Spencer ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Junior Dance Instructor★ LilyCat
18 year old Pureblood Fairy ☆ She/Her

Sat out under a tree in the quiet garden, Cass' gaze shifted briefly to the small greenhouse that had appeared seemingly overnight around six months ago. Right after the unwedding party that had turned... well, strange. Since that day, no one had seen Lorelei, the strange young girl who seemed to have a fondness for Alex - then again, it seemed all the kids in his newfound family did. The thought made her snicker for a brief moment, before it died out and the redhead rested her head back against the tree trunk.

That event was months ago, and still seemed like it was yesterday. Like so much else that had occurred. She played mindlessly with the rings on her left hand, the reminders of the trip to Las Vegas and what she and Alex had done, before her hand then lifted to brush through some of her hair, before holding it to the sunlight a little, watching the bright red shimmer.

The secret that Cate and Alex - and probably a couple of other people - had been keeping from her had been long since revealed, and while it explained a few things, it still made her wonder why she was still at school. She didn't really belong in a wizarding academy. Not when she couldn't even used her wand anymore, when incantations proved useless. She was still going through whatever adjustment that was caused by age and belief of what she was.

And something else was bothering her. It was there on the very edge of her mind, something like a presence. It felt so real that she thought if she spoke, it would hear her, maybe even respond, but that was silly. Was she just going crazy? Or was it a Fae thing?

Either way, she didn't feel like going to the Great Hall. She wasn't hungry, at least she didn't think she was. She'd spaced out so much that she'd lost track of time, not realising that lunch was already over while she continued to sit there, lost in her own thoughts.

Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

It had been sometime since he'd physically been around or seen certain members of his family: Améa and Lorelei being the more prominent of them due to his own situation as a detriment to the process. A choice that wasn't decided by anyone but himself and purely from the common sense or as much of it as he could claim with the knowledge that had been with him at that time, the months that had gone by only further strengthened that choice as the proper one for him. Even amidst the more salacious knowledge he had learned that kept deep within. 

Cass's heritage being of the minor of the majors solely for the fact he wasn't entirely sure with any certainty other than the small hints. The hints that always seemed to be more haphazard than intentional. Even with it revealed the 'weight' that he felt hadn't lessened, it was one less secret that he had been glad about coming out - knowing and understanding what it meant to find out you weren't entirely what you thought you may have been. Yet, the other bits of knowledge and facts that he held far out-weighed it because of the much larger effects that would ripple if revealed. 

As he walked through the Memorial Garden the once serene feeling that he held before had long vanished, it had been replaced by a dagger so sharp that he could almost physically feel it. The red-headed troublemaker of his eventually emerged in sight, sitting by a tree where it seemed she'd been checking out the ring on her finger. A small grin of pride perched on his lips even in the light that he'd committed a dangerous action in getting impromptu married. "So, it is true. They say one could find a beautiful Nymph in the most calming of places in nature.

The usual attempt at his smooth wordplay as he approached closer. It took much more effort than he'd realized within himself to not drift on the fact that the Daughter much like the mother this Garden had been dedicated towards wasn't dead - the effort it took to keep that information embedded deep inside of himself. His usual wide smile grown onto his lips against the wishes of the inner tides. 

"Now, to me that looks like you're skipping lunch. Which isn't good, you know. So. . ." He shifted his gaze left and right for a moment and opened up his back and pulled out a container that had a charm of constant cooling on it along with a spoon. "I had a friend whip up some Phish Food for you. I know, I know - aren't I just the best of the best? You can kiss me or ravage. Even the option of both is acceptable!" Gently his hand tilted over towards her to take it. "Unless you have more on your mind? I mean you can also just let it all pile up inside and unleash it. Maybe I can kind of sense and hear it."

A gentle snort escaped the redhead upon hearing Alex's voice, having already known he was on his way. Though no words were used, the natural environment had already informed her. Even more so, she knew they he would probably come looking for her since she hadn't shown up at the hall. She looked up at him as he approached, and felt a shift in the air. She wasn't entirely certain what it was, but it had something to do with the Memorial Garden. Perhaps she was as bothered by the greenhouse that had appeared overnight some months ago, as she was?

Or perhaps it was yet another secret that Alex couldn't tell her.

"I wasn't feeling hungry..." The redhead mused quietly, before glancing over at the container that was revealed, and then chuckled quietly with a small shake of her head at the effort that Alex went to just to make her smile, while she felt like she could barely do anything for him - he, who was going through his own storm, one which she knew would have to come to a head soon. "Definitely the best," Cassandra responded, leaning over to plant a soft kiss against his lips, before reaching for the tub.

"No guarantees that even this will be appetizing enough though," A smirk tugged at Cass' lips before she offered a shrug, "I'd say that's the pot calling the kettle black, but I know you can't tell me everything that goes on, so..." She lifted her brows and tugged the top off the container, before digging the spoon in just a little. "Debating why I bothered staying at school. I should have just left months ago..." She paused, as though she  might say more, but then instead decided to pop the scooped ice cream into her mouth while she thought some more.

Alexander's back pressed against the tree while he turned his gaze upwards towards the sky. A hand delved into the back and pulled out what looked to be some form of homemade bar, perhaps of the energy variety. It had been a recent concoction for him that he had wanted to try and see if it'd help at least even a bit physically to fight against the occasional sluggishness that would hit in certain bouts. That and he had to admit it had been pretty good from his last taste test that he'd put it through which had always been an upside when it came to those kind of bars. 

The greenhouse hadn't escaped his notice but he'd been quite distracted to notice any major oddities within its design or even deeper inside of it. 

"Whaaat? You know you can't suddenly lose hunger like that. You have to take care of yourself~. Have to start that all when we start building up that football team sized family." He winked at her to try and add his usual jovial jests. A soft hum resonated from him as he felt lips presses against his own and added a bit more of a firmness at his end to try and savor the moment that much more. "Aaaah. . . Always so tasty and refreshing. Need to get those in when I can! Never know when you're going to end up dancing off to work." Or maybe if he'd never get the chance again but that was something he had draw back from even joking about these days. The reality? Was heading on too closely for him to take it so light heartedly. To drive that kind of stake even deeper. 

His hand placed dramatically at his chest with a gasp that had been a clear dramatization. "Not guaranteed?! I had agreed to play at their birthday party for that kind of a special tub!" It didn't hold long until he started to burst into a laughter. It hadn't lasted long as the slight remark eased out from her and his eyes shifted slightly. "Hey, if I could I would. If I didn't think it'd cause more harm it'd be easy, yea? Trust me when I say I wish I didn't know -what- I know." One thing he could say is that he understood Adele's position better know, he couldn't fault her the way she withheld. Not when the past actions have built up to such a bullet that it crush a life in a single blow. "Holding back isn't. . . One of the skills I have developed in life. So doing it at all is like it's own special torture."

Damn that Elsia. 

"Why? The question you should really ask is why haven't you left, right? Sure, you're not a wizard but it doesn't mean you can't experience this life. That you still can't learn other subjects here and even though your magic is different maybe some things here could help in the long run with understanding your own? Maybe even enhance beyond what your people know." His fingers tapped the grass for a moment in thought of his own words. "People can't grow without looking at other sides of life. It'd leave them blind, separated from the world and in that they'd become callous and only self involved. I think our abilities being so tied to us as they are would work in the same fashion, never growing beyond what they can. Never having the chance to be better." The thought of his own 'Homeland' came to mind as he spoke a people so stuck in the past and their ways, guarded from the whims of magic and where it had taken and gone. A sin to them to even consider such a thing. 

His shoulder shrugged casually. "Maybe I shouldn't be here either. For many reasons, I am a walking bomb of pain. Plain and simple." Those who were bound to make bonds with him were bonded and bound to get burned by it. Maybe Gerry wasn't too off about that all those months ago. "But I'd be pretty silly to squander this chance offered, right? The people where you'd make a unique connection. The chance to actually see where my knowledge can take me in the future. That and you've made it this far, practically on the fumes of dealing with the loss of your family. So. . . Don't flop out this far out. Take this year out with a proper bang and finish it. "

"I can be not hungry if I want," The redhead poked her tongue out at Alex lightly, before then offering a small half-huff at his comments about building up a family large enough to fill a team. The words usually made her laugh and roll her eyes, and while she felt that she should be doing that this time as well, something niggled at the back of her mind. She was beginning to think that maybe she was going a little crazy, but she didn't want to admit that yet to Alex. At least, not in a serious capacity. They were both a little nuts in their own ways. A small smile tugged at her lips after the kiss though, and then she did roll her eyes at his drama.

"Like you haven't promised everyone in school that you'll play for their birthdays," Cass snickered quietly with a raised brow. After all, Alex did have a tendency to want to cheer others up and do things for other people. Still, his response to her statement about not being able to know much caused her smile to dim a little, before she looked down at the tub and gave a shrug, bringing the spoon to her mouth and finding the ice cream to be. . . not as good as she usually found it to be. A voice in the back of her head told her that she didn't really want that to eat, and she lowered the container to her lap while she listened to Alex talk about likely why she should finish the year out. She hardly saw the point though. It didn't seem that she would get much from the effort, years of effort that ended up being useless anyway as soon as her change came through.

"I don't even understand 'my' people. I never fit in at school, I don't fit in with my kind, I don't fit in with your family..." The young women sighed softly as she set the ice cream beside her and rested her chin on her knees. "I guess I just feel like it's pointless for me. I mean, at least you have a goal, you want to get into Healing and help others, right? That's a good reason to stay. Me... I'm not even sure what I want to do. The only unique connection I've made here is with you, it's not like anyone else would miss me here," She shrugged. She then paused for a time, a hand reaching down to play with the spoon in the ice cream.

"Hey... do you know if any women who aren't... like your family, have been pregnant with... uh, babies like your family?"

"Oh, my, rebellious aren't we?" A grin curved at his lips while he shook his head. "Just try not to make a habit of 'Not being hungry', alright?" He rose his hand up and wagged a chastising finger in her direction. "Because all I need to do is ship off one call to Mrs. Mary and I bet she'll have a practical buffet readied to stuff you like a thanksgiving turkey. And that would just be the appetizer, the main course? Oh boy!" It was an Empty threat for obvious reasons. Mostly being that he didn't want her to feel as if she was forced to keep up an appetite and at the same time didn't want her to suffer for lack of one.  

Alexander snorted as a sigh exhausted soon after, exaggerated to the ninth degree. "Oh. . . But it's so much. Party here and party there. . . " The dimmed smile caused his head to tilt a bit in examination. Something much larger had been eating at her, that much was written on her face. It couldn't have been only the revelation of finding out her heritage was now different, could it? That the secrets he had to keep were more of an embargo than they were a proper choice for him. "You're just jealous that for your birthday I do something entirely different, aren't you?" A playful grin formed on his face even as he made the joke he knew it was only there to help her get out of her head just a bit. 

Sometimes, that's all a person needed. 

"Now, see, that isn't fair. I don't fit in my family either." His smile brightened just slightly even with that factual truth in his mind. As much as most of them adored him he still felt like the literal black sheep of the family. Not just in action, not just in what he was able to experience or hold knowledge to. But that his opinions were so much more vastly different involving certain people - even now. "That's a gross simplification of making me sound like I am good of heart, dear." A slight huff exhausted as his eyes closed. "I want to get into healing for the selfish reason of making sure death isn't the only thing given to people like me." Ephemeral lifetimes have been given to many species but they were given the gift to experience as much as they could as long as they stood strong. That wasn't the same case with him, he wasn't given that semi-certainty. In fact, he was stripped of every certainty.  "And it isn't a matter of being 'missed'. You're literally at the end here, Cassy Cat. No one truly 'knows what they want to do' just coming out. That's why you go to places like University, why you travel.

His head shifted left to right in thought. "Don't look to 'fit in'. Look to find what would complete you. If you look to fit in then you'll end up let down every time. Those you thought were good friends would seem not so much." Though her next question caught him off guard and in the selfsame swift movement silenced him for a good minute. "No. You. . . Have to understand, most don't live as long as I have. Hell, most don't live as long as Caleb. Boys, men - We die. The only one who had been much more like Adele and them died before he could even establish himself like the others.

Bethianna's tale or rather her forcibly told tale rang in his mind. What if eschewed the 'Only in an emergency'? Did the sacrifice deserve to 'see' someone working? Someone attempting to survive for their people? 

"Why do you ask. . .?"

"That's not really much of a threat. Mrs Mary has a gift, where she is able to tell exactly what someone feels like eating, even when they don't know," Cass snickered quietly, before then shaking her head a little and shrugging. "I'm sure it'll pass... maybe," She mused quietly, and then snorted again as he complained about all the parties he would have to play at, as if he didn't love every moment of entertaining others. His joke about her own birthday was met with a raised brow as she looked at him, "We haven't even celebrated my birthday yet, so how would I know what you plan?" She asked, tutting softly.

"And helping people like you, is still helping other people. It's not entirely selfish," The redhead corrected him with a small wag of her forefinger in front of his face. She released a long sigh, however, as he pointed out the conundrum that had her bugged. She was right at the end. But she was at the end of something that had turned out to be a waste as far as her own range of magical ability. Not to mention, she doubted she would even go to university. At least not the Magical one. Maybe a dancing college? Even that was in question.

"Well, I already have what completes me, so I don't need stupid school, right?" Cass looked pointedly at Alex with a small smirk on her lips, before leaning a little closer, "By the way, I'm talking about you." She added, as though she thought he might need that explained to him. She chuckled, though it quietened down as he explained the mortality rate of males of his family's kind. Her expression pinched a little, reminded that his own life was still hanging in the balance, and nodded a little, before then hearing his own curious question of why she wanted to know. She paused for some time at that.

"You're all kind of telepaths, right? How early on does that work? I mean... if someone was sensitive to magic, and kind of connected, would they like 'hear' them?" Cassandra then frowns and lifted a hand to rub the side of her head, "Eh, maybe I'm just going nuts." She mumbled softly.

"Sounds like you're trying to get a free meal secretly. I'm on to you, Green." As he spoke his eyes locked with hers. Those illuminating lime hues that he had grown increasingly fond of, the moment where he thought it couldn't find any greater limit it somehow seemed to end up surpassing that tenfold. Still, the uncertainty in if it would pass or not sparked a small hint of worry. Maybe he was being overly worried? Or maybe. . . It was something to monitor her just to avoid neglect of self. The tutting reprimand caused a snicker to resonate. "Oh, as if you don't know the kind of gifts I give. Though with it coming up soon. . . I guess I have to make sure that I cancel -every- plan that day, wouldn't you say?" She deserved something spectacular - something big that she could remember and count this part of her life as an 'Exceptionally well done' part. Though the ideas of the who, what, where, and when could wait. 

That had been the second time someone had said something similar to him in that regard. "I'm just saying. . . I'm not White Knight here. More or less. . . Survival." It was a grim truth and one that took him longer to come to and even longer to admit it. Yet, there was no shame within his tone for it. No regrets about the way he had viewed it initially and if it all managed to actually help people? That's good too but he couldn't claim any good will until success even a minor success was completed. "But hey, it was either becoming a Doctor or becoming an Auror. Merlin knows I'd be a TERRIBLE Auror. I smile too nicely." He grinned at her with a beaming shine to his smile. "Just remember, just because you're Fae? Doesn't mean you can't do what ever you desire. You want to be an Auror? I'll support you on that, A Fae as one would be monstrous! But if you also just want to dance your heart away? I support that too. Because your grace is worth watching."

Sometimes, he was too smooth for his own good. 

"Oh, I know. You're over here trying to put the moves on me!" He was flattered. Touched that she could so easily admit that he completes her. It was almost as if the two of them had stepped into a Lifetime show about two teens just trying to make their love work in a world that despised the creation. His hand stretched and touched the top of hers, trailing the tips of it along the outline of hers. 

"Kind of. . .? I mean, it's possible. From what I understand the women tend to be much more. . . Erm. . .'Complete', if you will? Their capabilities are probably super potent and controlled. So. . . It's possible that they could transmit as early as they gain awareness." Which seeing many of his relatives they may have been aware earlier than most others were. Though the questions. . . They were specific, too specific for Alex's realization. "Cassandra. . ." It was rare for him to say her full name - often it had been shortened or nicknamed. 

Unless there had been something too serious, so serious, that he needed her undivided attention. 

"Are you pregnant. . .?"

"As if I need to be secret about it. I could just say 'let's go visit Mary!' and you'd be all for it, don't say that you don't love her grandmotherly nature," Cassandra snickered quietly, before then lifting a brow at him again and then shaking her head a little while she chuckled, "Don't need to do anything overly elaborate. I'm pretty happy with a simple birthday, truth be told." She admitted with a gentle shrug. Considering she could live to an age where she would forget how long she'd been alive, birthdays seemed even less important than before. Or, at least her birthdays. She still enjoyed celebrating everyone else's. The idea of Alex being an Auror, though, caused her to snicker again, "You're way too nice to be an Auror. You'd be the one who's like 'well, if you promise not to do it again...'." She joked, giving him a small elbow nudge.

"I might still dance, not sure yet," The young woman mused. She had to admit, it had been difficult to know what she wanted anymore ever since the truth had been brought to light. She laughed softly as he accused her of putting the moves on, however, and waggled her brows at him before offering a small wink. He did have her attention as he spoke about his family though, and the women being more 'complete'. Her gaze was shifted to the ground as she thought more, before sliding toward Alex at the sound of her name. And then the inevitable question.

"I think..." Came the response, spoken plainly. "I mean... I haven't taken any tests or anything, but I just know there is something inside me. And I swear I've been hearing a voice recently, a little girl's voice. Cate's still been investigating the bloodline my mother came from, and I know that if I concentrate then nature can tell me things. Like, for instance, I know that Lorelei is inside that greenhouse." Cass pointed toward the small building, anything inside it obscured by rose vines that seemed to line the walls.

"But... if no female has been pregnant with one of your family's kind before, then does that mean no one knows if there are any risks, or anything I should do? Shouldn't I probably know more?" Cass furrowed her brow in thought. For someone who thought she was pregnant, she was awfully nonplussed, and even she realised that. She felt like she should be more panicked, but she wasn't. Strange.

"I'd be a fool to turn down her cooking, A FOOL!" The final word being said with an dramatical emphasis behind it. "Hard to turn down a person who pulls the sweet old lady smile and the cooking to come with it. The worse part is she knows she's doing it too! It's a perfect card, can't even bring it up without her getting even sweeter." Not that he was complaining, it was in good nature after all. "Oho, someone is sounding more like Adele than she might think!" Or at least a much mild sounding Bethianna, that was for sure. A simple birthday with he expected over time would diminish to 'I don't need one'. Time, it was a curious thing when people realized they had much longer than expected. A snorted snicker rumbled. 

"That or I'd have them hold a dance off to get a slap on the wrist. You know I am a sucker for someone that can perform in the arts!" There had been the larger issue that he just wasn't stern enough, 'hardened in experience' enough to truly consider that kind of a route. "Not sure? You're really tossed off the wind here, aren't you? I've. . . Never really heard you speak so uncertainly with dancing. . ." He'd considered was it truly important to tell her now, she seemed so much more lost than she'd been when the assumption had been she'd been partially a wizard. 

'I think' - That phrase alone struck a chord of immense alert that his bodies signals responded to. Instinctively lips parted and a soft brush of air had been inhaled and then exhaled, it felt as if he could feel every nerve through out his body cry out in a panic. Much like the sensory of the need to survive while balancing on the edge of a cliff that had a drop that only could result in one way.  Death.  Where Lorelei had been located was almost like a faint whisper, heard but not given the full scope of attention it should have. After all, he got much more terrifying news that proceeded it. 

Silence had been the reward for that truth as his mind worked through and his mouth closed shut as if he had been entranced. Someone was going to kill him and he wasn't sure who'd get to it first: Adele? Bethianna? Cate? 

"I. . . What. . .?" Snapped out of that ever so deep haze, attention retained back on the red-haired woman. Alexander paused as he tried to swallow to gain the full scope of his voice back yet had only been met with a dry mouth in need of water. "I. . . T-that's. . . Not so simple." If only his fear had been what every -normal- teenager's fear should be. 'Oh no, I have no way to provide!' that had been the literal low bottom of the barrel worry. He still hadn't told Adele that he knew, knew the reason why he shouldn't have been married - the cost to her life if it had ever been found out. 

It meant that the legitimate son of their father held a potential heir - her position would be in even greater tatters because of that approach. "We're. . . We're going to need someone with some advice. . . Not Del, not yet." As much as he'd hate to be at the end of the a disappointed glare from one of the few that could truly make him ashamed of his actions, he wasn't foolhardy enough to believe he knew the answer. That he could find the proper steps without proper guidance. "We're going to need Auntie B. Before Adele finds out, before Mother finds out. . .

Crap, his Mother, he hadn't yet considered the true scope of the dangers until he vocalized it.

"Clearly she's got you wrapped around her finger," Cassandra snickered at Alex's 'complaints' about Mary, however she then huffed softly with a small shrug, "Yeah, well, just because I sound like her doesn't mean your sister likes me any better." She wasn't entirely sure whether Adele ever would warm to her. She'd tried to talk with her, reach out even since she had so few people she could reach out to. But Adele insisted on maintaining some kind of distance from her. She doubted that the development she was growing more certain of was going to help anything at all. Seemed Cass was already on the outs from their marriage. After having nodded a little and shrugged at his assessment of her feeling lost, Alex's reaction to her other news wasn't exactly all that reassuring either.

"Thanks, I feel really confident that I'm going to be alright now," Came the drawl from the English-Irishwoman, dripping just a smidge with sarcasm. Of course it wasn't simple. It wasn't as though she wasn't terrified of the entire thing to begin with, but knowing even just the little bit that she did, Cass knew that it was going to be way more complicated than it should be. She closed her eyes with a sigh as she wrapped her arms tighter around her legs, resting her chin on her knees again. She listened vaguely to Alex as he rambled a little, and then sniffed.

"You act like it's going to be the end of the world or something," The redhead murmured, "I mean, not that I want to become some kind of new interest or project of your mother's. Then again, maybe she'd just bypass me and go straight for the baby." She shrugged gently and then glanced toward him, a small frown on her features, "Nice to know you're concerned about how I'm feeling about it though, instead of how people are going to react."

"She's not the only one." He glanced towards her with a bit of a loving grin. "In case you didn't know, I meant you." A return of her own pointed accusation from only a short while ago. "Hey, she doesn't hate or dislike you. Honestly? I think she might be quite fond of you. In her. . . Uh. . .Very strange way." It could have been much worse. Of all the things that had crossed his mind that Adele could do like keep him watched or away from Cass - without the ability to even fight against it she'd succeed. "She's super overprotective of her family. Even more so of the boys in her family. More than anything I'd say it's because she doesn't want to feel as if someone would take me away from her." Not an unreasonable view when he considered that having a long time with certain family members may not be an actual option. 

He sighed, a heavy breath of warped in the breathing. "It's not what you think, Cassandra. . ." Alex couldn't drop himself into the usual nicknaming fanfare. The mode had switched, reactions had already been affirmed and all that could be done had been to keep a strong countenance. Well, as strong as he could give because the problems would only add up - the issues that were beyond his control and ability. 

"Adele could die if this is found out by the wrong people. . ." The following comment about his own concern about her feelings caused him to wince, arms drawn around her. Pulling her inwards against himself. "I am concerned about how you're feeling. The signs and issues that you're feeling haven't been ignored just. . . Not addressed because I am not sure -how- to address them." A warm current of air pulsed by his lips. Certain things he found she was in the 'know' if only to understand his reaction. "It isn't simply about how others will react. . . My sister and I. . .  We're from a home where our Father is well. . . Pretty much royalty. King, Queen, Prince and Princess. Currently, Adele and her line are ruler and heir. But that's only as long as she keeps certain criteria.

Even as it came from him it seemed more fairytale than actual fact. "But she is a disliked ruler, one who is progressive. These people do not care for that and if word is received she actually has a brother. . .? One that is young and pliable? That is one notch and reason to dethrone her. If you add in the bit that he now harbors a heir? Well, now Adele and her line is no longer needed. The people would have their controllable family line. Naïve and unknowing - foreign true. Yet, their hands would wring their way of life as they see fit." He bit his lower lip, finding all this out hadn't been one of his easiest times. The threat of knowing who Flora truly was still weighed harshly. Even more so that he had to speak of this revelation. "Adele -doesn't- know I know this about our homeland. She doesn't know that I had been allowed to see, to know. That I am choosing to relinquish that heritage, to disown myself as my father's child.

A hand weaved through the bright red-hair that flowed from Cass' head. "That's the reason. . . I am trying not to let her find out just yet. Not because I am worried about her reaction. But because I am worried for her life. As much as I am worried for yours and. . . Whom ever maybe growing inside when it comes to She Who Will Not be Named." He placed his forehead against hers gently. "Regardless, I am going to be here. I didn't up and run. You're. . . My Wife. Sickness and in Health - no matter what comes I plan to be your Husband. We'll try to. . . Find all the answers we can. Maybe with Bethianna she'd be more willing to speak if you're pregnant.

"Pfft, if that were true, then you'd be spilling all your secrets without me even having to ask," Cass smirked slightly as she teased him, though she grimaced a little as he tried to explain Adele, before shaking her head. "It's... don't worry about it. I know she's not really fond of me. And if that changes in the future, cool. If not... well, I'm still not going anywhere," It'd take way more than an overprotective sister to chase Cassandra off. Still, it seemed there were even more serious issues that came from her news that caused her to listen, a frown tugging at her features as he said something about Adele dying. What on Earth did them having a baby have to do with Adele's life or death? As he continued, however, Cass' expression became more blank as she stared.

Royalty? Ruling royalty? Of what? She wanted to ask, but at the same time, Cass knew that he was already telling her more than what anyone would likely feel comfortable with him telling. Still... this was a lot. Definitely more than she could have imagined. If it weren't for the absolutely seriousness that had enveloped the air around them, she'd have pushed him over and accused him of trying to prank her. But there was also the way Adele and the rest of his family acted; regal. She'd picked up on that the first time she saw them. In all honesty, Cassandra was relieved when he told her that he wanted to relinquish any claim he had. She wasn't sure if she'd be approved of, and liked having a (somewhat) simple life.

"Well, there wasn't a question of you upping and running off," Cass mumbled, because she wasn't even sure where to begin with the rest of the information she'd been given. "I, uh, definitely wasn't expecting that kind of secret. I just wanted to know if I should expect anything with pregnancy... or if this kid's going to be some kind of crazy hybrid faerie-slash-whatever you are." The redhead lifted her brows as she glanced at him with an attempt at some kind of small jest at their situation. "I guess I can see why Adele reacted the way she did when we got married, though. Urgh, she'd gonna hate me even more now..." She sighed long, it felt like she was making someone else's life harder now, just by being knocked up.

"But, yeah, I trust whatever you think might be best. If you think we should talk to Bethianna, then I'm for it. Honestly, it'd be nice just to know if my hearing a voice is normal or if it's because of my own heritage or something."

Alex tried to not make it seem so dramatic and yet he was well aware of how it sounded. The only way it could probably sound to someone who hadn't been expecting it to swing along. It wasn't the only crucial impact that could or would shape their lives but it was one he felt was much easier to tell, more within his power to explain given the newer circumstances. The other was much more important as it held the true risk and the truer change and yet he knew it would need a much longer explanation of whom he was before it could be explained what the cost would be. While she may have still thought Adele held no care for her, he felt that it wasn't as bad as it truly seemed. The woman just had a way of coming off that was colder than her actual warmth she gave. 

"It isn't you that she'll hate, that will definitely be reserved for me." An attempt at his usual light banter to try and ease the weight of the world that may have seemed to crush ever more intensely. "If it helps. . .? I didn't know until way after. It was the part that she kept from me for which I could only assume was until my situation was 'solved'." Either by living and choosing or by death. One way it'd hold a solution of sorts. "I don't know the effect it would have though. Fae presence is quite. . . Ancient. It may actually add more potency if I'm thinking about it's reactions." The two bloodlines were ancient and old, they also didn't contradict as that was left between the Wizarding blood versus the Sorceraic one. "I would ask Del, but I feel that'd lead her to ask our Mother.

The relationship between her and Bethianna had been less than 'stellar'. Their history one of mistrust, hatred, and an attempt on a life. He gently rubbed the top of his forehead for a moment in consideration and nodded. "She'd have the knowledge and quite honestly. . .? I'd be hoping that she'd wave the flag of keeping the knowledge in. I think now it warrants you understanding, knowing." Who better to tell of their race than a Woman at the very beginning, after all? "That's if she doesn't know already and is just glaring at us to get to a more private place. Hahaha. . .

It sounded as if he'd been joking. But he was honestly serious. "Maybe just behind the Greenhouse. It obscures a lot of its insides so from a good angle we can probably have some privacy.

"Pfft, Adele could never hate you. You're her baby brother that she always wanted," Cass did have to smile and chuckle a little at that. Even if Del didn't hold much love for her, it was very clear that she wanted to keep Alex close in her life and to make sure that he got to live as much of one as he could, and get to live for as long as he wanted to. In that sense, the women were in agreement on that. She also wasn't really surprised that Alex hadn't know about his family's royal heritage, but she didn't like the way that he spoke about waiting until his situation was 'resolved'. She knew what he meant, and it caused her to wince slightly as she leaned against his side more.

"Well, like I said, Cate's trying to look into my mother's family. We know that she was pure fae as well, but it seems she tried to cover her tracks or something, of where exactly she came from, so it's... well, a task, considering that we're also trying to keep quiet on my being full-blooded," Cassandra still wasn't entirely certain on why, but knew that it had something to do with not wanting anyone to come after her, for whatever reason it was that had her aunt worried. She wasn't going to question too much, at least not yet. She trusted Cate to tell her what she needed to know.

"You just expect that she's listening in and waiting?" Cass questioned briefly, but then recalled his family's habits of simply popping up wherever, as though they knew what was going on all along. And they always did know. It was just a little creepy, but in some strange way also kind of... reassuring?

"Uh, sure... lead on," The redhead murmured, waiting for him to stand and then lifting her hands so that he could help her up. "Behind the greenhouse sounds terrible though, sure you don't have other motives?" She snorted quietly, trying to lighten the mood just a fraction, even if she clearly wasn't in that kind of mood right now.

"Ha, yea! I think she always wanted a sibling, to not feel so. . . Alone." He wasn't sure how else to explain it other than a sense of loneliness of sorts. To have that connection with another that held a unique bond all on its own. It was at least his own perspective the moment he'd met her even with everything that had been more rocky than not. The top of his chin rested on the top of her head while she snugged in tighter. "She is the older sister I've always wanted, I can't deny that. She's unique in how she cares and if I hadn't been put in similar positions as her in terms of having to keep certain things in until it seemed . . . Right? I guess is the word. . . I'd probably be much more mad about everything." He shook his head slowly. "But I get it. Sometimes the person may not be ready and other times. . .? You're just not sure -what- to say. Both are equally difficult."

"We'll keep it tight-lipped as possible. If she was covering her tracks then it was for a reason. One that may not have subsided, given the nature that vendetta's can expand." Even though he'd been aware being with him hardly 'increased' her chances of not being harmed. In fact, one could say it was a massive pivot in the other direction. "I will make sure nothing happens to you, either of you. Some how." He'd have to use more knowledge than magic for the time being but Knowledge was a power that could exceed even the most potent of spells. 

"Yes. I can wager it's probably a disapproving glance too, but she isn't a harsh judge. At least. . . I haven't found her to be. First and foremost she always wants what the best course is. " She had plans and machinations much like his Mother. But he knew both held their. . . Ways. It wasn't an attempt to malicious or hateful but how they saw the full picture was massively different in scope due to longevity and experience. He started to stand up with both hands on hers as he started to pull her upwards. "Ha! Cassie Cat, I prefer the nearby fountain for such escapades. Much sleeker.

After assisting her he'd start to lead the way towards the Greenhouse being sure the coast was as clear as it could get. The fact most people were in the Hall helped out swimmingly.

"I can empathise. I always wanted a brother or sister... or, well, even a cousin my own age or something. Always just been me and Cate," Not that Cate hadn't done her best to make sure that Cass knew she could always go to her if she needed to talk or anything else. Her aunt had gone above and beyond for Cassandra and she would always appreciate that. But there was always that little bit of loneliness in wondering what it would be like to have a sibling or other closely aged relative. She nodded a little with a small sigh, understanding in a way that it would be difficult to talk about all their secrets. Hells, it wasn't like her family didn't have skeletons in their closet, as exampled by how difficult it was to trace back her mother's history.

"Or how long some things can last..." Cass mused. Knowing that her mother could have been any age when she met her father did make Cass wonder just what kinds of secrets she could have had. Not only that, but the memory of the light fading in her mother's eyes played on her mind once again. Had she been weakened somehow? Then again, the Curses could just as likely work on a fae as well as they did on anyone else. A small shiver ran through her for a brief moment, but she then offered a half chuckle at Alex's assessment that they would be getting a disapproving look, before being helped to her feet.

"I guess we can see, if she's around. Though, let me guess, you could probably just mentally call out to her and she'd hear it anyway, right?" The redhead narrowed her eyes at Alex as they walked around behind the greenhouse. There was a small garden area and even a bench there, but she remained standing as she glanced around, her gaze settling on the glass house behind them and the roses inside that obscured her view of anything else within the walls.

"I imagine it's probably better to grow up with them rather than have them just plopped on your front porch. Er. . . In a manner of speaking anyways." His adoptive father had been estranged from his own family for one reason or another. Probably the amount of energy he'd put into caring for a sickly child that others may have thought deserved better to be put through the system. Alexander, however, had always been glad that it wasn't the case what so ever - he's seen and met people whom had been grinded through the process and while some came out alright, others held that chip on their shoulder. 

"Well. . . Nothing is really ever 'for certain'. I think everyone even races that outlive majority of the world can attest to that. Even if they refuse to personally acknowledge it as fact." Urgency, it is what often tightened bonds between people because of certain obvious traits about the world around them. It was violent and volatile. Many people and creatures with dark intent roamed the known world doing what they desired either for personal gratification or simply because they have the will and power to destroy. Nonsensical. It didn't help that he knew how close he'd been several times to the 'Big Gates in the Sky' as many in the Muggle world would casually describe a death. 

"Hopefully? I'm no where near as skilled or on the level as any one in my family that can spark that talent. Still a heavy struggle but I think she'd show up before I even popped a bolt." He grinned slightly at the thought even if it wasn't really a pretty one. They'd made it to the nestled little area near the greenhouse where he'd glance towards the bench and then to the ground. Alex proceeded to sit down on the grass as he crossed his legs and made a soft 'huff' and closed his eyes trying to settle himself into a relaxation. "I can't guarantee she'll answer right now. Only that she will when. . . Well, when she finds it is proper.

Alexander had to make sure not to amp up that the woman -would- answer but rather she could if deigned necessary in her own scope. A frown furrowed on his face as he started to bite at his lower lip trying to exert the alien presence of his blood. A deep breath being taken in through his nostrils as he attempted to get his thoughts to expand beyond the normal parameters than what was potentially 'alright' for him to do without the pain.

'Uh. . . Hey, Auntie Bethianna! Not sure if you're around or watching or listening. But I have kind of a new situation and issue that I could use guidance about.' That wouldn't be sufficient enough, one thing he'd promised to himself is that no matter what he'd be more 'opened' about his issues with the woman. 'Cass thinks she might be pregnant but isn't too sure. Her new realization of her Fae blood maybe a factor too but since no Male of our people has ever given life to a child I. . . I am at a loss of an answer.' 

Such faith and loyalty, even in situations where it could be reviewed as a mistake of youthful naivety or carelessness. 

"I dunno, even surprise family has to be good in it's own way," The young woman chuckled and offered a small shrug, though she then nodded in agreement that nothing was ever really completely certain. It made her recall her own family, their life in Ireland and England and her own memories for a moment before she closed her eyes and forced them away from her mind. She glanced at Alex as he mentioned that he might be able to summon Bethianna, though wasn't entirely sure. She wondered if the woman felt much better since the fiasco six months ago, a lot had happened then, and she had noticed that whatever Anna had done had hit her hard. She offered another nod as Alex sat on the ground, before then plopping down on his lap lightly while he closed his eyes.

Waiting patiently, Cass leaned against Alex, resting her head on his shoulder while he did whatever he did in order to contact Bethianna. Silently, she waited, and waited. And even after what seemed like enough time that one might have had a conversation or at least a few back and forths, she lifted her brows at Alex and shrugged lightly once again.

"Not sure if hiding was necessary if she's likely to show up just whenever she thinks is better, you know. I feel like visiting us at school isn't the most likely of chances, unless we were in some dire need or something. Or well, if you were in some dire need. I doubt I even pop up on many of your family's radars," The redhead huffed a small half-laugh, though she did know that at least Jezebel and Améa seemed to like her, as did the younger children. She still wasn't convinced that Adele didn't dislike her. And Lillian and Bethianna didn't seem to think one way or another of her. But then, she could always be wrong.

"Maybe we should head back in, though I'm tempted to just go home too," Cass huffed quietly. She really didn't feel like being at school right now. Maybe the whole pregnancy part had something to do with that.

"Ah well. . . Sometimes?" Not that it was a touchy subject for him, not anymore. It was more that he wasn't sure how he fully felt at this moment about that kind of thing. He'd managed to get lucky with majority of good family from this particular surprise. Yet, the parts of it that had been bad that he wished wasn't bad were a much heavier weight than one could imagine or conceive. "But no real complaints in that department. I'm more than content, I think." A smile beamed on his face before he settled onto the ground. 

Unfortunately, Alex never got a 'response' which perhaps -was- the proper response. Eyes began to open and then turned towards Cass as he chuckled briefly. "Ah, well, Hiding is for. . . Other reasons. But, yea, I don't think she deems this as a 'good place' or time to do so. " Low snickering rolled out as he shook his head. "I don't doubt that. But she also isn't -technically- family. It's complicated? She's like family to me though, she's done a lot for me over the years and still finds the time to be an honest guide to me." The woman had never lied to him. maybe held back until things were proper. But when addressed she never tried to obscure it which meant a lot to him. "I'm also positive my family loves you. Maybe not as much as -I- do. But that's because my particular way ended up with you well... Carrying.

A grin formed on his face as he nudged her playfully then kissed her forehead. He glanced left and right for a moment followed by his voice being dropped to a low whisper. "Well, we can head home. . . Get under the covers. . ." The tone of his voice had been sultry, as if he had been about to expose a plan of exceeding naughtiness. "And just cuddle closely?  How's that sound to you?"

"Content is good," Cass smiled at him as they sat, and then waited until it seemed that there was not going to be a response to his call right at the moment. She nodded in response to his assessment, it probably wasn't a good time. Then again, who decided when was a good time for anything? She understood that Bethianna wasn't technically related to him, but Cassandra was aware enough to know that the woman was the same as his family. Plus, he appeared to have a strong attachment to the woman, enough to even call her 'Auntie', so she may as well be considered family.

"I think we'd all be a little worried if they loved me the same way you do," The redhead snorted quietly with a shake of her head. Still, a gentle sigh was breathed from her lips at having to wait to know more about what she might have to expect. Or even whether anyone knew was to expect. She was flying rather blindly here. Listening to Alexander though, a small smirk tugged at her lips, before she then released a small chuckle and planted a kiss to his lips.

"Cuddling sounds absolutely perfect to me," The young woman said as she began to stand, "Let's ditch this place for a bit. I could use some simple comfort."