All of the IC and OOC forums of Tallygarunga are HTML-enabled, meaning you can use pre-made doHTML templates (just leave the doHTML tags out). This means you are free to use HTML code to enhance your posts if you choose. However, we do have a few guidelines that we ask all members to follow. This is to ensure that:
Post templates that reduce accessibility may reduce your chances of someone replying to your thread.
- Members with vision impairments can read and post easily.
- Members accessing the forums via mobile devices (phones, tablets, etc) can read and post easily.
- Font size: Font size should not be less than 14px.
- Font: Fonts must be clear, and easy to read. Fonts that have smaller than average letters may need to be set above the 14px minimum. We do not recommend fonts in a handwriting style, as these are often difficult to read in block text.
- Line height: Line height should be set between 130% and 150%. This ensures the eye has enough room to see each line without losing track.
- Width: Post templates narrower than the post box can make posts very difficult to read on mobile devices. Please use the available space! If you need help setting your preferred post template to 100% width, please ask!
- Overflow and tabs: Please do not use post templates that have scroll boxes or tabs for IC threads. You may use them for splots and other such, but keep in mind that it may stop some members from being able to read and reply.
- Colour: Please ensure all text and background colours have enough contrast that they can be read easily. As the forum's theming may change over time, we recommend that if you choose to use an alternate text colour, you define a background colour as well.
- Alignment: For body text, left-alignment is preferred as the easiest to read.
Edited by Mousie