Sturt ☆ Fifth Year Kirupachi
16 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ She/Her

As with every other time as of late that Chloe had gone to train in her mother's dojo, she was practically kicked out of the building as soon as practice (and changing, thank goodness) was over. She could tell it was one of her efforts to make the teenager more social than she was - if she were to get to the dormitories much earlier, she'd have more time to socialize with fellow Sturts and even her roommate before lights out. She didn't particularly concern herself with this that much, however, walking at a leisure pace up the Tallygarunga Road. There were still a few kilometers left in her path, but she was sure she could make it back to the campus proper before curfew. Good exercise until then anyway.

She briefly wondered if she should go eat something before the long path, or eat at school and spend her detour time at the local hobby shop. Once remembering her birthday was soon and her father's tradition was to shower her with supplies, however, she opted for the former. Would most likely be a healthier option regardless.

Entering a nondescript Muggle café just around a corner, she ordered an orange smoothie and a small blueberry muffin. After leaving a small tip and retrieving the little bread treat, she decided to sit at a corner booth by the window of the establishment so to wait for her smoothie to be prepared.

The place seemed somewhat empty. Was it new? She hadn't seen it before, as her usual go to was near the hospital. Speaking of which, she started wondering if her father would be upset over her bringing business to their direct competition...

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Quidditich Player - Chaser , Muay Thai Assistant✩ Kaitore
17 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ HE/HIM

Training always seemed to be a break from the larger weight that reality seemed so insistent on welding around him and by that extension others. All the time that he had been investing into the dojo in the bit of downtime that had been offered to him kept his sights focused on the larger picture. For once he didn't want his mind to wander on when the next shoe would drop at the School after the call to keep vigilant. At least he had managed to get a lot of that built up aggravation exhausted through todays session which had been much more intense than usual. He even spent a bit more time in the showers for more of a cooldown period and really he wanted to walk around extremely sweaty?

After a several glancing goodbyes and waves he would be out of the door with his bag of clothes strapped over one shoulder and already well on his way to walking up Tallygarunga Road. He arched his arm to glance at the watch strapped to his wrist, it was magically enhanced so that typical reaction for machinery wouldn't occur from spells and similar situations. "Aight, A bit more time on my hands than I expected." Whispered self confirmation while also taking a glance around the area, there seemed to be a few more newer shops. 

One in particular caught his attention which had some form of café, before he knew it his feet had already chosen that course for a brief break. Walking in he had been hit with the smell of baked goods that lingered in the air, the fresh fruit that embedded inside. That aroma is what sold him as he ordered a cranberry scone along with  a green tea sweetened with honey. Just as he was about to start to go through the process of choosing a seat, a familiar face beckoned more of his attention at a booth. He took his slip with the assigned number on the receipt and made his way towards the booth and scooched onto the opposite side. 

"Didn't expect to see ya' hanging around this place, Chloe." He instantly relaxed himself into the back of the seat as the edge of his elbow rested on the table and face rested on the broadside of his knuckles. "Surprised I didn't find a book over here with a bunch of notes being taken. Quick break before heading back to the school?"

At first, the Sturt hadn't even noticed her colleague sitting down in front of her, lost in her own little world as her gaze peered out the large window adjacent to their seating of choice. It took him speaking up to catch Chloe's attention. The sudden noise didn't frighten her and she quickly relaxed once recognizing her company, not minding it one bit.

"That's what I was thinking about, actually." She replied with a nod to the greeting. The faint humor of his quip went right over her head. "I don't see why I would bring a book to Muay Thai."

Barely a moment after she spoke, the smoothie she requested was served. That was a larger cup than the ones her father served, and she made a mental note to mention it to him at some point. She nodded in acknowledgement to the waiter before he left. "Maybe not so quick, but a break nonetheless. I don't really like returning so soon." She rather enjoyed the sunset, or even night time; she always considered it quite unfortunate for Tally's curfew to be so early.

Remembering her mother's lecture on 'social conventions', she decided to keep the conversation ball rolling - even though she wasn't exactly sure how to. Briefly, she entertained the thought of Mrs. Stewart sending him there, for as improbable as it was. "What about you? Not looking forward to going back either?" She asked, taking the time to sip on her beverage through the provided straw afterwards.

Bourke ☆ Seventh Year ☆ Quidditich Player - Chaser , Muay Thai Assistant✩ Kaitore

Disturbing her gazing hadn't been his intention yet he also hadn't noticed too much that it was actually occurring. Often one of the things he'd take for granted in not noticing, at least until it was a bit more obvious by the small delay in when the attention shifted. He took the bag he had been carrying about and slipped it onto the floor yet right next to his leg as a reminder for him to not forget it. 

Soft snorted chuckle formed as a reaction to her response. That's what he got for aiming humor at the more serious and studious sorts. "Yea, I decided on the same thing. A bit hungry so wanted to grab something to hold over." His shoulders shrugged casually. "Hey, some Sturt's I know practically walk around with a book in hand. Sometimes I swear it's tattooed to the hip." An exaggeration that he was well aware of, the larger irony had been most of those in Sturt House he had been acquittanced with were more likely to get into active exercise and then study right after. 

Tyson's gaze turned towards the window as he caught the spark of the sun as it had begun its drift out of sight, making way for the eventual debut of the moon. "I feel you on that. But at least when it's closer towards the weekend there is that extension. Those are the times to try and get out more and plan some stuff to do on them. I admit though, I'll miss the curfew." This had been his last year and with the term and school year barreling to a quick close he wouldn't be there for much longer. The desire to savor the last bit of this part of his life had grown intensely as the year pushed ahead. 

He shook his head lazily. The arrival of his own drink came as they gave a very modest sized cup with a complimentary lemon on the side, in which he started to open the lid and gingerly squeeze the citrus juice into the tea. "Nah, man. All I have waiting for me at school is tests, tests, and more tests. That and starting to pack up which is. . . Kind of the last thing I wanna do at the moment.

There had been many reasons for his usual delays, chief among them had been his particular relationship which hinged on socially inappropriate. "Had plans to meet up with someone I'm dating but she had to re-schedule last minute. Ya' know how it can be when things pop up that need a bit of attention. So, now? I guess with the time I have I'll probably see if I can find some martial arts equipment store nearby. I need to get some new bags, mitts, and more bandages.

He was aware of her Mother's intention on making her more social though he had always found the common grounds was much easier to get to that point. "Ya' free to come with too. We can rate just how good it really is."

Chloe seemed ever so slightly taken aback at the chortle she got out of Tyson, her otherwise inexpressive features shifting just a little as her eyes widened in surprise. Had she said something funny? She couldn't really wrap her head around what could be construed as humorous about it. Did she come short of social conventions again? Then again, did it matter? With that thought in mind, she allowed herself to relax and quietly enjoy her drink as Tyson continued to talk. Being less of a talker and more of a listener, she just limited herself to hanging on every word, as if listening to a radio instead.

Despite not knowing much about her occasional sparring partner at all, she had enough presence of mind to realize this was his last year in Tally. Soon he would be there no longer, and would move on with his life. She inevitably considered what she'd do once school was over for her, but felt an indescribable feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach. Chloe wasn't entirely sure over what it was or why she was so attached to academia; it was probably a good thing she still had just over two full years to go.

"Me?" She instinctively replied as the ball was punted back to her field. "I... suppose. I've got the time. I can't speak much for sports stores though, usually I just order all my equipment online." Chloe shrugged. Just like that, her drink was already halfway down the glass - had it really been that long since she last spoke? "While at it, mind going to Zoom's Brooms on the way back? Mine's on its last legs and my mom's been pestering me to check out one I like, might as well be done with it." Anything that inspired competition in her mother was an automatic priority, even if Chloe had no intention of playing Quidditch.

"Quid pro quo, or something like that." Maybe if she indulged this sort of situation for long enough, or enough times (hopefully not both!), it would serve as enough proof of her goodwill and cause the parental cloud hanging over her head to back off. "Speaking of which, are you planning to pursue sports after school, or something else?" She asked out of genuine curiosity. She knew he pretty much had a guaranteed job at the dojo if he so wished to take it, much like she did; however, something told her neither would be very fulfilled in that endeavor. Definitely not for her at least, she couldn't stand the thought of dedicating her life to any sport - she didn't care to keep up with any of them much at all, whether it be live, on video, or just reading up on news about it.

Unfortunately, Tyson hadn't been the most attentive sort in catching those subtle queues that the body seemed to emit. The telltale signs that what he may have said, done, or otherwise what may have occurred caused some form of reaction. Truthfully, she hadn't offended him and it hadn't been a laugh that had been mocking in his mind but rather the way she had responded beckoned an amusement to his mind. The seriousness of the words that had been left by his own comment gave way to that thought and view, enjoyable regardless of the response. 

"Aha, fair. Don't really have that option myself so I tend to pop up at the different stores on the strip." He wasn't going to risk having something sent to Tallygarunga and at the moment he had no viable address, not yet anyways. "If anything it's a pretty good way to scope out potential equipment ya' might want. Examine it a bit, test the weight and structure of it - see if it actually has the potential to deliver it's product brags." He found that a fair benefit, the ability to test out the product before officially being committed towards its payment and usage. Between his own jabbering he seemed to take gentle sips mostly when he felt that the strain of it had been drying out his voice a bit. "Sure, I actually need to take a swing by there too anyways. Need to see if I can get a bit of an upgrade, stay competitive and up to date.

As he considered it the real factor had been that he'd probably need something new anyways on his way towards university if he planned to get involved at that level for Quidditich. "Won't hear any arguments from me about it. " Curiosity struck in his mind for a moment on the why she'd be directed towards a broom. It was his turn to be stunned for a moment in deliberation on that very question within his own mind. "Honestly? I considered but I dunno. It's a good gig if I can manage it's a way to keep in shape and the competition is always something fun to have.

But it was a life of constant competition and there had been no certainty within himself that it was the kind of life that he wanted to live long term, to carry on. He took a second to scan the establishment keeping in mind the location where they'd taken the rest. "I've been leaning more and more towards Law Enforcements. It's a challenge and competition it's own but. . . I can see myself feeling fulfilled doing that. Even with all the dangerous." Instincts within told him better than to ask what her own focus and walk would be especially since at the point she'd been at he thought he'd still feel the same about being a career Quidditich player. "What's with the broom interest? Plan to add another success in the arena of competition on ya' resume? Or just for the fun of it?"

It seems they were settled on the idea of going to both Muggle and Wizard shopping districts once they were done with their light meal. Chloe briefly considered grabbing something for her sister on the way back as well, given the extensive amount of window shopping they would be doing. She did have enough money left over from her allowance for something nice after all, and she really liked making that girl smile. But what should she get in the first place?

She took a bite out of the muffin, covering her mouth with her free hand as she did so out of habit as Tyson spoke about competition - something she couldn't care less for, honestly. She never really understood why people wanted to best each other and prove they were superior so badly; it felt like something that would chain them down for life. Chloe would much rather be free as a bird, and take things at her own pace, actually bothering to enjoy life rather than making it an unpleasant experience.

"Law enforcement, huh." That would mean he needed to dive into criminal psychology. It was something she admired, being able to procure and deliver criminals to the justice channels made to handle them. "Well, whatever you end up deciding, the only thing that matters is it being something you actually like doing." She imparted the bigger portion of her worldview. Hopefully he wouldn't have half the same amount of indecision that she was facing. Was it meant to be that hard to figure yourself out?

"Competition... No." She shook her head. "I don't really care for that." Competition was a non-factor in her life entirely. She won most of the time when forced into such situations, but when she lost, she never really beat herself up over it. It wasn't worth it. She didn't want to be a symbol of superiority; rather, one of knowledge. "My mother wants to get me a new broomstick for my birthday and told me to check some out, since mine's kind of on its last legs." Several years old, semi-regularly used for flight... She didn't exactly keep it in tip top shape. "I'm only used to Yajirushi brooms, though I bought mine back in a trip to Japan. I don't know if they sell them locally, or what they sell locally. Or even the differences between them... If it flies, it flies."

But Tyson was a Quidditch player, right? Perhaps he could help. "You know a thing or two about this, right? I don't want anything over the top, just something to fly on whenever I feel like it. Not like we're allowed to go very far anyway." It was odd to her how that two people 'crew' got so many goals for one afternoon out of nowhere. Was this how socialization worked? She wasn't used to such spontaneous breaches of routine. She didn't really mind, though. 

Things seemed to have been falling into place at least in the perspective of getting a few odds and ends finished. It had always been the smaller things that he'd been putting off knowing there had been 'enough time' for them. A pretty dangerous habit to try and get into if you're not entirely sure where the path you wish to follow will actually start at. At least now he would feel more of the push to secure that place somewhere, whether it be a university in Australia or elsewhere hadn't been decided yet but in due time. 

The scone laid before him on a small napkin decorated with the logo and a witty slogan penned by the café. He broke off a piece from it as the warmth from it still being fresh radiated through the tips of his fingers. It was such a beautiful feeling that much was for sure, it was the freshness that called to the foodie within. "Heh, well that's the snag, right? On one hand I know I definitely like Quidditch. Piercing through the air on a broom, straight for the goal with someone on my tail trying to stop me." Euphoric in a strange way to him and just one of many ways he found it bettered him through self-challenges. "Law Enforcement though, never been in it. Won't really know if I like doing it until I get there. It catches my interest and it's something I think I could help in.

Being trained in a Muggle martial art looked as more of a benefit than hamper in his opinion. Chances had been if he ever needed to wrestle for a wand or found himself without one he wouldn't be defenseless. He'd just need to improvise to get close enough to change the tables and that could be quite easy depending on the situation. Injustice also held a heavy dislike from him, the injustice of how others treated one another as lesser just because of whom they were. A persons origins should never be seen as a negative or a weapon to be abused. 

"Competition not your cup of tea?" An expression shifted on his face, taken aback by the fact that she hadn't been the competitive sort. It hadn't been what was expected but he knew too well how easy it was to not follow after a parents passions or beliefs. "I can dig it before just for the use of it. Especially if you need a new one, can't have it start to wear out and be uncomfortable or worse unusable." A hum resonated for a moment. "Yajirushi is pretty good, sleek and good quality designed. I dunno if they sell locally but special orders aren't uncommon."  He slightly shrugged as a thought occurred. "It might also be a type of shop to handcraft their own brooms. Lots of places like that around here.

An arduous process yet to have something designed to certain specifications to fit ones desires in it could be something hard to pass up in many cases. 

Tyson nodded with the usual brimming confidence. "Oh, yea, I know my broomstick facts like the back of my hand. Gotta if I want the best kind of choice for my job on the field, ya' know?" Of course, there had been a bit of fun in deciding that kind of thing and poring over the specifications. "Yea, I feel you. Something that can be used for just transport, reliable but not racing fast." 

Finishing up the last bit of the tea left that had been ordered, he'd stand up and toss the  empty cup into the waste bin. Then returned back to the table as he wrapped up the scone in the napkin to be carried as if it were a pocket. "If we go with a model designed for family use as a your personal use it may actually be better. Longer lasting considering its intention. Can even get you a maintenance kit, tending to a broomstick can be a pretty relaxing thing."

The light pain of discomfort from that booth made itself known as it raced up Chloe's spine - perhaps this was one of the reasons why this little café didn't see much clientele, despite its nice location. She could easily mistake her seating for a normal, cushionless stool if it weren't for the back padding. She shifted ever so slightly in her seat to accommodate her posture to the egregious seating conditions - maybe she should fast track her food and get out before her back gave out.

To Tyson's question, she shook her head. "Not even a little." She didn't understand the concept of tearing each other down - in her innocent point of view, the world would be a better place if everyone built each other up instead. Besides, she would be no good as a part of a given team, regardless of talent: she didn't care for 'winning' after all, and would inadvertently drag everyone else down.

"I don't need a spectacular broom." She eventually mentioned once the idea of ordering a Yajirushi floated around, agreeing with his transportation sentiment. "Something standard should be fine, so long as it doesn't break in two uses. I can probably keep the fact that it's not a professional athlete broomstick under wraps, not like my parents would know any better." She wasn't a big proponent of lying, but her mother was truly getting on her nerves with her helicopter type of parenting lately. "I'm glad they don't know school Quidditch teams exist, to be honest. I wouldn't hear the end of it."

The idea of actually maintaining her broomstick in a proper shape started to sound appealing to her - she had grown a taste over the last few years about building and modifying things with her own hands. She'd have a big problem installing the kit in her dorm room, however - with her roommate, two pets, school books and model kit equipment and markers laying around, there was barely any shelving space available for anything else. "Can you teach me how to use it?" Flying classes were too many years ago for her to remember. T'was a mistake she made in not making it a habit, but one she was more than willing to correct.

The little muffin was all but gone at that point, and only roughly a fourth of her beverage remained. "...What's the appeal?" She decided to ask, after a moment of pondering. "Of competition, I mean. I don't really understand it." Chloe decided to come out and be entirely honest about it. Perhaps an explanation would help in understanding her parent and why she pushed her so hard.

"Not something that's everyone's thing." He wasn't immune to the truth that had been around the idea of 'Competition', then negative connotations that it beckons spoke loudly. It was something that had been drilled in his mind even more so of late with the dangers that come in its perception and the destruction that it can tear through a persons emotional and mental state. Something that held all the power and position to be a crushing weight and that included physically if one wasn't careful or the occasional accidental hit occurred. 

Two pinched fingers pressed at one end of his lips and trailed to the other in a zipped style. "Mums the word on my end about school teams. For parents that push towards sports involvement the factor of House teams and a school combined team is way too much to pass up." That much was more of his personal experience with himself at least the moment he found out how much he loved Quidditch. The thought fueled through his mind on the various possible broom choices that they'd most likely come across. "I'm a believer that it's the broom that chooses. Not like a wand just. . . Ya' come across it and you look at it for a moment and it will just kind of click." Or maybe that had just been him? Sometimes he stuck to brands when it came to his sports needs but for the brooms that were just for a cruise it felt entirely different for him. 

"Of course." A smile formed on his face as he spoke out the confirmation. "Would be pretty messed up of me to suggest it and not help out with showing you how to use it." The space one needed to manage it without getting in the way could be a lot to ask for with all the other things people tended to keep in it. "I actually have one back at my dorm too. I'll try finding a good place later in the week were we can hit a few of the basic stuff." What made servicing a broom enticing to him had been not just the care to it but the layers of wards, spells, and other additions that helped to keep one sharp in the use of their magic and incantations.

The tip of his fingers brushed just at the back of his neck. "The appeal?" It was a tough question that he couldn't answer for certainty about anyone else. "It's all on perception really. Some folks see it as a way to kind of knock people down a peg. It's why ya' see a bunch of the super aggressive sorts always in the game. They're good, their aggression makes them good and they know it." Some sports required that kind of aggressive dedication, but he didn't see it as such personally. "For me? It's more of the comradery in some instances and always about my personal growth. It's a challenge, if I get beaten? Yea, that sucks but that just means I need to get better in myself and better with my team if its a team sport. It's never a bad thing to build the self.

Tyson shrugged soon after as he continued on. "But if I win? That feels good and it's a success to be proud about but it's just a sign that you're ready for the next challenge. It makes it exciting, you never know who you'll get as an opponent or what needs to be improved. Like anything it can make you a better person or a bad person." He raised up the wrapped scone and took a small bite from one of the crumbled edges. "The quest ya' need to always ask is are you doing it for the accolades alone or do ya' wanna be a stronger you? A role model where folks can say you set a good example or some sports-thug."

"Thanks." Chloe certainly appreciated Tyson's availability to teach her something she should already know. She couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed at herself for forgetting such a mundane procedure. It was almost as if an imposter had taken her place. "I can meet up at any time, provided I don't have a class going on." For as flexible as she made that sound, she did sign up for a lot of classes, so it could be problematic.

At long last, she conquered the beverage before her. She leaned back on the deeply uncomfortable booth somewhat, both her hands retreating to her lap. "Those aggressive types are the ones who need being knocked down a peg." Despite her statement, there was no humor in Chloe's tone whatsoever. It bothered her how people could be so aggressive towards one another - then again, if there was a reasoning behind that, she could understand. She'd conquer empires and move mountains to protect her sister; in fact, she did punch a bully in the face, and nearly got expelled for it.

Would be quite hypocritical of her to judge people on that matter, wouldn't it?

"You can find challenge without needing competition." She eventually spoke up again. "I like challenge. I like having to think and solving problems, or achieving difficult things. In that aspect, what's the difference? The human factor?" It was justifiable, but she couldn't say she cared for it. "It just doesn't feel like something that would promote growth to me, I suppose. Only stress. To each their own, hm?" Or maybe she really was just weird and unlike everyone else, and irredeemable socially. Who knew.

"...I don't think my mom will ever forgive me for not being more competitive." Her gaze was cast downwards towards the empty cup, a rare mixture of anxiety and sadness sparkling in her eyes. "She's always pushed me to it. Muay Thai, Boxing, so on and so forth... I want to end up doing what I want to do, but at the same time it feels like a disservice to her that I don't do anything competitive. She raised me, after all... I just don't know how to appease her." She would have to sacrifice a lot to pursue any one of those activities that she didn't care much for. Should she?

"Course, can't have anything cut into that class time." There came a point where one had to set their priorities straight especially in an environment where you had to make the call to push oneself. "Besides it's one of those things you should always pick up after a long day of hard work for the brain. Sometimes doing something monotonous can help with that cool down in the day." It was at least a way he got himself to wind his mind down after a day stacked with back to back classes even more so when tests were involved in the mix of it all. 

Lacking any traces of humor in the tone after he comment, Tyson found that he'd be left to stand there for a moment to process the comment. Had someone that was essentially a bully in the past gotten to her? Maybe she'd seen one too many situations with that kind of a start and developed a heavier sense of disgust? "Sometimes they do though most are looking to get that aggression out. Really common in the martial arts competitions." A focused and honed rage was still, after all, rage. No matter the pretty techniques one fastened to it to gain it under control. 

"Ya' always end up competing with someone, not just in sports." For him he just saw it as a way of life, competition existed in every aspect of it in his eyes and it was just the venue that changed it and thus changed the effect it could use for growth. "But let's take it in the view of sports, yea? It isn't just the human factor it's what that human factor can do. A person you consider your rival can push your talents to heights it wouldn't on its own. You work harder, play harder - is it stressful? Yea, definitely." He nodded for a moment a smile grew wide on his face. "But it's rewarding and it's not always a bad thing, ya know? That adversity helps us see inside ourselves just a bit better." Though his hand rose up and waved dismissively. "More importantly people need ways to grow, as long as they grow that's what matters. If ya' don't grow? Then it's stagnation, that just ends up simply existing.

The final words gave a reminder of his own parents - people who just simply exist. They work and work to prove they're better rather than that they can grow. It was a form of being just less than the optimized version of themselves they could be. 

A topic he sort of knew about as he looked around for a moment and sat back down in the seat. "Aight, lemme tell you a bit about myself. I come from a family that's a bit of a mix on both sides. Some born of magic, others not so much. Both of my parents didn't have that spark but lucky for me or I guess unlucky depending who ya' ask, I had been. Not something they agreed with, they wanted me to be as 'norm' as possible." If the situation bothered him he hadn't let it shown on his face or even in his eyes. However, the factor of being hardened from it may have been the biggest tell. "They wanted me to be like them. Be super successful in their world, carry on a pretend air of superiority. When they found out that wasn't happening they booted me faster than a straight kick.

Tyson's hand waved lightly once more. "The point being, you're gonna' have to walk your path at some point. It may not be ya' moms dream but you have to follow your dreams. The last thing ya' want to do is hate yourself for not trying what you feel is right and hate your mom more for not noticing. If anything, ya' probably should just tell her."

The explanation didn't help. Not that Tyson didn't do a good job; rather, Chloe was too far removed from such a line of thought to bring herself to understand it. She preferred to take things slow and explore. She didn't care for being the best, she cared for appreciating what she knew and dominating it to the fullest. If anything, her only opponent was herself and her limits, and her struggle was what would it take to break through them. Slow and steady wins the race could be considered her motto.

"Would you say it's a bad thing for people with particular skills not to use them competitively?" It was more than obvious she was referring to herself - her mother was a professional fighter at one point, and Chloe was expected to be the same in her childhood given the absurd talent she demonstrated when she first started practicing Muay Thai. Did her mother consider her talent a waste? Was that why she pushed her so hard back then?

"We're more similar than I realized." She commented as Tyson went through his life story. "You know... Sans the booting part." It was something that made her feel uneasy, such was her innocent view of the world. She didn't understand how a parent was capable of cutting a child out of their lives based on a preference - it was still the same person after all, and they should live their lives according to what they want to do, right? "It doesn't seem right that they'd do such a thing to you..."

As she put things in perspective, she realized she was very privileged. She had a very big house, a loving family, and could potentially do whatever she pleased without risking any poor consequences to interfere with that status quo. She didn't have to lead a pedestrian life nor abide by someone else's rules regardless of how much they wanted to shove them down her throat.

Tyson's words confirmed her thoughts, and she nodded in acknowledgement. Best to go your own way, follow your path and be a stain to society than follow an optimal, pre-made path and be absolutely miserable. Not that her own path would make her a stain, per se; she'd just rather be such a thing than becoming a professional athlete. "I think she notices... I just don't know why she's so desperate about it. I don't think I should ask, either. It feels private."

A thought struck her as she ruminated over Tyson's predicament. "Wait. You said, booted out? Where are you going once the school year ends?" Was he effectively homeless? Or was this individual he was dating going to help him? Concern started to form in the Sturt's mind, and it sickened her further that his parents would make his own child homeless based on what he liked to do.

"Bad? Nah, everyone's got their own path to self building, ya feel?" He wasn't dense enough to miss the fact that she had been referring towards herself. She had talent, talent that he could see being worked to a honed skill in competition. But that kind of fight and trial wasn't for every person and there often had been other routes to the same goal and end. "How you use your skills and if they grow is all on who you are as a person, feel? Competitively testing ya' skill is just one way of seeing more about yourself. To see the talent of others. Think like dojo masters, most of them have left competition behind and find that they can still achieve a lot by training others. Teaching em' just the talents and techniques they've learned." One could even say many of those teachers have never even set foot in a ring facing another person. 

Tyson snickered and then shrugged as if it weren't even a weight on his shoulders. "Man, it's just the way the world is. Some folks are born into a cruel lot in it. I just happen to get a hand that my parents couldn't personally deal with for their egos." Calmly he leaned back, by this point he had just been picking at his scone through small pieces broken off by finger. "Eventually, ya' learn that things just need to be done personally. No one else lives that life but we live our own life at the end of the day. If ya' can't be proud of it, then ya' probably need to revise what ya' doing.

Often he tried to avoid the full weight of his own living situation or the lack their of, the work that he had to put in on his own with little reinforcement to help solidify him if things happened to get shaky. If things got shaky for him it'd just all collapse there was nothing that could be done to truly catch him, not anymore. Rather than scorning the world, being embodied by a rage and hatred he opted to turn the frustration to energy. Energy, focus, and intention for an ambition to see himself succeed and in a productive way - to prove that there was something to be proud of in the world of magic. 

"If she's willing to listen, ya' should be willing to push. Sure you can take your own way but it doesn't mean you need to avoid the elephant in the room." Or the Thestrel, that kind of a 'death knell' when it came to talking with a parental figure about the truth of oneself. "Pretty sure she pushes cause she cares. Wants the best for you and she probably sees that you have that skill. But ya' gotta tell her yourself that you have different skills. Not just show it in ya' school life." At least he attributed much of her unique talent for multiple subjects being a way to subconsciously show she was more than just competition. 

Teeth chewed on the inner portion of his mouth as he then shrugged. "Depends. If I take up with a university gives me a couple of years house in a dorm. Pretty sure I can make over-vacation arrangements too. Long as I keep up and show I am skilled enough to get them acclaim on the Quidditich team. That's really my way in." Being a potential productive member of society hadn't been an investment to Universities. No, he needed to be able to get them results that would have them holding up their collars in pride and smugness. "Been saving up some cash and putting to the side. Have my uh. . . Girlfriend to help me look for places but no takers yet due to my age. More of a flight risk so some folks won't take the bite. Playing it by ear, really."

Some folks are born into a cruel lot in it - Tyson's words, which resonated deeply with Chloe. Not because she suffered from any sort of harm or abuse in her childhood. Far from it - she suspected that that sort of malleability and vulnerability children possessed regarding their upbringing and environment was what made her be so attached to them in the first place. In a sense, it was the same way she felt for her sister - she wanted to shield them from the world, teach them how to survive and lead by example so they could be happy. She felt sad that Tyson apparently didn't have that, but she couldn't do that much about it at all. All she could presently do was to provide support in any way he needed, which she certainly planned to. As much as a near 16 year old student could, anyway. Her hands were tied for the most part.

She placed the empty smoothie cup on top of the clear muffin plate as means to signal she was done with her food. As Tyson spoke, she proceeded to retrieve her wallet after doing some quick math in her head, and placed a bit over the correct amount on the table. She didn't mind erring in the side of excess - it would just serve as a tip if that were the case. Not that they earned it with the egregious seating, but she wanted to help the server anyway.

"I don't know why... I think it frightens me to have the actual confirmation that I wound up being a disappointment. It shouldn't bother me so much, but it does." Chloe was still going through with what she wanted to do, whatever that ended up being; but she valued family bonds too much. She didn't want to strain her own with her mother. "Or maybe I'm just overthinking. I tend to do that a lot." Disappointment or not, if her mother was mad at her over it, the same that happened to the man standing before her would happen to the Sturt. Not the most pleasant thought, but she found some respite in the fact she was pretty sure that would never happen.

She found 'playing it by ear', when it came to that kind of stability, somewhat reckless; it motivated her to give him a safer option, despite not having confirmation of the people involved. "Well, you're friends with the family. I'm sure my mother would let you stay at our house if you're ever in trouble, if you ask. We don't keep too much junk so our attic's free, you can crash there." Well, they did keep junk, according to their mother - geek junk, mostly owned by her father, and model kit junk, owned by Chloe herself. But most of that was either in the study, bedrooms, or in the basement. "If you don't mind a little dust."

It seemed her thoughts on the matter at hand were all neatly in a row at last, rather than in disarray. She could breathe easy with the verbal motivation to talk to her mother about it. What was the worst that could happen, she getting financed to pursue academics anyway? She opted to attack Tyson's issues instead, now that her own were somewhat resolved. "You referenced Law Enforcement earlier. Did you mean something like being a Muggle policeman, or becoming an Auror? What's the projected road map to get to your potentially desired position?" She heard Auror examinations and testing were extremely difficult, but wasn't aware of any specifics due to a lack of interest in the area. "Regardless, I think that's noble of you. To serve and protect."

For him the past had been the past as a personal choice had long been made to refuse it being a defining factor for him. It could only be a stepping stone, one of many and not one that he'd allow for others to enhance the sole reason of that drive he'd been fueling. It wasn't the kind of life that he'd wish on anyone to experience and if it meant that others didn't have to hear it for their own peace of mind? Even better, yet, he knew that wouldn't be the case always. Sometimes that truth needed to be wielded not as a weapon to tear something down but rather as spectacles to open anothers eyes to focusing more on what was important to themselves. 

"I'd say it's natural." Tyson started to stand up once more while picking up the emptied cup that had been filled with his drink and tossed it into the trash nearby. The napkin of scone crumbs followed right behind. "No one wants to be a disappointment, not really, ya' know? Whether it's to parents, team, or a group of folks they're close to. Ya' often just want to do your best and hope it's the right call for everyone. But that's more of a sacrifice and sometimes? It's aight to be selfish." Selfishness often breeded the means to care for others while also being proud of that work. At least that's how he viewed things. 

He brought one of his hands to the back of his neck and rubbed it, he hadn't expected the offer. It was an option to consider and something he couldn't afford to shrug off out of being humble. "Dust holds to problem for me. Worse things to worry about, like splinters from attic wood." A small joke offered, one he by now expected to fly over her head as an actual joke. "I'll give it some thought. Gotta' see what other options I have to make sure I'm not imposing unnecessarily. Might even be able to make some kind of deal with whatever recruiters come along too." There had still been the option to play the field of sorts, to make those looking for him as a candidate work to get him. Even better if he could excel in his study focus and impress the Ministry enough to make such arrangements. 

"Noble, huh? Hahaha, I guess it is a bit, yea. I plan to become an Auror - fits the whole proving that there is worth in the magic community bit." Both of his hands pressed into the pocket of his jeans. "Pretty physically intensive and there are a couple of talents in spellcraft that I'll need to hone up a bit and make sure they're more than good enough. Hard work but I'm up to the task, ain't no big." Even as he held a casual approach towards it, his mind knew better than to make it seem as if it were such an easy thing. There was a level of dedication that he'd need to bring and hold before even touching the field as a proper and official career. "Definitely a dangerous route too. Not the kind of thing that's lost on me, means I gotta be careful in a lot of ways." It wasn't an uncommon action for criminals to strike out around an Auror before ever attacking them directly. 

It's alright to be selfish indeed. Chloe had always espoused that idea - too much selflessness could certainly be an issue, and people should look after themselves; but, they shouldn't look only after themselves. There should be a middle ground. Chloe would define herself as selfish by ideal, despite her unconscious tendencies of extreme selflessness getting in the way. Such was her wish to please her mother in her social endeavors, when she'd much rather sit in her room and read a book. She ended up nodding in agreement. Ultimately, it was her life. Her mother shouldn't try to vicariously live through her. Chloe shouldn't feel bad about not wanting that.

Almost as if exiting a trance, she finally spoke up. "The attic is well maintained, you should have no issue." Tyson's expectation was well placed. "I'll talk to my parents at least, to tidy it up just in case. You won't be imposing." She wouldn't want him to sleep on the floor, after all. They did have some furniture there just in case someone wanted to visit them; but last case scenario, she could just move her bed upstairs. She stayed at the dorm, and for breaks, she could just sleep in her sister's bed. It didn't really bother her much at all, and she doubted the younger Stewart would complain.

"Do you need help?" Chloe automatically offered. "I'm a couple years behind you but I'm ahead in my studies. Maybe it can prove of use to you. After the exams, maybe?" She thought she could have some knowledge in subjects Tyson didn't opt to take, as well. It's better to have extra knowledge than lacking it. There was a more subconscious reasoning to the offer as well - the fact his parents got rid of him shook her to the core, and she felt the need to make sure he wasn't alone. She knew he technically wasn't - he had a good level of camaraderie with fellow dojo assistants and masters, and he apparently had a girlfriend, which would most definitely make him have a nice support foundation; but she still wanted to pitch in. There's never truly 'enough' support, is there?

"If you find that you're having trouble, perhaps you can take a year off to study. I'm sure no one would blame you, Auror studies and examinations are known for being particularly difficult, even for the most elite of us. Might as well make sure you're up to the part." She had no doubt he could do it, but she wasn't at all aware of his current level of expertise.

He was touched that she would go through all this thought to solidify a place for him to be at if nothing seemed to pan out. "Hehe, I should have figured by now jokes kind of wizz over like a frisbee don't they?" Head shifted left to right letting the option sink in. It would alleviate a few of his concerns and issues but at the same time he didn't want to be in a position where he'd only be a burden onto a family's lifestyle. "Like I said, I'll consider it, ya' know? I still need to see what other options are up for me to grab. Want to exhaust all that I can before having to lean on anyone." He'd gotten far in the short-life of his by being independent and proactive, to risk the chance that the independence could be in danger? It sent a slight unnerved feeling through his mind. 

"What?" Eyebrows raised up as he'd been caught off guard by the offer. He couldn't see the inner reason behind the offer of assistance, chalking it up to her naturally helpful manner when it came to matters of studying. There also wasn't the kind of arrogance inside of him that he'd turn it away believing that their age or grade distance meant he'd known much more. There were perhaps countless subjects she'd have a handle on that he'd at best breezed through and understood the basics enough to manage through. "Sure, if that's how ya' wanna spend your time." A soft laughter rumbled out from him in a short breathy tone. "Just make sure it doesn't cut into your own studies or stuff you want to do. I ain't in the business of trying to pull folks from the things that they'd enjoy, ya feel?"

Tyson nodded subtly at that thought, could he even risk taking a year off if he'd been struggling? He had enough pride in him that he would refuse to let anything bog him down in that, push himself to every level necessary even if it was harmful in the now. "That's the rub, yea? What traits are actually the part. Some might say determination to go further and try to beat the difficulties." Arms crossed and banded against his chest. "Others might go the route that it's the smarts to know ya' limits and rebuild up on ya' self so that you aren't left like a skeleton." A firm grunt exhausted through his nostrils. "The real key is if I'd even be able to afford to take time off without it slapping me dead in the face."

"I... suppose they do." The slightest of frowns tugged on Chloe's lips in a minute demonstration of disappointment with herself. "I need to work on that..." Perhaps she should ask her dearest sister for some pointers on how to catch humor, and react accordingly. She took everything too literally for her own good, and it was bound to get in the way of success within the social realm.

"Oh, I don't mind. Like I said, I'm ahead in my studies. It won't really get in the way." She all but had the yearly exams in the beg - of course, she didn't have anything on the same scope as a STINGRAY. If anything she could learn from this, as well as have access to material well beyond her grade. That thought somewhat pleased her. Quid pro quo, just like earlier, even if she didn't necessarily need something in return.

If she had to pick traits for an ideal Auror, what would they be? "Maybe focus on being a jack-of-all-trades first, so to speak, if you can. I hear the course is particularly intensive, so you want to have a solid foundation on everything Tallygarunga has to offer before heading in. Even subjects you're not signed up in." And unless someone could be in two places at once or reverse time, that proved to be an impossibility - nobody could take on all classes at once. "You'll have support if you have to take time off, I'll make sure of it. And I doubt the Ministry thinks how young you are trumps how competent you are. Slow and steady wins the race and all. If you go full steam ahead now without a plan, you might not even get in. That'd make you take a year off anyway, wouldn't it?"

A harsh reality, but perhaps one Tyson hadn't considered just yet.

"I believe you have what it takes. The work ethic, the talent, the determination... But playing it by ear won't do anymore, I don't think. There's a reason why so few are eligible to be an Auror to begin with." It was, once again, competition. Only the cream of the crop would make it, and nothing else mattered. She feared for a moment that her words were a bit too much of a downer but she felt like he needed to buckle down and think of an actual plan with more urgency than anything else - even if it was something as simple as a study plan to get himself up to par to the entrance examinations the following school year.

"Aye, It's all good, Chloe." The intention hadn't been to drum up any form of negative feeling, especially not when it was clear she'd been struggling with many things as she had anyways. His hand waved lightly as he smiled. "It will become natural eventually. Probably why ya' mom wants you to get a taste of social life. There's gonna be a lot of that kind of navigating in life. It isn't too bad having a few people ya' can call on either." It wasn't as if he'd planned to let her go about it alone either, not now. 

He shrugged casually. "Aight, I won't argue with ya' there. Heh, you know your own limits better than anyone." At least he'd hoped that had been the case. Some people often were ignorant of such limiters and factors. She didn't seem the sort that would ignore something so crucial to maintaining a proper health, mentally and physically. "One thing I've learned this year is when a lady has her mind set it'll be hard to change it.

"Woah, ya' know that the year is rolling quickly, yea? Ain't got that kind of life or time to hand over to Tally for much longer. That and the courses are already set in stone." He hadn't taken her for such a pre-planned junky of sorts. Not on this form of level that she'd suggest grabbing up everything while walking towards the door, figuratively. Jack-of-all-trades did strike closer to how he'd expected her to respond in some ways. "The University will have the proper courses and even recommendations. Both from the school and probably from the Professor of the class. Typically, folks like Auror Professors have seen their share of burning hells." It had also been why he'd taken a breezing interest in the troubles that have had Tallygarunga teemed with Auror. The obvious dangers and things he'd have to face and bear doing. "Less about being young, ya know? There's a kind of determination and dedication Imma need. The kind that is designed to beat through exhaustion, personal issues, even things that feel like the weight of the world. It's so much more than the magical skills.

Tyson wasn't sure how to expound on it further. "Imagine that they have the intensity and necessity of the martial arts, especially back in their more used days. The trained students pushed to some wicked levels of weariness. Being able to marshal a kind of like. . . Second wind. Pushin' my body to endure the kind of stuff that would deprive it of sleep and still have to work at full capacity. I'll have to make myself hardened mentally too, the kind of stuff that happens out there? It ain't pretty, not by a long shot.

The true fact had been these were skilled honed in experience, developed before being put to the test. Those whom had it seemed to be the ones that survived and those that didn't? Seemed to be the folks that were mourned earlier. 

"Oh, I know I have what it takes." A grin formed with the sheer confidence behind them. "Have been preparing myself since my second year." The physical skill, quick reaction all honed year by year through playing Quidditch and training in the Dojo. Senses pushed to be able react in even the most intensive situations, where there would be multiple people rushing about the air with a potential weapon that could smash and break a person with a good enough hit. "And ya' underestimate the power of playing anything by ear. Plans are good if they can mange to roll out as ya' expect it to. But when it starts to burn slightly out of that alignment? Ya' lost now. The talent of being adaptable is far more preferred. It means I can have a plan that isn't bound, a plan that can be scrapped and tossed away in favor of something else that is a better option. Whether I find an actual home or not ain't that big of a deal, not with how long I've been without it.

His arm raised up as he rested the elbow just on the edge to the back of his seat. "The important thing is that I succeed in what I'm aiming for, I plan to do just that too."

Chloe wondered briefly if her lack of a sense of humor made her boring. It would explain why people seemed to have to go out of her way to engage with her. The sole exception to this rule was her sister, whom she felt immensely comfortable around and had a far easier time being naturally more playful with. But how could she attain that peace of mind with people whom hardly knew her?

"I didn't mean study more at Tally, I meant study on your own time. Look up the books and train on your own." She cleared up what she meant. She was sure she had a few she could give him, but most of her material came from the school's library - she was limited in what she could provide. As he went on she nodded, half-agreeing to the explanation. "Well, so long as you don't push yourself recklessly, it should be fine." Hopefully. One thing was to withstand such strenuous situations, another was to let yourself break while training them.

"...You're making me feel kind of glad that I still have two years to think on what I want to do." She confessed. "It's not that I can't deal with pressure, but I think my head would short circuit if I were in your position..." She looked down at the empty cup with a modicum of confusion in her words. "It's ironic. I can be classified as said 'jack-of-all-trades' I mentioned, but I don't know what to do with any of them." Perhaps she was thinking too hard over it. Maybe one's vocation revealed itself in different ways to each person, and she shouldn't take Tyson as the default example. She should talk to more people about it instead. "To be honest, I didn't expect to have such a conversation today when I first woke up..."

Chloe finally looked back up to face Tyson properly, and exhaled a breath she didn't realize she had been holding over the mental dilemma. "...Thanks. It's giving me a lot to think about. And I hope I can help you in the future with this anyway, no matter what you end up doing. That said... My back is killing me." The seating was truly atrocious. "Perhaps we should make our way to buy your equipment. What are you looking for, exactly? Gloves? Shin guards? Something else?" She did want to get herself a set of armbands since hers were growing weak and frizzly, but it wasn't a priority.

The last thing that Tyson wanted had been for her to feel as if she needed to change herself to be more relatable. After all, people needed to learn to accept a person as they were, whether they changed or not would be through their own chosen growth and not one forced out of some kind of necessity. Some people took time and others just flowed naturally, like two streams converging to create and river. 

"Just push myself towards my goal. Folks are built differently, the threshold changes viciously depending on the kind of life they've learned. Those kinds of experiences build up some durable callouses, ya know? A certain kind of energy and resilience." He wasn't sure how to explain it thoroughly with a proper example. Not one that would distance the two as if they were from different worlds but rather a view they both could see and get the same picture from different angles. "But I promise ya' I won't go off shooting myself in the foot by pushin' too far.

He wasn't ignorant to seeing someone put energy into caring about his well being. Even with his self confidence so high there was always the chance it could all turn around towards the bad end if he hadn't been careful and mindful of how he stepped forward. 

Snickering as subtle shrug flowed. "Oh, I have no doubt ya' can handle pressure. Ya' never know what kind of thing you can handle until you're there. Not easy, that's for sure, but all ya' can do is handle stuff in your own unique way. Sometimes? Folks won't see it how you do but as long as you can see it that's all that matters." There was a hope that the young woman would be ready for many things when the time came, hopefully she would need to go through the things he did. But there will be the kind of trials that will test a lot about how she'd handle situations. "Life's surprising like that. Ya' never expect this kind of stuff but you're almost always glad it did come up. Something to think about, reflect on it to get some kind of growth from it.

"No doubt, I know I can count on ya'." She didn't need to work for his loyalty and trust, she had it fully whether she had picked up on it or not. He wouldn't abuse it but would rely on her support when he felt he needed, most likely that she would see if he needed it before he could process it. "Oh, yea, these cushions are posture killers." He spoke out as a proper criticism. Purposefully at that, maybe the stores owners would change that? 

Tyson started to stand up and tossed the empty napkin into the waste bin nearby. "Gloves and Shin guards. My guards are losing their resistance a bit and I wanna replace it before it's fully gone, the gloves are a bit torn up. It's gonna be fun breaking them both in though." A grin shaped at the thought of putting the items in question to the full test. "Ya' have some things you want to snatch up?" He asked while walking towards the door to exit the café. 

For a fleeting moment, a thought invaded Chloe's mind - she had never really actually suffered, had she? Her upbringing was calm and uneventful, and outside of the occasional bully encounter in school, nothing really ever bothered her much at all. How would it be like when tragedy struck in her life? Such a thing was completely unavoidable and she had no idea how she'd deal with it. Was she resilient enough to take on emotional torture? Or was being numb to it all the reason why she felt so comfortable and well-adjusted emotionally in her life?

She was nothing compared to Tyson, certainly. She couldn't begin to comprehend what it was like for one's own flesh and blood to ostracize you like that, for a reason she perceived as abhorrent - wanting to follow your own path. At least, unlike her, he had people whom were willing to support him every step of the way, even if it wound up being just a handful.

Perhaps that sort of thing was why her mother wanted her to be social?

"'Pressure' and this, specifically, are two completely different things. Or so I'm inclined to think." There wasn't a word in her dictionary that could properly define it, no matter how hard she tried. But she couldn't help but think the term 'pressure' was child's play in comparison. Pressure was something she handled on a daily basis and rose to the occasion consistently; this case was something else entirely. Do or die.

"Of course you can." A nod followed in confirmation. She didn't owe him a thing, nor were they particularly close - it just felt like the right thing to do. Chloe would never be like his parents, and would help him unconditionally. That much was something she could do within her limited range of action as a simple Tallygarunga student.

Finally, they were set to abandon the booths from hell. She put just enough money down to cover Tyson's meal as well, adding to the small sum of money placed on the table, and got up to her feet. She stretched her back slightly to bring relief to her muscles, the pain doing a number on her. "That's not gonna come out cheap." She commented as she proceeded to follow her colleague out of the cafe, and into the main road. "I'd like to look at some armbands, though I don't think I'll get any now. Mine are really worn out and I don't want to get chewed out on representing the dojo with bad equipment." She was the type to use everything until its last legs, so the prospect of buying armbands so soon was quite incompatible with her.

"Lead the way. I have no idea where sports stores are over here... I probably should." She muttered the last part. "Is that bad? I don't know much about my own city." Chloe wound up commenting aloud as they walked, her gaze mindlessly going from store front to store front to see if she could put a thing in mind or two. "I don't go out much, really. Tally, home, dojo, Tally, repeat. At this point, I know more about Kagoshima than my hometown." The intonation of the city name came with the correct pronunciation of the word as said in Japanese, as if mindlessly emphasizing the fact she's bilingual. "I go there once a year at most..."

Indeed, she could see how that could be a problem.

The words spoken seemed easy, as if things went right or had gone right thus far for him. It's the darker truth that he'd struggled for much of what he had obtained, the chance to land a job, the chance to score some form of scholarship that gave him a larger world to explore. Doors that would open easily due to support and a solid structure for others had been doors he had to forcibly kick down in support of himself on some level. A weight of the reality in the world but not one that needed to be paid enough attention that it seemed insurmountable or at worse that he could always do it alone. 

Habit, that's what made him believe he needed to do it that way. Logic and the real scope clued him in that he now had enough of a system, if one could call it that, to not have to rush ahead.

"Heh, yea, sometimes they're two different things. Sometimes, they're hard to find a difference in too." A hand raised up and wave as if to dismiss the idea entirely. "Best not to worry about that kind of stuff until ya' have it at your doorsteps. Other stuff will always need the attention much more until then." Refusal to let what the next possible hiccup get in his way, that was how he chose to proceed with any problem. Address the current issue, move on, whatever makes itself known would do so anyways - after all.

Tyson chuckled then shrugged. "Sometimes you spend money to make money, comfortable folks means more flow of traffic." If a place managed to make their seats a perk to rave about, he knew that they'd get customers in the troves. People who want to just sit down and relax after errands or take a quick break from their jobs after either standing all day or running about like a chicken with its head lopped off. "Why look? We can pick some up, yea? Don't need to use 'em until they snap or rip and then. . . Bam, ya' brand spanking new set is already there and for the taking." Spare equipment to replace the eventually worn had usually been a plan for him unless it was much too expensive to even consider a viable spare. 

A snort exhausted from him while his head shook. "Nah, it isn't bad. It just means more exploring, yea? Tons of different stuff you can run into on a day that ends early." He led the way towards the nearest equipment shop, one that he'd visited in the recent months. Their quality had been good and their service even better for his personal standards. "Eventually, ya' might decide to go to college and need to get around on ya' own to some places. A trick I use with a busy schedule? Pop into a random shop day. Usually good when ya' get done with some coursework or if ya' have much more time on hand than expected. Don't even need to buy anything, just take a catalogue on the kind of shop it is." It worked as long as those businesses stayed in business but part of the fun he found had also been with discovering the new shop on the block. 

"We can make some plans to go out every so often and do that. Anytime there's time on your hands just contact me and we'll go shop hopping."

"Because... If I spend money on them, I'm unsure if I can grab something for my sister until the end of the month. My allowance is running a bit low right now." Chloe openly admitted. It was ironic that most of it consistently went for someone else, but she didn't really feel bad about it at all - it made her happy. "So I'd just rather look at the prices so I can do some budgeting for next month."

She followed Tyson along the unknown path, careful not to trip or walk into any pole while looking around and paying attention to the scenery for a change. "Random shop hopping?" The inquisitive nature sprouted again. "You mean window shopping? I figured that's perceived as rude, at least from a retail worker point of view..."

Then again, try as she might, she couldn't exactly please everyone. It was a ridiculous notion to begin with, and she shouldn't stop herself from doing potentially fun things just because of minor inconveniences to others. "...Sure. Why not? Maybe in days like this, after practice? To unwind." She didn't exactly understand how looking at random items you wouldn't acquire could be anyone's description of 'fun', but on the other hand, she had no reason to doubt her colleague. Going once a week after Muay Thai practice shouldn't be that bad.

"I don't want to eat up too much of your time, though." She remembered he had exams to do, a girlfriend to please, and lodgings to procure. Being at Chloe's beck and call would most likely be a very bad idea. "I think that, at this point, it's easier for my schedule to adapt to yours than the other way around, so don't worry about it too much. But I appreciate it."