Sign in to follow this  
Amiradysébelle Blair

Invite Not A Little Girl Anymore

Melbourne ☆ Actress, Princess, Supermum★ LilyCat
25* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

As Lillian returned them home, Jezebel gave the older woman a kiss on the cheek and thanked her softly. She'd expended much of her own energy, and it hadn't gone unnoticed. Then Lillian vanished and the mother and daughter were left inside the quite house, Jez pulling Lorelei in for another tight hug, simply glad to have her baby girl back, even if she wasn't exactly a baby anymore, and was apparently much more than she'd been before - from what she could tell would be much more than Jez or Adele or Mea in the years to come. She was still unsure how all this was going to pan out over time, but she would do her best to help Lei cope with this extra she had within herself.

Of course, the house wasn't quiet for very long. The woman knew that the other girls would have been aware as soon as she and Lorelei arrived, and she could already hear the triplets yelling their sister's name as though they'd woken the moment they felt Lorelei's presence. Which was probably exactly the case. Whether Viktor was asleep or not, she knew that he wouldn't be far behind the children. Still, she wanted to hold Lei just a little longer.

"Mamiere, you're going to make everyone fight to cuddle me," Lorelei huffed softly, though it only caused the both of them to chuckle quietly as they waited to be met by the rest of the tribe now that the triplets' yelling could have woken up the entire neighbourhood. Even the cats had come to say hello, circling around their ankles.

"Lillian said rest," Jez mumbled against Lei's hair, "But I doubt we'll be able to until I've told your father about what happened tonight."

Professor Teaching Staff ☆ Transfiguration Professor/HealerSanctusX
28 year old Halfbreed Dhampir ☆ He/Him

Viktor had woken up when Jezebel left the house in a hurry, but had managed to get back to a light doze after some time. He knew that if something were truly wrong, if any of them were in immediate danger, she would at least notify him so that he could get the triplets to safety. Viktor might not have been the strongest of the twin brothers, but he would fight until his heart gave out if it were necessary. 

He could smell Jezebel and... No. His senses could not be lying to him, even as he sat up in bed and rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes. That smell was of Lorelei. A mix of the flowers from the greenhouse where her body had lain, but also the natural smell of her that Viktor could not quite put into words, even when Jez asked him to. A mix of him and her together - that was the only way he could phrase it.

The triplets made it clear that it was Jezebel and Lorelei that had returned home, and Viktor was immediately out of bed and making his way down to the entrance of the house. Even the cats had made it there before him, Valerian eagerly pointing at his big sister. "Papa, look! Lei is back! Lei is back!"

For his part, Viktor stood stock still as he took in the sight of his firstborn. She was standing there, she was breathing... The first thing Viktor did was hone his hearing until he could truly hear her heart beating in her chest. His own heart began to race in his chest, beating faster and faster until it was likely fit to burst in the figurative sense - though he knew he would need to calm himself shortly, else the donated organ could be in some trouble. "Lei..." He muttered, still focused on her heartbeat. He did not even elect to think about how she was still that teenage size, that there was something amiss with her eyes.

A fanged smile soon blossomed as the father surged forward to embrace his baby girl in his arms. Sure, his heart was still galloping away at an unhealthy rate, but damn it, he wanted to forget his own limitations and focus on the fact that Lorelei was with them again. "Lorelei, my little girl, you're back," he murmured into her hair as he held her close, afraid that if he let go, he'd find himself having dreamt it all. "Papa missed you." He could feel his heart soothing down, though whether that was due to himself, or due to the magic of the girls, he did not want to question just yet.

Sturt ☆ Family Busybody★ LilyCat
15* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Lorelei knew exactly what to expect, and her lips tugged into a smile at the sound of her siblings. They were much smaller than she thought she remembered, but then again she was much bigger than she had been as well, and they crowded around her waist, as well as their mother's, in a big group hug for a few moments, before all the questions began. Far too many for Lorelei to even begin answering. Not that she thought they needed to know all the intricacies of all that had gone on, of where she had been exactly over the months. They held a much younger view of the world than she ever had, and as with her mother, grandmother and great grandmother, she felt it was best for them to be that way - to have a childhood.

Of course, Lorelei also had to remind herself that she was supposed to experience the rest of hers. How, she wasn't certain. Though she knew that she was looking forward to returning to Tally, at an older age than she had been. She hoped that she and Lauren would be in classes together, but also that she could be in classes with Aiden as well. She was looking forward to seeing her friend again.

"Hello Papa. I missed you too," The teenager said lightly, a happy smile on her features as soon as she saw her father, though her brow creased in slight concern at the strain he seemed to be placing upon himself. Jezebel let her go, and she went into Viktor's arms easily, closing her eyes as she hugged her father tightly, while also sending a little more calming energy into him. She didn't want him to have a coronary right there just after she'd come back home. Jezebel helped some more with that, placing a hand on Viktor's shoulder when she'd sensed it herself, though the small action appeared to drain the mother easily and both the young women were reminded of the energy she'd already expended tonight.

"Mamiere, you should sit," Came the concerned voice of the teen, and Jez didn't argue, simply nodding before making her way to a sofa and practically collapsing onto it tiredly. Lorelei watched her to make certain she was alright as she gave her father another squeeze, before then relaxing a little and drawing back just enough to look at him with the now oddly coloured eyes and a gentle mixture of happiness, with a hint of sombre sadness beneath it. "Much has occurred tonight, Papa. Mamiere is quite drained, and... there have been ill tidings. Grandmiere's David is no longer with us," She said quietly, already sensing the confusion and upset in her siblings with the announcement.

"Sollozzo has finally decided to strike," Lorelei continued, knowing her mother was too tired to be explaining such things, though the woman welcomed the triplets climbing on top of her and the sofa she was laying on while Lorelei spoke with their father.

When Lei wrapped her arms around him, Viktor could have positively melted from the sheer relief that his firstborn was awake, alive. His heart could have burst from happiness - and also probably the strain it was experiencing from racing, autonomic and not under Viktor’s control - thankfully it did not. He felt more a wash of peace flow over him, especially so when he felt Jez’s hand on his shoulder.

Of course, Viktor also wasn’t a fool, and he knew something must have happened. Lorelei confirmed it for him when she squeezed again and then looked up at him. Viktor’s blue eyes widened a bit in shock for two reasons.

One, that David was dead.

Two, what in the hell happened to Lorelei’s eyes!?

Viktor’s head turned sharply to Jezebel, but he couldn’t bring himself to ask her about that now - not when she looked so exhausted, with Erian, Letta, and Nika all piling on top of her. He focused back on Lei, forcing himself to take a few deep breaths. This was probably a long story - best they start one point at a time.

Viktor’s eyes shut momentarily when Lei told him that Sollozzo struck - that explained the death of David, though the man was sure there was a lot more to this. “Let’s sit, and we can start from the beginning,” Viktor suggested, plopping down on the other couch, one arm open to invite Lei to sit next to him.

Okay. Sollozzo struck,” Viktor reiterated, a growl to his tone that belied his upset over this. “What of Adele? She’s safe I trust?

Lorelei watched her mother carefully as the woman lay down on the sofa, making room for the triplets to lie down with her, and smiling at the peace they seemed to bring with them. The teenager then nodded and followed her father to also sit down, knowing that he was going to have quite a number of questions. Since Jezebel wasn't really in a very good state to be answering them, or even staying awake, then their daughter would explain for Viktor. Hopefully, it wouldn't wear him out the way it had most everyone else who'd been involved. There was a lot.

Cuddling up next to her father, the teen listened as he relayed back what she'd said, and then again at the question of Adele.

"Grandmiere is safe, yes. Uncle Xander and Auntie Cass are staying with her tonight so that she is not having to be alone. She is much upset over what has happened, and at a loss. Though, I believe once she has recovered then she is wanting to put an end to the danger," Lei spoke quietly as her lips pursed in thought. She would have to seek out Adele in the near future, when the woman had recovered a bit. Let her know of the plans that she and Zane had been forming and preparing for.

"That is what did bring Mamiere to her house though. And with the revelation of such, I decided that I did want to return sooner, and it was then revealed that the plan that Flora had told the others about would never have worked, that Ruella would never have been able to hold the amount of energy required to wake me. So Grandmiere called upon one of the old ones to give me their strength in order to return," Lorelei told the story as though it could have an an ordinary day for her, despite the fact that all of what she was saying was completely out of the ordinary. "As such, I now have the soul of the Brown... infused with my own, is the best way to describe it?" She considered, and then nodded.

"After that, I did reveal Flora's true identity as Lauren, which I know I should have long ago, but it was not my place then. And it was decided that she would live with cousin Alan and his family," Lei nodded lightly, before then thinking again a moment, "Oh! And Xander and Cassandra are expecting twins." She smiled brightly then. That was all of what had happened, right?

Viktor's heart was slowing down and at ease the moment he was sitting, the moment that he had Lorelei cuddled up next to him on the couch, just like when she had been a smaller child. God, it was strange to even think of it - she was stuck as a teenager, and all those intermediate years in between were gone. Still, he didn't let his mind think too deeply on it for now, not when there were more important things to worry about. Letting his arm go around his little one's shoulder, the man focused in on all of the details.

He had figured something big had happened. He hadn't really anticipated how big it would be.

At least Adele had people with her, Viktor mused to himself. Even more importantly though was the fact that he agreed with Lorelei's sentiments. If Adele didn't feel the urge to want to end all of this madness once and for all, then Viktor would have been worried for the woman's state of mind. As it were, it was going to take time, and there was nothing Viktor could say to it, other than, "Putting an end to all of this is imperative, really. The sooner Sollozzo and his brood are out of the picture the better for the rest of us."

Putting it mildly, of course.

Viktor's mind turned over and over though when it was revealed that Flora's plan to help bring Lei back would never have worked. "So all that energy storage, Uncle Vladimir going to watch over Ruella to stop the battery from... popping, I guess, it was for naught? Or..." Viktor paused in his verbal musing, looking at Jez on the couch with the triplets, a little smile coming to his face. No, Jez was way too exhausted for it to all have been for naught. "So it took all of that energy and then this... Brown, to help bring you back to us." Viktor was used to strange happenings with Jez's side of the family, and all the sorceraic blood, the things he saw Jez, Améa, and the girls being capable of.

As long as his little Lorelei was still in there, that's all that mattered. Viktor gave her shoulder a squeeze. "That explains your eyes then..." But he trailed off when the rest of the revelations came to pass. Flora and Lauren? And Xander was expecting twins? 

With a good-natured chuckle, he looked at Lei and told her, "You and mum got to get all that happy news about twins, and here Papa was telling stories to your brother and sisters to get them to try and sleep again." 

A sleepy yawn was heard followed by, "But Papa you love reading the fairy tale about Jack and the Beanstalk," from Letta and Nika both, giggles soon following. Viktor for his part laughed again before asking Lei, "First and foremost, Papa's happy that you're back and in one piece... Though we will need to plan ahead for the troubles with Sollozzo ahead." True, Viktor was not much good in a physical fight for risk of his heart, but that aside, his ability to strategize was unparalleled.

The teen found herself glad that she could still fit under her father's arm as it wrapped around her. A part of her had feared that she would be too old, too big, to have the luxuries that the younger children had. Naturally, she knew that she was too big for some things now, but she would always be able to enjoy cuddles, and that was enough to comfort her. She nodded as Viktor pieced her story together, also agreeing that the situation with Sollozzo had to be taken care of sooner rather than later. If the man was taking action now, then it was only a matter of time before he came after someone else that Adele cared for. And though none of the females in the family could be killed outright, there was still a great deal of pain that he could cause them if he managed to get any one of them.

And it was clear that he didn't care what lengths he needed to go to in order to harm Adele through others.

"Not for naught. Mamiere and Ruella and even Great grandmiere Lillian were all drained of a great deal of energy in reviving me, even with the assistance of the Brown," Lorelei explained. The fact that Lillian had used so much of her own energy to have caused her hair to grey slightly was enough to show that the Brown had been needed. It had also shown how great the lengths that the woman would go to herself in order to bring Lorelei back, something that the girl felt grateful toward her for. She wasn't sure how much more she could explain about her amalgamation with the Brown, she wasn't even certain herself yet what it would mean. But they would work out anything that arose, Lei was certain of it.

A small giggle erupted, however, when her father spoke of having to try and get the triplets to go back to sleep, and the retort from her sisters. She could have only imagined how restless they all would have been, the girls no doubt having sensed some of what was occurring and wondering what was going on exactly. Through them, Erian would have also known something was going on as well, with the shared connection between the three. The mention of Sollozzo again, however, and of having to plan, caused Lorelei's expression to shift to something a little more serious.

"There are plans in motion," The girl said simply, "I must speak to Grandmiere when she is feeling somewhat more stable." She nodded gently, however her words had caused Jezebel to stir slightly and look toward her.

"What plans?" The mother asked, suddenly acutely aware that Lorelei had a mental block up in place, causing her brow to furrow, wondering just how involved her daughter was in these 'plans' and the danger that it would place her in. She hadn't got her back only to lose her again, "Lorelei..."

"I cannot say!" The girl protested, glancing between her parents with an apologetic look, "There will be too  much danger if too many know. I must only tell Grandmiere so that she can deal with Sollozzo as she wishes to. I promise I will not be putting myself into his direct line." She looked at them both pleadingly, hoping for them to understand that the less people who knew, the greater the chance of success. She had originally planned to not involve anyone, but that wasn't an option, and so she would go to Adele, who had the greatest cause to see to the ending of the threat to their family.

Sign in to follow this