School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Summer Break

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Ministry ☆ Corrupt Auror, SocialiteKirupachi
28 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

Evelyn had never been much of an uniform fan, so it was quite refreshing to spend a whole day out of the Auror mandated set of clothing. She could finally opt for a simple yet modest floral sundress which was more her style by far. Not only that, she could actually have a few moments for herself.

That's what she was enjoying that morning. A few moments of solitude in Mrs. Kempsey's Corner Store, reading the newspaper and enjoying the air conditioner's breeze as people roasted outside. Heat itself had never been that big of a deal to her at all - being of Veela descent she actually had a far greater tolerance to temperature than fellow humans, but she couldn't deny the air circulation felt rather pleasant as well.

Evelyn was there at the repeated behest of her cousins, whom found it appalling that someone as well versed in tea as herself had never tried something called 'Mrs. Kempsey's milktea' before. Specifically, bubble tea. Perhaps her own elitism kept her from doing so thus far, she couldn't tell exactly why, but that day would be the day for her to fulfill the promise she made to the girls and try out the beverage that seemed to be 'in' with the younger crowd those days.

As the drink was served, she crossed her legs under the table a little ways away from the entrance of the milkbar and her gaze flitted over the most recent issue of The Mage's newspaper's pictures and text and she ingested the news of the day. Without giving it much thought at first, her hand grasped the tea container and brought the straw to her lips, and she lightly sipped the drink.

The lightest of flinches came through her facade. Too sweet. She wasn't one to enjoy strong flavoring, but the taste certainly explained most people's obsession with it. Then again, now that she had paid, might as well consume the whole thing...

Players ☆ unemployed geologist and video game addictTecri
2019 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

Tag: @Kirupachi                    Date: -                    OOC notes: nothing to see here

Andrea was relatively new in town and since she wasn't going to teach, at least for the next month or so she could easily explore without worrying that she could miss a class or something. Thanks to her parents' connections she managed to find a place to stay, nothing too fancy, and perhaps way too expensive for her salary; maybe Andy could get a roommate, it shouldn't be too hard to find someone willing to share a house with someone who dislikes noise and who likes to be alone, since Andy was quiet and would spend most of her time in her room or reading, it shouldn't be a problem to find someone willing to share a house with.  

As the woman walked through the streets, and it was clear to her that this place wasn't like the one that lived before, still too crowded for her own taste, she just wanted to go back to South America, at least those secluded villages in the middle of nowhere were Feeling a bit thirsty and a bit hungry she walked into the first place she thought she could get something to eat, maybe a slice of cake? Or maybe some apple pie; the thought of food was making Andrea even hungrier than before. As she tried to find a place to seat there was someone with a familiar face, Evelyn. It had been a while since they spoke, but last time they were on good terms, it wasn’t easy befriending Andy. cozy and welcoming.

Andrea walked over to Evelyn and smiled. For a moment the woman had forgetten how to make a decent presentation. "Hello Evelyn.she said, greeting the blonde in front of her. "How have you been? I had no idea you moved here, I can't remember the last time we actually spoke." she said, wondering if the woman before her eyes could remember her or not, it wasn't easy noticing Andrea but once someone did it was hard forgetting about her, perhaps it was her constant complaining about people in general that reminds people someone like her exists. 

Setting the underwhelming cup of tea down on the table, Evelyn ultimately found herself drawn to the latest article on the Sollozzo case. The Narragyambie Station, and consequently herself, was keeping its eyes peeled for anything that might indicate the presence of this man; despite being cold blooded, the woman couldn't help but feel a mild knot form in the pit of her stomach at the thought of him striking during the End Year Ball celebration that was going to be held in Tallygarunga the following night. She was assigned to play guard in the premises, but she still didn't like the possibility of her own daughter being in the line of fire. Hopefully it would all be calm and uneventful.

A new little presence made itself known in the back of the Legilimens' head, but she refrained from looking up immediately so not to give her ability away. Instead she reached once again for the drink she had purchased, sipping it. At least she kept herself from wincing that time.

She looked up from the newspaper, her gaze landing on Andrea's. The usual amused smirk quickly spread across the blonde's lips, almost as if it had never left from how second nature such a thing had become. "Quite lonely without you, of course. Why, have you missed me so?" The smirk widened into a smile as she threw out the little joke, eyes glinting with mischievousness. "You wound me, being so late for our little date." She wasn't expecting company at all, but a little flirting was never a bad thing.

Professor Teaching Staff ☆ Wandless Magic ProfessorTecri
28 year old Pureblood Human ☆ She/Her/Hers

Tag: @Evelyn McCarthy-Parsons                   Date: -                    OOC notes: nothing to see here

Andrea watched Evelyn for a moment before the woman spoke, Andrea’s smile soon turned into a mischievous smirk, there was nothing wrong with some fun. “I do apologize for leaving but duty called, however….Andrea said. It had indeed been a while she had seen Evelyn, they were friendly but, in the past, they didn’t know each other well enough to be friends.

She wasn’t the kind of person that used to talk to that many people, Evelyn was one of those few people with whom Andy talked with. “And what if I did?” Andrea asked, still with a smirk on her lips like she was preparing something.

Andrea thought about sitting after Evelyn spoke about being late for the date, but instead, she just stood there. “I wanted to look nice, it’s not every day I get to go on a date.” She replied, replying to Evelyn flirt with some of her own. “Got to look on the bright side, at least now I have a date with a cute girl.” She said, it wasn’t exactly a joke, Evelyn was in fact very pretty.

“Is the tea any good here? I mean I know this person with whom I’d like to invite for a cup of tea. You know, we need to catch up.”

"I'm not the best person for advice in that regard. I don't usually come here for tea, and I can't say I've made an appropriate request." Evelyn raised the little container of bubble tea she had purchased. The more she thought about it, the more she regretted it. "But if you'd like to join me, I might just stay long enough to find out." Her free hand gestured to the seat in front of her own, her expression seemingly expectant. It would serve for a good distraction, as far as she was concerned.

"But back on matters of more importance, you have succeeded in that appearance endeavor of yours, I must say. In fact, you pass with flying colors." She gave a light cheers motion with the container before taking another sip. Perhaps it was just an acquired taste? "I'm not used to seeing you around these parts. What brings you here?" She could have just looked into it herself, but where was the fun in that?

Tag:  @Evelyn McCarthy-Parsons                Date:  -                  OOC Notes:  nyon

That seemed to be what normal people used to do, invite others to join them. Andrea didn’t mind joining Evelyn, it had been a while since they’ve talked and there was never a dull moment with the woman, sadly Andrea got bored of others easily, then again a few minutes wouldn’t hurt anyone.

“Well, I hope I’m not interrupting anything, but thank you.” She said with a smile and took a seat in front of Evelyn. “So, what do you come here for exactly?” she asked since Evelyn spoke she didn’t go there for tea. As Evelyn complimented Andrea’s choice of clothing, she bowed her head lightly. “I’m very pleased you enjoy my attire, I do my best.” She spoke. It was hard to know if she was joking or not about the situation, but she wasn’t, she was actually proud of her clothing choice.

The conversation moved forward and there wasn’t much to tell about her reason to be there but in all honesty, Evelyn didn’t know. “I’m the new wandless magic professor, who knew I’d be teaching teenagers.” She commented. “And it will be challenging, I just hope they aren’t like me when I was their age. How about you? What have you been doing? Besides, experimenting tea.”

"Well, first, to answer your question..." Evelyn's left index finger's fingertip lightly tapped the lid of the bubble tea containing that hand was holding. "My daughter's friends have been saying that, as a tea connoisseur, it was quite blasphemous that I haven't tried this particular beverage before. That, and, it seems to be all the rage with the new crowd. It never hurts to keep up with generational trends, I believe." Another sip. At least she had enough self control not to wince a second time. "I've decided to take the day off to give it an actual try. I can't say I empathize with this particular new craze, but to each their own. As for your employment, congratulations." She gave the woman a light air cheers motion.

Assuming correctly that she was going to teach in Tallygarunga - why else be in Narragyambie, of all places? -, she continued. "Alyona is enrolled in the local school, actually. It could be that you'll run into her the coming year, should she take your elective." And maybe she could use this newfound knowledge to her advantage. Perhaps she should persuade Andrea to help the girl out...?

Tag:   @Evelyn McCarthy-Parsons                 Date:  -                  OOC Notes: -

Andrea had no idea Evelyn had a daughter, but it had been a while since they spoke. “I’m new here, I have no idea what’s in and what’s out and what these kids talk about. Besides this place what other things exist here? Interesting thing obviously.” Andy said. Everything seemed to be going by so fast that it was hard to even keep track of everything. “I was never fond of tea but it’s not the time for that sort of beverage.Andy commented with a mischievous smirk.

When Evelyn congratulated her Andy smiled and bowed her head lightly. “Thank you, I just hope I don’t have to deal with animals, you know how much I enjoy my quiet time.” She spoke. She didn’t want to be the Professor of a bunch of animals, but they were teens there wasn’t much that she could do.

When Andy heard that Evelyn’s daughter was enrolled at the school she smiled. “I hope so. It’ll be my first attempt at teaching, but I’ll be happy if she does, and if she ever needs help with wandless magic I want all of my students to succeed since it isn’t an easy subject, but there’s a trick that makes it easier.” She commented. “If she does let me know, you know how to reach me. Andy said, smiling at Evelyn.

“Got any more plans for today or just going to sit here and drink tea all day?”

What a shame - not being found of tea was the true blasphemous thing, not 'not having tried bubble tea', in her opinion. It was the most precious beverage in the world. Evelyn could not live without it (almost as much as she couldn't live without Alyona, for as much as she wouldn't admit it). She wanted to consume it, inhale it, feel it, marry it, bathe in it, inject it intravenously--

"Well, I didn't initially have much of an idea on what to do today, admittedly. I'm not too used to having days off, you see." Moreso with the whole Sollozzo problem. Aurors were practically working overtime on the daily. It was a wonder how the blonde ever managed to get one day, and she couldn't help but imagine her coworkers weren't all too pleased about it; especially her partner. "But now that you're here, well..."

She tapped her chin for a moment with her unoccupied hand, resting its elbow on the table, observing the teacher before her - she had a brilliant idea based on her previous line of questioning. "...What if I show you around? We can catch up, for old time's sake." Ambiguous on purpose, she proceeded to ingest some more of the inferior beverage she had ordered. Letting go of her own chin as she did, she signaled an employee to come take Andrea's order.

Tag:  @Evelyn McCarthy-Parsons                  Date:                    OOC Notes: 

“I see, well sometimes you’re so busy than when you have a day off you’re too stunned to do anything, although I am glad I found you here on your day off or I wouldn’t have known you’re living here.Andrea said. Despite her general dislike for noise, Evelyn was someone she didn’t mind, perhaps they could talk about old days, or perhaps each one would follow their path, depending on what Evelyn wanted, Andrea still couldn’t believe she had signed up for that job. “I’d love that, I don’t know much of this place and who’s better to show me than you?” she commented with a smile. When the employee arrived Andrea placed her order, simple really something to eat and a hot beverage.

“I’m glad I ran into you today Evelyn, I was starting to think I was going to die of boredom, there's nothing interesting to do here.” She announced, taking a deep breath and crossed one leg over the other on the chair. Andrea as used to another sort of life, especially since she kept moving around since she was little until she got into VMU, the change was hard but now it's probably going to be even harder. “You need to let me know when you’re free again, maybe we can work something out if you’re up for it.” She proposed. Andrea assumed, from the way Evelyn was talking that she had a pretty busy life, which the woman assumed it couldn’t be easy juggling schedules.

"I'm not one to leave good company hanging." Evelyn commented. By then, the beverage was nearing its end, much to her contentment. She felt like she needed an actual helping of tea to rinse the overly sweet taste out of her mouth. "Although, I beg to differ, but perhaps I'm biased. Life is as interesting as you make it, and there are many perks to a small town. The quietness and peacefulness comes to mind." As much as that case of theirs let them have anyway. "It's also very much a campus town, so, there's always youth around. As such, a lot of the shopping district around here caters to them, wizardkind and otherwise."

She reached to fold the newspaper and set it aside on the table, to leave it there for the next person to sit down. She didn't need it anymore, and it would spare whoever came next a few cents. "If you're not very much into what's 'in' these days, so to speak, you can always head to the Drunken Roo. Not very much my kind of thing, I must admit, but it might be right up your alley." Being the lightweight that she was, Evelyn simply didn't drink. Better safe than sorry - she had too many secrets that could erase everything she had painstakingly worked for if accidentally revealed over liquid encouragement.

"With that being said, I'll lead you to the main spots in town that I know of, although you're better off questioning one of your many students for some secret places. What do you say about finishing off at my household for lunch?" Of course, she'd avoid the park. She detested the park. Stupid birds...

Tag:   @Evelyn McCarthy-Parsons                 Date:                    OOC Notes: 

“I like the peace and quiet of a small town what I don’t like is the lack of quiet places to visit. I can’t complain about the teens anyway, they still haven’t sucked the life out of me.” She commented, the last part is a slight joke about the situation, for someone who didn’t like kids very much she sure had to choose a job where she had to deal with them.

Their conversation continued. “I don’t like changes, but I’ve been there a couple of times, it’s not bad. Too bad you’re not into that kind of thing, a drink or two wouldn’t hurt anyone.” She commented, trying to sort of convince Evelyn to join her in such a place. She tried to avoid most places without a reliable company just in case some random person decided to talk to her.

“Thank. I still haven’t met the devils, but I accept that invitation if next time lunch is on me.” Andrea proposed. “What do you say? Deal?”

Evelyn let out a good humored chuckle at the joke, letting a pleasant smile linger upon her lips afterwards - although, to an extent, she had to disagree. She found that teaching Alyona all she had to offer outside of the school curriculum to be quite the cathartic experience when juxtaposed with the kind of life the blonde forced herself to lead; not to mention the joy she got out of dealing with the likes of Samantha, Amber and Mairead during family gatherings. She briefly pondered if the fact that she couldn't produce children made it so she was more prone to relish in the time she spent with them. The occasional lecture she conducted at Tallygarunga itself was quite a fun endeavor as well.

"Mm... They do serve mocktails. Might as well." Unlike what Andrea claimed, a drink or two did hurt people - at least, people with Evelyn's alcoholic "tolerance". The only way she'd use the chemical was with food, since it left the taste with no trace of the compound to inebriate her upon consumption. "But, deal. I look forward to it. Let me know when you're available, and I'll try to clear my schedule around that."

Andrea laughed when Evelyn chuckles, for not it was an amusing joke but she was sure that once they did suck the life out of her it wasn’t going to be as amusing, however, Andy was not only curious about her students, she was also a bit nervous about it all, she didn’t exactly study to become a teacher but in the process she ended up doing so by staying some extra years at VMU.

“One can’t hurt you.” She said with a wink.

As Evelyn agreed that left Andy very pleased. The woman’s food arrived, and she offered Evelyn some by raising her plate towards the blonde. Evelyn proposed that she would clear her schedule, but she seemed like a busy person, at least busier than Andy. “I’m assuming I have more free time than you but sure, I teach wandless magic, there can’t be that many people that chose that class, I remember hearing how badly some people talked about it.Andy said, not knowing what was waiting for her. To her, that magic came naturally but it was difficult to control, she remembered most people avoided classes like that.

A mocktail certainly couldn't hurt her, being alcohol free. She made a simple 'mm' sound in agreement before finishing off her drink while Andrea went on about her class. She briefly wondered if she'd be recruited to give another lecture in the incoming term, but she hoped not - stress was at an all time high, and she needed some time to focus on herself first and foremost. Maybe she should pay Travis a little visit sometime soon.

"I don't think teaching is the beacon of free time that you're making it sound. My issue is that I'm on call at all times, but you have to work outside of work, don't you?" Though, as far as she was aware, teachers had the opportunity to organize themselves around a schedule. Evelyn, in the meantime, had to go to work at 3 AM if she was alerted to do so by the Chief Auror. "With making exams, preparing classes, tutoring, staff meetings, and such things... Don't worry too much about my schedule, alright? We'll just make do. Unless you're just that eager to see me again, of course." The devilish smirk returned, and her right eyebrow wiggled once suggestively at the woman. Too easy.

“Probably, but it can’t be that hard since classes are mostly mixed years and they have other classes to attend too as well, whenever they are in one of those I’ll be free.” She said. Perhaps she hadn’t thought that through, grading wasn’t that hard either. “And it’ll be mostly simple, preparing classes, grading them, I’m sure it wouldn’t cause too much, don’t worry.Andrea spoke.

“I’m pretty sure your job is a lot more stressful, I can just use a spell to make them quiet or petrify them and it’ll be alright…” she said before turning to Evelyn. “I’m joking, I’m not going to petrify anyone.”   she said laughing. At least for the time being she didn't wasn't going to, when the time comes who knows what might happen. 

Evelyn was perhaps being too sweet. “Alright, we’ll see what we can do and yes I am, you might be one of the few people I tolerate.” She said leaning a bit forward before taking a sip of her drink. "I will be sure to let you know my schedule then, but I'm sure we can work something out."