Cbox
Guest enabled! No advertising, and be nice! Not much happening here? Check out our Discord!
Welcome to Tallygarunga, an original roleplay set in the Harry Potter universe. Set in present-day Australia, tensions are high between the Ministry of Magic and the only Ministry-run wizarding school in the country. Become like the other snooty private schools? Not a chance.

Originally established in August 2006, Tallygarunga prides itself on an inclusive and active community. Once part of the Tally family, always part of the Tally family. Whether you're here for the first time, the thousandth time, or returning after a long time---welcome home.
Staff
Sadrienne
Founder
LilyCat
Admin
Kaitore
Sturt
Flinders
Spencer
Bourke
Tallygarunga
a non-canon au potterverse roleplay
December, 2019 :: Summer

[OBSOLETE] Kiru's Splotter

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

Hoi! I'm your friendly neighborhood WAKE THIEF I mean, Kai. 

It is taking me much longer than expected to do this portion since it's been a bit since I last looked at my own plotter! Had to do some double fact checking. *Puts on glasses with a  bubble pipe.* 

Starting off with Friendship I do have two Tally student boyos, the first that comes to mind due to not only seniority and longevity in the school is @Tyson McKennis whom is a Bourke - starting Quidditich player as a chaser and a Seventh year in the school. He also is known for his constant desire to work out physically to push his bodies limits and get stronger while also keeping in shape. He takes up the muggle art of Muay Thai (So, there is the commonality of the love for Martial Arts in play there!) He's Muggleborn, however, so his ties to the Magical community started in his first year at Tally. If Chole's been around since her first year then they may have crossed paths enough to build up that mutual respect for martial combat. 

Next is the 'newly arrived' @Alexander Winfield , by that I mean he arrived at Tally December of 2017 building up a familiarity to the School before the 2018 year had kicked off. He's a Spencer and in a peculiar situation of being in a lower grade than he should be due to a magical imbalance. (Story reason, am I right?). Aside from being known probably across campus as the 'Sickly boy on occasions' he also decided to make enter in the school year with a big 'splash' by hosting an authorized party in the Main Hall where he played and sang. Kind of a breaking in the new year to get people together and familiar while, admittedly, trying to build up his own fanbase. He's academically sound yet it is also by now a known fact that his magic is cast at the whim of chance itself as far as successes go. His adopted father was a Wizard and thus has ties to the magical community, slap that with the fact that Alex has always been sickly since childhood it could place him right in the Narrie general hospital area. So, it could be possible that they may have been acquittanced more than enough times by visits to the Bakery to try and 'cheer him up.' 

✩ Moddies ☆ New Character Maker, Professional Procrastinator✩ Kirupachi
2020 year old ☆ She/Her

@Kaitore Okay, let's see one by one.

Regarding @Tyson McKennis, I'll go one step further and I'd say they could have been sparring buddies in the past. Muay Thay is actually one of the few disciplines she's studied since she was a kid, but I assume he's far more qualified in it than her since he focuses on it, while Chloe branched out to a whole bunch. Another idea is that, considering he's very much into Quidditch, he might be painfully aware of Chloe's innate ability in it - which might serve for some curious interactions, should he want to push her in that direction. Definitely agreed on the mutual respect angle here, that's very much a given, perhaps we could say they're acquaintances on good terms.

Onto @Alexander Winfield. Chloe probably doesn't even remember his face from that singing experiment because she wouldn't particularly care; she would glance in curiosity at best before her attention was pulled towards her food inevitably instead. As far as the bakery goes, it's possible that they've seen each other a handful of times (Chloe didn't care for visiting a lot since she'd rather sit at home and read). If that's the case, unless they had some sort of important conversation during one of those times, it's likely that she doesn't remember him at all once again - but perhaps he has an easier time remembering her?

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

@Kirupachi

Regarding @Tyson McKennis, I'll go one step further and I'd say they could have been sparring buddies in the past. Muay Thay is actually one of the few disciplines she's studied since she was a kid, but I assume he's far more qualified in it than her since he focuses on it, while Chloe branched out to a whole bunch. Another idea is that, considering he's very much into Quidditch, he might be painfully aware of Chloe's innate ability in it - which might serve for some curious interactions, should he want to push her in that direction. Definitely agreed on the mutual respect angle here, that's very much a given, perhaps we could say they're acquaintances on good terms.

That sounds like a plan! Tyson is always up for trying to get folks into playing Quidditich especially if they have the innate talent for it! He had dedicated a lot towards Muay Thai enough to be an assistant in a muggle dojo for younger teens. The fact that she'd be talented in multiple branches of Martial Arts would be a trigger of interest for him - mostly wondering the kind of regiment she'd go under to make sure her body had been tuned to manage each one. 

Onto @Alexander Winfield. Chloe probably doesn't even remember his face from that singing experiment because she wouldn't particularly care; she would glance in curiosity at best before her attention was pulled towards her food inevitably instead. As far as the bakery goes, it's possible that they've seen each other a handful of times (Chloe didn't care for visiting a lot since she'd rather sit at home and read). If that's the case, unless they had some sort of important conversation during one of those times, it's likely that she doesn't remember him at all once again - but perhaps he has an easier time remembering her?

Ever the bookling! Haha, fair enough and understandable! He might have a bit of an easier time a lapse in memory isn't in his alley. That he hadn't really encountered many people long-term in his life at a certain point so certain others would stick out. It'd most likely take him a few days to piece together, kind of like a haze from a dream that you're trying to not forget. 

2020 year old ☆ She/Her

@Kaitore

4 minutes ago, Kaitore said:

@Kirupachi

That sounds like a plan! Tyson is always up for trying to get folks into playing Quidditich especially if they have the innate talent for it! He had dedicated a lot towards Muay Thai enough to be an assistant in a muggle dojo for younger teens. The fact that she'd be talented in multiple branches of Martial Arts would be a trigger of interest for him - mostly wondering the kind of regiment she'd go under to make sure her body had been tuned to manage each one. 

The bold part made me curious - would it be possible for Tyson to have trained (and assisted) at Chloe's mother's dojo, specifically? Since that's where Chloe trained all her life and would definitely make for a much bigger background between the two.

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore

@Kirupachi

The bold part made me curious - would it be possible for Tyson to have trained (and assisted) at Chloe's mother's dojo, specifically? Since that's where Chloe trained all her life and would definitely make for a much bigger background between the two.

Sure, I'm game for that! I never gave much of indication on specifics on that so it's definitely an opened option! One that I like. I think that established background will help in a lot of ways too with the ever evolving personal plots.

2020 year old ☆ She/Her
4 minutes ago, Kaitore said:

@Kirupachi

Sure, I'm game for that! I never gave much of indication on specifics on that so it's definitely an opened option! One that I like. I think that established background will help in a lot of ways too with the ever evolving personal plots.

Alright, that's settled. We can also assume they run into each other in a semi-daily basis because of it, too.

As for Alexander, we could go with the whole 'he remembers but she doesn't' thing. Could that lead to awkward acquaintances of sorts? I'm unsure on what to explore there.

✩ Moddies ✩ Kaitore
16 hours ago, Kirupachi said:

As for Alexander, we could go with the whole 'he remembers but she doesn't' thing. Could that lead to awkward acquaintances of sorts? I'm unsure on what to explore there.

Very awkward, Alex isn't used to not being easily noticed on the count that his eyes aren't entirely a. atural blue hue that many would be accustomed towards. I think their slight difference in certain focuses could make it awkward. While he has been training in boxing of late he is no way privy to the various martial disciplines. 

He is however very keen in studies more so towards magical theory, healing and alchemy. (A very not so long tale on the why! Lol) But I think the re-discovery as a whole is the exploration. While maybe not well grounded in the past it's the familiarity or rather the imagined familiarity I think would be the starting spark of sorts. 

2020 year old ☆ She/Her
3 hours ago, Kaitore said:

Very awkward, Alex isn't used to not being easily noticed on the count that his eyes aren't entirely a. atural blue hue that many would be accustomed towards. I think their slight difference in certain focuses could make it awkward. While he has been training in boxing of late he is no way privy to the various martial disciplines. 

He is however very keen in studies more so towards magical theory, healing and alchemy. (A very not so long tale on the why! Lol) But I think the re-discovery as a whole is the exploration. While maybe not well grounded in the past it's the familiarity or rather the imagined familiarity I think would be the starting spark of sorts. 

Alchemy is a subject they have in common, but it's mere curiosity for Chloe rather than a passion in that case. Regardless, that's more common ground. But anyway, sure. A little something over time would do all that recalling and we'd go from there.

2020 year old ☆ She/Her

Updated the splotter with characters I'll be apping over the next couple days, mostly because my need to jump the gun every time is legendary.

Friends LostGirl
☆ Them/They

Kelton and @Samantha Hammond // I feel like these two would be good friends. They are around the same age. Like Kel, Sam is easy to make friends with, So I feel it would be good for them to get to know each other.

Kelton and @Danielle Haynes // not sure how these two could interact I just like he story and how she came to be. Would love to see if you have any ideas.

(If you have any ideas for your other characters I would love to hear them)

2020 year old ☆ She/Her
4 hours ago, LostGirl said:

Kelton and @Samantha Hammond // I feel like these two would be good friends. They are around the same age. Like Kel, Sam is easy to make friends with, So I feel it would be good for them to get to know each other.

Kelton and @Danielle Haynes // not sure how these two could interact I just like he story and how she came to be. Would love to see if you have any ideas.

(If you have any ideas for your other characters I would love to hear them)

Oh allo there! Okay, let's see...

Kelton & Samantha - Sure! If someone exists she's automatically their friend, it's a law of the universe or something. Should be enough to just throw them into something together and watch the friendship flourish. Hit me up on Discord so we go over some new thread ideas!

Kelton & Danielle - I don't have any ideas on how to bring those two closer together per se, but I can say that she has a thread that you can chuck Kel at. Hooray!

Now, for my idea, but it's more of stating the obvious than anything else.

Kelton & Amber - She's his upperclasswoman in Spencer by one year and a ball of energy. She likes befriending people and doesn't take life too seriously, and would definitely make an effort in befriending her fellow Spencer housemates. Adding to that, she's good friends with Samantha - it's very common to spot them together, and it might be an avenue through which Kel actually meets Sam if they don't know each other already.

✩ Moddies ☆ video game addict✩ Tecri
2020 year old Muggleborn Human ☆ she/her

@Kirupachi

Andrea &

• Meadow:

It would probably depend on the characters that will be attending Wandless Magic Class but I think Andrea might take a linking to Meadow. Andrea isn't the nicest person but I can see her trying to help Meadow, even if Meadow doesn't take her class I'm sure they are probably going to meet in the hallways.

• Students that might take Wandless Magic Class:

Any student that will be taking Wandless Magic Class I'm sure they will get to know Andrea, some will like her and some won't. 

2020 year old ☆ She/Her
4 minutes ago, Tecri said:

@Kirupachi

Andrea &

• Meadow:

It would probably depend on the characters that will be attending Wandless Magic Class but I think Andrea might take a linking to Meadow. Andrea isn't the nicest person but I can see her trying to help Meadow, even if Meadow doesn't take her class I'm sure they are probably going to meet in the hallways.

• Students that might take Wandless Magic Class:

Any student that will be taking Wandless Magic Class I'm sure they will get to know Andrea, some will like her and some won't. 

Cheers. Meadow does take Wandless Magic! She's very studious for that matter, and would be one of the better students for sure since it's not a subject she outright hates (roughly half of the ones she takes are such a thing). Also, help in what manner?

Regarding the other students, everyone takes the subject except for Samantha, to varying degrees of success. Lisa wouldn't be satisfied with anything other than top of the class, Chloe would be competent, Danielle doesn't really have to be there at all but has been told to 'rein it in and look ordinary', Rachel has the occasional burst of brilliance, and expect accidents aplenty from Amber (not because she sucks, per se, but because she likes not to do what she's told a bit too much).

3 minutes ago, Kirupachi said:

Cheers. Meadow does take Wandless Magic! She's very studious for that matter, and would be one of the better students for sure since it's not a subject she outright hates (roughly half of the ones she takes are such a thing). Also, help in what manner?

Regarding the other students, everyone takes the subject except for Samantha, to varying degrees of success. Lisa wouldn't be satisfied with anything other than top of the class, Chloe would be competent, Danielle doesn't really have to be there at all but has been told to 'rein it in and look ordinary', Rachel has the occasional burst of brilliance, and expect accidents aplenty from Amber (not because she sucks, per se, but because she likes not to do what she's told a bit too much).

@Kirupachi

Andrea would enjoy someone who's studious and someone who actually pays attention to class. By help I mean if Meadow is being bullied Andrea would intervene and would try to sort the situation, she would probably give some unsolicited advice that Meadow doesn't have to let others bully her. 

As for the other class members. Lisa will probably annoy Andrea just for the simple fact that she wants to be better than everyone else, Andrea won't take sides in class but I highly doubt they will even get along outside, besides who wants to get along with their teachers? As for Danielle, Chloe, and Rachel, I have no input on them at the moment. As for Amber, I can see Andrea's "I told you so..." face quite often, and with a small tear in the corner or her eyes because she was just like Amber when she was a kid.

2020 year old ☆ She/Her
24 minutes ago, Tecri said:

@Kirupachi

Andrea would enjoy someone who's studious and someone who actually pays attention to class. By help I mean if Meadow is being bullied Andrea would intervene and would try to sort the situation, she would probably give some unsolicited advice that Meadow doesn't have to let others bully her. 

As for the other class members. Lisa will probably annoy Andrea just for the simple fact that she wants to be better than everyone else, Andrea won't take sides in class but I highly doubt they will even get along outside, besides who wants to get along with their teachers? As for Danielle, Chloe, and Rachel, I have no input on them at the moment. As for Amber, I can see Andrea's "I told you so..." face quite often, and with a small tear in the corner or her eyes because she was just like Amber when she was a kid.

RE: Bully, a while back, there was some idle chatter in Discord about @Sadrienne's Lauren Burdett being a potential bully when it comes to Meadow (and having another character punch her in the face for the trouble, but that's beside the point, and DON'T ASK HOW I REMEMBER THESE THINGS STILL AAAAAAAAA). Maybe we can all work up something eventually along those lines? That and keeping Amber from chasing down her likely frenemy and squeezing a joint until she hears it pop.

As for Amber in class, she's a good egg. She's just dumb and hyper. Please take care of her, sensei. And as for Lisa, that's most likely the response she gets out of 70% of the people she meets, so sounds good xD

2 minutes ago, Kirupachi said:

RE: Bully, a while, there was some idle chatter in Discord about @Sadrienne's Lauren Burdett being a potential bully when it comes to Meadow (and having another character punch her in the face for the trouble, but that's beside the point, and DON'T ASK HOW I REMEMBER THESE THINGS STILL AAAAAAAAA). Maybe we can all work up something eventually along those lines? That and keeping Amber from chasing down her likely frenemy and squeezing a joint until she hears it pop.

As for Amber in class, she's a good egg. She's just dumb and hyper. Please take care of her, sensei. And as for Lisa, that's most likely the response she gets out of 70% of the people she meets, so sounds good xD

@Kirupachi

That sounds promising and interesting at the same time :D

I have a feeling I'm going to like Amber. Don't worry, Andrea will take good care of Amber don't worry. 

Let me know when you're up for something 😄 and we can discuss the smaller details as we move along ;)

2020 year old ☆ She/Her

You thought I wouldn't make more characters? Oh, honey...

Added MJ Clarke to the splotter, and edited a couple things in other characters' plotting things.

Friends Guest
2020 year old

Rachel & Keaton -> Competition in Quidditch, for definite. >:]

Meadow & Keaton-> K is easy to approach, so perhaps these two may have chatted over the years at various stages due to being in the same year-group. Due to Keaton's experimental nature over the years, maybe he could have approached her to heal an injury from a strange burn or something occasionally, having not trusted the school-matron not to question or look into what he was up to. I think it would be pretty hilarious if she had, had a crush on him at some point also! Awkwardness is entertaining. xD

Lisa & Keaton -> I can see pure competitive spirit between these two. Both rival chasers, academic. He would find entertainment in her sharp tongue and would have chosen her a few times to flirt with - not even minding that nothing would come from it. I can see him as being on the end of a few hexes from her wand for being so irritating which would only cause Keaton to continue, of course. 

Amber & Keaton -> Friends, please please pleaseeee. Not only are they both friendly and upbeat people, they are also Quidditch teammates. K pushes himself when it comes to quidditch and he literally lives and breaths it during the season. He would try his best not to flirt with a fellow teammate, but I can anticipate some friendly teasing occasionally. Pranking? Check. Keaton lives to retaliate with all he has if he's subject to a prank himself and finds the engaging of a prank war extremely fun and creative. 

Excuse my rambling on and on, I'm a bit sleepy now - so please include the thoughts you have too on what I have written! I will also come back again when I  get used to writing Keaton as a character even more! ❤️

2020 year old ☆ She/Her

@Lee

RE: Rachel & Keaton - Yeah, this one's a no brainer. He just needs to keep an eye out for both her outstanding bludger aiming and caustic insults on occasion.

RE: Meadow & Keaton - In that case, he might have actually played a role in terms of making her 'explore' her healing talents, so to speak. She usually tries to keep those abilities on the down low because she doesn't want her parents finding out she's in all likelihood following in her sister's footsteps, but would have helped him when prompted and not ask questions because she wouldn't want to know. As far as crushes go, it's very likely that she had one in the past (perhaps even more than once), or if you want, she can have one presently. Either way, it wouldn't/won't last for more than a couple months.

RE: Lisa & Keaton - It would take quite a bit for him to actually be considered her 'rival', at least in her point of view - she's well on her way to becoming an actual pro athlete with her talents, and coupled with that big head of hers, she has a bit of an issue recognizing people at her level (even if she sometimes might - it could be they played each other to a standstill before, which would most certainly contribute to a rivalry situation). Regarding flirting, it always depends very much on her mood in that given day. She does relish in the attention and occasionally goes for it to try and forget about her ex, and has in the past. She might also dismiss him, or she might even flirt back. The chance of the latter increases if she does deem him a competent rival, because, as she  usually says, 'she has standards'. Given that she genuinely appreciates rivalries, the chance of hexes and jinxes decrease unless she doesn't manage to brush off his antics (or even take part in them).

RE: Amber & Keaton - Please with a little cherry on top, huh? Hah, sure. She befriends everyone under the sun (hell, she's actively befriending Lauren god damn Burdett of all people, talk to Sadri if you want K to casually perish or something) but closer friends never hurt either. Flirting wise, if he has ever let it slip, he'd notice she's very easily embarrassed but always seems to make things worse: she's quite the masochist in that regard, and actually has an attraction to people who put her through the grinder (see: Evelyn McCarthy-Parsons, Travis Franklin). And finally, if they are on the closer range of friendship (i.e. hang out frequently), he would very likely befriend Samantha Hammond as well. She and Amber are cousins and glued to the hip.

• Like 1

Friends Guest
2020 year old

@Kirupachi

Samantha & Keaton  - Keaton also being friends with Samantha does work quite well and makes sense. (Now that I'm awake and not half asleep & rambling away like a loon.) I can see K as being somewhat protective over her, as highlighted in his app he is very protective over his friends/who he spends most of his time with. I can also see her being one of many to scold him if he's got into some sort of trouble again e.g. a prank goes wrong and somehow he's the one with skin the colour of the technicolor dreamcoat for twenty-four hours, making it very obvious as to what he was aiming to do. 

As for every other combo, I'm eager to get a thread or two going when you have the chance...a lucky-dip of who we thread first - if that makes sense? :P 

2020 year old ☆ She/Her

@Lee

It all sounds good to me! From this point, either jump in one of their opens (if memory serves, most of them have one) or hit me up on Discord so we can brainstorm for new OP's between the nerds. Cheers!

• Excited! 1

Friends ☆ Writer, Editor, Professional Ill PersonGuest
2020 year old Fairy ☆ She/Her

Hi there! Could MJ and Eva have a thread? They are the same age and they could bond perhaps! Eva is new and would probably try to befriend her because she wouldn't know or care about her reputation and would simply want to make friends. :)