Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
November, 2019 :: Spring

Invite An Acceptable Purging

Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
20 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Was he even ready for this? He imagined this had been the palpable feeling that soldiers held just before the eve of a battle. It felt as if the fear and uncertainty inside held a life of their own, had anyone truly been fully satisfied in saying that they were ready to meet the very gates of death itself? He sat down in the living room, taking that moment to arrive a bit of schedule with the guitar Sapphire grasped in his hand. In any moment of his life where he had a mountain that seemed almost unable to be traversed there had always been a guitar in hand. A tune in his heart that had fought against the emotions as if to calm the spirit itself. That had been the beast of emotions in all of its complexity, even when the deed needed to be done there had been that ever present fight to try and back out of it. 

Alexander made his way towards the couch and sat down on it and positioned the guitar on his lap and pressed it against his abdomen while he started to tune it. The metallic surfaces were slippery and it had everything to do with the intense sweat that soaked at the surface of his hands. He shakily breathed out heated air from his lips and the full presence of his trembling resonated through from his shoulders towards the tips of his fingers. All the talk that he had amounted up to ease others, to lie to himself about it not being something to fear had almost been consumed by the fear inside of himself on saying goodbye to this world, to those that he had started to get close to and build a solid foundation on. 

At this rate it would win out on his mind and it was now that he couldn't afford that to happen. He took in a deep course of air through his nostrils and strummed the chords of the guitar in a slow motion. It held no rhythm, a simple build up from low to high as he tried to tune the inside of himself to the vibrations that had struck through his body from holding the instrument so closely. The hand that held at the neck of the guitar slid smoothly in an ascending motion as it tested the various adjusted sounds that would coo from his long-term friend. It had been no different than when he'd been in the hospital, when he'd been bed-ridden at home in his younger years and tried to avoid the encroaching pain that wracked through the body then. As such, Alex began to actively strum the guitar with a more organized set. 

Slowly his mind started to become more devoid to the atmosphere around him, taking no other notice as if the world had dissolved entirely for that moment and his voice started to eases out to sing along with what had been played here. A song that fit for a self proclaimed war cry of personal dedication to survival. After the song had ended his eyes kept closed and he soaked in that feeling that it left with him, maybe not hope itself but a will and desire not to simply see it through but the willingness to live and survive for himself. Pains and aches were just a prelude to this moment that would be what he would consider his victory for his want to survive, to live a full life. 

The edge of his thumb slide along the siding of the guitar as his eyes opened up slowly still gazed at the instrument. Whatever the time had been by now it had no longer been a concern on his mind. "Had to make sure we did one more rodeo, Old gal. We'll both have bigger futures after this. That much I'm going to push ahead for." Though he spoke to the instrument it had been more as a reaffirmed bolster for himself.  

Today would be when he chose life but would he be Accepted into life or death? 

Narragyambie ☆ Junior Dance Instructor, Co-Creator of VEGE Productions★ LilyCat
19 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

It was a big day, one that Cassandra wasn't even certain she was ready for herself. Though she'd been a loud advocate, speaking for Alex's survival, that he wouldn't let anything beat him... or perhaps more that she wouldn't allow him to let anything beat him, now it was down to the crunch and as she did some housework around the place, currently drying dishes and placing them away while she hummed to DJ, who she was watching over while Del rounded up their Sorceraic family. She knew Alex needed a moment to himself as well, and so she'd also asked Caleb if he'd help her out to make a cake with her, watching as he stirred the mixture and offering help here and there where she needed to. The eerie realisation that she'd be doing this with kids of her own in the not too distant future was ever present, though also brought with it the fear of whether she would be doing it alone or not.

Still, it at least kept her preoccupied for the meantime, so that she didn't descend into some kind of panic, or retreat to the room she and Alex had in the house, to curl up under the covers and cry from the looming possibilities. She needed to stay strong, not just for Alex, but for other people who were invested in his survival. She knew that Caleb had only grown attached to very few people aside from Adele, and that it would devastate him to lose his Uncle. That was why she was placing a lot of importance in the cake, and Caleb's contribution to it, asking him what colours he thought they should use, how many layers, what flavours.

Picking up DJ as he began to fuss a little, Cassandra then heard Alex beginning to tune Sapphire, knowing that it was likely the last time he was going to play her - mostly because he had already disclosed to her his intentions for the guitar that he kept so close to him, regardless of what happened today. Her own hummed quieted and she stepped a little closer to where the kitchen and dining room connected to the living room, though remained around the corner while she kept an eye on Caleb, so that she could step back over to help him pour it into cake tins.

With DJ held in one arm, Cassandra listened to the song that her husband crooned, her gaze staring off into space for a few moments as she did, though she brought herself back to the present enough to assist Caleb with the pouring once she'd checked on the oven. She couldn't help but hum quietly along with the music that flowed through the house while the tins were then placed inside and the timer set. The young woman then began to place more fresh dishes into the sink and leaned over to press a small kiss to the top of Caleb's head.

"Thanks Caleb, you've really helped out," Cass said with a warm smile toward the boy. "Might want to go have a shower and get changed though, you've got flour all over yourself." And in a cheeky maneuver, the young woman plopped her hand into a patch of flour that had spilled on the counter, and then proceeded to ruffle it into the boy's hair with a grin and a quiet laugh. "See?" He'd had no choice but to get used to and enjoy her and Alex's little pranks since they'd moved in, though they'd started teaching him enough of them as well. "I'll stay guard over the cake and make sure it doesn't burn or anything," She assured him with a nod, and then would wait for him to get cleaned up before stepping out to the living room to offer Alex a small smile, before moving closer so that she could lean over and give him a small kiss on the lips, DJ still carefully held in her arms.

"Everything's going to be alright," The redhead said quietly to him, whether it was more to assure him or herself, or maybe both, she wasn't sure. But she was determined to at least outwardly remain stubbornly positive. Another small smile, and a fussing DJ again, she then returned to the kitchen to get a bottle for him.

Visitors ☆ Healer★ Sadrienne
48 year old Pureblood Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Bethianna entered through the unlocked front door, in time to see a flour-coated Caleb sprint toward the bathroom. He knew the significance of the day, remembered his own acceptance, and knew that Alex was choosing the other side. The dangerous side. The side that meant by the end of the day, he might not have an uncle anymore. Becoming a full wizard had been the most painful experience in his short life, he was worried. He remembered Adele's words the first time he had seen Alex, and felt still that responsibility to protect him, but how could he? All he could do was be here, and help Cass bake a cake. When Adele had suggested him not being in the house, he'd thrown a fit.

If it was an end, Caleb wanted to be here. 

Anna watched the boy go, before walking deeper into the house and to the living room. She was dressed in a long-skirted, long-sleeved dress of deep green - almost the same colour as her eyes. Gold trim and jewellery gave it an ornate look that didn't belong in the modern rurality of Narragyambie, but to somewhere else entirely. It seemed that the majority of her strength had returned, and she was wasting no efforts on altering her appearance. Bethianna knew she would need every drop of energy she could muster, and so the carefully placed lines around her eyes, the stray hair, the comfortably normal imperfections that she used to craft a more acceptable appearance were gone. She looked neither old nor young, a stunning and disconcerting display of perfect and timeless power.

"You are certain you are ready?" any sign that this wasn't entirely what Alex wanted, and Anna would pull the pin. If he harboured doubts, they might impede the process---negativity was a dangerous power all of its own, and while Bethianna wasn't confident this would work, Alex's attitude would be the biggest factor. If it could work at all, anyway. Her gaze turned to a corner, staring at the empty space a split second before Lillian came into view there. Alone. "You could not convince Lea?" 

"She doesn't wish to be found," Lillian replied with a shrug. Bethianna twitched her lips at the lie, but let it be. If Lillian felt she needed to save face over this, it was not important enough to correct. "I am sorry, dear boy. I tried," she added to Alex, before taking a seat to wait for the others. "Have you seen to the twins yet, Thia? Perhaps the boy would like to know something of their future, before... all of this takes its course?"

Bethianna shook her head just slightly. "Not yet. But the idea has merit. If Alexander and Cassandra should wish it be so, I will answer any questions I have answers for." She turned her head toward Alex, and then toward the kitchen door. She could feel the energy of the twins from here, and that was a promising sign. To know much more, she would need to be closer.

One moment who he'd been staring towards the surface of the guitar and the next he could almost smell the powdery surface of the flour as his head lifted up. A small motion of his hand cupped over his mouth to not reveal the ever growing groan that had started to lace itself, viewing Caleb dabbed in a muck of flour. "The trials of being around pranksters." He seemed to mumble to himself. When he looked up he spotted Cassandra with DJ only for a quick moment, feeling her lips against his which caused his eyes to close softly. "Mmm... That's pretty tasty." If this all went down the drain he'd have no shame admitting that would be one of things he'd miss doing. Alexander set Sapphire down into the case nearby and closed it with ease. "I know, you shouldn't worry so much, I got this." A soft wink shined towards Cassandra as he stood on the premise of bolstering up the strengthen he'd just marshaled. 

Then she retreated back to the Kitchen for the ever so fussy DJ, Alex's own attention quickly whipped towards the doorway with Bethianna standing there. His smile curved much more naturally as he approved of the signs he'd been seeing. She looked much better and his best guess had been that her strength finally started to return at a much more steady rate. "Wowza, You look like you're going to some major ball in a movie." He tried to stray his mind from the fact that the woman had as much invested in him as anyone else, the occasional affections that had slipped through keyed him in on that constantly. The question she propositioned lessened his smile but not enough to dampen that well of desire he'd dug himself. He'd been in his proving grounds for nearly a year, crafting every bit of personal connection and understanding of the world around him. Honing his selfishness in so many ways and against many obstacles and people. 

"No regrets, I'm ready for it all." This had been a similar feeling to him, that moment where he is about to take center stage. The eyes of the crowd peering with the lights that cascaded and blinded across much of the view when he stood up there. Uncertainty was apart of facing the most uncertain scenarios in life and the only thing one could do would be to push passed it all and grab hold for confidence. "I will push ahead because I'm expecting the best outcome. My optimism hasn't let me down yet I don't see any reason to drop it now."

He followed Bethianna's gaze to spot that his Mother appeared to occupy it. It was expected that she wouldn't find the woman to him, after all she'd been hiding this entire time, right? What would have been the actual chances she'd have been found and helped in his time of need. A soft shrug flowed from him and his smile grew a tad bit brighter. "Hey, you tried. That's all that matters, never know the outcome of anything until you give it that effort." That seemed to be the theme he sought this out originally but now? It was a different tune and reason entirely. "Ahaha, yea, my little troublemakers. Still can't believe it's freaking twins. . ." Maybe he should have expected that given his own luck at times. 

"Really, I'd just like to know if they'll be healthy. I know the factor of Fae blood in them probably makes it difficult to know all of the potential effects." Alex's eyes closed for a moment, did he want to know more? His head shook lightly opting that it was yet another reason to push forward, so that he could be the one to discover and grow with his own children. "But more than that I will find out when I push through this. I plan to be there for them as much as for myself." He would move heaven and hell for those girls, for any person in his family now that the thought sparked in his mind. "How else am I suppose to learn to be a Healer and Doctor?" Knowledge, it was a power and every circumstance that had been new should be known and understood. 

"Thank you both, for your efforts and all. I know none of it was easy and don't want to seem the ungrateful sort." There had been a wonder on what would be different if things had been chosen in another direction. But he didn't hate the person he had become finding that he had been given the best possible childhood and life. "And I don't hold anything against you, Mamiere." The word felt clumsy on his lips, not practiced but enough to understand the more important connotations within its form. If he had to toss himself in every effort to push through he couldn't hold on to the hurt or the bitterness. Even knowing he wasn't an accident entirely, maybe he didn't appear in the way she'd expected but that was in the past. 

"Lots more to come later," Cass promised her husband as she returned to the kitchen, taking a quick peek at the baking cakes before getting a freshly warmed bottle from the pot of hot water she'd placed it in earlier. With DJ cradled as she fed him, she returned to the living room, the arrival of voices having drawn her attention. She offered a smile toward both Lillian and Bethianna, as well as a silent nod in greeting, though her gaze lingered on the latter for a few moments. She'd only met Anna once, at the fateful party earlier in the year, but she could almost swear there was something that seemed different. Not the obvious differences, but... it was difficult to place her finger on, and she soon mentally shook herself from it before her gaze became a stare. Alex's firm response gave her a little confidence, it really was happening, wasn't it. And whatever happened was meant to happen.

The redhead's chest tightened still, the image of her father's lifeless gaze staring at her as though he were still somehow there, flashed before her eyes, but her smile didn't falter. These were things that she wouldn't allow to show outside of her mind. It was going to be alright. They would get through this, and then the future was their's for the taking, however long it was going to be for them.

Lillian's response to the question toward her had made Cassandra think. Given how the link between Lauren and Lorelei had been described, it seemed strange that the much older woman couldn't locate her own twin. But it wasn't her place to question. Rather, Cassandra brightened at the idea of learning some more about the twins and whether they were going to be alright. Surely, that knowledge would give Alex another reason to power through, right? Though his response made her shoulders drop a little, unsure exactly whether he meant he didn't want to know anything, or only certain things. Personally, the redhead had been anxious ever since she first found out, the lack of knowing causing her as much fear as the idea of losing Alex. It was his day though. She could always find out after... whatever the outcome. Her gaze shifted back to DJ as she fed him, listening silently.

"Is there any way I can help with anything?" Cass then asked, looking between the women, "I don't know if my energy is of any use. But I'm willing to offer some if it won't hurt the twins at all."

Bethianna nodded as Alex confirmed his readiness. His answer was acceptable. He had always been like this, though, and she theorised that if anyone in the history of their kind was likely to make it---he would be the one. Caleb skittered back into the room, giving Anna a very wide berth as he did. Bethianna was hardly surprised, any stories Adele had told him were both true and worth his distrust. Bethianna wasn't here to be liked.

"Ah, I've done little to be grateful for," Lillian admitted with a wave of her hand. "I merely brought you into this world. It was Thia who ensured you stayed in it." For all her faults, Lillian was not one to take credit for anyone else's work. She knew that if Alex lived it would not be due to her own efforts. Alexander had not been born this strong, she remembered him being so much more fragile. So close to the last of his life, and from a distance Bethianna had ensured that he grew strong enough to manage his own energies even if he didn't know what or how he was doing it. 

But there was a definite extra glow in the room when he dropped the word "Mamiere". Perhaps a tear in the corner of her eye, she wiped it away before it could catch too much notice. Lillian did not want to be this attached right now. 

At Alex's bidding, Bethianna moved closer to Cassandra. Their energy was strong. Much stronger than it ought to have been, being of Lillian's line and not her own. Perhaps it was the fae blood interfering, amplifying the feel of their blood. At any rate, the strength was a good thing. With the practiced calm of a doctor, she placed her open palm on Cassandra's stomach.

Worlds flashed in front of her eyes, an electric snap of energy---static straight to the heart and radiating out to her fingertips and toes. Bethianna jumped back, caught off guard by the intensity and the weirdness of it. She blinked, and stared from Cass to her hand, uncharacteristically shaken. 

"Is something amiss, Thia?" Lillian asked.

"No---quite the opposite. They are very healthy. Very strong." Anna murmured. "Even so, I would suggest you sit this one out, Cassandra. They are not matured enough to part with their own energies, it is best they keep what they have." She stepped back, a little disoriented and confused. 

There had been... something. Bethianna wasn't sure what. Something different and suspicious in that burst of energy. It sat on the edge of her awareness like a locked door, a door she'd never seen before and yet now it was all she could see. Covering something she should know, should remember and yet---she didn't. Whatever it was, she didn't like it. 

Still. The twins were okay. Maybe it had just been an odd effect of the fae blood. Anna couldn't say for sure.

Lots more, that sounded like a pretty good reason to push through. There were many promises that he'd made to his wife and he hadn't been a person known to break them, that had been one of the many ways he made sure to regulate himself on being an upstanding kind of an individual. His sights turned towards Caleb as he found his way back into the room, had he been avoiding Bethianna? Maybe he shouldn't find it so odd considering the affinity he held with Adele, she probably hadn't held the details from the bright child. It hadn't changed his own stance of wanting the woman in his life. 

"I definitely don't diminish her efforts on that, haha. Pretty much the person who made sure I was around and kicking." It could have felt like a debt he needed to repay if the woman had spun it that way. But she'd always made sure he knew that people deserved the right to live and see where the course had taken. "But your part in the uh. . . Unique way of how you got me to Tallygarunga hasn't been any less impactful." Lillian deserved that much in accolade, even if it had been to make his end much more comfortable. It ironically set him into a position to gather much more strength to face this moment than if he'd gone that original course of his life. 

An apologetic gaze shot towards Cassandra the moment her shoulders drooped, wanting more knowledge on the state of their children had been enticing to him. To want the full understanding and scope that could be given and yet. . . He felt as if that would open up a new battlefield that they couldn't yet take on, he knew himself well enough that certain information that could occur may end up tainting the effort that'd been placed to give him the confidence he needed. He'd have to promise in himself that if he saw the other side that his worried red-head could freely ask the questions that are within her mind. 

Bethianna's diagnosis and reaction caused an eyebrow to raise up in bewilderment. What in the world happened? Their health seemed to be in order, regardless of whatever effect seemed to have caught the elder woman off guard. Healthy meant that he didn't manage to mess up royally bad, that much he could feel more than content knowing for the time being. "Maybe you should uh. . . Sit down for a moment?" It didn't seem like she had full bearings after the examination. 

Alex's teeth found his lower lip as he nipped at it and gave Cassandra a soft smile. "Sorry, Love." The two of them tended to have the similar problem, part of them always felt they needed to help and being unable to. . . It left that fear of uncertainty and much more that tended to linger during the entire process. "But, hey, they're healthy. That's pretty epic news, am I right? Just make sure you have the list of our questions ready after." He had to keep up the stalwart stance, to push forward and keep his attitude positive that the outcome would somehow turn out well. 

His hand slid around the handle of the guitar case that held Sapphire, fingers slid along the locks to make sure that they'd been secured. Then he stood up and lugged it over towards Caleb in which he'd place it flat down on the ground in front of him. "Now, as any Musician knows there are times in their musical journey where they have to start writing their way in history in a new way. After I beat this, the support that Sapphire gave me? Just won't do! I'll have to find a new ax to rip the musical world with." A grin formed on his face afterwards. "But this old gal? Her journey isn't done just yet either. Got herself a nice good coat glossing, restrung, everything wiped down to be nice and pristine. But no one I know could do that walk with her any better than you. Treat her well and she'll bail you out in ways you couldn't imagine."

Cass knew that Alex had his reasons for not wanting to know much more than the health of the twins right now, and so she wouldn't argue or push for anything. If the desire to know more was something that helped him pull through, then she could be patient enough to wait a little longer. She felt an odd buzzing in the air around her, however, as Bethianna moved closer, it was like a muffled feeling or sound that she could only barely perceive, but for some reason it placed her a little on edge. She didn't allow that anxiety to show on her features, but she did hold DJ a little more securely, lifting him just a fraction so that the Healer could check on the twins that Cassandra was carrying. Some part of her wanted to run though, bolt away, while another part demanded she remain where she was.

The touch of Bethianna's hand had almost the same outward impact for Cassandra as it did for the woman, as she jumped back too. It was like someone had opened up the blinds in a room that had been stuck in darkness since creation, the younger woman blinded for a moment as she staggered slightly, arms clinging to the baby in them as though to both keep her grounded somehow and keep from dropping him. Blinking a few times, she was shaken slightly as she found her footing again, and then released a quiet nervous chuckle.

"That was... weird," The young woman commented, her features shifting to an easy mixture of amusement within moments. Though beneath the surface something was broiling, and she was struggling. Mental walls were thrown up and she offered Alex a smile to assure him that she was fine and happy to know that the babies were well. "Yeah, I guess they just have a little bit of a kick to them," The young woman replied. Watching as Alex prepared to hand Sapphire over, Cass watched only a moment, refusing to look at Bethianna, or even at Lillian in case the other woman realised something significant had happened, and began to turn toward the hallway, "I'm going to put DJ down for his nap. I'll be back soon." She said over her shoulder, and then continued off.

It took every ounce of her willpower not to run from that room. She managed to pace her walking, and carefully set the baby down and tuck him into his crib in his room, the door closing behind her slowly. Once she was in the semi-dark room, she gasped as though for breath, but it wasn't for lack of anything. Rather, she felt as though she might burst. Cassandra moved to a chair and a tremble began in her hands a she stared at them. What was happening? Was it the twins? Something had been unlocked, a hole punched into a dam, and now she could feel them so much clearer, she could feel a lot of things. Most of all, she felt the store of magic that made her feel uncomfortable.

"What is this, girls? You causing it?" Cass asked softly, though there was only a warm feeling of reassurance in response. Admittedly, it made her feel a fraction better, but only a fraction. She was still confused, and suddenly wanted her father. She couldn't understand why she was thinking of him right now, aside from the mess of everything going on, but she wanted him here. Instead, she reached out mentally toward her Aunt, for some kind of comfort. She refused to rely on those that Alex needed right now, he needed to get through this day.

The woman only gave herself a few minutes, not wanting anyone to get suspicious, before she stepped out, her mask perfectly back in place as she wandered through the house, headed for the kitchen to check on the cake.

Bethianna couldn't shake the feeling that had hit her so suddenly. One hand rose to her neck, fingers curling about a bright golden chain, lifting the pendant it carried from beneath the collar of her dress. The deep violet stone glimmered between her pale fingers, clutched tight as she tried to gather herself once more. Lillian's gaze drilled into her, waiting answers that Bethianna herself didn't have. But both let it lie for the moment, there were more important things to attend to.

Like Alexander parting with his first love. Caleb understood the significance of the gift, his eyes welling up with tears as the guitar was passed over. Did this mean Alex was preparing to not survive? That's what it seemed like, even though he said he would be finding a new guitar... Caleb trembled slightly as he bent down to pick up Sapphire, small hands cradling her delicately and reverently. He nodded solemnly at his task, and hoped he would do Alex proud.

"Better get a new ax soon," Caleb mumbled. "Otherwise you can't be in the band."

Lillian hid a smile behind her hand, not wanting the young boy to be offended by her amusement. The front door opened, more footsteps approaching down the hall. Adele, then Améa and Lauren. Adele nodded to Cass, gave her a tight smile.

"They weren't too much trouble, were they?" she asked. Lauren, still in her Tally uniform, stood to the back of the room--arms folded in protest. Améa, on the other hand, seemed happier and healthier than she had for years. Améa perched herself on the arm of a chair, the room growing fuller by the second. 

Alexander's attention snapped towards the unsteady looking Cassandra, as much as she kept  the smile on her face he knew she'd been good at playing that front well-enough to mislead most people. An inquisitive hum vibrated on the surface as if he'd been trying to pick apart what had occurred to no success to say the least. He wasn't aware of what Bethianna had sensed and even less intuitive of what Cass may have felt in that moment. Enough of an reaction occurred that suspicion could be casted that there had been a lot more towards the tale both were willing to unveil.  

He watched as she made her way out of the living room to place DJ down. A soft inhale took place as he try to keep his mind from wandering towards the potential thought that sought to fish for more. But in the darker thoughts he wondered, just how much should he be worrying about Cassandra and the Girls? Had there been more that he should have been considering that he may have missed in all of his nightly musings? His hand pressed against the side of his forehead and then shook out the track that the thoughts had been trying to take. 

From his own head to the top of Caleb's he'd gently rub it and give the best uplifting smile that could be mustered. "Hey, of course. I plan to make it by hand and all, super customized to have every possible flair of 'Alex' that I can think up." That would mean he'd need Santa's list of names for that kind of an endeavor. "Plus, we still have to try and poke at Améa so that she'd actually play the violin in it. Don't worry, we'll wear her down eventually." It was in this moment that he'd notice the trio enter into the room just moment after along with Cassandra who returned after sometime. 

"Hey there, Ladies." This was an almost odd picture, he'd expect Lauren to have a bit of a sour expression on her face but to see Améa so. . . Upbeat. That had been an new imagery in his mind, almost frightening. "Giving off a nice glow there, Améa! Like what I'm seeing." He wasn't fully privy of the extent of her trials, only enough that it had effected her health in a unique way to their bloodline. His gaze then landed on the much more distant Lauren. "You don't have to look so grumpy. But that uniform does look pretty natural on you, more surprised you didn't get a change of clothes." Maybe that had just been him, being in a Uniform felt like a cage of sorts. Freedom for a musician and artist came at being comfortable and well. . . Free. 

Alexander wasn't sure how to address Adele out of all people in the room, everyone had been so much easier so far. In her presence he practically reverted to this unknown personality of being a 'Little Brother', that position of newness came so naturally or rather it felt as if it were more overdue from the time that had been lost. Here they stood on that precipice that the time itself could be lost forever. "You know, I bet you've got a smile that could give me a run for my money." He gave a gentle tease at her usual stoic expressions. "How's Pops doing?" Whether Rheldor would attend or not, he wasn't entirely sure - unaware of how much the older man truly knew of everything.

Returning to the living room, it appeared that there were more arriving now while she caught the tail end of Alex's promise that he was going to be making a new guitar. She would have perhaps piped in that she and Caleb would drag him around to get everything he needed, but with the room filling up, she found herself unwilling to say much of anything. She offered a small smile to the arrivals, noting Améa's much more 'shining' appearance, and Lauren's sour one, before her gaze turned to Adele, still slightly haunted by whatever had occurred before she could cover it completely. She offered a quick nod, however, and a warmer smile.

"No trouble at all. DJ's full and sleeping soundly, and Caleb's been a fantastic helper," The redhead beamed lightly toward the boy, and then looked around those gathering. It wouldn't be long now, they were only waiting for a couple more. And speak of the devils. As soon as that thought bubbled up in her mind, Cassandra sensed on the edge of her perception the arrival of Jezebel and Lorelei, the latter of which ran to the living room and near bowled Alex over in a hug, causing Cass' lips to twitch into a small smirk.

"Hey all," Jezebel stepped into view, lifting a hand to offer a small wave. She was probably the most dressed down that Cass had ever seen her, in a baggy sweatshirt and cropped jeans, and yet still managed to appear as elegant as ever. Sensing her mother's unease, Jez wrapped her arms around the woman from behind to give her a small squeeze, before then giving Améa a hug as well, something which appeared to be welcomed. What bothered Cassandra the most was that she could feel all of them, and it was almost overwhelming to her, though she managed to keep that locked in tightly, along with the discomfort of her own built up pressure within herself.

But they were all here, all those who were going to try and help Alex get through this, which meant it was going to happen soon. And Cass found herself feeling so anxious and on edge that the sound of the oven timer caused her to visibly jump and clutch at her chest.

"Are you alright, Auntie Cass?" Lorelei's voice inquired curiously, and the redhead shook her head and waved a hand gently.

"I'm fine... just nervous, you know," It wasn't like she didn't have a reason to be, given she could potentially lose her husband today. That was more than enough to have her on edge, "I just have to get the cake out of the oven." She then added, stepping from the room quickly in order to do so. As distracted as she was, the woman wasn't even thinking of what she was doing as she opened the oven and reached in with both hands to pick up one of the trays. The touch of her fingertips on the hot metal caused her to mentally curse, before she grabbed for the oven mitts and got the cakes out, setting them down and pulling the mitts off to find her fingers already healed. Having to wait for the cake to cool before decorating, Cass then returned to the living room, leaning her shoulder against the door frame, at the edge of everything for now.

Lorelei found herself mildly curious as she moved over near Lauren to take her hand, but essentially most of her attention was on the gathering, as was Jezebel's. Now that they were all here, it was growing close to the time to see whether Alexander would be able to survive his Acceptance and see the other side of it. As such, both of them waited now, on when it would be time.

Sturt ☆ Fifth Year ★ Sadrienne
16 year old Halfblood Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Lauren was not pleased about being dragged away by her mother. Even though it had all been approved by her father (who had no idea what was really going on, just that it was an important family event) and perhaps Lauren was just a little bit upset with him for making her go. She didn't see why she had to be here at all, it wasn't like she would be able to do anything. Adele wasn't taking arguments though, she moved Lauren onward with a tight determination that could only come from deep-set anxiety.

Today was the day. In a weird twist of fate, it was Améa who seemed the most positive---at least until she heard her name and the world 'violin', followed by Alex complimenting her appearance, which made her scowl to prove him wrong. Could Caleb be the one behind delivering her violin to the house? Améa's gaze darted toward their grandmother, searching for a hint that the woman had retrieved the instrument under his instruction, but that didn't seem right either. Bethianna, on the other hand, inclined her head toward Améa at the mention of her improved health, prompting Améa to return the gesture with a respectful half-bow. 

"Oh good," Adele responded to Cass, glad that neither of her boys had chosen today to be difficult. She sat down beside Caleb, pulling him in to her side, inhaling the scent of his hair and his closeness. Caleb mumbled his protests, apparently she was getting marks on Sapphire. She ignored Alex's quip about her smile, that was the last thing she felt like right now. "Father will be here soon, he said he had to work on something---he won't say what," Adele shook her head. Who knew what had got into Rheldor's head now.

In an effort to keep him temporarily distracted from wandering off to find his sister, Adele had introduced him to Youtube. Specifically, "how to make" videos on Youtube. Now her overly-enthusiastic father had several projects on the go, and the backyard hadn't yet recovered from his paint-pouring experiments. 

With Lorelei's hand in hers, Lauren calmed as she tended to. She could also feel, quite curiously, a small opening in the block that Lillian had placed on her---like a secret access point to her own ability. She glanced at Lorelei, wondering if her twin could feel it too---and if this was why her presence was required. What was available felt strangely more potent, even if it wasn't the full depth of what she normally had. It was concentrated. Interesting.

"We are all present," Lillian said, as the room began to quiet. "Shall we begin?"

She was answered by a shift in the air, a pull that caused most to turn and look at an empty spot that was soon no longer empty. 

"Starting without me, Lian?" dressed in head to toe in darkest black, a touch taller than Lillian but with the same long black hair---and eyes of disconcerting gold, the woman looked out at the gathered family with a slightly disapproving frown. 

Lea.

"Won't budge on the glare, eh? It's all good though, I'm glad to see you either way, Lauren." He stated genuinely. It didn't take him long to warm up towards when it came to the various members of the family. It had often helped that he mused to himself often on how a meeting with the girl would have gone, no manner of daydream would have prepared him for how it went down. Améa's following scowl prompted Alex's own trademark grinning smile. He held the stubbornly persistent trait himself when it came to the beautiful nature of music. 

The tradeoff of expressions hadn't lasted long as a surprised gasped emitted, both of his arms wrapped around Lei instinctively nearly trying to keep his balance. She wasn't as small as she used to be and that impact was much harder to try and offset. "Woah! Haha, Hey there, Lei. Glad to see you too! Look at you with that running start too. Plan on trying out for some sports? You've got some pretty good acceleration." He pressed a hand down the back of her hair fondly and brought his attention towards Jezebel and waved towards her. "I was wondering if you were taking the scenic route. I heard you stars like to make a showy entrance and all, nothing like being fashionably late." The more the room filled, the harder that reality hit that the moment had been drawing closer. 

Alexander looked towards Cassandra to offer her as much of a soothing smile he could manage. He knew that nervous had to be eating at most people that stood for this particular gathering. His own had been enough that he could feel his chest tighten for a moment until he let out another course of air in a lengthy breath. The smile on his face shaping with less force at the idea of their Father working at one of his many projects. "Oh~? I can't wait to see it, I bet it's going to be pretty neat. Or spin around like some crazy top." A much more cartoonish imagery formed in his mind before being shaken lightly to focus more. 

There hadn't even been a moment for him to respond his own confirmation as the voice cut through the air and his attention shifted towards the empty spot that soon had been filled. The golden hues in her eyes caused his mouth to drop slightly in disbelief, this had been her? Tales that he'd heard practically painted her as this form of Warrior Princess towards a sense of justice. Her frown that had been sported caused his own expression to change, much like a child caught with a hand in the cookie jar. 

He was one again at a slight loss, much as he'd been when first encountering Bethianna. The true path to addressing each person, what the preferred stance had been. He'd only been left with his usual style and flair. "I. . . Definitely didn't expect to see you pop in, Auntie Millea." Perhaps in theory much more Aunt-esque in the thoughts that she could be considered the 'Twin' of Lillian. "It's nice to be able to meet you and I'm grateful that you're here to help too." The disapproving glance made him feel as if his words would most likely be taken with a grain of salt and yet he couldn't turn off that part of his self. 

With all the people gathering and closing in around the living room, Cassandra felt an itch along her spine, and her arms, and legs, and fingers and toes. She couldn't understand why she was able to sense them all and yet felt blocked. Not just blocked, but heavy. She listened as the greetings all went around, but moved quietly through the room as though hoping she might not be spotted or pointed out by anyone while they were all distracted. Cass offered a small smile to some of the others, Jezebel smirking at Alex's comment though choosing to remain quieter than her usual self, and then sat next to Alex, shuffling up close to him. Even that contact appeared to sharpen the redhead's senses in some way, as she realised she could feel that part of him that was leaking. She cuddled close to him, however, gradually feeling just a bit more concerned as the moment drew closer where she would have to hope that he was strong enough.

"Be interesting to see what Rheldor's decided to make this time," The redhead had to agree with Alex, with a small nod of her head and hint of a smile. It had been somewhat entertaining since he'd got on his crafting kick, there was always something going on, and she absolutely encouraged it.

Lorelei had noticed, as her hand linked with Lauren's, that trickle of power between them, and glanced toward her twin with a small smile and a nod. Perhaps this was why they both had to be here after all. She'd barely scraped the well of her own power before she'd fallen into the sleep, but knew that what she felt now was something on a different level, even if it was only a hint of what she couldn't access fully. Like everyone else though, her head turned at the sound of another voice and then tilted slightly as she studied the new arrival, knowing who it was by appearance.

The arrival seemed to prove Lillian's theory of being unable to find her own twin false, but that wasn't something Lorelei was going to point out. Rather, she found herself intrigued by the gathering that was now seemingly complete as far as she could tell. When was the last time that so many had been in one place?

"And so we gather..." The teenager with the odd eyes mused quietly, before turning her gaze toward Alex and Cassandra, "This would be the best chance that we have of succeeding." She concluded quietly. There were no others that she at least knew of with the blood, who were of a mature enough age to assist. Her younger sisters had been denied, due to their age, and with the 'missing' Millea now arrived, they could hopefully rely on her strength as well.

Millea was very aware that her appearance was unexpected, and yet she leveled at the gathered family an expression of flat disinterest. As if it should have been obvious she would turn up, not for any sentimental reasons---but out of obligation. It was clear that Millea lacked humor in almost any form, seeming to blink away Alex's greeting as she crossed the floor to stand beside Lillian.

"Yes, it's opportune timing," Lillian murmured. As Millea grew closer to her, the air thickened to an almost suffocating electric thrum. The two elder sorceresses amplifying each other as only soul twins could, a power that was raw and intense. Even Bethianna could feel the choking strength of it, though slightly fainter than the others of the blue. Lauren gripped Lei's hand tighter, their own amplified strength weak compared to that of their maternal ancestor---but joined to the harmony of the blue and gold, still strong. 

"Then we are ready." Lillian's voice was firmer now, and she looked to Alex with a nod. "It is best if you lie down. The floor will suffice." She motioned to the beige carpet, indicating that the others should clear a space. On the couch, Caleb cradled Sapphire and chewed at the tips of his fingers. This was going to hurt Alex, he knew that. He didn't want to see his uncle in pain, but at the same time---he didn't want to look away either. Tears had already formed in the bottom of his eyes, threatening to fall at any moment.

"Thia, you know this will be the last of him?" Millea's voice was strangely soft as she addressed Anna. Bethianna nodded, still clutching the violet crystal between her fingers.

"I know," she said. "My work has yielded naught, if this is to be his final purpose---it is more than nothing."

Millea nodded, and placed a firm hand to Lillian's shoulder, strengthening the contact between them. Adele stood, alongside Améa and Jezebel, reaching for their hands. A solemn quiet fell over the gathering, circled around Alex as though it were a living funeral---and perhaps it was. Only Bethianna knelt, a hand upon Alex's forehead to monitor his status through the process, and one-by-one the links of the sorceraic chain connected before Lauren's hand rested on Bethianna's shoulder and they were all part of the same machine.

With her head tilted down for only Alex to see, Bethianna gave a small smile and murmured words only for him to hear.

"Survive, my Alexander. You have more days to conquer yet."

Then closing her eyes, she listened to the energy flowing around and through them a moment, before giving the direction.

"Begin."

The confirmation that it was now going to begin, with the arrival of the final Sorceress, Cassandra found herself gripping Alex a little, not wanting to let him go straight away to what could become his potential end. She bit her lip as she felt the air thicken with the power, almost making it difficult to breathe combined to what she felt trapped within herself. She was suddenly even more terrified, and on the end of a link she hadn't realised she shared with her aunt, she could feel Cate's concern for her, her aunt's wondering over what could be going on. She didn't know how to shut that off, and realised that Cate could rush over here at any moment if Cassandra wasn't able to contain her fear of what was happening. She trembled a little, but then looked to Alex as she held him a moment longer.

"Come back to me," The redhead murmured quietly, before leaning in to press a kiss to his lips, lingering a few moments before finally drawing back and letting him go. She tried to offer an encouraging smile, though it was clear in her eyes that she was scared. "Remember, I'll kick you arse if you dont... and I love you," She reminded him, and then the young woman moved over to sit next to Caleb as she watched Alex move to the carpet, the center of what appeared to be a circle that was forming. Cass' arms wrapped around Caleb and Sapphire, both to try and comfort him, and as a comfort for herself, the pair of them unable to do anything but watch.

Lorelei stepped closer along with Lauren, and as her mother, grandmother and aunt neared as well, she reached for Jezebel's free hand, allowing the current of power to strengthen between them all as they combined their power. She marveled a little at the strength she could feel from Lillian, as well as the multiplied strength as each person connected to the chain and shared their power. If this didn't work, then she wasn't certain what would. She could sense her mother's own determination that they had to succeed in this, though they both knew that the real fight would be Alex's, in surviving the purging of his Wizarding blood. It would be up to him to come through the other side, to fight through the pain and hold on to the life line that they offered.

"You can do it, Uncle Xander," Lorelei added quietly, and then the instruction was given to begin and she and Jezebel closed their eyes, concentrating on offering their energy to assisting the young man.

"Oomph. . . Tough crowd. . ." Alexander's gaze narrowed lightly, he was sure that out of the elder women in the room Bethianna had the best humor. Which. . . Perhaps said a lot of the concept each held of the everyday lives of the 'common folk' as he often placed it. With the thick presence of the power that radiated from his mother and her twin a heavy swallowing slid down his throat as he tried to contain his own composure from the suffocation that fell from it in the atmosphere. A hand rested on Cassandra as she sat next to him, clung even. The presence of her lips against his had granted a soft smile on to his face which had been sustained by her words. "As fast as I can get back to you." Then a heavy course of air pushed through his nostrils as he softly spoke back to her. "I love you too, KMH.

Standing up from the couch he made his way towards a good central point within the room, enough that the gathered numbers would be able to encircle followed by slowly getting down onto the ground. Back pressed against the floor and the sensation of his heart beating within his chest, the sound of it seemed to echo into his very ears. A moment that he'd been awaiting for sometime and found himself just at the start of it. 

What would have been the impending anxiety had been swept away like an ocean seeing Bethianna in sight with her hand pressed against the center of his temple. Even for all of her stern appearance she seemed to over a wealth of security to him. A subconscious awareness that the woman that had been fighting with and for him had chosen this final battleground regardless of the potential ramifications that could occur. In a quick moment a mental flash of the various things he'd encountered and done, the lives of people he'd pushed himself into and had intended on giving fruitfully into them. Even the musing of his own words that he'd occasional wonder upon in the silence of the studio when no one had been around. 

There had only been one phrase that he could consider responding back to the Green Eyed woman, eyes closed and a determined smile that graced his face even as he heard the encouragement that bolstered from Lorelei's mouth. "Bring it on."

Alex had remembered the various discussion that occurred when his inquiries on the blood that ran through his very veins had been voiced. It came down to the conscious choice in the more, conscious and active willing of picking whether or not he deigned to be fully Human through the Wizarding bloodline of his father or the option of the blood that had been given to him by his Mother. This had been the moment that he'd decided to reach for the very energy of the spirit that had always been inside of him, that scarred flicker that seemed to elude him at first. If not for awareness of the chain of energy that had been linked to him by the various generations it perhaps would have been even more difficult to clutch, it was as if he could imagine himself on another level entirely trying to hold to a presence beyond mere blood itself - a Foreign source of Magic from what he'd been expected to know. 

What came next was merely a prelude to the pain as his hands flexed and the tip of his nails pressed sharply into the ground. Body began to tighten as the aches radiated all over, starting from the center of his chest and expanded out towards the different extremities of his body: Shoulders, Arms, Neck, Legs and Feet, even as far as the center of his head. It had been very similar to what he'd be 'used to', that ever present ache that he'd been able to avoid for some time with the assistance of the many members that had been present in the room. Nothing that he'd experienced, not even when he had originally thought he'd been on his own deathbed could have prepared him for the sudden tick and change of events. 

Sheer fire deep within his veins, the blood that had filled through every portion of his body had been like a flare that constantly built up in power and presence to his body's receptors. Air rapidly flooded through his nostrils, unhindered by any need for it. Hand suddenly flattened straight to palms with every finger jittering in a spasm that sought to grasp for something but had been too overpowered by the effects throughout the body to even send the signal from the brain. His back arched and the tips of his elbows embedded angrily into the floor like the breaks of a car trying to halt from a dangerous crash. 

The shock that riddled through his entire system had clamped his eyes shut and the strength of his jaw pressed together almost as if it had locked in place with grunts that had bordered line the cry of pure agony. Sweat had already glossed and glistened across his body the amount practically mixed with the tears that welled up at his eyes and streamed, this had been the very epitome of the body torturing itself to purge the most heinous diseases from its system only to be fought back with a ferocity that waged war with such intensity. 

It seemed like years what only occurred in a matter of seconds and minutes and soreness had started to set in which only amplified the effects that rummaged through his now barely sustaining vital signs. The level of his chest hastened as his heart pumped for its dear life, each massive forceful thump taking longer to come to its conclusion to push blood through the body. With every effort within himself he tried to press his elbows further into the housing floor, the rough rubbings of the brief thrashings that would occur through out rubbed the skin raw until small streaks of blood peeled through.  

Everything throughout had been rapidly failing, even with pure will alone and the pain that threatened to overcome him, Alex found it difficult for his torso to be elevated. Shoulders pressed weakly against the ground, arms followed suit as his torso slowly descended and the rapid beating that had been so visible through his shirt quelled in softened pulses. Each one dropped lower than the last. The air that funneled through his nostrils weakened and grew shallow. 

The power in the room was so thick it was almost physical, and yet Bethianna knew that there was still a chance this would fail. Ensuring Alexander's mortal side didn't die before the sorceraic blood took full control was the aim, and by no means an easy one. Mortals lost energy at a rate that was difficult to keep up with, and an injured body was a vacuum for that energy. It simply flowed down the drain as fast as it could, sucking more from the nearest source---keeping nothing until everything was gone. 

This was why it was dangerous to try and keep a mortal alive beyond their natural life span. This was why you did not heal the dying. Injuries incompatible with life left even the strongest of their kind a broken mess. Some with wounds so deep they could not heal before their energy bled out for good. The dying mortal was a trap, too. Energy would always go to where it was needed most, and pulling back once it found such a target was like getting caught in a rip tide. 

Anna's task today was to monitor Alex closely, to determine whether his vital signs remained strong enough to keep going---or if he was destined for death no matter the power. If so, it would be her responsibility to break the chain and ensure the draining stopped. She had done it before. She had had to. 

First they began as they were, the family gathered and nothing more. Alex was in pain, she could tell. Caleb trembled on the couch, curled into Cass in his anxiety. Adele's eyes were closed, not wanting to watch. She had seen this before, done this before. Améa's gaze remained on Alex, willing him to be strong and survive as she did. The rush of power through Bethianna was enormous, and yet... with the trauma of the purge, he was losing it faster than they could supply.

He would not survive this alone. A pang of sorrow radiated from Bethianna and toward Alex, free hand grasping the violet pendant at her neck and breaking the chain roughly. This was the last resort, the only way it could be done. It had saved Lauren, it had woken Lorelei---but would it work here and now? Bethianna kept her head down, curls falling either side of her face to mask the glimmer of tears in her eyes, sliding the pendant between her palm and Alex's forehead.

And the rush, and the pain, increased tenfold.

Tally Staff ☆ Counselor, Profiler, Author, Psychologist★ LilyCat
121 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

The distress was so sharp, the woman had never sensed her niece so strongly before and that was what scared her the most. It had led to her teleporting to Adele's house without even a second thought, and letting herself in. What some might perceive as seconds, Caitlin absorbed as though it were minutes for her. From the women surrounding the young man she knew all too well, to the bloodied elbows and obvious signs of pain and the sense that his life was ebbing away. Jezebel - like her own twin sister - was focused on Alex, intent on offering her own willpower as strength for him. While Lorelei observed his life signs, barely aware of the blaze of red that moved like a streak into and across the room. Cassandra sensed it though, she knew Cate had arrived and her mind pleaded with the woman.

Cate didn't know exactly what she was supposed to do, she could only get strange inklings from something within Cassandra that she'd never realised was there before, and yet knew it was a part of her. Of both of them. She stopped beside the crouched red-haired woman, and lowered herself next to her, and Caitlin's hand moved forward in order to press over the other woman's.

And then time froze for a brief moment.

To those who were deeply in tune, those of her blood or of the original Six, it was almost like a pin being stuck into an inflatable castle, which had been full to bursting since the beginning of time, but concealed as though it didn't exist. Caitlin herself stopped breathing as something like a metaphysical shell shattered from around her, the ginger hair brightened and shined in that instant to a sunset colour, and seemingly ordinary eyes transformed into burning impossibly bright shades of turquoise, as her complexion paled naturally. Though the physical changes would go unnoticed compared to what had been brought up from beneath the surface. A well of power that had never been tapped, a century's worth at least, and it flowed easily to Bethianna, who could then use it to sustain Alexander, because of the impossible discovery of what she carried within.

Sorceraic magic. Concentrated and mingled with that of Fae.

Cassandra continued to hold onto Caleb as she watched, tears beginning to fall from her eyes. She hadn't wanted to believe it, what she'd felt earlier. But she could see it now, and she prayed that it would help Alex to fight through his ordeal. Even so, she knew somehow, through Cate, and through Bethianna, that this extra power was going to intensify Alex's pain only more. She couldn't imagine the agony he had to be feeling, and so she could only cuddle Caleb and stroke the boy's hair gently, as though to try and soothe them both. And she prayed that it was enough.

Caitlin herself was caught in something she both knew and didn't. And with the suddenness of the connection and the shattering of the curse which had concealed her for so long, she suddenly received snippets of places she didn't know, times she didn't remember. Her brother was at the forefront of these, the red haired boy, forever jovial, laughing and singing and bringing smiles to others.

"What is that...?" A young girl, she could sense something almost like a scar in her brother's energy. It was strange, but important somehow.

"Mother did it... to stop me from leaking," Came the response, before he flicked her nose. But then she placed her hand on him to search... and received memories from him.

Pain, burning through his veins... a woman trying to hold back tears as she used a method taught to her by one of the Elder ones, to try and repair her baby boy's power leak. A number of times... over a course of weeks... the baby screaming, but she refused to give up. But it worked, gradually, over time, until he was whole.

In the current time, Cate was frozen in her spot, knowing that she was offering something important here, but for the life of her she was confused and suddenly quite terrified. She didn't dare look at the woman beside her, she couldn't, because she knew her. She didn't know how, she couldn't remember how, and yet, images flashed in her mind. A mother doting on her healthy son as he ran around. A flash of contemplation over the fate of another child she was carrying. Confliction upon the birth of a girl, and seeing her for the first time.

Caitlin closed her eyes and ducked her head, she had to push down everything that had suddenly rose, which was threatening to consume her and draw her away from what was happening here. But she couldn't. She would do anything for Cassandra, to make sure that the girl would have a happy life, and right now that meant offering whatever it was she had that apparently everyone else here did as well, to give Alexander the chance to fight for his life.

"When we leave, we'll forget?"

"Don't worry, sister. Even if we forget everything else, we have each other and Padraig McBobbin... and maybe... maybe one day Mother will find us on the outside..."

Catelin bit on her lip. The memories had to stop, They weren't important right now. And so the woman took a breath and focused purely on Alexander, willing him to remember everything that he was fighting for right now. She may not have understood what was going on, but she could follow the flow of everyone else around her easily enough, as the storage of power she'd held was gradually given to help him hold on for longer, regardless of the extra agony that it would put him through.

Chaos, there had been no other descriptor that could amount all that had been going through his body. Energy poured within, the hole ever presence within him only sputtered it out, like a fractured glass that refused to keep anything inside passed a certain point. Each time air passed through raw feeling lungs whether it be to inhale or exhale left only a burning sensation that radiated through the entire chest cavity. It had already been a pain designed to be placed at another level entirely, even in his own mind during the rapid signals that beckoned for his body to acknowledge the stabbing momentum that radiated about, he cursed himself at underestimating the amount of tolerance that had been needed. 

His sensory capabilities had nearly been shot, keeping him from being aware of any form of individual. Whether it'd been feeling out their energy or physically seeing them, it had been impossible in the moment to even care to acknowledge. There had been a new presence on his skin that he could feel and even merely feeling it touch against his flesh sent a throbbing pain that radiated across his entire forehead, as if it had attempted to scald him with his own sore and blood rushed flesh. It had only been the start of what would soon be impressed upon him, what could only been described as a constant fire in his veins warped drastically. 

This new addition of a presence being pressed into him tormented his body like a parasite that wriggled deeper and deeper to the core of his person. Writhing on the floor, his body shifted in different ways with each limb parting away from one another as if it had wanted to contort and break away, each of his limbs felt as if a new life of their own had warranted them to seek their own savior in retreating. Only to be tortured by being unable to pull any further away from the main host without any hope, any relief. 

Alexander wasn't in the position to perceive Caitlin nor the presence of power that had been unlocked. Even his own capability of foresight had been stripped away in this moment, his unique sixth sense clouded by the anguish. What followed after had been more energy, it felt as if someone had been intentionally trying to torture him for every bit of information that he had no clue about. It tore through him in a maelstrom that raged from the inside out, threatening to consume his entire body. It had been this extra notched level that caused his body to contort in various directions even further, arms twisted and turned as if they'd break without proper restraint, legs tightened and kneecaps turned inward as the appendages wanted to snap off and away. 

Eyes clutched even tighter, tears of water had ceased and only left with two strands of blood that stained and smeared along cheek while his body thrashed about and his breath tried to catch itself. It had already felt suffocating from the physical manifestation from the power that had built up within the atmosphere, but now, now it had felt as if a literal person had been pressing every portion of their strength into his lungs forcing him to fight even harder to breath and catch his breath. It only seemed to let loose what had been buried deep down and not from lack of trying, not from any internal strength he had but merely because of the level of pain.

A new tier had been reached and it unleashed an inhuman wail.  His body felt as if it would begin to collapse from the inside out, there could be no medication, magic, or divine being that could assuage the torrent of hell that had wrecked havoc through his entire body. Even deep within his mind there could be no sense of thoughts, if people had thought what he sounded-like could mark him as some form of monster from the depth of the dark void, then the screams that echoed in his own mind would equate to a cacophony of Banshee's being ripped apart. 

Bethianna tried to block out the sound of it. The clear agony that Alex was in beneath her palm, it radiated out from him, in ripples that stung each of the blue. Sweat began to bead on foreheads, discomfort and exhaustion setting in. There seemed to be no end in sight, and still his body insisted on death. They were going to lose him. They were going to lose Alex, and this would all have been for nothing---they hadn't had enough. Hadn't been enough. His last moments had been nothing but torture, and this was the end. Bethianna knew there couldn't be much left to give.

Soon she would have to pull back. Let nature take its course. Admit that the Violet had been wasted, the remnants of a soul she'd held onto for centuries just gone on this small thread of hope. There were no more chances after this, her brother was gone now. Saved so long while she tried to find a way to return him to strength, and now... it was done. She had gambled the last of him away. 

A hand touched hers. A sudden new flood of energy, a well as-yet untapped. It came with the same electric jolt that she had felt when attending to Cass, only stronger. Sorceraic energy for certain, but how? Memories intruded at the edge of her conscious, snippets of another world she had been banished from. Faces buried in the deepest recesses of her memories, so foggy but so definitely there. It was not possible though. This was---Bethianna didn't know, she didn't trust it to be true, but the end result was what mattered.

Alexander was in desperate pain, and there was nothing she could do for that---but with the new arrival (Bethianna didn't dare look up either, afraid of what she might see and of losing her focus)---something had changed. The last of the wizarding blood was burning out, the fight would soon be over. Alex's vitals were strengthening, even as the pain increased. Anna let out a long breath, tired arms shaking. She relaxed, just a little.

And that was her mistake.

"Stop it! You're hurting him!" Caleb wrestled himself away from Cass, bowling through the circle to tackle Bethianna and throw himself over Alex's writhing form. The contact broken, Alex began to die again, faster than before, Caleb clutching at his uncle and refusing to let go. Almost immediately, the young boy began to fade, his desperation to save Alex not unlike Améa's gifting of her strength to Zane---only Caleb did not have much to give. And Caleb did not know that what he was doing. 

"No!" Adele screamed, her pain ripping through the group as she watched her son wither in seconds. Bethianna regained herself, shoving Caleb away from Alex roughly---but the damage was done. Caleb lay limp on the floor, only a shallow breath between worlds. 

Grabbing Caitlin's hand, the nearest she could find, Bethianna steeled herself against the electric intrusion that threatened to bring back more memories, curling the pendant into Cait's fingers and pressing her hand against Alex's forehead before moving across to the deathly silent Caleb. 

"Alexander will heal," she said in a low, rough voice. "He is past the worst now. Give him strength." The direction was to all of them, while she focused her efforts on Caleb. What could she possibly do? Even Bethianna didn't know. The mortal boy dragged everything from her as he fought his losing battle, Anna clawed at the carpet with one hand, desperate to find more. Something more. If any tried to help, she forced them backward -- it was foolish to try and save a mortal. You couldn't save a mortal. They drowned you with them.

But still, she tried.

Until there was nothing left. And Bethianna, too, sank to the floor beside Caleb. Both silent and unmoving.

Everything occurred so quickly, and Cassandra could only watch on at the pain that Alex was clearly in, while she clutched tightly onto Caleb. Lorelei and Jezebel both continued to concentrate, despite the clear discomfort that those who were related to Alex were going through. Though, somehow, Cassandra knew that Caitlin's arrival had helped, it had tipped the balance to Alex's favour, given just that final bit needed to purge the last of the mortal blood. She didn't know how she knew this, perhaps it was from being able to sense Caitlin and Bethianna so keenly. Now, Alex just had to return to them, regain his strength... unfortunately, it was then that Caleb had decided it was enough. Cassandra's eyes widened and she tried to grab for him as he dragged himself from her hold, only to stare on in horror as the boy threw himself onto Alexander.

"Caleb, no!" It was too late, even as Cass scrambled forward on her hands and knees to try and get to him, though Bethianna had got him first. The younger woman's hands lifted to cover her mouth, trembling at how still the boy appeared, and then as Anna gave her own strength to try and save him. No, this was wrong, all of this was. She had to do something, anything. Alex was going to be alright, but it wasn't supposed to be at the cost of two more lives. Especially not a child's. Frozen, the young woman stared at the still bodies, she could feel the life ebbing. So long as Caleb continued dying, then Bethianna would as well.

Flashes of the past intruded on her mind. Staring into the lifeless eyes of her parents. The shimmering gold of her mother's eyes fading out as her hair slowly turned white. A golden-eyed unicorn galloping in a garden she couldn't remember. The rock that she transformed into a tree and flowers in Elemental magic. The animals and plants that responded to her.

But none of that helped her right now. She couldn't  make sense of everything going on around her, her mind jumbled and the pain that radiated through Alex's family also affecting her through the twins. Instead, the young woman knelt beside Caleb, lifting his head into her lap to cradle while she stroked gently at his hair, and she reached a hand to clasp at Bethianna's. Tears fell along her cheeks as Cassandra tried to think of anything she could do that wouldn't make her feel so useless in this situation. And still, Alex had yet to regain any strength... but what kind of scene would he come back to? Quietly, Cass began to sing to Caleb, wishing silently that there was more that she could do.

Jezebel released a quiet sob as she remained stood, gripping her mother's and her daughter's hands. Between the pain that ran through them all, and the despair over Caleb's error, it was becoming overwhelming. Meanwhile, Lorelei struggled with her own emotions and with not rushing down to try and help somehow to give Caleb and Bethianna more energy. Just as it looked like everything was going to work out, it had taken a wrong turn, and now there would be consequences.

Caitlin had listened to Bethianna's words and obeyed them, offering her strength to Alex as she held the gem to his forehead. She was aware of what else was going on, and was struggling not to break down herself, but she had a job - having taken the place of Anna as the one to channel the power into Alex - and would see it to it's end, not budging until such a time as the young man came to once again. To add to the process, she tried to use what she had gleaned in order to slow the leak in him. She could sense it now, and she knew how to fix it. It wouldn't be done today, but eventually, she knew she could repeat what had been done to her brother.

Receding, the mortal blood within in his veins had started to recede bit by bit without out end in sight to the pain itself. He'd wanted to pull it in, to save the risk of being 'felt' but it hadn't been an option, a risk to the process due to the unique connection that linked through each one of them. Physically and Spiritually, he was being rewritten in a way that most wouldn't even fathom as possible or even gentle. The change was noticeable at any rate to his body, that there had been a brief moment where he wouldn't make it - a point where his foot had been so close to the grave that life wouldn't be a memory. 

The energy that pushed his pain to unimaginable levels gave way to balancing out his vital signs, to some extent. There was enough strength inside of him that he could push for the triumph and yet the only thing that reverberated in his mind had been the pain, that deeper uncertainty that maybe it was just too much for him to press on any further. Power, it was there but after all of it he questioned if he had the willpower to muster up and over the hurdle that laid before him. 

And then it happened. . .   

A small body pressed on his own, the clutched motion - it was different - why could he feel the difference? It was desperation, concern, sadness - loss. Teeth clutched tightly as the surface of the feelings Caleb harbored causes his fingers to clutch against the floor and drag. It felt as if the maw of death hastened again and not just for himself, there had been two lives being sapped at a rapid pace. The tumultuous emotions that sparked around the room had been more impacting, the more the mortal blood drained the more apparent it had been even as it dimmed from the fact that the new Sorceraic energy within, what had been built up had been following suit through that tear. 

'No. . .' His mind protested weakly, it wasn't meant to turn towards this direction. The breathing in his lungs had started to stall, fighting for and easier passage for air. The cost was barreling too high, the cost wasn't to anyone else's pay and it wounded him more than the scar that he'd been born with along his metaphysical form. Slowly the perception of his mind had slipped towards the plane in between - That consciousness within himself. Utter darkness yet there had been a spark of fragile light that had pushed into him, the bit of Caleb. 

A resonation echoed through the darkness inside, a purple hue shined and pulsed with another's strength behind it pushing forwards. It was foreign, this wasn't Bethianna that he'd felt. The purple had been dull but seemed to react within him, as if it had acknowledged pieces of it resigned within himself and sought to be made whole within a single entity. It brought back every sense of the pain once more at its heightened potency. 

Physically his body had started to curl inwards on itself, tightened into a ball as if he'd been preparing for a cocoon. Body shivered and shook, both from the pain and the awareness that broadened by the second. 

Deeper within his consciousness the blackness had been brightened, there was a difference feeling and atmosphere within. Alien and yet familiar, something else had connected to him. Maybe it was accurate to say someone, a weakened strand ran through the this portion inside of him, connected and melded and yet. . . It had seemed as if the pulse had been low. He couldn't conceive it or even truly explaining it to himself but he had understood the meaning behind it. That sense that he was himself and yet not himself alone, that someone shared and understood him deeper than any other could possible and in turn it gradually become more true to him in turn. 

Within himself there had been parts of him that hadn't made sense still, there was another's spirit comingled within his own and it made it difficult to sort where he began and where it ended. This must have been the presence of the Violet, the one whom he nearly shared the same fate as mere moments and perhaps even now he'd been in that same risk. A hushed whisper eased from his lips in that void. 

'Thia. . .'

It beckoned Alexander's mind to push back into the realm of reality and the material realm, the gasp of life taken within himself as he groaned out a pained sound as his body shifted. Palms pressed against the floor and then tightened up into a fist as he took in the heaviness of the air, the atmosphere. ". . .Up. . ." A single word fell from his lips in a barely audible whisper. It took every ounce of his physical strength to even speak, he'd been growing increasingly defiant of his pain, of that inner 'demon' that called for him to end the pain to save people from watching him suffer much longer. 

"Get. . . Up. . ." It was a demand, not just to his own body - it had been a demand for Caleb and Bethianna as if he expected that it could do any effort from mere words alone. This all couldn't be for naught, it could risk any people. His mind constantly bashed against the idea that either of two could be lost form his grasp after all of this effort, after all of his bluster of personal strength. It was the potential loss of those he wanted to live along side himself that lit the fire of his want for survival - that reminder of the memories that flooded into his mind. 

Promising Caleb that they'd make a band, to Bethianna that he had wanted the chance to understand the woman and make her proud and to find that solution to defy death for those like himself. To Adele and her Children that they'd all have all the time that could be possible. . . Even to the more childlike desire as Sibling that he'd try to get their own Mother, Lillian, to see more than just the potential pain.

Alexander tried to rock to rock towards his side with immense strain that throttled through his entire system like a hammer hitting a gong. His eyes had still been held tightly close, the ability to open them hadn't been taken, opting to try the most difficult option of shifting himself about. 

Tally Staff ☆ Tallygarunga Librarian★ Sadrienne
41 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

"Caley!" the howl that came from Adele was primal, inhuman, accompanied by a burst of agonised grief not unlike the one that had brought the family together after David's murder. Améa's hand gripped hers tight, and Adele found herself unable to move from where she stood. Unable to catch her little boy, unable to do what she could to save him. Which would be... nothing. If she broke from the chain they would lose Caleb and Alex. If anything could be done, it would be up to the far more powerful Bethianna to do it.

Lauren's chest tightened as she listened to Adele sob in fear, at first angry that the woman would pretend at being distraught while doing nothing, only to realise that she also could not move her hands nor her feet. Across the room Millea's golden eyes watched, impassive. The magic that held them had a golden hue, but why? Lauren scowled at the woman, opened her mouth to say her piece---and realised she could not talk either. 

"Lea, what are you doing?" Lillian hissed, tilting her head toward the still figures on the floor. 

"Thia made her choice. She chose the boy." Millea replied, calm as ever. "You know the cost of interfering with mortal life, Lian. As did she. I came today because you had a hope that the older boy might survive by his own strength, do so naturally and become one of us proper. I did not come here to watch each of you throw away your lives to save what cannot--should not--be saved." As she said this, Millea looked around at the assembled family each in turn. Most of them, she knew, were desperate to see to Caleb. 

The colour had drained from Bethianna, her skin a disconcerting shade of almost grey. Hair dulled, brittle, dry as it had been at the Unwedding after her efforts to protect Alex. That had been bad, and this was still worse. The signature of her energy was near non-existent, a faint star in another universe rather than the blazing sun it should have been. If there was breath in her lungs or a beat in her heart, it was too weak to detect. She didn't move. Her eyes were open, staring out across the livingroom floor---irises clear as glittering diamonds and just as cold. Empty. 

"Tahearn'anna..." Améa said in a shaky breath. "She is be... nothing left."

"She knew the cost." Millea repeated. It was unlike Bethianna to be so sentimental, and that had Millea slightly thrown. She expected this behaviour from her twin, had thought Bethianna knew better. Millea was disappointed to say the least.

On Cass's knee, Caleb drew in a sudden breath. His whole body jerked with the effort, hands and feet rising from the carpet. The next breath was more gentle, and another came after. His heartbeat started to tick a steady rhythm, and he writhed with an ache that hit him suddenly. Like his whole body had been compressed into a tiny space, and only now did he have freedom to move. 

"My baby..." Adele whispered, a glimmer of hope as Caleb's head tilted upward from the knee it rested on, eyelids fluttering open to look up at Cass. In spite of the pain, Caleb felt strong and vibrant. Every second he felt more complete, like his body was a jigsaw puzzle putting itself together in fast forward. Confused by what had just happened, he stared up at Cass, waiting for his bearings to come back. Stared up, looking for answers. Stared up, with an understanding and connection he'd never felt before.

Caleb stared up, with eyes of the deepest emerald green.

As Alex attempted to move, Caitlin held his shoulder with one hand, the other continuing to hold the pendant to his forehead, refusing to allow him or anyone make the sacrifice a waste. She didn't know how she knew what to do, but that brief contact with the woman she was terrified to watch right now, knowing what was happening, had opened up a link to knowledge. And Caitlin's gift had always been Echo... the ability to absorb and repeat what she learned, heard, felt, saw. She didn't understand this, didn't know what kind of people they were, but knew what she had to do. It was more than just about making sure he had strength, it was about being certain that he had the ability to retain it, a process she would begin him on now... because she was the only one who held that knowledge.

That didn't stop tears from forming, sliding down pale cheeks, with what she could sense happening nearby. She had so many questions that would now be unanswered. It was as though she'd finally found the key she had been searching for all her life, only to find herself swept up in a sudden avalanche of history and knowledge that would threaten to drown her, her guide having left her to face it.

Lorelei struggled against the hold that the family was placed under, though knew it was useless. She couldn't move, or yell. Stuck watching as events played out, as they lost one of their six and Lea simply explained it away as Thia's choice. While Jezebel stared at everything going on, her own tears leaving streaks along her cheeks. What could they do? They were losing Caleb and Bethianna. Her throat closed up in mild horror to watch the woman who literally dried up every last ounce of her magic in trying to save Caleb.

It was Cassandra who felt the subtle shifting, linked to the two who were lying on the carpet as she was. Caitlin was focusing her concentration on Alex, distracted from the change, but the younger redhead felt it as sure as though a current ran right through her. Her lips parted as she stared, first at the shell that had been Bethianna - her grandmother - the sight a reminder of her own mother's death. But then her gaze moved to Caleb, before he even took that first gasp of air. But once he did, she released Anna's hand, knowing there was nothing left inside the vessel, and placed both of hers on Caleb's cheeks as he struggled. She knew what was happening. She couldn't believe it, but she knew.

"It's alright, I got you," Cass murmured quietly to him, and upon seeing his eyes open, the green that looked at her, and feeling that connection between them increase, she released a choked mixture of a sob and laugh of relief. She sniffed and nodded, able to feel the change in him, and she offered just a fraction of her own strength, mindful of the twins, to help him through the rest. "You're going to be okay," She whispered, and pressed a kiss to the boy's forehead, and with that kiss the last of her own curse appeared to crumble as the red of her hair flowed darker to an almost bloody crimson, more full of life and glossy. The triple rings in her eyes brightened, and her complexion was almost moon-like porcelain.

"He's alright, he's coming back to us... Anna, she... he's... somehow Accepted too," The redhead looked up at Adele, to reassure the mother of her son, and what had happened, before moving just enough to show the change in him. Inhaling deeply, Cassandra then continued to hold Caleb until such a time as his own transformation was complete, knowing that what had occurred here was nothing short of a miracle.