Améa Nedvidek

Invite Something Happened

Tally Staff ☆ Tallygarunga Librarian★ Sadrienne
40* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

"Yes, it will be something of a permanent fix," Lillian nodded to Lorelei's explanation. "A sister lost long ago, who harboured no further will to walk the earth. In so doing, she will become one with Lorelei. Depending on how much of her remains, Lorelei may find herself with memories, desires, a will outside of her own. It will be no small task in reconciling that," here Lillian frowned softly. "Hence the ever-importance that you remain within your family, not above them. They will be the anchor to your true self should you find yourself adrift."

And of course, of Adele's daughters, Jezebel was the most well adjusted. This was, Lillian surmised, because Jezebel was also the only one to have been raised in a proper family setting. If this could be the difference that caused Lorelei to retain herself, and not end up like Flora, Lillian was willing to do whatever it took to enforce that. Including cutting Lorelei off from her own power, rendering her helpless and at the direct mercy of her family's care. She had done the same to Améa, but it had been too late.

Lillian was not designed for motherhood. That much was established. But she did learn from past errors, and ensuring that she wasn't the cause of a legion of psychotic immortal women was chief among her priorities. Eventually she would have to deal with the mess that was Flora. Hoping the girl saw sense and made her way back to her kin was not working out, and being tasked to watch over them only seemed to have deepened the bitterness that Flora lived and breathed.

"It was not all a waste," she said of the gathered power that still lingered within Améa. "Though what we needed initially was above your ability, even with the essence I will still require more than my own. Else I would have put end to this charade sooner, you have not suffered in vain. Given Aellra's state, I think it best she not participate. Such emotions can feed blindly and cause unknown effects. Shall we begin?" she motioned for Améa and Jezebel to come closer, and quietly set Caleb away to stand by Alex. Flora approached, but Lillian looked up with a sharpness in her gaze that could have cut mountains like butter.

"Not you." she said. 

Lillian closed her eyes, the air thickening as she began to draw in power, channelling it toward the still form on the couch. For all her faults, Lillian did care, and did want the girls to have the best life they could. Her way of showing it was warped by centuries, hurts beyond knowing. Tonight though, there was no question. She would do what it took to return Lorelei to her natural state.

Meanwhile, Adele was staring at a bottle. David had prepared a bunch before he left that morning, which at the time had been sweet---and now a devastating reminder of what she had lost. The half an ear she had on the conversation in the living room was also turning her stomach. She didn't like the sound of it. Merging Lorelei with another? Could they not wait until Bethianna was whole, or the mysterious Millea had been found? Did they even know if this was going to work? What if this caused tonight to be the scene of not one, but two tragedies? How would Jezebel bear it? 

The baby, however, could wait for none of that. He needed feeding, and it didn't matter to him that this was the last bottle his father would ever have prepared for him. Going back to the living room didn't seem like an option either, so she pulled out a chair and sat by the table. She was glad when Stuart joined her, his presence would help push back some of the thoughts. Temporarily, at least.

"Ruella seems better for her time with you," she said after a moment. "Though---were you aware she was doing such with Vladimir?"

Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Alexander rubbed the back of his neck. It almost seemed like it was route Lillian didn't want to truly take but saw no other recourse even with the drawbacks. But the explanation gave him a deeper understanding. That was the cost if one didn't stay grounded around those that cared, it was no wonder to him that Flora ended up how she did. A clear distance made by the actions she perpetrated. Could one even hope to chisel at the bitterness that had built up without being addressed for so long? "Even with all the craziness and the bad calls we'll make as family. . . It's important to remember to keep connected.

He'd agreed with Lillian and it felt like such an odd. . . Pressure. Not pleasing but more of awkward, never expecting to be on a sensible wavelength in that regard. He also didn't want to risk Lei losing sight of herself or what she had cared about in her own unique way. At least with the explanation given he felt less salty, -less- not completely absolved. But it would have been a bit nicer to know it was more of a precursor. "She. . . Needs time to gather anyways." It was a good chance for her to settle down the high of anger by building on the nurturing presence she held for the child. 

As Caleb approached closer to his side a warm smile curved at his lips as he pressed his hand on top of his head. "Hey there, Caleb. Crazy night, yea. . .? But at least our man-clan is building." Alex offered a soft wink, he'd hoped that Caleb would take to a proper big brother role - especially since they both knew what potentially awaited the young babe. A bitterness that set in his own mouth as he felt he now was 'racing against the clock' for a solution. A solution he wasn't sure would arrive in the newborn's life time. It was in this moment that he could see more. . 'clearly' what he'd been regaled about regarding his mother. 

While he wasn't a considered care he was glad his Sister and her daughters were. The boys, they could be under his own watchful gaze as he learned and tried. What more could an uncle offer, after all? 

The presence of the power that radiated caused shivers through him enough that it set him to step back slightly more away from the scene as he slowly started to sit down and exhaled a soft breath. Imagery had been overwhelming in its own special form. "We're going to need to be a bit stronger in this time. It's going to be a rough time for the girls, think you're up to stand vigil with me?" His gaze shifted to his nephew with a strong smile. 

Melbourne ☆ Actress, Princess, Supermum★ LilyCat
25* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

There was a silence in the air in response to Lillian's warning about remaining within the family and not above it, but the feeling in the air was that Lorelei understood and accepted that she would have to be monitored and possibly reminded every so often of her place, of who she was, lest she lose herself to the other. There was a thread of trepidation that ran through Jezebel as she was summoned closer and she stood and moved to Lillian's side. She wasn't sure how much energy this was going to take, but imagined that she wouldn't be going far for a while. Perhaps for the best, with everyone here, Adele had more people to support her. Perhaps she could call Viktor when daylight hit, and he could bring the triplets.

No doubt they would all want to see Lorelei awake again as soon as possible anyway.

There was something about the way that Lillian stopped Flora from joining them though, it ran deeper than simply being annoyed with her. Almost more like she didn't trust the girl not to try something that would change the outcome. In that moment Jezebel was very glad that Lillian was here to do this and that Flora listened to her. She didn't trust the girl either. She had been too happy about this solution and wanting to use it. It left a chill running down Jezebel's spine. How did Flora know about this method anyway?

Closing her eyes as Lillian did, Jezebel felt the air grow thick with energy as the older woman called it forth, drawing from the stored up power in Améa, as well as Jezebel's, and then her own, and the 'extra'. It was enough to choke on, or it felt that way, almost causing Jezebel to worry about whether it would be too much. Lorelei's form appeared to siphon it all up with ease, however, almost like it had been starving for it, and she could swear that she felt the presence of her daughter shift from being all around them, to gradually return to where she should be. It was working. This was working, right?

In the kitchen, Stuart put the kettle on and moved to fix himself a coffee. He'd heard what was going on, but it was... a lot. And it also made him feel sick, as he considered Flora and what he knew about her. Would Lorelei become like the other girl? He hoped not, and it seemed as though Lillian didn't want that result either. Glancing over at Adele, he offered a brief halfsmile at her comment about Améa.

"Not just from being around me. She's opened up a lot around Mum as well, but I think that's a lot to do with their shared love for animals. Mum's actually hoping that Améa would like to train properly as a wildlife rescuer and reserve keeper... you know, when Améa's back to her normal size," The man nodded a little, casting his gaze warily back toward the living room for a moment, before then looking to Adele again. "She called me 'father' earlier, when she was waking me up," He said quietly, "Not sure if she even realised, but..." He smiled softly for a moment, and then watched the baby as he spoke again. "They're right, you know. You can't go after him. You can't leave your kids without their mother."

Back in the living room, the very still body on the sofa finally appeared to gain some kind of life from the abundance of energy having been pushed into it. Lips parted just a fraction, and her complexion gained some colour as her eyelids twitched with the signs of waking.

"Seems like something she would be good at," Adele nodded. Upon hearing that she'd called Stuart "father", she began to feel just that little bit more hope for the poor girl. Perhaps Améa would later brush it off as a slip of the tongue in her urgency, but Améa did not slip like that. If she had said it, it was something she felt and believed---even if she normally would not allow herself to say as much. Such a small word, with big implications. 

"She loved him very much, the man who raised her," her words were quiet, and she beckoned for Stuart to sit while she fed the baby. "And she was the brightest spark in his life. Neither knew that they weren't truly kin, but even if they had I doubt it would have mattered. He taught her music and poetry, history and law. She spoke to him. He often had trouble getting her to quiet, she could sit for hours and speak with him. They played music together over the balconies, an enviable harmony. He had no love for me, though, he felt the people deserved better---right though he was, Améa felt she had a duty to uphold. She took his life that he could not take mine. She was barely older than Lei, and that sweet child vanished, with her words and her music, and she refuses to forgive herself." Adele's expression was pained.

"I never gave her anything worthy of that loyalty. To know she was capable of that---scared me, and I pushed her away even more. If she has called you "father", even just the once--Stuart, then... maybe it's possible for her to come back," Scared was one word. Disgusted had been another. It had taken Adele too long to fully comprehend the sacrifice Améa had made, or the lengths the girl had continued to go to in ensuring Adele's safety. "All I have ever done is bring them pain. Améa, most of all---but Jezebel too, Caleb, and now little David who will never know his father. The boys are the greatest weakness, but even the girls---Stuart, there is so much they can survive that will still harm them forevermore. Just because he cannot break them doesn't mean he can't cause them pain." Adele swallowed. "How long can a mother stand by and know that she is the reason her children may be in danger? How long can I stay, knowing that I have the ability to stop this?"

Back in the livingroom, the air had cleared a little. Améa's shoulders slumped, deflating as energy left her body. Even Lillian seemed to be tiring from the efforts, thin grey streaks highlighting her normally jet-black hair. 

"It is done," said the elder, stepping back from Lorelei. She was no longer consuming the energy like a bottomless pit, and that was a good sign. She was retaining it. Filling up. Returning. Flora moved closer, leaning over Lorelei as the girl began to wake. Her grey eyes curious and expectant.

"Who is it that we have here, mn?"

Alexander started to stand up as he watched the slight reaction of Lorelei, her skin returning to a more palatable color. It also seemed like breath surged through her lungs once more but he hadn't been foolish enough to run over and check. There was still that sense of distance that needed to be maintained until everything seemed careful and suitable enough. That and he very well couldn't beat the mother hugging her own child, that'd just be mean and rude. His hand gently patted Caleb's shoulder. "Looks like she'll be alright, but we'll have to see." In the mean time he finally took off his backpack that he had. 

Before rushing off to meet with Adele he needed to prepare a few things in case she didn't listen and that had been his recent concoction of dried herbs and fruits to manufacture hand ground tea. It had been cooled to last the journey and pressed into a square shaped water bottle, the person it had been intended for had been in the kitchen. He figured Stu had her care handled and so. . . Alexander took the step to trying to mend that 'wound', the one in himself and perhaps even a sort of bridge between he and the one person who perhaps had injured the most in a matter of speaking. 

He'd witnessed the greyed exhaust before and it been when Bethianna wounded her inner spirit with protecting himself and then helping Lorelei. Making his way towards Bethianna he'd rummage through the bag and handed it towards Lilian. It was a green tea fixed with ginseng and a hint of mandarin orange. "Here, it won't kick start any energy or anything but it might feel like a brief reprieve after how much you've exhausted." His inner caretaker had been showing and there wasn't a form of shame on his face for offering his assistance in this manner. "Probably should have Améa moved to a more comfortable place too." He didn't dear to touch her entirely unsure if his help would be much more of a negative impact than an actual positive advance. 

Sturt ☆ Family Busybody★ LilyCat
15* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Returning to herself was a strange experience indeed, and Lorelei almost wondered if Matt's experience was anything like this - except that she was aware it had been vastly different. For one, despite six months of not moving at all, she did not suffer lethargy or deterioration within her body. It was as preserved as it had been the day she'd fallen asleep. For another, she was not alone. Or more, she could feel and remember things that she had not before. A jumble of memories and emotions that might have overwhelmed her if not for her keen sense of self, and awareness of who and where she was. She was Lorelei... but she was also more, someone older, who had until recently not cared to return to the living.

But she was aware of her other, awake and silently calling for her. The voice spoke quietly over her, and the teenage girl's features shifted into a thoughtful expression, her eyes still closed while she appeared to be trying to settle something within herself.

"Ever impatient and persistent when you wanted something," Came the first words from the girl, before she opened her eyes to reveal that while she still had one as blue as the other women in her family, possibly even brighter than before, the other was now a deep rich milk chocolate colour. Perfectly brown, unnatural in it's own way as the blue of her family's eyes were. She looked back at Flora and there was knowledge there, she knew the Grey, her other half. But at the same time, Lorelei was in those eyes, existing as both herself and the one who had served as the source to bring her back.

Jezebel, as exhausted as Améa and Lillian had moved to the sofa as well, kneeling beside Lorelei's head. She saw the changed eye, saw that there was indeed something more there now, but as she studied, she recognised her daughter there, and instantly her arms swept up the teen to tug against her tightly in a hug. A choked half-sob escaped her, muffled by Lorelei's hair, where the mother had buried her face, before she pulled back and examined her more closely.

"Lei, you're back, you're back..." Jezebel huffed a soft half-laugh, before she found herself wrapped in another hug, this by Lorelei's doing.

"I'm here, Mamiere. I missed you," The teen said quietly, suddenly relieved to find herself in her mother's arms. The sensation of being hugged, she had missed it, she realised. As much as she spoke with such confidence in herself, at the end of the day she still felt most comforted by her parents' hugs. "I am myself... and I am also the past. It is a strange feeling... I am returned to my family, I'm Lorelei," She admitted quietly before they drew back once again and she looked around the room, stopping on Flora, "At the same time, I am also here for my twin within Lauren." She said softly, drawing a strange and confused look from Jezebel, before the mother looked at Flora and then Lillian.

In the kitchen, Stuart was only glad to be keeping Adele company. He wasn't nearly as sensitive as the woman or her family, but he knew whatever was going on must have been big. He did smile again, offering a small nod as Adele expressed her hope that Améa may yet recover from some of her past. He honestly hoped so as well, but still his heart did swell at recalling her calling him father as she tried to rouse him.

"Well, I haven't heard her play, but we have footy days - which will be cricket days now I guess with summer coming," The man chuckled, and then sighed, "As far as Vladimir, I had no idea. I'd have asked them to consider whether it was the best idea if I had." Which was a polite way of saying that he'd have probably given Vlad a very stern look and talking to regarding what being a 'guardian' meant. Still, as he heard a small commotion going on in the living room - and it sounded like the good kind at that - he looked to Adele and began to stand, before offering her a hand, "Sounds like it might have worked."

Ah, if only he'd waited a few more moments though. Rather, he began to walk back to the room, right as Lorelei spoke a name that caused dread to run through him.

I am also here for my twin within Lauren.

This was the moment they returned to. Adele's heart stopped, the arm that cradled baby David tensed and tightened lest she drop him in her renewed shock. She was not as well versed in the history of her kind, since finding out what she was she had stubbornly refused to engage with Lillian's attempts to share the stories. It hadn't always been that way, though, and as a child she had been enchanted by the mythology divulged by her beloved teacher. Then, it had felt like a world that belonged to Lillian and Bethianna only, a secret she was being allowed into. So much worse was the hurt when she discovered that those sessions had been as much about her own truth as Lillian's, and yet Lillian had not seen fit to give her that last piece of herself that would help her understand.

Still, for those quiet days of storytelling, she knew the basics. She knew there were six, three matched pairs. She knew something very odd had occurred here just now, that Lorelei's eye would be changed, and the significance of that brown to Flora's grey was absolute. Adele hoped that the presence of both the blue and brown in Lorelei was not an outward symbol of an equally fractured soul, though the girl seemed quite possessed of herself and this soothed her at least a little.

Adele's gaze locked onto Flora, the target of Lorelei's statement. Lauren, she had said. This vindictive, mysterious child that appeared whensoever she wanted? Adele wasn't sure she could believe that. Lauren had been a baby, and mortal at that. The girl didn't deny it, though. Nor did Lillian, who of anyone---must have known. Must have orchestrated such a thing. Ten years, and she had grieved the loss of her daughter... for  this?

"I did only what I must to escape your destructive path," Flora said after a long and cold pause. "I remember all. I remember the terrible lengths you went to, to ensure I caused no dent in your life. Lillian saved your life when you made it almost too late to do so, did you not consider she might do the same of me? I accepted my blood long before I was born, and Lillian chose to spare you the grief of what you had almost done in not telling you. Yet, when given the choice to allow me to become true, you refused. It did not matter that I already was, in your mind I was mortal. You chose for me a mortal prison, without once a thought to look to me and consider who and what I was. Had you done so, perhaps you might have known. You might have sensed me as you do your other accepted kin. And you might have known that I could not have passed that day."

Anger, bitterness. Sadness. It poured out of Flora. Améa remembered, too. Her own interactions with the baby. Some thought Caleb was terribly jealous, but he had nothing on what Améa had been like. Lauren had been an unwanted interruption, a child (she felt) Adele was capable of loving in ways she never would for Améa. Was this why the girl was so cruel to her? 

"I have no excuse nor any defense for any of that," Adele said quietly, her throat strangled with tight emotion. "My apologies will never be enough. I am sorry, and I hope that you see I am trying not to make mistakes I made before. I am glad you live," Adele's lips pursed, trembled as she looked upon her lost daughter. Such misery, such hurt. "I am not glad for what you have become. My fault as it may be, your father wanted so much better for you."

Lillian had taken a seat, an uncommon sign of exhaustion for her. Some thought that the woman would die standing up in a corner somewhere. She let the conversation play out, knowing it had to happen some time, and with the hurt Adele was already experiencing---what was a little more, tonight? In the grand scheme of things, this was probably best. What she wasn't expecting, however, was Alex to approach her. Especially with a drink.

"Thank you," she said softly, unscrewing the lid and sniffing the liquid within. It did smell delicious. She took a sip, and nodded with great approval. "You have a talent for this, Alexander." 

A smile creeped over his face as he saw Jezebel's response, Lorelei had awoken. Partially as her self and the other. . . A soft inhale shifted a current of air through his nostrils as his eyes locked on to the newly colored edition. So, that had been the way the change had taken inside of the girl. He wondered how much of each had been within the same soul, the risk that could overload or overwhelm. 

The moment she spoke of Lauren his eyes widened and jaw tightened slightly. Eyes drifted to Stu and Adele as they entered the room and then back towards Lorelei and Flora. This wasn't how he wanted Adele to find out, not like this or in this particular moment. And it seemed as if the flood gates ruptured within the young girl as she spoke of what weighed on her heart - the bitterness. All that had been behind her reasoning of sorts. Maybe this had been the better time more than anything? All the flooded emotions and issues being unleashed in a moment where people could be. . . Raw with one another. 

At least he didn't have to tell her and he let not a word slip from his lips that he actually some how turned up with the information himself. He'll have enough glaring targets on his back. 

A gentle nod and half bow had been give towards Lilian. "You're welcome, and I truly appreciate you saying so." The tone of his voice showed genuine tones in his voice. More akin to a doctor whom had successively assisted a patient. "Knowledge is power and I've been pushing myself in all manners of medicine and alchemy. But. . . My role is yet complete tonight." He'd been battling internally how to approach Flora, Lauren - which ever she preferred to consider herself for distance. 

He wasn't sure if there had been any unresolved issues with him personally, regardless of such he wouldn't let the possibility be a wall as he made his way towards Flora. Knelt down gently next to her as he stared at her for a moment. "Do you feel lighter now? That's a lot you were holding onto, not saying and only reacting, after all. Not really good to let that eat at you like a virus." A hand ran through his own hair for a moment as if he felt his own kind of weight. "Forgiveness isn't an easy thing, harder to ask. But even you can acknowledge that Del didn't runaway from taking responsibility. Now, with it all out, might be just time to try stitch up that wound slowly. Not the kind of thing that stops hurting. Believe me, very few will understand that kind of thing like I do."

Alexander started to stand up and crossed his arms loosely. "But sometimes you have to take that kind of road so you don't lose yourself in the bitterness that's already there. You are still well. . . Family. Means we have to help one another even with those hurts. Secrets and pains, wart and all."

Though the room appeared to be filled with shock, Lorelei was quite aware of that near hint of relief that came from Stuart while Adele's attention was fully on the girl who had caused so much grief due to the pain and bitterness she herself felt. It was something that Lorelei was keenly aware of as well, more so than before. She could feel the pain that Lauren felt, her reasons for being so angry with a family that she envied and resented both, separate from and yet forced to watch still. The teen gave Jezebel another small squeeze, before she stood smoothly from the sofa, and stepped over to hug her grandfather as well - something Stuart was only happy to receive.

Looking toward Caleb, Lorelei smiled warmly to the boy and silently ran a hand over his hair in a brief moment of affection. Not a hug, he had never been fond of receiving such from her, but a show that she had even missed him. She reached for Améa's hand and offered it a firm squeeze before lightly hugging her aunt then as well. She then looked to her grandmother, who was still reeling from shock, uncle who was seemingly trying to reach out to Lauren after having given a home made brew to Lillian, and then the older woman herself.

Stepping over to the seated Lillian, Lorelei leaned over and pressed a kiss to the top of her head, a silent 'thank you' for her aid in returning her. She then looked to those she hadn't greeted properly again yet due to their seemingly being preoccupied. Alex's words, as well as Lillian's from earlier, had made her consider something though.

"It has pained her to watch those who she felt so hurt by, caused her resentment to grow," The words were spoken softly, and she then looked to Lillian, "You spoke before of being within my family. Perhaps, that too should have applied to Lauren. Not with Grandmiere, but with the father that she should have known and grown up around. As said, he wanted much for you, and it is not as though you have remained a stranger to him, is that not true?" Her latter question was aimed toward Lauren as she offered a gentle smile, one filled with care and hope for the other girl as well.

Even so, as she spoke Lorelei stepped over behind the crouched Alex and flopped onto his back to give him a fond playful squeeze from behind, before then stepping over to Adele to hold her gently for a moment, and offer a small kiss to baby David's head. The greetings to most of those gathered done, her attention then returned to Lauren, who she stepped over and then silently pulled in to just hold. In doing so, she felt the closer kinship, the connection between the Brown and the Grey, and the reason why the Brown had heard the call. It was there, feeding the rest of the negative emotions within her, an overwhelming feeling of... isolation.

"You've been so lonely," The words were soft, almost inaudible. It was no wonder she had acted out so much against the others. To be at the edge of everything. Not one of them, not a part of truly anything.

Lillian watched with quite some interest as Alex moved toward Lauren. He was, she had to admit, far more than she had ever expected he would be. Once, she had thought to spare him the pain of a certain death, and he had grown in the face of it. Painful though it was, the boy still found a way to reach through to the others. It reminded her of someone, and not just Rheldor---though the boy was very like his father. She couldn't place it. Fascinating.

Lauren stared back at Alex, her lips set in a thin line. Why were they all defending her? Simply because she had accepted her wrongdoing? Lauren didn't know what she wanted, or what would make this right---but it wasn't done. She had been unwanted. Just an interruption to Adele's lifestyle, a rival in Améa's. Then to be made to watch as everyone began to play happy families? All in her name too, as if she had been something precious they lost when that had never been the truth. At least, this is what she believed. It was all too little, and far too late. Wise beyond her years, and yet not wise enough to fully comprehend the evolving factor of guilt and regret. 

Thus she sought to return her true family, the Brown -- a success at last, but always with that one drawback. The job was only really half done. Well enough though, she could feel that grounding thread to her equal, and knew Lei could feel it too. What had she been hoping for here? To abscond with Lei and sate her need for company? Perhaps. She hadn't thought quite that far ahead. All her efforts had been focused on simply getting to this point. 

"Family?" Lauren echoed Alex, her tone incredulous. "In what family is one loved more in her death, than in her life? I will not put myself where I was never wanted, Alexander. Perhaps you would live best if you did the same."

Lauren fumed in the center of the room, her gaze following Lorelei as she went about giving her greetings. So much care and connection, she did envy it. But to take the chance and allow herself to be thrown away again? She would not. Lauren knew how many times that had happened to Améa. She would not be the same fool. When Lei came closer, her presence was calming. The Brown had always been the gentler soul, the one to temper the Grey's fire. The one who saw through to the pain. This had always been their history. 

"Loneliness has ever been her wound," Lillian agreed, standing from her chair. "But you are yet young enough to heal." even in her exhausted state, Lillian still exuded presence and power. She put a hand to Lauren's cheek, and the girl flinched as if burned.

"What did you---Lillian!" Lauren's face was a picture of shock upon realising her access to magic had been blocked. 

"It is time you learned to be among others, not above them," said Lillian, turning to Lorelei and tipping her chin up with the crook of a finger. To Lorelei she left some of the gift, but reduced to a point where she would require assistance for her magic to be successful. Both girls needed to learn to seek help from within the family, and this was Lillian's way of ensuring it would be so. One hand moved toward Améa, and the spiked necklace shattered into pieces. Améa gasped a deep breath, as if her lungs could finally be full, and her body was returned to its normal adult state. The experience left her more weary, but thankful that Lillian had ensured her clothes grew with her. Améa leaned back against the couch and tried not to fall asleep.

Lillian turned her attention back to Lorelei and Lauren.

"In time, the two of you will become powerful beyond even your knowing. Together, you are more powerful than any two of the same blood---that bond you feel is unbreakable. Do not abuse it. You will feel as the other feels, know as the other knows, unless either one of you should choose it not to be so. But you are both yet young, and singularly determined to solve all problems in your own means, by your own hands, and without consultation. You must be children before you are women. You must gather experience before you can use power. You must learn to connect, to trust, and to love. Without that, the rest is meaningless." Lillian put her hand to Lauren's other cheek, lifting it as the girl grew taller and taller, until she was approximately the same height and build as Lorelei. Two teen girls, an abundance of trouble.

"Lorelei has a family to whom she can return, and she will. Lauren, you know well that your father loved you from the start and loves you still. Until you can approach your mother and sisters with some amount of civility and an open heart, you will live with him and your younger siblings. Both of you will attend Tallygarunga." After a moment, Lillian looked up to Adele and Jezebel, as if now seeking their approval.

"Just don't give Alan a heart attack, Mother." Adele said softly, unable to speak much above a whisper. "But if you think it best for Lauren..."

"Truthfully, Lauren. . .? All families." At least, all typically -mortal- families. "People seek the comfort of the missed, the hole that is always there and never healing. For those who feel given up on? It's a larger gash, incapable of healing. So, they fill it with. . . Something or someone." That had been the case he'd seen between the both of them. Lauren, filled with all the negative emotions fed by the other. That opening festering and becoming volatile. Himself? At one point with whimsical optimism but now. . With others. A soft chuckle escaped from him. "See, I -thought- I was unwanted. Emotions, clouding things they can be. Someone helped me to see I shouldn't judge by what I see or what I think I know. I needed another spectrum to look through.

By far, he wasn't 'unwanted' - Rather he was being offered to be spared of a painful death. To not be an echo of pain to those that were here - including his own Mother. He owed Bethianna much more for given him the chance to break his juvenile perception. 

As Lorelei swung by to give him a playful hug a gentle smile tugged at his lips, a hand rested on the top of her head which had been much taller than he remembered. Great. Now he'd have to beat boys back with five sticks, a fire, and the sound of Halloween nights playing in the background. 

Alex stood there and watched, however, as Lilian seemed to gather enough strength to walk by laying her hand in a caress on Lauren then smoothed into a motion that touched Lorelei as well. An eyebrow raised up listening to her words - it almost spoke as a proclamation. It was odd, had this been several months ago the words spoken by his Mother would have seemed like a false blanket for a woman who knew it not. At least the way he had painted her. Now he knew it was because she knew it -too- well and the effects and strength that came from it. 

Even with the pain that could radiate through it. 

"I will be at Tallygarunga until well. . . Until." He couldn't make the promise that he'd be there for 'another year'. There was no guarantee in that. "I'll be there to help you both out as best as I can. I can get you to the places but it will be up to you both to start reaching out and making those connections." Leaning forward he whispered in Lauren's ear. "Also, you're slightly wrong earlier. The moment I found out I wanted to get to know my niece, just never know how to reach out to someone who may not want to see an Uncle she never had time to care about.

At least now she wasn't given much of a choice, she had the chance to learn. To decide. His gaze shifted towards Adele and then back towards Lilian. "Considering our families uh. . . Bad talent for tact on handling peoples feelings." Not exactly in a pointed tone. "Maybe someone should go with you? At least to help ease the Headmaster and his family into that sudden earthshake. I would offer myself but. . . With all the 'air being cleared' with truths? I have to stay to. . . Make aware my own truths to those that don't know."

Reaching out to clasp Lauren's hand, Lorelei knew that her presence now was a comfort to the other and that they together could perhaps begin to heal that wound which had festered for so long. She knew that it would take more than the presence of the Brown, but that there was still time, plenty of time, to heal. It could take years, decades perhaps, but eventually she would see Lauren at peace and able to forgive. She was not the only one here who had wounds that were taking their time to heal, near everyone in this family had something. And being among one another would help them to resolve such things over the course of time.

Cutting Lauren off from her power had been somewhat expected, though Lorelei had hoped that there would be some faith that she could be trusted. Still, she was being left with some at least, she supposed, and nodded a little to Lillian's words. The block was more of an irritation than anything, though it also meant that she would not be able to go ahead with what was  being orchestrated. Not on her own, anyway. But she supposed that was the point of such an action.

But who to trust with her knowledge? She had promised not to involve Améa, and did not wish to. Nor did she want to place anyone else in her family in danger. There was little choice, however. She would need the aid of one of them, and Adele had already expressed her desire to see the end of the danger to her family. Her gaze shifted to Adele then, reaching out for the woman to look her way and see that she had knowledge, that there was something they would need to discuss away from the others. Not right now, perhaps after though.

"I imagine the middle of the night is not the most appropriate time to be arriving upon a doorstep to tell someone that the daughter he believed deceased is actually alive and... now at an older age than she should be," Lorelei commented as she glanced at Alex and Lillian. She agreed that Lauren should be with Alan, she'd suggested it after all, but he was not accustomed to just how... complicated, their family could be. Though, one would think that he was a little used to it by now, he was a simple man who lived a simple life. This would not be an easy revelation for him.

"Lei's kinda right about that. Maybe in the morning, later in the morning when it's daylight just to clarify, and I can go with you. Might make it a little easier for him to accept if I can confirm it, he already knows I've had my share of strange dealings," When it came to Adele and the blue-eyed clan, Stuart wanted to add, but felt he didn't really need to. "Besides, Adele needs us around right now too," The man reminded them, though he didn't think anyone had forgotten what else had occurred tonight. He wasn't about to run off because of another revelation in a family that had secrets that ran the length of the Earth's circumference. He was glad that the truth about Lauren was revealed, that she would be among them, going to school, having the life of a child.

Jezebel seemed in agreement as well as she settled on the sofa with a nod, her shoulders drooping from fatigue as a hand lifted to muffle a yawn.

"So what are you hiding then, Alex?" Came the question from the sleepy woman, she hadn't missed the message in his words. It seemed to be a night of coming together and opening up, but perhaps that was a good thing. It meant they were still all here with Adele, that they could support her when her thoughts returned to David and what happened to him, but also distract her from having to continuously think about it. "I'm gonna get something cooking," She decided, though wobbled as she tried to get to her feet.

"Nuh uh, I got it," Stuart interjected with a shake of his head as he lifted his hand in a 'stop' motion, "I'm still not convinced that you might not set something on fire with your cooking endeavours." He smirked as she pouted at him, knowing that she had at least improved a bit in the kitchen over the years. But all the women looked exhausted, and at least getting a meal for them was a way he could help, "Wanna give me a hand, Caleb?" He asked the boy, wondering if he felt a little left out of all that was going on too. If he didn't want to, then that was fine, otherwise, he was welcome to join him in the kitchen.

Baby David slept soundly in her arms again. She rocked him by habit, sure that at some point her mind would catch up to all these new truths. The floor had already fallen out of the world, everything was already on fire... this was fine. Lauren hated her. Yes, understandable. Her husband was dead. Why not? He was probably glad to be, too. Sollozzo was definitely targetting her weaknesses----what fun. She stared with hollow eyes, still trying to accept that this spiteful creature was her daughter

"It was not you who was unwanted," Adele mumbled. "It was me who was not suited for motherhood, and believed you better off as far from me as could be managed. But you know the thoughts that were in my head. You know the fear I lived in. You know the hate, the anger, the destruction---it wasn't aimed at you. I'm sorry that it hurt you, when all I wanted was to escape. I don't expect you'll ever forgive me, accept me, or consider me family---but you'll do well to not spin my pain into some deliberate action against your existence. Or have you already told yourself the story so many times, you believe that is how it was?" Adele's voice was soft, sad. Remembering back to where it all began, the early days with Thomas by day, and... well. Whoever by night. 

Lauren didn't respond to that, and all seemed glad when the talk turned to more practical things: like how to break the news to Alan, and when. Indeed, the middle of the night was not an ideal time to rupture someone's world, as all here knew only too well. Even Adele, who knew that Alan would be upset that any delay had been made in reuniting him with Lauren, felt that maybe it could all just wait until the morning. A few more hours of normality before another calamity was thrust upon him. Often Adele wondered if he had regrets for offering her that job almost thirteen years ago. Probably. Adele wasn't the kind of woman who left you without them. 

"That sounds like a viable strategy," Lillian said as Stuart offered his thoughts. Adele tried to wave off his concern as he mentioned her needing them around, really she just wanted to curl up into a blanket cocoon and never emerge, but that wasn't an option. How in the world was she going to raise this baby without David? All of her failures were right here in this room for her to see, Lauren's dark expression a chilling reminder of just how terrible she was at this. Jezebel was the only one that was even halfway okay, and Adele hadn't even raised her. The rock in her stomach grew, weighing her down.

She turned her head as Stuart left for the kitchen, but it was more of a robot move. Empty. Automatic. Caleb followed with a customary groan of reluctance, which likely meant that he was eager enough for an excuse to escape all of the adult drama in the living room---but wasn't overly keen on it being Stuart who had asked him. Caleb was still wary of Stuart, though not outwardly hostile. A middle-ground that few experienced. On his way through, he stopped to hug Adele at the waist, squeezing tight when her hand dropped to absently ruffle his hair. But then the baby stirred, and Adele needed both hands to settle him again. Feeling shunned, Caleb slunk into the kitchen with a sour expression on his face. His mother was upset, and it was his job to fix it. But all of these people were here, and the baby was making it more difficult.

"I imagine Lorelei's father will be eager to see her too," Lillian said, seemingly blind to Caleb's irritation as he left the room. "As will her siblings. When you are rested enough to travel, I will see you both home in time for the others to wake. Ruella would be best in her own bed too, though Lauren..." Lillian frowned. "I am sure a comfortable enough place can be found in Stuart's home, that you may get some hours rest before we see your father." 

Sleeping arrangements settled, and never did Lillian ever think she would be organising such things, she nodded to Jezebel's prompt.

"Ah. Yes, Alexander. Your news. Of course. Do share." she said this with a nod, the sort that suggested she already knew what was about to come from his lips. Her all-knowing tone one of habit, but a clue beyond it that belied the truth of Lillian. She did watch and take an interest, much as she claimed not to.

Caleb's groan caused a soft smile to curve, perhaps the kind of news he should miss but it's also something that he wasn't sure how he'd take it. Much less so than how Adele would as his hand scratched at the top of his head for a moment. A slight glance shifted towards Lillian as he sighed almost defeatedly "How come I get this strange idea that you actually know." Less of a question and more of a statement, he couldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. But would she really watch? Him? Of all people? "Well. . . As much as I don't entirely relish the kind of ideas you could potentially think up or do.

She did have a very twisted right to know, even if she hadn't been a mother she was still the one who popped him into this world. It was his bloodline that continued on. "Well, as -some- specific people know, not from my lack of trying not to let them know. . ." This time he spoke pointedly and more so towards Lorelei and Lillian. This was a harder thing to bring to peoples attention, never expecting he'd ever get the chance at life to even get into this kind of situation. "I'll just rip the band-aid off on this one, Cass is pregnant. So, I guess you can consider that the good news. Life is always good news, right?

Alexander didn't expect others to view his optimism but given the loss and revelations his news seemed much more on the brighter spectrum. "Second, I plan to go through my acceptance before the end of the year. It is not negotiable." He spoke with a firmness on that point. There officially had been too much going on that he couldn't push and hold that situation back any further without more risk being tacked on it. "After talking with. . . Someone knowledgeable on potential routes that I can take to 'better' my chances I have personally decided that what was originally a last resort no longer applies.

It hadn't escaped him the slight irony that those that had been 'lost' were 'reconstituted'. His dabbling with the tarot cards often put stock that certain fates and destiny's couldn't be avoided. For himself, he felt it was a similar case. "Considering your expertise on this particular route, Mother. . . And Bethianna's own scarred state I'm pretty much in the situation of relying on your expertise."  A hand ran through his hair for a moment as he sighed gently. "The plan is to use the Violet to help. It might actually be my only chance of legitimate survival. Considering the massive difference in a lot of factors not entirely sure what the outcome would be if the slim chance works in my favor."

A shrug formed as it felt the weight was dropped from his shoulders. "That means if I should take the more expected course? I trust you all to watch out for Cassandra." His gaze lifted to settle on Adele. "Also, Del, in front of witnesses? I relinquish that what is Father's heritage entirely to your line." The final secret, he knew. That which she had kept from him. "That isn't my path, to help others I can't be bound to them. But you? You have everything I don't that makes you excellent for that. Don't doubt that."

"You should take a seat, Grandmiere," Came Lorelei's soft and gentle voice as she watched the woman whose empty gaze seemed to simply follow the goings on around her. She was still in shock, that much was clear, and how could she not be? In one night her husband was murdered, and it was revealed that the daughter she'd believed long dead was actually the child that had tormented her on a number of occasions. Briefly leaving Lauren's side, Lorelei moved to gently grasp Adele's arm and lead her to an armchair to sit with David. She then returned to Lauren, clasped her hand once again, and led her to another sofa where they could sit, her gaze shifting to Alex once all the arrangements had been made.

Jezebel was practically falling asleep as she nestled next to Améa slightly with a small yawn after deciding that perhaps her father was right in not letting her play in the kitchen in her current state. With her sister being the same size as her, and looking almost at completely full health once more, there was a strange comfort she found in being close to her right now while they were feeling so worn out. She knew Viktor and the triplets would be thrilled to see Lorelei again, but she also knew she needed to gather a little energy back up again before she went anywhere. Though her gaze shifted to Lorelei as the girl was accused of perhaps already knowing Alex's news.

"Woah, really?" It had taken a moment for her to register the news of Cassandra's pregnancy, but then a warm smile touched her lips, "I mean, congratulations. If you're happy about it, then I'm happy for you." There was a part of her that wondered whether it was safe, for a moment. But Cass wasn't a human or wizard. What kind of child, or children, would come from Sorceraic and Fae blood? "Is she alright?"

The news of his decision about his Acceptance was perhaps to be expected though. But her brows rose as he mentioned the Violet. Was that another? Like the Brown that Lillian had mentioned, who was from a time past, but now within her daughter? How did Alex even know about all this? Jezebel didn't even know. But, if tonight had proven anything, it was that the power that came from these ones of the past was enough to do a great deal. Maybe it was the key to his surviving. She could only hope.

"I suppose there is no reason why it could not be done, as the process has been applied twice already now. And if it can ensure Uncle Xander's survival," Lorelei said softly. She wanted him to survive, to prove that it could be possible for a male to live through the acceptance. For him to be able to continue his studies into how others may be able to. She also did believe that Lillian wanted him to survive as well, as much as the woman tried to distance herself.

"Of course we'll take care of her," Jez murmured, regarding Cassandra. As it was, the girl may need them in the coming months anyway. Though she then blinked in surprise as he relinquished any claim of his father's side. She was surprised he knew yet, even though a part of her realised she shouldn't have been. Whenever it was prudent for someone to know something, often someone came along to inform them. Usually Bethianna. She knew why he had decided as well, aside from no doubt not wanting that pressure. His marriage had already placed Adele at risk, if people learned that he was also having a child? But no one knew of him over in their homeland. And it seemed he wished to keep it that way.

In the kitchen, Stuart had already broken out the eggs, spinach, cheese, tomatoes, onions, milk, and few other things. He figured some kind of omelette bake with some good energy foods would do well for the women right now, and considering it took very little time to make, and could be snacked on, it was perfect. He was already chopping up some vegetables, before he looked over to Caleb and offered a small smile to the boy.

"Help me stir up those eggs, and I'll summon some of Mary's chocolate-sauce filled chocolate cupcakes for you," Stu offered a small wink to him, the poor kid. He was already having to adjust to having a baby here, and now he was going to have to watch his mother in her heartbroken state. "I know you're gonna help your mum out, you're a good kid, Caleb. But, you know, your little brother is going to need you too. He'll need you to help your mum watch out for him. He'll be looking up to you, because you're his big brother, you're gonna be like a hero in his eyes. Need to take care of him, so that he'll think of you the same way you think of Alex."

Stuart knew that one of the first steps to making things a little easier for Adele would be to try and get Caleb to warm up a little to being a big brother, and he hoped that the boy's fondness for Alexander coupled with the fact that he had some responsibility to help his mum and baby brother, might let him think about it a bit. As the murmured continued in the living room, Stu simply went about fixing up the energy food, tossing the mix into a pan and then into the oven to bake for a short time, before indeed teleporting some cupcakes and sweets from home.

That was... news. At least to Adele. Lillian seemed to have known all this, and Améa was---likely too exhausted to even react. Lorelei had at least done her the kindness of ensuring she had a soft seat, Adele wasn't entirely sure her feet were functional now. Everything was just numb. Her mind, her body, and Alex pouring more water into a sea she was already drowning in. It wasn't his fault, and yes---the news should have been good. This was the moment where she was supposed to congratulate and be happy for him, but there was... nothing. Good things, bad things, it didn't matter now. It was all intense things. So much she couldn't find the right emotions to move forward, only a piercing ache when he said he intended to go through his acceptance before the end of the year.

Hadn't she just told him that he wasn't allowed to leave? The stabbing pain echoed through the family, like a knife to her heart. Even Lillian twitched at the sensation, only Caleb entirely unaffected. His words made it clear that he was prepared to die, or to be made into something else in the way that Lauren and Lorelei had. They didn't even know how this was truly going to affect Lei, and it clearly hadn't been good for Lauren---why would he insist on such a method? 

And then, how did he know of his birthright? Who had been feeding him this information? For all she had done to try and protect him, to keep his life normal and it had been for nothing. He was going to leave her anyway. By force or by choice, did it even matter? And why so soon? Christmas, which had once looked like a promising event with her growing family, was looking bleaker by the day. By the hour, at this point. 

"The baby should be in bed by now," Adele stood, like a ghost on shaking legs. It was all that she could muster, the low emotion-choked rasp out of her throat. Without another word, she shuffled down the hall. 

"All endings are also beginnings," Lillian broke the silence. "Congratulations are in order. But---the Violet?" she knew where this plan had stemmed, but it still left her uncomfortable. "Alexander, you speak of things that ought to be last resort. If Bethianna has chosen to release to you the soul of her true brother, that is remarkable but it should still not be your first plan." The dangers inherent in such a method were numerous, not least of all the potential to lose the self in the process. Even in the cases of Lauren and Lorelei, Lillian had strove first to bring them to their own strength before another was used.

"There is no guarantee you will require it. If it is deemed necessary, there will be time enough to intervene. And even if it was used, and a success, you understand that you may be no better off, yes?" Lillian wondered if Bethianna had even bothered to explain such things. "The Violet was born as a bucket with a leak, yet no fixing could make him hold water. He was scarce older than you are now when he perished of his emptiness," she warned. "No effort we can make will be held back if it improves your chances of survival, Alexander, but I would see the strength of your own body first." 

And so Lillian invited herself along to Alex's acceptance, as if it was something she wanted all along. Back in the kitchen, Caleb stirred eggs on the promise of cupcakes, and nodded solemnly to Stuart's words. This whole night was proving very confusing for him, he wasn't sure what to make of this sudden older sister that he had. He was glad that she wouldn't be living here, though, that would have been altogether too much for the poor boy. Caleb didn't like change. Ever. Especially when it threatened the connection he had with Adele.

The sweets arrived, and Caleb's hand dove in to take one. After all, he had been promised one, had he not? Mrs Mary did make excellent sweets, he was a tad jealous that Améa got to spend so much time being fed there. He frowned, chocolate-coated lips pursed as he considered something.

"Is Ruella still going to live with you now she is big?" he asked. "If my father did want me, would Mamiere send me away to him too?"

Alexander winced at the dagger-like feel that emitted from Adele and a sighed exhausted from him. He knew what she said, he wasn't 'allowed to leave'. He wasn't sure if she understood he was trying to make sure that he -wouldn't- leave by surviving. Leaving had never been an option but considering the state of Cassandra it was even more sealed, if it could even be more sealed. A hand weaved through his head a she shook his head trying to keep his mind from biting back that he should have kept it all inside, that no one would truly be ready for it until after everything had been said and confirmed. 

"Happy. . . Well, it wasn't entirely the plan this early. But I've never been the type to run away from my responsibility on things. So, yea, I'm pretty happy even if it means things get a bit more complicated. Means I need to be a stronger role model." It wasn't a negative thing and it wasn't as if he didn't have anyway to make sure that they could have some form of sustenance financially. It had be just another reason to make sure that he could succeed, be able to push into a position that could provide without relying on others for too long. Even more that if he were to survive then he'd already been relying on them and he understood that. "Seemingly okay. . .? She said she's been hearing voices of a girl. One of those situations where we're not sure if it's due to her blood or mines that's effecting that kind of thing. That and her magic seems a bit more off than usual. That I'm going to blame on me." The last part added as a joke to lesson the already clear tension in the room. 

"It's a potential boost but not so much an ensure, I don't think." He looked towards Lei and smiled gently. "The critical issue I've poured over had been that we're both males in spirit. My gash is no different than his, I'd ooze out as much as he. I'm going to be draining. . . Faster. Pain and the funnel of energy leaving from me. It's what makes the chances so much more slimmer. Theory I had been working with was if I had just a 'bit more energy' at that time then it might give enough to beat time."

A scary plan, one hinged on a gamble. But that was going to be the case one way or another. 

His attention shifted to Lillian a small sort of shock. That congratulation sounded more genuine than he expected it to sound. Though he allowed her to finish her advice given being careful not to interrupt her. "Yes, Auntie Bethianna is insistent on it being a last resort. Since it is her soul sibling, it is entirely her choice on when it's used even if it's my preferred first choice. The danger I surmised comes in that quick second, after the blood is purged - the opening will still be there for me." His arms lowered as he pressed them into the pocket of his sweatpants.

"From how it was explained to me I am no different and would be no different in that case. I would constantly need to be fed of sorts. At the leisure of family. More than anyone I would be the most dependent on them." He hadn't been spared that info and everything he had thought of had been at the attempt of a better chance, not that he knew if it would actually do so. Knowing even more so that dangers it could potentially face. "It was another reason why my survival is exceedingly adamant to me. I plan to work every way I can to find the solution to the fracture."

"Wait. . . 'We'?" Alexander squinted briefly at Lillian as he bit his lower lip. "What changed? You. . . All but wrote me off in that respect. You didn't even believe my body had any strength to endure in the first place. I had been going off that very reasoning on why my first choice would have been this." Now he was more confused than anything, a frown turned on his face in thought. "Either way. . . At that point I'd be at the mercy of both you and Auntie Bethianna if it comes to that point. Irony. . . As it was in the beginning so it shall be in the beginning, so they say."

Slowly he nodded. "But I also understand I won't be the 'same'. Considering my unique situation in comparison to Lei and even Lauren it could be much, much worse." It hadn't escaped him that it'd also make him 'tied' to Bethianna if it managed to get there. He had no qualms about that but he wasn't entirely sure if she did. Yet, it was her plan that ignited the idea to being something. 

Melbourne ☆ Actress, Princess, Supermum★ LilyCat

Discomfort ran through the young women as Del's pain was transmitted, and Jezebel shifted a little uncomfortably on the sofa, while Lorelei's lips pursed a little. They could understand the concern, but even Adele knew that this had to happen eventually and it wasn't going to get any easier no matter how long he waited. Jez offered a small smile of encouragement to Alex's view on the baby thing, though she considered thoughtfully over what he said about Cassandra.

"The woman who did carry me before I was born was a wizard, and her energy was quite difficult to maintain. I am unsure how Auntie Cass will go, though being she is also a creature of great energy, and can gather it from nature, she may fair better. I am curious as to what your children shall be like, aside from obviously girls," Lorelei chimed in quietly, her own expression reflecting that curiosity.

"Either way, you've got family around who are willing to help. I'm sure that Cassandra's aunt will as much as she can, too," Jezebel added with a nod, her gaze shifting off to watch her mother leave the room. She wanted to go after her, but the exhaustion made her feel too sluggish. And... just maybe, Del might want a moment to herself with so much going on. No doubt it would be overwhelming the woman, all the news, the discoveries, everything piled on top of what had happened earlier tonight. She sighed as she thought for a time. Adele shouldn't be staying here alone, perhaps Stuart might be able to convince her to go to his place for a couple days with the boys.

"You know it's no trouble for us to help sustain you," The women then added, having been part listening to Alex and Lillian's conversation. "In time, you might discover a way to better hold your energy in, as you said. But you've got lots of family around who can lend you some here and there."

Lorelei nodded in agreement, simply listening for the most part now, while also keeping a mental eye on Adele and how she was doing.

In the kitchen, Stuart was aware of Adele wandering down the hallway as he checked on the bake while also talking to Caleb, smirking a little at the kid's enjoyment of Mary's treats. There wasn't really anyone who didn't love them. He considered Caleb's questions, though was surprised he'd asked about Améa, since she'd been staying with Stuart since before she'd been made young as well - it had been a part of her healing process. Though he wondered if Caleb quite understood that. Rather than tackling that question right, away, he decided to go for the one that clearly bothered the boy more, taking a seat near him so he was down at the same level as the boy.

"Let me tell you something, Caleb. In the years long before you were born, I met your mum and spent quite a bit of time with her. As much as she never wanted to show it, she was a very frightened woman, also a very lonely one. Because of that, when she first had children, she was scared, and she made mistakes that she's still trying to make up for," The man said, nodding gently, remembering back to those days for a moment, before looking at Caleb again.

"That's why, when she had you, your mother wanted very much to be the best mum she could for you. She wanted you to be happy, and to feel loved. Sure, she was still a bit scared, but she fought that fear because she loves you. If your father suddenly decides he wants you back, no way she would give you up," The man smiled warmly at the boy, "You're her Caley, you made her want to be a better mum for you and your sisters and brother." Stuart gave a nod then, before ruffling the boy's hair lightly, "That's why you don't ever need to worry about anyone coming between you. She has enough love for all of you, but her connection with you won't ever change, mate. Now, you should go give her a big hug, I think she just went to put your brother in his crib."

Narragyambie Guest

"Nothing is that wasn't before," Lillian answered Alex with her customary riddle-like manner. "Your continued existence defies all expectation, and if it is your will that you take this risk, you are yet the most hopeful of candidates. Even were you not, do you truly think I would diminish your chances of success by not assisting?" Lillian raised both her brows. Bethianna was indeed fearsome at full strength, but so too was Lillian. More would always be better, it was simply the way of it. "Quite the contrary. In fact, I should like to resume my search for Millea in the hope that she --or one of her kin--may join with us. If we must resort to your plan, perhaps an assemblage of the five other bloods with improve the results."

He was right. Lillian hadn't believed he would be strong enough. Even before he was born, she had accepted it. Yet, he continued on with a determination that surprised her. It was nice to feel that she could still be wrong about these things, and it seemed to be the will of the world that Alexander be among them. What power or right had she to act otherwise? In his will to live, he had proven to her as well that he would not go quietly. That there was a spark here that she could take a chance on, invest time in, something that wasn't certain to fail and leave her heartbroken.

Already she was beginning to regret having not had faith in Alexander from the beginning, but----would he have been the same under her guidance? She doubted that very much. Even at her best, Lillian was more matriarch than mother, and the unconditional love of his mortal father had done more for Alexander's wellbeing than her interference could have. There was no disputing the evidence: those who grew up outside of the influence of herself had better lives.

Lillian's gaze remained on Alex for a long moment, her expression difficult to read. She seemed to be lost in her own thoughts, in a time centuries ago, only the smallest hint of a sad smile on her lips. 

"Should it come to that," she said softly. "You are a worthy successor to the Violet. His time was brief, but his effect was eternal."

Améa shifted her position, startling a little when she remembered that her body was quite a bit bigger than she had become used to. As she sleepily sank back into place, she nodded.

"What is must be done, we do," she said, her means of promising whatever energy Alex required to survive. "Violet tragedy in still learning for to support. We are knowing. We are more, weaker than Five, but more. We are knowing to how support Alexander. It be done for until it can't." as always, exhaustion jumbled her English and her tongue tripped over the words. She would never fully understand the confusing structure of the language, Améa was certain it changed daily. Whenever she spoke there always seemed to be someone confused or amused by how she ordered her words. Just another reason not to speak.

Caleb listened to Stuart with a solemn frown. There was a world around him that he didn't understand, was not part of, that Adele sheltered him from and yet he knew about it. He knew  that she had denied him the chance to go through acceptance, and he wasn't sure how to feel about that. It meant there would always be a level on which his sisters could bond with Adele that he never would, and that was difficult to comprehend. Especially when to his mind, all the blood meant was that he would live longer and be more powerful. Why hadn't she wanted that for him, too?

But that was a wound for another day. Caleb turned on bare feet, and thundered down the hallway after Adele, doing as he was bid and wrapping her in a hug as tight as his arms could squeeze. Another ache pulsed through the family. A deep sorrow, a desperation, clinging to a lifeline---and at the same time, so full of love. Enough to make Lauren recoil in bitter envy. 

"What is it he has the rest of us did not?" she snapped, her tone sour. Lillian turned quietly, and fixed her gaze on Lauren.

"He stayed with her," was the answer, the quiet and heartbreaking truth. "And he loved her at her worst."

Alexander's gaze shifted towards Lorelei for a moment as he blinked several times. It made sense that it'd be a female that would be such a. . . Siphon. Yet, that wasn't what caught is ear. "You went plural. . ." There were certain things he'd yet to know, how many had been one of them. 'Children' and 'Girls' - the two stuck out to him as he muttered under his breath slightly. "More than one. . .?" His hand rubbed the back of his neck slightly. "Well, see there is one small. . . Issue and rub still. . ." Something that had been concealed but not necessarily by his whims. 

What he was about to say was kicked out of his mind by Lillian's own statement. It was that shocking to him that he actually paused for a moment, speechless. A once in a lifetime occurrence for someone like Alexander. "I'll be honest, I didn't know what to expect. Not showing up was pretty high on the list." A sigh accompanied by a shrug exuded. Though his mouth dropped agape once more as an extension of some form of plan had been designed. "That of the Gold. . .?" As well as his Mother's soul sibling, in every way a much more 'technical' Aunt to him than Bethianna. The woman's description to him sounded as if she were Xena, redeemed. Just never having the need to be redeemed. "If you do manage to find her, even if she doesn't agree I'd at least be satisfied with that outcome.

He still wanted good things for Lillian, meeting that other half of her that had gone missing - if his situation could spur such an outcome he was alright. If only to bring less pain to the woman in her long years.  

A grin formed on his lips as he winked towards Jez. "As if any of you would ever take 'no, don't' as an answer. I thought I was annoyingly invasive but you all make me look like a puppy next to a hyper dog." At least he had managed to find that humor within him again. It was getting easier as he tried to inject more of it into a serious situation, at least it wasn't one of his 'I am almost dead' jokes. 

"I. . . Thank you, Mother. If it does comes to that I would be more than honored to be joined with him. He sounds like a good sort, someone that deserves another chance at a longer life.

Améa's voice pierced through as it drew his attention and a smile curved on his lips out of being genuinely touched. She was often quiet and he knew if it garnered her to actually speak it meant that it was extremely important to her. He also understood her well. "An extreme blessing, one that I don't take for granted. I couldn't think of better people whom I would want to be around to lean on." Yes, he included every single person in that room - no - in that household. Whether they were in the immediate room or not. Going as far as to extend it to Lillian and even the distant Lauren. 

Another shockwave of emotions streaked through and he held his hand to his chest for a moment. As long as he had been around everyone it still was an odd sensation and soul rocking when such surges occurred. "The bonds of people are. . . Stronger in the darkest of times. In the direst of times with need it draws people closer, faster and stronger. Especially to the people who are willing to understand." That, at least, had been how he drew closer to a couple of people. "A lot of pain is around. In time? Hopefully we'll be able to mend those hurts.

Thinking on his own personal bond his eyes shifted for a moment between everyone. "Right, the rub! Cass is still kind of heavily in the dark about well. . . A  lot. And considering the now direct effect it has on her? I think it's only fair she is given a proper understanding. She hasn't pushed at all in wanting to know, has respected that wish entirely. Even when she didn't like the wall that had to be put up about it.

This was his way of getting a form of 'Permission' of sorts, even if he didn't know much himself the little he did know would help to bring the young woman into understanding about the past few months. Along with the effects of her body.

Lorelei said nothing in regard to Alex's questions over how many lives Cass may be carrying within her, but rather she simply listened to the goings on. Much of it largely didn't involve her, aside from obviously being willing to support and help Alexander out as much as she could as well. She wasn't certain yet just how limited Lillian had made her powers, but she now had to rethink the plan she'd been making for being rid of Thomas Sollozzo for good. Now she had to seek out assistance, but Adele neede at least a little time to grieve, to come to terms with what had happened.

And so the teen was silent as she contemplated, though her gaze shifted toward the kitchen as she smelled the egg and vegetable pie that was cooking, suddenly feeling very hungry. Of course though, she hadn't eaten in such a long time, it made sense that she would feel so hungry now. She nodded at Améa's words, understanding what the woman meant, and considered Alex's own.

"It seems fair, being that Auntie Cass is a part of the family, not only through Uncle Xander, but also those that she now carries. I am unsure if we know how the magic of the Sorceraic and that of the Fae would react either, whether they will fight as our blood does with mortal, or combine due to such similarities in the nature of magic and beings," Lorelei's gaze then shifted to Lillian, "It is not my decision to make though." She was curious as to what Lillian thought of the situation as well.

Jezebel was almost asleep, though trying to pay attention as much as possible, though her gaze lifted as Stuart stepped out of the kitchen with a tray. There were cups and a pot of tea, as well as a large plate with cut squares of the egg and vegetable pie, as well as smaller plates. He smiled around at everyone gathered, though there was a tiredness in his gaze. Slipping a piece onto a plate and getting a knife and fork, as well as a napkin, he offered them to Lillian first, while Lorelei helped herself quickly to a piece. The man then handed out a plate each to Jezebel and Améa, before offering some to Lauren and Alex as well.

"Adele can't stay alone," Jezebel said after taking a small bite. "It's going to be rough looking after both the boys while also trying to deal with David's absence."

"I'm sure something can be worked out. I don't mind staying on the couch here for a few days or so, or she and the boys can come to my place. Alternatively, Mum would probably stay over and help take care of things, unless you were planning on doing that, Lils," The man looked over at Lillian with a raised brow. He didn't really think that she would jump at the opportunity to pick up the maternal caregiving type role, but one never knew.

Lillian's tight smile suggested there was more to the story of Millea than she was telling, but as usual---she didn't tell it. For her to not know the location of the Gold meant the situation was very broken between them, something that Lauren and Lorelei were now experiencing. She turned her head to one side, glad for the diversion of Stuart arriving with food, and the discussion turned again to the matter of Cassandra. Another situation in which Lillian did not have all the answers.

"I have no direct experience in the interaction of our blood with Fae," she said. "The others may know more. I will see what I can find. In the mean time, you would be well worth seeking Bethianna to ensure all are stable," she nodded to Alex, taking the offered food as delicately as if she were the queen of England. Lillian herself was technically not a healer, or at least not in the highly developed sense that Bethianna was. She could mend and she could sooth, she could act when it was necessary, but there were subtleties that she'd never been able to grasp. Lillian knew well enough when to let another step in.

"In many ways, the decision is not mine either," Lillian rested the plate in her hands, but didn't eat yet. "Every other we let know, is yet one more that may expose us. Excuse my frankness, Stuart, but the world is not kind to that which is unfamiliar. Nor does it take kindly to that which is powerful. The crime of difference carries a sentence of isolation through fear, prejudice and discrimination. Ever have we strove to fit among what is known and comfortable for that reason, lest our fate follow the darkened paths known to the others of less human blood." 

Not that Lillian was worried for herself, but her family of as-yet undeveloped ability and still within the mortal lifetime were another thing. They would not have the ability to escape and to live free as she would, and once mortals had an enemy in sight they were bloody-minded about its eradication. Lillian didn't doubt that there were weaknesses she had, points she was not aware of that would be found soon enough by anyone who wished to stop her.

"Seek Aellra's permission, and soothe her concerns. She will be the most difficult to convince that Cassandra ought to know. If she should accept, then I see no further obstacle to the truth," this seemed fair enough. Though convincing Adele was going to take a lot

And then----Stuart spoke. Lillian's expression fell to a stunned blank. What had he called her? Lils. She wasn't sure how to process this. The shortening was very familiar in nature, and in her long life there had been very few nicknames that any had used. Though, Lillian had not always been her name, either. Certainly no one had ever called her Lils. Now she understood why Bethianna made that face whenever she was called Anna, or worse, Betty. 

"I don't believe my presence would help," Lillian shook her head, once recovered. "Nor is her trust in me sufficient to allow me to try. The best use of my time is in locating Millea, and watching over Rheldor---that at least Alexander should have a good chance of survival, and Aellra lose no one else in the near future."

A gaze shifted between Lillian and then to Lorelei both tight lipped in their own way about his prodding question or insinuation. Figured, the two could be considered similar in their own scary way.  He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck not seeking to push further where he'd get nothing. 

"Right, Auntie Bethianna might know more due to her role as a Healer. Even if she doesn't have that immediate knowledge her expertise is still top notch." He'd already attributed his own ability to stand for the last few years hadn't just been due to her pulsing energy through him. Rather, the unique style of her knowledge made it much more effective - knowing the when and amount necessary. "I'll try to contact her tomorrow - after things seem a bit more stable here." That was unless the woman already knew and had been making her own preparations. He could never fully read those that were far beyond years as if they were myths and legends themselves. 

It hadn't escaped his notice that Lorelei once again mentioned 'Those' a question he deeply wanted to continue to prod.

"Oomph. . .  The mountain given to the worm as a trial. " Alex had tried once and failed, miserably. He wasn't sure of his chances now, even more so with a legitimate killer aiming to harm them unless he could get Adele. Maybe even -as- he gets the woman to prevent anyone from getting any ideas. "Hrm. . ." Something Lillian had stated caught his mind for a moment, the fear of prejudice and persecution. Maybe the way to convince his sister had not been to appeal to the familial bond alone but also the fact she was in as much of the situation as they were in many ways. 

For now that kind of necessary talk could wait. There had been enough weight pushing momentum in this moment. 

"Survival is a really good plan. I'm on board with that." He hadn't seen his Father, Rheldor since he had left to go on his trip. Truthfully, he wasn't sure how he'd react to his 'denouncement' of the line. Something that he'd at least need to tell the man in person. "I can stay the night, I'll let Cass know I will be so she isn't going crazy with worry or something. I usually don't sleep much anyways. Of all the times for me to leave Sapphire at home too.

The thought crossed his mind to turn away the food, the lack of hunger had already grown for him. But he also respected that Stu put the effort and care to try and nourish everyone and so he took the vegetable pie and placed it gingerly on the napkin and started to sit down on the floor and against the wall. It was always a much more comfortable position for him. 

A hand rummaged through his backpack, at least he managed to bring one thing - a deck of Tarot Cards. He found that they had been much closer to him of late, closer than Sapphire. Saddened revelation of how serious he had grown to taken to his own survival to himself.  "Make sure you let all your worrying rosies that you're staying. Don't want to keep people up late at night wondering."  He took a bite from the pie with one hand while the other started to put several cards faced down. 

Lorelei was quiet as she observed Lillian at the woman's silence over the search for her sister. She was of a greater understanding of the connection between the twins now that she could feel the bond first hand, and did not quite understand how Lillian could have 'lost' her own sister. No doubt there was much that the woman wasn't telling them, or didn't want to tell them. She simply ate her food, however, while her mother nibbled a little at hers. Her lips twitched in a moment of amusement when Lillian froze slightly at the nickname that Stuart had given her, turning her face downward just a fraction in order to cover the mirth. However, as she considered all that had occurred, and all that had yet to be done, a presence made itself known at the edge of her mind.

The girl's head lifted, an expression of curiosity in her features as her gaze turned toward the door. Jezebel, in her near passed-out state, felt it as well, and her sleepy blue gaze shifted as a frown plucked at her lips, as though unsure if she was certain of what she was sensing, the feeling of those who were searching for something or someone. Those of the blood would sense it, their own, but something more. Though that link of their blood they could also sense one not of theirs.

"It's appears you shall not be in need of contacting Cassandra," Came Lorelei's voice, before she ate the last bite of her pie and then stood to step toward the door. Upon opening it, she curiously watched the young redhead as she stepped inside as though sleepwalking, in her underwear and a short singlet no less. Her eyes were not the usual bright green and gold rings, but that of bright green, turquoise and a deep familiar blue as they appeared to search the room, studying each person until they stopped on Alex, and then they closed and the young woman could have been sleeping standing up as she swayed on her feet. "She walked all the way here," The teen mused as she noticed the bare feet, scrapes that were healing quickly on them.

"Is she awake...?" Came Jezebel's own concerned voice, it was strange to sense someone who wasn't their own so strongly, but soon the link appeared to weaken as the life inside of the redhead appeared content with their destination and almost seemed to go back to sleep. Almost instantly, the woman in question appeared to stir and jolted straight up when she almost toppled over.

"Huh, wha-...?" Cassandra blinked a few times, dazed, though her eyes had returned to their normal colour, and she stared at the room like a deer stuck in headlights. "I... how even...?" She frowned a little and wrapped her arms around herself as she looked around. This was definitely Adele's house, and now her bedroom at home where she'd fallen asleep. How had she got here? And why was everyone else here? She recalled dreaming about death, her parents, pain and despair, and then suddenly felt herself surrounded by unconditional love and protection. Right now though, it was taking a lot not to just freak out. And something else at the edge of her mind, "Something happened." She said, as though she already knew somehow.

"I would say that seeking Bethianna's advice in the near future is certainly a good idea," Came Lorelei's statement as she plucked a coat from the rack near the door and placed it over Cass' shoulders. "They appear to be wanderers, and seem to attract friends..." She glanced behind her through the still opened door, where there were a number of animals sat out the front yard, watching Cassandra until Lei shut the door.

"I'm lost over what just happened, but I'm pretty sure all these things can wait til at least the morning. We should get Jez and Améa to their beds, Lorelei home, and Lauren can stay at my place til the morning," Stuart said, ruffling a hand through his hair, before looking to Cass, "Are you feeling alright?"

"I'm fine," The young woman shook her head, a frown on her features as she still tried to make sense of things, "I can get home easily... or stay and help out. If there's any way that I can with whatever it is that's going on. Sorry, I really don't know what I'm doing here, didn't mean to barge in."

Narragyambie Guest

"Goodness me," Lillian's bemused tone came through upturned lips. Perhaps she should have considered such a possibility, one mind was challenge enough to get used to and to resist when needed, but two? Lillian had been there and she knew the fight well, though not from the disadvantaged state that Cassandra was in. Lillian had always been, would always be, the stronger one. It would definitely be interesting to see what unfolded in the matters of blood and magic here, Lillian had been truthful in that part---she truly didn't know how the mix would react. 

"Many things have happened this night," she nodded to Cassandra. "Aellra grieves a husband murdered and is processing a daughter returned. Alexander has offered to stay that she not be alone, will you be staying also?" as she spoke, Lillian moved about the room, placing a hand first to Jezebel's shoulder and then Améa's, a fresh burst of energy filling each as it drained from her own reserves. Enough to see them safely to bed, and seemingly ignorant of the developing grey streaks that highlighted her hair with every expenditure of additional energy. 

"I will see Jezebel and Lorelei home, if you would attend to Ruella and Lauren?" she asked Stuart with a raised eyebrow. It was possible that she simply didn't have the ability to do both, or at least, not in this moment. Lillian turned to Alex, briefly glancing down the hallway in Adele's direction before she spoke. "If you should need anything I can provide," she said with a shrug, knowing the chances were minimal. "I wish you well."

And with that, she beckoned for Jezebel and Lorelei to follow her outside into the cool night, ready to depart for home and a well-deserved rest.