Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

The exposure of decay in the world wasn't massive for him, as perhaps, as it had been with Bethianna. A woman who perhaps saw much more since the dawn of man's growth in a matter of perspective. It wasn't even fair to liken the idea of a Baby chick to a seasoned Hen - no - it was more of the comparison between man and an existing wise dragon. Even then he felt his more optimistic view painted another side of the world that desired the hope in many people who wanted to grow beyond the corrosion that existence held. Between the story of Cass's background along with what chased Adele from her entanglement from the past it would be easy to see the true depravity. Hell, He was nearly murdered because of these very forces. 

That was still a small information he neglected to tell anyone if they hadn't caught on to that fact.  Even then, his mind wandered towards the many young lives back at Tallygarunga whom had a rough life growing up, much harsher than himself in terms of relations or lack thereof. They reached and that was an important requirement, of course, he still didn't understand the full nuance's and hidden reasonings behind whatever lies and illusions have been painted amongst the people here. He couldn't be both, something had to be a choice. 

"That sounds like one of those 'We'll cross that bridge if it actually comes about' kind of bits, doesn't it? But what a choice... What kind of craziness have I walked into." A hand embraced the back of his neck as he rubbed it for a moment. "But~ It also sounds extremely complicated. Talk about a predicament of identity. As if I didn't have enough of those kind of crises, eh? Hah." It seemed he was born to face these form of challenges, to chose what and whom he wanted to be, what kind of mantle he desired to walk. The heavier portion of it all was the knowledge that it wasn't just himself that it would effect. 

Alexander took the moment to still himself in silence taking a glance about the area taking in the air softly, it was sharp and cold - enough to knock the wind out of a person if too much was taken in. A gentle current pulsed from his lips as a small smile curved upwards, he wanted to at least said he took a good part of his homeland within himself. The future he saw for himself didn't have him settled here it required too much contact with the outside world, a world that potentially need him much more than a world he could never truly get accustomed. 

"I didn't take you for the type that would be into philosophy! I'm pretty impressed." He held a personal love for modern philosophy, the way many of those before him had thought and perceived life. How would they think of their current moment? The struggles? The ups and downs that had either been conquered or have conquered them in one way or another? "I am satisfied, I don't walk towards my death but towards survival. I don't do it to satisfy the curse of choice that's been thrusted on me, not to say that I am 'entirely satisfied with life' - I am definitely happy about what I've accomplished so far. But I look forward to doing more, to impacting much more. So, much like a Soldier, I take to a battlefield that is about survival - to fight in order to return to a home victorious from a tough enemy." He chuckled briefly. "I managed to experience things I didn't think I ever would, even with the clock ticking against me. Even if many of those things may have been letdowns I wouldn't change those moments.

Yes, meeting his mother was quite the punch in the jaw and yet even with all that he could confidently say that pain was something he wouldn't change. That moment was what fueled his own bond towards his Sister.

His hand pushed through his hair for a moment as he took another peering look into the sky. "Yea, I need to tell everyone a proper goodbye. They don't need to know details but at least know that it should feel as if it's the last time. Luckily, I've learned to put up a front pretty well! Well, as long as people don't know my tells." He knew at least one person would, He'd need to pass Sapphire off to someone just in case. The ol' gal needed a proper home and the only person he found worthy of that had been Caleb. "Hey, don't worry so much, Auntie Bethianna. We kind of knew this was going to happen sooner or later. If not for you I don't think I would have had the true satisfaction I needed. I mean, I got to see the home of my father - even meet the man himself. You've done so much for me and I haven't truly done a thing but struggle and crawl about.

The usual cheery expression that would dance on Alex's face had long receded to one of seriousness. Something that perhaps didn't fit him as a person even if the situation had been dire as it was now. "This time it's up to me to finally stand on my own two feet and push as far as I can go - Maybe even beyond that. Nothing in life that is worth it to obtain is easy, this I imagine goes doubly for life itself."

Tally Staff ☆ Tallygarunga Librarian★ Mousie
35* year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

"I've had ample opportunity to read," Bethianna replied wryly. Time was something she'd had a lot of. The years hadn't always been interesting or eventful, for the most part it had been a mundane trudge through history into modernity. Watched as humans over and over again cried that the world was falling down, looking back on "good old times" that were the same as the current times---just in a different way. Nothing truly got worse, but nor did it really get better. It simply was.

Nevertheless, it had made for some long hours reading the rambling doctrines of various thinkers. Anna didn't have much patience for fiction, there were too many lies already out there in the world without bothering putting them into a book. She cultivated her own various arts and abilities, fed her mind on the new ideas and technology (even if she loathed the digital era), and found ways to keep herself occupied and up to date.

"We all did struggle and crawl about in our first lifetime, Alexander," she reminded him. "In that you are not unique. And there are very few decisions made by our beginning selves that, with enough time, cannot be unmade eventually. Permanence is a luxury given only to mortals, who expire before time bestows the decision upon them once more," at that she looked briefly over in the direction that Elscia had stormed off. A temporary feature of her life, perhaps? A decision that would eventually expire, along with her marriage, and what was the point of breaking their legal commitment when death would eventually do the honours? 

"You have the fight in you," she nodded after a moment. "A strong will to stay. There is nothing else we can do to widen your chance."

Her lips thinned against each other, hand rising to his cheek to brush the backs of her fingers against it. A fond, almost maternal gesture. She didn't bother to correct him when he called her "auntie". The moment was weird, as if she didn't really know what she ought to be doing or how to do it. Age brought many things, but it hadn't made these moments any easier for her.

Spencer ☆ Sixth Year ☆ Guitarist/Vocalist - Local School Hero!✩ Kaitore
19 year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ HE/HIM

"Had a lot of time on your hands, eh?" A small smirk stretched along his face as he nodded gently, almost as if it were some form of sagely intuition. Of course, it all made sense, someone who had been tasked with being a guide of sorts to the quickening world around them most likely would have had to deal with many readings and ramblings. Things to help them understand their quarry better but also to get an idea of where the present world was at and its potential on where it could go. That kind of time he couldn't fathom, he spent most days trying to juggle school, relationships, and the ever so often jam-session.  

It is an ironic phrase, but only time could tell if that would change. 

"But isn't that the twisted beauty of it all?" His hands tugged at the gloves to tighten them further to block away that chill that threatened to break through the warming garments. "Mistakes and failures, because others don't live long it becomes more immediate to them to make up for it some how. Either with those that were effected most or those that could be effected by the same decision occurring again." That was something he noticed switched between good habits and bad habits, a person who had always been ridiculed would do their utmost to avoid making a decision to be in that place again. While a person who in the same position could be on the more volatile end in response and rationale. "It's why family is important, can take them less for granted when you know a time is up sooner than the blink of an eye. Sometimes way too soon. . .

Alexander's gaze dropped as the thought of his adoptive father pressed into mind, it was a night that wouldn't be forgotten and that would leave an impression within himself for many reasons. It was instantly snatched away, however, as Bethianna spoke of his chance. "The best kind of will. Slapped on with all the perfect reasons." This wasn't for others, this was purely because he wanted those he had made connections with to be in a life - an actual life. 

Eyelids fluttered as he felt the presence of her hand make an impression against his cheek, an odd sensation to be sure. Confusion, she had never been so physically adorning before and yet there was this sensation of longing. Even with what he knew, witnessed and saw, she still held the  essence of a 'Motherly' figure to him. His hand rose up to gently touch hers curling the fingers around loosely. There was an actual loss of words for him unsure of how to respond or even if this would be the last time for such a presence but it was memorable and something he wouldn't regret if things had ever ended up back at this place once more.