated the opposite). "S'why I'm asking for help here. I'd go to her but she can't know, 'n you can't know why, 'kay? Just go with it." She didn't seem at all amused. In fact, the torture was very visible on her face.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“Why would someone throw themselves against a wall?” she asked looking at Amber with a confused look. Max thought that the girl in front of her was either crazy or thought she could climb walls, maybe she could but Max wasn’t going to ask that, only God knows what this woman is going to do next.

Couldn’t move? Seriously? What did Max look like? Someone who could carry other human’s away easily? She could barely lift a medium-sized dog from the ground, a human would be heavier. “I can’t carry you and why can’t I know? Is she some sort of evil demon that would eat you alive?” she asked, curious by the minute.

“Sit and I’ll try not to blow your arm off.” She commented, sitting in the bench and looking at the shoulder. “Fair notice, I failed that class once and barely passed on my second year.” She said with an innocent smile.

"It's the back! It's the back..." Not that getting her spine blown off would be much better; though at that point, Amber was so desperate that she didn't care. She just needed enough of a painkiller to be able to stand and walk on her own. She had already gotten over the 'gassed out' aspect of it, as she liked to put it, and could breathe; and she had withstood three hours worth of bumps on top of that (some of which back bumps as well!), so it wasn't like she couldn't do it, right? Hell, she had walked by her own two feet all the way to Footy Park.

"And yeah, so to speak. I don't want my head ripped off anytime soon, yeah? It's the sort of 'the less you know the better' type of situation. And I'll owe ya one, so not all's bad..." The Spencer had no time to consider putting herself in that position to be a truly horrible idea. When desperation ran amok, stupid decisions were to be had.

Not that she ever made a singular intelligent decision in her life anyway.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

“I’ll try not to break anything while I’m at this. Maxine said, joking about the situation. It was illegal for them to use magic outside of school so Max didn’t know how she could help Amber without getting them both into trouble, besides, it hadn’t been the first time Max had been caught using magic outside of school grounds.

“We need to move someplace else, or I can just wait until you pass out from the pain, roll you back to school and then try not to set you on fire.” She said, joking about it but seemed to be the only viable way to do it considering Amber didn’t want to go to the hospital. “If I get caught one more time doing magic outside of school I might get kicked out and I love seeing my mother’s face for still being in school.” Max got up and held out a hand to help Amber up, she wouldn’t be able to carry her but will be able to support Amber as they walk back to school.

The joke went right over Amber's head. An odd thing, for certain, given how prone to clowning around the Spencer was in essence; but the pain was so agonizing she couldn't make heads from tails pertaining any sort of humor at that moment. With her face scrunched up in pain and a hand's palm splayed against her lower back, she attempted to take support on the bench directly behind her. As she moved her shoulder to apply pressure on the wood, there was a jolt of pain so strong her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

This was going to be horrible.

"Shit." The girl was under seventeen. Just her luck. Not like they could go around screaming for help either when the vast majority of people in the vicinity were Muggles. "Just... Help me onto the bench here? I think that'd help..." She had made it that far by her own two feet. Surely she could make the rest of the way if she rested just a tiny little bit.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

The whole no magic rule was ridiculous, but Max couldn’t do anything about it, she didn’t want to get expelled and be sent home, especially not home.

“Sorry, that’s all I can do, I can’t afford to get expelled.” She said as she helped the girl into the bench and sat beside her. “Will you manage back to school? Are you sure you don’t want me to call an ambulance or someone?” Maxine asked once more to be sure that the girl didn’t want help.

“I’m Max, your face is familiar, but I don’t know your name, sorry.” She said, introducing herself. Max was a bit curious to know who this girl was, they had met in class, but names were never exchanged, at least Max didn’t remember it. “Once we get to school I’ll try to take care of that alright?”

Great. Nobody was going to help her in any way. Amber was on her own - she couldn't even get someone to drag her to the bench. It got under her skin a little. Everyone else's arms were way more useful than her own at that moment and nobody could just hoist her up long enough for her to land her ass on the bench? Did everyone turn into a twig?

"I'm not goin' back to school." Amber said as she geared herself for the herculean effort she'd have to put in on her own. Just a little further, right? She handled the intense training session. Surely she could handle this! "I'm going home." Amber forwent introducing herself completely. Taking a deep breath, she finally applied pressure with the palm of her hand to lift herself up.

"Motherfucker!" She gritted through her teeth. The fact her body was no longer warm from exercise anymore made her muscles scream in agony as she tried to lift herself off the floor solo - but being the tough cookie that she was, she didn't let herself fall. She kept going until she could probably sit down, a bead of sweat rolling down her face from the struggle. "...She might not kill me if I just die here first..." She muttered, lightheaded and pale.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

There wasn’t anything else Max could do, she couldn’t heal her, she couldn’t carry her to school or anyplace for that matter, all she could do was keep her company. “If you’re not going to school and you’re going home, I’d assume the person you’re trying to avoid will eventually be waiting for you at home. Max said. The girl wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

The girl was being unreasonably stubborn, she’d rather be in pain than get someone to look at her arm, that was a bit too much for Max to handle. “I’m starting to believe you enjoy the pain you’re in.” she confronted the other girl. “Only someone who enjoys pain would do the spectacle you’re doing instead of just going someplace to heal that shoulder.”

Max got up and looked at the girl. “Do you want to get better or do you want to remain in pain?” she asked bluntly, ready to leave the girl to her fate, she had no idea why she decided to poke a stranger’s body in the first place, why did she have to be curious. "Because honestly, I think you sort of enjoy being in pain, but I don't judge."

Amber wanted to shake her head on reflex, but the moment her body attempted to do so, she was reminded of the excruciating injury she was nursing. She grimaced and sighed. "Look, thanks for puttin' me on the bench, but it ain't the shoulder, it's the back." She said it before... Or she thought she said it. Was the agony inducing hallucinations? "If I go to school, I'm not sure if I'll make it back home, ya know?"

Slowly and carefully, she leaned said injured body part against the back of the chair for support. "I live just over there in Astley Walk, so it's probably easier for me to sneak in and pass out and hope for the best." Sibylla wouldn't notice, right? She was probably occupied with dinner at that point-- "Oh fuck, I skipped dinner."

Her eyes closed as if that realization put the back pain to shame. She was so, so dead.

Spencer ☆ StudentTecri

What was it with that girl and going home, to tell the truth? If she had she wouldn’t be in that situation in the first place. “Regardless, why don’t you tell the truth? It will save you a lot of trouble and a lot of pain if you just admit you got hurt.” Max said, still not understanding why the girl wouldn’t be honest, it was like she liked to suffer. “Why wouldn’t you make it back home? The nurse will fix you up and you can go on your way. It’s not a big deal.”

Max took her hands to her face, why was she even wasting her time over someone who didn’t want to be helped. “Oh right, sneak in and pass out, because that usually works.Max said rolling her eyes. “C’mon, I’ll take you home them, just try not to die considering I was the last person to see you alive if you do, and I don’t want to go to jail, I like my freedom.” She commented as she tried to help Amber do what she needed to do in order to get home.

“I also don’t think that person will be upset you missed dinner if you’re home safe.”

Amber sighed out momentarily, but stopped herself the moment she realized breathing in deeply was more trouble for her pain threshold than it was worth. Opening her eyes again, she glanced at the fellow Spencer. She did make a lot of sense, but Amber couldn't shake off the fear that the nurse would tell her guardian about what happened. She didn't even know if the two knew each other, but if they were in the same field, they were aware of each other, right? At least it was the same thing in Amber's field. Almost everyone knew everyone else even if they had never met, in the thousands.

"...Thanks. I owe you one." She eventually said. If Max got her close to home, Amber was confident she could pull through. She was known far and wide for her pain tolerance after all. This was just an obstacle in the way of success! Her face contorted slightly as she moved her arm to hold it out for Max to take so she herself could get up and lean on her for balance.

Just a little while longer...