Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
September, 2019 :: Spring
Sign in to follow this  

Complete Complete (Nov. 24 2017)

Ministry ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh
Pureblood Human

"I think I can handle that. You deserve it, after all." Jason said, smiling. He put his arm around Silas, and pulled him in for a half hug. "Buddy, you know you can sleep in your own room, don't you? We have monitors on your sister's room."

"I know, daddy, but Uncle Lot said I have to be a protector of her, so I'm watching her forever!" Silas said, a serious look on his face. Jason couldn't help but crack up with laughter. 

"Well, your uncle Lot was right. You do need to be her protector, but mommy and daddy will be too. You need to protect her when mommy and daddy are not around. You get to go have fun too." Jason patted Silas on the head.

Silas straightened his body up. "I'm a knight, and I protect the princess."

Jason chuckled. It was adorable. "Yes, buddy, that's right."

On the television, the news played in the background. The news reporter stood outside of a home with crime tape, police were around. Along with a familiar face in a suit and bowler hat. And in other news. A couple was found dead in their home today in Kensington home in what police are describing as highly unusual. They were found on the couch, no visible marks, with a look of horror on their faces. There is no evidence of breaking and entering into the home. More on this story on your evening news. Back to you.

Jason looked at Eudoxia, and then his phone rang. Jason gave her an apologetic look, and went to the study before answering it. Then, you could hear his voice through the walls all the way into the family room. "JUST DEAL WITH IT. YOU'RE IN CHARGE RIGHT NOW AREN'T YOU? I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HOLD YOUR HAND ON THINGS LIKE THIS. I AM ON FAMILY LEAVE. DEAL. WITH. IT."

Moments later, Jason reentered the room, a sour look on his face. "Sorry about that."

Melbourne ☆ Creative Director Melbourne DanceKay
Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

”And your uncle Lot did not sleep in my room, every night.” She pointed out. Though he did do a good job of telling the little boy how you were to take care of the princesses. She then leaned over to tug his shirt down.”You are also a Prince and you get to have a little fun- Besides the King will also be sure his castle is safe.” She pointed out and moved to change the channel once the story was over. He would never be able to leave work for long without someone calling him. She knew it. If she had to get used to being on her own with the kids she may as well start now. At least Persephone would nap frequently for a little while. 

Silas looked at his mother. ”Go grab the stuffed animals your grandfather sent.” She said with a smile as she heard Jason yell. It didn’t make her feel good but she understood. She looked over at Persephone. ”Someone forgot Daddy has a temper.” She cooed. ”Yes they did.” the baby squealed with delight and she looked up at him. ”Everything okay? We will be okay f you have to go in for a few hours.” she could manage a few hours without a nap. Maybe more if he let her get one in quickly. 

Pureblood Human

Jason tried to not speak of work with Silas around, especially certain aspects. Thankfully, she had sent him off for something, and he'd be able to hear when he'd be coming downstairs. He kept his voice quiet though. "No, dear, it's fine. I'll hear more about it when I go back in, but for now, I'm on family leave. That was Alana. I probably shouldn't have been so harsh, but she's going to have to learn. She never had to take charge in the Western Australia Ministry, and I never really stepped away until now. She's going to have to learn though, just plain and simple. But, the murder on television was conducted by a wizard on two muggles."

Jason sighed. There hadn't been a known murder carried out in years. It could have been a dispute between people that knew each other. More would be known later. Silas returned shortly after, carrying a stuffed animal in his hands. 

"Are you done yelling, daddy?"

"Yeah, buddy. That was work calling, and they forgot daddy didn't want to be disurbed."

"So, you aren't leaving for work?" 

"No, buddy. I'm staying here with you guys."

"Good. I miss you when you work." He said, and went back over to Eudoxia, resting his head on her lap.

Jason just stood there. He hated that he had to go so much, but that was about to change. He wasn't going to be putting the long hours into the office anymore. It was something he had discussed with Eudoxia too, which he was sure she was happy about.

Her expression changed to a frown as she looked at him. ”Well you should be able to explain that your baby and your wife have kept you up.” She smiled as she moved to allow him space on the couch. Persephone was happily chewing on her fingers and she laughed as Silas came back into the room with the elaborate stuffed animal sent from Greece. She smiled at him and then sighed as she heard the questions. The boy was painfully observant. It was impossible for her to hide much from him when he was watching her. Letting out a sigh as she watched Jason look at the boy who asked him. ”But, as much as you miss daddy why does he work?” Silas looked at her and she nodded at him. 

”Because he loves you, and me and the baby and he wants the world to be safe for all of us.”[/b] She nodded. That was the truth, a little more simplified. ”And Daddy is a good guy like the cowboy paw paw likes.”[/b] Her father did like to refer to her husband as a cowboy from time to time but only in the most affectionate of ways. ”Come on daddy sit with us.” she said as she looked at him ”This what we like to do once you go to work” She smiled. 

Pureblood Human

Jason laughed. Silas was just far too smart and far too cute. So, Jason was a cowboy? Well, Atlas did say it at times too, so of course it had rubbed off on Silas some. When she told him to come sit, Jason obliged, putting himself on the couch on the other side of Silas, who was still nestled into Eudoxia's laugh. Jason patted the boys leg, and reached his head over giving Dox a kiss on the cheek. There they all were, one big happy family. Nothing could get better than this.

Jason took the remote, and put a cartoon on the television. Silas always enjoyed the muggle cartoons, and Jason had to admit that he did too. Spongebob Squarepants was a standard in the Miller Household. 

"So, what's the plan for today, boss?" He asked Eudoxia as Silas focued on the screen.

Letting out a small laugh she nodded. ”yes your father is cowboy.” She said as she looked at him. ”Like John Wayne…just as sexy too.” She said as she moved and pulled him in by his shirt to plant a big, rather over the top kiss on her husband. The caused the boy to say “Ewwwwww” and giggle. This prompted his mother to lean over and plant a very big kiss on the boy’s face. ”Ewww huh?’ She said as she lightly tickled him and he laughed and rolled over and back towards his dad. ”You are so lucky little man.” She said as she looked at him and he hid his face in the stuffed animal. 

Given everything she was happy to have him home now. ”Well we usually watch some TV and then Silas has some outside time… and then we read a bit before lunch and then its naptime.” she said as she looked at the boy and then at his father. They looked so much like one another. They even slept the same way. 

Pureblood Human

"Oh, nap time? That's my favorite." Jason said, laughing. The little boy beside them had now moved himself over into Jason's arms, snuggled up close. Silas didn't get much time with his father with work. That was going to change. Jason was going to be home more often now. He was putting more and more work on his supervisors in the department, and delegating tasks. Jason had been considering something huge, but time was going to have to tell if it would come to fruition. However, if all worked out well, he would have more time at home. He'd be able to work at home, as opposed to in the office. 

"What are we going to have for lunch, anyways?" Jason asked, looking at Dox. She was the cook, not him.

"Vegemite sandwich!" Silas exclaimed. 

Jason groaned. Vegemite was his go to quick meal at work, and if he was being honest, he was burned out on it. However, it was one of Silas' favorites. 

"Maybe, buddy. It depends on what mommy wants too."

Dox liked when her boys were able to be together. Silas had always adored his father, It was something that was easy to see, the way the little boy looked up at Jason when he spoke. -How he talked about his father with others. Dox had a hard time adjusting from working fulltime to being home most of the time. It had been much easier than it had been when she went back to work at the studio. The nice thing was she could do most of her work from home and a few hours in the studio. Silas also came with her to the studio the girls loved him there. Of course they did he was perfect. 

”I think we will have a hot lunch today.” She suggested and smiled. ”You are going to be vegemite if you don’t cool it.” She suggested. ”Maybe some mac and cheese… with dino nuggets.” She suggested knowing the dino nuggets would send her suggestion over the top. 

Pureblood Human

"Okay. Is that okay daddy?" Silas asked, looking up at his father. Jason laughed. "Hey, buddy, you're mum is the boss. If she says that's what we're having, then that's what we're having little man. You see...." Jason straightened up a little.

"We could argue with mum, but what good does that do? Remember, the woman is always right." Jason said, winking at Eudoxia. Jason ruffled Silas' hair again, and then rubbed his back.

Oooh. Who lives in a pineapple under the sea...

A new episode came on the television, and Silas' attention went back to it. 

Jason just chuckled. He couldn't help but laugh at his boy. He was so innocent. Jason looked over to Eudoxia again. "Whenever you guys go down for a nap, I'm going to make a few calls in the studio. Check in with them. Apologize to Alana, too. She's just trying not to mess this up. We haven't had this happen in a while."

She looked at her son and shook her head. ”Careful young man.” She had not liked to be questioned, even by her son. ”You’re father can be very very smart.” She looked at Jason and made a face. She was not a fan of Vegemite but Jason and Silas seemed to like it. ”and now, I am always right but not very woman is.” she pointed out to her son. ”So you also shouldn’t be afraid to call them out either… just respectfully.” She didn’t mind when someone called her on her shit. That was how you got better. Silas was not paying attention and he was busy watching TV. Letting out a small sigh a she leaned back she nodded. 

”It is okay.” She assured him. Though she worried about him, and she didn’t l ike his job all the time, she was not about to tell him what he could or couldn’t do. He knew how she felt and now with two kids, she just hoped he was careful each time he went into the field. ”I know… is there any idea on what or who?” 

Pureblood Human

Jason shook his head. It was too early to know anything right now. Plus, Jason had not gotten too much details during his phone call. He’d been to busy biting their heads off for not handling it themselves. Now that he was involved though, he couldn’t pull himself away from it. ”My hope is that it is an isolated incident. However, you just never know these days. There is still prejudices that run rampant, and still some who believe they are better than our muggle counterparts.”

Jason couldn’t stand prejudices. He’d literally fired many people from his department for being outspoken about it, which had been unpopular at the time. Not only that, but he had promoted a werewolf to be deputy head auror. Again. Very unpopular. Jason didn’t care, and dared anyone to challenge him. Nobody did. He remembered that day well. Several people quit on the spot when he told them to deal with it or exit the door. 

Jason didn’t need prejudice in his department. 

”I’ll do everything from behind the desk. Don’t worry.” Jason told his wife reassuringly. She didn’t want him in the field. He couldn’t blame her, honestly. The last time he had gone in, he almost died as a result. His days of dangerous assignments were over. He wasn’t exactly as young as he had once been.

She had heard the grumblings in her department about what was happening- she had not stayed much longer. It was then that Malcolm had shown up and Levi had come with him. It was then her safety had been in danger and needing to be there for their son had become the most important thing, she had left and the whisperings bout her husband no longer seemed to matter much. Then again if they thought they were being slick about it, they weren’t. They also didn’t know her very well, there was not a single thing that would make her undermine her husband, even if she was not in agreement with him. They were a team and they always would be. That and she had agreed with her husband’s choice. 

”I don’t see why they think that. But then I suppose I wouldn’t.” She was a halfblood, her father had a habit of falling for the muggle women. He liked the way would look at him- their awe of magic. His new girlfriend was younger than Dox and she was in awe of everything he did. She nodded. "Good, i have no trouble going to your boss if i have to..." She teased him. 

She had heard the grumblings in her department about what was happening- she had not stayed much longer. It was then that Malcolm had shown up and Levi had come with him. It was then her safety had been in danger and needing to be there for their son had become the most important thing, she had left and the whisperings bout her husband no longer seemed to matter much. Then again if they thought they were being slick about it, they weren’t. They also didn’t know her very well, there was not a single thing that would make her undermine her husband, even if she was not in agreement with him. They were a team and they always would be. That and she had agreed with her husband’s choice. 

”I don’t see why they think that. But then I suppose I wouldn’t.” She was a halfblood, her father had a habit of falling for the muggle women. He liked the way would look at him- their awe of magic. His new girlfriend was younger than Dox and she was in awe of everything he did. She nodded. "Good, i have no trouble going to your boss if i have to..." She teased him. 

Pureblood Human

Jason sighed. 

“You know, it’s unfortunate that I must be returning to work in the next few days. If I could take more days off, I would. However, I promise my days of field work are over with. I won’t put you in that position again. Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, I don’t think I could anymore and be as fast with my reflexes. No, it seems the office life is the life for me. But, it doesn’t mean I can’t train the future.”

Jason smiled at his wife. 

“I really don’t know how I got so lucky.”

Eudoxia smiled. ”I know you would.” She would have liked him to have more time off as well but, she knew that it was hard to manage. She also knew until this issue was solved on the television he wouldn’t sleep well. Tossing and Turning on the other side of the bed while she tried to sleep and take care of him at the same time. It was something she was familiar with. Jason was cursed with being a protector of all. She couldn’t imagine having that burden. Or having to pick between something you were called to do, and your family. It was why she had never given him that ultimatum, she trusted when it came down to it Jason would do what he thought was best in the moment. 

The last time he had been in the field, Mene had collected her and she had to sit there and wait for him to come to. She had been so relieved when he had been okay. Mene didn’t know if he was alive… that was truly the most frightening thing. She smiled at him. ”As long as you can be happy with not being in the field. The only thing I want, is fo you to come home to me and the kids you know that.” He also knew she was truly terrified sometimes when he left the home. 

”I know exactly how- you ran into me, and then I dropped my purse on you.” She said with a smile. They had bumped into one another. ”That is how you won me over- I was worried you might actually run me over the next time we met by chance.” She smiled.

Pureblood Human

"Of course I'm not happy with not being able to do field work, you know this. However, it is what is best. I'd be a liability more than an asset. I can direct things from behind the scenes on any real missions. Make sure things run smooth from a commander aspect." Jason said, a frown on his face though. He missed going out into field work. He missed being front and center of all of the action. But, he also looked back at to what his predecessor, Lucretia Ingram had told him. 

"You're new place is much more important than being out in the field. You'll have that itch, and sometimes you'll act on it, but the most important thing you should focus on is ensuring your staff are properly trained, equipped, and knowledgeable."

And she was right. She had seen the potential in him. Groomed him to take over when she finally retired. Advised him after. She, like him, had been a decorated auror. She, like him, had realized when it was time to trade in the field uniform for the office uniform.

Jason chuckled as he remembered how they had met. "You know what? I would run into you every day all over again."

The truth was, she had always wondered if he would be able to sit still long enough to be the head of the department. Jason and Eudoxia were similar in the fact they liked to be active. It was one of the many things that had made them compatible. They had met running along the beach after all. She smiled at him. ”You are valuable in many ways my love, just remember that.” It was hard to have to share him with others but she had always known his worth. It had taken her a while to trust after Malcolm. That had been the beauty of it all. 

”I should hope so.” She said, teasing him. She smiled and shook her head. ”I think you know that you had lock it down quickly.” She had not been skittish like she was before, she had been happy with how things had been. It was hard to imagine her life any other way at this point. ”I would maybe wear shin guards more if that were the case however.” She glanced at the baby who was soundly sleeping and Silas still enthralled with the TV show. They really had gotten lucky. 

Pureblood Human

”It was love at first sight. Of course I had to lock it down. Jason said, laughing. He really couldn’t believe how fate had worked in his favor that day. From that day forward his life had changed for the better. He had found his mate for life. They just fit together perfectly, and everything just seemed to fall into place the way they should. 

Jason saw that the baby had fallen asleep. He looked over at his wife, and down at Silas. Dear, mane you should go ahead and take a nap. I can watch tv with Silas. We will be fine. It’ll be some good time for us since I have to return to work later this week.”

”Was it?” She asked him. She had not heard him say that particular part of the story before. ”Here I thought you just wanted into my knickers.” She teased him. She knew very well that had not been the only thing driving him. She let out a small laugh as she thought about those first few dates, honestly he had been very respectable. She had just ended her relationship with Lucas, which had been problematic even on it’s best day, the timing had been right for him. She smiled at the thought, a few weeks earlier… well they did pump into one another a few more times after that. The universe had wanted to be sure they would get the point. 

”As soon as I move her she is going to wake up.” She commented. She was a touchy little thing. It would eventually fade into sleeping through storms. Silas was harder to wake than his Uncle Petros had been. She had just been glad they got Petros through the last few years of school relatively unscathed. 

Pureblood Human

"I am sorry, my dear. You deserve to get some beauty rest. Not that you need it of course. You're beautiful no matter what." Jason smiled. Silas, on the other hand, groaned.

"Ewww. I'm going to watch t.v. in my room. You two are gross!"

Jason laughed, and patted Silas on his back. "Go ahead, Silas. Go play. I'll just keep telling your mum how much I love her and how beautiful I think she is." Jason smiled at Dox.

Silas gave his father a kiss, and then leaned over giving Dox a kiss, and finally blowing a kiss to the baby so he didn't wake her, before going upstairs.

"He's such a butt." Jason laughed. He moved closer to Dox, looking down at Persephone. "She's got your eyes." He said, and gave Dox a kiss on her head. "We're going to have the beat the guys off of her with a stick. She's got both of our looks. We're doomed."

Doe laughed. ”Oh mi amor, that is terrible” She said as he claimed she was already beautiful. ”I have to admit I am with out son on this one.” She did not feel beautiful in the least at the moment. It had only been a few days but she still felt awkward in her body. She would be back to the gym soon enough, she had gotten he jogging stroller for this reason. She had one with Silas but she would need the double now that she would have both to cart around and Eudoxia refused to give up her daily runs. They evened her out a bit and kept her from giving into the temper she had once been so famous for. She also felt Jason appreciated it, instead of her jumping directly down his throat, she was able to pause and take things in. 

They both had been fairly temperamental people, known for their anger, it was actually a miracle they had not blown one another up at some point. Though the new baby in the home and lack of sleep would test them quite expertly. She shook her head. ”You are horrible… but I love that about you.” She looked over as she watched Silas head into his room. ”He’s just like his father.” She tilted her head to look at Jason for a moment. She then shook her head. ”She’ll handle herself. I was fairly good at keeping them at bay… plus she has big brother.” Doe had no doubt that her daughter would be well versed in self defense. Between her father, her uncle and her mother there was no way she didn’t learn how to land a punch- magical or otherwise.

Pureblood Human

"Oh, dear, you will never stop being beautiful to me. You need to realize that. Outside, and in." He said, smiling at her. This was true. It wasn't just the outer beauty that attracted him to her. She was kind, loving, caring. She made his life better in every single way.

Jason chuckled. "She had a brother, an uncle, a mother with a fiery temper, and a father who is a battle-hardened ex-auror." Jason said. She would be well protected from the evils of the world. "I'm glad you got your girl though. It was only fair to keep the house even. Plus, now you won't paint our son's nails like I have heard so many mothers doing." Jason laughed. 

"I just can't believe how great we did. With both of them. They're perfect, like their mother."

”Sometimes you are unreal” She looked at him with a small smile. Even now she still didn’t like getting into a car… he was still patient with her when she struggled to get in one and then go someplace. He was a man who loved his cars and she appreciated them she just didn’t want to be in them. ”Thank you.” She reached over to take his hand. She didn’t have to worry about her husband giving her hard time about how she looked- or didn’t look for that matter. They were well matched, their tempers flared from time to time but they were able to handle the other’s temper without much of an issue. 

”It didn’t matter to me.” She said with a smile. ”So long as they came out healthy.” She looked down at the sleeping baby and she smiled. ”I would never paint out son’s nails who do you think I am?” She laughed at the idea. There was no way she painted Silas’s fingers or toes. She shook her head. ”And she is pretty much set for life now isn’t she?” She said with a smile. ”you aren’t an ex auror. I don’t think you will ever not be one… even if you don’t wear the uniform anymore.” She squeezed his hand. `

Pureblood Human

Jason chuckled. "No, I guess I can never stop being an auror, you're right." Jason said. "I don't think I'll ever be able to leave that mindset, but I have more important things to focus on. You. Her. Him. An entire department that isn't just Aurors. Sometimes I feel I put more focus on the Auror division, letting others down. However, at the time, it was needed. We had things going on that required that focus. We have more departments, each one just as important. My focus has shifted to them recently. The smaller divisions. I didn't even realize how much work went into the Administration Registration Office. You know how hard it is to find all of the magical beings born into Victoria, and register them? I certainly didn't. Before I left, I was learning more about them. It was fascinating."

Jason frowned. "Sorry, I'm rambling about work. I'm supposed to be taking a break from it."