Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

Every now and then Alexander found himself within the Library that didn't entirely focus on the need for studying. Considering his recently established familial tie with the Librarian he found that it was almost always for personal reasons that he visited that particular part of the school. Even more so to step into the lair and try to act as if she was as grouchy as she'd often appear to be towards others. Woe on him if he ever let it slip that the woman had a fierce caring side that could rival the rumors that spread across Tallygarunga about her sharp gaze, quick witted tongue, and the occasional drinking habit.  

The other reason had been that he needed his eventual 'pick-me up' dose as his body had been feeling the aches, pains, and usual withdrawal that came about from the internal magic being drained out of him bit by bit. This left him looking a bit healthier and less pale than he'd recently been even with his attempt to try and hide that kind of particular fact. 

As he exited the background his hands grasped at a set of books that had lingered on the counter top of the librarian's booth. Then a gentle walk towards an empty table where he'd place the books down on top of it and slip his shoulder bag just across the top of the chair as a way to claim it for his temporary seat. Written on the face of the book had been 'Alchemy: Tinctures, Elixirs, and Oddities'. He needed to brush up just a bit more on his knowledge of the various effects of medicinal mixtures that could assist with the body and those that are often claimed to be a physical and spiritual 'renewal'. This particular angle had been more of a personal interest to him rather than just a simple curiosity for the sake of knowledge. 

Alex started to sit down as the tip of his fingers slide along the mouth of the book and opened it up with a smooth motion, pages began to be turned until he had gotten a few sheets into it and pulled out a notebook and pen. The notebook had already been prepared and opened as if to always be ready for a quick note or idea that may pop into consideration. "Now let's see how far I can get today. . .

Sturt ☆ Fifth Year Kirupachi
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

It was a day off of exercising, and Chloe's sister had ran off to who knows where. Both model kits she had on her were fully assembled, and since it wasn't the weekend yet, she couldn't exactly take them home to spray paint and detail them. The school books in her room had been read twice over, and it was a slow day for news in any field of interest she had.

She opted to spend her regrettably free time in the Library that day.

Alchemy would be the subject she would study that day, or so she ultimately decided. Despite impeccable grades, she always liked to read far beyond what the school system expected of her at a given point in time - and, unfortunately, that subject was what she was the most far behind on. She had only made it very barely halfway through the sixth year content, which displeased her somewhat. It didn't help there wasn't exactly a rule of thumb on what to study, as she had been told previously to 'focus on what's being taught now'.

As she perused the many shelves in the respective section within the Library, a small shifting noise caught her attention just beyond her field of vision. Turning her head, she saw a student she failed to recognize sitting down not too far away, mumbling something to himself. It was close enough for her to make out the title inscribed upon the cover of the book he was diving into. Alchemy.

It was a title she didn't remember reading, meaning it was a title either at or beyond her level. Quite the coincidence, she thought to herself, but she'd be a fool not to take advantage of it. Careful not to perturb others, Chloe silently made her way towards the Spencer.

"Excuse me." She spoke up in a low tone, once within earshot. "I see you're reading an Alchemy book. Could you give me some recommendations?" Hopefully she wouldn't be disturbing him too much.

The tip of his pen glided across the parchment as his attention shifted in a stride between the textbook and its various ideas towards his own work, if one could even truly call it that. Really it had been mere notes of various effects numerous ingredients held on one another. How volatile a combination had been, materials to avoid using together if one is thinking to use it for medicinal curatives, most importantly the side effects that could take place in certain individuals. It did make him wonder a bit how badly it would effect him with the already compromised immune system. A brief huff escaped his lips as a sign of resignation that the risk was worth the potential reward in the long run regardless of how it would make a manifestation. 

He started to write down a potential concoction idea that came to mind from what he had briefly read, something that could enhance the bodies energy through the intended ingredients. It was in that moment that his ears caught wind of the low voice that traveled close enough for his attention to be pulled away. "Huh?" Being caught off guard from the approach itself for a second, his body turned to give the young teen his full attention. The pen being placed down right next to the note book while the other held one side of the textbook loosely. 

"Recommendations for Alchemy?" Eyes fluttered for a moment as he was stuck between how to answer and the familiarity about the Auburn-haired girl. Alex's eyes squinted tightly in strain to recall an extremely distant memory that seemed to be hazy in trying to clear up. He had seen her before, he was sure of that and not just from around the occasional passes in school or similar classes. His head shook to try and address the more immediate question, then sort through the fog of familiarity. "Depends on what you're really looking for with Alchemy. There is one that isn't really taught called 'Alchemical Conversions: Water and Earth', It focuses a bit on the more elemental influenced ingredients and various ways you can combine and change certain properties. I'd call it more of a recipe book with a very lengthy exposition.

A friendly smile stretched across his face as he shrugged at the idea of the book itself. "But it is a pretty good book if you're into putting to practice what is written for the same outcome and then trying to expound onto it or even alter it entirely for more data or just to see if it's even possible." Admittedly Alchemy had turned to a curiosity for him due to its grandiose potential even with the more mundane successes in its history. 

Though it came time for the question that had bugged and prodded in his brain for the last few seconds. "I'm sorry, haven't we met before?" That is what triggered a brief reaction in his mind as a collusion of memories hopped one hurdle after the other, a clear memory of his time visiting the hospital when he was much younger. "Wait, doesn't one of your parents own a bakery? I remember going to one, usually after every other visit I had in the area. But. . . I do remember a young girl that had been around sometimes." Though he did remember there were times that he had gone and hadn't seen her at all. 

As soon as Alexander started talking, Chloe reached into her bag to retrieve a small notebook, as well as a pen, so to write down whatever recommendation he happened to say from that point on - at her level or beyond, it didn't really matter. "So long a second year in the subject can digest the book, I'll take anything." She spoke up after his explanation. She'd be lying if she said the though of studying non-curricular material didn't spark her interest, however.

The question that followed caught her off guard, and Chloe glanced up from the book. She looked at him, and unfortunately, the man didn't ring any bells. She chalked it up to her being awful with faces in general, and couldn't help but feel horrible about it. This was quickly brushed aside, however, as he mentioned how they had hypothetically met. "A bakery? My father owns one, yes. Near the hospital."

But after this confirmation, she shook her head. "You probably have me mistaken. I didn't go there frequently, my sister did. There's a higher chance you met her instead of me." Their age was so close, too. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility for them to be mistaken for one another. "She's in this school as well, so you should run into her sooner or later."

However, something at the back of her mind kept nagging at her. Maybe she was mistaken. Maybe they met, and she was just horrible with people. That wasn't entirely out of the realm of possibility either, now, was it? "Regardless, thank you for visiting the bakery. I hope you enjoyed it." The formal side to her upbringing reared its head, and her back curved forwards in the lightest of bows to reinforce her statement.

"A thirst for knowledge! I can respect that kind of a thing." A hand rested on the side of his face as he rubbed at the area in thought. There had be a few more that would come to mind as good finds. With the subject being one so aged in comparison to most techniques one often found so many books on the matter that it could often be hard to keep them in check. Even more so for those that had been debunked or still needed some form of validation if they spoke on theorized terms and beliefs. 

That part of his life hadn't been the easiest to wade through at those times, the moment she brought up the potential for a viable a doubt on whom it was his mind began to funnel through faces. Teeth bit tenderly at the inside of his mouth and chewed as he tried to collect whether or not it had truly been mistaken even if ther ewas a chance of either one of them. Maybe he had met both and had mistaken them for one another? That thought seemed worse to him as he narrowed his sights away and towards the book that had been wide opened, as if it offered the answers. 

As if it would dim the slightly bad feeling of mixing people up as if they didn't hold their own identities. "Oh. . . I mean it is definitely a possibility. Gosh, it was so long ago I'd probably mix up all the nurses at the hospital." He opted for a small humor, a personal way out from the clear awkwardness he'd found himself in. It was one thing to mistake a person, but to mistake them for another close to them just made it thicker in the awkward-turtle department for him. "She is? Oh, what year are you both in? I honestly probably passed by her a few times since I arrived." A self-justification pinged in his mind that he had just been distracted by the various things that had been happening with his life that he'd forget to take count of his surroundings properly. 

Alex's eyes widened for a moment at the formal bow and his hands rose up and shook back and forth in hopes to keep things less so. "Woah, it's no biggie. Good food and they always did the job of making the day better than it had been, honestly. Really, it was more of help to me than anything. But I can see you have a lot of pride in what your father does, plan to go into that business yourself?

Then he turned his attention towards the book as he lightly jostled the cover. "Or plan to be some kind of alchemist looking to make the next big break in the Magical Community?"

As it is always the case with humor, it eluded Chloe completely. She presented no outward reaction to the joke, merely thinking to herself it was unfortunate if he couldn't tell the nurses apart - but then again, she could relate. She couldn't tell almost any student apart that she wasn't forced to have near daily interaction with. It was certainly something she had no grounds of holding over Alexander, so she let it slide. She never had any excess of concern over whether someone remembered her or not anyway.

"I'm a fifth year, and she's a fourth year." She replied automatically. The year was soon ending, too, so that response was going to inevitably change. Time was going by too fast to her liking. Since the teen before her seemed to be older, she incorrectly assumed he was a seventh year - that meant he would soon leave the school.

Upon spotting the reaction Alexander had to her formalities, she had to make a conscious effort to remind her mannerisms that she wasn't at home. She wasn't talking to her mother, father, or sibling. She didn't have to stick to the Japanese formalities of her upbringing, mostly because other people wouldn't get them in that area. Her spine straightened up as normal and she reminded herself not to apologize for the same reason.

At the question, she opened her mouth to speak, but closed it in hesitation at first - a rarity for Chloe. What did she want to do? "No... Neither of those things." She ultimately replied, shaking her head. By then she had lowered her book and clicked her pen shut, as the topic had veered way off course. "I'm... not sure of what I'll do, honestly." She found herself revealing, for no reason in particular. Momentarily, her brows seemed to furrow as she gave it some thought. "I just don't think I'll be cooking or transmuting for a living, regardless of competence." It was easier to say what she didn't want to do than what she did want to do. As of recently, it had become her own little personal mental hell. The only answer she had come up with thus far was 'something ethically sound'.

"I take it you wish to pursue Alchemy yourself?" She commented. If he had knowledge of material outside of the school curriculum, it led her to believe it was a big interest  of his outside of school grounds.

Not even a laugh or a chuckle, Alex felt the pressure as if the mic at a stand-up comedy had been turned off purposefully. Part of him even wanted to take that cliché  step of asking 'Is this Mic on'. A hand weaves through the jet-black strands on his head as way to curb his own awareness of how awkward he had felt even more having that moment seemingly ineffective. 

"Fifth and Fourth. . . Didn't think it was that close together. Well, hey, it means we've one more year around one another!" He's always held the issue if perhaps being too 'familiar' with people, this particular case being that he perceived that essence from a brief history. "Maybe one year. . ." An added mumble had been tacked on as if to correct the statement, he wasn't aware of how well he was actively doing across the board. It wasn't from lack of trying either, one could say he had been trying too hard that it may have caused larger issues in certain classes. 

The way her mouth closed up as if she had meant to speak but re-thought that route. It triggered in his mind that he may have actually stepped into a bit of a minefield with such a question. It was an expected reaction the more that it had been considered in his mind, how often did people actually know what they wanted? That something would present itself soon enough in ones life that somewhat 'forced' their hand to be inspired by something? Not often he had surmised. 

Casually his shoulders shrugged, lips curled into a friendly smile. "Pretty fair assessment there, kind of an unfair question on my part even if it was just for curiosity." Easily he could admit his fault in that moment. There hadn't been sign of shame on his face but the smile did shift to an apologetic expression. "On the plus side you can see them as necessary skills for life. Cooking is pretty important and you can always make a hobby out of Alchemy. Well, that and the fact the two go hand in hand anyways." That could be said for most things involving alchemy and general life needs.

"Hahaha, hit me with my own inquiry. You got me there. Hrm. . . Yes and no? Right, clarification. . ." He chewed on his lower lip for a moment, giving himself some time to organize all the proper thoughts. Filing away quickly what could be considered 'okay to tell' versus 'Entirely off limits'. The latter being way too mountainous for his own concerns. "I want to be a doctor is the long and short of it. I want to try and find some medicines that could work better with certain kinds of illnesses that are extremely difficult to treat even with magical assistances. Hopefully. . . They'll lead to a more permanent solution.

The odd cerulean blue hues trained on Chloe. "Selfish reason kind of made me consider it. Not the best kind of person someone would want to hear a person in the future of medicine to say. . ." He couldn't run from the truth any more than he could run away from the fact that he was dying. The reason and same coin of this fueled passion. "Don't worry too much on what you'd want to do though. In fact. . . Anytime someone asks? Just say you're exploring. Everyone explores, everyone has to find that place they fit in."

It seemed her assessment was wrong - this guy was a sixth year, apparently. Perhaps he just looked older than he really was? Chloe knew she did at least, having been mistaken for not being underage a number of times before. She had to admit, though, it did have its perks. She didn't seem to realize the implication of the additional mumble with accuracy, but decided not to comment on it since it was really none of her concern.

"I don't mind." She replied, almost automated to do so, once Alexander admitted to his curiosity. She really didn't; perhaps the secret to actually deciphering what the future held for her was in talking to people about it. Different walks of life would have different experiences to tell, and different points of view. Maybe she wasn't even looking at the right interests for all she knew.

"Does it matter if it's a selfish reason?" Chloe interjected. "What matters is that you do something you enjoy. Helping others is a nice bonus." Now that she thought about it, maybe her own way of thinking was, indeed, selfish. But, was being selfish about one's well being that bad, so long as it was with moderation? Regardless, it was a sacred principle to her. "Just make sure you don't regret whatever it is you do."

She rather liked the 'solution' Alexander then provided for her conundrum. She didn't owe explanations to anyone - and if she needed to talk, she could just nag her sister or her father about it for advice. Never her mother, though, she didn't want an earful about how she should be an MMA fighter to continue the 'legacy'. "Not a bad idea. Gives me more breathing room if anything else." She had become so engrossed in the current conversation that she had forgotten why she was there in the first place, the sole recommendation being locked away in the closed notebook; however, she had enough presence of mind to recall one tiny detail. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Chloe Stewart." She spoke while extending out her right hand for a weak, not so mobile handshake. "And, thanks for the advice."

It felt awkward to speak to a sitting person while sitting upright for such a long period of time, so she sat on the chair across from Alexander without bothering to ask for permission. "I assume you're in the Health class, then? How is it like?"

"Well, if you don't mind then." He couldn't help but chuckle lightly, pushing some idea that it needed to be minded wasn't his style. She had to know how she felt and viewed as something to mind after all. It was a sound reasoning to him to follow behind as a way to support the choice. There hadn't been much consideration for him at this point with the correlation of his age or how he may have appeared and the year he'd been in. It was all just. . . Life to him, something that he couldn't have escaped due to the issues that added up. 

An arched eyebrow formed and his head tilted at the question. He'd grown silent in thought at that kind of a consideration never had he touch the thought that it being selfish didn't matter. It was an irony really considering that he had been motivated by selfishness for quite sometime since his enrollment into Tallygarunga. More specifically a few months afterwards where things had started to hit the fan of unreal. "I do admit, I like to help people. Haha, it's like some kind of disease for me these days." A bit of 'Healing Humor' probably bad humor at that. "I guess it doesn't matter too much. People have been motivated by less than honorable kind of means and contributed the opposite in fundamental ways.

Maybe that was the key to medicine itself? The key to helping others in all of its pure irony, helping yourself helps others as many have said in philosophical means. "Oh, trust me, I have no time for regrets. Everything I do I am always certain it's what I want to do. Life, it's way too short for the kind of lollygagging that regrets forces on us." That was the take he had to go with and it was something that wasn't easy to accept by many. This much he knew but he was in too peculiar of a situation to warrant otherwise. 

Alexander winked as a smile accompanied along with it. "Exactly! Breathing room and less stress on the mind. That is how you gain a bit of clarity on pretty much anything I find. If it ever comes to needing it too can always give a bit of a poke at the different kinds of programs around. 'Internships or exploration' types, lets you get a look by actively getting involved of sorts." There weren't any by name that came off hand but he knew more than enough people that could make it up on the spot. "Oh! Ha. . . I'd have been slapped for my bad manners. Alexander Winfield." His own hand reached out to grasp hers lightly in a greeting shake. "I probably still will be if she catches wind of it.

His gaze shifted around the Library, primarily near the Librarian's desk where a sigh of relief escaped. Adele wasn't around to hear his lack of proper decorum. "Hm? Oh, you're welcome. I'm a believer that everyone needs a bit of assistance somewhere. To neglect helping someone means two people miss out on something that can help make them both grow." Being social had that perk for him, usually he found that he left every encounter with a bit of something to think about. Something that could strengthen his view or even alter it for the better. 

"Yeap! It isn't too bad, it's been a bit slow since the Professor or had been here at the start of the year left. I've mostly been keeping far ahead with more advanced books. That and I have a friend whose parents own an apothecary." The amount of knowledge that he'd picked up from Frankie's fathers proved more than just educational. Usefulness and resourcefulness seemed to be a key trait to have. "I had been hoping to get a trip to a highly advanced magical medical facility but that hadn't been in the Professor's plans. Maybe next year? I'd really like to have a chance to see what advancements have been made and what is continually being researched.

He quickly shook his head and weaved a hand through his hair. "Woah, sorry there. Heh. Seems I geek out over medicine now as much as I do over music."

"If you like helping people, then that's that. That's what you should do, no discussion." Chloe spoke up, the attempt at humor sailing right past her once more. "I can... relate, I suppose. I want to help creatures, or children. That much I know I want to do, in some capacity... I'm just yet to figure out in what capacity, exactly." It was too vague. Even programming could help both, which didn't help her figure things out in the least. "And in the end of the day it doesn't matter if you're being selfish about it, because the intention doesn't really matter half as much as the act."

What Alexander was saying - life was too short - brought up the negative thinking once again, however. Chloe was very much a slowpoke in all respects - like to slowly explore her options to a borderline ritualistic extent, not being in any rush, not caring if it took forty years to reach her destination so long as she was happy with both the journey and the conclusion. But could she really afford such a thing? People depended on her. Her parents. Possibly a future lover and children, for as unlikely she perceived such a thing. And most of all, her sister. How could she lead the way into the world for her sister when she didn't know what to do?

She was snapped out of her thoughts as Alexander looked behind his shoulder, and her gaze followed his to a woman in the background. She hadn't even caught the last few lines he spoke. Perhaps it was a good thing her face wasn't that expressive at all, it made it so it was unlikely he ever even noticed her spacing out in the first place.

"I... suppose." She eventually replied as soon as her brain caught up to her vocal chords. Shortly thereafter, as he apologized, Chloe shook her head. "That's alright, it's what I asked for. Although, I was hoping to get more of an insight on lectures. If the professor is gone, I suppose that's not going to happen." That was unfortunate. They didn't get a replacement? Aren't there substitute teachers? Chloe has faint memories of that practice in the Muggle school she used to attend before going to Tallygarunga. "I assume there will be no formal evaluation this year, then? It would be questionable to conduct a SPIDER on a subject that's not being taught."

The thought of not being allowed to pursue an interest based on someone else's failure made her a bit sick. She felt happy over Alexander being able to chase his dream in an extra-curricular manner. Was Chloe pushing her luck by not abusing that privilege? Was she unconsciously putting herself and her wishes on a pedestal, as if a lion looking over their pride?

"Where is this medical facility you speak of?" She tried to avoid talking about herself and keeping the ball on Alexander's court so to distract herself from those highly destructive thoughts creeping in the back of her mind.

"Hah! You're a 'the point is the point' sort it seems." That wasn't a bad thing either and it didn't invalidate what she'd been saying. It added more towards the determination in his opinion, it almost seemed as if she had the similar passion as well. "I guess you have that point there. If the act itself is still going to achieve what it achieves the motivation doesn't really matter too much." The level of comfortability others would have with that especially in a profession that relied on a certain person-to-person connection did hike in his mind. But he kept that small rebuttal for himself to hash out later on if it would be something that could be considered an issue. "Why does it have to be 'or'? It can equally be creatures and children if that's really your kind of a draw. Actually I know some people that run a reserve, pretty sure plenty of kids pop up there too. Could try a stab at hitting two  owls with one stone.

He was sure Stuart and Mary wouldn't mind the extra hands helping out even more so if the person is a potential youth trying to effect the younger generation for the good of the many. Here he had been again inserting himself into a persons life, trying to help them find those steps when things were at an uncertain point on whether or not it was truly wanted. But if he could help even just a bit to narrow down what she may actually have  a long-term love for then why shouldn't he try to give as much help as possible? A thought that he knew would get him in more trouble than it avoided. 

"They have an interim person pop in every so often. School district mandated I think? Either way the lectures aren't the best in design due to that kind of setup. More of a repeat than anything else. Which isn't a bad thing, often times we forget the basics and shuffle them off as 'just the basics'. Always nice to have that reminder of the importance." Even as his gaze shifted in acknowledgment of how tedious it all had been regardless of the vocalized sentiment. "Considering the test they may still do it even with instability of different temps popping in. I wouldn't call it impossible to pass to it!" Honestly he was more worried on if they would evaluate practical magic through active testing, that would be the real nail in the coffin. 

It had been a quick reroute as the light shined back at him, he'd been accustomed to that sort of quick focus and yet had bit a bit surprised it happened in such a swift moment. "Out in Melbourne there is a really top-notch Wizarding hospital. I've wanted to visit there for more of an academical reason." And not a personal medical reason which he had more than enough of being there for that. "I think knowing the different spells they put in practice and their effects both on Humans and Non-Humans is too beneficial and necessary to ignore.

Finally, his fingers grasped the edge of his textbook where he'd close it fully and rested both hands on the top of the cover. "But speaking of facilities." He attempted to smoothly add in as a way to shift the ball back into Chloe's court. "If you want to try out how you'd like being involved at the Reserve I can easily set that up. It actually might be pretty fun to join in on too."

"It doesn't have to be 'or'." Chloe corrected, along with a light shrug of her shoulders. She truly never gave that option much thought, however. Perhaps she should? The best of both worlds, it would probably make her the happiest. However, a little voice in the back of her mind nagged her that she should become more personable first if she did want to engage children in anything at all, let alone make a career out of it. How should she even go about it though?

Interest formed in her mind as Alexander brought up the reserve. She had never considered it, mostly due to lack of contact - but scheduling could also be troublesome, now that she thought about it. "Would they be willing to accept someone like me, under their wing?" Chloe decided to voice her doubts. "Probably not..." She muttered to herself briefly in a Kagoshima dialect, almost as if not meaning for the other teenager to hear. "I'd like to go there, but I can't keep up a consistent schedule. I have one of the busier school attendance schedules, and I have combat practice almost every day on top of that. Weekends might be the only days I make it consistently."

At least she didn't need payment for her services. That might be a thing going for her.

"Have you considered going during a break?" Chloe suggested. She traveled a lot during those, mostly to Japan - it was a very no-brainer to come up with that solution. "If you can't go on your own, I'm sure it'll be easy to find someone to tag along with. I doubt you're the only person in this school who wants to pursue that, or is even minimally curious." She would offer, but knowing her parents, they probably already booked plane tickets to a certain country for the duration of the holidays. While she was usually mostly indifferent to those travels, a small portion of her couldn't help but want to stay so she had more freedom to explore her future. Responsibilities called, however, and she had no choice but to visit her grandparents.

"...If you wouldn't mind taking me there, I guess I could give it a shot." Chloe nodded. Something about the idea of working with both children and animals in a relaxed environment brought the faintest of smiles to her otherwise blank face. And they'd be stacked with supplies too, so she wouldn't be too limited on what she could effectively do to help out. "I don't mean to impose, though."

Even if it wound up not being her calling, it would definitely serve to take her mind off things for a long time. If she was even considered for any sort of position, that is. "I suppose I can repay the favor. If you ever need to go to the facility and have no means to go legally, I can handle it." She was pretty sure one of her parents would be more than happy to drive them there. Social progress and all...

"There we go~." Alexander's voice cooed out in a rhythm as way to encourage that kind of thinking further. "We can't go about limiting our potential. The most crucial mistake we can make as people, I think." There had also been the reverse which was over-extending ones talents but at least in that regards they'd have a better understanding of where in the gap they'd probably fit rather than just nestled inside of a box. "A bit of determination sparks the will. Huh. . . That's a pretty good inspirational slogan. . ." For a brief moment his gaze left from her and squinted in thought as if to toss the idea around in his mind, then drove it back on track. 

"Oh, most definitely they will. They're really good people and honestly have a heart to see people do better and work hard." He honestly couldn't imagine Ms. Mary or Stuart saying know to up and coming youth whom had a desire to learn and interact with others on some level. The thought did cross his mind on how well Chloe would survive with the very casual and friendly nature of the two adults, it amused him. "Weekends are pretty good anyways, right? It's a time a lot of people have off so it would be the chance to really put in that work and seeing the reactions and interactions. The way a kids face lights up when they see a magnificent animal? Priceless.

A soft chortle escaped from him, head shook subtly. "My breaks are. . . Usually taken up due to family obligation. At least since the beginning of the school year - extenuating circumstances." He casually shrugged his shoulders. "That's what happens when you find your birth family randomly, have to end up learning about everyone at such a fast pace. Try to fit in a bit. At least I can say I definitely don't lack for excitement." Or lack for cloak-and-dagger antics it seemed yet that didn't need to be vocalized. "I do know a few people that have an interest in the subject, it could be a pretty fun adventure of its own." It wasn't trying to dodge a troll type of adventure but maybe he didn't need that kind of excitement exactly?

"Impose? Nonsense, It'll be great. Hey, my idea I have to take that responsibility, right?" He grinned a bit as he tried to offer  more solid reason for her not to worry about imposing. It was another chance to experience the reserve. It also was never a bad thing to try and make a friend or two and build up on those kind of bonds. "Oooh.. I hope one of those groups with the ecstatic kids shows up. Those are always the really fun ones, take my word for that!" There had been a heart for the children for him as well, often one of the few reasons why he had been glad to be a such a versatile musician. 

Eyelids fluttered, repayment had been the furthest from his mind and it wasn't the kind of thing he could ever in goodwill let anyone feel indebted about. "Repaying, huh? Haha, I have to admit I didn't really expect that kind of response. You've got me disarmed there and that happens very rarely."

It was odd. Within the past couple of days, Chloe had gotten plenty of support regarding what she wanted to do, how to pursue it, what to ignore. It made her feel like her mind wasn't distorted in any way for a change - it served as means to relieve the guilt she felt over 'betraying' those paying for her studies, somewhat. It certainly cemented her willingness to give Alexander's suggestion an honest shot. It would be incredibly two-faced to request advice and not follow through with it anyway.

"Yes, weekends are doable for the most part... I have practice Saturdays at the end of the afternoon but that shouldn't be too cumbersome." Provided they didn't want her to work the graveyard shift, that is; not that she could, though, because of curfew. She didn't seem worried about the actual workload that sort of schedule would actually impose on her though. In a somewhat masochistic and workaholic way, she kind of liked and thrived in it.

"When can we go? I'm free whenever during those days." She resisted the need of proverbially underlining 'whenever' in her phrase as excitement started to rear its head. Perhaps this was the right path. Maybe that was why she became borderline obsessed with pursuing it the moment she was given the green light, not even giving herself any time to actually sit and reflect on it.

Mild curiosity made itself known as Alexander expressed his surprise. "Is it a bad thing?" She asked genuinely unaware of possible connotations. "You're helping me, so I want to help you in some manner." Her own phrase gave her pause, and she felt the need to correct it immediately, her eyebrows lightly furrowing as she realized her verbal mistake. "Well, I would help regardless, but..." And just like that, she was lost in the maze that was social interactions.

"...I'm sorry, I guess?" It was more of a question than a statement. "If you don't want any help, that's alright."

As he listened a hand rubbed at the base of his chin for a moment in thought. That seemed like a pretty busy schedule and he was one of those people that could find almost any kind of busy work to do on the weekend to take up that time. The last thing he wanted was to put her in a situation where she'd be too worn out, but if she felt more than enough energy would be left over then there wasn't much debating he could do on that front. 'Practice towards the end of the afternoon, hrm?" It wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility and it would leave more than enough time for a brief break just before or so he surmised. 

"How about Saturday the second week of December? The weather is heating up and the school year is winding up or down in some cases. It's at this peak that kids will probably be trying to get out more. Pushing their parents to see the animals for one reason or another." This at least gave him some time to talk it out with Stu and see what work that can be done, more so important enough to see when tourists and occasional visitor traffic is at its highest, typically anyways. "It won't be too late in the evening and it should give you enough time to relax a bit, grab something to eat and freshen up. Don't think you want to show up sweaty, hahaha." Or maybe she did? He wasn't sure of her living situation enough to make that kind of a call, now that it crossed his mind. 

His head shook smoothly. "No, it isn't bad at all! It's just. . . Hrm. . . " How was he to explain his surprise without it coming out as if things were always on the spectrum of the expected worse? "I guess it's more of a surprise because I hadn't expected to do it to get something out of it." It'd been more habit than anything else when the offer of help had been extended by him. Preferring to see people strive than falter in uncertainty of whether or not they should get into some kind of activity or interest. "Woah, no apologies there and I am definitely not the kind of person to slap a hand of genuine help when I see it!

Alex did get the hint that she may not have been used to the social aspect of things, it seemed to be a thread of commonality with a few he met. At least until he took the metaphorical hammer straight to it. "I'll let you know if I do need to the help though. I do think the Headmaster might give me some leeway to visit there considering certain things. . . But if not I'll need an alternative and fair plan." He didn't want to have to default onto using his sister's position and overall creepy reputation for a benefit. 

"Yes, I usually have it scheduled that way so it doesn't interfere with classes." Plus, it gave her nice day lighting to work with when painting her kits during the weekends. She preferred that to artificial lighting any day. It didn't seem to bother her that much that she would have less model assembly and decorating time if she went to work at the reserve - it was just a time waster for her, after all. A very, very effective one at that.

"December?" After a moment's hesitation, she spoke. "Well... I can make it that particular Saturday, yes, but they can't really count on me afterwards. My family usually spends Christmas and New Year's in Japan, so I assume we'll be leaving as soon as the school year ends." Possibly even in the same day, knowing them. She didn't understand why they had to do it every Summer. She couldn't complain about all the fish dishes she would eat though, especially the salmon ones. "So, unless they don't mind waiting until early January, I doubt I should go so soon."

Chewing on her lip from the inside of her mouth for a moment, she had an idea. "Unless I go a little earlier, to get acclimated with the place?" She suggested. "Maybe there aren't so many kids around then, but I'd like to at least know what I'm doing before diving headfirst into any sort of responsibility." Despite loving kids, she wasn't sure if she could work with too many at once anyway. She'd rather teach a small group than find herself restraining rowdy ones.

"If it is for strictly educational terms, it would be foolish for the Headmaster not to let you do it, no?" It was a good point he brought up. "Maybe you can get help from him to attend, even. Or, you know, swing by an idea for a Health class field trip instead. That way the school benefits, a whole bunch of people go, and you also have transportation there and back." It felt like a no-brainer to her; but then again, it might be a financial nightmare. She wasn't exactly privy to school budgeting after all, but it didn't sound like such an expensive trip in her head.

"Fair enough." It was something that he understood well enough, that certain things needed to be prepared and situated on the weekends far away from the timeslot of classes. At least that had been his own method to make sure that he could do as much possible without studies suffering. That was something he couldn't afford without getting hit with some heavy ramifications for it. "Hrm. . . You have a point there. If you're going to end up leaving due to a family vacation then it wouldn't be much of an experience. Not starting out. Kind of the alternate of what we're going for."

He chewed on his lower lip in consideration of the next best idea, yet it seemed Chloe had beaten him to that with a quick leap. "Earlier is good, it wouldn't get the full wave of kiddo's but that probably wouldn't be a good thing either. Being stressed out trying to figure out how things work while minding a flood of the highest energy levels ever. . . Well, not a fun experience." At least he didn't find it fun himself. That would be some next level forms of stress for that kind of scenario. "Sure, I can talk with them and see if they'd be willing to have someone help out. Shown the ropes and get your hands a little dirty - or really dirty. Depends on the animal." A smile formed easily. 

Alexander rubbed the back of his neck slightly as he chuckled - she hadn't caught on to his meaning of 'Certain things'. He'd been much older than one would perhaps expect of his year. He pretty much was a young adult - full range to drink and be merry. "That'd be a lot of convincing. If it didn't originally fit into the schools plans and has no actual backing from the district that would mean the cost weighed heavily on those that would go along with their sponsor." Money wasn't much of an issue and part of him expected he could at least find someway to make it 'Official' with a bit of work and effort. "Though going to the facility has less to do with lacking transportation and more to do with it erring on the side of not possible. Er. . . By rules anyways. It's too far out from the school, can't really risk taking many more marks against my record of egregious levels." 

Accidentally setting an educator on fire probably placed him on not only a 'to watch list' with the school district, chances are he'd been standing on his last legs of being able to prove he could wield and manage his magic without unpredictable hazards. "But having others benefit from it is worthwhile, if I'm being honest. At least those that want to follow going onto Healing and other means more seriously."

"Thank you." It was all that needed to be said. Chloe had to consciously remind herself not to bow her head in gratitude like she had done earlier, her neck stiffing ever so slightly as she stopped herself mid movement from doing so. "I'll do my best, should they have me."

"Not possible?" For the moment she didn't follow, her eyes squinting ever so slightly. "Egregious levels? Are you having problems in your studies?" If that was correct, it made a bit more sense that this student looked just a bit older than he should. Has he been held back before? Although she failed to see how failing grades destroyed a compelling argument. What mattered in these situations was character, not education, and thus she completely missed the point. She could only hope the reasoning wasn't that flawed.

"I'm... not sure of what to say, to be honest." She ended up saying, discouraged. "All I can think is that you should try regardless. There's no such thing as an impossible situation, maybe you just haven't looked through enough solutions." She suggested. There was always a way in her point of view, people could just be ignorant of it. "Besides, everywhere is too far away from here. If that was an argument, there wouldn't be any field trips whatsoever..." Everywhere important, anyway. Narrie was too small a town to have lots of educational content on its own, surely there were systems in place for exploration further out.

"Then again... I suppose you know more about the situation than I ever will." She conceded. "It just doesn't sit right with me, I suppose..."

"Oh, I'm sure they will. Mrs. Mary is a really sweat lady. She's the kind of woman you could consider a 'neighborhood mother'. Cares for anyone that comes across her path, willing to feed them. -Loads- of food. Good food, but you can walk away pretty stuffed at times." At least they wouldn't go too hungry while checking out the animals and assisting around the reserve. "I'll even help out a bit. Just in case you feel a bit off or unsure, never hurts to have someone there that can help bring a situation to a more comfortable level." Another reason sprung into mind which hinged on making sure that she was comfortable in general. 

"Hrm. . . Problems maybe placing them lightly." Alexander had been surprised she hadn't heard any of the rumors. Though if she was as much of a bookworm as he'd expected then rumors were probably ignored or weren't even considered worth it enough to retain. Which was fine with him, the less people expected the worse with him casting the better the pressure could be handled for him. But it seemed he'd need to expound more behind his own words meanings. "I mean more so in going for myself. The extent on how far a student could go off on their own while under the schools guidance is minimal. Going into Melbourne, for example, would require either living off campus or some form of special baby-sitter of sorts.

Alex also couldn't use magical transportations without blowing himself up. But that bit of information need not be made known. 

"If going the route of championing for a class field trip, I'd only foresee the issue of it being a financial. Well. . . Financial for some. The issue in the long run would still be the way to get there. Which is personally why I would find my own way to it rather than rely on a field trip." His body was in too much of a precarious situation to ever work out that kind of scenario. Hell, he couldn't even used a broom. "Other intricate factors make it difficult for me to take usual wizarding transportations, it'd cost just too much to facilitate for a single student." He'd just chalk it up to his bodies illness - that had been his excuse for so long that it felt much more natural to speak that partial lie. 

"Guess in the grand scheme it's really just trying to find a plan that can work out. Hehe, I mean it isn't that pressing for me. If I need to wait until I graduate that's fine too, you know? For the time being I could visit my Niece's old doctor. She runs her own clinic and I imagine the cases she deals with could be equally as educating to me."

Taking a mental note of the name and processing the positive feedback Alexander was providing, Chloe found that the union between hobby and work in this matter proved to be potentially very fruitful and pleasant. Optimism filled her heart regarding the reserve, and she decided not to overthink it for a change. She wouldn't ruin it for herself, and she was truly grateful that Alexander would go out of his way to help her out in such a way.

Indeed she hadn't heard of any rumors regarding Alexander - she didn't even know who he was prior to this chance meeting, such was her social inadequacy. She couldn't say she remembered half the names and faces within her own house. She wasn't that good with that sort of association."Well, if you need help..." She trailed off. She had already offered help to Tyson just the other day, and it wouldn't be any different in this case. She rather liked helping in such endeavors, even.

It was very unfortunate that, no matter how hard Chloe tried to figure out a solution for this particular traveling conundrum, there was always some sort of obstacle lurking just around the corner so to block her path. For a moment she even considered suggesting some sort of fundraising so to rent out a magical bus - but how would they do that with so little time outside of studying for exams, and with most parents being unable to help financially? Apparition wasn't an option either. Most didn't have a license nor were capable of doing it without accidentally losing a limb. She couldn't suggest for the hospital personnel to deliver a lecture in Tally either, because there were always speech fees associated with it. It felt downright unfair.

Maybe she was just thinking about it the wrong way, but perhaps it was the kind of thing that needed to be calmly thought of instead of having a rushed answer. No point in considering it now. They should just move on from it, at least for the time being.

"No rush anyway. You got exams to worry about first, right?" If he was a sixth year, he had the SPIDER test to take on. "One thing at a time. Doesn't matter how long it takes you to get to where you wanna be, it just matters that you actually get there." Maybe things changed by the following year and he could have it easier - and be able to go. For all she knew, anyway. She certainly hoped so. "You come across as if you're not that hopeful with making it through. Is there any subject in particular that you're not handling to well?" Sixth year material wasn't beyond her after all. Maybe she could offer a few pointers.

"Hey, I'm always game for some help. Not one to turn it away, especially when two minds can mean a better chance at arriving at a pretty good solution." Truthfully, he wouldn't have considered a magicked bus. At any rate, the depth at how Chloe seemed to be willing to help was certainly refreshing for meeting a Sturt. In the past he'd mostly only associated with the more selfish kind, less of the selfless. Maybe there had been some hope for Sturt House? A personal joke for himself that much was for sure. 

"Ugh, exams. . . So fun, am I right?" The tone of his words dripped of sarcasm like a poison on a knife. "Ha, yea, exactly! I'm glad someone sees that isn't the length of the road but just getting there that's the point. Sometimes you'll need to get out and rebuild it instead of just running over and popping tires." It still was an odd concept to him. Having leaned more towards enjoying the time and the efforts when that was less likely a chance. "You're asking a very dangerous question there! There are a couple of reasons that  'Making it through' is bit on the rougher end of the spectrum.

The young man leaned back against the chair and took up his pencil and tapped the end of the eraser on top of his still opened notepad. "For subjects specifically? It's just my practical magical courses. Since this is a school trying to mostly teaching you how not to randomly blow up a person with magic? That's a pretty bad thing.  But that is what it is, can't be helped at the moment, unfortunately." The most he could do had been to 'limit' the ramifications of him using magic. He had managed to gain enough control over the long course of the year to better hone for the actual effect, yet he wasn't sure if it was enough to compensate for the sheer issue that took up the prior terms. "I'm actually quite ahead in my academical studies. I like to baffle the teachers, good on paper, bad in execution.

Another joke, yet he didn't wait for her to catch on it being as such. "The other being I'm never really sure when my health will keep me out of school. Been once in the past that it effected badly enough to impact my advancement to the next year." He rubbed the back of his head a bit and smiled as if trying to look on the bright side of things. "But, hey, I didn't miss a single day of school this year! A sheer improvement!"

"So... Every exam is an issue." Chloe concluded, as the vast majority had both a written examination and a practical one as far as she knew, when it came to SPIDERs and STINGRAYs. Was his wand one of those 'uncooperative' ones? How bad could it be, considering he got this far in his education? The more she prodded, the more confused she became. She felt like a fish out of water, and for once it showed in her quizzical gaze, almost as if she was analyzing the man.

The joke indeed sailed right past her yet again. She couldn't entirely relate to the boy - she wanted to know more for the sake of knowing, rather than for the sake of impressing someone. She made a mental note she had to work on her own capacity of being able to be understanding and put things into perspective, which was rather difficult when you sheltered yourself so much.

"Your health?" She attacked the angle that seemed the easiest to tackle, and the one that would most likely explain the incompetence in actually performing what they were born to do. "Would you mind me asking how it affects you in that sense, specifically?" She wasn't at all a Health expert - she wasn't even in the class, as he knew - but she couldn't help but be morbidly curious over the matter.

"I'd say practice makes perfect so you should just get there eventually with enough repetition... Unless something gets in your way forcefully. Illness might be it, depending on what it is." She suggested. "Even people with little talent can get through the system if they apply themselves, so this sounds strange." Or so she had witnessed in a fairly frequent basis. "Is there any level of magic you dominate and feel comfortable with? Or is your performance affected regardless of difficulty?"

"Some more than others." His shoulders shrugged as if it hadn't been any new revelation for him. It had been one of the many difficulties he needed to deal with, the solution not entirely within grasp at the moment. There had been mental and written out plans to supplement the issues or at least to correct which had thrown him off whenever the condition of his magic being more consistent would come into play. Of course, there had been no expectation that others would understand the peculiar situation. 

Alexander nodded subtly."Yeap, I have a uh. . . Rare health issue that causes significant pains and imbalances." It wasn't an entire lie but the truth was by far unable to be spoken by him."Makes my incantations more of a gamble. Sounds fun but it isn't all that it's chalked up to be when you kind of need it to -not- be a gamble in order to succeed in a lot of place." Such as school or even a career where magic seemed to hold many key's to the question of mending a wound. 

"Haha, I appreciate the suggestion but I can assure you it's less about practice. It isn't about the type of spells, the strength of the spells, or even the potential complication of the incantations. It just happens." By this point he was speaking of factual information, things teacher's had pieced together over the year and even the extent of it that had been noted inside of his 'Academical records'."It's an unfortunate thing, but it also is what it is." He knew that when the time came, if he managed to still be breathing that there would need be a very good accuse given towards people. Something he could hope to chalk up to an experimental and extensive medical procedure. "But you don't need to worry about me, honest. What we should worry about is making sure you have clothes to get a bit messy in with all of those animals!"

"Rare health issue...?" Chloe repeated as Alexander spoke, curiosity making itself known in her analyzing gaze. Past the obvious odd shade of blue his eyes presented, she wanted to see if there was anything in his appearance that could be attributed to him being sick. Not that she was a health professional to begin with, of course, but it was something she could file under 'look up later' in her head, at least to bring some peace of mind. She assumed it was incurable for him to let it go on like this, but at least she'd knew what he was going through, exactly.

"So, it's like playing Russian roulette with your wand." She didn't mean it as a joke, but more as a conclusion. Spells backfiring were known for being very dangerous, and having them happen on that frequent a basis could cause potential harm to him and others. She couldn't help but feel bad for him. "They won't make special exams for it? Surely they're aware you don't control these incidents, if it's a matter of pure randomness..." It didn't seem fair that someone whom would otherwise be able to perform things would be held back due to a factor completely out of his control. On the other hand, one could argue it was a matter of safety - the more complicated the spell, the more powerful the potential backlash, and the bigger safety hazard he'd be to himself and people around him. It went to show not every decision and outcome in the world was black and white.

"Eh?" The Sturt blinked in momentary bewilderment, caught off guard by the sudden change in topic. "My... clothes? Why?" After a few moments, her posture relaxed. "I don't mind getting a bit messy at all handling animals... I don't think that'll be an issue." Didn't those places usually have a uniform, anyway? Did she have to pick out her cheaper clothing just to work there? It didn't bother her one bit, but it stuck out as strange. Needless to say, the good humor flew past her a mile a second.

"Is this out of personal experience?" Perhaps he worked there before - she should prod him for information. "What can you tell me about the Reserve, exactly? What kind of work would they provide for someone like me there? I know a thing or two, but I have no formal college education in the matter, obviously..."

"Mhm." There had been no other way he could describe what had been going on with his body. The various different issues that made up of his 'condition' with the larger outcome being one that is much more permananet that anything else that would come up. Odd blue hues hadn't shifted from her gaze, almost as if he had nothing to hide in the first place. "I take and make my own medicine to reduce pains. Pretty effective for the most part, most of my research went into that at the start of the year. Fully herbal too so nothing harsh on the body. The benefits of being able to study this kind of thing.

Alexander snorted and it grew into a full sniggle. "Worse, more bullets in the chamber." It was hilarious to him but his compass on humor had been horrible. "Now, that just wouldn't be fair to other students, would it?" He was a unique case one that wasn't constant enough for it to constitute a building of an entirely special curricuilum to compensate for it. "However, the Headmaster and other Professor's know of my uhm. . . 'Infrequent' issue." Whatever came of their decision would most likely be based on that but also proper care and preparedness. This much he is aware of. 

"Always have to make sure. You never know what could happen. But if you don't mind your clothes getting a bit mess up then, hey, no biggie. Right?" He didn't think that he'd caught her off that badly with the sudden transition in the topic. He'd have to keep that in mind to keep her off balanced at times, she certainly had the bright eyes of an inquisitive person after all. 

A chuckle escaped and his head shook. "Not personal experience. But I say it's always good to be prepared, just in case." He had experience in the 'sudden'. To expect everything to be done religiously in a world of magic was one way to get caught off guard in many ways. That perhaps went doubly for magical creatures and their various forms and quirks. "I don't think they'd have you doing full on animal check-ups if that's what you're worried about. Basic knowledge that they'd expect for someone who may have studied Care of Magical creatures. That's also on top of just making sure the dietary portions get to their place and proper animal. Maybe even a bit of clean-up. Pretty standard stuff I imagine?"