School Status:
Tallygarunga: Term One, VMU: Semester One

House Points

Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
pxmBtN.png
An AU non-canon Harry Potter-inspired forum roleplay set in Australia.
THE AUSTRALIAN HOME OF MAGIC

VMU Students ☆ Quidditich Player - Chaser , Muay Thai Assistant✩ Kaitore
18 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ HE/HIM

"I can get it for ya', Chloe. That way ya' can save up for something to get ya' Sis." Tyson often made sure he had discretionary funds when it came to getting equipment and other supplies. Something like armbands had been inexpensive compared to some of the other stuff he often had to replace when time and constant use worn them down. "I'd say that's a win-win situation, yea?" He wasn't sure if she'd argue about it not being necessary but his mind also had already been long made up the moment it flowed from his mouth. The risks of having someone like him as a friend. 

"Window shopping sounds so. . .Bland." It was indeed the very definition of window shopping, but it was hardly different than price checking in his opinion. As a consumer a person should be aware of not only what they're buying but whether or not it's a quality they could try and trust. "Yea, it could be seen as rude. Course, it's also likely we'd show up again with a better idea and actually buy something. Think they'd like satisfied customers rather than folks who just bought something cause they felt obligated to walking in the store." He could see from the angle of a retailer that it could be considered rude but he also figured that business needed a certain standard of a gamble in that aspect. 

"I can get with that. Gotta' put together a list of the kind of stuff you like to look into. We can those kinds of places first, ya' know, the important things." That's how he classified it, after all, if it was something she was interested in understanding or getting things then it was important. Important enough to explore and check them out. "And ya' wouldn't be eating up my time, Chloe. Being a friend ya' entitled too time too. Just how things go." There were a lot of things he needed to attend to but there had been twenty-four hours in a day, he figured he could surely offer some of it to her without any hesitation or slacking in other things that demanded their own set of attention. 

Sturt ☆ Nature Reserve HelperKirupachi
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

"That's fine. You have more important things to worry about." It didn't sit well with Chloe to have someone who needed to save up in the first place, to spend any amount of currency with her. She wasn't about to let it happen, and was adamant about her decision. "It won't kill me to wait a few weeks for the armbands."

As Tyson suggested making a list, she didn't have anything specific to say. "I'd rather just aimlessly explore, I suppose. I won't know about new things if I just stick to the sort of things I enjoy." And for all they knew, there was a nice store hiding out there that was right up their alley - they wouldn't know about it if they didn't go out looking.

His ensuing choice of words took Chloe aback; or rather, word. Friend. Her eyes widened slightly at the implication that they did share a friendship, and she felt honored that he considered her such, even though she didn't quite understand what she did to earn such a thing. But, did she even know what friendship was, exactly? Could she say she was Tyson's friend? To her, 'loaning time' and 'helping others out' was just something she did for everybody. By that logic, was everyone her friend?

Before she could continue the skewed line of thought, she saw a vertical object approaching her field of vision. That was when she realized she was about to walk into a post. Fast reflexes took over and she quickly sidestepped the offending object, jogging a few steps to catch up with her colleague once more. It seemed that she had gotten distracted and almost paid a dear cost for it.

"...Right back at you, I guess." She eventually nodded, finally replying to his statement. "But I can wait for that, is my point. There are time sensitive matters in your hands, and I'll still be here when you're done with them. So don't think too much about that, alright?" Chloe thought it was a fair compromise. She glanced at him as she was making her point. "And the town will still be here. We'll have plenty of time. I'm fine with adapting." She couldn't adapt to social conventions, proper, but hell, she sure could adapt to help people no matter what.

"It's not a big deal anyway." She continued as they walked down the road, her eyes actually trained in front of her lest she nearly crash into a foreign object once more. However, for once in her life, she tried to take a stab at alleviating the situation. "Besides, I can just comb through this place by myself, right? Just you watch."

"Looking a gift Bourke in the mouth isn't cool, ya' know." Tyson joked lightly but shrugged. He wasn't going to force a present into her hands if she didn't truly want it. Each person had the choice in whether they wanted to accept. "Aight, but let it be said that I'm not the sort that didn't try."  A few things he wasn't too worried about and that mostly had been due to the time he'd given himself depending on the more likely route he'd end up taking. 

"Ya' would learn about them after. But I feel ya', wanna be surprised like it's a Christmas day. Can't fault for that." Sometimes that could be a better approach considering the various shops that littered the strip. He'd been more concerned with the potential 'one day it'd be there, one day it won't' potential risk. "I'll make sure to keep an eye on the weather. Sometimes it can surprise ya' when you make plans." Maybe not extensively surprised but keeping up with what could happen through the day would make it easier to plan around it. 

At first he hadn't caught on that she'd started to lag behind and wouldn't have known that it was due to his own conclusion of their relationship as friends. When he turned to take a glance at her and found her gone, a quick glance around the area ensued. Until she'd been spotted just dodging the object that had almost met her in a very painful way if it would have struck her. 

She guessed? It had been a reminder to him that her mother had been trying to get the young teen more social and into meeting her peers. Did. . . She have no actual friends? Or were they all just potential acquaintances? He shook his head as he smirked, considering that for someone who didn't have friends she worried like she was used to it with them. "Ya' worrying about it too much, Chloe. It's cool, yea? The problems will be dealt with and constantly jumping on em' like you're Mario won't really help anything. All ya' can do is plan and then just deal with life around until it's time to manage it.

It wasn't time for him, not fully yet. His scholarship would maintain for him Housing for sometime as long as he could keep up his performance and that was another time buffer. "Oh, yeah? By ya' self? Ain't that the jolt of courage in you!" That was good to see, he was happy that she had such a stern stance in what she could do in her own time. Her own mind decided that and not another dictating it. "Aight, if ya' do it alone then ya' Gotta' take pictures or videos for me. Yea? It's supposed to be our way of hanging out can't leave the other out when we do it. Sounds like a deal?"

"Mm. I suppose so." It took Chloe one too many moments to realize what Tyson was referencing there - she wasn't exactly well versed in gaming culture, unless it had the words 'Gundam', 'Armored Core', or 'Front Mission' attached (among very few others). "Not much of a planner myself, to be honest."

The joke had worked. The momentary relief with her success brought a small to her lips, although it didn't last too long. "Pictures?" Her hands weren't the shaky sort, but she had no experience with such a thing - outside of photos of her own built kits, that is. However, she wasn't someone to shy away of a new challenge, now was she?

"I... could, yes. I don't see the point, but I could." She confessed. "Why do you need pictures of a place you live in as is?" The girl asked in confusion. Truth be told, she didn't understand her generation's obsession with pictures, Muggle-style or otherwise. Definitely not the new 'selfie' fad, at least.

"I apologize if that sounds rude, I just don't understand why people would rather look at pictures of things instead of going to those places and seeing it for themselves." If it was educational, she understood - however, she really didn't get any sort of fulfillment out of looking at anything else in any way, finding it hard to process why people do such a thing.

"Spur of the moment, eh?" Not what he'd expected in her style but then again those that tended to have tight schedules did deserve those moments to just be wild, random - the very idea of spontaneous. "Aight, we'll do it your way one-hundred percent through, yea?" They could actually come out with more in that choice of action than actually making concrete plans about when, where, and how. That had been on top of the fact she was going to most likely be as adamant about them moving with his own schedule versus hers. 

Tilted his head slightly at her sense of confusion with his own brand of it. But her question was a fair one and maybe much more logical than he would have actually admitted or much more than most people would ever consider in general. "It isn't so much about the place, ya know? It's kind of like. . . Seeing the journey through ya' eyes a bit. Not literally, obviously." Not without some serious magic behind it at any rate! "But if I'm not there during ya' visits I wanna be able to say 'Ah, yea, I get what drew her there!' or 'Huh, I didn't know I miss that one!'" 

A shrug flowed from his shoulders but he continued on. "Plus, it's ya' memories and it's always good to have 'em. Ya' know? One day ya' might change and think you just wish you would taken more pictures of ya' youthful days. Well. . .At least now ya' gonna have those kinds of memories laying around commemorate the day. That and some folks may not be able to get there or only get there once in a life time.

Tyson's arm raised up as they approached the equipment store where he'd grab the door and held it open to allow Chloe to proceed him before he'd follow in. "There's no guarantee i'll choose to go to VMU either. Might end up going to somewhere far, too far where even using a travelling trick would cost precious time." Personally he didn't want to move away or even consider other colleges. His life was here, the few friends he did have or make as well as a Girlfriend. Yet, it had been someone from his life the asked of him to consider all options and not to stay just because others were here. "Anyways, it's just 'bout the sentimentality behind it. Something that like. . . Years later ya' can remember. Something to talk about how that day went, felt, almost like it was just yesterday even if it's five years from then. If that makes any sense.

He couldn't guarantee that it did make sense, the very idea of sentimentality had been for the internal feeling and reminder. It wasn't necessary but it helped people to remember certain days, moments, things that helped to shape them to who they were in that moment. 

"Mm. I suppose I understand..." The girl mused as they approached the sports equipment store. "And... not so much so, at the same time. Does that make sense? I suppose I'm not too privy on how important memories can be." Her life was mostly mundane up to that point - as mundane as a witch's life could be, anyway. She always sought peace and was never part of anything particularly exciting, and the only person actually glued to her was her sister.

That conversation was being far more enlightening than she ever expected it to be. She concluded that the reason why she wasn't keen on social endeavors was perhaps because she had never experienced them to the fullest - she never tried going out with people, never bothered to try something new and exhilarating. She promised herself to keep more of an open mind and seek such adventures out from then on. It couldn't hurt, could it?

"Thank you." She spoke as the door was held open for her and walked on through; although she held it open for him as well once inside the building. "That's interesting. Do you have any idea of where you want to go?" Travelling was something that did interest her, but for the time being she was unfortunately stuck in Tallygarunga. She would be lying if she said she didn't want to study foreign magical creatures such as dragons and zouwu.

The whole matter was a bit too abstract for Chloe to normally grasp, but Tyson had made it work. "Should we take a picture before you leave school, then? For old time's sake." She suggested. She admittedly felt somewhat uneasy about having two years left without Tyson in Tally - she wasn't terribly attached to him, but he was a friendly face at least. She didn't have that many within the premises at all. In fact, only her sister came to mind.

"Lead the way." She motioned towards the inside of the store for them to peruse the equipment. The armbands were probably hanging in some random corner anyway and they'd come across it by accident, so might as well go with his chosen path instead.

"Make sure to write, you know." She eventually spoke up as they walked. "In case you leave the area. I'd like to keep up with what you're doing." She sort of felt bad that she wouldn't be able to repay the favor that much - talking about her own life was every bit as enthralling as watching paint dry.

"Nah, I get ya'." The issue remained that he couldn't just 'tell' her, it would be a concept that words couldn't put into perfection perception. He wasn't even sure how to even give the idea of how others viewed it in general, not wanting to convince that it maybe good for her. That wasn't the case at all as in many cases memories were the bane of weight and burden itself. Things that carried around their own set of thorns that would dig deep in the mind, in ones subconscious. "Honestly? May not even be ya' thing. Some folks have pretty honed memories on their own, they don't need the whole idea of a picture to spark the events of a moment or a day.

A shrug flowed from his shoulders. "Some also want to see if they can live that kind of a day through someone else. Them looking at the picture and then imagine that they were there. Thinking about how the person described it. Kind of days people hoped they could have but never could." Maybe that came out much more morbid than he had intended for it to sound. 

They passed through the door and followed behind her and let it close behind them gently. Not wanting to chance that just letting go of the door could end up getting it destroyed from the sudden force. "I haven't been able to really decide too much. If the decision ever did come down to move out of good ol' Aus." An amused grunt pulsed from his throat. The thought itself held some enticement but it wasn't worth what he'd have to be away from as even with magic at the finger tips time still permitted a certain amount of existence and proper respect. What if he didn't have enough time and vice versa even for a couple of minutes?  "But I'll probably end up choosing to go somewhere within Australia. It's better for certain things that could just suffer badly from choosing to go away.

If he wanted a proper chance with Violet he didn't think that moving away would help them. Not with the fact that the college years introduced many new things and the lack of being able to share them with the ones he cared about is how people drift apart. 

A smile pressed on his face while his eyes gazed about the inside of the store. They seemed to have various types of equipment, some customized by what it seemed to be those without any major name brands slapped on the side. Those that did numbered in the few but weren't hard to find with a bit of effort. "Ya' sure? If it adds discomfort I wouldn't want to impose." If she didn't feel comfortable with it then he wouldn't push the idea. Though without responding he decided to weave his way through the shop and it's various obstacles. 

Coming first across a wall that showcased various styles of gloves for working out to recreational activities such as martial arts or other sports. "I'll load up the howler's. Gotta get them prepped for when I get reports of slacking social activities." His smiled shifted into a grin as he glanced back towards her. "Need to get ya' built up with a good circle of friends. The weirdest kind too.

"It could just not be for me, yes." Chloe started voicing her agreement before pivoting. "It could also be one of those things that I'll only know when I try it. I'm starting to think a lot of my line of questioning is attributed to that. Not bothering to try anything of the sort before, I mean." It pained her to admit, but she wasn't one to keep secrets anyway. It was better to be honest about how she felt anyway, it would help them reach a proper conclusion regarding whatever that much quicker.

"That's fair. I think I get that. Makes for easier Apparating, too." She thought her sister would suffer somewhat if she just up and left, too. At least for the time being. There would be a point in time where they would part, surely, but it was too early. The girl was too young. She needed Chloe there to protect her, and the older sister wasn't about to let her down.

She glanced at him at the notion of discomfort, and shook her head lightly. "I asked, didn't I?" She stated as a matter of fact. "If I offered, then I'm comfortable enough with doing it, regardless of how I feel about it. Don't overthink it." The irony of those words escaped her completely. "Besides, it would be nice to have a keepsake when you're gone." Maybe she'd place it on the QuillBook she never uses. Would give her a reason to actually bother to open it every once in a while anyway.

Finally, they had reached the equipment Tyson was seeking. "What's the budget?" She casually asked as they browsed the various gloves, keeping an eye out for better brands. Two pairs of eyes were better than one anyway.

Her gaze was drawn to his once more at the suggestion of a friend group, a concept entirely foreign to her. "The weirdest kind?" She repeated. "Don't I qualify as the weirdest kind?" What did, anyway? In her book, the weirdest kind would be one entirely inept at social interactions, much like herself. Did she really want to hang out with more people like herself? Were there even people as ignorant to such things as she was?

"I have trouble befriending one singular person, I don't think a 'group' would work for me." She continued, taking Tyson's saying too literally. After speaking, she tapped a hanging glove. It read 'Fairtex'. "These are good."

"Yea, but that's pretty norm." He found that it'd been much more nature at that point when things would appear and the urge to try them either increased or dropped dramatically. Admittedly, he'd been guilty about a lot of it and mostly kept focus towards the things that he'd like and found legitimate 'improvement' from them. "Like any problem, the solution is always working out that answer, yea? So, if ya' have a question then jump into the problem and see if you can find that answer personally." That method didn't work for everything, something you could only ever 'experience' by being those kinds of situations all ones life. Like Christmas Cards, sending those kind of things out had always been beyond his own mind. 

A nodded agreement was given. "Yea, less stress on the body. I mean just think you'd have to Apparate like it's an airline. Breaks in between. By the time ya' swing by it'd already be time to go. No real time spent." There were so many things to consider or rather not so much the quantity for him but the importance of the small few that have gathered. Still in the early stages of a support system being built and the option to move away from it before it could even be established presented itself. "Lots of still to consider. The moments where the pros and cons are just so equally heavy. Get the headache of a century.

Then a smirk formed and he chuckled. "Ya' did ask, huh?" That alone had been something to consider, the young teen had made an offer that would push her out of a comfort zone. The kind of offer that he couldn't really refuse without feeling bad for making her take that kind of a leap and not giving anything back to her. "Wait, I'm being accused of overthinking?" A finger pointed towards Chloe casually as a grin widened even more on his face. "By ya'? The lady and Queen of Overthinking herself?" It didn't escape his notice the sheer irony that steamed from the moment. "Keepsakes are pretty solid. Reminder's to try and not to forget or be forgotten, really.

There had been few things worse than suddenly being forgotten by friends or those that you had intended to build some form of memories with. 

Tyson tilted his head in thought for a moment, a hand rose up and cradled the edge of his chin in a thoughtful rub. "Budget. . . Well, think I'm maxing myself out at two-fifty. What I need shouldn't push passed that." Quality had been important to him and if he could get that without resorting to name brands then it would work out in the end. His eyes followed towards the glove set that she'd been examining. "Ya' do rank up there pretty high. Once rain dancing becomes a thing then it's top of the top." Not that he expected her to go into some stereotypical Witch fad like rain dancing. 

"Aye, sometimes ya' don't need to do anything though. Folks will just roll into your lap when least expected. Other times it can kind of be seen coming miles away." Eyes drifted towards the nearby hand wraps of similar brand that hung just above the hung gloves on a miniature shelf. Cheaper in price but it also meant they wouldn't last as long, costing more in the long run for the amount of activity he'd been used to. "Probably going to get a set of Black and Red's. Gotta' rep my House everywhere I go." His focus adjusted to the series of gloves that were displayed. 

"I suppose I should." Chloe left it at that. There was nothing else she could say - she just had to outgrow her reclusiveness and experience more things, for as mundane as they could be; even taking pictures, like Tyson had asked for. The stepping stone for it had come out of the blue, but she wasn't stupid enough not to take it. Day by day, step by step, she would eventually understand all the things that went right by her head at the moment. Even that elusive thing many people called 'humor'.

"Well, travelling from Perth to here should still be a bit heavy for one trip." At least for someone at their skill level, she thought. Maybe extremely skilled wizards could be capable of that in one go? But at least she was sure that transcontinental Apparating just wasn't possible without splinching yourself, and that was if you made it to your destination at all. "So it really depends on where you wanna end up."

A rare smile crossed her lips as her own words were turned against her. She realized her mistake in wording in hindsight - but she was still right, wasn't she? "What was the saying? Um... 'Takes one to know one', was it?" Was it? The Sturt wasn't sure, but she could swear she heard her sister talk back at her like that before. Would it fit the situation?

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind." She started paying more attention to price tags as she was browsing. It didn't seem like a combination of solid shin guards and gloves would even touch the top end of the budget though, which was definitely a good thing. "Rain dancing? That's a thing with Veela." She named the factoid off the top of her head, having studied various creatures a bit too much for her own good. The idea of befriending Veela didn't make her too comfortable, though. She had nothing against them at all - she just didn't like the effect their presence usually had on her, even if she was able to block out a portion of it. She could only suspect continuous exposure would wear that resistance down.

"Black and red..." She saw a lot of white and black or white and red instead, that was certain. "That's another thing I don't understand. House loyalty and such." Everyone would scramble to get house points and rejoice if their team won at the end of the year. She didn't honestly see why it mattered. To her houses were a means to sort like-minded individuals, and she didn't see how such a thing could even be considered a competition. Hell, she didn't like the sorting system to begin with. "Speaking of which, how is it like in the Bourke house? Over with Sturt, it's constantly a clash to determine whoever has the biggest ego." She felt out of place, more often than not.

Mild frustration started creeping into her mind as the only combination of the two colors required that she saw so far included white. Ultimately she pointed to a set of gloves that had a mostly black fist, mostly red wrist grip, and various details in white - the logo included, and it read 'Top King' with a little crown on top and white flames out the sides. "This?" The pair was around $80. 'Not bad.'

It was the best advice he could give anyways, that anyone could offer from his  own intuition. Though he expected it would have been something she already knew or would have come across eventually. Regardless, at least he covered just in case so that she didn't pop the idea much later in life where changing was at its most difficult peak. That was a pinnacle he found he was growing more accustomed to understanding as the years rolled on, the older he grew, the more he stepped into the world as more 'certified adult'. Everything had started to change, the way he saw them and how they'd translate in his mind and words. 

"Yea, I mean either way the safer way to travel would still be other means like a flying vehicle." That method worked heavily against everything he would have wanted to include to some extent. A hand rubbed from the top of his head towards the back of the neck and a sigh of exhaustion expelled. "No real 'wrong answer' but pretty damned impacting regardless." His hands waved slightly in defeat at the whole idea of it all. "Step at a time, step at a time. Ain't no way to make this kind of decision, though it's pretty helpful talkin' it all out." Insight from other views had been important when it came to trying to understand the momentum that each choice could take. Sometimes it was self revelation as well, hearing the ideas talked about aloud with constant bouncing back and forth. 

Tyson snorted as a smirk donned on his lips. "Trying the double-edged route with that one, yea?" Unexpected but not a displeasing response. Both of his hands rested on his waist as he shook his head finding it entirely comical that it ended up how it did. "Just remember, now that's actual material I can use against ya'. Can't have ya' stuck with Over-think-itus.

"That's what ya' got out of what I said?" He didn't want to burst her bubble of the random fact drop, that there were other people not of Veela origin that took to dancing in the rain as if it were a new fad on the block. "Just don't go accusing every rain twirler as a Veela, eh?" Now there would be an awkward moment, someone actively calling another a literal siren. That alone could end up as a compliment or insult, though perhaps more on the compliment end when it came to such an accusation in that kind of activity. 

"You don't understand it?" His arms crossed for a moment and his brow furrowed in thought as he closed his eyes. How to explain that form of companionship? The ties that bind of sort beyond simply being similar? "Take it like this, aight? A House is like Ya' family away from Family. A lot of folks come from rough backgrounds or even in a position where home is just too far to commute back and forth during school times, yea? The Houses build up that comfort, that circle of closeness. It isn't just being loyal to the House but to those people who help to make it better." He shrugged afterward though expected that it was a person-to-person viewpoint rather than the 'rule'. Most Sturt's he managed to meet seemed too distant, too far away from others to truly bind together. 

"Bourke is tight, man. Sure we have some uh. . . Pretty interesting 'characters'." That was the only way he could describe certain unique personalities without it making it seem negative. It wasn't a bad thing just something that required a bit of finesse to get used to. "We know everybody is different but we work and help each other like a team. It's pretty common to look out for one another and try to do better in the weak areas, ya know?" Not every person had been a sports sort but that meant those that only knew that kind of a life had others who were more studious to assist. 

Eyes shifted towards the gloves that had bene pointed out as he gently grasped at it and pulled it off of the hook and examined it intently. A soft hum vibrated within his throat and his head cocked to the side, much like a Pawn shop appraisal. "Flashy but tasteful, pretty good distraction too if competition." That had also been one of the reasons he wanted red, to trick the eyes perception to the stand out color. "Yea, I can roll with this."

"I'm the first to admit I overthink things." Chloe shrugged at the idea of it being ammo to get back against her, missing the intention of his phrase completely. "I kind of wish my brain would slow to a crawl sometimes, but it never seems to." She did realize how such a thing could make her sound arrogant, but as it wasn't her intention, she didn't much care. "It's tiring. Don't follow my example."

She glanced at Tyson on reflex at the question, not having realized at all she missed the mark. Then again, that happened every other exchange, didn't it? "Well... If there are rain dancers out there, I'm not usually out there myself to find out. That doesn't sound too healthy..." Though she did like the sound of rain. It served as nice background noise for studying.

'...I'm getting totally sidetracked again, aren't I?'

"It was just an expression, wasn't it?" For once, she caught herself. "I don't think I care if my friends are weird, or not at all. But I figure they have to be pretty weird if they want to hang out with me, so I suppose you're pretty out there as well. Same as my sister." It wasn't an insult in her eyes - she actually valued individuality. If anything, she'd be proud at Tyson if he could classify himself as 'weird'.

The comparison to a family was something she could understand. Hell, it was something she had already comprehended to begin with. Nonetheless, she didn't interrupt him, merely nodding along as he went on. She didn't actually fully agree with the concept when it came to Sturt specifically - while Bourke built each other up, Sturt tore each other down. It was commonplace to spot some sort of conflict breaking out in the Common Area at any given moment of the day.

"A family is something I can understand, but I don't see how that extends to wanting to beat the other families out." It all boiled down to the same issue she brought up early in the day - competition. She realized this, and sighted in defeat. "Nevermind. I'm running in circles at this point."

It seemed that the glove she had picked was the one that won the bid. That meant he had to buy shin guards next. She let him lead the way. "Mm. I was just thinking. If you leave, you'll have to drop the Muay Thai instruction job, right?" As they walked, she looked around for the arm accessories. "That probably means I'll have to step up. I wonder if my game is up to par."

Another one whiffed over her head. By this point he wasn't sure why he kept trying to give these kinds of passes other than the fact it was just part of his nature but he figured eventually she would need to learn how to deal the difference. "Ya' example? Pretty sure I'm the one in the position for examples." He gave a questioning glance then proceeded to slightly chuckle. 

"Some of the most unhealthy stuff can pretty fun." Playing a sport in the rain, the way it complicated things or even just how the level of challenge would instantly alter. The first thought that came to mind for him had also been the idea of a mud fight. The sloshy and caked on feeling along with the enormous cleaning bill that is needed soon after that kind of effort. "Ya' know, every person has that thing that makes them feel relieved, yea? Kind of like a hobby that washes stuff away for a moment." Stress relief were necessary in any capacity as long as they were productive and not destructive. "HA! Yea, I'm pretty weird. I'm the person that brings equipment to school for training. Should see the looks I get sometimes."

A slight snicker escaped from him, at least he caught on to the fact that it was the previous problem involving 'Competition' that didn't suit well for her. "Winning is presumed goal but it's much more than that, ya feel? People don't see it until they're just on their way out but the real goal is just to make strong bonds. People that strive together to do better in any arena will do better." That was just a fact at the end of the day. You set a goal, tell people they need to attain it, change it into an obscure game with the true aim being that others would work together, become stronger together as the years went forward. 

The thought hadn't occurred to him now that she brought it up and as he had led the way he stopped for moment and chewed the inside of his cheek in contemplation. "Yea, means I'd need to try to go ahead of schedule to try and secure another job if moving away ends up being the choice." That had to be the hardest decision out of everything. He enjoyed the time he spent, the effort that had been helped to cultivate and the change it put in the various kids and teens that had some form of issue. Anger, alienation, even low self esteem to know it can be a driving force. 

Tyson turned towards Chloe and despite the fact the thought had been a somber one for him, a smile persisted and he gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "Yo' you'd do great. Just don't make it ya' everything, aight? It's gonna be tougher with ya' in that position and so close. Probably the hardest fight to try and resist being molded in into something that just isn't fitting. But I know ya' can make your own choices and decisions."

"I suppose it can, but it's not wise." Despite this, Chloe knew that if she really wanted to do something she would do it regardless of consequence. It felt quite hypocritical to criticize it, so she ultimately opted not to anymore. "Someone could twist my hobbies as 'playing with knives and dangerous chemicals'. It's not that different I suppose..." She ended up voicing her thoughts. Maybe she should play in the rain sometime.

"How... How is that weird?" She did the same. But then again, she ranked pretty high on the weirdness spectrum. As soon as those words came out of her mouth her face contorted ever so slightly with that realization. It was actually really getting under her skin how oblivious she was to the most mundane of things.

"Camaraderie." She summed up Tyson's explanation in a single word. "Kind of what we have, except in a more competitive environment." One could argue theirs was competitive - it's just that Chloe never really cared. "There's not a lot of that in the Sturt house, I don't think. And I feel like half the people there are about to explode over not winning the House Cup this year. Y'know. Everyone's to blame but themselves." Not like she could use a 'House Cup' in her curriculum to get a job with kids, animals or in the Muggle world - it went right over her head. "Maybe your team could teach mine a thing or two, if the Sturts ever bother swallowing their pride."

The shin guards were in sight. However, out of the corner of her eye, she saw Tyson turning towards her. As a result the sports equipment was quickly forgotten as she turned her head to glance back at him. "I don't know. I'm not half as good at Muay Thai as you." She had been there since she was just a little kid, but she branched out immensely; Tyson, however, was a true master of the art. Could she even hold a candle to him? "I can't give competition advice, either. Plus, I'm not sure if I even have the time without giving up some things." Mainly her other sports. She really, really didn't want to drop Krav Maga.

"Knives and dangerous chemicals? Ya' sound like some character in a comic book. Just waiting for it to explode and warp ya' DNA into some wicked mutation involving knives." He wouldn't have been surprised if that actually had been a premise for a character in someone's rough draft of a super-heroic figure. Perhaps even much more aptly a villain who had some unending vendetta against anything involving chemicals and it's dangerous potential to make people into something they weren't meant to be. 

He squinted for a moment as if that question didn't need to be fully answered. But the way her expression had changed was too cute - like a kitten that just realized it's 'well planned' pounce had failed entirely. "Most folks who don't come form the Muggle world like us don't see the point in that kind of thing. Not many take up the personal art of improving oneself through martial prowess." Truthfully, there had been a small pool of people he could even imagine that came from a background or even attempted to learn those kind of talents. Even if it made sense to him that not every situation ill end up with your wand in hand, no way to defend yourself.  

That wasn't the kind of legacy he wanted to live if it came down to it. 

Tyson nodded as she seemed to sum up his summary in a single word that held much more of a fistful impact than explanation itself. "Yea, exactly! Win or lose the objective is just to walk away with the ultimate win for everyone, folks you remember and continue to be important in ya' life." In a lot of cases people drift away when it came to schools. The longer time invested in Tallygarunga, years on top of years, it was enough to solidify those who would make it worth it to themselves and those they've connected with simply by companionship. "Winning the house cup is a pretty rough bout. The secret is ya' just be yourself, if you're a good kind of a person? Probably will end up getting the bit of points for the House. Some staff members reward pretty much on not being a jackass." His eyes fluttered for a moment and then rubbed the back of his neck. "But I guess. . . That'd be a kind of a problem with majority of the Sturts hanging about, huh?" He only knew of two, one had been a loose cannon while the other kept herself at a distant of most things. 

"Ha! Yea, I don't think we could teach them if they've not learned by now." That would require that those other students actually see what the other Houses were doing. Even with Flinder's behind in the race they often were a well-oiled machine and connected with one another. Honestly, He'd even go to say they'd be the better collective of a team even compared to Bourke. 

His eyes inspected the shin-guards briefly as he hummed at the various styles and colors. Something that was an easy black seemed better, harder to see the dents that would eventually cover the surface of it from rigorous training. Then he tilted his head as she gave him a glowing compliment with a hard to cool smile that curved. "That ain't fair comparison, though. I think ya' have the talent to probably get there quicker and better at that. Your knowledge of multiple styles actually gets an edge, ways to teach those how to get around the usual guards and notice the signs better." That was something he lacked and often in the sort of Mixed Martial Arts competitions, it relied on a trying to read the opponent before hand with little knowledge or awareness on the first few encounters in the ring. "Sometimes the best competition advice is just information on different styles, ya' know? If you know that you can start training ya' body and style to adapt bit by bit for those types of situations.

A hand rubbed at his chin as he thought. "I mean, it's still a hypothetical situation, yea? If I don't move won't really be much of a problem." If she could still manage to do what she loved didn't he have an obligation as her Mentor to make sure she could do them? Explore them without having to be held down? 

The way Tyson put it sure made it sound a lot grander than it actually was. She scratched her cheek somewhat awkwardly, coming to the realization she was about to put the (admittedly fantastic) notion to rest. "It's... rather boring for most people, actually. I just need to use scalpels, tools and spray paint for model kits. I build them as a hobby." She explained. Even in the Muggle world it was a bit of a peculiar hobby, as far as she knew. Most people didn't envision sitting in a chair and building what was a small figure for many hours at a time with little room for error as their definition of 'fun'. "Still beats out dancing in the rain, I think. At least I'm indoors when I do that." Nevermind the danger of slicing your finger if you held up the pieces incorrectly.

"...Mm. Yeah, I can see that, but still. I guess I just can't shake off 'Muggle common sense' so easily. Neither can you." Old habits die hard. "Even so. I don't really do it to improve myself, necessarily. I just like exploring that sort of thing. And maybe it sounds odd, but I appreciate what Muggle hands and minds can do more than what magic can." It took a whole lot more hard work and ingenuity to replicate similar things, and Muggles just dominated things already existing in nature. For as destructive as they could be, that adaptability was certainly admirable.

It felt like beating a dead horse at that point, trying to work with the Sturts. Tyson was right - there wasn't a thing they could do to teach them how to work as a cohesive unit from an outside standpoint, and Chloe was just one person and knew first hand that they wouldn't bother to listen to someone as passive in general as she was, competition or not. Their own arrogance was their downfall, and since she didn't really held any Sturts too close to heart, she didn't feel particularly bad about it. It was rather ironic, however, because she would help them to the best of her ability if they so much as asked.

The conversation was starting to be a bit distracting, and Chloe found some difficulty in actually processing the colors of the shin guards she was looking at while maintaining the extended conversation with the Bourke. "I know I can do it." She elaborated. "I'm just not sure if I'm the right pick for the job." She was of the school of thought that you should only do something if you sure you wanted to when it came to important life decisions - an actual job was one of them. Did she want to teach an art she had grown mostly disinterested in over the years? Would it be fair to the students if her heart wasn't fully in it?

"...Last case scenario, we can just hire someone else." There weren't a whole lot of martial arts masters in Narragyambie, of course, but she hoped one of their more tenured practitioners would be up for the task instead. It was easy money in her eyes. "It shouldn't be that hard."

Of course, she knew full well no one would move out to the sticks for a part time job in some random dojo.

"...I shouldn't worry too much about it. One thing at a time." She ultimately settled with focusing on the upcoming exams. She wasn't one to worry too much to begin with. She needed to stop letting the prospect of doing something she didn't like far down the road get under her skin.

"Aye', no different than the folks that choose to build up cars just for the hobby of it, eh?" He could think of a few people he had come across that found a form of enjoyment in building up complicated technical pieces. Putting them into some form of course and get them going to see that work in actual use. Others, they preferred the much more artistic route towards their hobbies. Building and admiring, sharing and show casing the kinds of things their minds crafted. "Ha! Yea, I guess to someone that prefers indoors the outdoors stuff would look like a crazy persons ideal world, wouldn't it?" Perspective, it was a thing with people. It didn't make it wrong or right either, just the way that things were. 

Tyson's head shook lightly. "I don't think it sounds odd. But I also get what ya' mean. With magic it's kind of. . . Expected even if it's fantastical by their standards. In a world and society where probability is changed by the whim of will it doesn't leave much to actual accomplishment in a lot of areas, yea?" He shrugged casually with a broad smile formed. "But when ya' given something that's already made, expected to make something seemingly new without the help of being able to alter probabilities well. . . That's true innovation."

"Yea, don't worry about that kind of stuff." She held a big heart but ultimately it wouldn't be her problem to solve. That would be left up to her mother and whether she had been prepared for that form of eventuality or if sometime would need to be given for proper interviews. It was largely a 'What if. . .' scenario and while it had been important to prepare for it, swearing by it as the choice being made would be folly. "And don't worry, I'd miss ya' too." He said jokingly as if that had been a hidden reason on the concern in her mind. 

Leaning forward a bit more and dropping into a crouch, eyes glazed over the various shin guards that were up for offer. His hand reached out to grasp one designed in a deep black with a firm foundation design, one that curved entirely around the shin as a form of comfort and support even for the most throttling strikes that could impact against it. Examining it by turning it about had a single finger run along the edges on the inside of it. Touch alone gave an idea of the manufactured craftsmanship that went into it. 

"So, what do ya' plan to get for your sister? Any idea or haven't really been looking too much yet?" After making the selection of which guards he'd decided to use, he stood up. Attention shifted fully towards Chloe. "Needed any help to pick out something?"

"I don't prefer indoor activities." She corrected Tyson on reflex. "I don't know if I have a preference, for that matter. My interests seem to be in completely different worlds from one another. Maybe 'geeky' encompasses half of them, at best." If anything, she had more of a health concern over dancing in the rain than anything else.

"It's ironic. Muggles have the need to appeal to fantasy and outlandish elements for power fantasies, to feel entertained, thinking their lives would be more interesting. In the meantime, someone like me wants nothing more than to live with what they have instead. It's not all it's cracked up to be." A lot of people usually forgot to account for the associated dangers of their imaginations. A lot of people thought it would be fantastic to live in a world with dragons. Dragons did exist, and if it weren't for the wizarding community, Muggle populations would be terrorized by them. There were always two sides to a story.

By then, she had learned to at least mentally process Tyson's joking tone, even if she didn't get the joke right away - it made for saving herself from further social embarrassment, at least. "Yes, I'll take your advice. I'll just worry about it when the time comes."

It seemed that the shin guards had been picked out. Their little shopping spree had been completed, sans for the check out process. "Mm, not from here." She shook her head while motioning them to walk. She opted not to look at the armbands after all as there was no point in concerning herself with it at that moment. If she really needed to see the price she could just look it up online anyway. "I was thinking of going to Mrs. Kempsey's Corner Store, actually, to get some candy for her on the way home. I think she'd like that." For that matter, she probably had to keep her from becoming an employee, such was her sweet tooth.

"I believe that's everything." She said, motioning to the items Tyson was holding. "Let's go. We've been killing a lot of time, we have to watch out for the curfew."

His arms crossed securely against his chest and head cocked slightly to the side inquisitively. "Oh yea? Then what kind of activities do ya' do that make it 'geeky'?" He hadn't seen her too much in any environment that hadn't been held indoors. As such, part of him had been skeptical on that stance but he also knew that people weren't so based in simplicity when it came to the variety of things they have done or at least were willing to do. He did notice she had a specific stance on health based on what she'd ordered back at the café. 

"The two worlds go hand in hand, more than what people may think or consider. The stuff that exists in the Magical world gives heed to what Muggles think don't exist for the most part. Then ya' have the stuff they've made that some magical sort thought and said 'Oh, hey, what if we changed this up. Then we can use it too!'." Tyson sought more but he sought the adventure that came with discovery, experiences gave heed to stories that could remembered and told. It didn't always need to be grand or breathtaking but something that helped to show the steps he took, the way he walked. That was an admirable thing to seek. 

There had been no initial insight on his end on whether or not the joke soared over his head. At the very least, he assumed that she'd gotten sick of constantly trying to refer to the meaning behind them and had opted to not bring attention towards it. And she seemed to be on the same track on worrying about the issues when they become one, right now it hadn't yet been brought up as one. Though he'd need to make a choice soon, time wasn't a good friend towards these kinds of things. 

The urge to just snatch an armband for her had grown in him as they passed by the rack of them. But she had been adamant on not being given anything, it didn't help that he wasn't aware of her preferred style or brand. Something he'll need to keep a careful watch when she did end up buying some for the future.  "That sweet tooth is a lure like no other. Quality stuff there too, doesn't do well for the waist and the wallet." He snickered lightly while he placed the items on top of the counter, the numbers were rung up and he proceeded to pay for them. Then grabbed the bag after everything had been positioned inside of it with a small little pamphlet that worked as flyer for the establishment. 

"Yea, I don't want to get chewed out for having my underclassmen out here. I could always make an excuse up for myself. But I don't want to start slapping late marks on ya'." Tyson angled his head to point as a lead towards the door while he opened it up and exited but held it open for Chloe to follow along. "Well, if ya' want, we can see about some special order candy for her later on? Get like a box and some stuff, grab and go sort of thing."

Chloe shrugged, mostly to herself. "What's considered as geeky usually, I suppose? Outside of model kits... Sci-fi, robotics, computers. That sort of thing." There was no point in going into detail about that sort of thing. Each was a massive world on its own right and she could talk about them for a week; they were pressed for time, so she let it go.

Chloe nodded in agreement, having nothing to add to Tyson's statement. Instead, she posed a question. "Do you ever wonder what it would have been like if we were Muggles?" She had, multiple times. If her elementary school progression served for any indication, she would either find school terribly boring or would advanced grades and be done by then. Would've she pursued programming? Or would've she found her love for animals and followed veterinary medicine? Even if it was useless to ponder on such things, she found it amusing to imagine them.

As they approached the counter for payment, it finally struck her that they had been talking freely about such topics in a Muggle store. It was perhaps for the best that it was mostly empty, but it made her more cautious about her words and where she spoke them from then on. She muttered a 'thank you' as he held the door open for her and they headed outside.

"I guess we could. Gives me time to ask her what she wants too." Chloe nodded as they went on with their planned path. The sun set later in the early days of Spring but the sunset could already be seen in the distance, noting they should hurry back. "So long as she likes them."

"Hrm…" His head shifted in thought, he did ask her to try and expound on something that had been one of the most broad subjects about. "Ya' got me there. Why not do something neat like make little segments of the stuff that's been done?" There had been a duo reason or this kind of suggestion in his mind. On one hand it allowed for him to understand a bit better what occupied her hobbies, things that were important to her. It also had been to hopefully put into effect others that could admire that kind of dedication and those that may have similar or the same ones that could build a form of bond. More friends, that's what he knew she'd need regardless if he moved or away or not, he'd be leaving Tallygarunga and she'd need a much more stable ground and connection to others. 

"Eh?" The question caught Tyson off guard and his expression shifted to show the bewilderment from it. A serious hypothetical but he also should have expected that kind of introspection from Chloe. "Honestly? Once in a blue moon. I mean, my parents tried to raise me like that so I have a vague idea of 'what it'd be like'. Not really by much." He didn't live that world long though he could say the same for the wizarding world. There were so many things he'd been hit with that actually existed, stories that were read or told having more truth or a morphed truth to it in the other society. "Maybe would have been some kind of football player or fully dedicated to Muay Thai. Looking at going into some kind of MMA racket.

He had been aware the store itself had been one established by a Muggle, but he often let the imagination that most people think the things kids and teens talk about these days had something to do with Television. The outbreak of things like anime made disguising talk less of a need and more just for the nuance. 

Looking towards the sky for a moment he allowed for the timing of its change be his version of streetlights about to turn on. His pace started to pick up a bit into a hastened walk. "Sure, take all the time ya' need. No need to get her something she wouldn't enjoy. But always good to personalize it so that she knows effort is made cause she's important to you.

"Make little segments?" Chloe repeated in confusion. "What do you mean? I don't understand." She shook her head as she spoke, emphasizing how puzzled she was at his wording.

"Mm. I guess that's just me, then. I think about it sometimes." She confessed. Would that make her seem as ungrateful for the magic she was endowed with? Did it matter? "My mom would be perfect to introduce you into such a world." She mused aloud. She had once been a competent MMA fighter herself, after all. "I think I'd get into programming by default. At least, I think that's what they would have wanted." A very competitive field. Of course it would have been pushed on her. To an extent it was regardless, but despite being Muggles, here parents weren't dim enough to completely reject Chloe's magical talents, wanting her to pursue something within that area as well.

They were finally heading towards the Wizard shopping district. They still had to get to Zoom's Brooms, and they needed to check the candy for her sister. All in a day's work. "What's your favorite? Take it as a thank you gift." The irony of her words, for once, didn't escape her. It was a matter of seeing who was more stubborn about spending money they shouldn't touch at that point.

"Ya' know. . . Record your models? Do like. . . A video on you making it and the process. Never need to show your face just hands and what ever model and tools you're working on and with." A Gentle shrug flowed from him. It seemed like a pretty simple idea to him, it had been something to connect with others about various ideas and the way they've made their own models. That had been on top of those that had interest but wouldn't know where to start to begin with. "Wouldn't believe the people that just sit there like 'Man, I'd like to try it but. . .' Then someone gets a bit brave and is all 'Yea, man, this is what I made and my method!' Boosts up a persons confidence knowing someone else could and has done it before their eyes.

A chuckle escaped from Tyson. "Yea, I imagine she'd probably end up pushing me to go through the MMA world in her own special way. Course if I hadn't gained the talent of Magic? I wouldn't have been allowed to start Muay Thai." It sent a shiver of disgust through his spine. Sometimes the alternate route had been just a horrible life to live entirely. "Parents would be pushing me to study hardcore, putting cash away and force me to go into Law School or Medical School. Just to prove that having a job with a lot of loads and with a field of tons of accolades was something good to have. Bragging rights of sorts to the rest of the family." As if it made a difference to the more magical relatives, it would have been just a self-loathing situation where he'd have hated every step of his existence. 

Tyson's gaze shifted towards her. "Favorite? My favorite is the ' Ya' not buyin' for me' ' special. No go, Chloe. Gotta' save up what you have for what's intended. And ya' Gotta' learn to spoil ya' self." Sometimes a person needed to splurge, be a bit selfish for their own desires. There wasn't any harm in doing it, to show yourself gratification about treating for one reason or another. Maybe even just to make sure you appreciate yourself and your own efforts. At least in some form of moderation. "And if I get bought on, you get one too on me. It's gonna be an equal exchange or nothin'." If he couldn't do it just because of how he had been as a person, then she couldn't unless the two of them met a viable compromise. 

Once they'd made it to the candy store his arm raised up and he pressed his hand against the door to open it up for the two of them. "Or I can settle for just spoilin' ya' like you're my kid sister from another mister."

"Oh, a video. I guess I could do that, but, I do have pictures already. Let's see..." Chloe reached for the outer compartment of her gym bag, partially zipping it open, and retrieving her magic-proof smartphone. After unlocking what looked like a screensaver of a little white kitten, she quickly went to the image files she had, opened one and handed the device to Tyson. She didn't seem concerned over him potentially scrolling through something he shouldn't see, mostly because she had no such things in her phone - only pictures of the figures of varying grades, Frost, and her sister.

"I can't imagine living in such a stifling environment." She found herself saying as Tyson brainstormed on what he would have become should he be just a Muggle. It was the proof to confirm she truly had it easy. Maybe actually meeting her mother halfway on occasion wouldn't be so bad, if only as a display of gratitude.

"Like I said, it's a thank you gift. So, it's already covered for on your end." Chloe elaborated. "I didn't expect to be given so much to think about today, and I really like it. It's not like I'll break the bank with one piece of candy anyway." Equal exchange? If anything, in her point of view, what Tyson had provided completely dwarfed such a small expense.

They walked into the store, and for once, Chloe seemed to be comfortable with the premises. She was all too familiar with the place, having made the detour more times than she could count for the exact same reason she was standing there today for - buying a treat for the ones she cared for. "No, just get to choosing."

Tyson grasped the phone which ended up slowing his walking pace slightly, just to give himself more time to react if something should shine with his peripheral. The tip of his finger pressed to the screen of the phone as he scrolled through the content. It hadn't been a brief one either, each one he'd give an appraisal glance and not because he knew of the work itself. It had been because he found it intriguing that someone would hold the patience and concentration to not only piece together the various models but also the effort behind customizing them, personalization that gave voice to a persons style. "That's pretty nice. Never went to one of those places where a bunch of people gather together? Compare parts and models? Stuff like that? They have like. . . Game Centers or even  Toy Centers that do that kind of stuff.

It'd been ironic, Models were hardly classified as toy's yet people only saw them as such not really going through the thought of understanding the complexity of even trying to attempting. Often the first few attempts had people breaking parts for not being delicate enough, that didn't even include the various takes to proper painting technique. 

"Oh, yea. My folks are the types that want to show that the Muggle world is better, much more lucrative and rewarding than the Wizarding one." A short shrug formed as if it had been old news to him. It had been something he had to live with and had already waved it off as the simplicity of feeling inferior. "It's what happens when ya' live with people that have a complex issue of some sort. They feel they have to do better for someone else, not just to provide and give a good life to those they promised to take care of." He didn't live an uncomfortable life at the start of it all and even then he'd more or less been emotionally neglected and then actually neglected by being tossed out. 

"Ya' wanna thank me?" The young man chuckled and shook his head with a wide smile. "Then all ya' need to do is let it stick in your mind and help you out when you're not sure what to think. Just take the advice and use it, that's all. Now if ya' saying two friends buying one another candy? Then that's different, I can get behind that one hundred percent." He wasn't budging on that stance. He didn't want to be compensated for some form of material good in exchange for genuinely caring and talking with someone, everyone needed to learn and understanding different things. Especially with lives that were similar in certain aspects but drastically different in others, a way to see the other side of the fence and learn to take the knowledge from that and apply it.