Tallygarunga is structured around a loose, trust-based activity system. So long as you, the player, are still interested in playing your character, and your thread partners are happy with the pace of posting, we have no set posting requirements to consider your characters "active". There are a few exceptions, which will be detailed below.
What is "inactive"?
Accounts are deemed "inactive" when the account has not been present on the board for 28 consecutive days. This just means you've not made a post, or browsed the site under that account name. The easiest way to keep your characters "active" is to regularly post, create status updates, react to content, or use the account switch to browse the site under any of your character accounts.
Our activity sweeps are fully automated, and operate as follows:
- At 42 days (six weeks from last activity), an email will be sent to the email address associated with the character account to let you know that the account is coming up for archival. To avoid archival, all you have to do is log into the site with that account. Once you see that character's name pop up in the "who was online today" box at the bottom of the forum, you'll know they're safe and will not be archived.
- At 56 days (eight weeks from last activity), the system will automatically move the account into the repository group, and an email will be sent to notify you that this has been done.
It's important to ensure that you have a valid email address set for your characters, and that you are set to receive news and updates.
To ensure your accounts are enabled for news and updates, visit the notification settings for each of your character accounts, and ensure the "send me news and information" box is ticked.
A good trick to get around needing a new email address for each character is to use Gmail aliases. This lets you use one Gmail address for as many accounts as you like, and ensures you will get your email notifications for all of them.
Life happens, and sometimes that means your characters get archived before you can come back. That's fine! We still love you! Coming back is easy, and we've deliberately made it that way because we know you can't always make Tally a priority.
When you're ready to come back, all you need to do is:
- Log into your character account, and check all of the information in the character profile is up to date!
- Post a topic in the Applications forum (just like new characters do), so we know it's ready to be re-sorted and moved back to the active side.
There are a couple of exceptions to our activity rules, but only for teaching staff and major plot characters.
- Teaching staff are required to run one class thread per term, and to submit their house points by the deadlines.
- Major plot characters are expected to keep with the pace of any major plots going on. What is and isn't a major plot character will depend largely on the plots that are created, and the pace of the plots will fluctuate according to the players involved and their expectations.
Struggling with your activity in either case doesn't mean the character will be taken from you. If we see you're falling behind, or need a little extra help, we'll talk with you OOC to find a way forward that works for all of us. It may be as simple as changing the character to a non-teaching position, or coming up with a reason why your character isn't currently as prominent in the story as they had been.
Edited by Sadrienne