School Status:
Ending Term 4

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Sturt Guest

So this was Tallygarunga.

Lauren was familiar with it, but not from the perspective of someone actually living within its walls. She had spent some time in her dorm, getting things to how she liked them. Having belongings was a new thing to her, and having them arranged in a very precise and particular way was suddenly important. After a lot of fiddling (lack of magic be damned, it would have been much easier!) she finally got things to look right, and headed out to explore the rest of the school.

Naturally, she avoided the library. And the Gawler Building. Running into either of her parents would be a little awkward, she felt, especially if it was the woman supposed to be her mother. So she headed for a place where she felt she would best be able to meet and assess her fellow classmates, the all-houses games room.

And... it was empty for now. Not bothered by this, Lauren busied herself about the room. There was a lot of clutter in here, and it just needed a little organising. Some of these pictures were quite terrible and needed to come down, and whatever that was in the corner needed to go straight to the trash. Reading through decor magazines had given Lauren terribly high standards, and she figured that this (like her room in her father's worn down house) could only benefit from a little facelift.

She was doing a community service here, and over the course of an hour or so, she had completely rearranged the room to her liking. At least, as much as she could without changing anything too much, but it was a start. A giant pile of rubbish spilled over in the bin, some of it (projects in the works, books, journals, and other personal effects) may not have been rubbish, but in Lauren's eyes it was all unnecessary clutter. It had to go.

Satisfied that she had done the best she could, Lauren perched herself in an armchair at the center of the room. One leg crossed over the other, she opened a book and began to peruse more inspiration for her bedroom. And perhaps ideas for improving this room too, she was sure that her father would allow her to. He did want her to be happy here.

But for now, Lauren just waited for her classmates to come and admire her work, pay their respects and give her the accolades she was due.

• LOL 1

Spencer ☆ Fifth Year ☆ House Quidditch Team Seeker, Pro WrestlerKirupachi
15 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

It didn't take too long before classes finished. Unluckily for Amber, the Astronomy teacher decided to put rather heavy workload on the students for the following class - although one could debate this claim, as Amber was to type to firmly believe any and all homework was too much. She geek in her loved the subject to death, but by god, did she hate theory in general. That was why every other subject she had (save for Muggle Studies, of course) was practical.

The library had always been too quiet a place for her to work in. She didn't want to go home either even if she could blast music out her speakers while Sibylla wasn't home, so her place of choice for that day was the school's games room. She knew it would be fairly empty since the various club activities would be taking place soon (thank goodness it wasn't a Spencer Quidditch training day), but she hoped Travis or Amy would drop by at some point eventually. Neither was enrolled in the subject as far as she knew, but they were more knowledgeable asleep than she was when wide awake.

The light footed teen jogged her way down from the astronomy tower to her destination of choice, although she came to a screeching halt the moment she stepped into the room. Her belongings loudly shuffled in the backpack hanging from her left shoulder with the sudden stop. "The hell?"

Amber's gaze flitted across the room. It felt empty, and it wasn't because it was mostly devoid of people - rather, it was as if someone had taken all that made the room what it was and threw it in the trash. A few seconds of scanning made her realize that the assumption turned out to be quite literally true, finding the grossly overfilled bin struggling to contain everyone else's belongings. '...I do most of my crap at home, yay...?'

Eventually she noticed a fellow teen, reading a book. The sole resident of the room. She had never seen her before, but the coloring details of the uniform revealed that she was a Sturt. The girl didn't seem to have a care in the world - for as dumb as Amber thought she could be, she wasn't dense enough not to make the connection she was the culprit. 'Why am I not surprised?' She thought to herself. A lot of students would be pissed off at the room rearrangement, even staff. It didn't bother Amber, per se, but she didn't want to be inadvertently caught in what would soon become a battle arena.

"Uh... Did I just walk into a soon to be bloodbath or something?" She decided to voice her thoughts, scratching the top of her head through her baseball cap as she did. "Nice taste in decor and all, but I don't think it's gonna be worth havin' your head ripped off by a dozen pissed off teenagers."

Sturt Guest

Lauren looked up from her magazine as the girl spoke, with all the grace and self-assuredness of a queen. She didn't answer straight away, merely took in the other girl's appearance, as if assessing whether this creature belonged in her perfectly curated room here. Not really if she was being honest, especially with that language and that... rough manner. She raised a hand, primly closing the magazine on her knee.

"Why should anyone choose to---as you say, 'rip my head off'?" she asked, lips pursed in a thin frown at the very idea. Lauren couldn't grasp that others may not enjoy her minimalist approach to decorating, or that some people were using the items she had so casually tossed away. "Daddy said to make myself comfortable. I think he will be quite impressed with my efforts here, if anyone should object---he will see to it."

The gaze that she levelled at Amber was a challenge. It dared the other girl to disagree, to find out for herself just how legitimate Lauren's claim to the "throne" was. As a new student, Lauren knew it was important to establish dominance. She had the connections, why not use them? Lauren didn't even bother telling Amber who her father was, she merely expected the girl to know. 

"You may remain," she 'allowed' Amber to stay in the room as if her haughty self had a right to decide one way or another. "But leave the terrible bag outside. It offends me."

• LOL 1

"What?" Amber found herself asking on reflex as Lauren's gaze scanned her. For some reason, it made her uncharacteristically uncomfortable - as if she was being scrutinized for  no good reason. Last she checked she didn't stain her clothes nor had something on her face, so what could possibly hold her attention like that?

As the girl mentioned her 'daddy' gave her permission to do such a thing, or so it was implied, Amber wondered if Lauren was the daughter of a staff member. Perhaps the daughter of one of the many Professors? Maybe the daughter of the groundskeeper? Did the groundskeeper have a daughter? Who was the groundskeeper, even? Her eyes squinted at the realization she didn't know half the staff's faces, let alone names. Oops.

"Terrible bag?" She instinctively glanced at the black strap of the backpack hanging over her shoulder, and pulled it aside to make the weight slide down. She looked at the patch-riddled bag. Colorful? Certainly. Terrible? Never. "This is my baby. It ain't terrible." She clutched said 'baby' under her arm in a protective manner.

"But... That's beside the point. Y'know it's the end of the year, right? Everyone's scrambling for extra point, and seeing all their work in the trash is no bueno." She personally didn't care for house competition so much as the Quidditch cup itself, though it was amusing to see people trying to sabotage each other for the last few points they could get. "And if you're caught, the Sturts will eat you alive. No amount of ego strokin' will keep those beasts tamed and they're like third or something at this point, this'll probably plunge them down to fourth."

It felt alien to be the voice of reason. Hell, why did she have to be such a thing. "Well, whatever. So long as I don't get caught in the blast." Ignoring the lack of 'permission' her faithful bag had to enter the room, the Spencer strolled over to the nearest seat and jumped rear-first onto the cushion before making herself comfortable.

Sturt Guest

As Amber called the bag her "baby", Lauren looked to the heavens as though seeking strength from a higher power. This was not the welcome she expected, nor the gratitude she believed was owed for her miracle working in the room. She sighed and returned that critical gaze back to Amber, listening out of sheer politeness though it was evident that Lauren's assessment of the girl was complete. The result was not in Amber's favour.

"I can't see why any points could be awarded for that... clutter," she said with a disapproving frown as she remembered the mis-matched projects in various states of completion. Lauren genuinely believed that she had done a good thing here, which made the cruelty of throwing it all away all the more brutal. "More likely I have saved many from losing points over sloppy workmanship," Lauren's gaze followed Amber as she entered the room with the offending bag.

"I believe I did say the bag was not permitted," Lauren's smooth and sing-song voice rang out, a delicate frown on her lips at being disobeyed so flagrantly. "There is space in the hallway, else you may place it in the trash. I am willing to assist in locating a more suitable replacement if you insist on carrying such a thing?" it was hard to know what Lauren was aiming to be, here. Helpful? Rude? It was like she was trying to make a good impression, but failing miserably. Tripping over her own idea of how things should be, and trying to fit the school and students into it with brute force.

But offering to help, all the same.

• Love it! 1

"Huh?" Amber looked up as Lauren reiterated the point. She couldn't help but feel like the Sturt had a pronounced 'Queen Bee' aura exuding from her every word and action. 'More like Queen Bitch, am I right?' Her eyebrow raised ever so slightly in defiance. It seemed like she wasn't about to take the antics sitting down. Or maybe she was, because she wasn't about to get up anyway.

"Yeah, you did. Where's the rule?" The Spencer shrugged before opening her bag, retrieving the blasted Astronomy book. "I don't really care who you think you are, girl, but you should probably get off that high horse of yours. I didn't many times in the past and cost my House more points than I can count, so take it from me." The behavior had started getting just a little under her skin. Maybe she should try to talk the girl down instead of letting herself get mad? Amber wasn't the most tactful person with words, but it was certainly worth a shot.

"This ain't a playground, yeah?" She continued. "I mean, trust me, I wish it was, but fun police roams up the halls with sticks up their asses. If you're gonna raise hell, at least be smart about it."

Sturt Guest

"There is no horse here," said Lauren, who was not as well versed in idioms and figures of speech as the average student. She looked around, waving a hand to prove her point---indeed, there was no horse here in the games room. It was a sore point too, she'd always wanted a horse. Her grandmother had never seen the point of having animals around, and now her father was digging his heels in too. There were perfectly good dirtbikes out in the back paddock, what did she need a horse for? Lauren was slowly making Sarah and Octavia her allies in her campaign for a horse though, and soon Alan would be overwhelmed and give in.

Hopefully. This was the goal.

She was sure, as well, that what Amber was saying had some sort of meaning but she couldn't figure it out. Why would anyone run about the hallways with a stick placed there? Was it a requirement of policing fun? What was the role of the fun police anyway, was it to ensure everyone was having fun, or to prevent it? How did one go about applying to be part of the fun police (it sounded like a role that came with some prestige, given Amber's warning about them) and would she really have to have the stick? 

"I do not think I know who I am, I know who I am," Lauren's oblivious corrections continued. "I am Lauren Burdett." 

• Love it! 1