School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC
Sign in to follow this  
Sadrienne

Profile updates, and more fun to come!

★ Admin ☆ Tinkerer of Things That Shouldn't Be Tinkered★ Sadrienne
Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

Oh my gosh, guys! Where is all the time going!

Can you believe that on the 17th of November, Tally will officially have been back for one whole year?

Our success is, as always, due to the love that you guys put into the site. None of the staff would ever be as inspired to make things happen as we are, without your support. You guys make everything so worthwhile, even the moments I spend screaming at code.

Which is what I have been doing tonight, and FINALLY I am glad to say that automatic birthdates now work!

In fact, a few changes have been made to the character profiles. Because of this, I would love-love-love it if you could all go and make sure that the information in your profiles is correct! Especially check the blood status and species fields. 

A look at the changes to the profile form.

First thing you'll notice, is a new, cleaner layout for the profile form. We've aimed to highlight what is necessary to submit your character, and what is just for fun. Have a look and let us know what you think!

The next thing you'll probably notice is that the date of birth section has changed. Rather than being a date input field, or a text line (for characters born before 1901), all characters can now submit their full date of birth using the separate birth day, month, and year fields.

8da7481d6505f8405c85ee1f31aa1a72.png

There's also a nifty "true birthdate unknown" toggle. This is for---surprise surprise---characters who either don't know their exact birthdate, or like to pretend it's something else (coughAdelecough). When this is set to "true" (as above) an asterisk will appear next to your character's age. 

But why change the birthdate system? So you don't have to keep updating your character's age, of course! The profile sheet will now calculate your character's age based on the birthdate you've supplied, compared to the current date. 

What about the ages that display on posts?

I'm glad you asked. The information that appears in the top of your in-character posts is now linked to your character profile. Every time you edit your character profile to change the date of birth, occupation, or other details -- it will automatically update the information in the character account. So you only ever need to update your character profile sheet!

Other fun things to come

I know a few of you are curious as to when the board-wide plot fun is going to start. At the moment we're holding off on really stepping up the action until we have a sufficient level of characters active and established for it to begin. 

Although the plot will have aspects that impact characters, it won't take away from the plots that you're creating for yourselves. It's not designed to take over your roleplay, more enhance it with a few curveballs. We're still looking for a few of the roles on the list that would be very useful in making things happen, so give us a nudge if you'd like to volunteer.

We're also looking at bringing in a bit more in the way of IC/OOC shenanigans. I've reached out to a few of you in search of ideas, and some of the suggestions have included:

• IC watch-along (where everyone watches the same video at once and comments in character)
  • Discord RP events
  • Thread Bingo (an OOC challenge to fill a monthly bingo card by starting and completing particular types of threads)

We're always looking for more awesome things to do, so if you've got an idea---let us know! You can post a reply to this topic, create a new suggestion topic, or contact any of the staff over Discord. 

Finally

I always love feedback when I post announcements, so please. If there's anything I've talked about in this post that you've got ideas, comments, questions about -- please post! And please post below to let us know if you've updated your character profiles. :D

Looking forward to yet more awesome with my favourite Tally family (that's all of you)

Love always,

Your Sadri.

Sign in to follow this