Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
October, 2019 :: Spring
Sign in to follow this  

The Monsters Within

Melbourne ☆ Investigative Journalist✩ Kaitore
27 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ HE/HIM

She was most likely right in his desire to not want to know the true answer for that kind of feeling. That would be the kind of thing where no amount of soap, water, or scrubbing could ever be considered 'enough' to get that kind of slime off of someone. It was often how he perceived certain thoughts that would be lifted up from the surfaces of peoples mind if he hadn't gone through trying to search them out. One thing he'd always questioned about his Mother had been how did she manage to keep him a secret from the rest of the circle of friends that his grandparents had gathered up in a way to showcase their much more 'Pureblooded' status. "Being sneaky and eavesdropping isn't the only skill. She can keep a secret as well as a stool pigeon or a reporter's source." That and he couldn't imagine her being subtle with the way she'd slap some of her 'demands' or 'expectations' in front of him with the hardest metaphorical punches. A snicker emitted from him as he leaned inwards and returned the whisper. "Do you think she could really work a small device without yelling, 'I'm putting this here.' ?" 

Marcus laughed softly. "Loan-a-kid? That sounds like it'd be a pretty good business to start up. 'Mother bothering you about grandkids? Need someone to wash your car? How about someone to actually have Christmas Dinner with? Well, Loan-a-Kid today!' That kind of got a bit sad at the end." Laughter turned into a chuckle that slowly started to ease up. Though he imagined if Gabby had been around even more often, if that had at all been even possible, that his Mother could be satisfied and distracted in spoiling her. At least to by sometime to see if that had been the kind of thought he even wanted to pursue in the first place. "Angel in the streets, freaky in the sheets that's all I'm saying on that!" Then an accusing stare shifted towards Gemini. "And for all you know, you were just fueling all that emotion of desire for me to do it all." Not that he believed that, chances had been they were feeding heavily off of one another. 

A smirk found its way on his lips while their eyes met, hands raised up to press on both side of her cheek while the edges of his fingers rubbed along the tip of her earlobe gently as if it had been a teased massage. "Drunken deafness is a serious thing, of course, most times it seems you select when you have it even sober."  He couldn't count how many times it seemed as if she didn't hear him just to see if he'd constantly repeat what he stated towards her. But now, now he had her where she couldn't hide her face away from him after hearing the words. While he didn't expect her to be the 'embarrassed' sort, there also hadn't been the expectation that she'd want him to speak louder. At this point he suspected she wanted the entire house to know. Even worse had been he was more than one-hundred percent sure that Layla was around the corner, it was customary as his luck to have these moments go in the other direction quickly. "Fine, you little punk."

He considered her blush his for the viewing and that would probably be the greatest win possible in his mind. Voice elevated strongly while he stared deeper into her eyes. "I LOVE YOU, GEMINI." The base had been enough that it could be felt through a glass table if one placed their hand onto its surface. The declaration had been followed by the sound of sniggled 'Dawh', was that actually tear sniffling in the background now? A soft annoyed sigh erupted from him because that could only mean one thing. "You just -had- to tempt the beast, Gemma. Now she's hiding there behind the WALL! AS IF I CAN'T -HEAR- HER!

Melbourne ☆ Musician & Vocalist★ LilyCat
24 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

"Well yeah. She can be real quiet when she wants to be," Gemini snorted softly. She's caught Layla a few times sneaking some kind of sweet that she shouldn't be having, a few times. The young woman did chuckle again at the idea of making a business out of borrowing kids for a short time that could be handed back, at least until she realised that pretty much was almost like foster parenting, and her laughter died down a little at the reminder of her mother, though not a sad reminder as such. Just one of the many kindnesses that the woman had been guilty of in her short life. An eyeroll was the respond to his quip about what she was like, before then offering a light shrug, "I guess you'll never know whether or not I was fueling your desire to do anything." She remarked, and then gave a small crooked smile.

"Oh, I know. I'm a severe sufferer of drunken deafness," Gem snickered, narrowing her gaze at him as his fingers trailed her cheeks and ears. She was being a stubborn shit, she knew that, and it was quite likely that Layla was just around the corner or somewhere listening in on them, not that the younger woman minded at all. She was just being cheeky, since he'd decided he would try to get away with saying it without it being audible to others who were potentially awake and could hear them. She wasn't entirely sure if he would go through with it or not, but her brow rose as he spoke as though he was. And then he did, and she blushed perhaps a fraction, but her lips also tugged into a light smirk, and then an even bigger one at the peanut gallery 'aww'ing at him.

"Hah! I bet she's been waiting to hear that for ages," The young woman said, chuckling quietly, though her gaze was warm and appreciative, and it was rather clear she felt likely as strongly about the man as well, despite all the confusion and frustration that was going on inside of her in the wake of another man she had loved suddenly reappearing. She managed another small huff of a laugh as Marcus voiced his annoyance over the listening mother, but then leaned in closly and offere him a small kiss. "Well, I'm pretty sure I love you too. I wouldn't be so damned annoyed and confused about what happened tonight if I didn't."

The short-lived silence that had come from Gemini caused a soft hum to emit from him in thought. It seemed that there had been more weight on her mind than she showed through or had it been that part of her didn't realize those things until the connection had been made in the moment? It was probably best to not to attempt a psychoanalysis of a person who had been a couple of drinks into the wind. "You think I wouldn't know. You're underestimating a reporter's talents and resourcefulness." A toothy grin had been his own response towards the crooked smile. "I have many talents, skills, and aces up my sleeve that can get me the right answer. I'm just being nice in not using them, have to let you keep that dignity of thinking I don't know!" His expression then shifted into a more playful smile. 

"Now, is that only when you're drunk or all the time? Because now comes down to if it's really just acute selective hearing in both moments." Marcus placed his bet on it being much more of a selective hearing case. The thought alone rumbled an amused chuckle while his hand weaved through the short raven locks on his head. Either way, he wasn't sure how much he could 'handle' staying between the little shit that Gem had decided to become with the ever so 'Mrs. Rogers' in the other room thinking that it had been a wonderful day in the room for her antics. "You know. . . You two can just stay here with each other and I'll move it. I'll only come to visit Gabby, the only person who actually cares about my abused feelings." They'd been the reason why he tried to keep such intimate moments a secret and probably will be even more honed on trying to keep that the case. 

"What she's about to hear is the biggest eviction notice in history." Maybe he should have put her under a sleep spell? If only he had planned properly for emergencies that would end up putting him into a position where he actually wore more of his emotions on the sleeve. A scoff filled lightly at what he considered be a 'predicament' for him to be seen caught in, someone like him shouldn't be in a position to be blackmailed like this! The annoyance and exaggerated ire that he had built up seemed to be flushed out of his mind feeling the softness of Gemini's lips against him. His expression shifted, drawn to one that had stared at her inspecting the softened gaze that had been offered to him. It didn't seem like she'd been planning her usual shenanigans to exasperate the situation even further. " 'Pretty sure', Ouch. That's like saying 'Maybe I might have something for you. Don't really know.'" He gave a smirk to show that he hadn't actually felt slighted or harmed emotionally from the words - more of a tease at her expense. 

"Don't go admitting stuff that you're not sure of if you're drunk though. You'll end up second guessing it when you can remember - will make it more difficult to differentiate your actual feelings rather than the mess you're walking in right now." Part of him wanted to take back his own admittance. Not because it hadn't been true but that it had been much more exposure to this kind of sun than he had been accustomed towards. He'd had rather stand out in the burning and blinding rays of the morning than take that kind of risk that would burn in a much harsher blaze. Instead of trying to focus on the harm it could cause him; It'd been the larger reflection that the potential harm to Gemini could be caused with her past memories at conflict with her current feelings. "Better safe than regretful with these kind of things, right?"

Melbourne ☆ Musician & Vocalist★ LilyCat
24 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

"I also have an amazing talent in being a shithead and letting you think that you know a bunch of things by acting a great deal of ways just to contradict myself over and over until you go nuts and get all grouchy like you do, while I cackle somewhere quietly before deciding to come and make you feel better," Gemini grinned brilliantly at Marcus. An expert reporter he was, but she was also a master of generally being a massive pain in the arse, for many people. Though it was especially fun when she teased the poor man and confused him until he wasn't certain what she was thinking or whether she was being serious or not. Why the hell he had decided that he wanted to go out with her to begin with was a question she wondered rather regularly, "I can't help it if you're a sucker for punishment though." The young woman quipped, followed by a light chuckle and small grin.

"Who can really tell with the hearing problem though, it just comes and goes depending on the situation," The woman laughed softly again as she gave Marcus a gentle nudge, before then laughing louder as he decided he might just leave her and his mother here and find somewhere better to be. "Aw, you'd miss me within half an hour, tops." Gem grinned as she gave him another nudge, "Who else keeps you on your toes so well? You'd be bored shitless without me hanging around, and besides Gabby and I are a package. You can't just have one and not the other. Sheesh." She issued a small huff, before smirking as another small chuckle erupted, the volume increasing as he threatened his mother with an eviction notice. She relaxed against him though, resting her head on his shoulder after having given him the soft kiss, her brow furrowing at his response to her semi-confession. "Well, shit. I'll just keep my mouth shut next time," She huffed a small snort, but then fell quiet for a moment as he tried to make her feel better about her not-entirely-certain confession. Though she had meant what she'd said on her thoughts about it.

"Well it's true though, isn't it? If I didn't love you then I wouldn't be feeling so shit and torn about all this other crap that's come up. I mean... I know I loved Frankie. For years. And I know I'm hurt.. but I'm also pissed off, because of how it could affect what i've built up for myself now, and how you might feel about me being all mixed and pissed off about it all. I don't like the idea of you getting hurt by this crap, and I really don't like the idea of losing what we've got either. I've been happier than I have been in years, and Gabby loves you to bits..." Gemini trailed off, her words having turned into mumbles until she went silent for a long few moments... and then there was a gentle snore that came from the woman, as comfortable as she was curled up beside him, the alcohol had finally worn her out and she'd passed out sitting beside him, though only lightly by the small mumbles that couldn't be deciphered, as though she was still trying to talk.

"Hmm... I concede to your point about that shithead bit, you can be pretty~ bad. I mean, you bump your guitar into me first meeting, make me break my own glasses! Then some how convince me to not bill you for it!" He shook his head as if all that added up to actually being her grand scheming plan. The small smirk that had grew on his lips showcasing he knew it had been anything but. "You just like poking bears for fun, I think. I literally think you go out into some woods, somewhere in the world, and start poking random bears during hibernation seasons. That has to be the only way you're so adept at gaslighting." Most times he wondered how or why he put up with her but that had often been the point of having love for someone, wasn't it? To care about DESPITE the way that they'd been towards you, well, mostly when it hadn't been meant in a malicious manner. "I'm a sucker for not being smart and tossing two people out.

Not like he'd actually toss Gem or Layla out on their ass, not now anyways. Maybe if it had been him a few months ago keeping a careful distance. Times were simpler then. "Convenient, no doubt." This was what it must have been like to pay a special price in someone's personal hell, wasn't it? "Half an hour? You're underestimating how much work has actually built up for me dealing with both you and my Mother. I have a good three days worth of leads to track down and verify." Not an entire lie but not something he seemed to be losing much sleep over either. "I absolutely can! That's what the bribe pancakes are for, now that I know how to make them. I can win her to my side." His snicker formed as her brow furrowed, he knew it probably had been a bit of a sore point but it had been amusing to see her response none the less. 

That amusement soon receded and dipped into a soft solemn internal silence. He let her finished but he could tell, the way her vital signs had been pulsing through her body, it had started to lull her to a snore-filled sleep. A small smile, though sad touched his lips. "I hadn't said that for my own heart, silly, Gemini. . . I didn't want you hurt with doubt that you weren't entirely sure. . ." He waited for a moment until he'd been sure he wouldn't wake her up and then picked the slumbering woman up in his arms effortlessly in a bridal carry. Placed her onto the couch and pulled a nearby quilt over her. "Love you both to bits too. You won't need to ever worry about losing what you've gained." What -they've- gained, he couldn't leave out that he'd been fortunate enough to have that kind of affection. Even with the meddling of not only Layla but Sibylla too, which figured, his mother and the woman that had been much like a Grandmother to himself in assistance. 

His hand reached into his pocket pulling out a silver pendant, a blood-red jewel sat within the center of it as his eyes burrowed at the recently attained trinket. "No matter what may come."