Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

To say that the last few weeks had been a chaotic whirlpool of depression and sadness would be an understatement. Luckily, it wasn't ONLY a black abyss with the small bits of good news being heavy in quality in his opinion. Today being one of those days that would be one of pure light and goodness even if he needed to pull the very sun into the room at any cost. He'd risen up early, before the sun even would peak in a blinding light as he needed to prepare for Cassandra's birthday. There were plenty of preparations that needed to be done and it all had to be in place before her eyes opened up or else it all would have been a botched surprise to see a smile on that beautiful mug. 

Each movement intended to be that of a Ninja or his impression of a ninja as his gaze turned to the dozing red-haired woman. A single finger pressed to his lips. "Now you two need to work with me here, alright? No sudden motions or power jumps, okay? This is Mommy's day and it needs to be a perfect one. Operation: Happy Fairy is a go." It felt weird knowing that they could understand and feel, that they held enough awareness and control. But it worked in his favor in hoping that they'd behave themselves until the perfect moment to wake her up. 

Then he bolted out of the room on his tip-toes where he'd sneak towards the living room. It didn't feel weird with the new living arrangements but it meant that he needed to be even -more- stealthy and careful to not wake up a bunch of people. He pulled out a few presents out from the back closet where he had hid them for sometime a neat little trinket that had been enchanted as a form of camouflage on them. When he removed it a trove of them came into perfect view where he'd take each one and brought them back to their own room and strategically placed them in a winged form. Some on the left side of the door against the wall, some on the right arranged with the smaller presents at front and larger ones built up at the back like a series of sky scrappers. 

For the last few months he'd been saving up, pulling out more gigs in different parts of the city and different events to make this a memorable Birthday. It seemed that had been his gimmick, make birthdays memorable in their own way. Once he double checked to make sure each gift had been moved into the room he rerouted to the kitchen where he'd start to make up a Breakfast meal of unique variety. Hand prepared waffles in the shape of a well-crafted fish, crisp and crunchy edges along that ran in good consistency. On the side he made a batch of home fries, scrambled eggs with cheese, and topped off the waffle with Phis Food ice cream. A bit of an extra treat that he'd looked up in a recipe, usually it used something like Vanilla but a quick exchange had been easy enough. 

He took up a wooden tray and carried it along with everything placed neatly on a tray with a tall glass of super duper hot chocolate with marshmallows cascaded inside and already at a half-melted form while he made his way back to the room. Once inside he set the stand up, placed the tray on top of it neatly and clicked in a few straps to hold its edges down securely to allow it to take on a portable form. Both hands pressed against the wooden handles and he pulled the platter up and walked his way towards the Bed, the bright rays of the sun had already started to peer through the window in a warm greeting. 

"Okay girls, It's show time. Give mommy a gentle wake-up."

Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Junior Dance Instructor★ LilyCat
19 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

The move had been a strange one for Cassandra, who had lived with Caitlin since she was a toddler. It had been difficult to be separated from the woman, even if they were in the same town still, and Cass had found herself visiting her daily anyway. What was worse was that the nightmares had returned after the move, and though she didn't wake up screaming, she did find herself not sleeping so well, and often curling around Alex after waking from such a dream, hugging him tightly as though he might push them away. She did enjoy getting to know Adele a little better, and spending time with Caleb and baby David, or DJ as she and Alex had dubbed him to Adele's seeming relief.

But it was almost like a layer of security or protection had been peeled away from the redhead and her subconscious, and she felt herself looking over her shoulder often, as though she thought she was being watched. It had been explained that it could be the twins, but she didn't think so. She always felt only love from them. The shadow that seemed to bother her was something else.

Thankfully, however, she'd been given at least some reprieve for the eve of her birthday, and had slept rather well for one of the first times since moving. She was completely unaware of Alex having woken up of moved from the bed, and rather found herself dreaming of the two little girls that she was certain were their daughters. Each had such beautiful hair of blue-ish black with blood red streaks through. And their eyes were like a combination of hers and Alex's, separate rings of colour within them as well as something that fell between the bright green and eerie blue. They played and sang songs together, dressed in light flowing dresses and no shoes, flower crowns on their heads, and she realised she knew them. Knew everything about them, their names, talents, what they enjoyed. She found herself having such a joyful time and then they smiled at her and spoke at the same time.

"Happy birthday, Mummy. You can wake up now..."

And like that, the dream faded away and Cassandra's eyes flitted as she realised it was daylight outside, the sun peeking through the blinds. She yawned loudly and gave a catlike stretch before considering rolling over to try and go back to sleep, however she became very aware of someone standing over her and glanced over curiously, only to find herself staring at what looked like one hell of a sweet breakfast... and a bedroom with presents littered all over the place.

"What in the hell?" Cass' surprised voice croaked as she pushed herself up slightly to look around, before then pouting at Alex with a narrowed gaze, "I thought I said not to go all out." She then sighed aloud, but then smiled up at him, appreciative of all the effort he must have gone to, "You're such a butthead."

Everything had been planned mentally and it all needed to go perfectly well without a hitch. Even with the protests of him not making it such a big deal, he needed to do it. Not just for the reasons that they might lose one another but it was more attributed to the fact that he wanted each memory to be one everyone could look back on and see the positive impact behind it. The intentions, the fun, the connections that grew and were established with everyone around at that time. That included their daughters who in their own way would be aware and remember this day as vividly as anyone. 

This also felt like a proper solution to fight against the darkness that the nightmares held when they came back, the change had been rough and he knew it. Being exposed to Caleb, DJ, and Adele probably helped a bit too in trying to shape a protected and secure environment. Alex knew, however, that it would feel much different than the protection Cate's own presence and work had given. That familial security that couldn't easily be replicated without work and effort. 

As much as he wanted to look like an innocent bystander the shit-eating grin that had been unending showed every ounce of the Cheshire Cat deep inside of his little Spencer heart. "Really? That's what you said? I thought you said 'I hope my husband spoils the mess out of me! Because I am a Queen!' Which, you are in my eyes." She deserved to be respected and held up to him and what better day to let it be known he'd always do so than her own birthday? "Oh, hey, hey.  That's a pretty heavy knighted title given by the Queen! . . . Mmmm, I shall take it gladly!" Arms lifted up the full weight of the tray. "Now sit up, because boy do I have a surprise for you that would make a kid hyper for -days-.

Did he really need to make a Fae MORE hyper? Probably not. But he tried to incorporate a breakfast with a few of her favorite choices in the realm of sweets. If she decided to sit up he'd gently place the tray on top of her lap. But regardless he'd explain his 'Menu'. "We have. . . Scrambled eggs with cheese, Home Fries, a lovely waffle in the shape of a fish - You would not believe how long it took me to get THAT right, topped with Phish Food. I know, I'm awesome and funny even in cooking!" He laughed and allowed for his grin to grow even more. "With the ever so warming presence of a Super Duper Hot Chocolate with loads of marshmallows."

Finally the smile lightened as he glanced back towards the presents. "And a bunch of presents of varying things! All courtesy of your adoring  Husband and our Daughters who probably worked well to give me a bit of time to prepare all this." He couldn't imagine the scene that they drafted for the Young woman but whatever it had been was just what he needed timewise. "We're going to have a very full day too. I know you've been getting more tired lately so I promise it won't be literal running around but I figure we could go exploring near a river, dunk your feet in a bit. Then the four of us could have a nice little picnic as a form of lunch.

There were other things he wanted to offer but with the girls as aware as they are well. . . He was much too conscious to offer up a sexy time card for his lovely Red-Head. "And Dinner? Well, that's going to be a surprise from all three of you." As much as he could keep anyways. 

"You know exactly what I said," Cass pursed her lips as she wagged a finger at him, another yawn escaping afterward, before then snorting quietly at the grand titles he was giving her, "Thought your sister was the Queen in this house." She remarked with a raised brow at the young man, but she did as was told, sitting up a little so that he could set down the tray, and she stared at the feast that he'd basically made up. There was way more than she would be able to eat and even she knew that, but she appreciated the effort all the same and would try her best to have as much as possible. "It looks pretty fuckin' delicious, love." She said earnestly, before reaching up to cup his cheek and try to guide his head down so that she could plant an appreciative kiss on his lips.

"Do I even want to know what kinds of presents you got me," A snicker erupted from the young woman's lips as she looked around at all the parcels. Who knew what kinds of things he had in mind when he was out getting presents for her? She tugged him down beside her so that she could lean against his side while she began to decide where she was going to start with her breakfast feast. The mention of their daughters gave her some pause though as she recalled the dream as vividly as a recent memory.

"I dreamed about them, the girls," Cassandra noted quietly, before digging into the eggs, taking a bite from them and nodding her approval. It was most definitely good, and she almost felt like she might be able to eat the whole lot after all, suddenly finding herself hungry. "I don't know if what I saw was real... like how they will really look, or not. But it felt real," She mused in between bites, before she started on the waffle and ice cream.

"You do know that they sleep and stuff, right?" Cassandra then laughed, trying to count how many times Alex was including the twins as though they were already there and sharing every moment with them. She understood that they were aware of things that went on much of the time. But she also knew that they were not awake all the time. She also knew that the realisation of their awareness was a reason why she and Alex hadn't been intimate since the discovery and all, something which she knew was eventually bound to get on her nerves. "But, it sounds like you really planned a lot. Here, I would have been just as happy to sleep the day away," She joked with a small grin, before giving him another kiss, on the cheek, "I'm looking forward to what you've thought up. Thank you."

"What? Me? No. Don't you know? Part of my condition is selective hearing and manufacturing of conversations. It's very common for those in my position." Alex's smile grow wide as if he were completely innocent. Every look within his eyes screamed the very contrary of it all. "Technically. . . She's a Queen elsewhere too. . . But that's not the point here! It's your birthday. It's a lot of firsts here. Your first birthday in the land where everything tries to kill you, your first birthday with your Husband. " The thought alone reminded him every day that they were building a family way ahead of the schedule that they'd both wanted. No regrets, but it had been an unexpected surprise for him. "I wanted to also show you how much I appreciated your existence. Things have been. . . Rough this years. I wouldn't have gotten through any of it without you." If it weren't for Cassandra and Adele he wouldn't know where he'd be with anything. 

The taste of her lips against his sent a relieved sigh, the way she kissed him anytime felt like it tackled every stress that his mind could hold. Smitten, would be an understatement on how he felt for her. "I know it's a lot of food. But I just couldn't decide on what to present to her Majesty. So, I opted for making some of your favorite things and letting you decide!" His attention turned back to the presents that littered the room just behind him as he chuckled. "Well. . . Some presents are specifically more for me than for you." The amount of lingerie he'd picked out in her size just to allow her to feel always sexy in her own right when they cuddled and shared a bed and managed to do the good bedroll tussle. "Now, I know you've been down in the dumps a bit on being set back again with the pregnancy and all. . . But I wanted to show my support also too that once they are born you will have full choice to follow that dream. Dance shoes and new leotards.

If she'd been adamant about him following the path of medicine and never stopping his music, then he could only show the same faith in her. If she wanted to be a dancer he would do whatever was necessary to allow her to get that dream. An eyebrow raised and he shrugged. "It's possible? With their magic and yours connected as they are. . . It could be kind of foresight in a way?" 

He scoffed lightly. "Oh, I know. But I also know the whole energy bit too - That and the fact they did make you walk an extremely long trek just to get to Adele's place." He also hadn't forgotten the way she stared at him, as if they knew exactly whom he was without him saying a thing. While he tried not to allow that awareness dictate when he gave Cass all of her Alex time, it had been difficult. He'd have to make it up to her afterwards and avoid his thoughts on making a family being a founding moment. "Sleep? As if I would ever let you sleep the day away." 

He sat comfortably next to her feeling that presence of her head leaning against his shoulder. "You don't need to thank me, Cassy Cat. I do it because I love you and also because I like to see you smile. Probably one of the best smiles around town." A hum resonated as he leaned his head against hers gently. "You know, it wasn't all that long ago we met and from there things kind of just. . . Barrel rolled. You know, with you hitting on me in the Common Room." He gave a grin, that wasn't the exact interpretation on what happened a few months ago. "It's almost already the ending of the year, too. Just a few more weeks. "

"Mhm... that selective hearing will get you in trouble one day," The young redhead snickered softly, before then nodding as he began giving all his excuses for going a little over the top, at least in her opinion, with her birthday. "Alright, alright, I get it. You're being tooth-achingly sweet because you can," She poked her tongue out at him and offered a small wink. She wasn't certain her birthday was worth all the fuss, but she wasn't going to argue after he'd already gone and done it. She did offer him a warm smile as he spoke about the support she'd given him this year though, chuckling quietly, "Oh, I don't know... you did have an awesome family backing you as well." She shrugged gently, a little unsure if she deserved that much credit. Still, she felt happy that he thought so. She began eating little bits of food as he explained the large banquet and then the presents, snorting as he mentioned some were more for him.

"So you went and bought a bunch of lingerie?" Cassandra asked with raised brows, "You know I probably shouldn't go wearing that around the house here, there's kids... and Dele, and your dad as well. Not certain they'd want to see me in sexy thongs or whatever it is you got me." She had to laugh a little. At least at the house where they'd been with Cate, the older woman hadn't been around as much, so they could walk around in barely anything a lot of the time. Here, there were always people around, it was something Cass was still trying to get used to. As much as she loved being around other people, she did miss having that freedom to just do or wear whatever she wanted around the place. "It's not that bad with the babies though... just gives me more time to think about what I want to do," She offered a small shrug, but did appreciate the gesture of new dance gear, smiling warmly at Alex.

"Well, if it's foresight, they're going to be gorgeous... and probably not fit in at school," Cass had to chuckle again as she recalled the appearance of the girls. They definitely had an otherworldly look about them, and there was no way that they'd pass for human with their hair or eyes. It was something that she and Alex could worry about later though, she knew that, and she still thought they were the most beautiful children besides. "So you're paranoid that if we do grown-up things then they'll know?" Cass snorted, before then laughing aloud, "That's such a guy way of thinking. Besides, pregnant women get super horny, fact. So you might just have to deal." She poked her tongue out at him, but then smiled as he sat beside her, leaning against his side.

"Mhm... a lot can happen in a year, it seems," The young woman had to agree. It hadn't been that long ago that she'd snuck up on Alex and another kid and scared them, before Alex then caught her dancing in the Common Room. She felt her smile drop a little into a small frown though, as she glanced at him beside her, "You going to be alright without me at Tally with you next year? And don't you even think about suggesting you drop out. You need to finish school so that you can be a doctor," She narrowed her gaze at him and wagged her finger. She knew he hadn't been all that chuffed with this year's classes, but perseverance was needed so that he could achieve his goals. "If you're going to support me in my goals, then I'm doing the same for you... even if it means bullying you into staying in school," She nodded firmly, and then smirked at him, before offering another small kiss, "I love you too." She murmured quietly, and then patted his leg, "Now, bring me presents to open!" A cheeky grin followed, she could get into acting the Queen, she supposed.

"So far, It's gotten me a lovely wife. I think It's winning out on anything else after that." Flattery, it had been a tool of safety for him every so often. At least if it had been believed. "Who said anything about the house itself? I know, I know. . . It's a lot more restricted with everyone around. But our room is our room and I think here... We can wear whatever or nothing at all." It meant less of their 'sexcapade' moments like the hot tub back at Cate's place. But it also meant they'd have the found of getting creative, going out or maybe even to some fancy hotel just to celebrate a proper noise making. He wasn't sure how temporary this all would be but he also couldn't leave Adele and the others without knowing for certain they were all okay and that they'd be okay afterwards. "I think the answer is 'Alexander'. But I could be wrong." A cheeky grin formed. 

Alex chuckled and then shrugged casually. "Do we really fit in at school? A sick guy, Irish chick - Married - and randomly finding little corners of the school to canoodle in. I'm pretty sure that final part is the ONLY normal part." He wasn't sure if that was a good relation or bad but fitting in had never been a strong suit for him. "I figured they'd be beautiful though. They're bound to take after their mother." Even though they often joked about how all of his relatives looked as if they belonged in a Bay Watch sequel, to him Cass held a beauty that had been breathtaking. "Oh? I'll have to 'deal'? Hm... Well, If I don't think I can argue with that. It would be a shame if you pinned me down and found all my triggers to submit willingly!

While it did weird him out if she managed to hit the right buttons it would easily fly out the window. Resistance had always been a futile attempt even when they both agreed they needed to be 'good' it some how always turned out to end up with undergarments flung about. 

"Tell me about it. . . But I can say I somehow ended up happy." There were moments of stress, still are in many cases. Yet, regret hadn't been a thing within him other than not having the time to introduce his father properly to Cassandra, To Adele. Even with the time he'd spent getting to know Rheldor and the way he took to the man he often felt as if he didn't deserve a second chance with his biological Father. "Huh. . .? Well, yea. . . That. . . Would I have much of a choice? I mean, Cass, I'll most likely be twenty repeating the Sixth year. If anything it maybe better to drop out and go after an equivalency." Things hadn't worked out as he had hoped but they had resolved as he had expected. His head leaned back gently against the headboard, her presence against his side had been comforting but it still didn't assuage the full weight the topic held on him. "Oh boy, bullied to staying in school. You're sure showing the heavy hand there!

Even as her lips pressed against his once in a small embrace the sense of mediocrity lingered inside. He'd been behind so badly, unable to make the proper proof on why he shouldn't be in that current position. The feeling of having dreams but being in a position that they couldn't take the proper root and grow, that he had been on the whims of another's judgement on whether he'd been prepared or not for the next complicated step. 

Cassandra's demand of a present struck the dejected thoughts with a sheer forceful punch. His genuine smile beamed as he started to shuffle and gave a flourished bow. "But, of course, Mi'lady." The first present he had in mind to give her had been one he rummaged through for quite sometime in trying to get. Shifting towards one of the medium sized ones with wrapping paper that looked very much like a Leprechaun. It was then gently placed on the bed. "This one I got because I know how much a certain little heirloom means to you, the importance. Something for. . . Protection and to pass on to the girls when the time is right.

If she were to open it she'd find there would be a glass case, much similar to the one perceived for the Rose in Beauty and the Beast. Except it would hold a stand for a puppet-like object, the glass itself had been enchanted with a clear pristine case designed for protection and admiration. Next to the display case had been a series of tools ones designed to maintain it with care, without having to rely on using the wand but putting the hands to productive work. 

"I remembered back at the party how you said if anything were to happen to him it'd be pretty much a downer. . . So, I had always thought, what about a case when you aren't busting him out to party? One that shows your proud heritage? But also, a few tools here to really get personal and close. That's what makes a heirloom even more special from generation to generation. Not the dust or the history but the care."

"Flattery will get you most places," Cass snickered, but then shrugged lightly, "Eh, I know we have privacy in here... but it's still kind of weird, living with in-laws and stuff. I guess you probably felt like this in the  beginning with Cate too though, so I'm sure I'll get used to it by the time we're off elsewhere again." Shrugging lightly, the redhead then scoffed as he named himself as the answer to what she wanted to do, rolling her eyes, before then laughing lightly as she gave him a gentle push. She shook her head a little at him though as he commented on them not really fitting in, "Not in that way. Sheesh, I think compared to use like that, they'll probably be pretty normal... I meant, how they look." She scratched her cheek lightly as she thought back to the dream, "Their hair was kind of like your dad's and Adele's... that midnight blue-ish black, except they had dark red streaks as well, so it looked more like this kind of changing purple-ish colour. And their eyes were like  mine, with rings of colour, but one colour was my green, and another was your blue... and between those was a colour that was probably what would be the middle of those. They're going to stand out," She lifted her brows a little as she looked to him, "But less 'weird' and more just 'otherworldly'..." She shrugged then, unsure how else to describe it.

"Please, I just have to get naked and wiggle my eyebrows at you or remind you how flexible I am, and you'd be putty in my hands," Cassandra grinned and then chuckled lightly, as he gave Alex a small nudge. It would have been even funnier if it wasn't true, but she knew as well as he did that they were basically one another's weakness. She doubted he'd stay too weirded out for very long. She smiled as Alex said that he'd ended up happy in the long run with the year they'd had, and she had to agree, even with the looming fears that parenthood brought about, at least they'd kind of done it in the right order. They were married first! She did listen as he spoke about the coming year though, and his feelings regarding school. She could understand his hesitation, and she leaned against him, resting her head on his shoulder, thoughtful a moment before she spoke again.

"If you want to go for an equivalency instead, then I'll support that decision," The redhead said quietly. "Just so long as you remember that it's only because of your biology that magic didn't work so great. I mean, your magic doesn't even work like a Wizard's... same with me, that's why I've screwed up so much this half of the year. Cate said I'm like 'waking up' or something. I lived all my life and we were under the belief that I had wizarding blood, that somehow my mind provided a kind of 'protection' for me. But once I reached adulthood, the barriers kind of started to crumble. And now I have to learn how I'm supposed to do magic." The young woman pursed her lips, unsure if anything she said would actually help Alex feel better, "I'm just saying. Don't get down on yourself. You know the theory and the practical when it comes to biology and potions and herbs and medicines. No school would be able to help you learn how to use your kind of magic though." She nodded then and offered him a small smile and kiss to the cheek before he could run off to get her presents. Hopefully, he'd take her words to heart and feel better about things.

The first gift brought over though, Cassandra didn't really waste any time in unwrapping it as she listened to Alex explain, curious as to just what he'd done. When she saw the case though, her eyes widened and she pulled is free from the wrapping carefully as she looked it over. She smiled softly as she inspected it, before then sniffing quietly. The next thing she knew, she had to wipe her cheek, and huffed a partially annoyed chuckle.

"Stupid hormones," The young woman complained quietly, but then smiled warmly at Alex, appreciation deepset within her gaze, "Thank you. Really. This means a lot, even though he probably won't be overly impressed to begin with. McBobbin used to have a case that he would go back to when he was bored with running around. So, he'll probably get used to a different one." She then huffed another small chuckle, "I don't even know where he is right now, hiding somewhere in the house. He's curious about Caleb and DJ, and was guarding the crib the other day when the baby was napping. Heh, I can only imagine what he'll be like with the girls."

"Flattery did take me to Ireland." Alexander's eyes brows wriggled at the insinuation, he rather enjoyed the 'Homeland' he'd visited on various occasions. "Oh, yea, I get what you mean. That feeling that the atmosphere just seems a tad bit. . . Off." When he first moved in with Cassandra and Cate he felt as if he needed to play a secret agent in a home that wasn't truly home to him at that time. Almost as if strangers had housed him and humored him for a temporary moment even though they had been anything but. Sniggling queued as she nudged him and his smile beamed happily. It dimmed slightly as she went into details on what she'd meant by different. "Otherworldly. . . Yea, that would definitely be pretty bad considering that'd be largely eye catching." Though he didn't see it with his own eyes or in his own dreams the picture had been illustrated to give the girls their own style while still having bits and pieces of their heritages embedded inside. "If they actually do pop out like that then we'll have enough time to come up with a plan so that it doesn't draw them attention they don't need." That wasn't a promise he knew that could be kept either. Not when he thought of Lauren and Lorelei's own situation which caused him to bite at his lower lip. 

"Hahahaha, Oh, we're tossing out that kind of stuff now huh? I can always break out Sapphire and serenade you, the right song and tone will have you dropping your panties faster than a drop bear." In one fell moment he could feel lust and love of unimaginable levels when it came to her, almost as if there had been some hormonal trigger that didn't understand pacing. It always surged in a wave that refused to be held back, probably one of the few reasons that ended them up as future parents. "Just remember, I still have the winning score of knocking you off your feet." It may have been due to the sudden marriage proposal but he had now officially counted it as a point in his arena. 

After explaining his personal opinion and what he'd expected to be his position in the grand scheme of the schooling and the future then it had been his own turn to listen to her. She'd always been a support for him even before he'd knew about Adele - maybe barely but the fact had always been that since he'd arrived at Tallygarunga the young woman had been there as a helping hand. Often a pushy hand to try and keep him going even when he held the more grim realization in words of certain circumstances. 

"Well, yes, I know that. You know that and my family knows that. . . But that isn't really something that I can go around saying as an actual excuse given the circumstances." As far as the modern wizarding world knew what he was didn't 'exist' or no longer existed depending on what long-lived crackpot a person would listen to about beings that once made their life on the world and no longer do. "Considering the Head Master is wrapped up in it due to Lauren then maybe he might understand better my predicament being uh. . . Well, different. But even then, even knowing all that knowledge and wanting to apply it. . . The success rate of doing it right now is rough." A sad smile formed and it had been followed but a softer sigh. "I also had been considering that it maybe less of a burden on Adele and the Head Master trying to find reasons or excuses for me. To be honest, I don't think the whole 'I'm sick' bit is going to fly much longer." He forced the smile to be a bit brighter as if he'd been telling a badly designed punchline. "Not to mention, I'm going to have to learn how this new kind of magic works once it has room to breath away from my Wizarding blood. I can just see it now. . .  Still making random fires! At least I know not to go thinking of growing a family unless we -both- agree.

What changed the solemn moment around in the quickest turn for him had been the look on Cassandra's face when she opened up her gift. All Alex could do had been to stare on her teary eyed expression in awe. That was the smile that he worked hard to see every day and put in all the effort to see that light in her eyes twinkle. "Hormones? Is that my name now?" He nudged her gently while he laughed. "I hope McBobbin gets used to it, I had to go around looking for the one that would be a nice home for him and also give him all the stares and admiration for people that see him. If he really needs it I can always hang a four leaf clover on the in side, give the whole good luck appeal to things!" His hand slid along Cassandra's cheek and rubbed it gently. "He's looking out for the cool kids in the house, he's got good taste! Haha, I imagine he'd probably watch over them like a hawk.  What he won't expect is that they'd be watching back like a hawk. It seems like most people on my mothers side of the family have that steely gaze bit going on. I think it skips generations though.

The only stare Alexander seemed to have had been a 'Come hither' one. "Also I got something a bit. . . Geeky, but I loved it too much to not do it." He gently stood up and grabbed hold of a somewhat medium box that typically signified a form of article of clothing. Then it had been placed next to Cassandra where once opened it would be a green shirt with golden trims, Kingfisher on the center of it with words that encircled around it obnoxiously '#SpencerForLife'. "I know. It's corny, awful, but that's what makes it so amazingly great."

Cass rolled her eyes at Alex's terrible lines, but she did then nod as he mentioned the oddness of living with new people. It didn't help that she was still trying to be extra careful to try not to do something that would upset Adele. As much as she wanted to think that they were getting along alright, Cassandra still felt like if she made a wrong step then she might be on the outs with the woman again, and she just... really wanted to try and be good friends with her, regardless of the age difference. At least the talk of the children could distract her from those concerns for a moment and she nodded with a small chuckle.

"Maybe I'll just have to learn the whole Glamouring thing, so that I can teach them before they start going to school... I mean, I know they won't learn much about how to use their magic at a wizarding school, but they can learn a lot of theory that they need to know. Maybe, by then, it won't be so scary to admit to the Headmaster that they are different and should only do certain classes," Cassandra lifted her brows. She knew they would never be able to explain just how they were different, but to at least be able to explain that there was no point expecting them to perform magic like other students, to acknowledge, even secretly with whoever was in charge, that they did things differently. It would be nice. Unrealistic given how the world was, but nice. She snorted at Alex's claims though, even if they were as bad as one another, and then wagged a finger at his apparently title for taking her by surprise, "That's because you totally cheated." She accused, a small smirk tugging at her lips.

"Well, yeah, I know that you can't exactly go telling people why it works different for you. I'm just saying, don't take their judgement to heart, because they're making assumptions based on lack of knowledge," The redhead nodded gently. She knew well that Alex had grown a slight complex due to his struggles over the years and the labels others had given over that struggling. But he knew now that it was all ignorance. He wasn't hopeless, he was something different to them. "But yeah, I get it. Maybe... with everything going on, and the Acceptance, and the twins, and all... maybe your idea is the best one. And you know I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines. You'll kill the equivalency, and be able to go on to study medicine. Bethianna will be able to teach you a lot, no doubt... and you can go to a Muggle university to learn the whole practical side of it all, while learning the magical side from Anna and any other magical doctors we can find around here," She smiled warmly at him. It was going to be alright, he was going to be able to move toward his goal,  no matter what.

"I do agree about the whole having to agree about a family thing though, need to curb those thoughts unless we've discussed it first," Cassandra wagged her finger at him, but then the present had distracted her from all those thoughts as she looked it over and found herself overwhelmed by it. She did worry about McBobbin, but perhaps more so about the idea that someone might try to steal him one day. That frightened her more than him being broken, because she wasn't actually certain he could be damaged. At least knowing he was safe would make her feel better, "Hah, a clover and a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end?" The redhead snickered, but nodded in agreement. Something told her that McBobbin would be as protective of the kids as he was of her. However, she looked up then as another present was delivered, before opening it quickly to see what 'geeky' thing Alex had got. She then snorted quietly and laughed as she pulled the shirt out. "That's awesome. The only way it could be made even more perfect is by making it a half and half and having Griffindor on the other side," She snickered, before giving him a wink to show she was joking, "I'm kidding, I love it."

"Hey, that was smooth and good. You love my quirkiness." Eyebrows wriggled once more as his lips pursed together in an effort to design a silly expression. It seemed as if some of the important ladies in his life had finally started to get along with one another. That was the kind of path he wanted for them, that bond that could develop especially since the both of them could potentially need it with the coming issue on the horizon. He knew, however, that not every feeling couldn't easily be assuaged and that time would need for that kind of closeness to develop in many cases. 

"It's definitely much better than leaving them in the 'care' of my Mother, that's for sure." If they ended up turning out like Lauren or even the awkward Lorelei it could make things a bit more difficult. It also meant that what ever had been targeting Cassandra and her family would also target their daughters once it had been figured out. "Understanding the Wizarding world would help them out anyways too. It may not be their magic style, but the studies do bring a kind of awareness of the society and the way they work. Can't pass up the benefit of being social, either. That helps a lot more than anything else so that they don't end up so unattached."  A soft sigh exhausted from him as he thought about all the possibilities and hurdled they'd need to go through, deciding what the right path could be with the least amount of danger. "We'll have to see how the world is different when they come to that age, right?" He had intended to make it to see them grow up, to raise them himself. However, Alex ended up gasping at the accusation that he had cheated for his win. "I'm hurt, HURT! That you would call that cheating! It was a strategic victory.

"Ahaha... Yea, I guess to me it's more a matter of the reality that me knowing that only helps me feel better. Out there? It's still going to dictate a hell of a lot." It was the truth he'd hoped to avoid for so long, that capability wouldn't deign to decide so much of his life. But in a world of Magic, where doing things at the flick of a hand, the call of will itself had been the societal norm for success?  He had to work harder to prove, work harder to hide and to protect so much all at once. "Sidelines? You? You'd practically be in the game, grabbing my wrist pulling me along and slapping people out of the way. Hahaha." Imagery had been a cute thought and more ironically that he could actually see that occurring. "She did seem happy about the thought of me choosing to want to work in medicine. Still weird having someone that is proud in that manner." By that, he meant more in the position of a 'Mother-like' figure. "Understanding what Muggles have discovered themselves might actually be super important to, the two differences or even whatever maybe similar might help find that answer that I'm looking for. I don't expect it to be anytime soon but one day... One day I'm hoping to find the solution." If life chose to make it unfair for those like Himself, Caleb, and DJ? Then he'd force it to play by his own rules by leveling the playing field. "And don't worry, I don't plan to give up the Guitar. . . But I do plan to give up -A- Guitar. I plan to give Sapphire to Caleb."

Alexander pouted and added the puppy dog eyes to boot as she chastised him about his thoughts. "I can't help that I want to build with you~. I even do readings to see just how big of a family we'd have. I mean, I don't see shit because it literally hurts. But I think it's the thought that counts! Er. . . Well, it's the thought that got us in this situation, eh?" He chuckled lightly at the playful wording. He enjoyed the abrasive nature of McBobbin and even more enjoyed the way he tended to show his care by watching over the children. There were times he even swore he could see him watching over Cassandra in the dead of night. A bit too much like Chucky for him but it was good to know someone else looked over her too. "Alchemical Gold, I want to see if he guts nutty over it! What can I say he deserves to be rich like an Irishman." He shifted a hand to weave through her red hair gently. "Hey, stop ruining my other gifts! Because I got you a -naughty- version of your Hogwarts stuff with Gryffindor on it.