VMU Students Guest

Another evening to relax as his classes weren't on the schedule today. This left Cole with the fun of choosing what he'd wanted to do for the day and what better way to spend a day of relaxation than hanging out at home for a bit of rest? While part of him wanted to head out and see what the others had been up to, he opted that they probably were busy anyways. It was probably a better call to stay home so that he wouldn't tire himself out too much either with Exam's right on his horizon, he'd been more than caught up with the material and even got in a few practiced sessions with the current exam focus, Charms. It felt like child's play with him as he took to that particular school of magic easily. 

But getting complacent is often how a person messed up and that was a risk he couldn't afford getting this far in his student career. He grabbed hold of his phone to check for any missed calls or messages. It didn't seem anyone contacted him and no sudden gigs that popped up that needed someone underground to perform, which meant true freedom to sit back. Cole made his way towards the living room and sat down, mostly in just a T-Shirt and briefs. The remote wielded loosely in his hand as he flicked through the channels. "Nothing good on. . . Figures! The one time I have a day off." A sigh exhausted from him as he tossed the control onto an empty cushion on the couch. An old show had been on the tube, 'Hercules: The Legendary Journey's.'. At least it had some action and pretty hilarious moments. 

Eyes drifted towards the short collection of movies that stacked nearby as the thought pressed into his mind to put it in. But did he really feel like getting up after feeling semi-comfortable?

Melbourne ☆ Cartoonist | Professional Drummer | Child CaretakerKirupachi
21 year old Squib Human ☆ She/Her

"God damn it, Jamie, you asshole."

Such was the annoyed comment that echoed throughout the respective boy's apartment as soon as one Alex Lin found a note directed at herself, the sticker glued to the door of the fridge. It read 'Impromptu training at the Outback - didn't have time to make food'. This usually proved deadly for the girl - she only knew how to ignite nuclear bombs in stomachs, and she didn't particularly feel like having to spend the next week or so stuck in bed due to severe food poisoning. She couldn't say she was much of a fan of eating alone either.

Grabbing her keys, she left and decided she'd bring a surprise to a good friend instead - it would make her look like less of a trash mate, too. Two birds with one stone. Swinging by an Italian restaurant, she ordered two individual doses of lasagna - along with the choice of sodas and beer, of course- and rushed over to her cousin's apartment while it was all still piping hot. She was lucky enough to encounter someone leaving downstairs as she reached the entrance, thus not having to ring the doorbell. Quickly jogging upstairs to the correct door, she rang the doorbell once and then lightly knocked on the door with her knuckles.

"Room delivery service! Open up!" She spoke loudly towards the door, and couldn't help but smile at her own joke. She hoped Cole was home, at least, and she didn't go and waste her money for no reason. Then again, she could always just sit there and eat her portion...

VMU Students Guest

Surprisingly, the show wasn't too bad - it needed a bit of a reboot maybe with some iconic figures to really fill the roles out again. Maybe even have the monsters look less like they came from a Sesame Street chop-shop. But old school humor with high-end action always was a better option for him when nothing else seemed to fit his fancy. Just as he was about to fling his legs up to fully stretch out on the couch the subtle knock caught his attention but the voice that loudly followed was a surprise. "Bwaha!? Alex?!" Suddenly, he tipped over and rolled on the floor with a thump. "Ngh… O-One moment!" Hands pressed against the floor as he lifted himself up and started to head towards the door then stopped mid way. 

A breeze pressed through against his legs and a gaze lowered. "Crap. . .! Uh, longer than a slight moment!" His wand had been too far away to make use of it, instead he'd use a finger as traced it through the air to charm his pants to walk over towards him. Watching Fantasia back when he was younger paid off in some instances and this had been one of them. After disabling the charm he'd slide them onto his legs with a skip and hop while he walked towards the door. One hand on the door as he opened it up while the other sipped up his pants simultaneously. 

Smile brandished wide as his eyes caught sight of Alex standing there. "Room service? You're about five hours late. I should withhold the payment just for that." An unexpected visit but he wasn't about to complain. This would be one of the few people in world he'd always accept an unannounced visit from, while also being the person to be at the top of the list. 

Cole stepped to the side and widened the door open so that she could enter unhindered. "What brings you around here? Other than to eat - food that you didn't cook, right. . .?" He had the utmost faith in the talents she did have, the skills and what she worked hard on were phenomenal and enjoyable to the senses. Except cooking, that was something that not even his feelings could fool him into accepting easily. "Or were you worried about your favorite cousin spending all his time alone with only frozen goods in the fridge?"

The woman lightly leaned upon the door frame as she waited for Cole to answer the door. "No, it's the boogeyman!" She replied, and silently winced as she heard a thud from beyond the entry barrier. It seemed she caught him by surprise on a whole new level - this was totally okay for her, it made the situation funny if anything else.

As the door opened, she raised an eyebrow at the 'demands' presented to her. "Don't push it, boy, or else I'll take this fantastic lasagna elsewhere." A wink later, she walked past him, headed straight to the kitchen area without pause. She set both bags down on the counter surface - the drinks bag, and the meals one proper - and proceeded to remove the beers and sodas from the plastic.

"I need a reason now? I'm offended." She joked, despite her straight face as she handled all the products she purchased. "Maybe I just want to spend some time together with my favorite baby cousin. If that's okay, that is."

But then again, the truth would come out later, right?

"AndJamieleftfortrainingsoIwantedcompany." She spoke quickly, and proceeded to hum an unintelligible song while seeking out some plates and silverware for their dinner. Clearing her throat, she glanced at him briefly. "You got any B-movies laying around?"

VMU Students Guest

The moment she winked his brunette hair started to shift to a coloration of with a pinkish red. It seemed like every time the woman could get to his emotions, dissolving the effort of training that he'd put into shoring up control. His hand weaved through the newly reddish locks and bashfully sighed. "Fantastic lasagna? Where did you buy it from? He had hoped the words that would leave her mouth didn't involve 'I cooked it' unless it had been followed up with 'I've been practicing'. This wasn't the day to have a helping of mystery food X. 

"You never need a reason to pop in. His eyes narrowed for a moment as a thought crossed his mind. 'I wish you'd pop in more often. . .'  A quick shake of his head flowed as if he tried to shake off the thought itself. The hue of his head grew darker from it, try as he might they were things that he couldn't help from flowing in side of his skull. Almost expecting as if she could hear his actual thoughts he tried to come up with vocal words to drown it out."You would think I'd be used to sudden appearances. Of course, most times I'm not falling off the couch from them.

Cole's hand rubbed the lower portion of his back, stinging warmth radiated along it from left to right from the impact. Eventually it would pass over. "Aha! I knew it." He grinned accusingly. Secretly glad that it seemed to work out in his own favor. "B for Bad, let's see. . ." He rubbed at his chin in thought though grew slight distracted as he turned his gaze towards Alex. It wasn't too much of a crime to admire her form was it?

'Of course it's bad. . . Probably not the thoughts I should be having when I am alone with her.' He tried to focus himself once more on the option of movies that could be distracting unless he managed to pick one that would just make it worse."I know someone from one of my classes handed me some kind of horror-like movie called Zombie Strippers. I haven't watched it but he seems to swear by it." Making his way towards the small collection of his own personal DVD's he'd inspect them. "I did pick up Starship Troopers 2, I heard it's uncontestably horrible. Always good to have with dinner."

The Squib was, of course, utterly oblivious as to the reason why her cousin's hair color had changed - she had seen him with that specific color so many times she just assumed he liked it that way, and it didn't bother her in the least. In addition to that, she had no clue of his gaze dancing along her frame. She was all too busy serving his favorite dish, after all!

"Mm? Why should I tell you? This way I can trick you into having dinner with me more often." She joked as she put two plates down on the counter, and fetched the silverware that would accompany them. Of course, the bag broadly advertised the restaurant - and as she retrieved both doses from it, the wonderful scent of freshly made lasagna filled her nostrils. She would be lying if she said she wasn't salivating at the thought of ingesting the whole meal at once.

"Beer, soda or lameness?" Alex asked after placing the meals on each plate, and then retrieving two glasses. For herself, she carefully opened one of the blue raspberry soda bottles and poured half of the liquid in. It was an odd flavor, but she loved it.

It was a good thing this wasn't her first time having dinner at that apartment (or second, or third, or tenth for that matter) as she already knew where the trays were. She placed the food and drink properly on the first one, her own, and took it to where they'd be eating. Once setting it down, she went back to the kitchen area.

"Why not both? I got time to kill." After pouring whatever drink he requested, she did the same with his tray, setting it down next to hers. "There, I did all the hard work. What a gentleman." She proceeded to remove her jacket and let it hang from a nearby hook on the wall, and proceeded to plop down on the couch in front of the TV. She then removed her boots, carelessly tossing aside while stretching out her legs and feet afterwards.

"Most people in our little group are graduating next month, yeah?" She decided to strike up a conversation while the movie wasn't yet underway. "I was thinking --shocking, I know--, what if we ask Miss Robbins to make some sort of Christmas-slash-Graduation day? Spices things up a little at least, I feel like I've been stuck in a routine for too god damn long."

VMU Students Guest

Was it a blessing or a curse? At times his own innate talent gave way to visible emotions. Yet, all of the times it has ousted him it never once had clicked for the woman to see his particular brand of affection. To not be noticed in that manner often made him seem part of him had been invisible. In that same token, however, it was a blessing to not be called out and have it lead up to a humiliating rejection. Something he expected it would be in many cases over the years. 

"You need to trick me to have dinner with me? I'm touched, really." He offered as a quick wit back towards her with a smile that glowered. "But does it really count as tricking to have dinner with someone if they actually have no problem having dinner with you?" A grin took shape on his face as he went through the pace of turning on the DVD player, a sleek movement of his hand coursed along the blackened case to clear off the dust on it. "I'll take a beer, I think I deserve it for all these exams that are piled up this week." A gaze shifted to look towards Alex as she poured the soda into the glass. "And clearly because I'm the only daring one!" A small tease at her choice of beverage. 

The tip of his finger pressed against the ejection button to the machine. "Both? Well, at Theater Lin we aim to please our viewers." A theatrical bow had been given as he opened up the case to the Zombie Strippers movie and placed it into the tray then pushed it inwards. It immediately began to roll the CD and begin to turn on to prepare for the choice of film. "Oh, didn't you know? At Theater Lin we largely believe in the 'DOIY' method in certain instances.

Cole made his way towards her and sat down next to her. Maybe a movie about killer Strippers wasn't the best decision towards considering the person next to him and his imaginative mind? The thoughts were stripped away before he could even entertain them from the conversation that struck up. 

"All that hard work and you're going to be putting on those dazzling caps and going into the world." At least that's what he'd hoped for her. He wanted better things for her than the feeling of only dedication had been to family. "Thinking? That's dangerous for a hell raiser you know. It only breeds intricately dangerous ideas." A snicker emitted from him but only briefly as a nod followed soon after. "That sounds like it could be pretty good. Get all you graduated nerds acknowledged and a proper send off and celebration. So, why tell me? Plan to ask me as your date?" The final part had been meant as a joke but he wasn't sure if it actually came out that way. 

"Oi. Shaddap." Alex made a face as Cole teased her about not drinking alcohol. "I have an exam first thing in the morning tomorrow. Y'know me, one beer leads to another, and I'm not really into precision drawing while hungover." It wasn't just an exam - it was a final one. She was in the last exam season of her life, and she wasn't quite sure how to feel about it. It was going to be weird to leave a schooling setting permanently, but on the other hand, she'd have a lot of free time on her hands.

"Please? I don't think I'll get off on people stabbing and eating amid lap dances. Then again, there's people for everything." She joked as she reached forward, retrieving the tray from the coffee table and setting it down on her lap. It wasn't her favorite dish but she'd be lying if she said the combination of the delectable sight and hypnotizing scent didn't make her salivate.

Her elbow moved to collide with his lightly as a response to the mild tease, a halfhearted way to get back at him. "We could go, if you want." She didn't honestly give it much thought - it was either him or Jamie, and the latter needed to actually go out with someone. Instead, she wondered if she should play cupid for her twin, or if he'd have the cajones to ask someone out - PR contract be damned.

"Well. I'm not gonna ask Shane because he's the most disastrous person I know. Not gonna ask Jamie because I'm pretty sure there's a stick up his ass over all of us graduating and him not being in college." The darker side to having a soulmate - she knew everything about him, even the worst things, without him having to say it. "I... don't really have a reason why I didn't ask Toriya or Ana, really, but you're my best friend so you're above them by default. Congrats."

Grabbing the silverware, she proceeded to gather a small portion of the lasagna on her fork. "You're still not helping though. What kind of celebration should we make? I was thinking of suggesting something like... Hm... More formal? Yeah, more formal. Well, not like super duper formal, but... Casual formal? Is that a thing?" Noticing she was rambling, she sighed and shook her head. Maybe she needed Cole to explain her own line of thinking to her. That happened sometimes.

"Well, whatever. I need to get myself a dress. I skipped my prom so I don't have any. Can you teleport me to Narrie sometime? Mom's addicted to that sort of fancy schmancy shit, she could help me find something nice." And with that, she finally took a bite out of the divine dish. She really needed to eat out more... If only her wallet permitted.

VMU Students Guest

"Hahahaha, Hey it's not often I get my snipe chances. I have to take them when I get them." He'd found, at least for himself, that typically Alex held and led the charge to the Alcohol counter. It tended to be the rallying charge that others should join in for the fun. Exams were much more important and he wouldn't put her in a place to flub them, it was much to important to her and by extension himself. "You're going to slam the exam. If you want I'll even sneak in your pocket as good luck or maybe hide in a corner you can see or something." Another soft joke and one he didn't think she would agree to anyways, he'd probably be much more of distraction than help.

The thought of Alex 'getting-off' sent a surge of reddish-pink through his hair with an addition of a soft bashful laughter. "Well, it isn't like I know all the way that get you off." Unfortunately, he didn't hear his own words too clearly enough in his mind or vocally to catch on to them enough to try and switch or halt them. Slight previous shyness had made it knock out that common sensual awareness for that moment. 

A playful ouch beckoned from him after the nudge and then he proceeded to grab his own tray of Lasagna. "What. . . Really?" She'd been willing to go as his date? Or would it be more apt to say he'd be going as her date since she was the guest of honor to be featured. His heart felt as if it thumbed with a strong awareness that it hadn't been a dream, that a pinch wasn't necessary. The very presence of his cheeks even felt heated without him even needing to press his hands right against the surface of them. 

However, as she went on his cheeks begun to decrease in that heat slightly and his hair started to slowly shift from the brightened coloration towards the more normal and natural brown. "So, reaaaally. . . I'm just the barely third consideration." That hurt in its own special way but he tried to play it off by eating, the fork pierced through the lasagna and then the edge had been lowered to split a piece from the main body. Swiftly a decent enough chunk pushed passed his lips as he chewed, at least he had some of this lasagna to playoff the usual emotions to some degree. 

At least he had been considered, a lingered though proclaimed. 

"Casual Formal should be good. Dresses and button up-shirts without the overly stuffy coats." Admittedly he found it quite cute that she rambled on. Often he would let her do so if she didn't catch herself in time, just to see the passion in the way she spoke and planned. "How about cas-formal for us not graduation nerds and the most spectacular style for you graduating weirdos. We have to make you all pop out more and all. The most noticed in the room." Of course, Alex had always been noticeable to him and from what he'd seen in the past at bars, others. A beauty that attracted many kinds that would try to flirt. 

"Sure, that's easy enough! Hey, she's going to be proud of you and your hard work." His should lightly bumped into hers while he looked towards her. A genuine smile curved. "I know I'm proud.

The movie started up. . . 

It held the premise of being George Bush's Fourth time being elected as President with Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Vice president for this fourth time elected. War ravaged the world with nearly every nation aimed against America. A re-animation virus is designed to compensate for the massive deaths that would occur, one Soldier decided that they didn't want to die and fled. Hiding in a basement of an unassuming Strip Club where a greedy club owner would try any angle to try and get more profit into his hands. One day, a new stripper arrives  The new stripper after being marked as barely adequate to the clientele compared to others, eventually gets bitten and then storms the scene with extreme flexibility and strength. One could only imagine the kind of hijinks that happens when the other strippers start getting the same infection just to compete - What does the Owner do? Market Zombie Strippers - What could have gone wrong?!

"Hm? Sure. Just morph into a little pet or something and peek your head outta my shirt. Don't squeak too much or everyone will notice though." Alex didn't honestly mind the idea - not like it would be a form of cheating anyway, and her teacher was crazy enough to deem it a 'form of inspiration'. A little pets as stress relief in the middle of the exam would probably feel amazing, too.

"You'll have to find that out yourself, buddy." Alex joked back, regarding what turned her on. Then again, past her surefire way which she dubbed her 'arousal switch', she couldn't speak much for it due to lack of experience. It wasn't something that tended to grip her mind for too long anyway, given how low her drive normally was.

She nodded in confirmation. "I don't see why not." However, what he said next took some enjoyment out of her meal ever so slightly. She didn't reach for the second bite immediately. "Hey. You know you're top of the list for me." She protested, despite the obvious playful tone. "Regardless, that's not even the point. I'm probably chatting with the twins about this too. Just picked you first because you have more of a stable head on your shoulders."

With the misunderstanding cleared, she finally could stomach something. A second bite occured before she spoke up again. "Hey, hey. No way. I wanna see you looking all dapper too, you're not dodging it." She was adamant about it, too. That would be one weird pairing if she looked like a million bucks and he looked like he just got out of bed. "Maybe just give the choice, but encourage formal? Not like full ball formal, just... Looking nice." Seemed like a fair compromise in her mind.

She glanced back at the movie on the screen very momentarily - her gaze was cast down the moment Cole said he was proud of her, focusing a bit too much on the mostly uneaten lasagna on her plate. The heat of embarrassment rushed to her cheeks - she wasn't too used to blushing, and wasn't quite sure how to react to that involuntary reaction. After a few moments, she opted to close her eyes and clear her throat, trying to get a hold of herself.

"...Thanks." She ended up responding in a bit of a softer tone than she had intended, before looking back at the movie and forcing her own insecurities out the window. It wasn't time for that - it was time for good food, good company, and a so-bad-it's-good movie. That's what she went there for and that's what they would do.

"Wow, this looks terrible." She wound up commenting, looking quite amused despite her words. "I'm all in on this." A third bite made its way into her mouth as her attention was dragged to the screen like moth to a flame. Now that was her type of movie. "Whole new meaning to 'death by snu-snu'."

VMU Students Guest

Her shirt?! The thought caused him to halt for a moment as if the very idea struck him to a stasis. It'd been the furthest idea from his mind, maybe he consider her pocket or some little space in her bag. But the thought of being in such a close quarters area against her skin even morphed into a miniature and cute animal that fit there brought a deep blush that curled at the outline of his ears. His hair had already jolted back to a red-pink hue - if only this woman know the effect she held. "Uhm. .. Y-Yea, sure, I mean. . . I could do that." Could he even? What even would he become?!"Guess I'll have to look at some animals that could be. . . In the shirt size.

Cole could feel the little shiver down his spine at the sheer thought of being close enough in that capacity. Then another hit came, stronger, faster, harder and one he hadn't expected to see. It had only occurred to him now what his actual words were and it no longer felt as if it had been out of left field. He wasn't sure if his hair could change even more than it had but it would definitely stay in that constant heat for sometime. He honestly wasn't even sure how to respond to it - had she been joking? Was she serious? Was his mind burning too much to even consider it either or?! "Maybe. . . Maybe I will." As if it had been a challenge that needed to be accepted. 

Mentally he winced.'No, that's not what I was supposed to say! Obviously it was a joke, idiot!' Chiding himself for words or an agreement that he couldn't seem to take back even if he wanted to. A sigh exhausted from him one that had been filled with embarrassment on one end and frustration at his own stupidity on the other. 

"Woah, woah. . . I didn't mean anything by it, Alex. . ." He'd still been trying to catch his own breath and tone of voice reeling from the previous responses. His hair definitely wasn't going to lighten up anytime soon. Not from his own self-embarrassment. "I'm honored and glad you said yes, really. But you're right I am the most stable! The only one who keeps such a near neurotic perfect stack of bad movies." Really he had gotten into them more by watching different ones with her, it could easily be said that she made an impression in his taste of things by introduction. 

Truthfully, he hadn't been able to take a bit from his own lasagna after his stumbled bumbling."Give a choice. . . Okay, I can get with that. But me? Dressed up? You know it's been a loooong time since I had to put on the charms in that way." He couldn't even remember when it was but he did remember that it had been during the time where his hair was just a tad bit longer, before he decided to go for a more flattering hairstyle. 

A gaze shifted towards Alex, the silence became noticeable from the previous rambling. He watched her much like a person admired a painting without any true peer. "No need to thank me. . ." An equally soft response. He didn't say it to gain accolades but just to speak an honest truth. One of the few feelings he had for her that he could vocalize without feeling as if his own world could end by just saying the words.

His attention had been drawn by the movie and a slight wince took place physically with a small smile that perched on his face."Looks terrible is an understatement." Cole laughed as his head made a light sideways nod. "I'm pretty sure they didn't mind the lap dance before it all went to 'snu-snu' land. I don't think I've ever seen a good lap dance." Not on a show, they always seemed just way too rehearsed.