School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Summer Break

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Spencer ☆ Spencer Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro WrestlerKirupachi
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

The summer was less than one week away but the heat had been making itself known for a while, in between bursts of rain and storms. That day was one of those blistering hot days when even dung beetles thought it was too much for them and sought shelter. Amber Cross, however, wasn't half as bright as those little critters. She headed out without even bothering to put sunscreen on.

It was was her official rest day - as such, she had no sports activities scheduled, not even her regular upkeep. However, just because it was a rest day, it didn't mean that Amber knew how to stop. In her brilliance (or lack of self preservation) she decided that, despite her aching muscles, it was time for a good cardio workout - swimming. She decided to make her way to Korrowi Creek. She knew a place that was deep enough to dive into without much trouble, and since it had been raining lately it was probably at a high water level for a change.

For once in her life, her complete disregard for common sense paid off. The water looked inviting and the area was deserted in general. Setting her bag down under a tree right by the shore of the creek, the girl proceeded to remove her bracelets and her cap, along with everything else until she was down to her swimwear. After a last glance at the water she smirked confidently to herself, having yet another reckless idea.

She could be seen nimbly climbing up the same tree's trunk - it was a rather thick specimen, with strong branches stretching out just above the creek itself. With trained balance she perched herself over one such branch, and after a moment she carefully made her way to the end of it - at least, to the furthest part that could still hold her weight. At that point she stood up, looking at the water below.

"Here goes nothing. Woohoo!" The daredevil jumped off of her high ground, tucked her legs and cannonballed herself into the water, causing a loud, wide splash on impact. 'Hell yeah, cool water!'

Bourke ✩ Kaitore
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

Sluggish and weariness, that had been the very definition of how Travis had been feeling today. The worse part is it had very little to do with the sun or the heat that had beat down in the moment. Truthfully, it hadn't even been a factor in how rundown he'd been feeling with slightly pale skin and the expression of someone who hadn't gotten a proper nights sleep in the fast few days. He knew what this would mean, the doors were growing fast and he had only few more of them before the real pain of everything would accumulate into one show of beastly ferocity. 

Until those monthly days came along he sought out ways to try and place himself into some comfort. This is where the creak and it's water would in handy, the sheer presence of nature seemed to place many of the urges that tried to surface in the build up days to a calm. Taking off his bag he settled it right at the edge of the creek and kneeled next to it where he'd stare at his reflection. At times he wondered when the pain would eventually stop, when the moment where he could have some form of normal existence somehow. Wishful thinking for those cursed by the moon and her howling kin that changed under it's most powerful moment. 

Just as he'd been about to reach his hand out towards the water it halted, ears twitched at the sound of a somewhat familiar voice and the crash of water splitting just further down the stream. A shiver ran through his body while the tip of his tongue glided along the presence of his teeth -  those ever presence urges for raw meat called out into his mind. The animal inside had never the opportunity to truly feast, something that Travis had been adamant on keeping under control as long as he still had every inch of his faculties. He'd been lucky enough to be gifted with the tendencies of the more mild kind of Wolf-kin and yet it didn't mean he had been immune to such urges. Just that it didn't hold as much sway for his attitude in strange bursts. 

He followed the voice, listening to the sound of the breathing and the smell itself that couldn't entirely be covered up by the fresh sense of the water. Eyes drifted towards the pile of clothes that laid on the ground nearby and then the top of the head of the brunette, Amber. "You know, if you're going to let everyone know you're here. . . You could just scream out 'HEY GUYS, IT'S ME AMBER!'." Travis offered his trademark cool smile as he looked towards her, hands pressed deep into the pockets of his shorts. "And getting all wet without anyone around? That's just mean. You should have invited more people to swim around. Selfish~."

The temperature shock sent a shiver down Amber's spine, but for once it was welcomed - better endure a little cold that would go away soon than becoming sidewalk barbecue like everyone else. It didn't take her too long to resurface, her head peeking out of the water as she maintained herself in the same place. She shook it roughly as means to get some of the water out of her nose, as she felt it starting to itch.

"Huh?" Hearing someone, she glanced at where the voice was coming from, her eyes ultimately landing on Travis. "How... Why would you even make this sound perverse?!" She protested, feeling a very counterproductive blush rise in her cheeks and heat up her face, almost fighting the effort she had put into cooling off.

Minimally recovering her composure, she swam to the shore - not that she was far from it to begin with anyway. "This place is pretty deserted, ya know. It's not my fault you decided to stalk me all the way here. Nobody else woulda heard." Not that she cared to begin with. "If ya wanna join just join, better than just standing there and staring out like like a creepy bastard."

Bourke ✩ Kaitore

He gave a wolfish grin that stretched easily at the mere sight of the blush that had overridden at her cheeks. ""Ahaha, you're cute when you blush. Of course, I didn't make anything sound in anyway. If you heard it that way. . . Maybe that's the way you wanted to take it?" Travis shrugged as he laughed lightly while twisting the possibility of it sounding dirty on her own potential thoughts and desires. "The blush does say a lot about that too." A hand pressed on his chin and a slight tilt of his head shifted while an inquisitive gaze settled on the brunette. Trying to sell the appearance that he'd been thinking on whether or not it had originally stemmed from her or not. 

A snort cut through his nostrils. "Stalking you, am I now? You sure have some strange fantasies about me, Amber." His head gently shook to imply a sense of disbelief that she'd even consider such a thing. "I wasn't standing there all that long. You're just really easy to spot. But Merlin's starry robes. . . I didn't think you'd want to see me take off my shirt -that- badly." Not that he had intended to do that in the first place, the last thing he truly had wanted to do was reveal any unnatural scars. It had already been bad enough that some of it stretched towards nearly hard to hide places like lower down his bicep, further along the shoulder blade. 

Travis made his way towards the water side and leaned down for a moment to course a hand through the liquid. It had been surprising surprisingly cool to the touch, there had been a good reason why many people used this area to try and keep the heat off the touch of their skin as best as possible in the waters. When he stood up once more he'd flick the remnants of droplets towards Amber playfully. "And for your info, I had found the water pretty captivating. Spotting you had been more of a side-effect." She hadn't been harsh to look at either, maybe he should have been checking her out more than the water itself. 

The mere verbal confirmation that Amber was blushing increased said plight tenfold instantly. Her cheeks felt like they had combusted. The embarrassment earned Travis a half-hearted glare. Taking a deep breath, she dipped her head underwater to cool off while re-approaching the shore. 'Stupid god damn teasing. Get a hold of yourself, girl...'

As she resurfaced, the blush was mostly gone. Feeling her cheeks cool from the water, she sighed in relief - until she was greeted by further relentless teasing, of course. The jokes were back in full force, and so was her embarrassment.

"Don't flatter yourself." She managed to get out before a few specks of water hit her face, which made her shake her head roughly for the second time in less than two minutes. Her response? Have her hand lunge a disproportionately massive chunk of water at him from the creek, of course.

"This is a side-effect too, you... creepo!" It wasn't even a word, but it would have to do!

Bourke ✩ Kaitore

Golden opportunities, it had been worth it just to see her reaction and the effect that he held on her. He needed to tease her much more often than he usually did, especially if it made her so flustered. It forged a smile on his face that bred a self-satisfaction towards the entire ordeal. The glare alone felt as if it hadn't been in full force, was she genuinely liking it? A hand rubbed along the side of his cheek in thought of that potential chance as well, it had been a temptation that was hard to ignore in every way for the young man and his ways. 

"I'm not flattering me, but you sure are. I didn't even know you stared and glared at me in that kind of way. Do you do that often? Just wondering if I'll point out you're doing with that redness that's in your cheeks?" He tilted his head quizzically, as if it had been a serious question rather than just another way to poke and tease at the Spencer. The movement of the water caught his eyes as he stood there getting splashed from the wave that had been curved upwards from the forceful motion. A sigh surfaced as he shook his head lightly. "You want me stripped -that- badly that you had to get me all drenched, Ams? Really? Well. . . Okay.

Travis started to shrug, he'd expected her to stop him at some point as he started to pull off his shoes first, drawing out the time and chance for her to say something. Amongst trying to test if she had any more reactions after all the playfulness that had been spouted. The edge of his hands slid along his belt as if he started to fiddle with that one next. "And you call -me- the creepo, you have some really awkward fantasies that you try to project on me here!"

"You're delusional." Curse whatever sort of trauma made Amber hopelessly attracted to being embarrassed in such a way. Her older cousin already made sure to make her go through hell at every family meeting. Would she had to evade Travis as well now? She'd been a victim to his teasing before, but it was easier to manage in a group setting than being alone out in the woods in a very compromising outfit. "And that's the only way you'll ever get wet. You're welcome!" She had to combat it in some way, bring herself to reality. Using the same line of joke was the only weapon she had left, even if she felt awkward about it.

Figuring he'd say something about her getting too close as he stripped, Amber wisely decided to stop swimming to shore halfway there, and actually moved backwards a bit. She was sort of glad the water was cool over being shielded by tree tops, knowing her whole body would be on fire due to a blush from head to toe if it weren't for its temperature. "Me? Fantasies? Says the gigolo wannabe. I have standards, ya know?"

The more she thought about it, the more she realized she really, really didn't. Not that anybody had to know that, of course. 'Does masochism count as a standard?'

Bourke ✩ Kaitore

"Defensive, You do know what people say about others being overly defensive, yea? They most likely like it more than they want to tell others."  Maybe he should let up slightly? But the nectar from the tree had been just too sweet to give up this rare opportunity without much of a fight. Her reshaped retort towards him pushed a laughter out of him. "Really? Come on, you should have come up with something better than that."  He weaved the wet hand through his hair as it slicked back from the moisture for a moment. "I even would have accepted 'Sucks that the water is the only think that will touch you.' What you said just makes it sound like you're happy that you used the water to do it." Not really, but changing things around seemed to be the gimmick for the moment. 

She hadn't stopped him in anyway which made his eyebrow twitch upwards. A hum pulsed from him on whether or not he wanted to push this joke much further, it'd have revealed too much that questions would abound and that hadn't been the route he wanted to take. "Gigolo? Me? Hardly, do you think if I really had that life I'd be hanging out here?" Even a wannabe had some woman ready to open up a cooling pool for them. His hand raised up as he stopped fiddling with his belt, leaving it buckled and just gave a dismissive wave. "Standards? You were just going to sit back and watch me strip, I don't think you can really take that stance there.

Travis rolled his eyes playfully and pulled the legs of his pants up just above the ankles and pressed them into the edge of the creek while he started to sit down. He sighed softly while his eyes closed and he rubbed the back of his neck. All that tit-for-tat had begun to wear on him a bit and he needed to take a bit of a rest. "Aaah, I guess I can give you a bit of a break. Can't have you suddenly start to have an angry fit or something. Even with all of your hurtful comments. My widdle heart hurts." He hadn't been too harmed by it in truth, people were entitled towards their own views of him. The more they told themselves he was some form of danger the better things would be in general, the safer people could be in his mind. 

Amber rolled her eyes with the accusation. The embarrassment deepened but she did her best not to let it show - becoming mostly unresponsive at the quips might prove effective. It wasn't really effective with Evelyn, but she had to keep trying, right? Travis was a completely different person, after all. Maybe he'd drop the bone before her instinct to flee kicked in. Instead she let herself sink into the water just enough so her nostrils were covered, bubbles of air surfacing near her face - it resembled a boiling pot at that point.

Contrary to the effect all the verbal slaughter was getting out of her, the fact Travis was stripping in front of her wasn't affecting her in the least. She had grappled with far too many muscly men wearing nothing but briefs - even if the teenager himself was quite lean, it didn't have much of an effect on her. In fact, she took the opportunity to let the blush simmer down and fully resurfaced.

"Angry fit? Me? C'mon. Also, damn, you're fit." She threw in the honest compliment. She hadn't seen the boy in anything less than a school uniform before and looked quite impressed. "What's your secret? I don't think I've ever seen you at the gym. You go during different hours?" Couldn't be much later, they had a curfew. Maybe he just went during the days she went to Melbourne? Yeah, that was probably it.

Bourke ✩ Kaitore

Travis chuckled lightly. "The little embarrassed teapot." He murmured more towards himself while he smoothed out his shirt and made sure that his pants were firmly buttoned and kept at his waist. His feet slightly shifted through the water, disturbing it as he kept his gaze focused on the clear liquid. It had been cool and to some extent pretty relaxing to him. His hand weaved through his hand and a sigh of relief formed from him. "Don't go dunking your hand too deep in. I might think you're actually being effected more than you're pretending to not be. " Whether it had a profound effect on her in that regard he wasn't sure but guesswork made the test worth it in his opinion. 

"Eh. . .?" An eyebrow raised up in curiosity at the compliment, it counted as it compliment, right? Though it had been more of an issue to him as he never showed much sign of working out as most typical Bourke members. Even his roommate couldn't really peg whether or not the young man belonged amongst the House. "I don't touch the gym, way too many juicing muscle men there. The whole flexing and sweating thing. . . That's just awkward and weird in any atmosphere!" Both of his arms rested on the edge of his legs while he leaned forward and traced the tips of his nails through the water. "I uh. . . Have a monthly regiment that I do. Pretty intense, not something for people to really take up. I wouldn't recommend it at all, honestly. Wouldn't help you out at all. You keep doing what you're doing. You've much better abs to look at.

His hand rose up and he offered a thumbs up, a congratulatory compliment on whatever hard work that she had put herself through. At the very least it meant that he could keep his cover for just a bit longer. "Just don't go staring longingly when I walk by now, I don't think it'd look good if you just start mumble 'Damn that body. . .' Someone might think you're smitten!" Another playful tease had been made while his hand pressed deeper into the water. "So, what, you spend every bit your free time training or something? Or is this water jumping more for pleasure than practice?

Amber would have agreed at one point in her life with Travis' outlook of gym goers, but at that point she had grown desensitized - besides, in her line of work, she had to deal with said juicers on a daily basis anyway. If she let that get to her, she'd be dead on arrival. Though she didn't much appreciate when the odd shady person tried to get her hooked on the stuff. She was just fifteen years old, for crying out loud! They should at least wait until she wasn't underage anymore, it would be less creepy then (even if still quite blatantly illegal).

Amber reflexively looked down once her abdominal muscles were complimented as if to look at them, only to remind herself she was very much in the water. Shaking her head at her own stupidity, she looked back up at Travis. She regretted doing so because, as soon as she did, she was greeted by another of those infernal teases of his. As if on cue, her face turned scarlet. It was perhaps a blessing that he didn't linger too much on that, it would allow her time to recover.

"...Pleasure." She managed to get the word out of her throat eventually. "It's my day off of working out and there was no Quidditch practice. My body's dying but I was bored so I came here instead. The heat helped in that decision." She didn't want to know what she would look like if baked under the sun. She was already somewhat tanned as it was, but that didn't exactly help in the whole 'temperature' department.

"Guess I coulda stayed home but I'd rather do solo activities at night. Daylight is for outdoor fun. Besides, Sam's not allowed to leave campus, Meadow's studying who knows what for some god forsaken reason and I don't even know where in this blistering hell on Earth Mairead 'n Alyona are. Sometimes y'just gotta make your own fun." Now that she thought about it, why didn't she go to Travis? That felt like such an obvious go-to in that situation. Her eyebrows furrowed and her head tilted ever so slightly with the thought. Maybe she should keep that in mind for next time. 'Or maybe I shouldn't be so god damn forgetful all the damn time. Idiot.'

Bourke ✩ Kaitore

"Ahahaha, dawh, brightened already?" He teased and crossed his arms for a moment. "I think from now on, I shall call you Red. It's practically your skin color today." The way she had set things had made it too tempting to resist the easy sniping. At some point he had expected himself to try and give her some sweet release from it all by stopping. But that tunnel didn't have any light at the end for the moment and he'd been too focused on cruise mode to let it get there so quickly. "Man, you're becoming more of a target by the second. I almost am starting to feel bad doing it. -Almost-." Travis then shined a very toothy grin. 

Her explaination didn't do much favors for her in this route either. "Pleasure in the waters, eh? With your body dying of boredom at that. My. . . You're awfully forward about your intimate activity, Red Ams." His hand rose up and rubbed at the edge of his cheek to feign a sense of bashfulness. "I. . . I don't think I'm ready for such imagery!" Then came that exaggerated shaky sigh as if he'd come to some form of resolution to a great problem presented before himself. "I suppose I can... But, no, no! I'm just not ready at all yet!" If there had been a proper drama club in the school? He'd have had to sign up for this kind of a performance he'd been putting on just for the sake of embarassing the tanned young girl. 

"Solo at night and then Outdoor exposures? Aren't you the gutsy little minx with it! I don't know if even I would consider going that far." Travis' hand rose up and he started to fan himself, giving more towards the playfulness of that non-existent heat being raised in his cheeks. "With both Sam AND Meadow too?! You're getting around these days too! You little freak."It couldn't be held in anymore and he had started to burst out laugh as the two extra names were added on to those she'd hang out with. Though he made sure to make everything sound anything -but- innocent. "Now I can see why I would never be considered. It's alright! I'll nurse my hurt feelings somehow!" A casual shrug had been offered  as if he hadn't just made the many bawdy insinuations that he had. "You know, you could have always practiced your Quidditich at the field too without any sanction. A few of the Bourke muscle heads do that pretty often. Often enough, anyways."

The moment Travis went back into his teasing ways, he was greeted by another oversized splash - courtesy of Amber's hand. At that point, she wasn't only embarrassed; she was visibly upset. Would he let it go? There was such thing as a limit, and the Spencer was reaching hers. The argument could be made for Amber being a masochist but she still needed time to breathe after all. He was not granting her that, and she felt very compelled to just leave.

"...Yeah, well." She managed to calm herself down just enough to speak. It was Travis' normal behavior after all - she shouldn't get too enraged over it. Right? "Whenever your Bourke 'muscle heads' come over during our training sessions, we kick 'em out. That's what reservin' the field is for. You're not supposed to train with the enemy." Strategies weren't meant to be shared and they liked the element of surprise when it came to the actual cup matches. It was all over for the year but a lot of the strategies passed on from year to year. It wouldn't be a good idea to train together even then.

Bourke ✩ Kaitore

Travis just say there as the wave made splashed against his stomach and everything below his waist. His expression twisted to non-vocally ask, 'Really?'. If she didn't make her mug such an irresistible target when she'd stated stuff she probably wouldn't take as many hits as she did. Alas, some people never learned to temper their own mind or words enough. Looking at her, she probably had been more worried about he physical build up than anything else. He considered a firm retaliation of a splash and the urge to do so only seemed to grow. He shifted the way he'd been sitting on the edge, tucking knees in against the ground and leaned forward with a hand pressed into the water and an eased inhale from his nostrils. Then it came, the full force of his strength behind the wave as he tossed one of heavy volume towards Amber. 

A grin of amusement touched his face as he stood up and gently shook droplets of water off of his fingers. " 'You're not supposed to train with the enemy' , You do realize there is a SCHOOL team, right? They probably all know one another's moves, quirks, and playbooks. Kind of hard to work with people you think and know are holding out on you when you really need the big guns." Then again, it could have been quite possible that she'd only been interested in the House aspect. Which made the idea a bit more laughable to him in his mind. "And, enemy? Really? Aren't you trying a bit too hard there to make that some kind of 'worthy rival' bit? If anything you're probably better off saying that about Penrose or Greyheme." Both of his hands pressed into the depth of his pockets while he scanned the surface of the water. "Also, sometimes, you need to be in your enemies territory to really understand their full quirks. The benefit of having a mind, you can decipher the small little strands to your own benefit. Adapt.

"I've never been in the school team, how should I know?" The brunette spoke. It was something that deeply irritated her - she had never had the opportunity as other Seekers in fellow teams were always her seniors, having proved themselves in the Quidditch fields for far longer than Amber had. Even if she was remarkably agile and enduring, she still lagged behind when it came to experience. Besides, the others tended to have a better head on their shoulders, while Amber herself didn't mind playing headless if it came down to it.

"We can learn their stuff but they'll learn ours too. And we always study crap by watching their games anyway." Could Amber even make training sessions with the other teams with her type of schedule? It sounded like suicide - and that wasn't even accounting for the strain it would put on her body. "Doesn't matter. I'm not gonna hit the field sopping wet. Besides, it's way too hot, y'know? Wouldja rather fly under the unforgiving sun or chill in these waters?" Very chilly waters, due to the foliage cover just above them. The one place of respite in all of Narragyambie that day, as far as she was concerned.

Bourke ✩ Kaitore

"Sounds like a wasted chance, Ams." He couldn't figure out why she wouldn't jump on the School Team train, there could be a number of reasons but none that he could see has feasible. A soft hum resonated in his throat as he leaned forward and both hands pressed firmly on his thighs. "Let's see. . . Afraid they won't like your super dedicated training methods?" A playful shot in the dark as his head shook and a gentle shrug formed from his shoulders. "Why not try for it? Bet you'd be pretty good with the amount of effort you put things into that you care about." At the very least, he'd been going on the amount of times he'd seen her training more than anything else even if it had been for the sake of keeping cool she turned this very evening to a way to train herself until he popped along. "Unless you're not too confident about that kind of next level thing. I mean, I get it, it can be pretty intimidating, right? Already challenging in a persons own House but when you mash them together as 'The best in the School to face another best in the School' that's when it can probably be palm sweat inducing.

Or did she glisten instead of sweat? He never really paid attention to those kind of minute details. 

"Oh, look, you're proving my point even more!" Travis' hand lifted up as if to showcase a 'Tangible' point that had been being built up. "I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind you showing up sop and wet, Amber. Though I don't think you'd want that many admiring eyes peering down on you." A genuine compliment of her figure, he hadn't always been a teaser in the moment. "Neither really bother me, honestly. I wear long sleeved shirts year round, you know." The tip of his finger slid along the long sleeved shirt, even if it had been very thin to offer a bit of coverage from the sun itself, he'd never worn short-sleeved shirts since his start at Tallygarunga. "I usually go swimming alone anyways, never in front of other people." Well, almost never depending on if he could get away with keeping mostly covered. 

Amber rolled her eyes at the blatant tease and sighed in frustration. There it was again, she couldn't escape it. It was getting a bit grating, but she just had to endure it. It was the same every time with her blonde devil of a cousin anyway. Surely she could survive this.

"I've tried out for that team, you dumbass." Amber barked back once he was done, tired of being chastised over something she had no power over. "Here's a reminder that even if I'm good, I'm still a newbie in comparison to every other team's seniors. They picked some other dude instead. They want seasoned folks, y'know? I have to grind for a couple more years or so before they consider me." Then again, those 'seniors' would be turning in their gloves soon, right? Graduation was a thing. Maybe she should try out again the following year. With more than a few wins under her belt already they would surely give her another chance, right?

"Besides, before, I still had amateur wrestling competitions to attend." She continued. "Kinda helped that I didn't have to destroy my body over additional events. My 'legendary endurance' only goes so far, mate." Not entirely true, but having that team to take care of wouldn't make the ridiculous strain she gleefully took on a daily basis that much better. Good thing she quit.

Bourke ✩ Kaitore

"Triggered." He simply stated to the woman's sudden outburst. He tended to forget questions often overloaded the minds of those sports oriented, something he seen as more of just circumstance rather than the 'Golden rule' of dealing with those types. 

"I don't know if they're judging purely on seasoned people. I haven seen tons of 'newbies' take up a slot where 'seasoned' people were left out." Maybe it had more to do with her attitude, he wouldn't put it passed that idea or notion. Most coaches don't want just the 'best players' they wanted a team player or at the very least those that can keep their head on tight when the pressure is going. "Couple of more years? You do know that those will swing by faster than you think right? It's probably more about proving yourself more than just the grind. You know, 'ra, ra, go team!'." He shrugged lightly and leaned back on his head while he closed his eyes. "Of course, I haven't really paid attention to Quidditich in the last few years or so. Doesn't really interest me enough to sit back and watch." Or to play now that he though further on it, the idea that he had been sorted into Bourke still made it all feel as if the hat had been playing some kind of prank his first year. 

"Sounds like you have this obsession of keeping your body always active. But considering you enjoy those kind of high contact sports. . . I guess it isn't too far from a jump to have that idea. Those wrestling bits can be pretty rough too. Especially when it comes to trying out gimmicks just to be a crowd pleaser." Not the sort of things Wizard's had to really worry about with magic at hand that could mend most issues through the human body, but if it had happened to be some freak accident where a magical wound had been made. . . "So, what, you plan to just stick to the House stuff until you come around to your sixth or seventh year? Then try to jump on it?"

Amber was ready to go off on Travis for the unintended implication that she just sucked, and that's why she didn't get in - or at least, that's what her mind was wandering towards without his input - when he said something that made her eyes widen like a deer in headlights. Gimmicks? Had she slipped up and revealed her side gig?

...No. She said amateur. Did he know of her side activity then? How? Did Gemini tell him? Or had he watched a show without her being aware of his presence? The girl was in a panic, and as such came the flustered excuse. "Gimmicks? The hell are you talking about? None of that scripted crap. Actual amateur wrestling! The 'your ligaments go pop because I'm purposefully squeezin' them pretty hard' kind. I used to compete in those, you know." Save! Hopefully. Her heart was, nevertheless, going a mile a second at the thought of having her little secret uncovered - to such an extent she completely forgot the inadvertently inflammatory Quidditch conversation that they were having just then.

Bourke ✩ Kaitore

Travis’ head tilted slight towards the side at the dilation that formed from her eyes. Had he said something struck some form of gold in her mind? Or had he touched on something that had been much more alarming than it had intended to be from his lips?  A casual shrug formed from his shoulders as he tossed the idea straight out of his mind.

At least until she started to speak once more, and the tone had been alarming enough to his animalistic senses. It was a sign that had almost always rang in the voices of the various guards that watched over him and the various others of his ilk when they’d been locked inside of the jails. “What. . .? Scripted? I meant like special moves that are signature to you. You know, climbing on the turnbuckle and the crowd screaming ‘AMBER BOMB! AMBER BOMB! AB SMASH!’” What in the world did she think he’d been thinking about? That she went out and acted as some alternate persona?

That was the kind of thing he couldn’t even imagine her doing. Not so much the alternate persona but managing to act and make it look good with as many tells that slipped from the easily embarrassed young woman. “You seemed awfully nervous about something. Almost as if your heart had been racing quickly from me finding out something. I wonder what. . .?” While he teased her as if he may or may not ‘know’, he knew it. He could hear it. . .

The thumping, the pulsing of the blood. It had been mentally maddening as it worked on the deeper urges that always seemed to try to claw its way to the forefront of his mind. A moment had been taken as he closed his eyes and a soft breath entered through his nostrils and exhausted through his mouth. His hands submerged into the water to dampen them and bring them to his hair to smooth it back, a way to keep himself more mentally focused, a symbolic cooling.

No need to panic. I don’t plan to unleash whatever is worrying to the public.

"...What?" Amber's eyes squinted; she was so confused as to where the conversation was going that she momentarily forgot to actually move her limbs to ensure she would stay afloat. The brunette started to sink and only noticed it when the water was dangerously close to her eyes; panicking, she flailed about in the water for several seconds before being able to stabilize herself, coughing out some water that she had just swallowed. 'Ugh...'

As soon as she regained her 'composure', it was time to fight back. 'Just play it cool.' "...Do you know what amateur wrestling is?" Turnbuckles? Powerbombs? Showboating? That was a whole other sport. "There ain't no rings, T-Bone... That's what I was doing, not 'Amber smashing' shit up or anythin'." Though 'Stark Bomb' had a ring to it, now, didn't it? She should probably practice a top rope sitout powerbomb and hopefully not break anyone's back/neck in the process. 

Bourke ✩ Kaitore

The moment she started to sink his eyes rolled in frustration, couldn't she swim and talk at the same time longer without taking the sleep with the fishes? He dived into the water, deep under, where he could use the full force of his physical capabilities and not be seen. Using the soles of his feet to press against the edge of the raised ground and propel himself towards Amber's location, able to pick out the panicked flailing with ease. An arm wrapped around her abs where the edges of his sharp nails settled right at the side of her waist but never piercing, his other hand pushed out the water and dug the nails into the ground and pulled himself like a human chain. His head popped out of the water with barely even a gasp as if his lungs had barely been stressed. "For the love of Merlin, Amber. . .

At times it felt like he'd been dealing with a six year old when it came to the Spencer, which hadn't been at all a flattering compliment given the circumstances. When it seemed she had stabilized herself for the most part without the need of his assistance he'd release his hold and climb out of the water, fully drenched head from toe which pushed a slightly irritated sigh. He couldn't even remove the damn things to be dried out from the heat on some nearby branch or something. "Great. . . It's going to be sopping wet run home. . ." He hated this part of himself, that sense of 'care' that he held even though he wanted to distance himself from people. This wasn't helping any plans he had for this year what so ever. 

"Hm?" It seemed she'd even gained a bit of her bite back, attention turned towards her with a slight tilt of his head. "Can't say that I do. Not my kind of thing to pay attention to. I tend to avoid things I would be flawless in, honestly." Perhaps if he disguised the real reason behind cockiness it would make for a good excuse. "Is that what got you so worked up that you suddenly stopped wading?"