Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
October, 2019 :: Spring
Sign in to follow this  

Complete Chillout Session (Dec. 17th '17)

Melbourne ☆ Musician & Vocalist★ LilyCat
24 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

As much as she loved and often preferred the livelier and louder gigs at pubs, clubs, and other nightspots, there was something to be said about having an easy chill session during the middle of the day in the city center. Plenty of people wandering by, doing their Christmas shopping at this time of year, and stopping to enjoy the tunes, as well as those who were just sitting to have some lunch, or even waiting for their next tram.

It also meant that Gemini could have Gabrielle with her, the five year old happy to sit beside her mother, while she and her band mates did their thing. Though, today it was just she with her guitar - which was set down in it's case for now as she took a break from it after the past few songs - and Trav, who also played guitar, but had a xylophone out for the next number.

The male set the beat by tapping his foot, and then the music began, shortly followed by the pair's voices as they sang a cover of Say Something, probably their last song for the day.

The problem sometimes with music, however, was that it could hit someone deeply, and Gemini should have known that this particular number would do that to her. She'd sang it at a funeral only a few years ago, for someone that she wasn't even certain at the time was dead. The body had never been found, after all. But it hurt all the same, as she'd used the number to say her goodbye.

Those memories were fresh right now as she sang with passion and emotion filling her voice that projected through the close vicinity, causing a number of admirers to stop and listen. As much as a detriment emotion could be, it was also an ally to an artist, it gave power to their chosen art, and right now it gave her a lot of power.

In fact, there was a small crowd by the time the performing duet trailed off the end of the song, followed by a small applause, which brought a smile from the young woman, even as she lifted a hand to wipe a stray tear.

"Are you sad, Mama?" The voice of Gabrielle reached Gemini's ears, and the young woman had to laugh quietly before picking up the girl onto her lap and giving her a strong cuddle.

"Nah, I'm fine, gorgeous," Gemini reassured the girl, and then looked over to Trav, who was packing up his gear. Yep, ending on a high note was definitely a call. The pair spoke for a couple of minutes, before the man headed off, and Gem then began to make sure her guitar and anything else she needed was packed safely, before picking up the case and glancing around with a sigh, "What say we get something to eat, eh Munchkin?" She smiled down at Gabby as she began to walk, before accidentally smacking someone in the leg with her guitar case.

"Oh, shit! Sorry!" Gemini looked over at whoever she'd hit, offering an apologetic smile. The least she could do was try not to be clumsy.
(Gemini)

Melbourne ☆ Investigative Journalist✩ Kaitore
27 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ HE/HIM

What would someone like him being out at this time of -day-? Well, the truth sleeps for no one and sometimes it required him to go above and beyond the call of duty and deal with the occasional pain that was the brief dusk light. In this chase his hair was let down to offer a form of shielding as well as well fitted shades. It also didn't hurt that he applied a bit of sun block for the just in case scenario that he couldn't dodge the rays of light under the shadows of the buildings, posts, and decorations that lingered within the area. "Are you sure that's happening? A massive small business buy up?" The lute player that performed on the side nodded while a wad of cash is dropped into his case. "Yea, man. . .I don't know what's going on but it seems like a lot of back door trades, ya know?"

It was all code - it was how he had to hide a lot of what he was doing and make it seem as if it were just 'normal talk' to those that passed by. In short? Some group had set up shop within the are and had been targeting mostly non-humans and the worse bet was someone had been selling those other people out for some kind of benefit but none of his leads seemed to clear up the who, where, or major fluctuation of where it was happening. Marcus pressed his fingers through the raven locks as he sighed briefly. "Thanks, Sammy. Come by later I'll set you up with some hot soup. You look like you haven't eaten in -ages-" Who said the street performer's life was lucrative? The least that he could do is offer him a meal every once in a while for the bits of information that often passed by him.

Suddenly his ears picked up a song in the distance that seemed like it came from a. . . Pair? A form of duet as his attention averted from the lute performer towards the center of the districts area. "Oh~ What's this?" Though it was vocally spoken it was a rhetorical question but the performer close by didn't seem to catch that hint from the Egyptian man." Oh yea, yea - they've been at it for a bit! They're really good. Thanks to them I was able to get more business than usual." A brief laughter echoed by a coughing fit followed after the lute performer's words.

Marcus chuckled as he tapped the man's shoulder. "Relax there, Chummer. Don't forget to come by I'll check on you later." His finger extended out towards the performer to add a gesture towards the insinuation. It was short lived as he made his way closer towards the performance but it seemed he had missed it by just a tad not able to catch sight of those that had been the center of a the collected crowds enticement. "Well dam-" Lament couldn't be offered fast enough as the sound and feeling of a heavy guitar case with its quarry trapped inside smacked right against his leg. He winced for several reason, the first being that the broadness of its surface that rubbed along his silk trousers -irritated- the crap out of his skin. He could only sharply inhale to keep its effect under wraps. Followed by his sunglasses that dropped from his face and as an attempt to better his footing from the shifting bodies around himself that threatened to knock him off kilter caused a misguided foot to step and shatter the lens. The cracked sound echoed in his ear drums as he let out another yet much lighter sigh - those were expensive pairs! Tailor fit so that his eyes would resist the more violent rays of the light that made it a bit more difficult to see. "Crap..." That had multiple meanings itself, this threatened his façade to hide what he was in just a single moment.

That didn't seem to matter as his eyes drifted up to spot a woman with her child as a single hand sheltered over his brow to block the sun as he gazed towards them. "Ah, It's no big deal, really." He tried to wave it off despite the irritations his body had started to hone in on. Luckily enough, it was midday so his eyes adjusted much faster than if it were extremely bright outside. "I should have watched where I was going. Way too many people out, heh, so how was your performance? Got a nice enough crowd?" He assumed she was a street performer who maybe used the cuteness of his kiddo to awe the crowd along with skill. The smile that braced his face was boyish and charming it was purely instinctual for him to let this side of him free.

With the performance done for the day and the crowd breaking up, Gemini would be happy to just grab something to eat with Gabrielle and then maybe go home and relax under the air conditioner for the rest of the day. Not that it was a really hot day today, it was actually one of the more bearable one, which was why she and Trav had set up to play a little. Not only did they manage to sell a few EPs, but it was also great advertisement, and often meant they got a few extra people at their gigs.

Thoughts of exactly what Gem and her daughter were going to get to eat, however, went out the window momentarily when she not only bumped into a man, but also apparently caused him to drop his sunglasses and... crunch. Yep, that really wasn't a great sound, never was at all, especially when followed up by an expletive.

"Oh man," Gemini groaned a little as she cringed, her quick daughter picking up the broken glasses before she could, in order to offer them back to the man with a heartbreaking pout from the five old. But the mother had caught sight of them, and the brand, "Those aren't cheap, I really am sorry." She apologised again, this time more so because there was actual damage that cost money.

The young woman was honestly kind of surprised that he wasn't a little more pissed, though she was definitely picking up on some kind of irritation. Empathy could be a bothersome thing, sometimes she couldn't exactly pinpoint what was the cause of something, but she could almost swear that he was really uncomfortable about a lot of things right now, despite his smile, including the sun.

"Uh, the performance?" Gemini blinked and rubbed the back of her neck, she had to concentrate and try to force back the feeling she was getting from this guy. "Was pretty good, actually got a couple of sales from it, and a few people grabbed our playing schedule, so we might get a few extras at some of our upcoming gigs." The woman nodded as her lips tugged up into a small smirk, before she felt a tug on her hand and glanced down at her daughter a moment, before then chuckling.

"Don't mind the sprout, she's hungry. Uh, I can get you a drink or burger or something to apologise for the shades?" Gemini offered, she really did feel bad about the guy's sunglasses. "I'm Gemini, by the way. And the cutiepie is Gabrielle."

(Gemini)

Eyes peered on the young girl who seemed to offer up a pout along with what remained of his glasses, those frames were definitely a good chunk of change to influence through the right channels so that it didn't lead back to him. Annoying so if he had to admit it but it could be overlooked after all accidents did happen and one shouldn't dwell on them. Not unless he wanted to be like his Mother's family anyways.

A hand inched out to grasp the edges of the frame as he bowed his head subtly towards the young girl. "Thank you, I appreciate it." It was genuine but he had to make sure that his lips moved barely above his teeth to avoid alerting her of his more parasitic nature. Luckily enough he didn't need to thrive on blood nor did he have an urge for it. Marcus looked towards Gemini as his head made a declining shake. "It's all good, folks tell me I spend too much trying to look good. Next time I'm getting the Walmart brands." It was a brief joke but maybe he internally wanted to hope cheaper alternatives were around at least until he could manage to contact his supplier.

As the legs of the frames closer inwards and shoved into his pockets his hand rose up to flow a few of his loosened locks over his eyes to offer better shade. It was better than nothing in his perspective. "That's pretty sweet. I usually come around these streets often enough to visit a performing friend, didn't think I'd see such a crowd pool up. Figured someone better have come out on top from all that publicity. Mind find themselves in some random newspaper as an article focus." That wasn't a joke, someone must have had an enchanted camera and he could always pay for the shots and write up a bit of a blurb. "But you know what they say, when a snowball rolls down hill it turns into an avalanche. Before you know it you'll have fans wanting autographed t-shirts with your faces on it."

Eating? He was famished and the urge to have his tongue sweep across his fangs in consideration. "Hey, I'd tug at someone too if I was hungry. You're not yourself when you're hungry so I hear." Now that he thought about it. . . He could go for a snickers. "But sure, I've learned never to look a gift guitarist in the mouth when it comes to food. " He wanted to say he preferred somewhere with shade or on the inside but he knew he had to deal for the time being. "Gemini and Gabrielle? G & G? I like the relation there."

Marcus gave a charm laced smile as his eyes scanned both of them for a moment. He had no reason to hide his name, at least the name he chose to use in this part of the world. "I'm Marcus - nice to meet you both. Now are you sure you want to try and buy me food? You have no idea how deep this pit really is you know." He really wasn't going to go all out, personally, he didn't even consider it as a big deal that the glasses were shattered.

The young girl seemed to study the man curiously as he accepted his broken glasses back, her gaze narrowing as though she spotted something, head tilting in thought. But then she offered a bright smile and that appeared to be that. Who could ever tell what a five year old might be thinking anyway?

"Wrong country, if you're looking for Walmart, friendo," Gemini chuckled before smirking a little, "Don't worry, made that mistake tons of times myself, took me ages before I remembered. But, there's a Woolworths around, and Coles, or even Aldi if you wanna go super cheap." A light grin tugged at Gemini's lips before she offered a gentle shrug, "Best bet is to just go to the Queen Vicky Market though. Tons of stalls there that sell cheap knock-offs if you still want to look good."

In fact, the various markets around Melbourne were Gemini's favourite places to visit, not just because of the stalls and the absolutely non-designer clothing and other weird trinkets you could find, but because the crowds were lively and fun. Plus, market-goers always left the best tips, and always bought the most EPs.

"Hah, I somehow doubt it about the celebrity status stuff, not that I care about that stuff anyway. I perform for the enjoyment of it. I love music, why not share what I love and am good at?" Seemed pretty logical to the young woman, besides it wasn't exactly as though she was in dire need of money. She had a small fortune just sitting in a savings account that she barely ever touched. "There's an underground cafe near here, best burgers in the city," Gemini smirked as she nodded toward the direction, and then offered her hand at his introduction.

"Great to meet you, Marcus, even though I'm still sorry about the shades. If you give me an address, I can mail a pair of knock-offs after I go to the market next," The young woman grinned again, grabbing her daughter's hand once again after her own was released, and schooling her expression despite picking up more of that sensitivity and irritation. "Let's get out of the sun, eh? Looks like it might get hot and we don't want to roast, do we pumpkin?"

Gabby grinned up at her mum and shook her head easily, definitely didn't want to roast. The girl was also eager to get food, it seemed as she began to hurry ahead, pulling on Gemini's arm as though trying to pull her along.

(Gemini)

A mental hum resonated in his own mind as he considered the young girls reaction. Needless to say, jumping to conclusions especially about a child wasn't his style. Though he also knew better than to shelf the intuitive nature of children, much like the homeless, they always knew and saw a lot more than typical everyday adults did. The one link in stories that always survive to tell the tale of 'I always knew what they were!'. He needed to stop watching Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction at night.

"Aaaah, may it happen one day! I'll hold out dearly!" There seemed to be a dramatic flair within his motions for a brief moment before his head shook. "Woolworths? I imagine I won't find just cotton and lamb chops there, eh?" Bad joke, even he had to admit that. But with a name like -that- it was like walking into a brick wall that said 'MAKE SHEEP JOKES'. "I do like the idea of cheap knock-off's. . . I need to re-stock on my Duchess and Gardana's." Marcus couldn't help but offer a sly smirk as the hits kept coming through his mind, knock-off's were always just a hilarious joke anywhere he went.

But that sure was something new, doing it just to bring a bit of enjoyment to others? Perhaps not new but it was something most often said yet never meant it deep down. Who wouldn't want to be a bit famous as a celebrity- Okay, so maybe he wouldn't per say but maybe others wouldn't either.

His nostrils flared opened to take in a calmed breath at the thought of an underground café - it was almost as if this woman had been psychic! Hopefully not -too- psychic but at least it meant he'd be in a more comfortable setting. As his hand extended out to grasp hers to complete into a shake, laughter albeit a slight one escaped from him. "Best burgers in the city? That's a pretty high claim to tote around."

Marcus pulled his hand away only to delver it into the pocket of his pants. "Hey, it's all good. You don't need to worry about replacing them I can handle that easily." If he went into the entire spiel of how very specific the lenses needed to be along with the kind of enchantments that were placed on them then it'd lead to a lot more questions than he actually wanted to answer or remark towards. "Yes. . . Roasting is bad. . ." At least in his case it's more of like a long term cooking spree if he stayed out too long. The progenitor of him would probably burst into flames like a fresh spit hog. "Too much of a good thing leaves bright red marks, easy to smack hard to dull the pain."

"Hah! I kinda hope not, I like Australia the way it is without adding even more of my home country's influence," In case he couldn't tell already that the young woman was from the US, Californian born and raised. Her brows rose at the bad joke, however, and she then snorted as they seemed to continue, before taking her head with a sigh, "Wow, and I thought it was only dad's who were allowed to tell terrible jokes. Even I'm not that bad." Gem snickered quietly, before nodding, "But yeah, Woolies is a grocery store. They're everywhere, so you should know that."

Unless the guy was so new to the country that he really hadn't seen much of the city. But he'd just been saying that he was chatting with the friend before, so was either pulling her leg, or really had forgotten that there was no Walmart here. Didn't really matter though, certainly not with the constant sensation of irritation on her skin and discomfort that seemed to come from the sun. Maybe the guy was photosensitive.

"A bold claim, perhaps, but also a pretty accurate one. Seriously, even the American cafe type places they have around the city don't hold a candle to the burgers at this place," And Gemini knew her burgers. They were probably her favourite food, and she was not ashamed at all to admit that she considered herself a burger connoisseur because of it. She indicated for him to tag along as she began toward a corridor entrance that seemed to lead into a small arcade of hidden shops, and a set a stairs that went downward.

"Well, if you're not letting me get your some replacement shades, then a burger will have to do, huh? Whatchu think, Gabs?" Gemini's gaze shifted fondly to her daughter, who was holding her hand while the woman carried her guitar case in her other while they walked.

"Can I have a chocolate milkshake?" Was the response from Gabrielle, causing her mother to snicker quietly before then offering a gentle nod. She'd been really good today, and Gemini tended to have difficulty saying no to the little girl anyway a lot of the time. Besides... a chocolate milkshake sounded awesome right now.

"Alright, I might get one too. What about you, Marc?"

(Gemini)

"What~?! Come on, It's called having home comforts! Okay, no, it's called market expansion. . . But it's nicer when you think of 'Home' without ACTUALLY having to go home."He chuckled slightly. Then again. . . Somethings just really belonged back home and far away from a person. Like. . . The North from South pole far. "Hey. . . That was gold. That wasn't even dad joke level. Not enough 'sports', 'champs', and the very uncomfortable talk on how I need to mow the lawn." Not like he could really mow a lawn on a summer day though the winter time? Sure why not! Most of it was dead anyways! "Well~ To be honest. . . I don't pay attention to stores much." He shrugged slightly though tried to laugh it off as his hand reached to rub the back of his neck. "I'm a journalist by trade. Our meals involve anything I slam into a microwave or take as an MRE from some very generous military veteran."

It wasn't a lie either, when was the last time he had a cooked meal? Prepared with actual care and ingredients, something not designed to hold off hunger with high amounts of salt or some very questionable preservation need? Though she would be on point with his having 'Photosensitivity' he did fit all the definitional terms for it.

"Oh, ho, ho! I think I found a burger snob! I never thought I'd actually encounter that kind of thing." His smile grew into a teasing grin. "Now do you have them bring your ketchup and mustard individually wrapped in lettuce or something?" It was good to be able to have a bit of a jest-fest with someone. Long hours with minimal social activity that wasn't work related could grind on any persons sanity and ability to deal with people. This was one of the few times he could consider it a 'therapeutic medicinal assistances'.

A audible hum pushed from his throat almost as if he were really considering the offer given. It was clear by his face that he had already made a decision on that question the moment it was asked but where was the fun of just suddenly agreeing to it without a bit of playfulness? "Okay, okay. You drive a hard bargain here. You had me at gun point with that offer."

The moment they started to descend the steps and the shade of heights from the building and other décor that spread through the area seemed to offer the one thing he sought more than companionship. Comfort and protection from the sun to the point that even his eyesight had started to grow more focused once more. He couldn't help but let out a relieved sigh as his skin felt it went from being baked under the sun and into cleansing cool waters.

"Milkshake?" He smirked and nodded towards the suggestion. "Strawberry for me, but if I get free milkshakes because of Gabs I think she'll need to be my partner in crime for free food and goods." A modest wink formed after as his words as his hands pressed into the pants pockets. "Marc, eh, Gem? We only know each other five seconds and you're already using the name that people get at me when they want something! I'm gonna have to watch out for you. "

"It was a terrible joke, and you know it," Gemini snorted quietly, and then offered a small nod as he explained his eating habits, as bad as they were. "Don't know how you do it. I need fresh veggies and meat, but then my mother had a bit of a garden growing up, so I ate organically a lot. Home-cooked meals all the time, unless I was out somewhere," A small smile tugged at Gem's lips for a brief moment, before she lifted a brow as she was called a burger snob.

"It's burger connoisseur, thank you very much," Gem lifted her nose upward slightly in a mockery of snobbery, before snickering and lifting her brows, "Hey, be glad that I don't carry my own ketchup and mustard in my bag everywhere I go. I've seen people who actually carry condiments around, it's weird."

At least it seemed that she'd had the right idea with going to the underground place, though, as she felt a wash of cool over her skin once they were in the shade, and sensed the relief from the man. She'd never met someone who was quite so sensitive to the sun before, especially with a complexion like his. But then, she'd already picked up on the hints of accent that suggested he was from some middle eastern country possibly. Or at least his parents were. As much as she wanted to ask, she figured he would say something in time if he wanted to.

"Gabby is great for getting freebies, and you totally can't have her, she's my partner in crime for that stuff," Gemini smirked as she tugged Gabrielle close, picking her up in a tight hug as though to keep her all to herself, as well as to cause the girl to giggle, which it did. With a chuckle, she placed her back down once again as she canted her head.

"Pfft, I shorten names out of laziness, not because I want to get something," At least Gemini was honest, right? "So don't you worry about that. Who said you have anything I want, anyway?" Another smirk and chuckle was offered before they reached the cafe, and Gemini led the way inside and a waitress greeted them, before showing the small group to a booth, where Gemini was able to set her things down before taking a seat. "So, milkshakes and burgers, anything in particular you like on yours?"

(Gemini)

A smirk adorned his face as he shook his head. "Too stubborn to agree with you! It's what makes me extremely good at at my job!" Along with other. . . 'Factors' that he would rather avoid telling anyone, magical or not. "Necessity?" How else would he really describe it without going into TOO much detail? He couldn't have certain bits trace back to his actual family after all. "Well, ya' know, I was shipped out back when I was about eighteen from Egypt. I was too much of a wild-child as good ol' Grandma put it. Didn't have much to my name so had to scrape by with the bare minimum. Kind of just stuck when I realized I don't go home enough to actually cook."

It wasn't a lie just a snippet of the truth. It was enough that in his mind he relived the full unfettered truth of it all and it churned in his stomach, Betrayal. He still hadn't talked to his mother since then and it had already been years passed.

Seeing Gemini and Gabby as they were? That was like an insult to unintended injury. It churned inside of him like salt on the wound. Her own joke managed enough for him to snap out of the funk that was for sure. "Oh, oh, Connoisseur! So fancy-snob?" Eyebrow arched narrowly to form a playful yet challenging grin towards her. "Ha! Tell me about it, I knew one guy from the States. Always carried hot sauce in his bag. 'If it ain't spicy, it ain't dicey'. Dunno where he got that kind of saying from." He shrugged at the thought of it all.

It was getting harder - harder to laugh that is and cover up the most obvious sign of what he actually was. In his mind? He was a mistake that shouldn't have yet was and hiding those small features was important to his psychology.

"That isn't fair! You already have an upper hand on me! You're here mother. All I have is good looks, charms, and the best humor ever. I am sticking to that story." The story of a Mother and Daughter fighting the odds given to them, or so he assumed anyways. It made him wonder. . . Could this have been his life if different choices were decided for him?

Marcus pushed out laughter at her honesty - it was refreshing. It was one of those moments he was glad he didn't have a client in front of him. . . . When was the last time he had someone before him that DIDN'T involve work? Unfortunately, if one were to pay attention close enough that unrestrained laughter revealed a partial truth. . . Sharpness that could puncture flesh with ease.

As they were led towards the booth he let the two of them slide into their chosen side before sliding into the opposite. The fabric was nice enough that it didn't cause any discomfort along his skin which was a nice change of pace. "Hmm. . . Lessee. . . Well-done, Bacon and Ketchup with lettuce and tomatoes. Seems nice and beefy." Blood wasn't one of the tastes he wanted today, or ever. Regardless of the craving he was glad he had enough fortitude to resist and ignore.

"So, Power Mom, Musician - Occasional leg attacker. . ." The last bit he urged out a jest with a wide smile that stretched on his lips. "What else do you do?"

"Shipped out? Make yourself sound like an export, why don't you," Gem laughed lightly, but then felt a twinge of something that was far from amusement, and canted her head a little, though didn't say anything else. For some reason she felt like she was somehow bothering or insulting the man without meaning to, even though their conversation had all been banter and jokes. So where was this discomfort, or perhaps unhappiness, coming from?

Still, at least Marcus seemed to be intent on at least trying to continue with the friendly ribbing and conversation, even if Gemini got the feeling that there was something that was bothering him by being in her presence. She would let it go for the moment, though. She didn't want to have to explain how she knew something was wrong, anyway.

"Yep, fancy burger snob, that's me. And yeah, there's some weirdos around. I know someone who only carries a specific type of mayonnaise around as well, and refuse to use any other type," Gem chuckled and shook her head at the absurdity of such things. "But you really should try to cook some time, it's definitely much better for you than microwave meals and other fast food junk... burgers here aren't counted as fast food, by the way."

And the woman would stick by that too. Everything at this place was freshly prepared and cooked, and could be noticed in the flavour of it all. He'd see when they got their food, though for now they needed to order, and Gem's belly was already rumbling.

"Please, of the two of us, I totally have the good looks, charm and wit," The woman smirked, before then laughing outright, though almost thought she saw a distinct point in the man's teeth. Dad he have fangs? She mentally shook her head, nah. And then looked at the menu as she nodded at the man's order. Glancing up as a waitress arrived, she spoke the man's order, followed by the milkshakes, Gabrielle's kid's burger and fries, and her own burger with the lot, and then handed the menu back to her before slumping back in her seat.

"Me? I guess aside from all those things, I just hang around and look good," Gemini laughed softly as she glanced around, before tugging Gabby close to give her a small halfhug against her. "I'm also a couple of years into Uni. Starting my third year in Feb. Just an Arts degree thing, due to being absolutely useless at deciding what I want to do with my life long term. I'd totally live as a starving artist for my whole life if I didn't have Gabs... and yanno, an inheritance."

(Gemini)

"Of the finest winery in Egypt! The beautiful taste of sand and exotics!" He seemed to lean in more on his middle eastern accent to add to the 'flare' in the words. It was at least how most people tried to sell off exported items. Granted, she wasn't too far from the mark given that was the intended idea from his Grandparents. There was often a wonderment if they even thought of him but that kind of thinking almost always gives a sour mood afterward because he knows the ending of it.

Gemini? Didn't deserve to take a hit because of these emotions that he held about his own family. So was who she was and they who they are.

"Is it some kind of special blend? Eggs, more eggs and an extra sour splash of vinegar? Oh, right, with a hint of butter and a side of dill pickles." Marcus' stomach churned at the thought of all that going into mayonnaise. Well. . . The condiment was something nasty -anyways- but to each their own delight! "Is that an offer that you're going to start cooking for me? I won't say no! But all my late night bids in my basement make it difficult to actually cook myself." A smirk rolled over his lips as he kept his playful tone.

"I'll give you wit." The expression on his face shifted from a smirk to a flirtatious grin. "But good looks and charm? I have that so deep in the bag that I could write an article on it!" That is to say, he had an extra advantage that most didn't have in the back of their pocket. The perks of being the spawn of dead and life as he often put it to those that managed to find out that secret. It wasn't until he realized about the large laugh he had given that he may have exposed himself, Shit.

Trying to cover it up quickly would have been too suspicious so he let his lips close as naturally and expedited as possible. He needed to be more careful on what he was doing and showing. . . God, was it exhausting hiding parts of oneself. He allowed for her to make the order as he gave a slight glance towards the waitress, not bad. . . Not as impressive specimen as across from him but not bad.

"Look good? Why, whatever should I do if you start taking my other side jobs!? This isn't fair I'll have to call the side-job Ministry. . . . Do they have a ministry for that?" A smile broke through from him at the thought of it. There would be no surprise if a ministry for it actually did exist they had it for everything else. "Oh~ I snagged me a college Mum! Ah, I think that's fine I struggled with that the first part of my time at Uni. I say stick with Arts especially if you have an inheritance, you have a lot in life that makes sure you can do something you live and get a bit from it while also sustaining a quality life." Quality of life. . . God, why did his mother's words need to linger on his lips?

Marcus seemed to shake his head as if to dislodge undesired thoughts that tried to cling to his head. "You do have talent with your guitar and singing. Plus, Gabby is a crowd drawer, that's your true performer here!" Kids, they always had that appeal with people. Especially those that were in the light of performers but that was also because most wanted to see a Parent/Child duet spawn about in the media. "So lessee. . . You're not only a burger snob - sorry, Connoisseur " There was a tease in his tone. "But an actual one! Were you one of those daughters that always snuck out to play music with a band when you were younger?"

"If you have a pet Sphinx, then I'm totally jealous," Gemini said with a soft snort, before then screwing her nose up at the ingredients he suggested that might go into mayonnaise, "No, no... I don't think so. It's just... this Japanese brand. Bloody hell, I don't want to know what you eat." A small chuckle escaped her and she relaxed back in her booth with Gabrielle beside her. "Never said I was cooking for you either, I specifically said that you should cook for yourself," Nice try, but no dice, the woman wasn't falling for that one.

However, at the mention that he could outmatch her charm and looks, Gemini allowed a slow smirk to tug at her lips, and leaned forward a little, propping her elbow on the table so that she could rest her chin on her hand. Tilting her head, she allowed her hair to fall across her features just slightly, and her gaze became near hypnotic as green and golden brown glimmered.

"Trust me, I've got the genes that give me an advantage," The woman's lips curled into a smile before she relaxed her expression and her antics a little. As much as she didn't mind her heritage, there were people who didn't like her kind - her mother's murder was proof enough of that - and she wasn't sure what kind of person Marcus was, aside from someone who didn't like sunlight and appeared to have rather elongated fangs.

"Hm, I guess you got an advantage of your own," Gemini then murmured as her mind began putting things together that she hadn't been thinking about until just now, while they waited for their orders. "Who said you've snagged anything?" Another soft snort, and roll of her eyes, before she nodded a little as he spoke about her study.

"Well... it's more than what I'd ever planned to do. My original plan was just to make a living off music, busking and gigs.. but, well, Mom had always hoped that I'd at least study something after school..." Gemini's attention diverted then as the milkshakes arrived, and she allowed the distraction as she stirred at hers with the straw before taking a sip. Hopefully, the journalist would realise her use of past tense in conjunction with her mention of inheritance and get the idea without her having to spell it out.

Talking about her mother wasn't something Gemini really liked to do much, especially not with strangers.

"I was one of those daughters who got knocked up when I was sixteen," The young woman then said with a raise of her brows at the man, as though perhaps indicating that he was asking too many questions about her past. She then glanced toward her daughter and her expression softened into a gentle smile, watching the girl happily drink her milkshake, oblivious of the discussion.

(Gemini)

"A pet Sphinx. . . You know what, now I need one. That is going to be my next journey and acquisition!" Marcus puckered his lips and turned his nose upwards as if to imitate a high class noble. It was something he often did in his pass time to feel better about himself or just to get back at them mentally. Not like he expected those that knew his family to actually see him mocking them. "Oh, well, I eat hamburgers. . . Eggs, sometimes I even eat pizza. But shh. . . Don't tell anyone." A smirk played on his lips though as easily as it appeared the expression turned to one of faux dejection. "W-what!? That isn't fair! I don't have that kind of time."

Underlying reasons other than his job? Was the fact he often helped out those there were 'different' in comparison to the norm, those escaping prejudice of high degrees and wanting their neck still attached.

As she leaned forward the glint of his hypnotic eyes caught him as his head tilted. They were so beautiful. . . So attr- woah. . . What just happened? His head shook slightly as his hand embraced his forehead. Those eyes were something familiar and he knew a few he helped out with such a twinkle. It was all starting to make sense. . .

"Looks like we're both having a bit of an advantage in that particular department I imagined." Though who had the bigger advantage? He couldn't help but laugh politely at the thought of it though he wasn't going to test it out, as much as it was a good advantage it also wasn't something one should use willy-nilly. Especially on a potential fun friend as her. "Okay, okay. Maybe not 'snagged', but if you can see in the 'Marcus Brochure', we offer a time of fun and relaxation. For cheap, even!"

When was the last time he even cut lose like this?

As he sat and listened in his eyes lowered as well - Thank the Undead gods that the Waitress showed up! Because he couldn't look and feel more like an ass after hearing Gemini's hesitation but more importantly the cues she had given. Once the waitress dropped off the food he let out a brief cough. "Sorry, they say you can take the Journalist out of the office but never the out of the person. Poking at uncomfortable sores is my daily, I need to do better to just well. . . Not." A soft sigh expelled from him as he ran his hand through raven locks.

"Well before I fully shut this mode off. . ." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a card - Enchanted. Anyone with a touch of magic in them would unlock its writing on touch, other than that? It'd just be blank. As he slid across the table towards her. "If you ever need help just contact me. I know someone who takes care of those that are a bit. . . Different. The persecuted." He didn't know her story, in these cases? He'd never pressure it whatever she wanted to tell she'd tell after all. "Helped me out a bit when I was finding my legs."

'Marcus Carsen Investigative Journalist' Would appear in the center with contact information and a location to his 'Workplace', really his basement.

Marcus pushed down his empathic presence from within, trying not to let it overwhelm him. She was a young mother and doing well for herself at that due to the tragedy. But lots in life change. . . He knew that all too well. As a way to shift from her a smile grew on his lips. "Since I was the donkey in this walk. . . " He wanted to say ass but a kid was here, gotta' watch that language! "How about you probe me! Heh, any questions you have for my lucrative lifestyle?" As lucrative as manure sales.

"Please, about fifteen to thirty minutes a day? Everyone has at least that much time to be able to whip up something decent to eat," Gemini scoffed at the man's excuse for not cooking. More often than not it was laziness that kept people from getting in the kitchen. But she wasn't really judging, more just picking on him. She smirked at the effect that she had on him when she placed some intent into dazzling him, and then nodded a little at his statement. She knew that those with fangs had a few of their own tricks, and resolved to be quite careful.

"You make yourself sound like some kind of resort or day spa, trying to sell yourself to me or something?" Gem snickered lightly as she played with the straw in her drink, swirling the shake a little with it. She waved off his apology with her other hand casually, "Don't worry about it. It's just not something I talk about much, I doubt anyone likes to dwell on the loss of their mother and best friend."

A brow rose, however, when she was offered a card, which she snagged up lightly and had a quick glance at, before her lips tugged into another smirk while she chuckled softly. Looking out for her, or feeling guilty for picking at wounds?

"Thanks, though I'm not really in any trouble and have a few folks who tend to look out for me, so you don't have to worry yourself too much," The young woman offered a warm genuine smile across to him as she tucked the card into her jeans pocket, before shifting her drink a little out of the way as the burgers arrived and were set down.

"Questions? Well, I don't know, what does one ask a journalist, and apparently one who is doing well for himself," A soft chuckle fell from her lips at the man's seeming self-taunting, before she took another sip from her drink as she assessed her burger and where to even begin with it. Picking it up, she looked across to him, "Casual stuff, or do you write nitty gritty type things?" She asked, before taking a bite as she listened.

(Gemini)

"Well you see I was on my way to actually making myself some food. . . But during an adventure a guitar case struck me in the knee." A smirk curled at his lips as he gave a cheeky response. He could tease back himself! Being caught as he did by her beauty, even if suggestively by her nature place as whatever she was, did unsettle him a bit. Not because it could influence him but because he hadn't been on the other end of such a situation except for a few times by like one person in his lifetime.

Marcus gave a sly grin towards her. "We have a lavish massage table that was crafted from the deepest and firmest of woods! Special heated rock treatment guaranteed to relax the spine and its muscles!" He leaned against the booth chair firmly as he let out a carefree laughter. "Hey, you don't need to explain. Your business is your business. I am a journalist not heartless I can respect the boundary of this." More so, she wasn't a subject that he needed to unravel or piece together. She was a person who well. . . For lack of a better term, has been nothing but cordial and nice towards him.

He shrugged lightly. "Nothing wrong with having multiple havens, either way." That's how one kept safe in his mind, more than one thing having a certainty always meant there was a higher chance of safety if things started to hit the fan full force. "I don't worry, Gem, that's for old fogies and den mothers." He chuckled afterwards. Though it's mostly so that he wouldn't cause unnecessary worry on her end. She had a kid after all - much more important things to worry about for her.

Fingers curled around the glass that had his strawberry milkshake as it was lifted up to press the straw against his lips. Gently he sips on it and listened to her question. "Both. I believe truth is truth and it needs to be revealed, if I chose one over the other than I'd be just like some bad news source. It's why I don't trust major news corporations, they're all just pawns of Organizations and big wigs. At least my way? I choose my walk and my beliefs."

Yes. . . That was his obsession. Too long, was he the major secret that he had grown to hate lies and obscurity. It was only ironic and maybe even hypocritical that he lived his life that way and it wasn't for something as simple as survival from those that would hate him for what he was. Simply, he wanted to hide the shame.

"Both are important. The casual stuff lets people know the small things still matter and still impact their lives, that there are stuff still very close to home for them to consider and get involved in. The nitty gritty lets them know the world still needs to be a bit more watched, a lot of pain. Sensitize them a bit to avoid extremists or make them aware of what's happening in their backyard. You know?"

Maybe he was too passionate about this.

"Yeah, because Bourke Street Mall is where people make their own lunch," Gemini snorted softly, and then again with a shake of her head as Marcus described himself almost as a massage parlor or something. "Uh huh, that doesn't sound creepery at all." She snickered, glad that the guy at least didn't take himself seriously. But then he probably wouldn't have survived long in this country if he had, most Australians tended to have humours that relied on picking on everyone, including themselves.

"'Safe' tends to be a state of mind in my experience," Gemini murmured with a gentle shrug, seemingly not too keen on being given extra help. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate the offer, but she was rather independent, and already had her grandmother looking out for her enough for ten people. She didn't want to bother others, especially when she hadn't come across issues in her personal life, aside from the losses of loved ones.

The young woman, however, was able to eat as she listened to the man begin his near-rant about his work and what he believed regarding it. He seemed almost as obsessed about journalism as she probably was about music, though she couldn't chuckle while she had a mouth full of burger, not wanting to choke on it.

"Sounds like you've had to deal too much with having things hidden from you, if you ask me," Gemini said lightly once he had finished speaking and she'd eaten some of her burger, setting it down to take another drink of her shake. "At least, that's how it sounds by the way you speak about it. Not that I disagree a whole lot, though there are probably instances where the truth can hurt a lot more people than save. But, I totally get the need for a mixture of light and heavy, gotta have balance, yeah?"

(Gemini)

"I am sure there is some poor unsuspecting soul whose gig is having a random sandwich making corner bar! . . . Okay, maybe not but it is the thought that counts." Marcus kept a light air about him as he took a gentle sip of the Milkshake once more. It was a cooling experience going down and he had always preferred much cooler drinks as it was anyways. Anything too hot? Reminded him of the sensation of the burning sun. A gentle gasp escaped from him as his hand pressed against the center of his chest while trying his best to make a serious shocked expression. His effort of acting? Z-. "Why. . . I never! Creepy!? We give full three and a half star service!" Maybe humor was a coping mechanism for the man yet needless to say he understood its importance. Plus, it was always good when your humor managed to keep the atmosphere in impressive spirits.

All he could do was watch her at her response towards the idea of 'Safety', she was right. . . Though he also just had the distinct feeling even approaching such a subject and idea would put the woman in a dour experience. To him? That face was too pretty to have the risk of wrinkles and a frown attached to it this soon in her life.

But it seemed that it was his own turn to be stung by a partial truth, her words hit. . . Much closer to home than she could have expected. Perhaps much like his own words did to her, so he figured - Fair was fair in this moment. The smile on his face slightly faltered but he nodded in acknowledgement and it took him a bit to respond as if he were trying to find the rights words. Words to. . . Avoid too much information on his background.

"[b[ Much more than most would probably expect.[/b]" There was a false smile that tried to laugh off its effect, yet internally it was as if it was a wound ripped opened. That one wound people tried to avoid with all their being even though it's right in their face. "The truth definitely isn't designed to only be a healing effect but. . . People deserve the right to make an informed decision. At least that's how I feel about it - when the truth is covered up and then unveiled the harm is often two-fold than revealing it when the chance is there." Says the Dhampir who avoids ever telling people that fact. The man who lies to himself every damned day. His fingers ran along his forehead as he rubbed at it as if he were annoying himself.

Marcus turned his gaze slightly away from the two girls and towards an empty space next to himself. "Hehe, yeah, the balance is pretty important. I also think it's just important people know that everyone goes through crap. Things that a simple helping hand could assist in, being better people or neighbors. Small stuff like that. I can't make a revolution but I can incite others to spark one in their hearts."

"Mhm, it's the ones who deny being creepers, who usually are..." Gemini's gaze narrowed at the man, before she snickered quietly and took another sip of her milkshake before continuing to basically devour her burger. She was definitely not one of those women who were all self-conscious about being seen eating, that was for certain. The body needed food, and she really liked burgers, it helped that she had a great metabolism and often looked more like she needed to eat more food, she supposed.

As easily as he had managed to poke at her wounds, it appeared that the young woman had accidentally found a tear in his own armour, however, as she suddenly picked up on the discomfort from Marcus, along with very clear pain that he was doing his best to hide. It was too bad that he didn't know she was also an empath, and she wondered for a moment if she should reveal that tidbit about her history as well, before deciding to leave it for now.

"Sorry, didn't mean to hit the nail on the head so roughly," Even though he tried to hide it, Gemini could still see and hear the hesitation in him as he tried to figure out what to say to her words. She actually hadn't meant to say something that would cause this much discomfort either, but as he spoke, she raised her brows at him.

"You talk a lot about truth being revealed for someone who seems to lie to everyone he meets," The young woman pointed out lightly, her tone not accusing or anything, but more a statement of fact, before she waved it off. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I totally get why you have to keep certain things secret, trust me. But there's still a little hypocrisy between what you say and what you do."

A smirk touched her features briefly, and it was perhaps a giveaway that she was purposely goading him maybe, though without proof then one couldn't assume whether she was or not.

"But that sounds cool, more people should help others, it'd make the world a helluva nicer place to live in, that's for sure."

(Gemini)

"Now that isn't fair!" His hand rose up with a finger point outwards to the sky. Almost as if to playfully protest. "It's my dark heritage." It was a self-barb about part of what he was, something that he had assumed was already ousted towards the woman. An eyebrow raised at the way she devoured the hamburger. Wow, what a woman, and yes that was entirely a compliment. He was impressed and perhaps even a bit enthralled at how at ease she was. His head shook to release the thoughts as he took another massive bite of his own.

It was rare that someone was able to land such a blow on him that could bother enough. He wasn't a fragile piece and to be reduced to that he felt it would diminish the struggle that he had been forced to wield. That crawling out of it would mean very little, but perhaps that was just an overly guarded thought to hold in general. Hardly healthy. "Fair is fair. Everyone has something, right? Hey, we're even!" Marcus' smile brightened mostly as a way to tell her it wasn't a big deal to fret about, mostly because one would ever truly know the painful wounds. Coming across them was bound to happen.

"Well, Gem, I am a living contradiction." He didn't mean that figuratively either, his very existence is the idea of a contradiction. Dhampir, Human and Vampire, undeath and life molded into one. He was 'Alive' but he even he would use that kind of word very loosely because he was still at the end of the day. . . A parasite fighting off the urges. "Trust me, I laugh everyday at myself for it. No matter what in my life there are certain things that I cannot change about myself. But I guess it is also one of many reasons why I prize the truth, because there are things about me that I probably can't just ever tell."

Maybe if he despised himself at being such a hypocrite he could be even more adamant about making sure people searched for the truth of their own volition by just reading. As much as he wanted to tell another person his tale, tell people why he grew to despise himself. He only knew one person in all of Australia who knew the true reasons.

A squint of the eyes caught the brief smirk, that was such a dastardly looking smirk for some reason. He leaned slightly as he examined her face for a moment but still kept listening to the words spoken. "I'm just paying it forward. Someone showed me kindness so I figure I show it in my own brand of a way."

"You ever dress up in a dark suit and cape for Halloween and roam around going 'I vant to suck your blooooood'?" The woman dropped her burger so that she could lift her arms up and angle her fingers like claws as she pretended to attack Gabrielle, who squealed and giggled while trying to fend her mother off. After a moment, Gem went back to her burger, however. "Because, if not I'm going to be very disappointed, like devastated, because that's like... your heritage, man," Gemini snickered.

The woman had no qualms about saying such in the small burger joint either, because in Melbourne people said a lot of weird shit, and to any passerby she could be talking about anything. Especially since Muggles generally didn't know about most of the species that existed. It was also a way to show Marcus that he didn't need to be as hung up on it as he seemed to be.

People were born the way they were. He couldn't help it if now and then he had a craving for some O negative or something.

"Sure, you can tell people. And I can guarantee about ninety per cent of them wouldn't even believe you," Gem grinned at the man as she finished her burger and grabbed a napkin to wipe her mouth. "It's like me telling people that I'm one half man-devouring siren. I mean, it's a fantastic pick-up line, but no one's going to put any stock in it being real."

Gemini went on to take a long drink form her milkshake while she glanced at Gabby to see how the girl was doing, one sneaky hand moving over to steal some fries from her daughter's plate cheekily.

"Maybe you need to get more people to pay meals forward to you, so that you eat better, eh?" The woman joked with a small snicker. "Or cooking lessons, guarantee it'll help you with the ladies with less creeperiness."

(Gemini)

Marcus full out busted into a laughter. Well, that was certainly one way to view those like or similar to him. At least they were able to have fun at his expense! Not that he minded as a smile showed firmly on his face. "Only on Sunday's and Thursdays. Do you know how long it takes to get stains out of a silk cloak? The cleaner's charge an arm and a leg! Ugh, and how it clashes sometimes I just can't take it." The back of his hand pressed against his forehead as he sighed like he was in the Phantom of the Opera. "I do also sometimes turn into a bat. It is like a compulsion that I cannot explain~" Another sigh exhausted from him but it seemed more like an exaggerated exasperation.

"Ninety percent also wouldn't believe I found a pretty woman by getting my knee smacked with a guitar case." Marcus smirked at her as his response before he'd lean back into the cushioned bench. But self exposure was always something he had been keen to avoid often, it wasn't so much whether one would believe him as it was often the one thing that separated him from living or being a wanna-be Van Helsing's victim. "I just want to clarify, I do not have a problem with this devouring siren aspect. It'd pick me up one-hundred percent if it was the right person saying it."

Such a thief of the fries! Marcus couldn't help but raise up a hand to cover his mouth with a chuckle.

"Now, is this an offer or just a suggestion? I mean, if you wanted to see me again you could make up such a better excuse." As he sniggled he also knew she was being cheeky yet trying to help out at the same time. He often got the same lecture from someone else whenever he'd accidentally bring up needing dinner. "Okay, I'll get cooking lessons. But you both are now officially doomed to test my creations."

"Well, see, that's where your money problems lie, all those clothes you're getting dry cleaned," Gemini tutted softly with a shake of her head, as though disappointed by his (joked) need to be utterly fabulous a couple of times a week. "Too fab for me, bud," She continued with a soft snort, "But then, I used to date an actor, and he spent more time in the bathroom prettying himself up than I ever did." A small fond smile made it's way onto her features at the memory, before it died off to a blank expression.

"I dunno, pretty people smack into each other all the time, that's far more believable, I think," The woman chuckled, seemingly brushing past the compliment. She lifted a brow at Marcus' thoughts about the 'man-devouring siren' thing, before snorting softly, "I'll let some girls know that's the pickup line they should use when they want to get someone then." She said, again apparently ignoring the obvious flirt.

One might almost think that the woman was oblivious to compliments or flirting, unless the compliments were about her music, but it was more a matter that she didn't respond to verbal flirting. She never had, even when Gabrielle's father - who had been flawless at it - tried. It had driven him nuts.

"Honestly, I'd just say 'hey let's catch up again' rather than piss around with weird scenarios, I tend to prefer straight up honesty," The woman shrugged gently as she chuckled, before raising a brow at the man as he stated they would have to be the guinea pigs to his culinary experiments. She pursed her lips in thought as she looked to Gabby, who thought the whole thing was funny, "I dunno... there's a high probability of being poisoned or something." Gem joked quietly with a small wink to the girl.

(Gemini)

"You know what they say, when -I- look good, -You- look good." Marcus gave a light smile towards her. But she wasn't wrong, clothes were a massive dent in his funds and it wasn't due to what the jokes were insinuating. His skin was just too sensitive to have anything like most of the other people in the world. No, he needed custom made silks or any fabric that was extremely cool, light, and flexible. Cotton? Too rough. He caught her smile but that blank expression left much to desire in wondering what occurred. Though he knew that was too personal so he simply extended his hand out to place it on hers gently. "You don't expect something -this- good to happen in ONLY minutes, do you?! On a serious side it takes me more time for clothes due to certain conditions. My skin doesn't receive fabrics or coarse things too well." The guitar case that brushed along his leg was a good idea of how badly it could get.

Marcus nodded gently. "I agree. I'm fairly pretty." A teased grin shined towards her. "But you make a fair point there." It seemed as if all her words were just sliding off a shoulder Whew, this was a tough woman to get a flirtation response from. "Hey, people are into some crazy things you know. I knew a guy who only would date Merfolk."

As his hand retracted it weaved through his hair to fix it up into a firm ponytail from an elastic he had pulled from his pocket. It was starting to get in the way a bit.

"Straight up honesty? I can respect that." He gave an affirmative nod towards her as he leaned back to get a bit more comfortable and raised up a leg to nestle on his knee. "But sometimes the weird scenarios can be enjoyable. Well, only at night and maybe in some kind of crazy rave or party." A short shrug was delivered in consideration of the random thought. "What~?" His head shook as he pressed a hand to the side of his cheek. "Poison? I think I could cook a bit better than that!" He waited for a moment before looking left to right and leaning in towards the two of them. "Cereal is supposed to be burned, right. . .?" Marcus tried to offer up a serious expression but it didn't really seem to pan out too well.

"Besides, what better way to make sure I actually eat 'properly'? I've been eating grab and go's for so long, I may have lost my taste buds. Need to make sure you burger connoisseur approve of what is actually good for my poor mistreated eating habits. And maybe I just find you two a hoot to be around."

"Nah, people look good so long as they feel good," Clothing and make-up had little to nothing to do with looking good in Gemini's world, and it had been a point of slight envy from Frankie, that she could get out of bed and look a mess and yet still look great. The woman canted her head at Marcus' explanation though, a brow raising, "Well, it doesn't take a long time to get dressed, no matter what you're wearing. If you've got all the right fabrics, then you should be able to get changed easily. But... I reckon there'd be some kind of lotion you can get that helps with the irritation, as well as laundry products. I bet I could find you cheaper ways to look after yourself than you've been using."

There was a near smug smirk on Gemini's lips, because she actually did know what she was talking about when it came to finding affordable ways to live while still taking care of oneself. Sensitive skin meant that he needed to take better care of his skin and what he used to clean his clothing with, which would prove much more cost effective in the long run.

"Merfolk? I heard they're pretty, uh, yanno... dangerous," Probably about as dangerous as a Dhampir or Veela, Gemini realised with some irony. "Like, sharp pointy teeth, drown a person with no remorse type or dangerous." Whoever his friend was, they were a gutsy guy. Of course, she supposed, sometimes people were drawn to the risk as much as they were drawn to the beauty and exoticness of other species.

"Oh, I'm not saying that weird scenarios aren't fun, or hella funny, just I mean when talking to someone there's not much point in beating around the bush, you know?" Gemini offered a small shrug as she stole a couple more of Gabby's fries, before snickering at Marcus' reaction to her assumption that he'd poison them.

"Well... some cereal can do with some cooking or other experimenting," Gem nodded, before then smirking, "Buuuuut, I suppooooose I wouldn't mind being a taste-tester, so long as there's ice cream for dessert, and to potentially drown out any flavour disasters that might be encountered. What do you think, Gabs?" The girl, who was still eating, simply grinned and nodded, the word ice cream had lit up her eyes, and Gem knew they'd be stopping somewhere to get some on the way home.

(Gemini)