Bourke
Sign in to follow this  
Eudoxia Miller

Complete Complete (Nov. 24 2017)

Melbourne ☆ Creative Director Melbourne DanceKay
Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

November 24, 2017 
Number 18 Manor Street, Brighton VIC, AUS

The idea of another baby after their last had been terrifying. Eudoxia had spent the past ten minutes staring at the sleeping infant when Silas tugged on his mother’s. Putting Silas to bed had been a struggle the past few nights. It had been expected, he had been needier of her time and he wanted to help with the small creature he had been tasked with protecting. Lot had given the boy the run down about being a big brother in the hospital and he had checked in earlier in the day. Doe followed her boy and smiled as he picked out the book, and once he was tucked in she made her way back out to the living room where she had left her husband to tend to Ministry work for a little while. The cat rubbed against her legs as he took his place snuggled next to Silas through the night. 

With the children both safely asleep she felt comfortable sitting in the living room. ”I believe we have a few hours to ourselves my love.” The Greek sat beside her husband on the couch and curled into his side without bothering what he had been doing. ”Are they surviving without you?” She teased as she felt herself relax for a moment. ”Lot has offered to come stay if you need to head back to work.” She offered. Her brother was over the moon, and honestly the large man holding such a small child was a rather endearing thing to see.

Ministry ☆ Head of Magical Law Enforcement - Victorian Ministry of MagicScotteh
Pureblood Human

Being away from work had been hectic in the department. They were running short staffed as it was. Aurors were working patrol duty with the Magical Law Enforcement Squad. He imagined they were hating that. However, it is a team effort. Jason being out of the office didn't help much either. Thankfully, he had Alana Starling who could step up, and take control while he was out. He was not sure what he would do without her.

Jason sat in the living room on the couch, looking through case files as Eudoxia put the newest addition of their family to bed, along with Silas. Having a new baby in the house was weird, but welcome, especially after what had happened before with the miscarriage. 

With his mind deep in thought in the files in front of him, Jason barely noticed Eudoxia enter the room. She sat down beside him, and he placed the files on his other side, putting his arm around her. He smiled as she mentioned they may have a few hours to themselves. Time together alone seemed less and less possible with every passing day.

"Mmm. They'll learn. I don't know what they would have done if I had taken up the Minister's offer, and went to the Federal Ministry." He shook his head. Jason had been approached on several occasions to be the head of the entire country's law enforcement division, however, Jason did not wish to leave Victoria. "Starling can handle it. I have faith. I appreciate Lot wanting to help, but I believe we'll be fine. He needs to get out and enjoy himself more, honestly. He's been free for a while now. Hasn't he found someone yet?"

Nothing was ever quite as satisfying as these moments. When they have time to just be. Doe had become accustomed to being the wife of a man in power. She knew how to smile, what to say and she felt a resposbility to the other wives, she had been there, when her husband went to the hospital to meet with his aurors Doe offered her support to their wives and mothers. Nothing was worse than someone telling you the love of your life was in danger. The day Mene had come to her home to fetch her because the man she loved was in the hospital was one she wouldn’t soon forget. It helped to have support. With the studio it was much easier to make time for the various obligations she now had. She smiled at her him. 

”I hope they do learn I miss you when I have to share so much of you.” It was not something she held against him, she knew what she ha signed up for. ”I think she is capable too.” Doe had liked Alana. She smiled at him as he said this. ”Has be asked you to go once again?” It seemed her husband’s natural ability to lead was noticed by others. Something to be proud of. 

She shook her head. ”He is far more concerned with being with Lilah and doing the dad things he missed out on.” They had often taken Lilah before lot had been given his freedom. ”And you saw him. He is in love with his niece.” She was pretty perfect. ”He’ll be over anyway.” She knew he would regardless of the answer she gave him. 

Pureblood Human

Jason nodded, and lightly squeezed her arm, reassuringly. "Mmmm. Yeah. He's asked. Several times. I think he believes I'll change my answer for the benefit of the Ministry, but I won't leave Victoria. This is my home. I love it here. Plus, I won't spend less time than I already have with you and the kiddos." Jason kissed the top of her head. "I think he believes I haven't truly considered it, but I did. I feel I am better suited serving at the state level. I'll always lend an advisory hand though for the division, as I always have." Jason was not leaving the Victorian Ministry any time soon. 

With a smile, Jason nodded his head about Lot. "I just hope that he is staying on the straight and narrow. I risked a lot to clear his name." Jason rubbed his body, the scars there from the encounter and the visit to the hospital. The healers did a good job in stopping, and eventually countering the curse that had hit him, but scars remained. "Almost died for it." Jason kissed her forehead again. 

"And how about you? How are you feeling now? I know the first few weeks can be rough. Everything healing alright?"

They had talked once, briefly, about this job. It was not as though she would have told him no. Standing in his way was not his style. When she wanted to take on the dance studio, he had been nothing but supportive. She was sure if she told him she wanted to leave her job at the ministry and paint with dolphins all day he would support that too. ”I am sure that he will keep trying, if he gives you any trouble send him my way.” She said with her best “tough face.” Doe had a temper but Silas had mellowed her a bit. That didn’t mean she didn’t break a dish here and there. ”We’d make it work, we always do.” She knew he thought this through given what he’d said. 

Lot had been gtatful. More than Jason knew. Doe loved the fact her husband had listened to her. She smiled.”I know you did.” She sat enough to kiss him. ”Have I told you how much I love you” She asked with a smile. It had taken work and he had gone the extra mile. ”He wouldn’t betray you like that.” It was a small blessing, her brother would do what he said he would do. ”Still a little sore, but fine.” She smiled as he asked. ”I am still a little tired but fine.” It was hard work growing and evicting a human. 

Pureblood Human

He gave her a smile. "I know we'd make it work, but there is no need. My answer is firm. I'm not leaving the Victorian Ministry." 

He returned her kiss, and smiled at her when she pulled away. "You know that I love you too, and I know he won't betray me. I'm just glad he's at peace, not having to run around anymore, and is able to be around for you more. I know how much you missed having him around." Jason was happy he was able to help, even if it had taken a lot for him. Field work was nearly impossible for him now, and he missed it terribly. However, the sacrifices he made were worth it. He just missed being a hands-on leader. He was always taught to never ask your people to do anything you wouldn't do yourself. Lead by example.

Jason rubbed her face gently with his hands. "You did a fantastic job, Doe. She's beautiful, and perfect, just like her mother."

Lot and Doe were frick and frack in many ways. Lot was one of the few who understood the family situation they shared, he was smarter than he gave himself credit for and she never had to second guess his motives. It was one of the many wonderful things that came with having siblings. It made her smiled now. ”I did, visiting him behind bars and magic proof walls was not good for Lilah either.” Her niece, who was about as charming as they came- and rather good at bossing little Silas around, was the greatest reason for Lot to be cleared. The small curly haired child was 9 going on 30 in so many ways. She smiled. 

”She is perfect.” Persephone was an absolutely beautiful baby. Silas had been a much harder pregnancy, she was sick and then confined to bedrest for the last month or so. It had been hell but their daughter had been a breeze. ”We did a good job.” She corrected him. It has not been just her, he had been there as well. ”my father can’t wait to meet her either.” Atlas had been in the middle of something with the exporting business and had promised to come as soon as he was free. ”Which means both Silas and Persephone will be spoiled rotten by the time he leaves.” Atlas was likely going to end up moving to Australia, all three of his grand children were here.

Pureblood Human

"Yes, yes we did." Jason said, smiling. Persephone was just a beautiful little girl, much as Silas was a handsome little man. Jason felt so blessed to have his little family. As Eudoxia spoke of her father, he nodded. Jason liked Atlas. They had a mutual respect for each other. "Well, you let him know that whenever he wants to visit, that he's more than welcome. The guest room will always be ready and available." The five bedrooms made it easy for them to have company over. With Silas having his own room, though he had insisted on having a bed in the room with Persephone so he could protect her, and Persephone having her own room, it made things perfect. The two extra rooms would always help out. 

Jason moved the paperwork from beside him, over to the end table, and then situated himself closer to Dox. He lifted her chin to face his, and gave her a long passionate kiss. "I really do love you, dearest." He kissed her forehead. "More than you will ever know."

’He will be thrilled.” Atlas was not a man who let too much get to him if he could help it, however Silas had won him over with a blink and the man had spent his time being absolutely enthralled with the boy for as long as he had been alive. Most of the things atlas sent them were for Silas, and he had been sending things for Silas as well. ”He may never leave.” She cautioned though she wouldn’t mind her father being closer, not in their home, but closer. ”We should tell him the house down the street is for sale,” She teased. She didn’t know if Jason would want his father in law so close. 

The idea however was side tracked a hand through his hairs stopping at the nape his neck before they traveled to the front of his shirt her hands stopping at his chest she smiled as he told her he loved her. ”I know.” She did know. It was something she had never doubted, even with all the foolishness they had been through. She smiled at him. ”Just like I love you more than you will ever know, to the moon and back and then some.” She smiled, using what they had always told Silas. 

Pureblood Human

He smiled as she ran her hands along him, but knew they needed to stop before things went further. She had just had a baby after all. He smiled at her though. "They can't even measure how much I love you, my dear."He said, attempting to one-up her. "And before you say anything, there is something else I want to ask you."Jason turned his body to face her, and looked Eudoxia in the eyes. 

"I would like to renew our wedding vows. I want to marry you over and over again. You're my life, my world, and my everything. I couldn't imagine this life without you, and I never want to." He kissed the tip of her nose. "So, what do you say, my love?"

She knew good and well they would not be able to go much further, something they had struggled with after Silas had been born, but she was still sore and she was happy to have a moment to remember the things that kept them together. She smiled at him and looked at the man as he said he wanted to talk about something else. Their wedding had been beautiful, in Greece, and with her whole family. It had been a wedding of weddings. The question had made her smile. 

”You want to marry me again?” She moved closer to him and smiled kissing him and resting her forehead on his. Jason was by far more romantic than one would expect. ”Of course I will, over and over.” 

Pureblood Human

"I am very glad to hear it." Jason said, a smile on his face. Their wedding had been beautiful, and he wanted to see Eudoxia like that again, and this time be able to share it with their children. "This time though, we do it here in a private ceremony. Just you, me, Silas, and Persephone. We can each have one witness. Keith is mine, of course." He said, of his cousin. He gave her another smile. He couldn't help but smile in her company.

"Speaking of Keith. Apparently Iris, Zanthe, and Christopher have all decided what they want for Christmas from their Uncle Jason and Aunt Doe. Iris wants a potion kit like her father. I guess she's just as into potions as he was at their age. Apparently she's showing a real knack for it. Zanthe wants a PlayStation, although Keith is worried with all the magic in the atmosphere at his house it may interfere. I told him I may have a few charms he could place on them to make them work. Christopher wants a wizarding chess set that is a little pricey, Kid has good taste though. The pieces are made of marble." He looked at Doe. "I figured we could swing those gifts, don't you?"

The idea of being private was nice honestly. She nodded. ”Lot of course.” Nicole had moved away and left her largely friendless… not that she didn’t have friends, just none close enough to let them in on this. ”I think he will be thrilled.” She knew he did like those things and given he was just responsible for Lilah, it was easy to make time for the wedding. She liked the idea of just being them and the kids. It was nice to have the wedding for all, but this was their family after all. 

The triplets had many things they wanted and she shook her head. ”They are quite determined kids, I am glad they know what they want. Lilah keeps saying she wants a horse and I am worried Lot is going to cave.’ he felt like he was playing catch up. ”Has Sila said what he wants yet?” The boy enjoyed making them guess what he wanted, or wanting everything. 

Pureblood Human

"Well. Maybe we should get him a small piece of farmland out here?" Jason offered with a smile. "That way she has room to run around, and can have that horse." He laughed. It was possible to do, of course. Jason could easily find a plot of land out near Narragyambie. "Something to consider at least." If anyone deserved their own little piece of land, it was Lot. He was doing well for himself nowadays, and staying out of the trouble. 

"I think we should really get Silas something special. I believe he may feel some of the attention is going off of him with his new sister in the picture. I know he puts on the tough guy face for us, but I think he misses all the time we were giving him." It happened often, Jason knew, in families. The oldest could feel as though they were being ignored. Especially at that young of an age.

”This is one of the many reasons I love you.” She said moving to kiss him. He was such a good man. It sometimes drove her crazy how giving he was. Without questioning if he should give something to someone he just did it. She smiled at him. ”If you want to give my brother land so he can keep a horse for his daughter, I will not stop you.” she knew that eventually the land would be bought. ”I will never have to worry about our children learning what it means to be generous, and humble.” She was truly amazed at how much he gave to others without a thought. She smiled at him as she tucked in closer to him. ”I don’t deserve you.” She had never thought she deserved good things but he had shown her otherwise. They deserved to have this life where if he wanted to give back, he could. 

Even in the short length of her marriage to him, they had been through a lot. They stood together as partners and she had been thrilled they had made it to the other side. ”He is. I swear he has been needier in the past two days I’ve been home than he ever has before.” he was her little shadow. ”During naptime today he pulled his blanket and pillow in her room and slept on the floor.” She said with a smile. ”Maybe he and Lilah should both get horses and Persephone can get one much later.” she laughed. 

Pureblood Human

"You do deserve me." Jason said, smiling. "It is you who made me the man I am today. Never forget that." He kissed her. "You're the reason for everything that I am today." And this was true. Jason was purely about work before. It had cost him a lot. Eudoxia came into his life at a good time, and had changed everything about him. She made him want to be a better man each and every day.

"Silas will get used to it, but no horse. Absolutely not. That's where I draw the line! We'll leave Lot to the farm animals. We will stick to everything else." Jason said, with a laugh. "No, what Silas needs is some time with one of us. I'm thinking one day this week, I take him out all day, and one day you take him out one day. One on one time. The other will take care of Persephone." Jason said, thinking this would be a brilliant idea. Silas would get the time he was yearning. While Eudoxia was pregnant, she wasn't able to be as active with Silas. Jason was sure he missed that. And Jason himself had been busy with work with them being shorthanded.

Eudoxia knew better than to argue this point. Honestly, she never wanted to. She knew that they made a good match. The day they met had proved to be a rather amazing twist of fate. ”I am glad you think so.” She said with a smile. ”You give me too much credit for these things. I am only there to help you- you did all the work.” Honestly he made her want to be better as well. That was the purpose of a relationship- you grew together you got better together. It was something she felt was true about him. ”There is no way I get over that car accident, the loss of the baby… alone.” 

She pouted and sighed. ”A Rocking horse then.” She looked at him. ”Every prince and princess need a horse.”She said with a nodded as if this was a fact everyone knew. ”I bet we find them an amazing one.” She then thought about it. ”Or, we have Lot take her and we both go with Silas somewhere?” She suggested. Maybe in addition to taking him out one on one.

Pureblood Human

"We made it together, my dear." He said with a frown. It had been tough dealing with the loss of their last child. He knew the feeling all to well. It had happened before to him, but this time it was a lot more emotional. Before Silas, he never really wanted kids. After Silas, and actually preparing to start a bigger family, and so this one hit him a lot worse.

He nodded about the rocking horse. Less messy, less responsibility, just as much fun. When they got older, he could always perform a little magic so it would gallop through their room with them. Always a plus. 

When she brought up Lot taking Persephone, Jason grinned. "See, that is why we're such a good team. One comes up with an idea, and the other improves it. It's settled then. If Lot is okay with it, then that is what we will do."

A lot of their relationship had been built upon accidents that had turned into something better. Silas had not been planned but she would never take him back. He had been one of three best things to happen to her, to happen to them. Dox had always thought herself strong, Lot had taught her how to defend herself. She had held her own against Malcolm. Then she met Jason and she didn’t have to fight so hard. That had been the best thing about all of it. She didn’t have to fight so hard for anything. She ran a hand along his cheek as he frowned. It had been devastating. She mourned the loss still. They however had managed to make it to the other side. That was something to be thankful for. 

”I doubt he’ll object.” She said with a smile as she talked about them being a great team. They were. They managed a lot together… there was give and take. They by no means had a perfect relationship. They still fought, they didn’t always agree but they worked it out. The vows she took were everything to her. She would honor them and him, for the rest of her life. ”You know it is a shame we cant take a honeymoon again too…”She teased. 

Pureblood Human

"About that....." He said, a smile on his face. "I think a two day vacation would be feasible. We can always apparate back if we're absolutely needed, don't you think?" He asked, smiling. Two days alone with Eudoxia would be amazing. Even if it was just at their home. They didn't get much alone time with no worries anymore. That was one thing he missed. He wouldn't change the children for anything, of course, but sometimes he did miss their escapades. The whim to just go somewhere when they woke up whenever they wanted. 

Jason looked up at the time, and sighed. It was getting late. "Sweetheart, you should go get some sleep. I think I could put work aside for the night, and join you."

Dox smiled. ”Where would you want to go?” She asked with a small smile. They would be able to have a good time and not worry too much about life back home. She knew with his work, and the kids time where they were able to relax was slim and maximizing it sounded amazing. ”Honestly we could just go to a nice hotel in Melbourne and I would be happy but I think we should at least try to go somewhere.” She said with a smile. She looked at the clock on the wall and sighed. She was enjoying the moment alone with her husband and she knew she did need sleep. The baby would be up soon needing something. 

”Oh you better be coming to join me. I have not had a husband in my bed in a few nights.” She said with a smile. She had been in the hospital and though it was cozy he had been home with Silas. She held her hand out to him. ”Tuck me in?” She smiled. 

Pureblood Human

"Anywhere that your heart desires, my love. Just be thinking about it." He said, and gave her another small kiss.

Jason took her hand. "Of course I'll tuck you in." He smiled, and then led her up the staircase and into the master bedroom. Jason then got undressed, and put his pajama pants on, and curled up into the bed with Eudoxia. He reached over, turning on the video baby monitor. Silas was fast asleep in his bed he had moved beside the crib, and Persephone was also asleep in her crib. 

He rolled over, and put his arm around Eudoxia, kissing her head. "I love you, dear." He said, and closed his eyes.

She curled into him and watched s he checked the baby monitor, both of their children were asleep. It was a wonderful thing to know they both would sleep at the same time. Silas of course had their cat snuggled up with him and she smiled. The cat had been protective of both o the children- especially when Dox still had the belly, there were pictures of the cat always protecting the bump from whatever might happen to it. For right now, in the moment, the Miller family was completely peaceful. And for her first night back in their home Do fell into a peaceful sleep. 

Only to be woken a few hours later by the cry of the baby. Silas was standing by the crib telling Persephone it was okay. ”You are such a good big brother Silas, but you should be in bed my love.” She picked up the little girl and moved her to the table where she kicked her feet and cried. Silas was a little zombie as he followed along. The diaper changed and the baby fed and she was still crying. Dox started the familiar task of pacing. Humming as she attempted to be quiet. It was a wonder Jason was not up.

Pureblood Human

Jason hadn't slept peacefully in quite some time. So, it was a wonder that he was not awake from the crying, and the shuffling around the house by everybody. The late nights in his study, with the monitor on his desk, were catching up to him. He had mounds of paperwork to sort through still in his office that he hoped Alana had made a dent in while he had been gone. Everything had to eventually end up in front of him. It was part of his accountability for the department. Every bit of paperwork eventually ended up on his desk for review. 

So, with Eudoxia home, not pregnant, and able to move around more freely, Jason took the opportunity. He didn't really mean to, his body just wasn't waking up. In what was probably an hour after Eudoxia had gotten up, Jason finally rolled out of the bed, and put on a t-shirt and jeans. He went downstairs to the kitchen first, grabbing a cup of coffee, and then into the family room. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to sleep in." Jason said, bending down and kissing each of them on the head. Jason took a seat next to Silas, and put his hand on the little ones head, ruffling his hair. "Whats up, buddy?"

Silas looked up at his father. "I help mommy with the baby." He said, grinning ear to ear, proud of himself. 

"Good job, buddy!"

Dox had been able to get both kids into the living room and put something on TV. Silas was hellbent on taking care of his sister and though it warmed her heart- it was a little in the way today. However she did have him running back and forth to get things. She knew that once her husband was up she would be less restricted to what she was doing. Silas was siting by them and was busy watching his sister and not the TV. Dox took the time to switch to the news. She heard Jason come down the stairs and she smiled as he entered the living room. 

Letting out a small breath as she looked up she made a face at him. ”I will forgive you this time. It just means I will be cashing this in for a nap later.” She teased. Still unable to have too much caffeine she relaxed in the couch and placed the baby beside her. Persephone was content an laughed as she watched her big brother.