School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

Bourke ☆ Apprentice BakerKirupachi
15 year old Halfbreed Veela ☆ She/Her

Christmas was Samantha's favorite time of the year. Ignoring the tremendous proximity to her own birthday, she very much enjoy the emphasis on family, friendship, camaraderie - and yes, even romance - that the holiday seemed to instill upon people. Every bond was important and worth being celebrated and cherished. It usually took the form of a material gift; Sam didn't care for this so much, but she could understand why it was. But more importantly, it was the time of the year where she could just shower everyone she knew with affection and they'd just have to sit and deal with it.

Not only that, but Tallygarunga was throwing a Christmas/Graduation dance!

Filled with glee at the prospect of such a day, the Bourke immediately offered to place the flyers all over school for an announcement. She didn't mind the looks exchanged before her due to her tendency of failing such simple tasks, and her determination won out in the end. Surprisingly things went without a hitch as she went around the various rooms and buildings in school, placing the flyers on the various walls on campus. And at last, she reached the final room of her itinerary - the Games Room, in the Southern Cross Tower.

As soon as she got there, she withdrew her wand from her pocket, wordlessly directing the sheets to various carefully picked spots in the room and had the paper stick itself to the surface every time. She grinned as her work was complete, and was about to walk out when she caught something in the corner of her eye.

One of the papers was upside down.

Her mood deflated momentarily - of course something had to go wrong. But she wasn't about to be defeated by that rogue flyer! She made her way to the upside down announcement, and pried at the pesky little thing with her fingers. Luck wasn't on her side as she couldn't even get a nail under the paper, given how strong the magical glue spell was.

"Uh...? How...?" She muttered to herself. She didn't exactly know a spell to undo it all, and thus she had no choice. After a significant amount of time, Samantha managed to slide a fingertip under each of the bottom corners of the flyer, and decided to hold onto it with her thumbs as well. Placing her foot on the wall, she leaned back and tried to pry it forcefully, to no avail. "Ngh... Come on...!" Her face scrunched up with the effort. Did the spell itself get botched as well?

17 year old Halfblood Werewolf ☆ HE/HIM

Travis had already been relaxing within the Game room and laid back on one of the cushioned coaches that had been provided as a means to facilitate the room to be more 'relaxing.' He passively watched the room but mostly what seemed to be a heated match between two players of a different houses engaged in Wizard's Chess, a pen to the sketch pad he often carried around. The pencil gently traced along the surface of it as he outlined the two fingers locked in a focused concentration over what seemed to be a table - only an outline at any rate. There had been no major details made yet just enough to know that there were figures that faced one another in a penciled skeleton. 

Bit by bit at an impressive speed and attention to detail he started to fill it what had been missing but also added in a bit of extra details. The things a person could only see by studying long enough, one played had the sense of confidence and superiority. This he demonstrated by giving that particular subject a firm smirk that demonstrated just how in control he thought he'd been. A steady aura drawn around it the form as if it had been its own ;fighting spirit' of sorts, the other seemed much more determined but no less a slouch. This was portrayed in the sense of a much more determined frown at the brow, the thin line of the lips turned in a way to show how unamused he'd been about the opponent. Another aura was added in as his artists' interpretation. Much more fierce, chaotic, contained and it threatened to grow further out of control. 

At least that portion of the drawing would have if Travis hadn't noticed the sounds of struggle that wormed its way into his ear. Tried as he might have to ignore it and focus on his 'Masterpiece' of sorts it held no success. A soft sigh emitted and he sat up to fold the pad to the front cover and slide the pencil into the small loop that accompanied it while he stood up fully. Eyes scanned sharply like a hunter for a prey until he noticed Samantha trying to wrestle with a flyer."Oh. . . Well, I guess that makes sense on the sounds of struggles.

A remark towards himself before he made his way over towards her direction with the wand withdrawn. "As hilarious as watching you struggle with this is, Sammie. . . I just can't in good conscious let it keep going on." He remarked towards his fellow Bourke and placed a friendly hand at her shoulder and his head slightly jabbed towards the side and he spoke up again."Step aside real quick, let's see if I can get this old flyer to be a bit more compliant." He had no qualms that he probably could have brute strength pulled it down but he also didn't want to risk ripping it after all that tugging and pulling effort that occurred just seconds prior. 

If she'd step back his hand would raise up and trace the tip of the wand through the air with an attempt to charm the Glue spell itself to weaken its hold just a bit to be more friendly to being adjusted. 

How wasn't the flyer not even ripping under Samantha's tugging? The girl gritted her teeth and an eye involuntarily closed, such was the effort she was making. However, it was no use. Even with her foot firmly planted on the wall, the enchanted paper refused to budge. Maybe if she placed her other foot on the wall too...?

Luckily for her, she didn't have the opportunity to put such a thought to practice. Instead, a familiar voice interrupted the faulty line of logic, and she glanced over at the source. Her visage relaxed somewhat despite the valiant effort being placed into getting the flyer out of its restraint. "Oh, Travis!" Finally, help! She sounded relieved in her exclamation, and as the fellow student placed a hand on her back, she finally settled down. She placed her foot back down to stand upright and took a small step back after letting go of the paper.

She watched the nonverbal spell take place. "Thanks!" She spoke before even bothering to verify if the spell had worked. Instead, she proceeded to reach forward and tugged lightly at the corner. It was still glued, alright. And so, she grabbed the other corner, and pulled.

As per usual, the half-Veela failed to measure her strength. The flyer came clean off the wall, but she stumbled backwards, not expecting it to be so easy. She ended up falling on her rear after stumbling backwards a few steps.

At least the paper was safe and sound.

"...I-I'm okay..." She muttered with embarrassment as she realized the very public fumble. The girl awkwardly brought herself back up to her feet, but nevertheless she nodded her head in gratitude to Travis. "Thanks, I wouldn't know what I would've done without you there." Despite the fall, she couldn't help but smile in appreciation. It was truly difficult to dampen this girl's spirits.

"Now, let's see..." Retrieving her wand and reciting the earlier incantation, the flyer once more left her hands and glued itself onto the surface. However, this time, it was upright. It was rather eye-catching, and it alerted students towards the incoming 'End Year Ball'. "A job well done." She wound up congratulating herself as the final flyer found its place, an ear to ear grin finding its way to her face.

In a world where people could enchant paper that would yell their displeasures and grievances of your actions, overwhelmingly durable paper even with the weight of a young gal pulling at it's edges seemed. . . Normal. Perhaps too normal with other considerations. 

After being acknowledged a smooth smile curved on his face. "That's the name." At least she wasn't too unaware that she'd be startled. It at least seemed she was happy to see him as well. The quick actioned assistance he offered perhaps sealing that idea in his mind easily when the gratitude rung from her lips. "No problem! You looked like you needed a bit of assistance there. A tug-of-war with the wall and beating you there." That or a spell gone wrong perhaps? He hadn't noticed too much but maybe she laid it on just a bit too thick with enchanted glue that made it roll up tightly bound?

Travis found himself snapped out of that thought with a blur from the corner of his eyes, his first extinct had been to try and reach out quickly but held back. Intentionally slowing his reaction time to miss grabbing hold of her hand. A wince formed as her rear smacked against the ground. Not the way he wanted it to happen yet if he hadn't kept his instincts in check then it would give enough notice to certain 'abnormal' qualities that he held. Leaning forward his arm extended outwards while he grasped her hand lightly to try and help her stand back up on her feet. 

"Whoops, sorry there. I was just a bit too late on the snatch up." A weak chuckle escaped from him as he shrugged. "But it looks like you're alright." He allowed his eyes to travel along her form in examination. No sign or smell of blood, no visible bruises or wounds either it seemed. At least she didn't hurt herself too badly from the drop. "Heh, I'm pretty sure you would've found a way around it. At least you didn't end up stuck to the flyer. That would have been really bad to just hang around there.

Attention now tuned in on the flyer and what had been written on it. His hand tilted slightly to the side at the way it had been presented and an eyebrow rose up in curiosity. "Woah, a -Ball-? Talk about trying to get people to walk around in fancy pants." Not that he lacked the necessary garments to show up but the question lingered, did he even want to really show? Ball's were the kind of thing people dragged significant other's to or the people that had someone in mind they wanted to dance with. That'd be like torture to him, all the beautiful ladies to dance with. 

"Sure hope the ones going enjoy themselves. Get themselves really pampered before it and then show up glittering like a rainbow fish."

Fortunately for Travis, for as much as Samantha could be considered a walking body language reader, she was too busy falling over to catch his visible hesitation. Instead, she took his hand as she got back up and straightened out her uniform, feeling her rear get a bit sore. She completely mismeasured her strength again, didn't she?

"Stuck to the flyer...?" A chill ran down Samantha's spine as such a horrifying image invaded her mind. Knowing her usual performance of such spells, it was actually a miracle that it hadn't happen. Have it glue to her forehead and rip the skin away while trying to yank it off or something, even. She's gotten injured one too many times out of silly mistakes, and a renewed sense of relief washed over her with the realization of the bullet she just dodged.

As Travis looked to the extravagant flyer, she did too. A smile crept up her lips once more at the dancing students in it, looking like they were happy and having the time of their lives. She couldn't wait. "I'm definitely breaking out my best dress for this." The Hammonds weren't particularly well known for their wealth, but she did have a dress or two passed down from her mother that actually fit her frame rather nicely.

"Are you going?" Samantha questioned, excitement visible in her eyes. "You'd better go! I want one dance with you." She proclaimed, giving him the best smile she could at the moment. "Plus, many girls are bound to be there, right? Plenty of fish in the sea!" Although, she wondered just how many would be willing to dance with someone other than their partner, given that a lot of them would be there on romantic terms, unlike herself.

"Unless... It's not your thing?" She could see how it could be overwhelming for some people, and could not exactly blame Travis if that were the case.

"Oh, yeah. It works great in cartoons or animations. Not. . . So much in life. Haha." A hand shifted along his forehead as he brushed a few strands of hair from his sights. "I've seen some crazy magical blunders in my small time here at Tallygarunga. This one kid had flubbed up a glue spell and had a bunch of his marbles stuck to his hand. Finger tip to wrist!" One of his fingers emphasized by making note through pointing at the opposite hands finger and trailed it down towards the wrist. "The 'You've lost your marbles!' jokes didn't end for three years." He hadn't seen that poor sod in some time, maybe he ended up transferring schools? A shrug followed suit as he pushed the thought from mind. "But that wouldn't happen to you. You're too much of a hard worker.

He felt everyone had the right to mess up a few spells here and there. To have anyone that was an excelled virtuoso in the arts of magic had been rare in many cases and took a lot of training. Either early on as possible or later in life, people didn't just come rolling out with near perfect control of their talents. 

"Dress to impress or a knockout display?" The two were very different concepts to him. One designed to give nodded approval and the other to make the jaws of the room drop faster than two college undergarments. "Me? Go? Eeeeh. . ." Hands pressed on his waist as he glanced about in thought and truly considering the idea. There would be plenty of beautiful ladies to gawk at but was that how he wanted to spend an entire dance doing? Sometimes it got a bit tiring to admire and the urge for him to go out and do something about it would gnaw and eventually kick in. "Maybe I'll go. Might drag Meadow along with me, having her around will make me seem even a fraction bit cooler." A slight joke offered. 

"I usually avoid dances. Not so much that it isn't my thing I just wouldn't know where to begin with trying to dance with so many people." While not the poster boy for being a social butterfly, he had no shame or wariness about trying to dance with different women by the end of the night. As long as people didn't hold it against him at any rate. "It's a formal too. That means I have to actually get dressed up and tie my hair back. Suit shopping sounds like. . . Such a drag."

"Oh, I've heard of that." A horror story, as far as Samantha was concerned. And she knew for a fact it could have happened to her - she was just that disastrous with magic, usually, even if she knew all the theory (which she seemed to fail at as well, somehow). "I'm not so sure, but I'm just going to hope it doesn't..."

Hard work didn't hold a candle to sheer talent, after all.

"Neither. Just wear what you'd like. Dress for yourself." She suggested. It was exactly what she was going to do. She couldn't care less about what others thought - actually no, that wasn't true. She cared that they looked away, wished for it. But, given her ancestry, that proved to be an impossibility and she just had to live with it. It didn't help that the effects were amplified by one's emotional state, and she would most likely be elated at the ball.

"You should totally go." She encouraged with her trademark grin, as well as a nod. "You two would look great together there! That reminds me, I should probably ask her to go out to find a dress. Probably doesn't have a nice thing left after that growth spurt of hers..." Meadow was practically unrecognizable when put next to a picture of her from the start of that same year. It was like puberty on steroids. She would offer a dress of her own, but not only she had just one formal attire, but the other girl wasn't her size.

"You'll just have to show up early to dance with as many as possible then." Samantha countered. "And the ones you don't get this year, you can always get the next year. Gives you something to look forward to. Win win!" She couldn't help but wonder who'd she dance with herself. While she did want a go with all her friends, she wanted to avoid the more handsy ones. Travis was more of a gentleman in her eyes, and so he was okay.

"Oh, I'll go with you!" She quickly offered at the mention of suit-shopping, taking one of his hands with both her own in a fluid movement so to emphasize her point. "It shouldn't be too expensive, right? There are places that rent out suits too, anyway." One night of pampering didn't hurt anything but your wallet, but it was Christmas season - perhaps she should contribute to help with that at some point?

"I think we all sorta need this, you know? With the kind of year we've all been having." The murderer scare, collapsing grades on her end, and a number of personal catastrophes she's gotten the wing of every now and then. It wasn't a fun year by any means. "Give it some thought at least, alright? It's not a real ball without one of the most prolific social dancers out there." She teased, referring to his flirty ways. She didn't approve of that too much, but if it was what it took, she was willing to use it.

To him it sounded as if she had no faith in her own skills that she'd been learning through the years. Of course, that track record of hers gave more than enough reason to have that particular view and feeling. There was no reason to fault her for that kind of a perspective and trying to convince otherwise would mostly fall on deaf ears when some semebalance of a proof existed in the form of experience. 

"I didn't mean for myself, I meant you. I never need to dress to impress and I'm always a knockout. " A charming smile stretched across his face, it surely couldn't stretch enough for the confidence that he held, perhaps ego would be a more apt definition. "Momma didn't raise no guy who didn't have value in the way he kept himself up." Though she also didn't raise him to do a lot of things in these waning years of youthfulness. A shrug flowed from his shoulders slightly as if he accepted the weight of whatever conviction would fall from others. 

"Look great together? Don't tell her that, she'd redden faster than a Bourke's shirt lines." The thought did send a series of amused chuckles through his throat. Just to see that image in person, probably right before being slapped or punched in the arm for even allowing it to be said. His hands pressed into his pockets for a moment as he nodded towards Sam. "She'll need some help a bit. Something conservative but complimenting and all that. Get her pumping up that confidence." It wasn't hard to see when Meadow didn't hold much stock in her appearance. A hope set in that maybe if she'd seen her self in a dress that almost seemed like it was 'Made for Her' it'd do wonders for that viewpoint. 

His head tilted slightly at the thought and his eyes squinted running the idea through the ringer a few times. "Maybe. . . But it isn't like this would be the only dance in history to pop up. There will be others in the future, outside of school." With much more varied women to mingle with at that. The various forbidden fruits of the court as his mind often stitched it together as a way to spice up the intrigue. "Besides, next year my focus will have to change. Less women, more studying. Ah. . . The fun of the papyrus pages. . .!" The slight theatrical drama heightened through the shift in the tone of his voice. 

"What. . .?" Travis had been geniunely caught off guard by the offer. An eyebrow lifted up slowly almost cautiously as he stared at her. "You want to go suit shopping with me? Uhm, why?" Being suspicious hadn't been one of the fun emotional traits for him, it grated on the nervous and the mind more than one would care to admit. However, distance was the perfect form of defence when you had more than enough reason to keep yourself and others safe. "Would you rather stay and help Meadow? That could be a pretty long process, she might even fight a bit on even trying on a bunch of dresses." To think he'd miss seeing her 'walk the catwalk' of sorts in various designs. 

"See, now you're just trying to grease the ego. That's some cheap tactics there, Miss. Hammond!" A smile grew and his head shook with a false exaspparted sigh. "I'll give it some thought. Not really something I need but I suppose the right people could convince me to escort them." This year, regardless of what happened, didn't change his predicament in the slightest. Crazed criminals, constant Auror presences - these were all small time things in his mind. The immediate had always been the pain that would exist until the day dirt would be buried over him. 

"Just make sure you're the one having fun regardless of who shows up."

"Are you saying I'm not always a knockout?" Samantha joked a little in good humor, smile splayed across her lips. "Though, I was talking about myself too. Practice what you preach and all that. You know." She wished she could take things in half as good form as Travis did, but at that point she just resented it all too much.

"You know what I meant." She chuckled as well, shaking her head. "But to be fair, she'd be too shy to stand alongside anyone. Maybe you can nudge her a little bit out of that shell, hm?" Samantha would like to help in that, certainly, but she wasn't nearly as smooth as Travis was in the matter. She wasn't the person for a job and had no trouble admitting it. "I'll make sure she won't pick a dress ripped out of the Medieval era though, that much I can promise."

"Ah, studying..." The mood soured, even if just slightly. "I should probably get into that myself." She already studied every night, two hours at that! It wasn't enough. She was still making mistakes. She had to get better if she wanted to even hope to be able to conclude her education.

"Why not?" It felt like a perfectly normal thing to do. "I can just help both, can't I? Is there a problem?" She was honestly curious, wondering if she had stepped into a social landmine without noticing and preparing all the tools in the manual to disarm it.

"It is, isn't it?" She raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Is it working, though?" She looked like she was ready to double down on it if necessary. "I'm sure a dazzling chap such as yourself will have no problem finding a suitable date, regardless. It's just one day, anyway. What's life without a little fun?"

She wrinkled her nose at the prospect. "I don't think so. I need everyone to have fun. Isn't that the point?" She didn't think she could if she wasn't sure everyone else was. "If you don't go, I understand, I just want to be sure you don't end up regretting it. Better regret something you did than something you didn't do, so on and so forth."

"Always a knockout?" A hand rubbed at his goatee inquisitively as he started to examine Samantha from the top of her head and moved around her as if he were some fashionista trying to picture the perfect outfit on the model. Arms crossed and pressed against his chest and he gave a gentle vibrating hum playfully. "Oh, dahling, I think you're always knockout. You have the style." An awful accent had been laced through his words with a smile. The usual tone of his voice returned soon after. "So, what? You just have someone toss up a runway and start doing quick fashion shows? Sharp hip points left and right with that serious 'I'm the best model about' face?" One that could even be considered a 'Resting Bitch face' in theory. 

"See, you see Medieval era and I immediately think milkmaid. We can't let her go down like that in Tally dance history." His face shifted to a more serious expression, one steeped in a soft thought on what could be done to give the gentle swan a bit more of a push out of the shy mode. "I think I have several ideas that can be used to help snatch her interest even just slightly. I just need that spark and I'm in." He could always promise a night of 'Watch and stare' at the lovely people that walked the halls but getting her to see the enjoyment of dancing topped onto it might be a good way to make sure she enjoyed the night fully. 

Eyebrow raised in concern at the sudden shift of atmosphere that came from the young teen. "Woah, hey. It isn't that bad, honest." Both hands raised up as if to pay tribute in a surrender that wasn't necessary. "If you need help with it I can always spare that time. I don't do much anyways and I have this heavy sack of time that needs to be spent." Not an entire truth, there were some extracurricular activities that snatched away time quickly when it came along. But it had often been so sporadic that he could offer that kind of promise. 

"Uh. . ." Travis wasn't sure how to fully address it, part of it had been the fact he didn't fully trust many people. It was just that kind of world to him where everything, everyone needed to be at an arms length yet interacted with. "Nah, no problem. I just thought Meadow would need a lot more help. You know her reluctance to buy and put on a dress kind of deal." A quickly recovered response to try to insert a red herring. "Figured it might take longer than anticipated.

"I will not confirm nor deny if it is working! I will say you're definitely someone I'll need to be wary of with those kind of compliments coming out of you." He shook his head with a good-natured smile positioned on his face, he took no issues with her trying to butter him up. Even if she most likely didn't actually believe the words that were being spoken. "The fun wouldn't be showing up with the date, it's knowing you could leave with one. That's the very pinnacle of being smooth. Aaah, maybe one day I'll have that kind of style and skill.

He snorted, the way her nose wrinkled aided a cute appeal to her face. A finger tapped her nose gently as if to chastise her for it in jest. "It's all well and good to want others to have fun. Your own fun is important too and shouldn't hinge on others. Because just maybe your fun sparks other fun from others. Sometimes the self ends up causing the effect that you'd want to have." His smile dimmed slightly and he offered a dismissive wave. "Oh, trust, there is a lot more in the world for me to regret than these kinds of moments. But maybe I'll show."

Samantha's gaze followed Travis as he circled around her, visibly amused by their little antics. Once he stopped, she twirled around on the spot so to emphasize the point, as if showing off her choice of wear - for as eye-catching as a simple Bourke uniform could be, anyway. "Thank you, Mr. Franklin." She showed her honest gratitude to the pretentious fashion consultant before breaking into a light laugh.

The idea of a fashion show was one that came too literal to her, evidenced by her eyes widening slightly - it was an eureka moment to her. "Oh! We should totally do one of those sometime!" Just like that, she was way in over her head over something that wasn't exactly feasible. But it seemed fun, thus she couldn't care less about that little detail.

"How are you gonna trick her?" It wasn't necessarily malicious coming from Samantha, but she found it of the utmost importance to learn how to push Meadow's buttons better - she would have an easier time convincing the girl in partaking in various activities later on, after all. She always seemed to shy away from anything outside of her comfort zone, and the pair would have a hard time on their hands to convince her to go to the ball.

"Oh, that's alright... I don't mean to bother." It was a bit embarrassing to need that sort of help in a year everybody breezed through without issue. She's never heard of someone being held back in the fourth year. She was probably just doing something wrong. She would've been far more comfortable in requesting her family's help in such a thing, but unfortunately for her, they were in Melbourne - and the brainiac of the family was a Squib, no less. She was running out of options in that department.

Samantha visibly caught on to the hesitation. There was something Travis was hiding. She didn't know what. She hesitated as well, her gaze scanning him for hints and her lips pursing as she did so. However, was it really her place to figure it out if he didn't want to tell her? "She... She's always had a problem with that kind of attention anyway, I think." She ultimately took the bait. "I can relate to an extent, can't really hold it against her. We just have to remind her that those things can be done for herself, hm? She doesn't have to care about what others think."

"Well, I know I could leave with one or three." There were more tactics in her book. Buttering up was one of them; but so was goading. "I don't know if you could if you didn't go with one to begin. I'd like to see you prove me wrong." It completely contradicted what she had just said, but she looked too amused to take the line of thought seriously.

The little booping action on her nose made her giggle as she spoke despite the serious intent of her words. She eventually shook her head to get rid of the mirth momentarily. "Maybe I'm just a masochist in that regard, don't mind me."

There was a benefit to this little play which had been the chance to check out the form of his fellow house mate without there being ulterior motives behind it all. A memory that would be tucked away for the time being. "Look at you with a flair of a turn." He hadn't expected her to get so into the act but it  did add more to the scene he tried to paint with his own response. 

Eyebrow suddenly curved upwards towards the upbeat tick that took place. He'd only been joking about the use of a fashion show, it wasn't something that had been expected to be taken so seriously. "What. . .? I'm not the spinning and fashion type. Bright lights in the eyes, makes them flutter like crazy." The thought of it put the more animalistic nature inside on guard. As if someone had been waiting to catch sight of a creature hibernating and it needed to escape from the confinements. "You, however, would be turning heads left and right just to watch your finesse." He wasn't sure what gave that natural 'charm' but it had been there. 

His eyes closed and the tip of his finger tapped against the base of his chin several times in thought. "How to trick her. . . Well, I guess it's less of a 'trick' and more of a 'just grab her hand and tug along." That always seemed to work for him in most arenas. There had only been a few situations where that hadn't worked such as getting her to head out of Tally with him. "She's shy but isn't entirely against a little bit of adventure and fun." Not any of his more risqué ventures but he didn't expect her to be so easily corruptible in that manner. 

Travis' hand rose up and he waved dismissively. "It isn't a bother. Nothing wrong with seeking out help either. Pride is a hell of a way to end up doing worse than you expected or wanted." Pride is always that one trait in a person that damages a lot in its path to prove itself to itself. The idea of 'Pride cometh before a great fall' often rang in his mind for most of his heavy burdened issues. "Unless. . ." He gasps dramatically while his eyelids widened in a faux shock. "You don't like hanging around me?!

The responsive hesitation made his mind more alert, the gaze placed on him offered a sense of scrutiny that he often tried to avoid. Watchful gazes that sought to penetrate the deeper truth on the inside. But it quickly receded to a small caution as Sam continued on with speaking. Whether or not the wool had been pulled over her eyes had eluded him, unable to perceive such a deeper understanding. 

"Right! All she needs to see is that it's perfectly normal to want to do for herself. If it helps her to feel good then it can be considered a good thing." He pressed his hands onto his waist and nodded. "The first step to dressing up is usually to impress and wow yourself. Get into that place where you have no choice but to agree that 'Damn, you do look good." That was a difficult pinnacle for those with low self-esteem but once reached it could change the perception in a blink of an eye. "Personally, I think you're both nuts! Attractive young ladies with tons of personality and intelligence in them. That's like. . . A stacked deck by any equation.

A snort exhausted from his nostrils and a toothy grin formed. Much like a wolf ready to pounce on grandma. "Oho, A challenge now? You're just testing the waters to see which one would make me bite more aren't you?" It amused him, that she had been trying to get him to show up to the dance. "Alright, alright. I'll go - on the condition you owe me a slow dance." Whether she'd take that bite or not is what gave a bit of a thrill that charged through him. He didn't expect to 'Leave at the end of the night' with anyone considering the lack of space to do anything 'naughty'.  But dancing with as many eligible ladies was a second best and something easily obtainable and equally fun for various reasons. 

Most being the chance to spark a moment to get to understand others around him, even if he was a hypocrite in getting them to understand him as less as possible. 

"You? A Masochist? Didn't take you the sort to enjoy torturing yourself in that manner. Must mean a lot of fun since you keep putting yourself out there to try and make others smile a bit."

"If you don't participate, you can organize." Samantha was quick to dismiss the complaint. "Besides, at this point, I think you've talked to more girls than I have." She had most people beat in the male department by a long shot - unfortunately, this wasn't exactly entirely of her own volition, so it wasn't like she actually looked forward to exercising that network. Even if she would be most likely successful in the vast majority of the attempts. Travis' remark, however, seemed to bring down her spirits just a little. "Maybe I shouldn't participate either..." The last thing she needed was a horde of mindless zombie students drooling over something that was actually mostly out of her control.

"Mm. I could do that too I guess." Did Meadow know how to dance, she wondered. If she did, she could take the saying very literally and whisk her away for some dance floor fun - although she had the sneaking suspicion the Flinders would melt with her own embarrassment if such a thing occurred. "Let me know if you need any help."

"Well... I'll take it then." Samantha ended up concluding with a small smile. Travis was entirely correct. There was nothing wrong with asking for a little help when needed, it was in fact a show of strength. And having a sixth year help her would surely improve her performance, right? "Why, do you think you're the best company in the world?" She took the joke in stride and countered with one of her own, raising an eyebrow to emphasize it.

"It's not that black and white, Travis." She laughed as she responded, although it wasn't the most cheerful of chuckles. It wasn't arrogant for Samantha to say she was attractive - it came with the baggage of being a half-Veela, it was something she didn't even have much of a vote in. "On the one end, someone who's attractive might not even want that sort of attention because they realize that they are, indeed, attractive." She imparted her side of the spectrum first. "On the other hand, someone might not see themselves as such at all. It's... Complicated." She briefly wondered if Travis would make the association of who was who in those examples.

"What if I am?" She mused aloud, and then smiles mischievously as it worked. "A slow dance? Make it the first one of the night." It was a bullet she was willing to take to have Travis actually show up to the dance, and even then it felt more like a little harmless poke than a bullet. Despite Travis' flirtatious ways she was actually comfortable with him, all things considered.

"Yes, a masochist." She repeated. A little glint of mischief shone in her otherwise innocent eyes. "I'm talking to you, aren't I?" It seemed Keira was rubbing off on her a little. Though she was sure Travis would take it for the joke that it was. It was fine. "It's a bit of a drug to me. I can't help but want to keep doing it." She ultimately settled with honesty once the gag had run its course.

"This sounds like you're going on the track of 'Voluntold' express." Squinted eyelids with barely any of his shown pupil visible as he peered at Samantha questioningly. "Maybe out of a way to try and flatter them. But I'm not sure about trying to convince them to try and pull off a fashion show." That meant a lot of preparation work he just didn't have a care to make time for in order to pull it off. Even more so as the days dragged on his willingness to do much other than laying down in a ditch and waiting for the time to just come would grow stronger. "Why not? You'd be flaunting it on your own terms. That's always much more satisfactory, in my expert opinion. Sometimes you have to be a lion instead of the mouse." A firm nod flowed as if it could add any weight to his words. 

"Get her to a point where she tunes everything else around her out and she'll enjoy it, guaranteed." Those that often had an issue with others watching could find that form of comfort when their attentions could be focused elsewhere. "You'd probably be a better choice than me. Sometimes she'll fight be tooth and nail about thing." He attributed it to the fact that he was a Werewolf, there wasn't much blame there in that regard. Probably would be wary of himself if he were in her shoes too. "Usually easier when you can relate to a person."

A grin shaped on his lips. "Good! Because I probably would have forced my help on you anyways. Being stubborn in those instances never goes well for anyone." Both of his hands balled into a fist and he positioned the base of the knuckles against his waist in a superhero pose. Chest huffed out in perfect form. "I think I'm some pretty amazing company! But not everyone appreciates the good things in life. Can't force everything nice in someone's hands.

He shrugged gently at the two comparisons. "Most things are mind over matter. That's all self perception is, unless there is a reason legitimately out of your control that makes up that sudden change." Some people did have heritages were the pull had been practically automatic. Of course, there often had to be an already existing attraction to aggravate for many people. After all, the difference between being a monster and thinking you're a monster could be vastly different and literal in certain cases. "Doesn't make it easier by any means, but it's not an excuse to not try and beat it." He gave a confident wink towards her. 

"Careful there, Sammy Bear. Some folks might actually think you're actively flirting there!" Not that he'd ever accuse her of such an act towards himself. An eyebrow perked up slightly. "What? You're actually going to agree to it? Huh, that's unexpected." She either really wanted him to go or really enjoyed the sensation of 'winning' with such a deal that wasn't entirely intrusive. "Fine, fine. You get first dance. If it actually means that much to you that I show up.

Travis snorted a laughter and gave a gentle nod. "Touché, quite the jab. So, what you're really saying is that you're extremely happy talking to me." A bit of a turn about of translation. A mischievous grin of his own formed knowingly. "I guess there is that one addiction for every person. Even those with that innocent doe eyes."

"Because I don't really want to deal with what comes with that if I can help it." Sometimes, Samantha wished she could just hide under a rock for a month. Or not be half-Veela. Whichever one felt to be more plausible at the time. The other girls could surely use the ego boost though, and she would be happy to help them in that regard. They'd just have to pardon her reluctance to join them fully.

"Me?" Outside of her charm, what did she have on Travis that she didn't realize? She was visibly confused with that remark. When it came to Meadow, surely he could more easily hold a conversation with her, as well as her full attention. "I can try, at least... No harm in that." Samantha nodded to herself. The problem wouldn't be her own performance anyway - it would be dealing with the fact that their friend was definitely not a champion for 'nerves of steel'. "There are a bunch of dances anyway, right? I can't stand by her side all night, you'll have to help me." She would if she was asked, of course, but it would smash her heart to bits if she didn't get at least one dance with Tyson.

"I think being good company is detrimental to a studying environment." She ended up chuckling as she talked. Regardless, she hoped he'd help her catch on to the little nuances in learning in general, at least a little bit. "But a good mood is also beneficial for making you want to learn to begin with, hm? Whatever should I do, risk your company or be on my own...?" She pretended to think on the matter by crossing an arm, cupping her own chin with her free hand, and looking away as if deep in thought.

As far as she could tell, Travis hadn't fully understood what she was trying to say, or at least completely aware of Meadow's issues. She decided to let it go. "It's not an overnight change. And if the person isn't all too brave to begin with, well..." She trailed off. They had quite the fight on their hands. Little pushes would do the trick, but they would succeed one way or another, she was certain of it. "...First comes the dress. And your suit, don't think I forgot. Then... We'll see."

The thought of flirting with someone made her giggle. "Maybe I should sometime. It's interesting to mess with the rumor mill every now and then." Were people up in arms about her date to the dance? She wasn't aware if her QuillBook page was being assaulted by her 'flock' over it, but that would prove to be simultaneously annoying and hilarious. At least she wasn't surprised at Travis' incredulity at her acceptance of the little deal. "Of course it does. You're my friend. I want to see you have fun, and I'm gonna be a part of that fun too."

Taking the joke one notch further, she decided to cling to Travis' arm somewhat loosely, swinging it lightly from side to side. "Oh, yes. I should just perform that glue spell again, you know? Be forever stuck to the pain. Sounds delicious."

"Fair enough, some situations can be avoided and are the kind of things you'd never want to get caught in. No matter if it's under your control or not." Not that he knew too much of having things 'Under control', but he could empathize with a 'natural talent' just out of ones hands that it couldn't be contained. The ramifications that could potentially follow in a flood made the risks of most things not worth it. 

"Mhm, You." Meadow was his best friend but even then he felt as if part of her kept him away because of his condition. Eyes narrowed at the thought of it as he chewed at his lower lip in thought, maybe it had been a mistake to put her in that kind of position of knowledge? His head shook lightly to adjust his attention back towards Samantha. "You know, being another girl it might actually put her more at ease. Kind of like a subconscious awareness kind of situation." That seemed like a much more viable excuse than what he'd considered as the truth. "Haha, Of course. Though I don't thinks he'd really want me at her side all night. If someone thinks we're together it might cramp the style of someone asking her!

Not that he thought anyone would actually think the two were 'official' in that form of way. "Oh, I see, you're saying I put you in a good mood! Then I'm always doing my job, Sammy." A coy wink shifted towards her while a grin shifted on his face and he lightly nudged into the small girl, making a note not to even use a fraction of his true strength behind it. "You're definitely the dangerous sort with all that sweet and smooth talk you're slinging.

It seemed as if they'd be at an impasse when it came to whether a person should just stand in the feeling or choose to start working their way out of it. He'd always been a sort of progression and production, moving forward and trying to be a 'better person'. But perhaps he had more reason than those that he had hung around, stuck in a situation where others couldn't see that reasoning. On the larger scope, it could also have been the reason he couldn't find their own reasoning on why it made sense to them. "Suit? Oh, right.  You're still adamant on going with me, that's pretty gutsy. Oh my, the rumors that would spring from it!

"Part of my fun, huh? Be careful there, Sammy Bear, you may end up leaving with me at the end of the night." He stated in jest. Travis could admit that there had to have been some form of internal enjoyment to messing with the 'rumor mill' of sorts. Whatever the gossip had been around town. "But I think my definition of fun and your definition might be wildly different you know." The true irony had been flirting wasn't so much 'fun' as much as it had been an escape, drawing too in its own way had been more of an escape than an actual hobby designed for the fun of it. 

A low purr vibrated from his throat. "Well then, pussycat. Hope you're ready for that kind of a rough ride because I'd milk it for as long as that glue held."

"I can see that..." Even if Samantha could tell that wasn't the whole truth, Travis had a point. Despite being unable to entirely relate to it she could see how someone like Meadow could process things that way. Hopefully it would give them the edge they needed to break her out of that shell. "Maybe I'll steal her away now that I know you aren't." Samantha joked with a not-so-innocent smile, though having the very same plan that he did.

She let go of her own chin once nudged. "Smooth talking? That would be over your own influence, I think." She raised an eyebrow in a false accusatory manner. "What do you have to say for yourself, Mr. Franklin? Subliminally teaching impressionable, young, innocent girls like that? You should be ashamed of yourself." Despite her speech, she couldn't help but smile. "Then again, I guess that proves you're a good teacher. Maybe I should take you up on the offer after all."

Samantha nodded. Indeed, she was quite adamant about it. "You'll be the talk of the ball under my counseling. Just watch and learn." She had always been told she had excellent taste in clothing and design and general. She would certainly employ it for those two!

Not being able to hold it in anymore, Samantha burst out laughing at their antics as Travis pushed the envelope further than she had. She clamped her mouth shut with her free hand so not to alert others, while clinging for her life to Travis' arm so not to knock herself over. "Oh... Oh god! That was too good... Hahahaha!" Her sides were starting to ache, but it was well worth it.

"Thievery on top of your criminal charges? You're racking up quite the rap sheet there." A slight angle of his head sharpened the gaze he sent towards Samantha in a playful fashion. As if he were appraising a hardened criminal that had been in the act of building up a 'resume' of sorts. "Stealing, Meadow-napping, enforcement of illegal clothing conducts in the formal manner." At this point his fingers were extended out towards the air as he counted each supposed crime. "Oh, right, and advertisement of a Dance!" He grinned lightly at the poorly designed accusations. 

Then a faux offensive expression morphed from his features. "My influence?! There is no form of proof to link innocent ol' me to such a thing. Your information must be wrong." He rose a hand up and waved it dismissively, fake news style. "Aha, might want to be careful on the kinds of things you attach to me when it involves 'being a good teacher at it.' That could have some pretty bad connotations there." Like leading an innocent girl to something truly not-innocent that soared beyond playful flirtations. Not that he had agreed to take credit for hers. "I won't shove it down your throat. I know when my help isn't wanted! I guess I can help some other innocent bean!" Soft laughter escaped from him. 

Travis snorted lightly. "Lucky me, I do all the effort to not be the talk of any ball and we have you over here trying to be 'Next top Model' status." His head shook lightly amused at the entire ordeal. "I guess I can humor you for a bit in that department." If she wouldn't back down there wouldn't be much he could do about it. Ditching her wasn't really in himself to do, seeing what kind of outfit she'd throw together couldn't hurt. More ideas to play around with if he looked at it as a positive. 

"So, what I'm gathering is. . . I win? Excellent!" He offered a sly wink towards her with a trademark roguish smile that stretched. "But see, now you're going to have people spinning up some crazy rumors around the school. 'Hammond stuck to a US 100 Dollar.'"

"You know what they say. Go big or go home!" Samantha grinned as she spoke, proud of her nefarious actions. She couldn't help but laugh as Travis listed her offenses out loud, in particular at the mention of 'Meadow-napping'. "Meadow-napping? I'm offended. She didn't say no, and I'm just borrowing her for a little while." She spoke with a little singsong tone to her voice at the end of the phrase. "I'm just a young, innocent maiden looking for a fun night. It's not my fault that I live under your tyranny, Mr. Franklin. Perhaps you'd be more willing if I managed to persuade you to join in this little adventure of ours. Maybe you're not 'cramping my style' at all." It didn't escape her that she had inadvertently accurately described herself, but kept on playing the part to extend the enjoyment of the joke. It did escape her, however, how out of context it could be taken.

"Innocent bean? That's a new one." She couldn't hold a chuckle back at that one. "You're anything but, that much I can tell." She didn't mean it in a derogatory way, but it was blatantly obvious there was a chasm in between each's level of comfort even thinking of anything past a certain line, let alone alluding to it out loud. "Could it be my deliberately crafted good girl image will be shattered by learning anything from the likes of you...?" She trailed off despite the smile on her face at the continued joke. "Mr. Franklin, you're a very dangerous man."

With the 'next top model' comment, Travis earned a wink - though the laugh that followed made it abundantly clear she wasn't flirting in any way. "Why, thank you. Your sacrifice won't be forgotten." She still found it rather curious that he first resisted the idea but she let it be. It was probably over something personal and it wasn't her place to inquire.

"Yes, yes, you win." She eventually managed to say after the laughter died down. She straightened herself up and let go of his arm after muttering an apology, trying to even out her breath back to normal once more. Her left hand was planted on her right side as she panted slightly from the dull pain that the excessive laughter had caused. "They'll just have to eat their heart out, that's excellent company."

"Much better than 'You're big, take me home.'" It wouldn't have been his first time hearing that kind of a line or at least similar, though it had also been in a venue where people were more drunk than a fish. He quickly snorted as a means to reinforce the faux offense on his end. "Meadow-napping! Hey, hey, that isn't fair. She hardly knows the word no when it comes to her friends!" His grin became more defined, of course, that was more of a lie than he'd like to admit. He had heard 'no' in a few cases here and there. "Young and Maiden I'll give you, but innocent? Fifty Shades of Grey is far more innocent." Or maybe it wasn't, but she was definitely as dubious as it could get with schemes and playfulness. "Not cramping your style, eh? Why, Madam Hammond, are you asking me out on a date? I'm flattered... But I could never go a trio-date. Too many to please at once." He'd played and preyed on the fact that it all could be taken out of context, to a whole new level. Who would have known? Samantha had that form of style of her own.

"Oh, I'm good for all kinds of new experiences. Once you're trapped in my web you'll find it's all a spiral of fun." And maybe decadence, depending on how far 'Alice' truly jumped down in the rabbits hole. "You can't prove it. That's slander~, I practically walk with a halo. So what if it's just a tad bit crooked." He chuckled afterwards in the most obviously devious way afterwards. "Implying that it isn't already shattered. The moment you started talking to me, you caught seven years of bad luck." That mirror of 'good girl' would break if she opted to hang with someone like himself. A hum resonated from him and a hand started to rub along the goatee. "Now all I need is a tricked out lab, a couple of gadgets, and I'd be the perfect dangerous man." Maybe just a wand, that worked much better. 

Regardless of the intent he hadn't expected the wink in general. It was enough to tickle him into a low laughter. "Oh, don't you know? I'm pretty unforgettable. One way or another I'll be remembered! Hopefully not as the one who made a woman well up tears because he said 'No', Hah." That wasn't the good kind of reputation to have in any kind of capacity. The fact they were in the game room too meant more would be able to see potential crocodile tears if he continued to deny the assistance. The less people that focused on him the better in his opinion. 

Travis' hand waved dismissively towards the apology, it didn't need to be stated to him. "That sounds pretty bloody, I don't think anyone should go eating out hearts. But we can give them chocolate hearts to make it less gruesome."

"Or maybe she really, really likes not saying no to me." Samantha suggested, trying to get the advantage in the little joke. "You're so afraid of spending time with us, maybe you're playing wing man. Yes, that's it!" If that were the truth it would have been really awkward. Knowing it not to be the case, she just chuckled. "Commendable of you to seek out people for your best friend. But if I'm not as innocent as you say I am, do you want me to corrupt her too, then? I thought that was your job. Not enough of you to go around?"

An eyebrow raised and she crossed her arms in an inquisitorial manner. "Halo? Who'd you steal it from? Is that where mine went?" She recalled his implication of a lack of innocence not too long before. "Stealing things from girls to lure them to come to you... Is that your true method? I'm disappointed."

"Oh? What would you like me to remember you by? Other than this noble sacrifice of yours." She had an idea of what, but curiosity overrode common sense.

"That'll have to wait until Valentine's Day." Ironically, for as much of a romantic as she could be, it was a day that she had grown to dread every year of her existence. Maybe she should just pick a victim, pose as taken and duck every little box of chocolates thrown her way. "But you know what I mean."

A hum resonated and his hand rubbed against the center of his chin. "Maybe I am? Such a cute couple, I'm sure you'd make - A LOT - of people pretty jealous. Imagine, the two not innocent people in the school who trick others into THINKING they're innocent? The madness!" He gave a casual shrug, letting it stay obscure whether or not it had been a joke or the actual intention. Whatever she chose to think "Alas, Meadow is much more corrupted than you may think. For all you know, she's the one who corrupted me. That is the true twist of fates, I'm merely sending you to the master of the art." Not really a truth on some level but he'd long given up the mental façade that Meadow had been any form of 'Innocent', no, the young teen had a cheeky streak to her. 

He snorted and an impish grin shaped. "Your halo? When I found you, you were already wearing pointy horns, dear. There's no way it could possibly be yours!" A chuckle followed after her call of being disappointed. "I never steal, they always give willingly. It's the natural charms and the extremely understanding attitude. The man that sits, listens, and accepts? That's a hitter in any arena that properly see's that worth!

Travis shook his head with a laughing fit. "Mmm... What to remember me by? Why, Samster. . . I never kiss and tell. But if you really want to know. Well then. . ." Eyes narrowed in a sly manner as they settled onto Samantha's eyes. "You'd need to find out through some nosy investigation. Makes it much more fun that way." And really, he hadn't expected her to take up that kind of challenge anyways. It made it seemingly safe in his eyes. 

"V-Day must be a mob for you. But you're right, during this coming year the real choice would be a chocolate mistletoe. Get a sweet kiss, literally." That would be a hilarious chain of events seeing people trying to implement. Especially during the dance, those kinds of things always seemed much more romantic than he'd allow himself to even approach. "Maybe I do. I like to keep up the guess work, if I keep others on their toes it makes me seem kind of mysterious. Like a guy that walks around in a trench coat and a beanie. Well, maybe not the beanie."

"More corrupted? To be perfectly honest with you, I think she'd have our heads removed for ever having this conversation." Just the insinuation that Meadow was liking anyone at a given time made the girl a furiously blushing mess, usually; let alone what the implication of her actually being with a girl whom she had liked in the past would actually do to her. "But if she really is the master, I most definitely respect her social puppetry. She's playing us like a fiddle, isn't she?"

"Shhh." She raised a finger to her lips as Travis spoke of horns on her head. She looked around inconspicuously before leaning in and lowering her tone. "Don't tell anyone about those! It's hard to make my hair cover them in the morning, you know." The wide smile as she spoke was the one thing that broke character.

"Samster? Really?" She couldn't help but chuckle - she had a million nicknames, certainly, but that was one Keira would use specifically. Being reminded of her oldest sister gave her a warm, fuzzy feeling in her heart. "What sort of 'nosy investigation', exactly? Am I walking into a trap?"

While she didn't particularly like the descriptor Travis used regarding the holiday, she wound up nodding in agreement. Last time she needed a magical trunk to hold all the chocolates and notes sent her way - and not that she'd admit it, but she just gave the sweets to the rest of her family so they could have some fun themselves. "I'm sure it's not a walk in the park for you either, Mr. Heartbreaker." She could see him being one of the popular affection recipients in the school very easily. "Though I'm not sure if you actually dislike the attention either."

Travis snickered at the thought of it, she probably would be appalled that such a conversation had even been taking place in general. "It's totally because she doesn't want us knowing her secret! Clearly." His smile grew at the singular idea of teasing Meadow about some hidden corruption with her. A firm nod flowed as if it to confirm the conclusion that Samantha had arrived at. "She practically wrote the play on puppetry. I bet she even has the strings tucked under all the books she carries around. It's a pretty slick place to have it in, no one would ever expect the studious good kid to be a puppet master." Even as the joke had been aimed at the thought of Meadow, the gaze that settled on Sam seemed to imply the same thing towards her. 

"Oh? Are you sure?" He rose his hand up to gently course through her hair as if he'd been searching gingerly for a pair of horns that may have been hidden amongst the strands. A gasp of mock surprise followed soon after, like a revelation. "This must be some high level wizardry. . .! I can't even feel them!

A shrug formed from his shoulders. "Well, I could always go with Sammy Bear. But I would expect you to walk around dressed up like a massive teddy bear." Then a laugh formed, one that had been intended to embellish on the mystery of being investigated. Smirking while his arms crossed to add the effect of it being a challenge to do such an act. "Trap or no? Who knows. You'll only find out if you really have such guts to investigate the unknown. Alas. . . That's a journey only those truly hardened can make. Even a hidden horned individual like yourself couldn't do such a thing.

"What? Me? I have no idea what you're talking about my dear, Sammy. I'm not at all noticeable in the slightest. Just an average joe who stays in the background." Whether he actually believed that kind of a party line he hadn't let on with any physical signs. However, he knew he wasn't fully ignored, there had always been the few ladies that would leave some form of card here and there. Nothing that he could find himself committing towards. "Hey, I can't dislike what I don't have. I'm sure it's probably just an exaggeration, right? Hehe."

Samantha's eyebrow raised ever so slightly at the implication, although it seemed to amuse her a bit. "You never know who's truly pulling the strings, now, do you? The sweetest people might be the ones who have you in the palm of their hand." She played along with it, although she did briefly wonder if anyone legitimately saw her like that in Tallygarunga. It wouldn't be too out of reach a thing to consider - in this world, for every fan, there was always a detractor.

"Of course you can't! It's why it's a secret." She didn't seem to mind having Travis touch her hair much at all. Once he was done, she nodded so to emphasize her assertion. She thought of mentioning having a devil's tail as well, but half expecting where the teenager's hands would go to check afterwards, she opted to hold the joke back.

"It's okay, really. It just reminded me of someone." She really didn't mind any nickname, so long as it wasn't crass or offensive. Amber seemed to have no problem coming up with perfectly okay nicknames every time they met (it was in the hundreds at that point) so she doubted many would do such a thing on accident.

"Gotta risk it to get the prize, right? Please, let me know what I'll remember you by." She fully expected some sort of perverse comment or flirtation, which she could deal with easily. She was really hoping it wasn't a physical pass at her.

"Oh, please. You don't give yourself enough credit." The fourth year shrugged off the mildly self-deprecating speech. "You'd be surprised with the sort of attention you can get." And that was her, of all people, saying it. At that point, she should definitely know a thing or two about that whole realm.