Trophies and Medals
School Superstar Level Two
Posted ten times in Tallygarunga school-based forums.
Class Champion Level One
Posted in a thread tagged "Class" one time.
Prolific Poster Level Three
You've posted twenty-five times!
- 1st - 5th Year: None
- 6th Year - Current: Tallygarunga, Bourke House
- Multiple branches of her sect were being chased down for their past. The remnants of her family are saving the sisters by cutting contact with her completely, so nobody knows they belong to them, despite the species relation;
- Nobody knows where she's from or where she's been fully, but she does mention she was born in England because of her unmistakable accent if asked;
- Excellent Occlumens;
- Has seen a lot of death, but hasn't killed before;
- Never purchased a wand, and her own was her mother's, passed down to her after the latter's death. Sensing the same strength of heart of its former master, the wand took a liking to her very quickly;
- Has a second wand that she does not use, and it belonged to her late father: a poplar wand, 12 3/4'' in length, with kelpie bone for a core. It's the only thing she has from him at this point, and she carries it with her just in case;
- No formal education prior to Tallygarunga whatsoever;
- Big fan of Quidditch and flying in general, but afraid of putting her name out there;
- Both sisters were left with a sizable amount of money in newly established bank accounts, so they won't be hurting for cash for a long time;
- Has no idea what to do with her life;
- Unregistered Animagus: Bat;
- Hasn't sucked on a drop of human/halfbreed blood in her life, but is oh so very curious about it (she keeps herself in check with animal blood);
- Took the deaths of her own parents rather well, having mentally prepared herself to do so from a young age;
- Avoids public events in the very minimal off chance that one of her pursuers might be in Australia;
- Is scared of having to eventually run away again, if they're tracked down;
- The testing she endured to enter Tallygarunga displayed she was well above the requirements to graduate, but it was decided for her to remain in the sixth year as means of offering protection to the sisters, as well as of controlling what a war-tested witch could do in an otherwise 'peaceful' location. Instead, she was told to 'rein it in'. As such, her grades are average at best on purpose;
- Is horrified of how the violent death of two separate sets of parents will end up shaping her adopted sister;
- Often cries herself to sleep over fear of not being strong enough to watch over her sister at that age;
- Restless sleeper, waking up over the smallest of things;
- Has severe nightmares about her past and her sister very often;
- Prone to panic attacks when in an actual crowd.
- Fluent in multiple languages: English, Spanish, French, Tagalog and Mandarin;
- Fairly unremarkable student across the board;
- Refuses to make a QuillBook profile;
- Semi-addicted to blood-flavored lollipops;
- Spends a lot of time in the library so to catch up with theory classes;
- Registered Dhampir;
- Afraid of crowded places and uncomfortable with large open areas;
- Has a sister she's protective over, and they both look like they've been through a lot;
- Experiences discrimination on a daily basis, and just seems plain used to it;
- Very good with her hands in general;
- Distaste for anything that can be used to harm someone else;
- Has a talent for magical items and inventions.
Danielle is a deceptively kindhearted and pacifistic Dhampir that mostly keeps to herself out of fear for her sister's life. She seems to have some tolerance to discrimination as she never seems to talk back to people in that regard, sometimes tastefully challenging them instead on their vision.
She is a very stubborn and headstrong individual, convinced that her life gave her the tools to survive most things - at least, regarding herself, as what doesn't kill her makes her stronger. She does have an Achilles heel in the form of her younger adopted sister even if she tries not to let it show.
She doesn't like complaining, nor likes hearing people complaining. This is more out of positivism than submission - she believes that if she turns the other cheek enough, other people will learn to stop what they're doing. Unfortunately, such wasn't the case with her sect. One could say it's the one flair of innocence she has left.
She is nice to people as she doesn't need more wizards against her, and her wording is usually somewhat indirect out of not wanting to be rude. Nevertheless, she does wish to have some sort of connection to someone - a connection ignorant of war, blood, and death. A connection she can cherish without grim memories enshrouding it.
She is by no means an introvert, but is often found indoors tinkering with items or doing mostly solitary activities. This is more out of habit than anything else, as she had very little access to things throughout her short lifetime despite her socialization needs, and would like to branch out somewhat.
Danielle is a bit on the short side, barely scratching the 163 cm mark, and is quite light and slim to go with it. The traditional Dhampir's pale skin is slightly counteracted by her Asian/Hispanic heritage, which serves as a very mild camouflage regarding her own species - although, it's no use, as it's a commonly known fact at this point.
Her hair is wavy and dark brown, often kept at chest level. She occasionally dyes it in a lighter tone, or wears it in a ponytail so it won't get in the way of her tinkering. She has brown eyes and thin lips, and doesn't seem to appreciate makeup to much - mostly because she never learned how to apply it to begin with.
It seems that the only thing she ever wears is her school uniform, even during weekends, despite being able to go out and purchase more clothing if she wished - it's more of a habit than anything, as she's used to live with very little, only used to alter her appearance when necessary (such as dyeing her hair).
Danielle Haynes (born Ramirez) drew her first breath in London, UK. She was born in a magical shelter to a halfblood Spanish mother, Taya, and a British Dhampir father of Asian descent, William. It was war time - at least, for that particular sect of Dhampir. They were being wiped out due to a blood feud that didn't have much to do with them personally; as the families cannibalized themselves, all there was left to do to the innocent few was to run.
The Ramirez family traveled alongside the Owen couple - Reid and Lily. Despite not being related by anything other than creed and species, they became as close as family in their continuous escape. Both couples, with child in tow, traveled the world - sometimes they'd go to Spain where Taya's family resided, other times they'd go to USA, sometimes they'd go back to UK, other times they traveled through Asia, so on and so forth. Danielle doesn't remember staying in the same place for over six months at a time.
When she was six, the Owen family had a little child of their own, also a Dhampir. Also someone whom needed protection, and needed to learn how to fight the hard way. As travelling with two children became more and more difficult, things began to slow down. This eventually resulted in Lily's untimely death shortly after the child had been born.
The parenting trio eventually decided not to place either child in any formal education system. They didn't want their children's faces to be found out, and them to be chased as well. Instead they all opted to teach them during their travels to the best of their ability - that, coupled with the battles they were forced into on occasion, made sure both witches were capable beyond their years very early on, more than they had any right to be.
After a few years of running, both Taya and Reid followed in Lily's footsteps. It was up to William to adopt the now orphaned child and he loved her as his own, just like he always had before. The sisters became each other's constant as each adult around them sacrificed themselves and dropped like flies, until the point that not even William was left standing.
By a stroke of luck, they were temporarily sheltered by the Chinese side of their sect. Their faces hadn't yet been seen by the enemy, their existences mostly unknown - and now that they had no guardian, perhaps it was time to do what their parents never had the courage to. The sect decided to cast them out completely, relocating them to a far away location under new surnames, and hoped they wouldn't be found.
It's been hard adapting to a mundane lifestyle. Danielle considers herself well adjusted mentally, all things considered - but she can't shake the feeling the enemy is just around the corner. However, for now, she has to carry her sister through a full education. Somehow. She never had such a thing of her own, so she has no idea what the hell she's doing...