Améa Nedvidek

Invite Something Happened

Narragyambie Guest
25* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Améa sat bolt-upright in bed, a hand clutched at her chest. The jolt of pain had been sudden, complete, a piercing of the soul that took the breath from her lungs in an instant. She swung her legs out of bed, jumping down to the floor before she could even fully recover. The worst had come and gone, but left a trail of agony to its distant source. Something had happened.

Awkward, uneven footsteps clattered down the hall as she raced without her usual grace down to the far bedroom. There was so little she could do, and yet she still felt it all. How was this fair? What use was there in being the watcher, the keeper, if she could not act? But even were she not forcibly limited, this was difficult in and of itself. She had not the relationship to confront this agony, but she knew who did.

"Mr Stuart!" she shouted, banging with both hands flat on his bedroom door. "Mr Stuart!" 

Without ceremony, she slammed the door open, not caring if the house heard the bang or herself as she sprinted to the side of his bed. In her panic, she noticed not whether he was awake, pushing roughly at his shoulder in her effort to rouse him. 

"Mr Stuart! Mr---Father! I am need you, mamiere is need you!" she said, words tripping over themselves in her haste to speak. The sharpness of Adele's sudden pain still echoed in her heart, twisting uncomfortably with each passing second. Améa had felt this before, but nowhere near so intense. She continued to push at Stuart's shoulder, so desperate in her effort to wake him she didn't realise if he already was. "Please. Nothing is I am can do, she is pain. You is help? Please you is help."

Ministry Head ☆ Australian Minister of Magic, Co-Owner: The Drunken Roo, Owner: Victoria Magical & Native Wildlife Park★ LilyCat
51 year old Pureblood Human ☆ He/Him

Stuart wasn't entirely certain what he was dreaming of when his door barged open. It didn't take much shaking, yelling, or anything to have the man bolting upright in his bed while he listened to the child, settling a strong comforting hand on her head for a moment with a concerned expression on his features. He didn't need to question Améa's statements, he knew very well that her family were inhuman, that they were connected in a way that he would never truly understand. No doubt that Jez and her children all felt it as well, especially if it had Améa as frantic as this.

"Alright, let's go," Within moments of having been woken, the man was out of bed in his long pj bottoms, shoving his feet into a pair of moccasins as he scooped Améa up easily and ran through the house, snatching his wand to tuck into his pocket, and broom up from beside the door. Setting the girl in front of him, the man then took off. They zoomed through the air, much faster than he'd be allowed in a car, and able to shortcut straight to Adele's house.

Landing on the porch, Stuart looked for signs of anyone awake. Améa's sheer reaction also made him quite unwilling to knock and wait for an answer either, and so the man tested the door as soon as they touched down, allowing his broom to drop to the ground while he picked Améa up on his hip once again. If locked, then magic would easily unlock it, and he'd enter in a hurry, Améa held tightly, partly for directions in case there was no response.

"Del! Where are you?!"

Narragyambie Guest

The house was unlocked and the lights were on, which suggested Adele was home. Inside, everything was as you would expect for a small family with a newborn. Tiny clothes hung all over the place, soft toys on the floor. Caleb's things had migrated to his room, at his absolute insistence. He did not want "that thing" touching his stuff, the worst of his jealous side coming out with this latest intrusion in his life. Not being connected to the family as Améa was, presumably he was still in bed asleep. A bouncer on the floor and a rug on the couch indicated that Adele herself had probably fallen asleep while rocking the baby, but neither were there now.

As the bitter wind picked up, it blew in from the back of the house. An open door. Améa, who clung tight to Stuart, pointed in the direction of the gust. Adele was definitely here, she could feel it. Stronger and stronger with every step. The house backed on to a large yard, and then bushland. David had taken the ugly tin fence down, replacing it with a smaller wire fence to better see what they could of the creek. It was possible to see the gentle running water from the back door. 

No answer came to Stuart's call. Adele stood, just out of hearing range. A sillhouette against moonlit water, past the fence and standing by the creek. As they got closer, they could see she was in some manner of trouble. Dressed in shorts and a t-shirt far too light for the weather, she sobbed and tried to scream---but her voice was already worn down. Cradled against her, the baby cried, too. That was at least a good sign. 

Améa tapped Stuart's shoulder, a touch more relaxed now they had eyes on Adele. The closer they went the more Adele's distress seared her mind, and it was beyond unbearable already. 

"I am no help for this," she said, dropping to the ground. "I am see if Caleb well, Mamiere I is leave to you." 

She didn't wait for an answer, merely sprinted back toward the house. Améa had never been able to deal with other people's emotions well, least of all her mother---who seemed to have so many of them. It troubled her deeply that Adele was wandering aimlessly up and down the bank of the creek, with no shoes and minimal clothing, in the middle of the night. All she could do was bring someone here who could help. Stuart would be able to fix this, in that she had faith.

Ministry Head ☆ Australian Minister of Magic, Co-Owner: The Drunken Roo, Owner: Victoria Magical & Native Wildlife Park★ LilyCat

The man followed the directions pointed out by the girl he held close, a near panic running through him, and yet even so he had not missed that moment where she had called him by the term 'father', and before Améa could run off, he turned to her and leaned down to press a kiss to the top of her head. He needn't say anything, not right now, but the look he spared her would show how much it had meant to him to hear that word, to have her trust and faith in him. Letting her go, the man watched her slip inside, before quickly making his way toward Adele.

"Del," Stuart's voice was soft as he neared, hearing both her and the baby crying caused the concern that had welled up to increase. What was more was the absence of someone else who should have been here, making sure that they were alright. "What's happened?" He asked, carefully stepping closer until he could place a hand on her shoulder, stop her pacing and gently try to turn her toward him.

"Where's Dave?" The question was important, even if it may have a negative effect, the man had a feeling that her current state had something to do with her husband. Where was he? Why wasn't he here to try and calm her, to take care of her? Stuart was here, he always would be to help her, but there shouldn't be a need for him. She had Dave to take care of her, right?

Tally Staff ☆ Tallygarunga Librarian★ Sadrienne
40* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

The baby wouldn't stop crying. She didn't even know what to do with it right now. Holding the poor thing was as much as she could handle, nothing else felt real. The world had suddenly caved in, turned to jelly, or simply vanished around her. Adele wasn't aware of anyone outside of the baby in her arms until Stuart's hand touched her shoulder, and she turned to face him. She was a mess. An outright, unattractive mess. Puffy face and red eyes, hair dull and her eyes had lost some of their depth. She hadn't been like this yesterday. Or even a few hours ago. By all accounts, it hadn't been long since she was playing with the baby on the floor of the living-room. 

"He's," Adele choked on the answer. "He's been killed."

Saying the words aloud made it all crash down on her again. How had Adrian maintained any sort of calm when he told her? Adele couldn't imagine having to do what Adrian was doing now. Contacting each member of the family. Delivering the news over, and over. Still the baby cried. It was like it also knew. Not just that Adele was hurting, but that his father was gone forever. 

"He went to spend the day with Adrian and. I didn't know he didn't get there." the words stammered out awkwardly. "And then someone found him. And. Adrian doesn't know how or, the police won't say yet." A fresh burst of sobs shook her. Stuart had brought her a little way back to reality, but she still felt washed away with all of it. She didn't even think to question why he was here at such a time of night.

The news was like a punch to the gut. Even if he'd been unhappy about Dave having left Adele last year, the man had been doing everything he could to make up for it and Del had been happier this year than Stuart had seen her be in a long time. He took a moment to process, and then nodded, allowing his features to remain blank, offering Adele the strength she needed right now, that she appeared to be sapped of.

"Let's get you back to the house," Were the first words from the man, an arm shifting around her shoulders to gently lead her and the baby back toward the house. Them both standing out here wasn't going to do any good for anyone, regardless of their invulnerability to the elements. He didn't take her inside, though, instead stopping at the patio and gently directing her into a chair, before stepping just inside and grabbing a blanket off the back of the couch. Returning back out, he draped it over her shoulders and wrapped it around her and the baby, and then he crouched in front of her.

"I'm so sorry, Del," The words were earnest as he peered up at her. He offered his hands out, "Do you want me to hold him for a moment?" Meaning her son. In her state, she and the baby were going to just continue to play off one another's emotions. At the least, he might be able to calm the infant until he fell asleep, and then hand him back. Even so, his mind worked quickly.

"There's already Aurors on the case?" Stuart asked, "There should have been at least one following David. There's supposed to be some guarding you and your family still." He would need to make a call, see if there was anyone who hadn't checked in the past day. Could this be Sollozzo's work? It seemed the only conclusion that Stuart could think of.

Adele allowed herself to be moved. Even if she hadn't wanted to, she didn't have the strength to put up any sort of a fight. She walked back with as little concern as she'd had on the way out, no thought given to sharp rocks and prickles that tore the underside of her feet. It was all so... irrelevant right now. The cold, the pain, none of it mattered. She couldn't feel it. The blanket that Stuart draped over her felt very unnecessary, but again---she couldn't lift a hand to shrug it off or refuse it.

"I guess that's how they knew so fast," she said. Every horrible thought had been going through her head since she got the news. The cause hadn't even been given yet. Every manner of terrible natural, accidental, or intentional death played on her mind. How long had he been gone, and no one knew? Had he been afraid? Had he been hurt? The mention of the guard made her squirm again, the worst of the worst possibilities: this was her fault. Sollozzo had used David to target her.

"But you know how he was about it. Didn't think that it applied to him, he---liked to give them the slip," even the best Aurors struggled to keep up with Dave. How many times had he laughed about it being ridiculous? That he felt sorry for whoever was charged to watch him for the day, because mowing the lawns was fascinating to watch. That he wasn't important enough to be guarded like that. She knew as well that it had made him uncomfortable to feel watched, it made her uncomfortable too. 

She allowed Stuart to take the baby, or perhaps just didn't protest when he tried. It was a relief of sorts. Not much, but for a moment she could not feel troubled about what to do with the screaming child. 

"I should have known, I should have known, I should have known," she mumbled quietly. "It was all too good to stay."

The man watched on solemnly, knowing what shock did to people, knowing that Adele likely barely even felt the blanket that was draped over her, the way he'd tried to direct her steps so that she walked mostly on grass, trying to avoid the rocks. He also knew that she would be blaming herself for this. Even if Sollozzo wasn't involved, she would find a way to make it her fault, that she didn't deserve to be happy. It was a trait he'd noticed had followed from mother to daughter, one that needed to be proven wrong. And yet, the world appeared to ever work to try and prove otherwise.

Stuart easily picked the infant up and began to rock soothingly, his own calm demeanour causing the fussing to gradually slow down and then cease. Adele's tension could be felt enough by him, the child would be even more aware of it, if the rest of her family were anything to go by. He already could hear more voices from the front door. Jezebel, no doubt, knowing as keenly as Améa that something was amiss.

"You couldn't have known, Adele. Things have been quiet for months, no one's seen or heard anything out of the ordinary, there was no way to tell if or when something might happen. And this could be something completely unrelated to the events from earlier in the year, we don't know yet," The man's voice remained calm, soothing as he could manage. They couldn't jump to conclusions, not yet, despite the  more obvious ones that seemed to stand out. Sollozzo coming out of hiding meant they would all need to be on their toes again.

"I'll see what I can do to find out what I can. But for the time being you're going to need to be extra cautious," The man sat down in the chair beside hers, offering back the infant now that he had managed to get it to sleep. He then shifted the chair closer and wrapped an arm around Del, tugging her over to lean against him while he rubbed her arm. He could do little more right now than be a support.

Shock was starting to numb her whole system now. It was fortunate in a way, it blocked out the worst of the grief and gave her broken voice a break from screaming. She was aware enough that when the baby was handed back to her, he'd started to shiver---present enough to curl the blankets around and hold the baby tighter against her chest for warmth. He wasn't particularly fussy. He was rather boring for the most part, if Adele was completely honest. How did something so little, exhaust her by doing... not very much at all? 

She nodded as Stuart spoke, but all the words sounded foreign. His arm was around her, and that was really all she understood. Someone was here. It wasn't Dave. Dave was gone. Properly. Forever. He hadn't just walked out the door, or decided to leave. He had been taken from her. Whatever happened next, the whys and the hows, didn't really matter. None of it made a damn difference. He was gone.

And with him, every shred of security she'd built around herself. Every brick of her happy family life, crumbled into dust. David had been the foundation, the support that held it all together. Without him, what would become of her? Adele knew the most likely answer. It had happened time and time again, while she pretended she didn't care. Happiness had only just become normal. This was the cost of allowing yourself to have that life. This was the punishment. 

"Adrian is---going to organise everything," she said. "Doesn't want me to worry. With the baby." it was more his way of coping than anything, which was fine by her. She didn't want to accept the truth still, let alone organise funeral arrangements or deal with law enforcement just yet. There was so much already that she hadn't done, and now she didn't have David's input to help. 

Her lips pressed together as she held back a large sob. It grew in her chest until it escaped by force, making her heave and gasp for air.

"We didn't. Even." she stammered. "Name our boy. Yet."

At least she was aware enough to take care of the baby, numb or not. That was good. It meant that Adele was still with the world, that she did care about making sure her infant was alright, that he was warm. Stuart knew all too well that it would be easy for Adele to fall back into old patterns, to wall herself up and shut out anyone that could potentially hurt her if they got too close, if she let herself care too much. But, at the same time, he also knew that the years of experience had also taught her some things, that the loss of emotional connection with Améa still made Del aware of being there for her children still.

This, right now, it would hurt her, almost so painful that she would want to retreat. Stuart had faith that she could weather it though. She just needed to take it one day at a time, and remember that she had the support of others around her.

"That's good. It'll take some of the pressure off you. You need to take care of yourself and the kids. Does Caleb know? Améa's inside checking on him, I think I hear Jez too," Stuart murmured quietly, "You know we'll help you as much as we can with things. You're not alone, Del. I promised you almost a year ago, remember? I'm not going anywhere. Anything you need, I'll do my best to help." He nodded gently. It was the best he could do, really. At the mention of the boy's name, it almost seemed rather obvious to him, and his voice was tentative as he spoke.

"I think David would be a good name for him. After all, that little man in your arms is a piece of you both. You can see his father right there, he didn't leave you with nothing."

"Caley's asleep. I can't imagine he'll be too displeased," oh at least someone was going to be happy about this turn of events. Nothing they had done had helped Caleb accept David as part of his life, and now it seemed that might almost be a good thing. Now that he mentioned it, she could hear movement in the house. And for the first time she wondered why Stuart was here. Obviously he hadn't just decided to drop in for a coffee.

"Call him David?" Adele winced visibly. "To what end? So that when I have to watch him fade away, I can feel this way again?" and yet, the suggestion was good. She knew it was. It didn't seem right to not call him David either. But could she bear it? In her minds' eye she could already see the boy growing older, looking more and more like his father. Could she look at him, call him that name, and not feel her soul tearing apart? 

Stuart was right, though. Their son would be David's most lasting legacy. As fragile and mortal as his father, and unlike her other children---she had loved him desperately from the first. She had been able to. Even Caleb, who she had spoiled in many respects, she had not felt this immediate connection with. In truth, she had insisted on Caleb having Kellan's surname not to strengthen the bond between father and son, but to make it easier when she broke her own ties with him. Almost until the moment Kellan left, Adele had been on the edge of doing the same. 

Looking down at the baby's sleeping face, Adele sniffed back tears.

"I'm just going to have to love you twice as much while you're here with me," she murmured. "My little David. I'll never let you go." the last dropped to a whisper, almost air. Améa, who had been standing in the doorway long enough to get a handle on what was happening, stepped out of her silence.

"Mamiere you are cold and you are bleeding," she said brusquely. "You will come inside now. Caleb has woken."

"I don't imagine that he's going to exactly be happy that you're so sad, either. He might not like to share, but he's not heartless," Stuart had caught a glimpse of the look on Caleb's face when things had taken a bad turn at the Unwedding. The boy was never fond of Lorelei, but even he'd been shaken up to see her in such a state. Having to tell him that someone was dead wasn't something he looked forward to. He certainly knew that Del wouldn't want to have to keep repeating it. He was silent as she questioned his suggestion for a name though, understanding those initial thoughts, but also knowing that it was perhaps the best way to remember David.

The entrance of Améa, who might look like a child, but certainly didn't act like one unless under duress, caused Stuart to nod a little. He leaned down and picked Adele up into his arms in order to take her and the baby back inside, not giving the woman a chance to argue the point. There, he set her down on the sofa, before offering a nod to Jezebel, who was already making hot drinks, a serious expression on her features. There'd been fewer smiles since earlier in the year, right now she looked almost angry.

"Right," Stu sighed and reached for his phone, "I guess I should find out what I can..." He began, unsure what else he could really do aside from just keep Adele company or break the news to the others, though he had the distinct feeling that Améa and Jez may have already worked it out.

"I am sorry, Grandmiere," A ghostly voice filled the air within a moment, and a chill ran down Stuart's spine, while Jezebel froze in place, stuck with shock as she picked up the presence on the bare edge of her senses. "It is unacceptable, what happened."

Again, Adele could not protest when Stuart picked her up whole and brought her inside. Shock had rendered her numb and cold, but through that a deep well of fear was beginning to boil. She had always known she would outlive David, but even then she'd expected more time. After all they had been through to be happy, it didn't seem fair that he was taken away without warning and so soon after their reconciliation. He had promised her. Promised her years and decades and more. He had promised that the boys would live well into their elderly years too, which---was clearly something he had no right to guarantee. Her sons, her father, Alexander -- they were mortal. The stupidest things could be their last.

Adele swallowed, reaching for a small journal beside the couch. She took a moment to scrawl a quick note, tears dripping down off her cheeks and onto the soft paper. They weren't allowed to leave her. Not now. She wouldn't let them. Caleb was standing sullen in the doorway, and she looked up to beckon him in closer.

"Come here, baby," she said. Caleb didn't like being near the baby, but right now Adele wanted to have both her sons here where she could see them. Hold them tight. Protect them, maybe in the way she should have protected Dave. Caleb advanced, snuggling himself in under her free arm, careful not to let any of himself touch his brother. She kissed the top of his head, soothed by his nearness.

Améa, as usual, had moved toward practical endeavours. A small basin of warm water, a cloth, she sat down and began washing the dirt free of Adele's feet. Had she access to her own magic, it would have been simpler---but this was all she could do. The cuts were thin and light, enough to bleed a little and sting in the soapy water, but nothing to be concerned about. Jezebel was good with feelings, she could deal with that. 

The voice was---Adele froze too, looking about to catch a glimpse of what she could not be hearing. 

"L--Lorelei?" she asked, flicking a glance toward Stuart and then Jezebel to be sure she wasn't dreaming it. Gods, but this would be a good time to lose her sanity. 

Melbourne ☆ Actress, Princess, Supermum★ LilyCat

The voice - it seemed - was too much for Stuart to deal with, given the mood of the night already. He simply looked to Jez and lifted his phone to indicate that he was going to make some calls, and the woman stared blankly at him a moment, before then nodding somewhat and looking to the coffee she'd made, and then around them, much in the same fashion as Adele. This, she hadn't expected, and her own chest hurt even more, on top of what she could feel coming from Adele. She didn't want to question, she couldn't. She was glad that Adele had been the one to ask.

"It is I," Came the simple answer, and Jezebel swallowed the lump in her throat. There were so many things she wanted to ask, to know. Why was Lorelei speaking to them? How was she? Had she been around all this time? Aware? "Please do not be upset, Mamiere. You all would have only been troubled if you knew I was in this manner of existence," The girl answered her questions without Jezebl even having to ask, and it was all the young woman could do not to break down.

Instead, she focused on her job. She finished preparing the coffee and hot chocolates and set the tray down on the table in the living room, before sitting beside Adele, next to the baby.

"You've... been aware, this whole time?" Jez asked quietly, a hand moving to her mother's shoulder to rub gently. 

"I have. I have seen what's been happening, what has happened, but too late. If I'd known sooner... I was trying to keep watch for danger to you, and I failed. I am sorry," The forlorn tone of the voice seemed to only add to the atmosphere.

It was not a scene Adele had ever expected in her life. To grieve for a man she truly loved, and be comforted by her children. It had the workings of a sappy novel, the kind she hid in the bottom drawer of her desk, and definitely didn't read. Yet, here they were. All bar Lauren, of course, and she knew well enough by now that this was Améa's way of helping. The thought brought her to more tears. Lorelei's words pulled more at the gaping hole in her chest, she didn't understand. Couldn't understand. She had been aware, able to speak with them, and not? The way that Lorelei so easily wrote off their concerns as trying not to trouble them, Adele knew the taste of those words. It was exactly the sort of thing Lillian would say and do. What hand did her mother have in this?

"We would be comforted just to know you are among us," Adele replied, unable to hide the injured tone in her voice. "Instead we could only guess. You only changed the manner of trouble we felt," Adele knew she shouldn't be so harsh. If it was at Lillian's direction, Lorelei wasn't entirely to blame. Lillian had a habit of being very convincing in her arguments. It was possible that the poor girl really did believe she was doing the right thing, but in this moment all Adele could feel was utter pain. 

"None of this is yours to prevent, you failed no one," she added in a soft mutter. "Humans pass, it was an inevitable fact."

Perhaps Adrian had affairs here under control, but there were others she would need to attend to. Complications of home. Traditions that served no purpose but to make her life difficult, though she tried to remove them the council was most insistent. Adele knew her position was precarious. It always had been, without a husband it was even more so. A large part of the reason she hadn't officially ended her marriage to Thomas was due to that. So long as he was legally her husband, the council had no grounds to claim she was (again) violating the marriage clause.

Then David had come back, and everything changed. She'd made the effort, had him recognised as her legal husband. For once it hadn't been purely about maintaining her tenuous grip on the throne. Now... gods, what now? She would be allowed a mourning period, but after that, she would need to find a solution. Before someone took it upon themselves to look deeper into her connections here in Narragyambie, and discovered Alex and his wife.

There was silence from Jezebel as she listened to her daughter speaking to them, as though this were some kind of bad dream. Not that she didn't want to know Lorelei was well. . . but this was far from well, wasn't it? Still, she could hear the difference in her voice, there was a maturity there that didn't belong to a child. Her eldest had always been a bit different, no doubt due to her early days with Lillian, but this was different again. And she could here the inflection of age, it wasn't a child's voice the spoke, more like a young woman. She grit her teeth and closed her eyes, her hand still rubbing comfortingly at Adele's shoulder.

"It was never mine intent to harm. I am sorry," Came the soft voice, and Jez shook her head gently in response.

"At least we know you're... here, or alright... as alright as could be, I guess," Honestly, Jez didn't know whether this was alright. It didn't feel alright to her. None of it. Everything felt like it would disappear and return to normal the moment someone opened their eyes. Just depended on whose bad dream this was, really. She agreed that it was hardly Lorelei's fault what had happened though, and was able to voice her agreement, but her daughter spoke first.

"This was far from a natural occurrence, Grandmiere. It was an attack, aimed to hurt you where you would be most vulnerable," Jez's hand squeezed at Adele's shoulder as she stared at the drinks on the table, and then at her mother and the baby she held. Part of her wanted to know how Lorelei could be so sure of this, but another part was afraid to know. "I must awake, before more harm can be done."

"An attack."

The words were so empty. Adele had too much emotion to fill them, more than she could fit so instead she gave it none. It was true. She didn't question how Lorelei knew, or what the girl had seen, that---that she would agonise over later. Now she felt her body turn inside out, accutely aware that she had brought this upon herself. Thomas had found her weak point once again. Once this proved that he would still not get what he wanted, where would he stop? The baby squirmed in her arms, sensing her distress again---and fear throbbed fast in the back of her throat. She felt sick.

"Do you know where he is?" she asked, her voice shaking. "The one who did this?"

Adele was not a fighter. She wasn't a violent person. But if she found Thomas, if she got lucky---perhaps she would be able to spare the rest of her family some pain. Perhaps she would be able to stop him from targetting her sons, or torturing the girls. And her---Adele breathed in sharply. Her father. Rheldor had expressed a desire to see the world as muggles did, so for a laugh---she and Dave had packed him off on a Contiki tour of the world with a camera and several rolls of film. He was loving it, she could tell that from the pictures he sent back. He hadn't yet mastered the selfie, but he was trying. He had managed to get a pretty good picture of himself holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Wherever he was in the world, he was in danger. Her body shook.

"Where is he?" she hissed the words between her teeth. "There is only one way this ends---tell me where he is. It ends tonight."

There was a dangerous light in her eyes as she stood, passing the baby down to Jezebel. Her body trembled with anger and fear, so full with it that she couldn't help but pace around the room, impatient for the answer. If she didn't get it soon, she would go anyway. 

Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Alexander had been ignorant to what had been going on - the extent of what the issue was. Only left with the very awkward message from Adele that prompted him to get out of bed quite haphazardly. Hair drawn back into a ponytail and several strands out of places from it, the clothing he'd worn had been more akin to pajamas with tossed on shoes. A bland green T-Shirt and jet black sweatpants had been the choice of his wear, the only excuse that he could ever give that'd be viable other than 'I was sleeping' would be 'I decided to go for a jog at night'. 

Getting to Adele's house he had to take another approach entirely, especially at night. Magic was out of the question even the use of magical transportation and so he opted to borrow the car. A benefit at least that he had been learning just in case of emergencies where he needed to be there - even if it had been only for moral support. It seemed he'd been saved the need to knock on the door as it had been ajar and the lights flicked on signaling that she had still be awake and not left sleeping. The expectation of the atmosphere being heavy was already anticipated with the critical 'David's Gone'. Yet, he couldn't prepare himself for how truly thick it had been. To the point that he could swear the taste lingered literally at the edge of his tongue. 

"Practically the whole gang is here." He spoke softly with his usual friendly manner yet the tone of it had been more cautious than soothing. There had been a landmine here that much was for sure but he wasn't privy to the full extent of that 'mines' damage. The way that his sister paced about the room, like a ticking timer that was going to be pushed to its limit uncertainly. "Woah, woah. . . Del, you need to breathe. Not sit down but take in some air. " Overwhelming, for some reason there had been an overwhelming sensation and tingle in the air. Strangely enough the words 'What happened?' never left his lips, no, there was no need to prod that bear. Not when he had been trying to get to her senses.  

The baby hadn't gone unnoticed either - there he was in all of the glory that was birth. 

Jezebel had picked up on the change even before she had her arms ready for Del to set little baby David into them. She inhaled deeply as she gently rocked her brother, settling him after Adele's tension had worked him up a little again. Should it have felt odd that she had a brother who was younger than her own children? It was a silly question, but one that felt more sane and stabilising for her than thinking about her own daughter's disembodied voice telling them that it was a pointed attack, as though she knew exactly what had happened.

"That might not be the best idea right now. He's probably hoping you'll come after him," Jezebel said softly. There was a reason Adele and Améa both feared him, he clearly wasn't a man to mess with. Hell, even as much as Jezebel wanted to tear a piece from him for all the things that had happened, for her own daughter's current state. She knew that going after him right now would be like walking into a trap.

"I do not know his exact location, but he has not left the country," Lorelei's own way of letting Adele know that Rheldor wasn't in any danger. He was probably the safest of them all right now. "His crimes shall not go unanswered either," The voice said solemnly, before all eyes turned to the next arrival. Jez blinked at Alex, before then realising that was who Adele must have written to. It made sense. She lifted her free hand to offer a half wave, hoping that perhaps he would be able to settle Adele enough to keep her from trying to scour the country for Sollozzo.

"Mamiere, could you summon my body, please? I think I should like to try and wake since we are all here."

Before Jez could even respond, however, Stuart returned. The stony expression on his features as he glowered at his phone, said more than enough, but the then lifted his head and tried to push away some of the tension in his features, though anything he had to say was paused as he took in the atmosphere, his brow furrowing further.

"I almost get the feeling that you already know what I've found out," The man mused as he watched Adele's furious pacing, before offering Alex a small nod in greeting.

So her father was safe, but that didn't mean the rest were out of danger. At this point, it didn't matter a bit to her if it was a trap, all she had to do was find him and then get lucky enough to strike first. That was all she would need, right? With this level of anger it felt possible. She shifted from one foot to the other, agitated. What could he do to her, anyway? What could he do to her specifically that she wouldn't survive? So long as the boys were safe, what the heck did it matter? If she walked into a trap and didn't succeed, then he would have what he wanted. There wouldn't be any more need to go chasing down the rest of her nearest and dearest.

It would be worth it. Adele knew that. He could keep her captive and inflict all the pain he wanted, and as long as the boys got to live in peace it would be worth it. 

Though she had expected Alex to arrive, she looked at him with a slightly blank expression, as if to question what he was doing here. Her lips trembled, trying to form the words to tell him what was going on. She was too angry, too hurt, too everything to explain. 

"Mamiere's David is dead," Améa explained, unblinking. "Thomas Sollozzo has murdered him in vengeance." 

It was all very odd to hear from such a small child, especially in the even factual way that Améa tended to speak. That David was dead didn't seem to phase her, it was Adele's reaction that had been her cause for concern. The rest was just... details to her. It was hardly a surprise, either. More a surprise that this attack hadn't come earlier, and in the back of her mind Améa also made plans to prevent future troubles. 

Adele nodded, confirming it for Alex. Stuart was back too, and it didn't look like he was about to contradict what Lorelei had said. She couldn't---she had to do something. Trap or no trap, she was the one Sollozzo wanted. She knew a few places she could look, there had to be clues. Somewhere. She would find them. Adele launched herself for the door, making it halfway down the hall before she was suddenly stopped.

"Goodness gracious, such recklessness," sighed Flora, walking herself in ever-so calmly. Adele was frozen, suspended in the air a few feet away from Flora's raised hand. To those who could see, a thin trail of light connected the two, and as Flora advanced, Adele's suspended form was pushed back into the livingroom. "Do you forget yourself, Aellra? You hesitate to swat a fly, you truly think yourself able to take a human life?" the laughter that pealed out of Flora's mouth was sickly sweet. She didn't bother to lower Adele to the ground, just let her drop onto the carpet.

"And Ruella dear, would you care to tell the rest why you do not contain the requisite energy to bring Lorelei back to her body?" Flora leaned in. "You let the dhampir drink, silly girl. To try with so little would... well, luckily it just so happens that Lillian and I formed a secondary plan." Flora looked pleased with herself. A little too pleased perhaps. As if she had been expecting some catastrophic level of failure on Améa's part. "We could always wait for Ruella to rebuild what energy she lost, but if you are intent on returning to your body tonight Lorelei, we have a way."

Améa hung her head low, and Adele didn't like the sound of any of this.

"Is it safe?" she muttered.

"Quite. Guaranteed to succeed, and with a fraction of what our original plan would have required. All in all, I would have said it was the better plan." Flora added lightly. "Ought I call for Lillian?"

A greeting wave had been given towards Stu and Jez as they seemed to try and gather up their own thoughts. 

It had been made with greater clarification as his attention shifted away from Adele towards Améa - in her childlike form. That still unsettled his nerves but the news had been more than enough to shake him out of that thought. "Oh. . ." He spoke out near breathlessly, he hadn't spent much time with the man and knew that Caleb held no love for him. It didn't end with him either as far as those that 'approved' - yet Alex did. If that made his older sister happy? If she was confident enough that he was going to stay and stick it out? Then he had been willing to give that good faith.  But this was far beyond what he expected. 

This was a much different scenario than he had been used to where murder and this misconception of a need for vengeance caused a tragedy. "Del, you should probably get some t-." Before he could even fully finish the sentence she'd already been in flight towards the door. The feeling his stomach had dropped into a pit only dug deeper inside as the scene unfolded. Adele suspended within the air while a small child and her hand extended towards her gave the impression it was by her will that it ha done so. Whom the child was had not been pushed from his mind and he began to bite the lower portion of his lip.  

"Well, isn't it nice to see you too, Flora. . ." Alex spoke with a wary hesitation, not sure how he was to approach her anymore. How guarded was he to be? He didn't intend to give her full leeway yet her mocking sound and voice made it difficult to keep the other facts that he'd been privy to inline enough to not be somewhat spiteful. A hand rose up to his forehead as he began to rub at it as if a headache had started to form. 

Just hearing the sound of his Mother's name made his ears burn and a sigh exhausted. "Of course she has another plan. . . Doesn't she always? I'd be surprised if she didn't have contingency for her contingencies." But what the plan exactly had been escaped him. His eyes drifted between Adele, Améa, and Jezebel with his hand descending to the back of his neck. "Definitely the call of all three of you. Best I can give right now is moral support." A gentle smile coursed along his face as he tried keep up higher spirits opting to refuse the potential for his irritation to spike from having both Flora and Lillian both in the room. 

He'd much prefer to have Bethianna - yet he had the feeling he'd be one of the only ones up for that plan. The minority.  

"What is this particular 'better plan' anyways?"

Jezebel continued to rock the baby in her arms, calming him so that he might go back to sleep, though as he chewed on his fist she realised he might be hungry and she looked up in time to see that Adele was already beginning to storm out before she could mention this to the other woman. It seemed though that she wasn't to get very far. Within moments, Jez blinked as her mother floated backwards into the room, followed by the ever well-timed Flora, who appeared to have got the older woman in her magical grasp, before releasing it and letting her drop to the floor. Stu moved to assist Del to stand again, a grimace on his features at the appearance of the girl.

"She is quite correct, Grandmiere. And not only that, but you have children who need you to be their mother, not a martyr," A light scolding reverberated through the air, a small hint of anger within the words, and Jez made her way to Adele with the baby in her arms.

"I think he's hungry," The young woman said quietly to her mother. Perhaps that would distract her at least for a moment, from trying to run off into whatever trap or situation lay in wait. At least everyone it seemed - aside from Adele herself - agreed that it was not a good idea for her to go running off. She had other responsibilities, reasons that she had to allow someone else to handle things, no matter how much she hated it.

What she didn't like was the expression on Flora's features, or the tone of voice, as she spoke of herself and Lillian knowing of a way to hasten Lorelei's awakening. A brief glance was given to Améa at the revelation that she had been allowing Vladimir to feed, unhappiness in her gaze, but she shifted her attention back to the girl in consideration of what she was proposing. She didn't like the sound of it. Nor did she like the idea that Lorelei seemed to have, that she should be protecting their family. It was all wrong. Lei was still young, she should be the one being protected.

"I know of what you speak, and had already expected that it would be a suggestion should things not go according to plan. As my aunt and uncle decided to forget the importance of their duty, it seems I am left with little choice. You know well that I must awake so that I am able to put plans into motion, to prevent more harm," Lorelei's voice didn't sound like a child's, it sounded a mixture of tired and annoyed. "So be it. Summon Lillian if she is not already listening. Mamiere, if you would please summon my body."

"And here I thought I was supposed to be making the big decisions, being the mother," Jezebel murmured, sadness within her voice and defeat in her countenance as she lifted a hand toward the sofa, and soon Lorelei's form shimmered into view, perfectly still, hands clasped together at her chest. She looked stunning in this form, at this age. It was unfair how much of her youth she'd lost.

"I was never truly a child, Mamiere. You know this. I was happy to play the part, but my role is to ensure that the other children are allowed to enjoy their youth, to make sure our family will be safe to enjoy their lives. It ever has been this way," The words were soft, almost apologetic, compared to the crispness in her voice when she'd addressed Flora moments earlier.

"Ever the dramatic one, Flora," Lillian faded into view, a few steps behind Adele. "You know well enough that had all gone to perfect plan, Ruella's capacity was simply not enough to hold what we would need. One might almost think you engineered this first plan to punish her. Of all present, the most ideal for containing such an incredible amount would be you, and yet I don't see that you offered yourself. Odd that you should not volunteer to endure the agonising discomfort of such an abundance, nor did you step in to advise Ruella in her ignorant mistake. You had such means and knowledge, you did nothing to avert it. Your childish vendettas have no place here, Flora." Lillian's voice was cool, and unnerving. 

Of course, neither had Lillian stepped in. She saw no point when the first plan was certain to fail. Améa could have been entirely consumed by the energy she carried, and it still would not have been enough. A little let out would do no harm, and for what the contingency plan required, it would be more than enough. Flora was making theatrics out of foregone conclusions, fashioning guilt to puncture Améa's heart. She wasn't so brazen as to directly disobey Lillian, however, and stood back, chastised.

"You are yet a child, Lorelei," added Lillian. "As is your mother, your grandmother, and Flora also. It is not a part to be played, but a natural order. If you feel your gifts give you reason to rise above your mother's guidance, perhaps it is better that you were limited. There is much you can yet learn in the protection of your family, it is not yet your duty to protect them." Lillian's words clicked over her tongue. The family was a shambles. There were mistakes she didn't wish to see happen again, and slowly she could see Lorelei falling toward them. Améa had taken on her role too soon, and it had damaged her. Flora had divorced herself from all things family, and the result was not what Lillian had intended.

In the meantime, Adele had taken hold of her son and was trying to stop herself from shaking. He needed to be fed, but at the same time she wasn't sure if she was even allowed to move from this place. When the attention directed toward Lorelei's body, she slipped into the kitchen to prepare a bottle. 

"The damage is healed well," Lillian said. "All that remains is to return Lorelei within. Such a feat takes more than even I can muster alone, in times past there were more of us to call upon. To make up the difference, I sought a source of power from one lost to time. It will give us enough to attach soul to body, if you consent," Lillian spoke mostly to Lorelei though she knew the girl had an understanding of what the plan was anyway. 

"Otherwise, it will be a matter of waiting. I could not confidently proceed without at least one other of my generation to assist. Bethianna yet bleeds from the tear sustained during the event, and my efforts to locate Millea have been in vain. My preference is not to use this manner, but I understand there is a matter of urgency. I leave the choice in your hands."

It only take Alexander -now- to realize the disembodied voice that filled the room. A soft wince as the tip of his fingers pressed against his forehead in slight discomfort from the 'sensitivity' of his sixth-sense. It was familiar in more ways than one - much more apparent than it had been in the past few months. In those months the presence seemed to purposefully avoid his detection through the cards. Yet, now, he didn't seem to need it what so ever. "Lei. . .? Wait. . . That was you this entire time?" His question vague, yet aimed towards her factor of his 'slower than usual' burn. 

How much did she know then that he'd been keeping in the locker? That much he'd have to find out later, the secrets of his own he harbored weren't the focus that she should give his attention over towards. "Glad you're okayish." His usual calming and doting tone offered regardless. 

Lilian's arrival caused his lightened expression to dim. Not from lack of trying to keep it from doing so - the conversation he and Bethianna held regarding his Mother and her 'experiences' had been what made it a fragment easier. Even the next words seemed less manufactured, slightly more genuine."It is. . . Nice to see you as well, Mother." It wasn't as stinging bad as he'd have expected. Nor did he expect it to mean much to her, not as he had been. The way she'd reprimanded both Flora and Lei gave a somewhat Matriarchal appeal to her. That much he admitted to himself. 

"Of course, the original plan was a gag at the expense of feelings. And me with my Morton for this moment." If no one knew? He was very salty about that factor, that Flora would use -their- family as a means to play her dislike of Adele or whomever else may have been in the crossfire. That Lilian would sit buy clearly knowingly that it was the case and let it bubble over to this point. The following words unhinged him, it wasn't just the way it had been described as much as it had been with each description of it he grew more aware of what the potential 'plan' could be. 

He chewed on his lower lip. "Ah, yea I see. . ." If it hadn't been for the woman he had dubbed his 'Aunt' a surrogate mother of sorts he'd have no clue of where it would have been going. At this point he had no right to Judge, no matter how uncomfortable he was with it. It was something that had been considered as a solution for his own issue, after all. At least with Lei? It'd have a much better chance. "I guess, all I can really do is say. . . If that's the route you want to go, Lei? I'll. . . Support it."

Eyes drifted toward the chastised Flora, before Jezebel's countenance grew more tired and weary from the entire exchange. Of course she would give them all hope with a plan that was bound to fail from the beginning, only to show up later and rub it in. Why should they have expected anything less?She decided to shift her attention from the girl and Adele who was vanishing into the kitchen, almost wishing she could do the same. But Jez wasn't going to leave her daughter's side with all the talk of back up plans and requiring an outside source of power in order to return the girl to her body. She sat down on the sofa, beside Lorelei's head, her hand gently smoothing the girl's hair.

"What was me, Uncle Xander?" It was as though the voice had reverted to childlike innocence with the question, despite the undertone that she knew very well what he was talking about. She did go silent at Lillian's reprimand, however, before a quiet, "Yes. You are quite correct, Great-Grandmiere. I'm sorry, Mamiere." Came the voice, genuine in her regret for speaking out of line and assuming that she knew better than her own mother. Jezebel simply shook her head a little as she continued to stroke her daughter's hair.

"So, this is just borrowing power from another to help her return to her body? Is there anything else I should know?" Jezebel asked quietly, looking to Lillian for a moment. She had a feeling there was a bit more to it than just that. But if Lorelei knew something about Sollozzo's attacks, if there was some plan in the works to ensure the family's safety, to ensure no one else died, then maybe this had to be done? She didn't know. And she didn't like that her own daughter was so keenly aware of such terrible things, or had been planning something.

"To infuse soul back to body, the source shall be fused within as well," Came the explanation from the disembodied voice, gentle and quiet. Stuart had already stepped out again, following Adele to the kitchen because once again this was all over his head. Jezebel appeared uncomfortable with the small explanation, but Lorelei spoke once again, "I will still be myself. I will simply be... more, I suppose. But yes, if this is the only way I can wake now, then I consent."