Améa Nedvidek

Invite Something Happened

Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Alexander had just been about to settle in at least until a pull that was familiar yet not called out to him. "What. . .?" It was a bewildered question towards himself. He placed the deck of tarot cards down and right against the wall before standing up as the door opened up to reveal young redhead as she walked into the home quite revealed. The glint in her eyes had been different as well. "Cass. . .?

At first he questioned if it had been her awareness and yet the blue-hues once rested on him stripped that guess work entirely from him. He'd started to walk over towards her. "That's not a gentle walk on the feet." Narrowed gaze towards her feet as the cuts were beginning to heal already. Even with such fast healing, concern bound up within. "No, not awake. At least not her. Them." The sixth sense within himself picked up on that small hint easily enough after feeling the pull and the instinct that kicked in once those oddly colored eyes pinned on him. 

"Welcome to the world, Dear." Spoken in his usual smooth and calm tone trying to draw her attention from the door while Lei closed it. An arm wrapped around her shoulder as he held the coat tight against her to shield further viewings. He could only imagine the myriad of emotions that throttled her. "Wanderer's maybe. They came with purpose that much I know." A smile curved at his lips as he started to lead Cassandra towards the couch and sat down next to her as he held her closely. "I agree, Lei, the very near future to help limit this kind of thing. Which means... I also need to talk to Del in the even nearer future too."

Slowly nodding as he turned his sights towards both Stu and Lillian. "She'll stay. To rest first. Then you can help out, I apparently need to keep an eye on people." He watched as his mother went about restoring the reserves of Jezebel and Améa. Teeth chewed at the inside of his cheek. "Yea, I'll try to keep you appraised. If you don't know already, of course. Just... Make sure you rest, okay?" Voice eased out with genuine concerned towards her. It reminded him of earlier but also of how much energy Bethianna had expanded at the Not-Wedding. 

A hand slid through the bright red locks on Cassandra. "I. . . Hopefully will be able to explain the 'how' eventually, alright, love? I know I've been asking this a lot lately. This kind of. . Obscure trust with these kind of things. But trust that you're safe here. You're here with that in mind, that much I am certain." His other hand slid down to rest at her stomach. A way to assure those that rested in side that he was there and alright by presence and the link. 

"You all need to some rest too." Attention turned to Jezebel, Améa, Lauren and Lei. "So, get in on that. Nice baths and all and then just conk out in a nice soft bed. Don't worry about things here. I'll be okay to handle it expertly."

Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Junior Dance Instructor★ LilyCat
18 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

Cassandra could do little except watch what was going on around her, as Alex led her to the couch. Though she was awake, she was still trying to work through the confusion of finding herself here, of the gathering that was occurring in the middle of the night. Did these things happen often? She was pretty sure Alex would have told her if he needed to sneak out on the regular. It's not as though he needed to sneak around. She also felt a little unnerved by Lillian's amusement and interest in the situation, already realising rather quickly that Alex's mother was likely aware of her condition.

"I'm alright," Cass gently dismissed the concerns. Her feet still hurt a little, but they were healing and she would be fine soon. She watched as Lillian placed her hands on Jezebel and Améa, noticing how the two younger women seemed to perk up a little as though given a slight recharge. What exactly had gone on here? Améa was back to her correct age, Lorelei was awake, but still a teen. Flora was aged up as well. She chose not to ask the questions though, knowing she wouldn't receive much in the way of answers.

Still, the redhead was grateful for the little bit of information that Lillian bestowed, over what had happened. David was dead? Murdered at that? Somehow she'd known that. She wasn't sure how exactly, but she knew that's why she'd dreamed about her parents' murder. Was part of why she was here.

Jezebel and Lorelei both stood, agreeing that it was probably time to go home, and they followed Lillian as she led the way out into the night. Stuart then turned to Améa and Lauren and gave them a nod.

"Alright, we should head home too, so you girls can get some rest. You know how to contact me if you need anything," The man said to Alex with a nod, and then began to herd out the other two young women, leaving Alex and Cassandra sat on the couch in the now very empty living room. The redhead rubbed her face before giving her head a small shake, and then nodded with a long sigh.

"It's fine. I get it, secret family stuff. But this whole 'sleepwalking' thing isn't going to be a common thing, is it?" Cass asked, glancing toward Alex for a moment to see if he knew, before then looking around at the dishes, and then down the hall. "Maybe you want to check on Adele? I'm... really sorry about what's happened to David. That's awful. I'll just do the dishes and some cleaning around the place or something. Maybe make up some bottles for the baby, stuff that'll make things a bit easier on her."

Tally Staff ☆ Tallygarunga Librarian★ Sadrienne
40* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

"Rest?" Lillian asked the question before it could really process. Knowing as she often was about the things happening around her, she lacked a certain human ability with conversation sometimes. Like why someone would suggest that she do something as average and necessary as resting. Or even just why they would care to bring it up. A few seconds of mildly stunned blinking, and she arrived at the conclusion that it was one of those weird mortal niceties that she'd never really got the hang of. "Yes, of course. It would be unwise to try much else this evening."

Lillian did know her limits, though. She knew them through centuries of trial and error, knew the barest minimum she could push herself to without doing lasting damage. She wasn't there yet. Though it was a concern that Bethianna also knew her own limits, and despite her long history of refusing to exceed them for the sake of any mortal, had done exactly that for Alexander. She'd never seen Bethianna push herself that far, or be this wounded for so long. Not even when they were still young and exploring their potential. Bethianna's penchant for lost boys aside, she wasn't sure why the woman had chosen Alex specifically. She was starting to come up with theories, though.

But she took her theories with an amused smile, and left saying nothing more. Whatever her reasons, Bethianna having a more concrete link to the world was not a bad thing. If only the same could be said of others.

In the back of the house, Adele sat with her arms still tight around Caleb. He'd fallen asleep there, undisturbed as the others were by the agony of her soul. She would need to move him eventually, this was no place for him to get a proper sleep, but with the baby sleeping soundly in the crib across the room, Adele didn't want to move from her spot on the floor. Didn't want to take her eyes off either of her boys, in case they too were taken from her.

In a soft and trembling voice, she sang a broken lullabye. The foreign words shook and cracked and skipped through her grief, she let the tears come and fall slowly down her cheeks. 

"Yes. . .? Rest. . .?" While it was a common sensual action for those that exerted themselves to take a rest, many would fight against such a notion. Admittedly he'd been one such a person in certain instances. At the same time he had tried to show a sense of child's concern, uncertainty hung in his mind if either one of them had that actual right in such an attempt in the first place. Perhaps it was another wound to attend to at a much later date, many more needed to be attended and stitched up after all. 

A small smile formed on his face as he looked towards Cassandra. "You say you're alright, but I'm pretty sure you need to relax a bit. You're over here taking midnight jogs in your sleep, after all." More specifically their children had been doing that but that was something he wasn't sure how to actually 'explain'. There had still been so much knowledge that he wasn't aware of: Such as this change of a non-Sorceraic woman harboring the children. Linked with the effect of what it meant for a male to do so that was still in the stage that teetered between two worlds. 

Alexander waved a farewell to Jez and Lorelei first as they were leaving. "Make sure you demand yourself a stack of pancakes, Lei. Just... Don't have your mom cook it." Eyes narrowed slightly as he gave a grin. The expression didn't last long as it dropped to a more somber one. "Glad to see you're back to your normal self, Améa. Have a nice night." His gaze finally settled onto Lauren as he tried to offer a calm smile. "I know it will be a major change, Lauren. We can do something after things calm down." That didn't mean just for Adele's case, Alan was going to have a hell of a shock of his life. He wasn't sure if he'd try to make up for lost time between the two which meant he'd have to wait his turn in line to better connect with the newly christened teen. 

"Course, Stu. I'll let you know first thing, too. " He knew of few people who had been close to Adele as Stuart. Aside from the fact he was Améa and Jez's father, there always seemed to be something else there. The kind of bond that probably kept her up more than he could even fathom. 

Cassandra's question caused a brief halt as he bites at his lower lip. "It could keep happening." It could also get worse, if they're in need of energy to keep invigorated then it could cause some slight issues. "Other stuff too, Auntie Bethianna can help with understanding more. The stuff that we won't be able to know, well. . . We'll figure it out like we do everything, right?" For better or worse, whatever curve balls would be tossed their way he found solidarity in that stance that they would be able to figure out a proper solution. 

"Yea, you're right. I'm pretty sure I'm not her favorite person right now but... I'm too stubborn to let that factor keep me away." In a smooth transition he stood up and then leaned forward to kiss Cassandra's forehead. "If you start to feel faint, rest. It should pass." As long as the twins weren't too active he wagered the potential drain wouldn't be too harsh on her. Then he made his way towards Adele's room in gentle steps to avoid potentially waking up the baby and maybe even Caleb if he'd fallen asleep. The sound of the broken lullaby reached his ears and it caused his heart to melt and in some manner break. 

The amount of torture she must have been feeling was enough to break a persons resolve in many ways. 

The palm of his hand pressed against the door to open it lightly and then he slid inside, back pressed against the wall as he slid down slowly and watched Adele with Caleb slouched over her in slumber. Eyes lifted up to see the babies crib whom seemed to be quite fast asleep themselves. "A sadly beautiful song. You should sing more, it's a lovely voice." Standing up once more he made his way towards another part of the room to find some form of cloth, anything absorbent and walked over towards his sister. Then knelt down next to her to use it dry to at her tears. "You're stuck with me, hope you don't mind too much on that.

Everything that he'd done to prepare himself the last few months, the planning and the thoughts that surged through his mind. All for the means to stay - the reason and every intention within his bones demanded that he not leave. The passing days only added more people, more reasons on why leaving was never an option. 

"You know, I'm pretty bad at this whole 'Brother' thing. I'm not sure if there is a rulebook or.. If someone was supposed to teach me the do's and don'ts."

Being a baby's room, there was an endless supply of towels and cloths lying about. She didn't look up when Alex entered, only noted by his feet that it was him. The singing stopped though, a brief wave of shame weaving through the pain at being caught out. It only worsened as he complimented her voice, she'd never been terribly comfortable with performing---which surprised people. She was dramatic, she was theatrical, and yet---when it came to really putting a piece of herself on show, she shied away from the light. Her confidence and outrageous nature were little more than an act, an outer wall to protect her more fragile self. 

"Mamiere used to sing it for me," she mumbled, her unusual use of the name suggesting it probably wasn't Lillian she was talking about. "When I was too scared of the thunder and the dark to sleep. She'd lie next to me and sing until I felt safe again." The memory was a difficult one. Her childhood seemed so long ago, so innocent. It had never been simple, but when did it all get so horribly complicated? When had the world turned against her? "It means... sleep well, there is a place for you beyond this night. Dream well, it's not time for you to go."

Adele's voice cracked again, and she paused to wipe her cheek against her shoulder. Caleb stirred a little, but only enough to get comfortable again, and his soft snoring soon buzzed low through his nose and mouth.

"You're not a bad brother," she said when her voice would cooperate again. "I'm sorry, I---I shouldn't have left like that. I knew you'd made your decision, and I knew you'd want to do it soon, just... timing. It's all shitty timing. I barely get you in my life, and then... I blink and you're married with kids on the way. I wanted... I wanted so many dumb things, Alex," Adele shook her head, lifting her chin up and blinking hard to clear the tears.

"I wanted to look after you, like a big sister should. Get you through school. Buy your uniforms. Make sure you get your hair cut. Be the person our shitty mother never was. Give you everything you need to make the life you want. The life you deserve, and..." Adele sniffed. "You never needed me for that. Not even a little bit. You're independent, you make your own way and I'm proud of that too, it just..." Adele let the sentence drop into silence. "Too many books, too many movies. I wanted to be someone you would talk to. Someone who knew your mind, who---who could be there to get excited and coach you on through life. You didn't... even tell me you were thinking about engagement."

The difference between what she had expected a sibling bond to be, and what the reality was, had hurt her. Even though she knew life was messier than books and movies, and that she knew Alex had acted impulsively and that she wasn't actually entitled to know any of this and that when she didn't, it wasn't a reflection on how much she was needed or cared about---it hurt all the same.

"I missed my chance to be needed by you," she said, fresh tears falling as she spoke. "And I can't even protect you from the worst of what might happen, the decision you have to make, and if it goes bad..." Adele swallowed. She couldn't finish that sentence at all.

A soft silence drew after her explanation of the song and where it originated. He didn't doubt Lillian had her own lovely voice but expected the loving tone of 'Mamiere' referred to the woman that truly had been there to nurture her. "Sounds like something that you keep closely. Albeit, seemingly secretly." He chuckled weakly at the thought that the woman's stance on certain things had been more of a theatrical defense. Not something he'd have expected and yet it drew a better picture for him to understand her just a bit more. Alex shifted himself so that he'd laydown next to her with his eyes pinned against the ceiling. "Well, if you teach me the song I can probably sing it to you when you feel at your lowest. I don't think I have too bad a voice myself.

To hear such a crack in her voice, it grounded deeply inside of him as his chest tightened. This entire time he'd been intent on trying to help mend all the pain she had still be dealing with years later. Yet, as life would always have it, more pain is always heaped up in more amounts. A gauntlet of breaking misery, unending sorrow, where the happy times are sprinkles in most cases. 

He listened, never interrupting or following up with his own words. This was a flooded that was necessary or rather something that had been a long time coming. Both of his hands rested just at the center of his abdomen stilled. "I. . . Realize it was a lot. Trust me, the last thing I wanted to do was add more to an already opened wound. Everything seemed to rocket and propel forward and I just felt if I didn't say it now then it wouldn't come out." Then he shook his head slowly. "Those aren't stupid things either. It's only natural you want to take care of those close to you, it's well. . . Who you are.  For all your brooding and edge? You're probably the most caring person I know." A visible wince occurred. "Yea. . . I didn't want it to be a whole 'Well she rejected me!' speech. I wanted to know then say something. But well... Drinking like morons didn't do us any favors. I can admit when I let my stuff take me for a ride.

Alexander let in a soft current of air flow through his nostrils. "But you're right and wrong at the same time. I don't need you for that kind of material stuff because I'm already relying on for so much. I'd actually feel worse if I let you do that. I needed. . . I needed to fight on my own in some arenas. Because of you and everyone else, Auntie Bethianna too - I live. Literally. How much more than that can I ask for?" Weakly he smiled as his teeth bit at his lower lip. "Sometimes I feel like just a leech. It isn't entirely wrong in that regard... I'm not blinded enough to not realize I am useless in a lot of the situations that come. Lorelei needing energy, Améa's predicament of needing to store it. Bethianna also ended severely wounded because of me.

That had always been one of his bigger fears, one that had been poked and prodded at in the beginning of the year once. A walking entity of damage - one way or another. It wasn't the kind of depressing thought he tried to entertain but if fears were easily contained they'd like their effort and force in many ways. "But I do need you because I still have no idea about life in general. The pitfalls of marriage, how to even be a Father. These were things I didn't expect to happen in general, the kind of things I never even  considered were -actually- options for me." Then he started to sniggle. "What do I even do to twin girls who make their mother walk all the way here on their own will? I am out of my depth in everything."

What even could he do? Ground them? Where would he send them? DEEPER into the womb? It had all been very frightening in so many ways. 

"I will always need you, it's never something that just. . . Leaves. It changes, sure. But even now I still can't believe how I managed to get as far as I did with out my big sister. We're unique in the way that. . . We both know the feeling to be without and are learning to be with. It will take us time to get on the whole same wave-length then. But I get it..." He turned his head and stared slightly towards Adele. "At first I was angry that you kept our home from me. That you kept the cost of what my actions meant. But some guidance helped me to see and understand you did it for a reason. I refuse to let someone harm you or any one else, if I can do something to make sure that it doesn't happen? I will."

The larger question always will be the big 'If' something goes bad or right. Everything had been a gamble or more likely to attribute it to fate. "The only thing I can hope for is that you'll have faith and hope in me that I can pull through even if it seems like it's going bad. Leaving you? Was never an option. That's why I want my decision to be sooner. Because if pulling through becomes that truth? Then there is nothing that my body can do to be taken from you." Heavy huff of air pressed through his lips.

Alexander shifted to press the bottom of his chin just at the top of Adele's head and allowed for his eyes to close. Even with the fear inside that it could all be wiped away during his Acceptance he chose to hold on to the conviction that he could pull through. It had no longer been through the choice of rebellion but a choice of need and want, A desire to want this life and much more from it. "I plan to have bunch of Christmas'. Plan to spoil you until you get that twisted look of disgust on your face for it too. But the only way we're all going to get through these times is together. Not just you and me, but everyone. Including Cass and Lauren. We have a lot of type to make up all over the place but I like to think we'd get there eventually.

The most caring person he knew? Adele doubted that. His words struck at her heart, every last one of them so true and yet she couldn't bring herself to think about herself in that way. She wondered what he saw when he looked at her, because it wasn't what she crafted for the world at large. All of her wants still seemed stupid and selfish, like she was trying to force Alex into being a kid brother while he had his own independent life and so much more outside of her. His explanation for not telling her he planned to propose was as she'd expected---he had his reasons, and they didn't indicate any lack of care for her. Adele wanted to accept it and be okay with it. In time she would.

"Alex, if you asked for the world I would find a way to give it to you," that he felt he was asking too much by needing a little energy here and there---and that upset Adele a little. Did he not believe he was worth that? That he had a right to that? Did he not trust that she would give it gladly, did he feel that her goodwill could be exhausted? How was it that he saw through her dramatic and distant persona, but didn't realise that when she did love, it was absolute. From the moment she realised Alex was her brother, a thousand and one forgotten dreams had rushed back to her, filling her head with sentimental ideas and refusing her the chance to even try pushing him away.

But how could she explain the nights she'd stared up at the moon, through windows in more countries than she could count, wishing upon all that glittered that she might have a sibling of her own. Everywhere they went, she saw them. Brothers and sisters, friends forged in blood, someone she wouldn't have to leave behind every time they picked up their lives and moved on. How could she explain that she wanted this, more than she wanted a father? More than she wanted to return to her home and her grandmother? 

He spoke of home. A pang of guilt stabbed her stomach.

"If it were so much a home, I would be there right now," she said. "To drag you into that life, that complicated mess, before you even knew yourself---I couldn't. Améa was raised there, and it did her no favours. And I wanted you to know me, without ceremony or title. My life is already tied to that place. Consumed by it. It doesn't have to be the same for the rest of you, and... I'm doing what I can to ensure it never is. If I give you nothing else in life, I will give you the ability to choose that path yourself and... in the end I wasn't sure how to tell you. Or when. So I kept putting it off, believing you weren't ready yet."

"That said," she added softly. "I would ask you consider not relinquishing your birthright just yet. Any decision you make should be with all options known and researched. You could not possibly know what you are giving up enough to give it up yet," Adele closed her eyes. There were still a lot of feelings in this discussion, but they weren't the same razor-sharp torture of grief. While she focused on this conversation, she could push that back. Just a little. Just enough. "If there is an after, I would like to take you on a tour there."

While Alex was resolved to remain positive, Adele could not allow herself to say any words that might promise a happy outcome from his acceptance. If she said it, she might believe it, she might hope, and then her heart would be shattered when it all went wrong again. If she expected it to go bad, perhaps she would be a little insulated. What she was going to tell Caleb, that was a whole other matter.

"I'm sorry, Alex," she murmured. "I had my dreams, for both of us"

"You already gave me that." Alexander spoke at a soft whisper. "I mean, I have family. That's as much of a world as it starts to get." To be given something he hadn't even conceived to exist before. It wasn't some distant cousin that called only when a death occurred, when they wanted a bit of the possessions as if they were obligated to gain it. A true family with all of its up's and down's. Flawed and hypocritically flawless, even with all the things that had amounted up to many hurts he would only change a few of them. But there had been reasons why he felt certain things he needed to struggle with and fight on his own. 

For years even until this very day he'd been nothing but dependent on others, the full weight of his fate in their hands. Music had been such an escape not only from the pain but to finally feel as if some sense of control belonged to his own hands, that he could shape the steps that to took there and not be halted. There'd been doubt in him that Adele could provide the entire world and so much more had he only wanted it. A question always rang in his mind had been -should- she? In denying that he became more independent and even with the pride from her it seemed to also cause pain in a double-edged twist. 

The desire for a sibling had been inside him over the years and yet it had been one that took a backseat. Selfishness demanded in him that his largest desire in the world had been to not be a burden, something he would have been to a sibling at such a young age and growing up. A feeling that even now seemed like a gong of truth in his mind even in the assurance that those of the family didn't mind, it never assuaged that logical fact to his mind. 

"Yea. . . I had a feeling they weren't the most accepting of people. Mostly from what Auntie B has told me about them. She also told me of the plan. But that's why I wanted to relinquish it." A genuine smile stretched across his face. "The path I want regardless of what I see will always to be a doctor, Del. I want to help mend people, physically, emotionally, and mentally. To spend time to find out what is wrong with those like myself, Caleb and the little one over there. To find the solution to stop it or limit the risk behind it." To do this he understood he couldn't truly be bound to a single place, he couldn't be seen as someone that is of a certain bloodline and held as a pinnacle in that way. "But I would like a tour either way. I didn't get to see much of it due to. . . A  small interruption.

A whirlwind of revelations had been the only way he could truly explain how that situation went down. 

"Hey, still have them. I don't like being left off the hook with that kind of stuff, my Spencer nature likes to rebel." He wouldn't be a true paragon of his House if he didn't fight against every fate that ordained itself to cut what he wanted to do short. "I'm expecting you to have a long list -when- there is an after." Alex could be positive for the both of them. She didn't need to jump that train with him but he knew that he at least needed to believe he had a slightly higher possibility with all the preparations that would be made. "As Mother said, we'll spare no effort. Between you and me, I'm a bit shocked that she's going through such lengths to actually help." 

A slight snort as he smirked a bit. "She isn't the best mother by any standard but. . . She does love us in her own weird way." He'd resigned that she'd never show it the way that perhaps both of them expected her to do it. But it was there in a way that made sense to the Elder woman's alien mind. "So, maybe there is hope for yet to. . . Well, at least not be so distant even just a bit. We might need to cut her a little break, just a tiny one. I think Dad would agree she deserves that." Maybe he'd been asking too much of the injured parties involved but he felt it had been time to start closing up a lot of their mutual wounds in life. 

"Now. . . How about we get Caleb here into bed to rest a bit? Cass is cleaning up the dishes and is helping out with some bottles. And you, probably need to eat and have something to drink." He never moved from his position laying next to her only waiting for the signal on whether it was alright based on her movements. "And you also need to scold your nieces. A bit of a wagging finger from their Auntie, they're going to need her as much as I do.

Maybe even more so if he had to be honest. 

"Aunty B, mm?" a sour laugh huffed through Adele's lips. "Just how much has she told you about herself, anyway? She's no different to Mother, Alex. Probably worse in a lot of ways. Be careful around her, yeah?" there was so much Adele never would, never could forgive. Like Lillian, Bethianna always seemed to have reasons unfathomable to the regular person but Adele wasn't accepting that. What possible purpose could that hurt and fear have served? What could have been so important that Adele's life had to be turned upside down, thrown into chaos and broken beyond repair? She had been a child

But she said none of that. For all her distrust, Adele didn't want to interfere with the seemingly good relationship Alex had with Bethianna. If he wanted to know her side, he would ask. She would always tell, especially now that he knew more of the particulars to the story. 

"Father is a little angry at her himself," Adele murmured. Adele had expected that, given his overwhelmingly happy nature, he would quickly forgive and forget... or at least understand Lillian's motivations, but it seemed that she had gone too far in her protection of him. He wouldn't speak to her. Adele couldn't blame him for that. Oh... oh gods. Rheldor was going to be crushed by the news of David. Adele's heart twisted hard and sharp. The two had become close, partners in what Adele was certain was some attempt to make her life miserable. It had been good, though. They had looked after her like a super bromance team.

That was at an end now, too. And someone would have to break the news to Rheldor. Adele pushed that thought as far away as she could, training her focus onto Alex's words for the next distraction. There would be years yet to handle the pain, what she wanted right now was just to survive it. 

Caleb to bed. Yes. That was a good plan. She nodded slightly, rising with a well-practiced ease that kept Caleb safely tucked against her and sleeping. How often did she do this? The boy was eight, and though small in frame, not exactly light. His bedroom was the next, and had recently been decorated with pictures of... guitars. Not guitarists or bands or other musical paraphernalia... just images of guitars. All shapes, all sizes, all colours. Some were clearly more loved and sat at eye level. Others were possibly there just to fill gaps in the wall. He had it covered now. His own guitar sat in pride of place at the foot of his bed, perfectly maintained. The boy was a touch obsessed, but... it kept him entertained.

Adele lowered him gently onto his bed, bringing the covers up to his chin and tucking him in. A few whispered words and a kiss to his forehead, and she closed the door behind them as they returned to the living area. A little less zombie-like than she had been earlier, she greeted Cassandra with a look of apology.

"Congratulations," she said, standing in the doorway awkwardly. "I should have said it before. To both of you. It's... gonna be a wild ride for you from here. Hopefully you weather it better than I did the first few times." 

The redhead had thought she'd felt fine, or at least as fine as anyone could be with what had happened so far. But as soon as Alex had left the room, she felt the shock begin to wear away and as she tidied up dishes and began to wash them and clean around the kitchen, her mind continued to whir with the mixture of information that she was trying to process. How had she got here? How was it that she didn't even know how far along she was yet, but somehow there was enough awareness and strength to be able to control her body while she was sleeping? She tried to push the questions to the back of her mind, the concerns, but more continued to build up while she worked autonomously.

Had Cass really heard right, that there seemed to be an assumption that there was more than one? She had already been worried about one, how would she be with more? And what if something happened? To her? To them? Already, she knew that there was still a chance that Alex might not survive this acceptance thing... what would she do if he didn't? Hell, how would she even cope now if something went wrong?

The images of her parents flickered within her mind and only increased the fears tenfold. She didn't know what was going to happen, with Alex, or the babies, or her future in general, and it suddenly terrified her.

Still, Cass cleaned the kitchen until it was near spotless. She made up a large plate of leftovers for Adele to nibble on, and made up a few bottles for the baby, which she placed in the fridge. She then went about beginning to make up some hot chocolate, and as she did so managed to find a bottle of Irish Creme which she set aside as well, not completely making the drinks just yet. Rather, she waited and kept herself busy with little bits of tidying here and there, until she heard footsteps and then realised that her own cheeks were wet from tears, quickly lifting her arms to wipe at them. Adele was the one who had lost someone, she needed to be looked after. Cass' own concerns could wait, the redhead told herself.

"Thanks..." The word came out rushed and croaky, before she cleared her throat and then moved awkwardly from one foot to the other a little before then simply deciding to walk over and give Adele a hug. "I'm... really sorry," Cass offered quietly, offering a light squeeze to the other woman, before then awkwardly letting her go after a moment and stepping back and over toward the counter. "I'm a little terrified, to be honest, but... can only do our best. Uh, I made up a plate of leftovers as nibbles, and was just making hot chocolate... was going to wait to see if you wanted an Irish hot chocolate before I finished." If she kept moving around, kept talking a little, then she could pretend she was alright. Adele needed them now, and she was going to do her best to be supportive as possible.

A weakened sigh followed after the laugh. "She's. . .Told me a bit. No extended details but enough that I know about her." In terms of the scale of 'worse' his mind wouldn't allow for him to place Bethianna in the same bracket as his mother. Even knowing certain aspects, seeing that she hadn't denied things that could be considered damning on many levels. She was still the woman whom proctored his life, kept it sustained for many years, offered up more to him in knowledge of who he was than most, and placed herself in harms way for his life. 

But that didn't detract away from the fact that he didn't agree with her methods. A stance he had made as clear to her as much as his devotion and loyalty to her. "How about we plan for a day we call 'Siblings escape day'. Hang out at such kind of lodge and you can unload it all on me, yea?" In his mind he still needed to learn so much more of what made Adele tick, how she had been shaped as a person. To let her know he wouldn't shame her mistakes and didn't judge her as a person on them. 

"Only a little?" He couldn't help but shore up a grin as he shook his head. In the scenario of their life he wasn't sure who the most injured party had been amongst the secret of his birth. No father would ever want to be unaware of their children, he understood that now a bit. But he also felt even stronger about no Brother being without his Sister. His Sister. 

Alexander rolled slightly away to give her more room to pick up Caleb while he pushed himself up from the ground. It seemed like pure trained finesse the way she hoisted the small boy up and laid him to rest in bed. An image that painted her as the kind of mother you would see nurturing a child after a terror or a major grief. He followed close by to see the various ranges of guitar's posted along the walls and a smile firmly took hold of him. 

"Savage." This was the scene of a passion that he could condone. It may not have been bands but that meant he had the capacity to eventually move with various styles, that he could be one of the few style of musicians that never stuck to a single genre. Albeit, with guitars but that also had been his instrument of choice and focus too. "We're going to need a nice big room charmed with some heavy sound-proof so he can rock out full throttle without worry.

And maybe give his mother a bit of a break from the strummed chords. They could grate on the nerves when learning songs or styles of play, after all. The ever out-tune chord had also been a possibility for any musician. 

In the living area he'd take a gander at the cleaned dishes and what seemed to be a quick bite to nibble on for Adele. How Cass sounded, however, caused his eyes to squint slightly in examination of her. Had something been wrong with her? Was she also crying? "Well. . . It is pretty scary. I've been trying not to  let it get to me too much." Considering the tricks that the little ones had pulled tonight, re-evaluation of not letting it get to him maybe in order. "But we're also not going at it alone. I think that's important, that we'll have a strong support system to handle and manage." It was good that he at least told everyone before hand about it. Cassandra would have all the support necessary regardless of the outcome of other things. 

"It is also a congratulations to you, too. First time being an Aunt, get the fun of spoiling them and then making me deal with the headache of it all. Come sit down a bit, Del." Alex started to grasp at two chairs to pull them over as he turned his attention towards Cassandra. "You should probably sit down too when you get the chance." How long had she been on her feet? They hadn't rested much since she arrived aside from a brief sit down to collect a bit on what had occurred to her. Even that he imagined didn't harbor any satisfactory response of understanding of how severe the situation could be. 

"It would help a bit to know what to expect. You know, aside from Mother's usual pop in and pop out things." He had full expected Lillian to show 'interest'. The twins were girls and that much he knew from the power and will they exerted. It had been tacked on the fact that in any story spoken about the many children she always seemed to be there and something almost always seemed to have happened. "That way we can all prepare ourselves keep a kind of watch on that." Asking Adele these particulars at least helped to enlighten them on what he needed to watch out for, though the more extensive 'How would this effect Cassandra' bits would need to be held for another. 

Alcohol. Gods damn did she ever want a drink. Wanted to vanish into the bottom of a bottle until the worst was over. And yet, she could hear David's voice clear in her mind. They had made a pact during their marriage that drinking was something they did together. At least their awful decisions would be shared then, and he'd never been a stranger to drinking too much. It was all they bloody did the first time around. She curled her bottom lip inward, biting down on it to try and stop the next flood of tears. 

"I.. shouldn't. Just hot chocolate will be fine," she mumbled to Cass, and allowed Alex to lead her to sit. She was ready for the next distraction and thankfully, Alex was quick to provide. Tonight had been a night of so much news. Endings. Beginnings. Unexpected continuations. What Lauren's return meant was anyone's guess, and somewhere among the grief for David was a deep shame and guilt for the way Lauren looked at her. Adele knew she didn't deserve anything from the kid. Didn't make it hurt less.

But---the babies. The twins. That was good news, scary as it likely was. If the worst did happen, there would be a piece of Alex remaining in the world, and Adele clung to that like she clung to baby David. If, of course, their mother survived the pregancy phase. Adele's own pregnancies had gone much smoother since her acceptance, but Jezebel and Améa had come before that. The intrusion on her mind and body had been frightening and no one had explained it to her. Lillian was still very much pretending that Adele was normal, just a witch with limited magical talent. Life had already become a desperate fight for survival, and the confusion of her abnormal pregnancy had just added to that fire. 

No matter what she did, how much she drank, how many distractions she sought, she couldn't block out the unfamiliar and frightened presence she carried. Lillian never told her that was her daughters. Adele felt watched. Paranoid. Scared when, like Cass, she found herself doing things that she knew weren't of her own will. 

"You're in for an experience," Adele said softly. Her arms felt suddenly empty. All night there had been the baby, or Caleb, to keep her weighted down. "I had a few sleepwalking episodes myself. Especially with Ruella and Jezebel." Even now she had the feeling that was mostly Améa. There had been times where she felt the will of the two babies, tearing at her, as if each one had a plan for her but could not agree. But Adele hadn't even known there were two at the time. 

"I doubt you'll cause them enough concern that they feel a need to interfere. Tonight... tonight was my fault," Adele looked down toward the carpet, wondering how to explain. "They can feel it. All the girls can. I was hurting. Mea's always been the most sensitive to it, Alex... if he survives his acceptance, he'll feel it too. It's just a part of who we are. And your girls, they're aware. Of everything around them. Of the rest of us, and what we're feeling. They're connected. But they shouldn't have taken your body from you like that," Adele looked up and squarely at Cass's stomach, knowing too that the twins heard and felt every word she said. "It's not polite. Wake her next time."

It was never too early to start teaching manners, she supposed. And gaining control of a body while the owner was unconcious was very bad manners. Adele rubbed at her face, trying to think of what more there was to know. How different would Cassandra's experience be from her own? That was the unknown factor. 

"The boys were easier. Far easier," she said. "Less aware. Less intrusive. But... really, I don't know. It's always different, and you won't make my mistakes. I'll make sure of that." Adele forced a weak smile, cradling her hot chocolate between both hands. In the silence that fell, her mind went back. Eventually Alex and Cass would have to leave, and she would be here in the house with her boys again. It was a regular sized sort of place, but suddenly felt like a mansion. Big. And empty.

"Stay with us," the words bolted out of her mouth. "Me---us. Me and the boys. And Father. Father! He's going to be so excited with this news. Stay here. Move in for a while. We can---we can set up a nursery, I can help with whatever weirdness there is, and---Caleb would love having you both around, and..." her eyes shone with desperate hope. Alex and Cass would mean constant distraction. A fuller house. ".. and it would be fun?"

The young woman nodded as the more 'Irish' version of chocolate was declined, and went about busying herself once more making drinks, knowing full well that Alex had noticed something. She didn't want to distract him from taking care of Adele though. She was the one who'd lost her husband, Cass still had Alex... for now at least. Even the thought of him not being around made her bite her lip while she was turned away, still making the drinks up, that the mention of 'if's from Adele caused a lump to form in her throat while her hands shook slightly. A short hiss came from her when she accidentally spilled a few drops of hot drink on herself, but Cassandra managed to get Adele's to the woman while she listened to everything she was saying, before shaking her head at Alex's suggestion to sit.

If she sat down then she would have to think more about everything, Cassandra was sure of it. So far everything she'd heard scared her even more. How could they be so aware and connected? What was it about their family that did this? She wanted to ask, but instead she was already trying to find more things to tidy around the area - until such a time as Alex might made her sit down.

"No one knows what... if my blood will change anything? I'm, honestly... I don't know what to think. I'm still just trying to learn more about my own heritage, and Cate's still trying to get more information on my family, to try and see how this - me - happened," Cass twiddled her fingers together, allowing the conversation since it seemed like Adele would rather concentrate on that than think about her own situation right now. The redhead had too many questions. She could feel the strangeness of the presences within her, but it was both familiar and unfamiliar.

The sudden request from Adele threw her for a moment, however, and Cassandra simply blinked a few times while she tried to work out whether she'd heard right. She'd assumed that if Adele ever asked Alex to move in, then she'd only want him there. But she was asking both of them. Cassandra looked down a moment as she considered the idea itself. Sure, she didn't like the idea of leaving Cate to live alone, but her aunt had been spending nights elsewhere a fair bit over the course of the year anyway. Cass didn't push for details, she knew that Caitlin was being private for reasons that she'd explain eventually, but she also knew that Cate would also put her life right on hold with babies on the way, and the younger woman didn't want her doing that. She'd already sacrificed so much over the years for her.

And it wasn't as though they wouldn't be at the house a lot anyway. The studio was set up there, and it was in the same town after all. They could always spend a night here and there and... was Cass actually considering moving here? For some reason she felt like there was a bias inside of her, as to what to do.

"The... They want to," Cass murmured, a hand on her stomach which didn't feel like it should have two sentient beings inside it. But she couldn't deny that she knew how they felt, what they thought. She felt connected to them as she focused, and she wondered if this was what Adele had spoken about. Glancing at the other woman, she gave a small few nods, "We could do that." She said quietly, but then bit on her lip as she paused a moment in thought, before then continuing with her own desperation in her gaze, "But... can you tell me? About your family, that is. I just... I'm really scared. I don't even know what they'll get from my side yet, and if it's going to mix with the blood, or cause problems. And I know that no one knows about that, but it might... I might feel a little less blind if I know... something, anything that could prepare me."

Gods, could this kill her? Cass didn't even know where that thought had come from, but it now lingered in her mind. Something told her that her daughters would survive regardless, but she wanted them to have both of their parents. Aware as they were she couldn't... it horrified her, the idea of putting them through what she went through.

"At least load up on the mini-marshmallows. Need to get that nice frothy cover at the top." The least he could do is try to lessen the tension that had been this entire evening. Much of it wouldn't go away and the current conversation that had been suited more towards himself and Cassandra provided a distraction of sorts. Though he perhaps had been subjecting themselves to the weight he felt it was somewhat more bearable for the time being. At least in comparison. Hearing the hiss emit from the red-head he quickly went to the sink and pulled a few sheets of paper towel, turned the water towards cold. Running it over the sheets and pressing it just over the area Cassandra had burned herself after she'd served Adele. 

"It's like I told you before, the boys don't tend to have the best track record of 'survival'." His teeth nipped at his lower lip for a moment. "Means a few things have never actually managed to happen most likely. Like. . . A male getting a woman pregnant. Certainly not a woman of your own heritage, either." If she were fully a Wizard that would be something they'd have a bit of an idea about. The territory that they've embarked on was much too fresh and new for certainty even for some of the older members. 

Alexander nodded slowly towards Adele's explanation while he led Cassandra towards the empty chair and firmly guided her to sit down while he stood behind her and wrapped his arms comfortingly around her neck as a rest. "It's everyone is able to kind of keep connected even far away. You'll find that a lot of the women in this family have a unique. . . Headstrong nature to them." He smiled widely as he considered a fact that would be difficult to refute. Way too many examples in his mind that point out to it. "We're lucky to have you around, Del." If one considered that Adele truly had no one to guide her as he did with the absence of Lillian then he could see why mistakes happened. People by nature were still 'human' bound to mistakes and without a proper hand to help they would become bigger without the intention. 

"What. . .?" A quizzical look formed on his face a she stared at Adele. Not because she asked for them to move in but because it had been in a thought he'd been considering the moment he heard of David's death. That she would need someone here and one that wasn't truly bound to other things, that could make that change and that it wouldn't cause too many earthquakes elsewhere. "Are you reading my mind or something? Because that had been something I was considering offering after a discussion.

His lovely wife seemed to beat him to the punch of agreeing of sorts, well, her and what seemed to be those that she bore inside. "They want to? Would you look at that, they already love being at their auntie Adele's." That was awkward for him to say and it was even more awkward for him to think that his Father would be excited about this prospect. Well. . . At least one of them would be able to enjoy it. "Well. . . At least they'd get to meet one of their grandfathers." A moment he hadn't considered that his adoptive father would miss. This year wasn't the 'best' for many reasons and that had been such a grievous bad that it tended to overshadow a lot of things that were intended for the positive route. 

Never-the-less he shored up his emotions and blocked that part of him from being thought on and even addressed as he quickly rolled into the request of knowledge from Cassandra. He'd remembered what Lillian had stated of it being Adele's choice ultimately, the efforts that she'd gone through to protect everyone from persecution and that many sacrifices made. "If we're moving in, it probably would be a good idea to know? She's going to see a lot of crazy things much more." Shoulder lightly lifted as well. "Especially since to get a better understanding and watch. . . We will need to contact Auntie Bethianna. At a later date, of course, I don't think we need to stress you out with her showing up now.

While he had always been over-joyed to see the woman, that same couldn't be said of how his Sister felt of her. If anything he wanted to make sure that the rest of her evening and dealing with tragedy had been the easiest possible. At any cost that he could provide for her. 

Tell her. Tell her what? Everything? Part of it? Only the bits she would need to know here and now? Adele's stomach turned, uncomfortable with any of the above. The secret was the secret, and the secret was important. Where did you start? What innocent thread wouldn't start to unravel the whole bloody lot? The girl was scared, and Adele felt for her, but still... it wasn't just about herself, either. It was the family as a whole. What she said, and who she said it to, would impact all of them along the way. 

"We have a different magic," she said, her voice shaking slightly. "Back when the world was new, there were so many different kinds of magic. Ours was just one among millions, but power corrupts as power will, and fear drives the weak to eliminate what might conceivably be stronger. To---to reduce what remained into little more than circus freaks and novelties. You look at the world now, and see minority species vying for their place among the community, but it was never meant to be so unbalanced as this. It..." Adele shook her hands. It made her angry and sad to think about it. 

"We are what remains. Perhaps there are others, Mother has never been particularly good with details. And I have never felt any need to hear from her the particulars of something she never saw fit to tell me about, not until I was ready to breathe my last and she decided that didn't work with her plan. Maybe you're both naieve enough to believe the world has changed and that we should be able to come out of the shadows, but I suggest you look around. There are races dwindling into extinction all around us. Look at the way any being not a full human wizard is treated. To be different is dangerous, to be new and different doubly so. We may be near immortal, but we are not unbreakable." more hot tears stung at her eyes as she spoke. 

"Our magic is an energy, a force--intricately bound to our desires and will. You're likely not pregnant due to biological timing, but because of a moment---the right moment--his thoughts were of what he would leave behind, of children he would have in his future with you, and thus the future arrived. And that is the true kicker, Alex. We're not some unfortunate coincidence of Mother's illicit affair with our father, she had to have wanted this. And she threw us away anyway."

Listening, Cassandra's brow furrowed a little as she looked at the floor and her hands wrung together slightly. Adele made it sound like she couldn't possibly understand what it was like to be different, to have to hide from the world, but Cassandra had lived her entire life on the run, always having to watch over her shoulder, look around every corner, because hr family had been hunted, killed. She could see why Adele was angry, and was surprised to hear about how it was that the children in their family came about. So it wasn't simple luck, or that one in a billion chance, but the power of their will. But she didn't like being considered naive.

"Adele, you talk to me like I wouldn't know what it's like to have to hide," The redhead spoke quietly, before meeting the other woman's gaze with her own steady, "But I do know. My entire life had basically consisted of having to keep secret about things I can do that 'normal' people can't. The whole reason it's only me and my aunt is because everyone else in our family is dead. Hells, I was stuck frozen under my parents' bed, staring at their bodies for hours before I was found. I still have nightmares about it." The young woman shook her head as she bit her lip, glancing away as her eyes misted over with tears again. How could she cope if she lost Alex as well? She wasn't even sure if she would? She'd already been so alone most of her life, and she was terrified of something happening to her, or her children.

"I know exactly how society is," Cass continued with a croaky voice, before she cleared it, wiping her eyes and cheeks before looking at Adele again. "I grew up in Europe, where there are more purists and haters than anywhere else. My situation's no different to your own. You said that you didn't even know most of your life what you were... neither have I. I'm only just starting to learn, and it's scary. But I'm not about to go blabbing about your family, because I know what happens when the wrong groups hear about people that deviate from just 'normal' Wizards." She sniffed and hugged her arms around herself.

"I'm scared... scratch that, I'm terrified that our kids are going to be something different again, and what that will mean for them. But I'm the last person who would want to hurt your family, I'd just... like to be a part of it. To understand, and be able to help protect the kids. It's always been just me and Cate since I was a little girl, no other aunts or uncles, grandparents, cousins, siblings... I guess I just, always imagined if I got married then I'd be like... best friends with my guy's sister or something stupid like in the movies," Pursing her lips a little, Cass sniffed and shook her head, allowing the red locks to fall beside her face, covering much of her features, "It's stupid, I know."

Alexander always knew the subject was touchy that the effect of it all wouldn't be some easy to speak truth and he'd even been prepared for Adele to put up resistance. But it was a flood of emotions that stemmed from both women. A persecution on a level he couldn't relate towards, not in being what he had been as of yet. He was aware of the beginning of the things she'd spoken. Something of similar aspect said by the couple of their race that he'd asked, those that had offered up information for him to understand to break certain naïve penchants. 

Immediately he'd begun to look around for a chair because he couldn't stand and contain both such floods without being like a dam to brook them. Once located he situated just between the two and sat down and his hands extended out to both of them as he clutched. "Hey, hey. I understand this a charged subject. A lot of hurts and assumptions, hurts that are quite beyond me, let's be honest here." He kept his gaze forward towards the wall, looking at either of the women would be too heavy for even him understanding his own care to see the hurt he's always seen etched on their faces would do him no avail. 

"Del, I don't think either of us our naïve enough to believe it's time for the world to 'see'. Truth is the world of Wizards and Muggles will never see. There are those who try, most certainly, but the chaos will always be much larger because it is the hatred and fear that can never be stopped." It was a sad truth. One could consider that 'maybe in time things could change?' yet even the small victories won hadn't turned the tide of battle for any species. "I was never under the impression that we could just go blabbing. But I had been under the impression that as family we came together and tried to be forward, especially to those that understood that they need to hide themselves."  A strong clutch of both of their hands to offer a physical comfort. 

If he could go back in time, to change those hurts - alter them? He would have. The most he could do had been to stitch at those festering wounds of pain. Of course, his own had to be opened up in this moment. He hadn't been aware of how strong the power of mind and desire had been to the point it could push life into the womb. Cassandra's confusion, the fact her life could be considered in danger from the pregnancy - This effectively had been his own fault. Not that anyone would point that obvious fact out but they didn't need to. Hands finally retrieved from the women as he settled them onto his lap. 

This had only been on top of the fact that his Mother -intended- for life. She wasn't as young as he was to make the mistake, she knew. It wasn't some drunken night of passion with man she told herself she barely loved. If Adele was meant to be 'tossed away', he'd been meant for the true disposal bin. Not the kind of fact he should be telling or emphasizing either as much as his mind screamed it. 

"Well, I've always known I wasn't wanted, right?" He made light of his own desirability or lack there of and moved on. "Regardless of her choice of our choices. . . We're here as family. I know it isn't the way anyone here wanted to do things, to have things happen. But we're in this kind of a battle together, the battle of defending and keeping ours safe. We will grow and more will be born. It's just the way of things." A hand weaved through his hair with a sigh that exhausted past his lips. "It's not stupid to want something that's natural, movies may grandstand it but it's still a natural thing on it's most basic level.

He felt like he'd repeated himself again in that regard. 

They were romanticists and it had been their mutual stance on what they expected that had been touching. "You both seek something strong and there's never been anything wrong with that. But it won't just happen. . . It takes work, acceptance, and understanding. The fruits of that strength show up in moments like these." He honestly wasn't sure where to go from here with the two of them. But he also knew that wasn't his decision, he could push but it ultimately took both of their approvals of one another to make it work. "And more family does paint the pretty Christmas picture, am I right. . .?

"But I am sorry. I'm sorry that you have to relive those pained memories, Adele. . . I'm also sorry that you did also, Cass." The responsibility of these proceedings were on his shoulders. "It's . . . It's been one kind of a night. . . What do you say we get some rest? We can start the whole operation 'Get my Sister and Wife to actually be friends' in the morning?" A small smile curved on his lips. 

"Not so much you, but Mr Optimistic here," Adele said with a nod toward Alex. His determination to see the best in everything and every one was wonderful, but came with downfalls. She was talking to them both, wanting to seal away any possible reason they might later find to let anyone else in on the secret. Maybe they understood, maybe they knew better than herself why it was so important, but that wasn't going to stop her making the case anyway. When it came to this, Adele took no chances.

"They will be different. But they will have choices. Like Alex, they may choose to accept or deny their sorceraic side. An unpleasant experience whichever way you choose, but in the case of my children it restored them to a whole. Caleb is full wizard, while his sisters are full sorceraic. Whether there will be some pushback or lingering effect from your heritage, I don't know. Being girls, our blood will be strong within them. It already is. That's a good thing. They will keep themselves safe, and yourself as well." it did lead to an excess of energy pooled in one place, and that had to go somewhere. Usually it went into healing the body, providing energy for the mother, though sometimes---especially if there were two of the buggers---it went that step further. While carrying Jezebel and Améa, Adele had found herself near indestructible.

And she knew that, because she had tried very hard to destroy herself.

"It's not stupid," Adele shook her head. "It was the same sort of thing for me. Always on the run after we fled our home, just me and Mamiere. It gets lonely," she shrugged a shoulder. "End up becoming best friends with your books instead of others, cause by the time you get to know someone, it's time to pack up and leave again." How long had they done that? Adele didn't even know. The years all blurred together. Every place, a new face, new hair colour, new name. Even a new age. She'd been so many ages over the years, told so many lies, Adele legitimately didn't know how old she was. Though birth records gave an age for her homeland, it didn't coincide with the years she'd lived through. Time moved very differently out here. 

Then Alex mentioned rest, and Adele froze. Rest was... well that was something that people did. Yes. Probably something she would need to do soon. But.. where? In bed, presumably. Where David was not. And never would be again. Right. What... what happened now?

"Heh, yeah. But even he has a bit of a better idea through my stories... and probably yours too," Even if Alex didn't know personally how bad the prejudice could be, he'd been there when Cass had woken from some of her night terrors, and had heard some of Caitlin's own stories regarding some of her investigations in the past. Sadly, the world was not a safe place for anyone who was considered 'dangerous' simply because they might have more magical ability than ordinary Wizards. "What if they don't have to choose?" She then asked, before biting her lip, "I mean... from what I've gathered the conflict in the blood mostly comes from having Wizarding or mortal blood fighting with the... Sorceraic, is what you called it? But I'm fully Fae. Your mum said that she doesn't even know what that could mean for them." And that's what frightened Cassandra. If Lillian didn't know, and she had been given the impression that the woman was very old, then who could tell what could occur?

But keeping her safe? Again, more questions just seemed to form inside her head. She knew that despite it being late in the night, she didn't feel at all sleepy. She knew that she had to have cut her feet up terribly in her walk to this place, but her feet had healed within moments upon arriving. Though, she figured that was attributed to her own blood anyway. What would it even do to her own body? She was literally sharing blood with the lives inside of her, she knew from some of her aunt's biology books that pregnancy changed a woman's DNA slightly. She blinked from her stupor, the thoughts becoming too much.

"It sounds like we have a lot in common," Cass mumbled quietly. She knew the loneliness very well, having to be on the run, hiding. She picked up dancing, though there were long periods of time where she had to stay inside the house for weeks at a time because of a warning from someone her aunt knew. Cass also knew the look on Adele's features when Alex had suggested time to rest. She remembered those nights when she didn't want to close her eyes because she would see her parents. She remembered the horrible feeling of an empty room when her thoughts wouldn't stray from what happened. Caitlin had suggested camping in the living room at her place for a long time whenever that happened, and Cass bit her lip.

"Why don't we... get a whole bunch of blankets and pillows and build like a pillow fort or something in here. We can just like, sit around and have hot chocolate and chat or something, and then rest when we feel tired," The young woman hoped it didn't sound silly to Adele, and offered a small shrug, "It's what Cate and I did whenever I had a nightmare about my parents, or when I couldn't get to sleep because... it's just hard when someone who you feel should be there, isn't."

"Ah well. . . You know." Alex shrugged lightly at being the one pointed out. "Some people stay optimistic because the grimness of their reality is far worse." His hand raised and waved dismissively as if that hadn't been his own reason. "Others, like my lovely self? We know that ignoring the actual good things is how you get truly burned." After all, If he had chosen to storm out of the Library the day he met Adele? He wouldn't have a Sister, a family. No, if he'd be much more similar to some of the other family he probably would have distanced himself quick and fast. 

Though he nodded gently. "Right, their safety and yours is extremely important. They'll have yours and their best interest in mind. I promise tonight isn't a good way to gauge it." A good point had been made which caused him to laugh lightly. "Then it means I'll have to study hard to see where the difference would link to. The Fae are quite ancient in their own form of Magic. Unlike Wizardry which in consideration is far younger." His fingers tapped at the edge of the chair he sat upon the tune of it helped for his mind funnel through information. "I'll probably be working with someone else that is very aware of the condition of the Sorceraic blood. I'm sure between that knowledge and whatever can pop in my crappy noggin, might be able to get a good understanding of it.

At the very least that meant he didn't have to worry about Cassandra as much in certain ways if the twins would keep her protected. A sigh pulsed from him as he started to stand up and headed towards his bag as he started to rummage through it. "You'll find Del is full of surprises." His eyes narrowed slightly as a grin touched his lips. "I have it on good authority that she's actually an accomplished pianist in her own right." That one he'd been holding in for sometime since Caleb had told him. The young lad desired a family band after all, well, an almost family band with a few being pushed out of the chance to do so. 

His handed lifted up as a finger pointed towards Cass. "Exactly! Blanket forts with a bunch of snacks to get the best snack hangover in existence." A small bottle had been pulled from his bag where he'd snap it open and roll out a couple of small objects from it, they almost looked gelatin-like with a deep orange-brown coloration. Then proceeded to toss them into his mouth and chew. "If you have marshmallows and a box of cereal, cinnamon, powdered sugar, and some vanilla extract I can make something up something quick." Alex held many 'survival' talents especially after certain events in the beginning of the year and he'd took to cooking quite easily. It did help that it went hand-in-hand with his desire for medicine. 

"Luckily you don't have to hear me play a guitar. I left Sapphire behind. Heart breaking, I know - Old gal probably misses me."