Eudoxia Miller

Invite Not Again

Melbourne ☆ Creative Director Melbourne DanceKay
33 year old Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

It had caught her off guard.  It was the same feeling she had with all three pregnancies, the uneasy stomach, the need to vomit at 10 am.  She wanted Watermelon and Olives at the same time.  It had not been a feeling of excitement but one of anxiousness.  It had been hard adjusting to two children, Especially with how little she had seen her husband… That and Persephone wasn’t a year old yet.  They had gone away to celebrate their marriage and they had not been as careful as they usually were  She was anxious as she sat there in the bathroom, the small stick sitting on the sink as she waited- as she willed the stick to yield a negative result…  The last thing they needed was another kid.  At least not without a conversation.  Silas had not been planned they had found out because someone had slammed their car into hers, nearly killing both her and the fragile life that she had not been aware of. 

Jason was not thrilled but once Silas came- he fell in love with the little boy.  They had fought about having a second kid.  It had been a bad fight- one that made her feel as though her wants in the marriage were not as important as her husband’s career.  She looked at her hands.  It was something she still felt from time to time. Jason had then wanted another, and they tried, they lost that baby, it had been devastating and Doe had never felt alone like she had in those moments.  That something was wrong with her.  Then came little {Persephone, she was perfect.  Though she had spent a long time making her miserable as she spent most of the night tending to her, she cried all the time, she had been much sicker than Silas had been.  Jason had also not been around, as often and he had been busier and busier as of late.  

Now it was quiet in the house the kids were napping.  It was the only moments of peace she had at the moment.  She looked up at the stick and stood from her spot on the side of the bathtub.  Looking at it she felt her head swim a bit as she looked at the pink plus that stared up at her mockingly.  The doorbell rang and she look confused for a moment and then remembered that she had invited Dylan over.  It had been a while since she had seen her friend and she had in fact missed him.  The mess with Orion and Frankie had taken over her life for a while, then she and Jason had gone to the Maldives.  It had left little time for socializing and she was aware he had been rather busy himself.  

Attempting to put on her best face she shoved the stick in in the bathroom drawer and moved to get the door.  She smiled as she spotted the tall Irishman and she pulled him into a hug.  In the years that she had met Jason, and had children she had gotten far more affectionate, she also didn’t have Malcolm watching her.  He would get jealous if any small amount of attention paid to someone else.  It was rather challenging.  ”Hello!”  She said, though the idea of having another child stressed her out and she was happy to see Dylan.  ”I have not started Lunch, I am so sorry, the kids are napping and I was doing something else and just got sidetracked…”  It happened often with the kids.  ”Come in, come in.”  She ushered him into the kitchen.  ”What about something Greek yes?  Gyros?”  She offered.  That was always easy to put together. 

Narragyambie ☆ Assistant Wandmaker✩ Kaitore
39 year old Pureblood Human ☆ HE/HIM

It had only been a short while since his return from Ireland back to Australia, something that had grown to be much more eventful than he could have anticipated. Needless to say it gave both he and Cait somethings to consider and think about while piecing together the 'missing facts' that she had been searching for back at the Home land. Meanwhile, he found that he still had a few contacts there that could be trusted to some extent and it left him with a new source for information. At the very least to keep tabs on his old childhood home. At the end of the day it was just another reason for the wizarding purists to focus on certain people and it was something he didn't expect to stop any time soon. 

Luckily he had received an invitation that had the potential to, at the very least, allow him to put down those thoughts and concerns for the time being. Something that he didn't need to carry with him if it wasn't necessary which it hadn't been in this case. It had been some time since he held a meet-up with Doe with the two of them being in different countries, obviously it'd be difficult. But he also understood that they both had important things in their lives that needed a certain degree of attention without delays, distraction or interruptions. 

After making himself known to have arrived by ringing the door bell he stood there with both hands delved into his pockets. It didn't seem as if it took long at all for the door to swing open and reveal an up beat greeting. "Hello there, Doe. You seem to be in extremely good spirits today." He considered that positive movement in the right direction a few times that they had spoken it had been about the trials and tribulations that came along with her marriage. The hope more so was that things had worked out and that it wasn't just a mere front being put on under the guise of a brave face. "Do something else? You don't have to make up party lines if you were sneaking in a few Z's on lunch time. As a constantly moving mother I think you're owed more than enough sleep to sneak.

While he didn't know if that was the case or not, what she had been doing seemed obscure enough to be of a personal matter. Something he didn't want to poke out of her until she felt comfortable enough to explain it on her own terms and merit. "Gyros are perfect, I don't want to put you to work more than you need to be after all. Your children will do that more than enough - I'll stay on the less effort end of things. I'm low maintenance anyways."

Melbourne ☆ Creative Director Melbourne DanceKay
33 year old Halfblood Human ☆ her/she

Dylan had become her closest confidant.  Nicole had moved, and that had left a rather large hole in her wake.  Doe was not very good at making friends- before it had been out of a need to survive and now, she felt isolated.  She had left her job at the ministry for a reason, she had needed to stay safe, Malcolm had closed in and Jason and Doe had decided for her safety and the safety of Silas she would leave the ministry.  The studio had been a good move for her, she was still rather lonely and with Jason working more again… she missed adult company.  She smiled at him and let out a sigh.  ”I wish I had gotten a nap… At least Persephone has started to sleep through the night…”  She had been lucky with that at least.   

”I am just happy to see you.”  She said honestly.  ”With this whole mess with that man running lose… I don’t see Jason as much as I would like, it seems we spend so much of our time apart once more… But I can hardly complain we did get to go to the Maldives.”  It had been nice, no kids, it was just them and they were able to enjoy each other again.  There was a lot that she missed in her marriage right now but they were trying and she knew that a another kid would only strain things… Not that she would consider not having it… but she needed to verify… with a doctor. Something.  She turned her attention back to the task at hand, feeding themselves.  

”That is true, you were always my favorite of Malcolm’s cronies to spend a day with.”  She said with a smile.  Though they both knew neither of them had much of a choice at the time.  That did not change the sentiment however, she did enjoy her time with him.  She pulled out some of the things for the lunch and she passed him some of the vegetables  ”Here you handle these.”  She slid a knife to him with a  cutting board.  She pulled the things out of the fridge and turned the stove on, it wouldn’t be too long to get the meat going.

”Tell me about what you have been up to.”  She said urging himt os hare his recent adventures.  Hers were not nearly as exciting as they used to be, but they had far more weight to them and so she didn’t mind that she was not traveling the world, it was always satisfying to witness her children’s adventures. 

Narragyambie ☆ Assistant Wandmaker✩ Kaitore
39 year old Pureblood Human ☆ HE/HIM

There weren't many people on his list that he could consider 'friends' let alone acquaintances. It had always been a rare thing for him and so his idea of proper friendly etiquette had been off in the way that he always seemed a bit more up-right in his posture than he should have been. After a days work of various kinds of customers: Both of the respectful and rude variety while managing Stardust's everyday gimmicks and shenanigans, he could see the merit of the need to relax and unwind with those that didn't add to that kind of a case load. "I heard closets are excellent places to hide away in. Even if they wake up it gives you a good guard post to peek through the cracks of the door.

"That's certainly a phrase I don't hear often." Or at all, he couldn't remember the last time someone had been happy to see him. Typically, his presence had always been a form of omen on the horizon for somebody. "Those are the trials one faces when it comes to dating high dignitaries it seems. There is always something happening with the mice that calls the cat away, so to speak." He had seen notices and warnings placed out about the dark denizen that had caught the entire Magical Communities' law enforcement's eye and focus. While the two held no true connection part of him couldn't help but feel a form of 'responsible' for other Dark Wizards. Granted, he didn't follow that kind of step any longer. 

"Yes, well, I imagine it is easier to speak with a person who didn't take a perverse pleasure in killing." Dylan expected it was much more than that, however, that most men perhaps lusted after the woman and her natural beauty almost as much as they enjoyed the dirty jobs given to them. While he had always stayed in the middle a form of neutrality of sorts. Neither caring for the kill and finding it as more of a necessity. An eyebrow raised up in curiosity as she slid the vegetables and knife in front of him, gaze drifted down to focus on the item then lifted back towards Doe before descending to where they had been before. 

"Ah. . . Very well." He hadn't expected to be put to work but he supposed it was his own doing. Fingers unbuttoned the jacket while pulling it off himself and hung it gingerly against the back of a chair. Then the knife had been taken up and he proceeded to slice up the vegetables. "What I have been up to? Hrm. . ." Nostrils flared as he took in a gentle course of air. "Well, I went to Ireland for a bit. Had some business out there that I needed to check up on with Caitlin." He knew there would only be a bit of information that he could truly tell her considering it wasn't his story to tell in that regard.