School Status:
Ending Term 4

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.

Adoptable Spotlight

THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC
Zane Nedvidek

Invite Act I - An Unlikely Alliance

Visitors Scotteh

Zane wasn’t sure if Adele would show, but he had at least made the effort. He had to speak to her himself. Lorelei, while a great asset, would not be able to truly express what Zane needed to say. All of this pain and suffering that their family had endured for this long, Zane felt, was all his fault. He had not been strong enough to act against Thomas for so long. 

That all ended now. 

This was the first act, so to speak, in the demise of Thomas Sollozzo. Lorelei revealing to Zane he had a daughter in the prelogue of this saga had awakened something in Zane. The strength he needed. It had taken time for the strength to manifest, but now that it had, Zane knew the time was right. Everyone just had to be on a unified front. 

Zane knew that Adele, and the rest of the family, had every right to be skeptical of Zane. He felt as though this meeting was the only way. He felt that perhaps Adele would be able to see for herself the torture Zane had gone through. 

So, Zane sat in the arm chair of the living room that he and his wife had shared together. The once handsome features he had exhibited were gone. His face was sunken in. He was obviously malnourished. His skin was pale due to being locked away on a windowless room for so long. Zane’s hair, which at one time had been full, and well maintained, was brittle and dry. 

He hoped Adele would show. He knew it was possible she may not, and he also knew it was possible a team full of Aurors could come bursting through the door to take him in. It was, however, a risk he was willing to take. 

Tally Staff ☆ Tallygarunga Librarian★ Sadrienne
40* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

She waited until after midnight before walking through the door. Zane didn't deserve her punctuality, he barely deserved to be acknowledged at all. However, he had information that she would need. Adele was determined to see this through, whatever the cost, but she was using everything she had at her disposal. That meant everything from her appearance to her late arrival was crafted to make Zane as uncomfortable and cooperative as possible.

Adele carried herself through the house with a regal grace not normally seen through the day, head held high and shoulders back. Her gown, cut low and close in all the right places, shimmered between blue and black, shifting effortlessly around her body as she moved. Against the backdrop of the dusty and dim house, she appeared inhuman. Powerful. She walked in ahead of Stuart, long determined steps and a grim expression on her face.

And there he was, the pathetic lowlife who had caused her daughter so much trouble. Adele stopped in the center of the room, taking his condition in with a critical eye---but no sympathy. If he suffered, then he deserved his lot. She folded her arms, waited a silent moment for Stuart to join her in the room.

"Tell me why I shouldn't just kill you now, and hunt your uncle at my leisure," she said smoothly. "Your head would make perfect bait."

Ministry Head ☆ Australian Minister of Magic, Co-Owner: The Drunken Roo, Owner: Victoria Magical & Native Wildlife Park★ LilyCat
52 year old Pureblood Human ☆ He/Him

Stuart had been watching the property since a little earlier in the evening, the man refusing to leave anything to chance. He knew that the young man was home, but at the same time there was always the very possible chance that Thomas was using a Polyjuice Potion and lying in wait to spring the trap on Adele as soon as she arrived. Still, at least tricks of the trade allowed him to remain undetected if anyone else was watching, until such a time as he saw Adele arrive, and then he stepped out from the shadows that had clung to him like a suit. Dressed as sharply as though he were going into work, the man gestured for Adele to go on ahead before taking up the rear, hands in his pockets and wand within reach should something go wrong.

While he certainly didn't have the otherworldly appearance that Del did, the man himself held an intimidating aura in his strides and stance. The expression his wore was cold as well, especially at the sight of the man waiting for Adele. He looked emaciated, beat down, everything that Lorelei had mentioned. But that could just as easily be a trick. And even if it weren't, he had failed in protecting Améa from the horrors of his Uncle. Had near killed her, and turned her into the scared and wounded woman that he and Mary had been gradually working on returning to full health and happiness again.

The man's hands remained in his pockets as Adele then spoke, because if they didn't stay there, then he might have already picked Zane up by the throat and his demands would be a lot less calm than hers. As it stood, he just stayed beside her, his dark gaze staring down at the young man, a cold anger deep inside, almost like a guard dog waiting to be given the slightest order or reason to attack.

Visitors Scotteh

Zane hadn’t expected Adele to come alone. He knew that she wasn’t stupid. When she came in, she had that elegance and grace about her that came with a woman of her status. However, until today, Zane had never seen it. The man she was with, he recognized as the Minister of Magic. If you’re going to show up with company, might as well be the most powerful man in the country, Zane mused to himself. 

At her statement to him, Zane looked her in the eyes. ”I have no good reason as to why you shouldn’t do it right here right now. The only reason I can think of is that by letting me live, you allow me to suffer for all the pain and suffering I have caused your family. I’ve been beaten and tortured, yet I deserve so much more. So, if you wish to kill me, go ahead. However, I want you to know that I am truly sorry for everything. It’s my own fault. I wasn’t strong enough to fight Thomas. You of all people know what he is capable of though, and I was just a boy when he placed me under the imperious curse. What chance did I have?” Zane was shaking as he spoke. Whether it was his nerves from the fact that he was about to die an innocent man, or the memories that came flooding before his eyes, he was unsure. 

”I never meant for any of this to happen. Until recently, I hadn’t been strong enough to fight back. Lorelei really helped me break free of my chains.”

"I don't care." 

Adele's voice was uncharacteristically cold as she stared down at Zane. Whatever his reasons, she didn't want to hear them. She knew that even in the worst of situations, there were always options. Zane had either not bothered, or been too weak to take his---and she had no sympathy for weakness. Adele didn't want apologies, and she didn't want explanations. Not from this piece of shit. 

Because even if he had been controlled, what then was it that made him treat Améa as he did? When out of the sight of his uncle, he still insisted that she obey him? That he had allowed her to become so faded and visibly unwell, and done nothing to help it? They had been so far away Améa at least could have had a life out there, and he had robbed her of that. To Adele, Zane was now just a means to an end. He had no human value worth her consideration.

"What I do care about is how you intend to spring this trap upon your uncle," she added smoothly. "And how you might prove that it is not a trap designed to catch us. When your uncle last knew me I was mortal, and I saw no good reason for me to live, but now---he had best know that not only have I fully inherited my birthright, I have everything to live for. For what he has done to me, to our family, I will hunt him through a thousand lifetimes." the edge on her voice was like serrated steel, rough and strong. 

"Nor do I fully trust that you are up to the task of ending him. Provide me with the opportunity and I will carry it out---in reward I will allow you to suffer with your pathetic life."

Visitors Scotteh

The harshness that had comes from Adele was one that Zane knew would come. However, he expected it to be a lot more than this. He knew she had no reason to trust him, and it was very obvious that she didn’t. Still, they had to work together. Thomas would not come out to face her unless he knew that she was vulnerable. Zane was tasked with finding a spot for him to act. If they could work together, though, then the trap would actually be on Thomas. 

“Hopefully we will be able to take care of it in this lifetime, though.” He said, shifting just slightly in the seat. 

He nodded at her, understanding. “I appreciate that, even though letting me live past this is more than I deserve. Your family deserves to be free from his evil. Améa deserves a better life. Our daughter deserves a better life.” He stated, frowning a bit. “He will not harm any body else anymore.” He looked at Adele. 

“I will not allow him to harm your family ever again.”

Ministry Head ☆ Australian Minister of Magic, Co-Owner: The Drunken Roo, Owner: Victoria Magical & Native Wildlife Park★ LilyCat
52 year old Pureblood Human ☆ He/Him

Stuart had been content to be quiet for the most part, generally because he knew that if he did say something then there was a high chance that anything the boy had to say back to him would only cause him to become more angry. It was already bad enough that more excuses were being given for everything that had happened. That apparent promises were being made, but there was nothing to see for it, no proof that he could actually uphold them, especially given his past record. He didn't want to hear unnecessary words.

Which was, unfortunately, all that he felt that Adele was even receiving, even after having stated that all she wanted was the knowledge that they required in order to be rid of Thomas once and for all. Rather, Zane continued to repeat himself, not giving them even a hint of actual useful information. It was when he made mention of his daughter - implying that he knew that he and Améa had a child - that the man snapped and stormed forward. Stuart reached down and a fist lurched forward to clasp the man by the front of his shirt, his arm yanking upward in order to pull Zane to his feet. Enough of this sitting around bullshit..

"Shut up with the stalling, you're taking too long," The man's voice spoke low, gravely and dangerously calm as brow eyes bore into the younger man, "She asked for the information we need for this 'trap' of yours. We don't care if you understand, we don't care how many times you say that you want him gone. We want it done. Tell us what we need to know, because anything else at this point is useless." He then released the front of Zane's clothes with a small push, "Anything you've said so far is piss and wind. Give us something substantial." He then stepped back, just a fraction, "Don't sit back down either. They way you look sorry for yourself when you do pisses me off."

Oh, he would not allow it, would he? 

Adele's lips parted, and she stared down at the boy in silent fury. Stuart acted first, and she stood by as he did. Every syllable out of Zane was just more wasted air, more wasted time. His apologies and his sympathies, his promises, everything about him was wasted, she wanted none of it. There was no mercy in letting him live, she was not trying to be generous or win his favour. She simply couldn't give a shit. Once he had exhausted what little use he had, he was good as dead to her, even if he still breathed. The boy was pathetic, he would never grow to much---and expending hate on the boy was more than he was worth.

"I still don't care." she repeated the words, cold and sharp as frozen steel. "I want nothing more out of you, except where I can find Thomas. If you find yourself with anything else more to say, I suggest you choke it down before Stuart forces your pathetic emotions back down your throat."

Which, on reflection, Adele almost hoped that Zane would push his luck in that regard. This was a side of Stuart she'd not seen much, the direct agression, the darkness, it was... intriguing. Adele knew there was no limit as to how far he would go in protecting his family, this was merely one of the rare opportunities where he could really break out of the political good-boy role and show that ferocity in full. Aside from Zane's weak and miserable part, this whole act was intoxicating on a level that Adele had almost forgotten. So much had changed, but she had always lived for the more destructive life.

"I'm waiting, boy."

Visitors Scotteh

“Alright.” Zane said, realizing that if he didn’t get in with the plan, he’d likely end up dying here and then nothing would stop Thomas. “I have placed his two cronies under the imperious curse. They are strong wizards, but can’t really think for themselves. It has held up thus far.” Zane found it only fitting to use the curse he had been under for so long against his uncle. 

“My orders are to lead you in to his “trap” that he wishes to spring on you. He seems to think that he can use me as bait because he’s clueless as to the fact that you all know what’s been going on.” Even if they didn’t give a damn. It seemed the only person that really understood him had been Lorelei. This meeting was a disaster, but perhaps there was hope for it. That they could all actually work together. 

“So, the plan is to get you and Améa out into a secluded field for him to surround you. I don’t believe Améa should be involved whatsoever. Then, when his cronies won’t attack because they can not, we can attack him and put an end to it.” He looked at them both. “That’s the basics, at least. Then, you can all live your lives in peace, Améa can raise our daughter safely, and I will no longer be a nuisance in your life ever again. If you decide to let me live, of course.” He wasn’t really counting on them letting him live, and honestly, Zane wasn’t sure if he wanted to.