At Tally, we work hard to create a fun, safe, and inclusive space for all our players. The following rules set the standard we expect, but don't worry---it's mostly common sense!
- If you're new to the board, register a player account first. You will be able to add your character accounts as sub-accounts. Your player account is pretty much just the name that we will get to know you by!
- Register your character accounts with a proper first and last name. If you get this wrong, don't stress! PM a staff member and we'll fix it pronto!
- To get your player account sorted, start a thread in the introductions forum. This is how we know you're not some crazy spambot.
- More information on how to apply is contained in our Application Guide.
- Usual roleplay rules apply: you may not control another player's character without permission, and while we don't have an official word count requirement, respect the effort that has been put into the posts others have written for you.
- Remember the line between OOC and IC. A hateful character is not the same as a hateful player. Characters that are bigoted and awful are sometimes the most fun to play and to play with.
- The rating of this board is above M15+, content of a sexual and graphic nature is allowed, but a disclaimer must be placed in the thread description.
- HTML has been enabled, and you are welcome to use post templates. However, please keep font sizes above 11px and fonts clear and readable for members with vision difficulties.
- We have no character limit, though if you seem to be struggling with the number of characters you are currently playing, we may suggest not applying for any more.
- Roll call will occur once a month. This is your chance to drop excess characters and ensure the ones you're playing don't get archived.
- If you're going to be away for a while, post in the absence forum, so we know not to archive you while you're gone!
- If you've missed a roll call and been archived, don't worry! We'd love to have you back. Just reapply and you will be re-sorted. No hard feelings, life happens!
Images & Play-bys
- A play-by is a representation of your character. We accept real-life models, celebrities, and other well-known personalities with pictures publicly available.
- Try to keep the pictures used in your graphics as close to the visual age of your character as possible.
- Along with human play-bys, you may also use original art of your character in your avatar and signature. You may have a celebrity play-by in addition to using original art.
- Note: all art used must be with the permission of the creating artist, no exceptions.
- Nudity, gore, and other graphic imagery is not permitted in signatures and avatars, nor on the general forums.
- Respect each other. No content of a racist, homophobic, sexist, or otherwise hateful nature is to be posted on the OOC sections of this board.
- If you've got drama with someone, keep it off the board. We're here to have fun, not to fight. If you feel that someone is harassing you... please take it to the staff.
- Guest advertising is enabled in the advertising forum. Please keep all links to boards outside of Tally to that forum. This includes links in signatures, references in CBox and anything in the chatting forum.
- You are allowed to advertise Tally wherever you go, but please only do so with respect to the rules of the site you are on.