School Status:
Ending Term 4

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ House Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro WrestlerKirupachi
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

The summer was less than one week away but the heat had been making itself known for a while, in between bursts of rain and storms. That day was one of those blistering hot days when even dung beetles thought it was too much for them and sought shelter. Amber Cross, however, wasn't half as bright as those little critters. She headed out without even bothering to put sunscreen on.

It was was her official rest day - as such, she had no sports activities scheduled, not even her regular upkeep. However, just because it was a rest day, it didn't mean that Amber knew how to stop. In her brilliance (or lack of self preservation) she decided that, despite her aching muscles, it was time for a good cardio workout - swimming. She decided to make her way to Korrowi Creek. She knew a place that was deep enough to dive into without much trouble, and since it had been raining lately it was probably at a high water level for a change.

For once in her life, her complete disregard for common sense paid off. The water looked inviting and the area was deserted in general. Setting her bag down under a tree right by the shore of the creek, the girl proceeded to remove her bracelets and her cap, along with everything else until she was down to her swimwear. After a last glance at the water she smirked confidently to herself, having yet another reckless idea.

She could be seen nimbly climbing up the same tree's trunk - it was a rather thick specimen, with strong branches stretching out just above the creek itself. With trained balance she perched herself over one such branch, and after a moment she carefully made her way to the end of it - at least, to the furthest part that could still hold her weight. At that point she stood up, looking at the water below.

"Here goes nothing. Woohoo!" The daredevil jumped off of her high ground, tucked her legs and cannonballed herself into the water, causing a loud, wide splash on impact. 'Hell yeah, cool water!'

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year Guest
17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

Sluggish and weariness, that had been the very definition of how Travis had been feeling today. The worse part is it had very little to do with the sun or the heat that had beat down in the moment. Truthfully, it hadn't even been a factor in how rundown he'd been feeling with slightly pale skin and the expression of someone who hadn't gotten a proper nights sleep in the fast few days. He knew what this would mean, the doors were growing fast and he had only few more of them before the real pain of everything would accumulate into one show of beastly ferocity. 

Until those monthly days came along he sought out ways to try and place himself into some comfort. This is where the creak and it's water would in handy, the sheer presence of nature seemed to place many of the urges that tried to surface in the build up days to a calm. Taking off his bag he settled it right at the edge of the creek and kneeled next to it where he'd stare at his reflection. At times he wondered when the pain would eventually stop, when the moment where he could have some form of normal existence somehow. Wishful thinking for those cursed by the moon and her howling kin that changed under it's most powerful moment. 

Just as he'd been about to reach his hand out towards the water it halted, ears twitched at the sound of a somewhat familiar voice and the crash of water splitting just further down the stream. A shiver ran through his body while the tip of his tongue glided along the presence of his teeth -  those ever presence urges for raw meat called out into his mind. The animal inside had never the opportunity to truly feast, something that Travis had been adamant on keeping under control as long as he still had every inch of his faculties. He'd been lucky enough to be gifted with the tendencies of the more mild kind of Wolf-kin and yet it didn't mean he had been immune to such urges. Just that it didn't hold as much sway for his attitude in strange bursts. 

He followed the voice, listening to the sound of the breathing and the smell itself that couldn't entirely be covered up by the fresh sense of the water. Eyes drifted towards the pile of clothes that laid on the ground nearby and then the top of the head of the brunette, Amber. "You know, if you're going to let everyone know you're here. . . You could just scream out 'HEY GUYS, IT'S ME AMBER!'." Travis offered his trademark cool smile as he looked towards her, hands pressed deep into the pockets of his shorts. "And getting all wet without anyone around? That's just mean. You should have invited more people to swim around. Selfish~."

The temperature shock sent a shiver down Amber's spine, but for once it was welcomed - better endure a little cold that would go away soon than becoming sidewalk barbecue like everyone else. It didn't take her too long to resurface, her head peeking out of the water as she maintained herself in the same place. She shook it roughly as means to get some of the water out of her nose, as she felt it starting to itch.

"Huh?" Hearing someone, she glanced at where the voice was coming from, her eyes ultimately landing on Travis. "How... Why would you even make this sound perverse?!" She protested, feeling a very counterproductive blush rise in her cheeks and heat up her face, almost fighting the effort she had put into cooling off.

Minimally recovering her composure, she swam to the shore - not that she was far from it to begin with anyway. "This place is pretty deserted, ya know. It's not my fault you decided to stalk me all the way here. Nobody else woulda heard." Not that she cared to begin with. "If ya wanna join just join, better than just standing there and staring out like like a creepy bastard."

He gave a wolfish grin that stretched easily at the mere sight of the blush that had overridden at her cheeks. ""Ahaha, you're cute when you blush. Of course, I didn't make anything sound in anyway. If you heard it that way. . . Maybe that's the way you wanted to take it?" Travis shrugged as he laughed lightly while twisting the possibility of it sounding dirty on her own potential thoughts and desires. "The blush does say a lot about that too." A hand pressed on his chin and a slight tilt of his head shifted while an inquisitive gaze settled on the brunette. Trying to sell the appearance that he'd been thinking on whether or not it had originally stemmed from her or not. 

A snort cut through his nostrils. "Stalking you, am I now? You sure have some strange fantasies about me, Amber." His head gently shook to imply a sense of disbelief that she'd even consider such a thing. "I wasn't standing there all that long. You're just really easy to spot. But Merlin's starry robes. . . I didn't think you'd want to see me take off my shirt -that- badly." Not that he had intended to do that in the first place, the last thing he truly had wanted to do was reveal any unnatural scars. It had already been bad enough that some of it stretched towards nearly hard to hide places like lower down his bicep, further along the shoulder blade. 

Travis made his way towards the water side and leaned down for a moment to course a hand through the liquid. It had been surprising surprisingly cool to the touch, there had been a good reason why many people used this area to try and keep the heat off the touch of their skin as best as possible in the waters. When he stood up once more he'd flick the remnants of droplets towards Amber playfully. "And for your info, I had found the water pretty captivating. Spotting you had been more of a side-effect." She hadn't been harsh to look at either, maybe he should have been checking her out more than the water itself. 

The mere verbal confirmation that Amber was blushing increased said plight tenfold instantly. Her cheeks felt like they had combusted. The embarrassment earned Travis a half-hearted glare. Taking a deep breath, she dipped her head underwater to cool off while re-approaching the shore. 'Stupid god damn teasing. Get a hold of yourself, girl...'

As she resurfaced, the blush was mostly gone. Feeling her cheeks cool from the water, she sighed in relief - until she was greeted by further relentless teasing, of course. The jokes were back in full force, and so was her embarrassment.

"Don't flatter yourself." She managed to get out before a few specks of water hit her face, which made her shake her head roughly for the second time in less than two minutes. Her response? Have her hand lunge a disproportionately massive chunk of water at him from the creek, of course.

"This is a side-effect too, you... creepo!" It wasn't even a word, but it would have to do!

Golden opportunities, it had been worth it just to see her reaction and the effect that he held on her. He needed to tease her much more often than he usually did, especially if it made her so flustered. It forged a smile on his face that bred a self-satisfaction towards the entire ordeal. The glare alone felt as if it hadn't been in full force, was she genuinely liking it? A hand rubbed along the side of his cheek in thought of that potential chance as well, it had been a temptation that was hard to ignore in every way for the young man and his ways. 

"I'm not flattering me, but you sure are. I didn't even know you stared and glared at me in that kind of way. Do you do that often? Just wondering if I'll point out you're doing with that redness that's in your cheeks?" He tilted his head quizzically, as if it had been a serious question rather than just another way to poke and tease at the Spencer. The movement of the water caught his eyes as he stood there getting splashed from the wave that had been curved upwards from the forceful motion. A sigh surfaced as he shook his head lightly. "You want me stripped -that- badly that you had to get me all drenched, Ams? Really? Well. . . Okay.

Travis started to shrug, he'd expected her to stop him at some point as he started to pull off his shoes first, drawing out the time and chance for her to say something. Amongst trying to test if she had any more reactions after all the playfulness that had been spouted. The edge of his hands slid along his belt as if he started to fiddle with that one next. "And you call -me- the creepo, you have some really awkward fantasies that you try to project on me here!"

"You're delusional." Curse whatever sort of trauma made Amber hopelessly attracted to being embarrassed in such a way. Her older cousin already made sure to make her go through hell at every family meeting. Would she had to evade Travis as well now? She'd been a victim to his teasing before, but it was easier to manage in a group setting than being alone out in the woods in a very compromising outfit. "And that's the only way you'll ever get wet. You're welcome!" She had to combat it in some way, bring herself to reality. Using the same line of joke was the only weapon she had left, even if she felt awkward about it.

Figuring he'd say something about her getting too close as he stripped, Amber wisely decided to stop swimming to shore halfway there, and actually moved backwards a bit. She was sort of glad the water was cool over being shielded by tree tops, knowing her whole body would be on fire due to a blush from head to toe if it weren't for its temperature. "Me? Fantasies? Says the gigolo wannabe. I have standards, ya know?"

The more she thought about it, the more she realized she really, really didn't. Not that anybody had to know that, of course. 'Does masochism count as a standard?'

"Defensive, You do know what people say about others being overly defensive, yea? They most likely like it more than they want to tell others."  Maybe he should let up slightly? But the nectar from the tree had been just too sweet to give up this rare opportunity without much of a fight. Her reshaped retort towards him pushed a laughter out of him. "Really? Come on, you should have come up with something better than that."  He weaved the wet hand through his hair as it slicked back from the moisture for a moment. "I even would have accepted 'Sucks that the water is the only think that will touch you.' What you said just makes it sound like you're happy that you used the water to do it." Not really, but changing things around seemed to be the gimmick for the moment. 

She hadn't stopped him in anyway which made his eyebrow twitch upwards. A hum pulsed from him on whether or not he wanted to push this joke much further, it'd have revealed too much that questions would abound and that hadn't been the route he wanted to take. "Gigolo? Me? Hardly, do you think if I really had that life I'd be hanging out here?" Even a wannabe had some woman ready to open up a cooling pool for them. His hand raised up as he stopped fiddling with his belt, leaving it buckled and just gave a dismissive wave. "Standards? You were just going to sit back and watch me strip, I don't think you can really take that stance there.

Travis rolled his eyes playfully and pulled the legs of his pants up just above the ankles and pressed them into the edge of the creek while he started to sit down. He sighed softly while his eyes closed and he rubbed the back of his neck. All that tit-for-tat had begun to wear on him a bit and he needed to take a bit of a rest. "Aaah, I guess I can give you a bit of a break. Can't have you suddenly start to have an angry fit or something. Even with all of your hurtful comments. My widdle heart hurts." He hadn't been too harmed by it in truth, people were entitled towards their own views of him. The more they told themselves he was some form of danger the better things would be in general, the safer people could be in his mind. 

Amber rolled her eyes with the accusation. The embarrassment deepened but she did her best not to let it show - becoming mostly unresponsive at the quips might prove effective. It wasn't really effective with Evelyn, but she had to keep trying, right? Travis was a completely different person, after all. Maybe he'd drop the bone before her instinct to flee kicked in. Instead she let herself sink into the water just enough so her nostrils were covered, bubbles of air surfacing near her face - it resembled a boiling pot at that point.

Contrary to the effect all the verbal slaughter was getting out of her, the fact Travis was stripping in front of her wasn't affecting her in the least. She had grappled with far too many muscly men wearing nothing but briefs - even if the teenager himself was quite lean, it didn't have much of an effect on her. In fact, she took the opportunity to let the blush simmer down and fully resurfaced.

"Angry fit? Me? C'mon. Also, damn, you're fit." She threw in the honest compliment. She hadn't seen the boy in anything less than a school uniform before and looked quite impressed. "What's your secret? I don't think I've ever seen you at the gym. You go during different hours?" Couldn't be much later, they had a curfew. Maybe he just went during the days she went to Melbourne? Yeah, that was probably it.

Travis chuckled lightly. "The little embarrassed teapot." He murmured more towards himself while he smoothed out his shirt and made sure that his pants were firmly buttoned and kept at his waist. His feet slightly shifted through the water, disturbing it as he kept his gaze focused on the clear liquid. It had been cool and to some extent pretty relaxing to him. His hand weaved through his hand and a sigh of relief formed from him. "Don't go dunking your hand too deep in. I might think you're actually being effected more than you're pretending to not be. " Whether it had a profound effect on her in that regard he wasn't sure but guesswork made the test worth it in his opinion. 

"Eh. . .?" An eyebrow raised up in curiosity at the compliment, it counted as it compliment, right? Though it had been more of an issue to him as he never showed much sign of working out as most typical Bourke members. Even his roommate couldn't really peg whether or not the young man belonged amongst the House. "I don't touch the gym, way too many juicing muscle men there. The whole flexing and sweating thing. . . That's just awkward and weird in any atmosphere!" Both of his arms rested on the edge of his legs while he leaned forward and traced the tips of his nails through the water. "I uh. . . Have a monthly regiment that I do. Pretty intense, not something for people to really take up. I wouldn't recommend it at all, honestly. Wouldn't help you out at all. You keep doing what you're doing. You've much better abs to look at.

His hand rose up and he offered a thumbs up, a congratulatory compliment on whatever hard work that she had put herself through. At the very least it meant that he could keep his cover for just a bit longer. "Just don't go staring longingly when I walk by now, I don't think it'd look good if you just start mumble 'Damn that body. . .' Someone might think you're smitten!" Another playful tease had been made while his hand pressed deeper into the water. "So, what, you spend every bit your free time training or something? Or is this water jumping more for pleasure than practice?