Sturt ☆ Fifth Year Kirupachi
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

It was an early Sunday morning in Australia. The sun peeked down onto the Earth's surface past the few clouds that bothered trying to shroud it - the blistering heat was making itself known through the quiet Spring day, letting everyone know Summer was just around the corner. It served as a good warning for one Chloe Stewart, certainly, as she didn't bother to dress in her school uniform that day, nor take a jacket along - linen pants, sleeveless shirts and sandals were the way to go. Outside of a mostly empty small messenger bag, she didn't seem to carry much on her either. All she aimed to do that day was to walk home, sit at her workstation, and airbrush her figures until sundown.

As she left the campus, her phone buzzed and she retrieved it from her rather large pants' pocket. It was a newsletter report of a couple brand new master grade kit reveals from across the pond, and her eyes found themselves glued to the small screen. Her pace slowed but she didn't bother looking where she was going that much as the images of assembled kits revealed themselves, and she could feel her inner child be overwhelmed with glee at the potential new toys. She wondered if she could pre-order them; regardless, the seemed to be announced to come out just before the end of the year. Maybe she could grab them on site during the break trip? Provided her parents didn't object to the detour too much, of course.

It took her a few minutes to unglue her gaze from the screen - and when she did, she realized she wasn't entirely aware of where she was. "Hm?" She clicked the button on the side of the screen, shutting it down, and pocketed the device. Looking around, she realized she was still in Tallygarunga's immediate vicinity; albeit in a quite green portion of it, as if in a pronounced rift from the main road. "At least I'm not too lost..." She mumbled to herself in her native language. She felt relatively safe despite detour, and didn't think she'd turn into chyme anytime soon.

As she looked around she noticed a little pathway that was more colorful than the rest of the surroundings, covered with snapdragons that really drew in attention; and it seemed to lead into a fenced cottage that looked like a Herbologist's paradise. Curiosity took precedence and her feet found themselves drawn to it, and as she got closer, she managed to make out a warning sign sitting on the fence protecting that lodging.

'DO NOT ENTER -- CARNIVOROUS PLANTS'

Any person with half an ounce of self preservation would take a hint, turn tail and leave; Chloe, however, wasn't such a person. Instead her curiosity enlarged. Good thing she was minimally careful - it wasn't her first rodeo with plants of the sort, and she was aware of safety distances. Standing just inside of that memorized 'safety zone', the Sturt peered at the greenery in hopes of seeing a thing or two whose existence she was unaware of. Her concentration was such that she would be entirely oblivious to any immediate approach, or someone watching her from a distance.

Ministry Shio
28 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ She/Her

The garden was strangely quiet. No insects disturbed the air but for a few bees lazily humming through the furthest corner, keeping noticeably distant from the rest of the garden. No birds fed on the ripe berries dripping from the branches of what appeared to be a blackberry bush. There were a number of plants that an expert would identify as not native to the country; nightshade, hemlock, foxglove, and yew. But there were also more innocuous herbs like parsley, bay, and rosemary. 

Honeysuckle grew around the eaves of the veranda, nodding in the warm summer breeze. Daffodils, and snapdragons edged the rough path leading to the bungalow door. A whisper ran through the blooms, rustling their petals. A cluster of delphinium blooms grew just to the right of the steps, the petals dripping with water. 

‘Keep staring so, and your eyes will pop out.’ With a rustle, Rue stood up, the green of her dress having temporarily hidden her from view behind the honeysuckle. She gave the delphinium an affectionate tap with her fingertips before wandering down the garden and leaning over the fence, smiling like a contented cat.

‘You’re a little lost, my dear. What is it you’re looking for?’

"Hm?"

Despite Chloe's complete distraction as she let her gaze be enraptured by the myriad of flora past the fence, she didn't seem at all jumpy at the sudden auditory intrusion. Instead, she straightened her posture and glanced towards the source of the vaguely familiar voice. She nodded in acknowledgement as the tease went right over her head - instead, she wondered if there was any plant present that produced such a chemical or magic to that effect. After having attended so many Herbology classes over the years, she could say that sort of thing existing actually made sense.

"Good morning." She greeted. "I'm not lost. I just took a wrong turn at some point, and I figured I might as well appreciate the view." She had all the time in the world anyway - not like her mother would smack her over the head for talking to someone. Knowing her, she'd throw a party instead - that sort of thing certainly catered to her wishes.

"Am I intruding?" She asked, almost ready to strap a rocket to her back and leave in case she was causing a disturbance. "I wasn't aware this was all yours. But then again, that doesn't surprise me in the least." She didn't mean it as an insult, looking honestly curious about all the variety contained in such a small space.

Ministry Shio
28 year old Halfbreed Fairy ☆ She/Her

Rue’s smile widened at Chloe’s appreciation of her garden, unlatching the gate and stepping aside to hold it open. She was a little nonplussed at the girl’s apparent familiarity with her tastes, given she found her choice in plants unsurprising - had she attended class? She honestly couldn’t recall. Ah well. Interesting that she’d made an impression from one substitute lesson though. 

‘Why don’t you come and have a look around? Just don’t touch any plants you don’t recognise, and keep your distance from the snapdragons. I had to charm them after too many people squashed the poor things.’ 

The gate was attached to a spring rope, so it would close the moment Chloe stepped through. Inside the garden the air was a little cooler, more akin to a delicate Mediterranean afternoon than a blazing Australian summer. Nevertheless Rue still fanned her face with a folding fan to keep the heat at bay, her long dress thankfully of light cotton. 

‘Can I offer you a drink?’ She lifted a glass jug from a small table on the balcony. It was filled with lemon cordial and ice, moisture beading on the surface. 

Much like the one before her, Chloe couldn't exactly recall Rue's name, or anything of the sort; she remembered her face from Herbology classes, even if just a handful of lessons - if that, at all. She wasn't one to memorize such things, but instead she knew what to expect from the people she worked with at one point or another. Adapting to them was the best way to breed progress, after all.

Being invited inside surprised her. It didn't take much for her to accept the offer - she wasn't in a hurry anyway, and it would be rude to turn down the offer. "Thank you." After the smallest of polite bows with her head on reflex, she followed the instructions and stepped in past the opened gate.

A silent sigh of relief escaped her lips as the temperature seemed to cool down, even if just barely, as she walked in. It was still uncomfortable, but at least she wouldn't have to worry about sweating through her clothes before she even made it out of the school premises. There was a very long walk ahead of her after all, and she wanted to make it as painless as possible.

"Mm? Sure. If that's alright." She responded almost automatically to the beverage offer. As she waited for it to be served, her gaze kept on carefully inspecting the various plant life inhabiting the garden just like a few moments before, although now in much closer proximity. "How come I didn't know of this place? How long has it been here for?" Knowing her luck, it's always been there and she only happened to walk past it that one time. Just like she had told Tyson the other day, she really needed to go out more...