Amanda Lee

Help Would Be Much Appreciated

Invite By Amanda Lee, in Playground

Bilby Blackbird
7 year old Halfblood Human ☆ She/Her

Amy giggled.

Blue was rather annoyed, but wagged her tail politely. She was tired, but her little Mistress was having fun, so she'd put up with this. If it were anyone else, however, she wouldn't have. It was only for Amy, she had to keep that in mind.

The little girl held onto the rubber kickball she'd found, waving it in front of Blue, before chucking it as hard as she could. It bounded a handful of times, and the Pit Bull raced after it, woofing as she did so. She ran around the ball so as to stop it, before herding it back to her girl.

Amy cheered, patting the dog on the head, before chucking the ball again. Blue sighed, before running back to get it.

This continued a few times more until, with one unfortunate throw, Amy chucked it a bit too hard. The ball bounced once, twice, and then flew up into the air, nestling itself securely in the branches of a tree. "Oh, no!" Amy cried, running up to the base of the tree and staring up at the ball, trying to figure out how to get it down.

Narragyambie ☆ Family Busybody★ LilyCat
?? year old Halfbreed Sorceraic ☆ She/Her

Lorelei had seen this girl around a fair bit, and come to learn that she was actually living on the school grounds, which was unusual for one of the junior school students. She'd also apparently formed some kind of bond with the blue-eyed girl's uncle 'Xander', as noticed at the party they'd both snuck into, and as such had piqued her curiosity a little. There was also the fact that she had a pet dog on school grounds as well... also unusual for a junior student. So it was that Lei had spotted her today, and decided to follow her a little to see where they were going. She'd hidden in a tree to watch their game, a small smile on her face.

And then the ball ended up in another tree, and it looked rather clear that the other child didn't know how to get it out of there. So Lorelei vanished from where she was already hiding, and reappeared in the branches of the one that held the ball away from the girl and dog. Leaning over, she gently touched the ball, pushing it from the branches so that it would drop down and the other girl could get to it, before offering a small smile.

"The trees sometimes wish to play as well," Came a cryptic statement from the mysterious girl as she sat on the branch still, swinging her legs lightly. "But I can fetch the ball if they catch it again."

Bilby Blackbird

Amy scowled up at the tree, fisting her hands and putting them on her hips. This wasn't fair! She'd been having fun, and now the tree stopped her and Blue from playing. And she could still see the ball, as though it were taunting her. Not. Fair.

The girl jumped out of her skin as another girl suddenly appeared in the tree, startling back. Blue appeared to be startled as well, as she began to bark, until being stunned by her Mistress. For a moment, she felt rather dumb. She was in a school for Magic, so why would this scare her?

"Thank you!" she beamed, running to grab the ball, picking it up. After a moment, she would hold the ball up as though to offer it to the other girl, calling, "Wanna play?"

Lorelei hadn't meant to frighten the other girl, but she was also used to the reaction. It was apparently not normal for children her age to be able to simply appear and disappear, but it was an efficient method of transport so she wasn't going to stop doing it just because no one else did. That seemed too much like she had to hide, and that sounded rather lonely, and like she would be lying to others too much. She liked being herself, and if others didn't like her... then boo for them.

"What is it that you play?" The girl in the tree asked softly, her head tilting as she looked between the other girl and her dog. Once again, she seemed to shimmer into nothing, before another shimmer appeared at the base of the tree trunk, turning into the shape of Lorelei once again. She blinked at the dog, it had barked at her because she had frightened it's child, but she usually got along fine with animals. She crouched down in front of the canine and offered her hand out for it to smell and decide whether it liked her or not.

"You have a beautiful dog. What is her name?"

Bilby Blackbird

Amy smiled, offering the ball to the girl. She began to toss it up and down in her hands, waiting to throw it if the girl accepted. The Bilby student hoped she would; she was bored, and lonely. Although she had befriended Alex and Gerry, they were Tally students, and she couldn't talk to them much. It would be great to have a friend in Bilby.

"We play Toss, or Catch!" she answered, nodding. How could she not know what toss was? How could any kid not know what toss was?

However, the girl was quick to get on her good side, complimenting Blue. She beamed, and patted the Pit Bull on her head. "Thank you! Her name is Blue!"

Lorelei watched as the ball was bounced in the girl's hands a little, listening, but not really receiving much in the way of information that seemed to help her understand. She pursed her lips a little. She'd seen people play this game before, but there was much about it that she didn't really get about and and the perplexed look on her features probably hinted as much.

"I see that. But... why? What does the tossing and catching back and forth accomplish?" It was a curious question, and spoken with an innocence of someone who truly didn't understand the meaning behind doing something so repetitive. This was one of those moments where she knew her mother would wonder how it was she seemed so mature and yet childlike at the same time.

At least she seemed to have drawn a smile from the other girl, and she offered a bright smile in return before carefully patting the dig as well.

"Hello Miss Blue, it is a wonderful pleasure to meet you as well," Lorelei spoke to the pit bull with a smile, before then straightening to regard the other girl again for a moment. "I was wondering... I see that you stay at the school. May I ask why?" Again, there was that innocent curiosity as she asked her question of the girl. She liked having answers to her wonderings.

Bilby Blackbird

Amy tilted her head, furrowing her eyebrows. Why? "Why not? It's fun, and it gets rid of energy." Not knowing what else to say, she shrugged, slipping the ball from hand to hand. Did you have to have a reason for doing everything? And why did this kid ask so many weird questions?

The Bilby girl was surprised at the sight of the girl's bright smile, but she was quick to return it, grinning to the point her eyes crinkled. Blue woofed quietly, butting her head into the girl's hand, before flicking her tongue out to lick her palm.

Her head tilted as she asked why Amy stayed at the school; was that so odd? She supposed so. "My parents are dead, and Mister Headmaster didn't want me to have to live in an orph'nage, so he let me stay here."

Gets rid of energy...

Oh, perhaps that was a good reason for the game itself, except that it wouldn't work for Lorelei. She always had energy, she got it from the world around her, and never ran out no matter how much she ran around or used her magic. She knew very well that she was different to most other children she knew, aside from those she was related to. She felt like her questions were confusing the other girl as well, and wondered if that was a bad thing. Cam and Hazel tended to accept that Lorelei was simply 'odd' and not like them, and were happy enough to have her around. She hadn't actively tried to make other friends... or more so, other children often avoided the strange girl.

"I do not think the game would work for my energy, but not many things do," Lorelei offered a gentle shrug, though the smile still remained on her features. She giggled as the dog licked her hand, it was a child's giggle, full of innocent happiness, and she continued to pat Blue affectionately while she listened to the other girl's story.

"I see, I am sorry for the loss of your parents. Cousin Alan is very good like that, he does love to take care of children and make sure they are all happy," Lei gave a nod, her statement was one of sheer fact. She knew what the man was like and smiled warmly at Amy, "It is a good thing that you come here then. You will never be lonely at this place. Mamiere went to school here, and she did make a lot of friends who helped her in her struggles. As did others that I know of. It is like... school family." Yes, that made some kind of sense, right?

Bilby Blackbird

Amy could tell something was off about the girl. Perhaps it was something to do with her aura of magic? It didn't feel like other's did; she'd felt slow, sluggish auras, hyper, fast auras, and auras that were sturdy and unchanging. But this girl's just felt different, although she couldn't say why. It just did, like a dog barks and a cat meows.

"You have that much energy?" Amy asked. She couldn't imagine having that much energy! "But m'be it could help some!" she offered smiling.

The dog was happy to keep licking the girl's hand, enjoying the pets. She liked kids, they enjoyed playing with her and usually weren't afraid of her.

"You don't need to apologize." she shook her head 'no'. "Cousin Alan? You're the headmaster's niece?" she hadn't known he had a niece. "What's a 'memair'?" she struggled over the unknown word, tilting her head.

Lorelei kicked the ground with one of her polished leather shoes, a little dirt kicking up into the air gently, as she placed her hands behind her back and nodded to the question from the other girl. She really did have that much energy, it was never-ending almost. Or at least, that's how it felt sometimes. It made sleeping very difficult, because she didn't really need to, and so she wandered sometimes at night, or stayed up talking to Flora.

"Maybe... is it a game that has points?" Admittedly, Lei did like those games, like Cricket and Softball, when someone could hit or throw a ball and then run to a target to get points. Those were fun and competitive, and she always tried her best to get as many points as possible for her team. She was happy with the dog though, Blue seemed like she would be a wonderful friend to have, not to mention a fantastic guardian who would keep Amy safe. That was a good thing. "My Grandpa has a big dog, named Cecil, my brother and sisters and I like to play with him, he tries to round us up like sheep," Lei grinned a little with a soft giggle. That was also a fun game.

"Alan is not my uncle, but his father is my, uhm... great great uncle? Alan is my cousin," The girl nodded firmly, that much she knew about the family, "Alex is my uncle though, he is my great uncle from Grandmiere's family!" The question of what she had said also reminded Lorelei that she wasn't speaking to someone from L'Arine, and she smiled and blushed slightly, before then speaking, "It means 'mother mine'. It is what I call my Mama. She did go to school at Tallygarunga. She was in Spencer House."